JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - 1-f no Kanshoku

Author Topic: (Band) Cradle Orchestra (organic hip hop)  (Read 8900 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
(Band) Cradle Orchestra (organic hip hop)
« on: February 01, 2009, 10:13:18 AM »
Cradle Orchestra

CRADLE is a groundbreaking Japanese unit specializing and leading a beautiful revolution in mellow and jazzy Hip Hop track making. Through their stunning first release “MAKE IT LAST (feat. Aloe Blacc (Emanon)” in 2005 CRADLE were immediately propelled into the spotlight through outstanding success in Japan. MAKE IT LAST was later released in the USA, Europe and Australia. Their long-awaited debut album “ATTITUDE” streeted in June, 2006 and the albums immense popularity elevated CRADLE in the top tier of Japanese mellow Hip Hop artists, alongside the internationally acclaimed NUJABES and NOMAK at the forefront of the genre in Japan

As DJs CRADLE play with some of the biggest major and underground Hip Hop artists in Japan including NUJABES, DJ KRUSH, YASUHARU KONISHI (Pizzicato Five), SHUYA OKINO (Kyoto Jazz Massive, DJ KIYO, DJ JIN (Rhymester), DJ MILES (Breakestra), STARVING ARTIST CREW, DJ MITSU , THE BEATS (Gagle), DJ RYOW etc etc Pursuing their dream sound (and also partly due to the risks and limitations using sampling) CRADLE (aka CRADLE ORCHESTRA) commenced working hard on creating their own unique “LIVE SOUND”, an exciting, new sound that they have always wanted to create.

By collaborating directly with some amazingly skilled and high profile musicians in Japan CRADLE now incorporate live violin, flute, piano, saxophone, bass, and many more instruments into their track making. This collaboration has resulted in the creation of amazingly beautiful and unique melodies with an incredibly original orchestra type sound……the CRADLE ORCHESTRA sound! To test the new sound out on the public CRADLE remixed a track by New York’s THE GOOD PEOPLE that was released by the then emerging Japanese label GOON TRAX. When the vinyl release featuring CRADLE’s remix sold out in one day they knew that the Japanese music fans were ready for more of their exciting new sound.

To further hone their skills and define the new sound CRADLE produced an album for internationally acclaimed Japanese pianist HIROKI MIZUKAMI in 2007, by successfully complementing Hiroki’s amazing piano skills with their own orchestra sound the collaboration hit a sweet spot on the Japanese music fans radar and the release was a great hit in Japan. In 2008 CRADLE has made several remixes (NIEVE , THE ANITIDOTES, INCISE etc) including a remix of New York identity SAINT’s song titled CANT RELATE which appeared as the lead track on the hit Various Artist compilation titled “IN YA MELLOW TONE” released by GOON TRAX by now the new emerging powerhouse label in the Japanese mellow Hip Hop scene.

IN YA MELLOW TONE captured the imagination of fans in Japan and is the biggest selling mellow Hip Hop compilation released in Japan to date and is continuing to sell strongly and introduce thousands of new fans to the genre. The amazing remix by CRADLE played a big role in the success of the release. CRADLE has continued to work hard on their masterpiece, a new album “VELVET BALLADS” due for release in January 2009 on GOON TRAX and featuring some of the biggest international names in scene, the CRADLE revolution is coming …………….please stay tuned.

Links

Official Site

Cradle Orchestra - Talk It Out feat. Nieve & Jean Curley

Cradle Orchestra - Velvet Ballads (2009/01/10)

01. Talk it Out feat. Nieve & Jean Curley
02. All I Want In This World feat. CL Smooth
03. Mountain Top feat. Aloe Blacc
04. Live Forever feat. Black Thought (of Dilated Peoples)
05. Bubbles feat. Jean Curley
06. So Fresh feat. Talib Kweli
07. Nothin For Nothin feat. CL
08. Only One feat. Need Not Worry
09. Jag Jam Jazz
10. The World Outside In feat. Othello
11. Cheers feat. Asheru
12. Food For Thoughts feat. O.C.
13. Yin Stacks feat. Rakaa (of Dilated Peoples)
14. Velvet Ballads
DOWNLOAD

I discovered Cradle Orchestra a few days ago and I have been playing Velvet Ballads nonstop ever since. I'd recommend Velvet Ballads to everyone who likes jazz influenced rap or beautiful music in general :yep:

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: (Band) Cradle Orchestra (organic hip hop)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 10:29:51 AM »
Damn that shit is beautiful. Pretty impressive, not unlike Kanye Orchestra version. But better!

And how the fuck do they get all those big names on their album lol

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 11:56:17 AM »
Nice, but wished that song in the video was instrumental. >_> I like Can't Relate and About You remixes on the myspace though. Gonna check out the album. Thanks

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 08:06:27 PM »
Here's their debut album! :theking

Cradle - Attitude (2006/06/07)

1. Unyielding Intention feat D・A・I
2. Remember? Feat Dizzy Of Ugly Duckling-Breezy Remix
3. Goodness
4. Free Sensitivity
5. In L.A.feat Fresh Air with Alexx Daye
6. Indivisible Contradiction
7. Make It Last feat Aloe Blacc of EMANON
8. Smoke
9. Till The morning feat Captions(Formerly Longevity Crew)
10. The Art of Bop Breaking
11. NEVER Forgive Action feat Collective Efforts, Pgnut of Minamina Goodsongs, H20 of Mass Influence, Dillon of Intellekt & Dirty Digits
12. Beautiful Thang feat Legendary K.O.
13. Desert Ripple
14. Improve
15. The Milky Way
16. One Step Ahead feat KBH
DOWNLOAD

'Attitude' is quite different compared to 'Velvet Ballads'. The production is more sample based and the album doesn't contain as much rapping as Velvet Ballads. The guests aren't that impressive but the strong instrumental tracks make 'Attitude' a must get for everyone who's into jazz influenced hip hop :yep:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 08:13:10 PM by Masa »

Offline electric mole

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 07:08:27 AM »
Magical Journey

01 - Cradle (feat. Whim) - Incubation
02 - Incise - Footsteps
03 - Incise (feat. Need Not Worry) - Scorpion Tail
04 - Incise (feat. Skyrise) - Your Soul
05 - The 49ers - Champage
06 - The 49ers - Breath Of Fresh Air (Edit Ver.)
07 - The 49ers - Music
08 - Poems - Blooming Sounds
09 - Poems - Way Back When
10 - Poems - Be Free
11 - Mark-J - Intercession
12 - Mark-J - Agape Soul (Edit Ver.)
13 - Awon (feat. Tif The Gifeat.) - Real Emcee
14 - Awon - Still Got Love
15 - Awon - Misery
16 - Archetype - Get Down
17 - Archetype - You See
18 - Jazz Addixx - 1200 Jazz
19 - Jazz Addixx - H.i.p - H.o.p
20 - Jazz Addixx - Dope
21 - Saint - Promise
22 - Saint (feat. Dumi Right) - About Time
23 - Artofficial - Big City Bright Lights (Edit Ver.)
24 - Artofficial - Word Bending
25 - The Good People - Anotha Level
26 - The Good People - These Times
27 - The Good People - Chances
28 - The Good People - Problems
29 - The Good People - Family
30 - The Good People - Keep On Moovin
31 - Nieve & Cook - Jump Up
32 - Nieve & Cook - Chronic Intoxication
33 - Nieve & Cook - Priceless Few
34 - Saint (feat. Muneshine & Emskee) - CanĹt Relate (Cradle Orchestra Remix) (Unplugged Ver.)
35 - Nieve & Cook - Another Day Comes (Cradle Orchestra Remix) (Unplugged Ver.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?jwonamlyqdd

Inherit aka Dj Chika of Cradle - Up the River

01. Intro
02. Clean Slate Ft. CL
03. Two For The Time Ft. El Da Sensei
04. The First Day Ft. Aloe Blacc
05. Advance
06. Traveling Man Ft. The 49ers
07. That's How It Is Ft. Tableek
08. Call Me AG Ft. AG
09. My Name Rings Ft. AWON
10. Twenty Twenty Ft. Muneshine
11. Nerve Drive
12. Proper Procedure Ft. Need Not Worry
13. Hello Ft. Nieve
14. Let Me Know Ft. Emskee
15. Something Cool Ft. Fatlip (of The Pharcyde) & Cradle Orchestra
16. Virtual Journey
17. Clean Slate (Smooth Current Remix)

http://www.mediafire.com/?jazin1odimu

I have In ya mellow tone 1 & 2 also which are incredibly amazing as well. If anyones interested i'll up it. As for now, enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 07:16:02 AM by electric mole »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 08:37:41 AM »

Their new album is pretty damn good :thumbup

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - 1-f no Kanshoku