JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sistar - Give It To Me

Author Topic: Berry Beautiful [Volume 2]  (Read 95300 times)

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Berry Beautiful [Chapter 22: After Hours]
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2007, 02:16:32 AM »
Fast update, yowzers! :w00t:

“I’m sorry, Rii-chan,” she said. “But we have to help Momo.” Then she became silent as she raised the glass and her dagger toward the sleeping girl.

WHAAAAAA!?   am I reading this correctly? hopefully she's just cutting off a piece of her hair.   XD

SakiMiya  :wub:
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2007, 12:06:37 PM »
^ Lolz, you're funny :P
But that could very well be the case, though I have no idea why Risako's hair is needed to bring Momo back from the dead XD
I can't wait for all the hocus pocus stuff to actually start. It should be fun :D

Loser87

« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2007, 04:45:00 PM »
I'm a liar, I didn't give an edit to my last post my bad >;P

Anyway, short comment since I gotta go to an interview soon

I honestly think Miya did not cut off Risako's hair..Though it'd be funny

But usually it's gotta be blood, since blood is life and it's part of what keeps us going =D
And Miyabi said Risako can sleep through anything...So Miya probably gave a little cut and took a few drops of blood =O=

End of my theory there

Update faster Rokun I can't wait another week or two!
Go!

UPDATE!!

Offline chibilolli

• Uh Wha?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gaki Gay Lord
« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2007, 10:30:57 AM »
 :nya: Thank you for updating before I left. I did read the chapter earlier but have been too busy to add my thoughts until now.

I'd like to think that Miya was cutting Risako's hair too but like Loser said, it should be more than just hair shouldn't it, not that I know anything about magics and stuff. Plus she pulled the cover down to her waist (or am I reading too much into that?) . But then again would Risako sleep through someone cutting her? She may be able to sleep through anything but I can't see her sleeping through that. Hmm....

Chinami watching horrors films because she likes to be scared  :lol: - I was gonna say that's just plain weird but my sister does it (but then my sister is weird!!!)

Miya and Saki :heart:

I'm very conflicted becuase I don't want Miya to bring Momo back as I don't want anything bad to happen between Saki and Miya. But then I also want Momo to come back because of the extra drama it would cause. ARGH!

P.S. - Update please :D

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2007, 10:42:26 AM »
Bad things coming soon. Or in Risako's case already happening. And I guess things can't get much worse for Momo. . .
I guess that means that it's really: bad things already happening.

UPDATE!!
P.S. - Update please :D

I am interested in your idea's and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2007, 08:31:08 PM »
Hello everyone! Here I was going to post today wondering where you guys were, and I get two more responses today! :D Thank you for making me feel more special again. I had a feeling I might have just updated again too quickly, despite the urgings of certain parties. :P

Lol, I had a feeling everyone would latch onto the Risako part (obviously). I actually had a page or two extra written of detail at that part, but it seemed really weird (and morbid) and didn't make complete sense lol, so I thought giving it this air of mystery instead was a better idea. ^_^ You'll find out quite soon what that was all about. I'm hoping to get to the "hocus pocus" in the next chapter, but if nothing else it will definitely also be soon. :)

I'm glad everyone's still loving MiyaSaki, and Chinami's whole "likes to be scared" thing is kind of a reflection of myself, because I think I'm kind of like that. :lol: Then again I'm a little strange too...

Lolli, are you going to Japan for quite a while and will have no internet access? That sucks. :( I'll miss you here!

Even though I'm giving comments, don't expect another chapter too soon. I'm working on finishing A Young Girl's Odyssey, and while I'm definitely not forgetting this(!), it may be a little slow updating for a while. Speaking of which, if you really need something to do in the meantime while awaiting another chapter, and if you like my writing, I urge you to check out Odyssey if you haven't yet (since I see very few of you posting in its thread). Berryz aren't central to it, but it's still a fun though different kind of story, and long enough to suck up way too much of your time still. ;) [/shameless plug]

Have a great weekend everyone!

Offline chibilolli

• Uh Wha?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gaki Gay Lord
« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2007, 08:51:27 PM »
Lolli, are you going to Japan for quite a while and will have no internet access? That sucks. :( I'll miss you here!

I'm in Japan now and luckily I have a free broadband connection in my room :D (good job I brought my notebook with me on the off chance). So now I can read when you update. I'll check Odyssey out as well.

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Berry Beautiful [Chapter 23: The Value of a Word]
« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2007, 02:48:42 PM »
Hi everyone. I don't want to say a whole lot before posting this next chapter, so I'm sorry for taking so long, and here you go. :)

Chapter 23

Miyabi woke in the morning to a chill. When she opened her eyes she realized her arm was stretched across an otherwise empty bed, and the covers were drawn down enough to let a cool draft touch her beneath them. Shivering slightly, she pulled the blankets around her as she sat up, looking around. The room was quiet, with light from what looked like the late morning sun shining in through the window. How late had she slept? She was amazed they’d let her stay unconscious this long.

Sliding off of the bed, she busied herself with a bath and dressing for the day into a short but heavy black skirt with a black, white and red striped sweater above it. She topped the look off with a couple necklaces with charms that at a glance just looked cool. She was wearing them for a different purpose though, since she thought she might as well start preparing for the evening. As she was hooking the last one she heard a knock at the door, and walked slowly over to open it.

“Miya!” Yurina said. “You’re finally awake! I thought you would sleep all day.” The taller girl leaned in closer to her ear at a surreptitious glance down the hall before whispering, “I wasn’t sure if you needed a lot of sleep before what you’re gonna do tonight.”

Miyabi furrowed her brow in irritation. “What? No. I just slept in, that’s all.”

“Ahh, I see,” Yurina said, nodding.

Before she could continue, Risako and Chinami departed their room a bit farther down the hall all fully dressed and freshened from what seemed like some time ago, and after catching sight of the two other girls walked over to join them. Risako seemed to do so somewhat reluctantly however, and she was also scratching her arm lightly over her sleeve. Miyabi tried to pretend she didn’t see that.

“Hi Miya,” Chinami said, looking at her warily. Since she was greeting her though, Miyabi thought Yurina must have convinced her to come around a little bit at least.

“Hey you two,” Miyabi said with what she hoped was an ingratiating and innocent smile.

“You guys heading down for the appointments too?” Chinami asked.

“Appointments?” Miyabi asked, and raised an eyebrow at Yurina.

“Counselors,” Risako said flatly. “Apparently the big result from all management’s meetings yesterday was to get us counselors to get us through everything.”

“Oh,” Miyabi said, finally daring a peek at the young girl, who was looking at her with narrowed eyes, before quickly shifting back to Yurina. “I take it she doesn’t like counselors very much?” she tried to ask in a light tone.

“She has an uncle who’s a psychiatrist,” Chinami answered. “Apparently he’s always treated her as some wonderful test subject, and asks her questions about how her fame is affecting her. Whether she feels better than everyone else because she’s a celebrity. If she feels mood swings a lot more than she used to because she goes through such highs and lows. Things like that.”

Miyabi and Yurina both stared at Chinami, and Risako’s eyes seemed like they couldn’t narrow any further, though this time it wasn’t directed at Miyabi. “Thank you, Toku-san…” she hissed almost under her breath.

Chinami seemed to come back to herself, and with wide eyes became defensive. “What? We were talking about that all morning. I didn’t think you meant it to be a secret.”

“So!” Miyabi interjected in an attempt to save her clueless friend from being clawed. “Counselors, huh? Are we going to just have a quick session with them and then get back to rehearsing?”

“No,” Yurina said, apparently just as eager to swing the conversation flow. “They’re gonna talk to us first as a group and then in individual appointments. It’s scheduled to take all afternoon.”

“Oh,” Miyabi said. “That sounds like barrels of fun.”

“Tell me about it!” Chinami said eagerly, jumping on the bandwagon.

Risako finally seemed to calm down, though still spoke in a low voice, “Well you guys can just stand around here all day, but I’m going to go down. They told us not to be late.” With that, she turned around and headed down the hall without looking back.

“What got under her skirt?” Yurina asked, looking after the departing girl.

“Who knows,” Miyabi responded defeatedly. “It’s Risako.”

“She’s been scratching her arm all morning for some reason,” Chinami said. “I asked her what was wrong, but she said it was nothing.”

“I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about,” Miyabi said quickly, and found Yurina glancing at her suspiciously. “Well!” Miyabi followed up quickly when she noticed the look. “Shall we go down and see what these counselors are planning to do to us?”

“Sure,” Chinami said listlessly, and after a second Yurina nodded in agreement also.

The group meeting basically consisted of a couple counselors asking the girls questions as they stared back at them. Miyabi had an idea as to the cause of the apathy. Of course, she felt no need to say much since she was going to bring Momoko back from the dead tonight. Yurina, Chinami and Saki also knew what she was planning to do, so that was likely on their minds as well. Risako was still grouchy over something, and who knew what Maasa was thinking.

After the group meeting, they took the girls in one by one for their individual sessions. They called them in by age, beginning with the “youngest and most vulnerable”, as they put it. As Risako walked in, Miyabi noticed she was unimpressed by this idea, and it definitely did not improve her mood.

The rest of the waiting girls sat generally in silence, all apparently beginning to share Risako’s opinion of counselors, until Saki got up and began walking as if going outside. Miyabi looked up at her, since she still hadn’t really gotten the chance to talk to her today, and she noticed the other girl giving her a meaningful glance back, after which she looked around to see the other girls dozing off or staring blankly out into space before rising and walking off after her girlfriend.

When Miyabi made it outside into the bright sunlight, she looked around until she saw Saki sitting on a small ledge that went around the side of the building near the ground, and she walked over and joined her. “Nice day, isn’t it?” Miyabi asked.

“Lovely,” Saki said flatly. “I’m still not sure whether to cry like those shrinks are telling us to, or to worry over what you’re doing tonight,” she continued after a slight hesitation.

“There’s no need to worry,” Miyabi responded complacently. She’d realized there was probably nothing she could do to convince anyone of that at this point.

Saki turned her head to look at her, her body bent slightly as she sat on the short ledge. “Isn’t there?” she asked, and Miyabi shrugged. The girl looked back at the ground again, where she was playing with a small twig. “There was blood on you last night.”

This time Miyabi stared at her. “I… I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“While we were in bed, I found out that you didn’t have any cuts on you,” Saki continued, and Miyabi felt her face flush a little. “So the blood must have come from somebody else. That worried me a little, and probably was partly why I felt so affectionate toward you last night…” Miyabi’s blush deepened. “But then this morning when I saw Risako with a bandage on her arm, and looking at it strangely as if she couldn’t figure out why it was there, it began to make sense.” Miyabi now felt very aware of her heartbeat, as well as her breath that at the moment wasn’t coming. “You weren’t… trying to get back at her for something, were you? I’ve noticed you two have almost been at each other’s throats lately. And I also know it’s because of me…”

“No!” Miyabi protested quickly. “It’s not because of you… I mean, not all of it…” She realized she wasn’t helping things. “I mean, I wasn’t trying to get back at her. It’s for…” She cut off before she continued, not wanting to tell anyone about this quite yet.

“The magic you’ll be doing tonight?” Saki asked, looking back over at her. Miyabi stared back, her mouth hanging slightly open. “Don’t look so surprised,” Saki said, and she seemed to be a little embarrassed herself as she returned to her twig. “It’s the only other thing that makes sense if you weren’t doing it to get back at her. Which I’m thankful for, by the way,” she interjected with a slight smirk. “Still…” She looked back at the open-mouthed girl who, now realizing it, shut her lips tightly together. “If you need Risako’s blood for what you’re doing tonight, it sounds like pretty bad business. I’m not sure I like the idea of it.”

Miyabi was silent for a minute, not really knowing what to say. Finally she responded, “Risako’s fine, and… I’m doing it for Momo… Remember, she’s… dead… Having her back is a much bigger deal than a bit of a cut on Risako’s arm.”

“I suppose so…” Saki said ponderingly. Miyabi looked at her as she gazed out into the street. With the light reflecting off her face as it was, she looked beautiful. Before thinking about it, Miyabi wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close. Saki seemed surprised at first, but quickly relaxed and laid her head on Miyabi’s shoulder.

“And I just want you to be happy again,” Miyabi said in a soft voice.

She felt Saki shift against her side slightly, and turned her head slightly to catch the girl looking into her face. “Miiya…” she said tenderly. “I am happy.” Then she kissed Miyabi’s cheek and returned her head to her shoulder.

At the touch, Miyabi found herself wishing for more, but at a glance back out toward the street where cars rolled along and scattered people walked along the sides, she understood why the girl didn’t make more of a move.

“Well,” Miyabi said, still not wanting this moment to end. “We should probably go back inside… Who knows when they’re going to call us…” She realized she sounded very unenthused at the prospect.

“Yeah, I suppose you’re right…” Saki agreed with a contented sigh. And with that, after a bit more reluctance to part from their cozy position, the two girls managed to stand and walk back toward the entrance, hand in hand.

When they approached the other girls still waiting in the lounge, they were met with stares of various types. Yurina was missing, though Risako was back, having apparently already finished her session. Miyabi wondered if it didn’t end fairly quickly by Risako being rather uncooperative, as she expected the girl might have been due to her opinion of counselors. She caught sight of them right away, and kept her face impassive as she watched them rejoin the rest of the girls.

Maasa and Chinami had been talking, but Maasa apparently caught sight of the two returnees out of the corner of her eye, and turned to stare at them with a silly grin plastered across her face. Chinami, seemingly annoyed at her friend’s sudden disinterest in her, turned to see the cause as well, and her face lit up when she saw Saki and Miyabi.

“Hello you two!” she said cheerily. “Welcome back!” She caught sight of their hands held tightly between them as they halted at the welcome, and her face became slightly concerned. “What’s the matter? Is everything okay? It looks like you’re trying to protect each other or something.” Maasa’s grin widened, and Risako cleared her throat loudly.

“Everything’s fine, Toku-san,” Saki said calmly, and Miyabi turned to look at her girlfriend, who just smiled at the others, her visage seeming as unconcerned as her voice. “But…” She looked up at Miyabi and raised an eyebrow. Miyabi felt like clearing her throat as well. Instead, she turned back to the expectant faces in front of them. Risako almost looked like she was smirking!

“Saki-chan and I are together,” she said quickly, staring hard at Chinami’s forehead.

“What?” Chinami said, a bit confused. “Of course you are. You’re standing right there…” Risako coughed again, and as she brought a hand to her mouth it was obvious she was hiding a giggle.

“You know,” Maasa said. “Hearing about it is one thing, but seeing you two like this… it’s really… rather strange…” She was still grinning, but now she cocked her head as if trying to get a better look at the two girls standing in front of them.

Miyabi felt Saki look toward her. “’Hearing about it’…?” the girl mouthed. Miyabi kept looking forward, but out of the corner of her eye caught Saki blushing.

Chinami was now looking back and forth between Maasa and the two girls. “What?” she asked, now quite visibly confused. “I’m missing something here. What have you heard…?” She didn’t continue though as her eyes widened in apparent sudden realization. “Oh…” she breathed, and now stared at the two lovers with wide eyes. Her eyes glanced down at their hands again. “Ohh…”

Miyabi now managed to make herself move, and stepped forward, dragging the shorter girl along to sit closely together on one of the couches, their hands never parted.

“I think I need a therapist…” Chinami said, amid burgeoning giggles from Maasa.

“Well it’s too bad,” Risako finally chimed in, giving them an evil look. “I’ve already seen mine… C’mon Miya, kiss her for us. That just might convince me to barge right back in and knock Kuma-chan out of the way…”

Miyabi blushed deeply as she felt a small hand tighten around hers.

As girls were let out and called in for appointments, Miyabi and her Captain were forced to sit through a barrage of questions and teasings. They found Yurina had learned of their new status overnight from Maasa. This didn’t irk Miyabi overmuch, but Saki seemed suspiciously quiet at learning of the fruits of her little chat the night before. It almost got to the point that she wanted to take the girl aside again and talk with her, but before she could find a chance she was called in for her own counseling appointment.

“I’m here as a friend,” the smiling counselor said as he gazed over at her, legs crossed and a pad of paper set in his lap. Miyabi sat quietly with her head down and hands folded in her own lap. “However, I’m a friend who won’t judge you for anything you have to say to me. I’m here to listen, so I hope you’ll be happy to talk with me. So… How do you feel, Natsuyaki-san?”

After going through various noncommittal responses to questions such as that, and trying to portray the fact that she was deeply grieved at her close friend’s death, but that she was sure she would be all right, they started talking about her own life. They talked about her school and her friends… whether or not she had a boyfriend… That question she responded to while trying to hide a smile. The counselor also asked about the clothes she was wearing today, wondering if they might somehow reflect the mood she was feeling after yesterday’s tragedy. They very much reflected her mood of today, but obviously not for the reason the counselor suspected, so she sloughed it off as just befitting her personality. Unfortunately, this spurred a barrage of other questions that she evaded as best she could. This counselor most definitely did not need to know she had been toying with magic, and tonight intended on resurrecting the girl whose death was the reason for all this fuss.

Eventually, after her muscles felt like they would atrophy as she sat, the counselor finally said she could rejoin the others, giving his card as well as one last offer that if there was ever anything else she wanted to talk about, to call his office. She said she’d be more than happy to contact him if there was anything she wanted to talk about, a response he seemed quite satisfied with.

Leaving the lounge turned counseling office feeling as if her brain had just been through a wringer, she stepped back out into the crowd of girls who looked back expectantly at her upon her arrival. As far as she knew they were allowed to leave after they’d met with the counselor, but all of them so far had apparently stayed. She halted, looking back at them, until the counselor came out and laid a hand on her shoulder. “Natsuyaki-san, is everything all right?”

Miyabi looked back at the man before bowing her head slightly. “Yes sir,” she said. “Thank you.” Then she walked quickly through the girls, still with her head bowed. It was now becoming late in the afternoon, and she had to start getting prepared for the evening. However, she was well aware of the stares she received from girls on both sides. Each seemed to have a different attitude toward her now, from Saki’s nearly grim expression as she stared at the ground, to Risako’s flat-out glare, to Chinami’s study of her as if she were some strange animal. She now thought she had an idea of what Saki had been subjected to since she had gone in for her appointment. She wanted to ask the girl to join her, but knew that she had to stay down here for her appointment. Well, she supposed that would allow her plenty of time to gather the things she needed… as well as her wits.

Once back up in her room and going through her bag, she heard the door swing open behind her. Mentally chiding herself for not making sure it was locked, she stood and turned, hesitating when she saw it was Risako looking back at her.

“Not being very sociable, are you?” the young girl said, still looking at Miyabi hard, although the glare was oddly almost completely gone from her eyes. “Everybody stayed down there to support each other so far whether they’d finished or not, but you just come out and head straight up here to be alone. You were in with that man a long time, too.”

“I didn’t feel like talking any more than I already had to him,” Miyabi responded irritably. She did not want to be dealing with this girl right now.

Surprisingly, Risako broke into a smile. “So we’re not so different yet after all, huh?” She walked in and sat on the edge of Miyabi’s bed, looking at the clothes and items Miyabi had splayed out on the floor. Most was pretty normal. That is, aside from her two books, a round stone that seemed to be clear as crystal, and what looked like an old handbag. “I must say though…” she continued, frowning at the handbag. “Your fashion sense definitely isn’t improving. What’s in there…?” She reached down to pick it up, but Miyabi rushed over and snatched out of her grasp. Risako then paused a second before looking up to give her a blank look and fold her hands in her lap. “I want to talk to you, Miya.”

“What is it this time?” Miyabi retorted, and she was sure the irritation was quite clear in her voice now. “Need to reveal anything else that you know will cause problems for me and my girlfriend?” She said that last between gritted teeth.

“Nonsense,” Risako said, seeming totally oblivious to Miyabi’s tone of voice. “How would I even tell any secrets about you since there’s no one else here but…” She looked around as if searching for someone. “…you?”

Miyabi responded with silence. The girl was getting under her skin, and she did not want to let that happen. She tried to calm herself again. “Risako,” she said, with all the calmness she could muster. “What do you want?”

Risako stared at her a moment as if in thought, and even spared a glance for the old handbag Miyabi held clutched in her arms. “It’s funny, you know?” she said, in a much less chiding voice all of a sudden.

The girl looked calmly at Miyabi a bit longer until she could almost not take it anymore. “…What’s funny?” she asked as if by rote.

“Well,” Risako responded cheerily, as if she was glad – and surprised – Miyabi asked. “You see, I woke up this morning to my arm stinging and itching. When I looked at it though, I saw one of my pink bunny bandages that Sayumin gave me. Unfortunately it wasn’t big enough to cover the cut on my arm that looked pretty deep and had to have been a few centimeters long too…”

Miyabi frowned in an attempt to look concerned. “Well that’s certainly not funny,” she said seriously. “Are you all right?”

“Oh yes,” the girl responded. “Quite. However, I can’t remember ever getting cut there… or putting a bandage on…”

“You probably just forgot about it,” Miyabi said dismissively. “It happens to me all the time.”

“Well you’re a strange girl,” Risako responded. “I happen to remember when I cut myself badly like that and put a cute bandage on it.”

Miyabi stared at her. “Whatever. So, is this what you wanted to tell me about? Your phantom cuts? Maybe aliens come and kidnap you in your sleep to take you back to their mothership and do experiments on you. Tell me… aside from the scratch, do you… feel quite all right?” She leaned down as if to press her hand to the younger girl’s forehead, but Risako slapped her hand away, her eyes flaring with anger again.

“No, Miyabi Natsuyaki!" she burst out suddenly. "I do not feel all right! I don’t know what to feel any more! First,” she said, pulling back a finger as if in a count. “I meet this incredibly sweet boy in my class. We start dating, even though he still seems to think I’m far beyond him, which is complete nonsense since he does anything for me… He even got into a fight with someone much bigger than him trying to protect my honor when my photobook came out! Second,” she went on, and added another finger. Miyabi almost cringed while looking at her hand. The girl really could spread her fingers unnaturally far apart…

“…I find out that my best friend who I was closer to than anyone else in the world is dating my Captain…” She stopped at that, apparently hesitating at going too far. Miyabi was surprised she even went here. I’m her best friend…? Miyabi thought to herself. I didn’t know she thought that way about any of us… I thought she had more friends at home…

It was only a short pause before she continued, though in a more subdued voice this time. “Then, I have my first kiss with someone who’s not my boyfriend… and when I’ve barely had the time to think about that another friend gets killed in a freak accident… and now…” She looked up at Miyabi, this time with tears in her eyes. Miyabi blinked in surprise. “Now that best friend… the one who started dating someone else… who gave me my first kiss… She hurts me in my sleep…” She was now choking her words back a bit. “Why, Miya…?” she asked. “Why…?”

Miyabi stared at her, and couldn’t help but lick her lips and feel her eyes dart around shiftily. “What are you talking about?” she asked nervously. Seeing the girl crying like this all of a sudden and accusing her of… well… something that she’d done after all… had completely disrupted her calm. “I wouldn’t… hurt you…” she said. The words tasted bitter to her even as they left her mouth.

Risako looked away. “It had to be you,” she said. “You’re the only one that’s ever come to me in my sleep. You’re the only one that always seems to somehow find a way into my room. Chinami wouldn’t do something like that…”

“I still think you just forgot that you did it yourself…” Miyabi continued protesting, though her excuses sounded hollow even to her own ears. “Or maybe someone broke into your room and tried to… tried to hurt you more… but didn’t for… for some reason…”

Risako choked a laugh as she still fought back tears. “Yeah, someone did break into my room all right. A robber or murderer who happened to only cut my arm a little, and even was thoughtful enough to look for a bandage in my bag to put over it…” She gave the feeble laugh again. “And one who likes cute pink bunnies… Too bad Sayumin wasn’t around, or there might be a case.”

This time Miyabi said nothing as she stood stock still. After a moment though she sat slowly down on the edge of the bed next to Risako, fiddling with her hands in her lap and leaning over her knees. She felt Risako’s eyes on her. “You’re the only one around who’s ever been that ‘thoughtful’ to me,” the girl said in a different tone of voice.

“Risako…” Miyabi began, but realized she didn’t know where to go with it. Then she thought back to the other things Risako had mentioned. The girl wasn’t just talking about the events of last night. “Saki-chan and I really like each other, you know… At first it might have been because I felt rejected by you, but…”

“I know,” Risako said quietly. “I never could have imagined it before, but you two get along together so well, I can tell. A lot better than we get along… It kind of makes me sick, you know.”

This time it was Miyabi’s turn to bark a mirthless laugh. “Yeah,” she said. “We completely turn our backs on each other without a word… I steal your first kiss… then I break into your room and steal something else from you…” At the return to the subject at hand, she went silent again.

“You know, everything else makes sense... even if it’s grossly disturbing.” Risako said after a time. “But I just can’t understand… Why’d you cut me?”

Miyabi stayed quiet for a little bit longer however before responding. “It’s for Momo,” she said finally. “I needed…” she started, stuttering. “I needed something from you to trade for her. Her innocence… her life… was stolen, and I needed the purest thing I could get to offer in trade for it. So it had to be you…”

She didn’t receive a response for a minute, so eventually she turned to look tentatively into Risako’s face. Surprisingly, even though the girl’s eyes were still moist, she was smiling at her. “You think I’m that pure…?” she asked, the smile not leaving her face. It was one of those pretty smiles that Miyabi was convinced only Risako could produce. Miyabi nodded, and looked back down.

“I’m sorry…” she responded. After offering her apology and seeing Risako’s smile, she didn’t know what to expect, but it definitely wasn’t that the girl would reach over and take her hand.

“You’re trading me for Momo…” she said, this time as if trying to reason something out.

“Your blood,” Miyabi corrected lightly. “I could never trade you for anything,” she said almost without thinking, and it caused her to blush. Somehow, she knew the girl was smiling again.

“I see… So… You’re trying to bring her back to life or something?”

Miyabi nodded. “Yes. I’m going to resurrect her.”

Risako didn’t respond right away. “Can you do that?” she asked, this time sounding breathless in surprise of her own. Miyabi looked over at her and nodded again. Risako studied her closely, and apparently came to some conclusion of her own, because she nodded sharply too. “Ok, I’ve decided,” she said firmly.

“Decided what?” Miyabi said, having not a clue what the girl might be talking about.

“If you’re gonna trade me for Momo and use my blood… I think I should be there.”

Miyabi’s eyes widened. “No,” she said too quickly. “You can’t. It’s… It’s too dangerous…”

Risako cocked an eyebrow at her. “All the more reason for your best friend to be there then.” Miyabi couldn’t help herself at that statement, and after digesting it a second adopted a smile of her own.

However, it faded quickly, and she looked back down past her lap. “No… You can’t come. It wouldn’t work out.” She picked at the thick hem of her skirt. “I’m already bringing Saki with me…”

She could tell that news caught Risako slightly off-guard, though it seemed to for only a second. “Of course,” she said. “She should be there. She is your… girlfriend… after all.” Miyabi again looked up into her plaintive face. “But I still want to be there, too.”

Miyabi stared hard into those too-pretty eyes for a moment before forcing herself to look away. She nodded. “Okay. As long as you know it may be dangerous… I’m not sure what all might… happen…” she said. “And you’ll need to do whatever I tell you to.”

“You’re the boss,” Risako said, and when Miyabi looked back up into her face, it reflected the soft smile she hadn’t seen from the girl in what had seemed like so long.

“So…” Miyabi said. “Would you like to help me get ready?”

“Things are not okay between us,” Risako said suddenly, the smile fading as the girl became serious again. “You know that, right?”

Miyabi stared at her a moment before nodding slowly.

“Good,” Risako said, and seemed to brush it off as if it were nothing and smile again. “Then in response to your question: Yes sir!” She even gave a mock salute.

She didn’t know why, but for some reason, despite everything, just talking with Risako like this again filled something inside of her that she barely even knew was empty. One thing she knew though – she no longer seemed to have to work so hard to keep the calm that would be so necessary for the task that was now looming all too soon. Momo-chan… she thought to herself with fully confident determination. Just hang on a little longer…

Offline g4rfield

• Yocchan is my chan~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I belong to a religion called Yossy-ism
« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2007, 05:57:03 PM »
MOAR PLEASE!!!!  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: Why do you keep teasing us with a chapter that doesn't have anything to do with the resurrection?!!  :lol:  Well, I do enjoy Risako confronting Miya about the cut. It seems like Risako felt something more than a best friend type of feeling toward Miya after the first kiss. Is it possible that she already had the feeling before rejecting Miya cuz of denial and now that she lost her to Saki, Risako wants her Miya back? Heh. To make this more complicated, Miya wants to bring Momo back from the dead who was in love with Saki and who knows if she came back alright without any trace of demonic tendency she might have acquired during the after life moment.  :twisted:

*This fic definitely need to be updated soon* OMG I've been dragged to the loli side cuz of your fic!!!!   :scared:

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2007, 11:09:41 PM »
Yay update  :k-thrilled:

but at a glance back out toward the street where cars rolled along and scattered people walked along the sides, she understood why the girl didn’t make more of a move.
forget the ppl, Miyaaa

So what was up with the girls giving Miya those stares when she returned from the Counselor? I felt like I could feel the tension. And were the other girls
interogatting Saki or something?

The girl really could spread her fingers unnaturally far apart…

lol, yeah I know, one pic that came to mind was this one I saw of Risako and (I think) Chinami in their Kokuhaku outfits, and she has her fingers spread far, it was funny because she looked pretty gangsta.lol. sry, unnecessary babbling

“And one who likes cute pink bunnies… Too bad Sayumin wasn’t around, or there might be a case.”
lol, Sayumi cutting Risako  :lol: XD

awesome chapter as usual   :)

« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 02:54:13 AM by modesta107 »

Offline chibilolli

• Uh Wha?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gaki Gay Lord
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2007, 11:42:09 PM »
Wow an update. So cool  :D *hugs*. I've been on forum restrictions for a while but I've been checking back every now and again to see if you update the story. I'm so glad you have.

I will come back and edit this after I have read the chapter a few times.

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2007, 03:22:59 AM »
Welcome back!  :w00t:

Great update, btw. I liked all their interaction, but Socko and Miya's conversation was definitely intense, in a good way...  :P

Now that Socko's invited herself to Momo's resurrection, I'm starting to think that all of them will want to be there, too.  :lol: Poor Miya, I don't think she'd be able to handle the pressureXD

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2007, 01:31:18 PM »
* OMG I've been dragged to the loli side cuz of your fic!!!!   :scared:
Yay! Then I've reached my aim with at least one person! :D

As to yet another chapter not having to do with the resurrection... I really meant to include that in this chapter since I wanted to just portray it and move on (I didn't intend on making this much of a lead-up to it, lol. Now I'm gonna have to put more effort into it :P). However, as I was writing other things just kept happening, and the Miya-Risako conversation developed, and it ended up already being way too long, and since the event itself won't be dealt with in just a few pages... Well, suffice it to say, you'll be getting it next chapter.  :twisted: I've started writing it and already have several pages and it's barely started yet... I have to say already though, the tone is gonna be a liiiitle different from the past chapters. Some character interactions will be the same, but you're going to see a lot more description of the underpinnings of Miyabi's power... as well as its consequences.

Looking forward to if you have anything else to say, Lolli. :)

Also, remember, this is my version of a soap opera. For those who may not be familiar with what they involve, I'll maybe try to explain at some point, but it's really pretty complex to sum up concisely. :lol:

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2007, 07:12:35 AM »
One would wonder if too many people at the resurrection might throw off Miyabi's concentration and cause some sort of major screw up. Not to mention the fact that Risako, the source of one of the ingredients in the spell, will be there. Maybe the spell requires more "innocence" than what's in her blood. Or maybe she's not as innocent as Miyabi thinks and something horrible will happen. (Does it make me a bad person if I want something bad to happen?)

Offline chibilolli

• Uh Wha?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gaki Gay Lord
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2007, 09:25:43 AM »
I was gonna edit my above post but...meh!

Good chapter. I think this interaction between them was needed before the resurection. I agree with other people though, in that I think that if the rest find out that Risako and Saki are going to be there, then they will want to be there too. Will Miya be able to perform under watchful eye's?

No more mushy-ish Risako / Miya interactions please!!! You were the one that converted me to the Miya / Saki pairing. I don't want anything to go wrong between them. Even if Miya still has feelings for Risako.

Miya / Saki FTW :heart:

P.S - UPDATE NOW!!!

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Berry Beautiful [Chapter 24: Mors Mordre]
« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2007, 01:35:02 PM »
Well, here it is. Can you guess how things may be different after this? :twisted:

WARNING: This chapter contains some potentially disturbing imagery. Read prepared...

Chapter 24

“How did I ever let you drag me into this?” Risako growled through gritted teeth as she, Saki, and Miyabi trudged through footing that was now a puddle, now mud. As if to accentuate her words, a lightning bolt split the sky and cracked with a loud peal of thunder, causing her to jump in her hyper-attentive mood.

“You’re the one who wanted to come,” Miyabi replied. She meant to make it sound irritated, but it mostly just sounded breathless as she nearly slipped once more. “Since your blood is being used, you thought you deserved to be there.”

‘Deserved to be there,’ I said,” Risako scolded herself. “Next time I say something like that, you have free rein to shoot me. Or zap me with your magic, if that’s what you do.” Another zap of lightning made her jump once again.

This was only the most recent reason why the night hadn’t started quite as well as it could have. Saki finally joined them after they managed to get ready, and upon seeing Risako and Miyabi sitting together in their room became very quiet, and didn’t say much even when Risako tried “helping” by telling her not to get the wrong idea and assuring her that she really hated Miyabi completely and wanted nothing to do with her. For some reason, that seemed to only make it worse. Miyabi wondered if she shouldn’t have zapped the girl right then.

It had also been a bright and sunny day since the morning and when Saki was with her out on the curb snuggling up during the counseling appointments. However, just when they became set to go out this evening, the storm came up quicker than Miyabi had ever seen, and since then they’d been trudging through its rain and thunder to where they needed to perform the ritual. As they left the hotel, they saw many very confused people in the lobby who either wore sunglasses or were drenched from head to toe, and swore they’d heard it would be sunny at least until Thursday. Oh, and Saki still had hardly talked to her.

When they finally arrived at the place Miyabi was looking for, the three girls stopped and stared up the slight slope just ahead of them. “Momo-chan isn’t even buried here…” Risako said. “Why couldn’t we have just done it in a park? Or perhaps a nice warm lobby back at the hotel…” She looked as if she got lost in the thought, and almost ignored the rain for a moment. At least, she did until another flash of lightning lit the sky followed by its requisite crash of thunder. Miyabi didn’t think she’d ever seen an expression change so fast.

“I told you before we left,” Miyabi answered, trying herself not to shiver in the downpour. “It has to be in a graveyard – any graveyard. It doesn’t matter which one. No other place has the right atmosphere. That is, unless you’d rather break into a morgue or a funeral home…”

“Maybe not a morgue,” Saki said, and Miyabi looked quickly over at her, happy to hear her girlfriend say anything at all, even if she might be about to get angry with her. She nodded toward the cemetery, her bangs plastered to her forehead and almost covering her eyes. Miyabi wondered if it was wrong that she thought the girl looked incredibly sexy right at that moment. Shaking herself, she followed her eyes to a small structure standing up in the gloom. “But might a vault do?”

“Yes,” Miyabi said, a smile of relief forming on her face. “That actually should do quite nicely.”

Spurred by the idea that they might be getting out of this muddy mess, the three girls almost sprinted forward up the slope – Risako slipping once before being caught on the arm by Saki. Even though she was saved a face full of mud, the girl didn’t look too grateful. Finally they reached the vault, but upon trying the door found that it was padlocked.

“Oh no…” Risako whined. “Maybe I should go back and just roll around in that mud… at least then this shower would be put to some kind of use…”

“Hang on,” Miyabi said, and stepped up to the door. Wrapping her fingers around the lock, she gripped it in her fist and closed her eyes. She tried to feel the lock… to learn it… to understand it completely. It took a little mental searching, but finally she smiled as it felt like something within her slid into place, and as she came back to reality the lock clicked and fell open in her hand.

Saki didn’t seem impressed at the deed, but Risako looked with wide eyes from the lock to Miyabi. “Well now I know how you got into my room last night…”

“Nah,” Miyabi said. “Those doors have electronic locks, and are really tough to open like this since they’re so complicated. I just got in because Toku-san left to go to the bar and didn’t lock it.”

Risako opened her mouth as if trying to say something, but all she could do was close it again and blink. Miyabi grinned. She had a feeling the girl would have a talk with Chinami when they returned. That is… she thought, the grin fading, if what happens tonight doesn’t wipe thought of anything else from her mind…

She was still a little nervous over how the two girls might react to some of the things that would happen during the ritual. Even though she’d been lukewarm to her so far tonight, she knew that Saki at least would want to react in some way if she saw Miyabi being hurt. She’d done her best to make it sound as if she didn’t know what would happen, but that she was sure she’d be okay. Actually, she wasn’t just worried over what the other girls might think. She wondered if she was really prepared for what was to come as well.

“So do you want to go in or not?” Miyabi asked more irritably than she would have liked. The dampness of her completely soaked clothes seemed to be getting to her. She swung open the heavy steel door to the vault and stepped inside to dryness. The two other girls followed quickly, and she shut the door behind them, leaving the rain and thunder as only muffled hollow sounds beyond the stone structure surrounding them.

It wasn’t a big vault they were standing in – it was maybe the size of just the bedroom area of their hotel rooms – and urns of various sizes lined the walls around them in raised shelves. However, it seemed that about half of the places that urns might go were empty. Either this was still an active vault, or its family had died out before filling it as much as they expected.

Risako trudged toward one of the walls in mud-covered designer boots, being careful not to slip on the stone tiled floor, and looked at a plate near one of the urns. “I thought so… It says ‘Sugaya’…” she commented flatly. “I wonder if some of these people were distant relatives of mine…”

Miyabi didn’t know how to respond to that, so she just sat and began to pull things out of her bag. Saki crouched next to her, unlike Risako apparently uninterested in checking whose ashes surrounded them. She only seemed focused on the task at hand. Miyabi looked at her and nodded, and crossed her legs, opening a book on her lap. She was surprised to feel Saki take her hand as she laid it beside the book, and squeeze it reassuringly. She glanced up at the girl, who was looking sincerely back at her, and smiled.

“Hmm…” Risako said from the wall. “Ichiro… Hanako… I don’t recognize any of these names…”

“Risako,” Miyabi said, not eager to hear any more information about the people whose resting place they were defiling. “Can you help me with these candles?”

Risako looked back at her as if surprised to find the two other girls still there, and frowned at seeing Saki holding Miyabi’s hand. “Sure,” she said, seeming as if she was trying to ignore what was plain in front of her face.

She came up and took a few wide candles out of Miyabi’s old handbag – giving a grimace to the bag itself of course – and at Miyabi’s direction set five of them in what looked like a circle around the three of them. Then Miyabi, regretfully releasing Saki’s hand, motioned the other girls to sit at points within the circle as if making the base of a triangle that Miyabi was the top of. She explained that the form they made with their positions along with the candles was a type of star – a powerful symbol in Wiccan mysticism.

Then Miyabi leaned over and lit each of the candles. Before she thought of it herself, Saki got up quickly and went to the door, opening it a crack. The sound of rain and thunder became louder, but when Miyabi saw the smoke from the candles being sucked outside, she thanked the girl for her alertness.

As everyone regained their positions and the candle flames danced in the draft, Miyabi closed her eyes, her palms laid evenly on the pages of the book in her lap. Before she even began speaking, she felt the storm clouds from outside invade her mind, and as she delved deeper into her subconscious for focus, they began crackling with thunder as well.

At one particularly loud crack inside her head, a vision sprang into view of the vault she sat in, almost as if her eyes were wide open and not shut tightly closed. However, the sight was much different from what she would have seen with her eyes. A dark ethereal mist seemed to pervade the chamber and shroud everything in it. She could see the forms of the girls sitting across from her, but they appeared as nothing more than faceless phantoms. “Miya…” she heard Saki’s voice say worriedly as it penetrated the mist, and at the feel of a rush of power within her, her body stiffened and she began to speak.

Words seemed to seep out of the book her hands lay upon and into her body, dissolving and reforming to give her mystical cues. “Through storm we have come, and in the Storm we shall find our light. Hear me, oh gods of the Heavens. Hear me, oh dwellers in the Abyss.” The words coming out of her mouth began to scare herself even, but they continued unbidden as she gazed through the mist surrounding her. “You of many names, hear my cry. Death, unto you alone I speak. What is natural has been corrupted, and though I bear my own blame, I ask that the flaw be corrected. My friend shall return!” She nearly shouted that last, her own passion now mounting with the words.

Suddenly, her body went completely rigid, and her eyes flew open to the reality before her. Saki and Risako sat frozen to their spots, looking fearfully at Miyabi while casting anxious glances above them. Miyabi raised her own eyes to see that the ceiling of the vault no longer existed, and in its place were only miniature storm clouds fraught with lightning just as she’d seen in her head. They cast a pallid darkness around the room as well, a wind seemingly coming from nowhere making the candle flames dance chaotically.

She lost control again, and her eyes snapped down to the crystal globe, which was in the center of their star. At her gaze, it caught aflame and began rising from the floor. She peered into mist that swirled within it. Wow, that’s pretty neat. No sooner had the random thought occurred to her though than she felt a stirring in her midsection, but having anticipated something of the sort, ignored it. The ritual must go on, and it was time for her to pay her price. The other girls’ fear seemed to be rising every second.

“Bringer of life, I offer innocence to replace that which was stolen.” She took up the vial of Risako’s blood, and though its unwilling donor looked longingly at it, her hand reaching mechanically to her shoulder as if the cut all of a sudden stung again, Miyabi cast it at the globe, where it burst into flame and became enveloped.

“Taker of life, I offer my own in humility.” She drew her knife from her bag, and this time both of the other girls looked warily at it as she drew it up. When she quickly brought her hand up to it and sliced across it, wincing in pain, Saki let out a small cry. Hold on, Saki-chan, Miyabi pled through the tumult filling her head. We’re almost there… The girl seemed frantically anxious to reach over to Miyabi, but stayed seated as if glued to the spot. Miyabi smiled. She really was the luckiest person in the world.

She raised her cut hand and held it over the floating, burning globe, letting drops of her blood drip onto it. The drops sizzled and were vaporized before they even neared it. The flame turned from the pallid green it had adopted after taking Risako’s blood to, this time, a true blood-red hue. “Hear me…” Miyabi whispered in supplication.

Suddenly the flame and mist cleared on the side of the globe facing her, and she could see what really lay inside. However, she only caught a glance before doubling over in pain. It felt like something was tearing through her midsection, and she opened her mouth as if to be sick, but instead she felt something large and painfully dry slide up her throat.

Risako gasped, eyes widening in horror, and drew away from Miyabi, though somehow managed to keep her place. Even Saki’s eyes grew, and her nostrils flared as if she was becoming quite distressed as well. Miyabi didn’t want anything more than to eject whatever was coming from within her. She clutched her chest as she leaned over, and saw the head of a large serpent fall to the floor below her face, sliding slowly away as more of its length came out from her mouth. The pain was unbearable, but she was rather incapable of any other action due to the large snake she was coughing up from inside her.

The snake cast its beady eyes on the two other plainly terrified and shell-shocked girls, but then turned toward the door which was standing slightly open, and began slithering in that direction until it slipped out through the crack. Through the pain, Miyabi felt a glimmer of thanks that Saki had thought to open it – now for more reasons than just smoke asphyxiation. She didn’t want to imagine what would have happened if the tremendous serpent was trapped in here with them.

Finally Miyabi felt the last of it leave her throat, and at the reprieve from the pain straightened up again, although dryness still made her ache for thirst.

“Miya…!” Saki said again as the last of the snake’s sinewy body wiggled its way through the crack of the door, and made as if to reach over to her. Risako, her face becoming increasingly pale, seemed like she wanted to rush to the door and slam it shut.

“No!” Miyabi ordered. “Keep your places! The ritual is almost complete!” Then, she once again looked into the globe as lightning crackled and rain even began to fall from within the stone structure they sat in.

She couldn’t describe the face that looked back at her from it. It was maybe what she imagined the devil would look like if he existed. It was grotesque, yet had a handsomeness that contrasted with all rationality.

“Why have you summoned us?” a low and unearthly yet deliberate voice sounded within her head, and she knew it had to come from that being. “It has been eons since we last looked upon a mortal face…” The face tilted slightly as if appraising her. “We do not remember such beauty existed outside the Heavens.”

Despite herself, Miyabi felt her face blush. Was this literal demon from Hell actually flirting with her? She cleared her throat. “I ask that my friend’s life be returned to her.”

The demon’s horrible eyes widened. “You wish to reverse the natural order?” She thought she heard a guttural laugh. “How arrogant mortals have become, as well.”

Miyabi stayed her ground and spoke through gritted teeth. “It was not natural. Her death came about from mistakes we have made. She still deserves life. I have made the required offerings.” Saki and Risako appeared to have caught onto the change in Miyabi’s voice to a conversational one, and looked between each other, plainly wondering who she was talking to and perhaps hoping she hadn’t gone crazy from just regurgitating a several meter long snake. I’m not going crazy yet… Miyabi thought when she saw those looks. She looked back into the globe and the face within it. At least, I hope not…

“So you have,” the demon replied, now appraising her more thoughtfully, and somehow Miyabi thought the demon knew what she’d just been thinking. “It is not our purpose to restore souls that have continued on, but in this instance the results could be… intriguing. And it has been a long time…” It trailed off as if in nostalgia before focusing back onto Miyabi. “It is done.”

Miyabi blinked. “It is?” she asked stupidly.

“Yes, child,” the voice responded in her head. “Now go. We shall keep watch on you from afar with interest…”

The face vanished from the globe along with the fire surrounding it, and it fell to the floor where it shattered between them. All three girls jumped back as if some spell had been broken. The storm clouds on the ceiling cleared up, and once all became calm again Miyabi thought she even heard that the rain outside had stopped.

So they sat amid candles that had been extinguished at some point, Miyabi staring at the powdery broken glass of the globe, and the other two staring from each other to her as well.

“Miya…” Saki said, her voice trembling as if she was trying to calm herself. “You’ve got some explaining to do…”

Miyabi looked up into eyes that shown with concern, as well as still a definite trace of fear. Then she looked over at the younger girl, who was about ten times paler than her usual silky paleness. “I…” she began, her eyes wide with a shock that she couldn’t seem to snap out of. Before she could say more though she fell back limply to the floor, having fainted dead away.

Miyabi looked back to Saki. “Oops,” she said, and gave the girl a toothy grin and a shrug. Her mind, however, was elsewhere at the moment…

Offline chibilolli

• Uh Wha?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gaki Gay Lord
« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2007, 02:47:17 PM »
WOW!

I loved every minute of that chapter. From start to finish it was so great I really didn't want it to end.

I wonder where about's Momo has 'woken' up and what she's gonna be like personality wise now she's been resurrected. I just hope she doesn't turn out like Buffy did!!!

Miya / Saki  :heart: Risako LMAO

Can't wait for the next chapter. UPDATE  :heart:

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2007, 08:40:24 PM »
Woah! This chapter had some creepy shit  :badluck: (not in a bad way)

and the ending, after Risako fainted (that was her that fainted, right?) was that really
an appropriate time for Miya to have her mind on Saki in that way?  XD especially with that "Oops" she said

Updateee :yep: :yep:

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2007, 10:38:44 PM »
It seems like Miya has to explain why she's capable of doing such things, among other things... :P

Offline g4rfield

• Yocchan is my chan~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I belong to a religion called Yossy-ism
« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2007, 12:59:52 AM »
I got my wish come true this chapter. Yay for resurrection!!! Tell me you're a avid fan of Buffy!! Cuz I am, and this chapter just :rock!!!  :inlove: That snake bit, gaaah!! Totally reminds me of when Willow summoned Buffy from the dead! Anyway, the demon kinda make me laugh.  I mean he just said, "It is done." That's all? No 'but you got far greater price to pay', or demonic laugh to signal that Momo came back wrong?  :grin:

I want more Miya x Saki moments! Risako keep showing jealousy signs in this chapter, are you gonna switch pairings? 

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sistar - Give It To Me