JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Your Color

Author Topic: (Artist) Utada Hikaru  (Read 219874 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Utada Hikaru
« Reply #340 on: September 07, 2007, 01:59:40 PM »
Seriously I'm just replaying this over and over again

[youtube=425,350]clANY6il8PA[/youtube]

Hikki :luvluv2: :luvluv2:

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #341 on: September 07, 2007, 04:34:54 PM »
NO not another cute glasses where idol :banghead: :banghead:

:D

« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 04:35:15 PM by frblckstr1 »

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #342 on: September 07, 2007, 04:40:08 PM »
^
^
That vid is pure WIN~!!!!

HIKKI~!!!! :love:
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Dj-B13

• Pro Street Fighter Player
  • Member+
  • H!P Fan From Hawaii~!!!
« Reply #343 on: September 07, 2007, 10:15:36 PM »
oh man haha, and it had to be on HEY! HEY! HEY! also  :shy1:
*Number 1 Fan Of The Great Miichan Sama*
Genericpaperdoll, Mini*Wheat, Pinkosa, Pharadox, and kawaii beam are all graphix legends

Offline aedon

• Member+
Re: (Artist) Utada Hikaru
« Reply #344 on: September 09, 2007, 11:08:46 AM »
Worst live of "Beautiful World" so far :lol:
[youtube=425,350]xwVtBThgtos[/youtube]

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline ohno

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #345 on: September 13, 2007, 04:12:40 AM »
I've never really liked Hikki's music but I checked out the new single since it has a tie-in with the Evangelion movie. I think it sounds really beautiful!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #346 on: September 13, 2007, 05:21:37 PM »

Offline Maxis

• Member+
  • 艷陽高照
« Reply #347 on: September 15, 2007, 05:00:04 PM »
i'm looking for one of hikaru old songs

Hikari -PLANITb Remix

any one got it ? can i hav it ?

pLease ... pretty PLEase . ?? :kneelbow:

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #348 on: September 17, 2007, 02:31:01 AM »
i'm looking for one of hikaru old songs

Hikari -PLANITb Remix

any one got it ? can i hav it ?

pLease ... pretty PLEase . ?? :kneelbow:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0lqgbi
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 02:31:21 AM by ~Dan~ »
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline Maxis

• Member+
  • 艷陽高照
« Reply #349 on: September 17, 2007, 03:14:31 PM »
 :k-great: :k-thrilled: :mon thumb: Dan-san you save me a trip to some bugs ads infested website .. THANKS

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #350 on: September 27, 2007, 05:06:15 PM »
Ok, I'm gonna go on a Hikki-blog spree just because her latest ones have been so awesome.

Jeff Buckley.

He's my faaaaaaaaaaaaavortite artist!

He made a damn good album and died, so the number of works he left is not so many, but I believe he still has a lot of fans.

I was shown this CD jacket with his autograph when I was on a radio show of J-Wave, got pretty excited, went wild like crazy and then took a picture of it by my ke-tai.

Up until then, I always wondered "Why everyone loves to have things like autographs?" every time I was asked for my autograph. But having seen this Jeff Buckley's autograph I learned the value of autographs!

"Wow! So he did sign this autograph! And I'm looking at it right now! I'm holding it in my hand!" - this thought gave me some indescribable, electrifying excitement. I felt like I contacted Jeff Buckley just a lil bit. It's a quite "indirect" way of contact, though.

Maybe this could give you more reality than photos.

I really love "Grace," the only album he left, and having been listening to it hundreds of times. His two-CD live album "Live At Sin-e," that contains the live recordings he casually did in the places like cafe bars before he got popularity, is his another masterpiece.

I wonder which genre he belongs to - maybe it could be the common Rock/Pop or something like that I guess?

Or should I better call it "Beautiful Rock"? "Beautiful" might be a little too abstract expression.

"Painful Rock." I describe his music like that, if you ask me. Sounds good huh, Painful Rock.

By the way his face looks kinda like the combination of Hideaki Ito and Ethan Hawke . . . if you ask me. What do you think about this! I have a good feeling that I'm right on target about this . . . !

I'll be so happy if you could get what I mean! (lol) What do you think?

Credit: http://www.u3music.com/message/index.php?m=1&d=2007092205446j.xml

I love this woman. Her favourite artist in the world is also one of mine. Jeff Buckley doesn't nearly get the credit he deserves. Grace is a beautiful album and Jeff's got one of the greatest voices ever.

The second one refers to a certain H!P girl:

You know, there's this ke-tai site called "Kao Cheki!", right? The site that let you know the analysis date of which celebrity you look like, after you submit your face photo to it.

I got a bunch of emails from you guys telling me "Why don't you try it Hikaru-chan!" so I tried it the other day . . .

And the results were . . .

No. 1 Hoshino Aki

No. 2 Yoshizawa Hitomi

That's the answer I got from it. (No. 3 was an idol girl I didn't know)

. . . Ho, Hoshino Aki?! Yoshizawa Hitomi?!

Ehhhhhhhhhh?!

I mean,

Why I didn't get Utada Hikaru ! ! (lol)

Maybe it depends on the type of picture - I thought so and sent a couple of different photos to it, but got the same results every time.

Among those fan mails that let me know about "Kao Cheki" I remember some people told me "I tried it and the result was Utada Hikaru!" so it IS in the database for sure . . .

But I half expected it actually, cuz people tell me I'm totally different from what I look like in the photos whenever I meet them face to face. I half expected "Utada Hikaru" wouldn't come out if I submit my usual picture to it.

Some time ago, when my American band members came to Japan they told me "we saw someone that totally looked like you on the cover of a gravure magazine!!", so I got the magazine and guess what, it was Hoshino Aki san who was on the cover . . . There was such an episode . . .

Have I got any parts that look like her?! I don't think so. I mean, I'm like I wanna say sorry to Hoshino Aki san . . . I mean it . . .
I'm sorry . . . (._.*)

Credit: http://www.u3music.com/message/index.php?m=1&d=2007092413471j.xml

Funny how she didn't get compared to herself XD

But the next one delivers a bombshell:

Hello, people!

Summer has come and gone. I hope you all enjoyed your summer breaks.

I didn't do a single summer-ish thing this year... it was just too hot in Tokyo!!! I spent most of my time indoors.

I am currently in New York, having meetings with the IDJ folks, discussing the direction of the next english-language album, how and when we should get started on its production, and so on.

We got to meet with some producers and track-makers that I'm interested in working with.

So, uh, yeah, I'll be getting started on another album soon. We're not on any sort of schedule, not rushing at all, and it looks like its going to be a nice mellow start, taking it step by step. We'll just see how it goes. But the general feeling is good.

Just thought you might like to know that ;)

The photo is of Kuma-chan (with his pillow) looking out the window from our hotel room.

Talk to you again soon!

Au revoir~ :)

Credit: http://www.u3music.com/message/index.php?m=1&d=2007092523322e.xml

HIKKI'S MAKING A NEW ENGLISH ALBUM!!!  :w00t: :w00t: I'm one of those fans who did like Exodus so I'm more than happy to see her make a new English album. :D Wonder if she'll work with Timbaland again or with others?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 05:07:32 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #351 on: September 27, 2007, 05:10:12 PM »

Miracle Hikki looks so much like the real thing :o

Offline Dj-B13

• Member+
« Reply #352 on: September 27, 2007, 05:12:01 PM »
hey I am the other few that liked the English Album too, wehtn and purchased the album the day it cam eout  :)

Can't wait for her second one  :w00t:
Genericpaperdoll, Mini*Wheat, Pinkosa, Pharadox, and kawaii beam are all graphix legends

Offline Dj-B13

• Member+
« Reply #353 on: September 27, 2007, 05:23:03 PM »
hehe yeah she does, man when me and my mom saw her performing to Hikki's songs....

:shocked:, oh my god haha, I actually showe dmy friend friend and I didn't say it was not her, and my friend Ian was like "Oh it's Hikki" not knowing it was Miracle Hikki haha  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 05:23:29 PM by Dj-B13 »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #354 on: September 27, 2007, 05:32:17 PM »
Does anyone else see the Yossi reemblance? I don't :lol:

Offline Dj-B13

• Member+
« Reply #355 on: September 27, 2007, 05:40:55 PM »
ahaha yeah...Yossi??  :lol:, that was a weird one haha,

I'm surpirsed no one mentioned at least Eri Kamei... :-\
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 05:41:27 PM by Dj-B13 »

Offline shancai02

• Crazy Go Nuts University Alum
« Reply #356 on: September 30, 2007, 03:09:47 PM »
^ It could be how she mentioned that it could be certain pictures in that sense.  I'm guessing maybe they had a similar haircut around the same time, usually that will do it.  But I don't really see a resemblance either.

And oh my freaking gosh, a new English album.  I'm one of the people that liked" EXODUS" and so I'm excited.  There are some good producers on IDJ now so hopefully we can expect some great things.  Also Rain and SE7EN and I believe a couple other Korean artists are working on English debuts, so it could help a lot for her album promotion!

:D

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #357 on: September 30, 2007, 03:27:30 PM »
I'm both excited and nervous about the news of a new English Hikki album~ I really don't want to see her go so underappreciated again!  :cry: I thought Exodus was a solid album (although compared to her Japanese work, not her best) and she definitely is deserving of a second chance, but...

They just better do a hell of an awesome job promoting her this time!

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #358 on: October 01, 2007, 01:38:50 PM »
They just better do a hell of an awesome job promoting her this time!

They couldn't do much worse than the non-promotion of Exodus.

I didn't like the Exodus album that much.  When I listen, for the first half I have to resist turning it off as for me the first half is a bit weak, but then halfway through it seems to improve a bit.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #359 on: October 01, 2007, 02:52:29 PM »
I liked Exodus, but I can't see Hikki succeeding in American market, I just can't :/

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Your Color