JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Marunouchi Sadistic

Author Topic: [MariHaru] Basket Case - Under Construction (HPOV Chap3 Posted) 7/20  (Read 128996 times)

Offline masokun

• Mariko | Airin | Nana |-oshi
  • Member+
  • reborn creature via ctrl+alt+del
I'm so happy for this update FoF-san  :inlove:

I'm laughing hard in miichan's interogation and maritroll with creepy..awesome!! :rofl: :rofl:

And the bed scene.. woohhhh can't say anything.. it's just getting sweeter.. :oops:

Looks like Mariko getting softer to haruna..YAY!  :cow:

Parents day means, Maachan!!!  :love:

Hope you will update soon... :twothumbs

Offline anonymousdowner

• Journey ∞
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Atsumina ♥ Wmatsui ♥ MariHaru( *`ω’)人(бвб)
OMMMMGAWD, so I was on my iphone and when I saw your update I was like soooo happy. You have no idea how I get that crazy dance stirring from me each time I think of your fic....Okay, but like I said I was on my iphone and barely clicked on the 'thankyou' button for the Basket case post...childishly wanting to be the first one to comment... My lazybutt though wanted to be all comfy first before I get to reading your awesome update and while flying towards the comforters of my bed...I sprained my wrist...was too excited and am now damaged.  :smhid

...Like dude it hurts, but I felt ten times better while finally reading. I was literally smiling the whole time with my injured hand placed on top of my chest all comfy lol.    How I feel about this chapter is probably how Mariko's mom feels for the justin bieber songs and 'ugh' movies she loves so much.

All in all, this chapter was too cute! Mariko started out pretty mean hahah, I love MariTroll regardless though. Then with the whole MariHaru scene at the end...I don't think I can make it having to wait long for the next update T^T I loved how Haruna was awake and staring at her like "omfg awwwwhehe!" the whole scene was great. Fang was amazing too haha, and Minegeshi's 6o% takes the win for me lol that or Mariko's paper lmfao, but I knew Mii-chan would be awake to hear their little 'No barrier or walls up' conversation.

During the scene with Minegeshi who by the way makes me laugh every time you refer to her as the 'crazy psycho' when she's like don't sacrafice yourself I was laughing because, I felt like I had sacrificed a hand for your update hahah...Which I do not regret. Your work makes me smile, I'm glad.

Thanks for this wonderful chapter FoF, please update soon! I'm excited for parents day at crack house university.  :tama-heart: :tama-laff: :tama-yeeaah:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 08:36:52 PM by anonymousdowner »

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
OMG, this update left me speechless..  :bow: :bow: :bow:

*is trying to restore her vocabulary*
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline lovemariharu

• Member+
  • SNH48 Savoki赵嘉敏 推し
wahahahaha.. Really happy!!
Finally they're friends? OMG OMG..
can't wait till the appearance of Mariko's family again..
wahaha.. that must be really interesting~ :D :D

Waiting again.. <3 <3
Waiting with love.. haha..

It's really nice that they finally get eyes-to-eyes talk.. >.<
and.. Mariko calling her Haruna freaks her out? OMG.. That's just so sweet..
How unpredictable that must be.. Because she thought that Mariko hates her..
Surprisingly also Mariko suddenly remembered her name without any mistakes.. OMG :D

Offline RJay

• AtsuMina & MariHaru FOR LIFE!!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Don't give up! Keep moving forward!
Hm... Interesting...

At the end, Mariko is somewhat having small feelings for Haruna; heart beating really fast and she's blushing?

I get the feeling that we're reaching soon the ending... or maybe I'm wrong.

Anyways, can't wait for the next chapter for Parents day and MariMii's guy friend coming up, I wonder if I got my guess right.

Update whenever you can(still trying to do my best on mine to)

When I saw your update, I was I had to read it first before I continue on working on my fic, but it seems that I was busy with something else lol
I'll say "I love you" to the person I love
Even if these feelings aren't returned, saying "I love you" to the person you love
That is the most beautiful thing in the world

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
HAHAHAHAH!!!! Just give  Mariko. Let you sink in the craziness hehe
OMG the ring I'll never watch that movie lol
I wonder if during the night something would happen hehe

Offline Wmatsui22

• ecchi
  • Member+
FINALLY!!! :D

YOU UPDATE.

PLEASE CONTINUE YOUR WORK

GOODLUCK.
hello.

I am a fan of AkB48.

I really love their songs.

I really like their fan fiction.

Offline flameeyes

• MARIHARU 4EVER?..LOVE is POSIBLE even it is FORBID
  • Member+
  • LOVE ME and I WILL GIVE YOU EVERYTHING!!!!
Oh GOD!!!!

I LOVE THE BED SCENE
[A little bit disappointed that it's not  :thumbdown: the bed scene I've been thinking :lol: ahahah]

argh!!!

I  L :wub: V E  M A R :poof: H A R U  S :tama-heart:   M U C H :cat: !!!

:mon inluv: :wriggly: :mon angel: :wriggly: :mon inluv:

Hehehe

Tenchu about this Nee-chan!!!! chu~♥

and hell yeah! I never thought that fang girl is also worried like-----ahahahaha

and about mariko forgetting someone's name reminds me of me ahahaha
honestly I also put some nickname so I can call him/her easily cuase yeah! its a nickname ahahaha
it's also cute that even Miichan was sleeping she can still can give a percentage! . . ow!!! God!!!
 :shocked 60? :drool: really? . . .  :w00t: 40% more! :w00t: just 40% more!!!! Ah!!!  :panic: can't wait!!!!!!!!!! :bleed eyes:

ME:ahhh!!! I can't stop from thinking really!!!
If I am Mariko I will never bear to stare only to Haruna if we are in the same bed  :wriggly:
Personality 3: ow the pervert is back!!!! :on_plug:
Personality 2: but I am thinking that too :nya:
Personality 3:And also her comrades! :grr:
Personality 1: I have MAriharu smuth fanfic *showing some :bingo:
Personality 3: where can I have some :drool: :w00t: !!!
Personality 2: looks whose the pervert one!... :bigdeal:
Personality 1: well! . . .  :glasses: at least she stops blabbering . . .  :ding:
Personality 2:nice Idea . . . :mon misch:

Me:

◄I ' M  P R E T T Y  H I G H  M A X  T E N S I O N  A D D I C T E D  I N - L O V E  I N  M A R I H A R U ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :luvluv1: :wriggly: :nya: :on bleed: :shy2: :shy1: :mon inluv: :mon angel: :mon lovelaff: :mon hanky: :mon bleed2: :mon crazyinlove: :mon mischief: :tama-apeshit: :tama-lotsaluv: :tama-yeeaah: :tama-laff: :tama-heart: :wub: :inlove: :deco: :heart: ♥ . . .

personality 2:
How about this one what should we do to her? :dunno:
Personality 1: Let's ignore her she's having the time of her life! :mon nyah:
Personality 2:what are you doing? :?
Personality 1: dialing some police and ambulance if ever she will become crazy again . . . :mon phone:
Personality 2: I see . . . .  :pig madder:

someone: God there's so many idiot here! :doh:

ahahahaha

that's all I want to say!!!!

:heart: :wub: :k-great: :tama-bye: :k-great: :wub: :heart:

:deco: Take care and always keep up your GREAT GOOD work!!!! :flower:

:skull: :cat: :pen_whirl: :pen_wave: :pen_whirl: :cat: :skull:

bye!bye!
◄Flameeyes
Proud to be an E-book reader
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:49:47 PM by flameeyes »

HUHUHUHUHU ヽ(╥﹏╥)ノ
PUTANG INA
ANG HIRAP MA IN-LOVE
(´∩`。) 。:゚

Offline Nyx

• Former Pervert (~*w*)~
Nice Cap...Love it!! Hahaha It really make me laugh...Miichan it so freaking awesome...and Mariko ooh men...it's the freaking goddess of Sarcasm...Love it!! I really like the whole history...and the Crazies hahaha I love so much Sayaka's nickname Snorlax hahaha it fit her sooo well...
Okas soooo Good Work....sorry let me correct my self....Amazing Awesome Incredible Super Mega Hiper Ultra Awesome hehehe Really your fic is on top one in my Top5 list of Awesome Fanfics...Soo hope to see the next chapter soon...God Look and Keep making me laugh like a Crazy old lady without teeth and to much sugar hahaha Bye (^.^)/

Offline konbini

ufufufu things are getting really interesting now!   :)  can't wait for more MariHaru goodness, keep up the great work!  8)

Offline FoF

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [MariHaru] Basket Case - (Chapter 8: Betty's weirdness level increases!)
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2012, 03:34:01 PM »
Unnecessary Rant: First, I'd like to congratulate Acchan on graduating.  :bow: :bow: Late I know, but I hate bumping my own thread without updates so... :nervous
Like most of you guys, I was sad when I watched the vid. But, for me, it was more like watching an end to an epic movie and now comes the sequel and well...I'm hoping the sequel to this movie called 'AKB48' would be as awesome as the previous one.  :) I was all smiles while watching Acchan's graduation. I've never seen her so breathtakingly beautiful in my entire two years of being a fan. I'm happy for her. Carrying that burden as an ace for 7 or 6 years isn't an easy task and well, I admire her for courageously carrying that burden with a smile. Hopefully, whoever is in next in line, would follow on in her footsteps or even surpass her in the near future.  :) And yes, I was slightly miffed when the MariHaru pairing are being separated from each other because of the shuffle. Just saying.  :lol: :lol:

My replies to commenters:

@masokun: I'm glad you liked it.  :) And yes it is getting sweeter huh. It's slowly turning into a mushfest which is a bit  :nervous for me. Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting!  XD

@anonymousdowner: Like Miichan said; "Don't sacrifice yourself! It's not worth it!" Lesson there? Always listen to Miichan.  :lol: :lol: I seriously hope your hand is a bit better now.  :) I'm glad you like that chapter. I honestly didn't like it but I'm glad most people do.  :lol: Thanks for reading and commenting!  XD

@sakura_drop_: I'm guessing you liked that chap too? I'll just assume that you did what with the bowing emoticons. So, thanks for that.  :) I hope your vocabulary is properly restored now.  Thanks for reading and commenting!  XD

@lovemariharu: Mariko is definitely full of surprises. I think she doesn't realize how Crackhouse University is slowly changing her.  :lol: Anyway, I'm glad you liked that chap. Thanks for reading and commenting!  XD

@RJay: That blushing and heart pounding that Mariko experienced was more like from embarrassment as she was being spooned by someone who she hasn't even considered a friend. But you do have a point so...let's just go with yours.  :lol: :lol: Small feelings are okay since there are probably a lot of small feelings in this chapter.  :lol: I'm thinking we're in the middle of the story. And yes, you should update yours too.  :) Thanks for reading and commenting!  XD

@kahem: I was actually thinking the same thing. I mean, the crazies are a fun bunch of people so  XD You didn't watch the ring?  :shocked  You should! That movie scared me for days!  :lol: Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting!  XD

@Wmatsui22: I honestly don't know if you're referring to my real work or this fic so I'm just going to think of it as both.  :lol: Thanks for reading and commenting!  XD

@flameeyes: You want a smexy MariHaru bed scene? I honestly don't know if I could write one but...I'll try.  :lol: And yeah, I'm actually like Mariko here as sometimes I can't remember names so I invent nicknames as well. Not like Mariko's here though cause hers is just mean. :lol:  :lol: Oh and UPDATE!  :lol: Thanks for reading and commenting!  XD

@Nyx: Really? Aww shucks. Thanks for thinking that.  :nervous I'm pretty bad at compliments so... :nervous Anyway, I'll try to make you laugh like a crazy old lady without teeth and had too much sugar. :lol: Thanks for reading and commenting.  XD

@konbini: *gasp* I made a new reader appear. I like it when I make someone appear.  :lol: Yeah, things are getting a bit interesting huh.  :lol: I'll try to keep up the great work and make a lot of MariHaru goodness.  XD Thanks for reading and commenting!  XD

To dear thank you pressers and silent readers, I thank you as well.  :bow: :bow: :bow:

With that typed and done, I again warn:  :lol:
This is fiction. If I ever offend someone, please feel free to tell me.
I'm not liking this chap but I can't really think of anything more than this crappy chapter so...please bear with it.  :)
I also added a character list in the first page just in case.  :)
Anyway, Enjoy!  :)

many thanks to yanouchi and crazywota for the poster

Chapter 8: Betty's weirdness level increases!

Do you know that there are two types of regret in this world?

What are the types?

Well, it's either you regret doing something or you regret something that you didn't do; Action or inaction regret. They say that you'd regret something you didn't do more than the ones you did. That's a famous quote by H. Jackson Brown, Jr. by the way. When I think about it, there isn't anything that I regret not doing. Or maybe  I haven't really thought about it that much. Probably. Hmm...No wait. Scratch that. I do regret not having to kill Miichan when I had the chance...so yeah...maybe I do regret something I didn't do. Damn that's a major regret right there huh. Oh well, I could always murder her whenever you know. Anyway, aside from the murderous intent on Crazy Psycho, I can't think of anything yet that I regret not doing. Keyword: Yet. I'm still young so maybe there would be things that I'd regret not doing in the future. I mean, nobody knows right? Only the big guy up there that is Betty's bestfriend only knows, right? Right.

What about regrets of something I did?

I've got lots of regrets regarding that, which includes, Miichan, Crackhouse University and the other crazies obviously. That list isn't really shocking huh. I mean, I've been pretty much pointing out my dislike on those things so...yup, no surprise there. But the most recent thing that I regret may come as a shock and quite possibly bitchy to you. Yes, somehow, a part of me regrets acknowledging Betty as a friend. Yeah, yeah, bitchy, I know, but I have my reason for regretting that. C'mon, I wouldn't regret something like that without reason you know.

What's the reason you ask?

Well, she's been acting a lot weirder than before. Like 10x weirder than before. I was a total bitch to her right? Avoiding, ignoring, I was doing that to her. But then she told me how she just wanted to become my friend, get to know me better with my permission and well, it got me thinking; Why not let her? No harm in doing that. Plus I'm curious on why she'd want to get to know me better since, well, for once Crazy Psycho was right when she grilled me about the Betty issue. I'm not a closed book; I'm apathetic and everyone can see it. Well, apparently not everyone. I mean, Betty obviously can't, but yeah, it's okay. I'm willing to be her Psychology project or whatever. Though she picked up the wrong subject since she won't find anything on me. Crazy Psycho is a lot more interesting than me, really. Anyway, where was I again? Oh, right. Betty's weirdness increases. Yeah, well, we're friends now right?  Right, but the thing is, right after we acknowledge each other as friends, she went all ninja on me. Yes, that's right, Haruna, which I think her name is, aka Betty, is now avoiding ME.

For what reasons?

Well  I do have an assumption as to why she's avoiding me and well...God I hope it isn't true cause that's just NO. Anyway, I noticed a few things weirder about her. First, she can't look me in the eye anymore. Like yeah, totally avoiding mine, looking at the floor or even everywhere but mine as she speaks to me, which by the way is the second thing I noticed; the way she speaks to me. Back then she can speak normal sentences to me. I can sense her nervousness but still, she can form a complete sentence. Now, she stutters worse than Porky Pig whenever I ask her something. A simple 'yes' would normally take a second to say, with her, it takes 3 seconds to say it. No, I'm not exaggerating on this. Third thing I noticed is that she panics when I'm near her. One time, me and Crazy Psycho decided to join her and Megaphonic Creepy at lunch. I sat at the empty seat next to her and when our elbows touched, she literally jumped at the contact, surprising all of us. Know what she did as I looked at her? The fourth thing I noticed about her; she instantly turns into a tomato the moment I look at her. That goes for when I catch her glancing at me, which is always. Anyway, the last thing I noticed about her is probably the weirdest of them all; her nightly prayer time seems to lengthen. No, I'm not exaggerating again. One night before I took a shower, she was already kneeling and praying. I left her and well it takes me at least 30 minutes to shower at night. So I was surprised when I walked out of the bathroom all fresh and I still see her kneeling down, praying. Looking at her like that, it makes me wonder if she killed someone or whatever. I mean, 30 minutes of praying? Really? What the hell is she confessing anyway? Anyway, all in all, she's tense around me and would rather keep her distance from me. Fucked up right? Oh God, yes it is and well...these are not good signs for me because...it looks like my new found friend is having non-friendly feelings towards me. And by non-friendly feelings, I mean the Miichan whacked up percentage type of feelings that she's been telling me about.

I think that's an enough reason for me to regret befriending her, don't you think? I mean, someone having a crush on me wouldn't be good.

Not for me, but for her.

"Onee-chan!" Maachan squealed as she ran towards me, leaving mom and dad behind. A breath escapes my lips from the impact as Maachan hugged me tight by my waist. Geez. Overly Attached Little Sister.

"Hey." I said, smiling awkwardly as I pat her head. She looked up at me and gave me a beaming smile still keeping the tight hold on my wait.

"I missed you Onee-chan!"

"Yeah, I think I get that." I sighed, smiling slightly as I continue to pat her head. Crazy Psycho, who's beside me, began fanning herself with the Crackhouse University Family Day flyer, mumbling out, "Is it just me or did it suddenly felt hot in here?" as she looks at the sky. She then turned to Maachan.

"Oh right. It's probably because the daughter of Satan is only a few feet away from me destroying the Ozone layer that's why it feels hotter than before." She said, narrowing her eyes dangerously at Maachan who glared at her. I could only narrow my eyes at the ridiculousness of them giving each other death glares. And what the hell does Satan's daughter have anything to do with the wreckage of the Ozone Layer? Anyway, the only time did their glaring death match stopped was when Maachan stomped on Miichan's feet, hard. Crazy Psycho let out a groan of pain, jumping with one foot. Maachan immediately hid behind me as Miichan turned to her, fuming.

"Get back here and fight like a man!" Crazy Psycho growled while Overly Attached Little Sister just stuck out her tongue. Childish senseless war. Go figure.

"Miichan~! Mari-chan~!" I cringe at my father's nickname to me. Slowly turning, I found him smiling, waving his hand as he and mom approaches us.

"I missed you so much. How's my little angel?" He asked as he hugged me, his hands wrapped tightly around my waist. I could only scowl at the nickname as I'm being hugged. Apparently my dad has a thing for nicknames. Not just any nicknames though. No, his nicknames are often coated with sugary sweetness that is just...cringe worthy. Hmm. Thinking about it, my parents does have this cringe worthy moments in them huh. Hopefully that's not hereditary. I mean, I don't think I'm infested with the cringe-worthy-disease so...yeah. It must be something else.

After my dad hugged me, then came my mom, mumbling out how she too missed me. Seriously, I'm too old for the hug fest. I glanced at my dad and found him sharing a high five with Crazy Psycho. Why can't I have that instead?

"So? How's College life treating you, my Cherub?" My dad asked as he wrapped his arms around my shoulder, pulling me to him. My dad is a bit taller than me so he can easily do that. I just narrowed my eyes as he continues.

"I heard from your mom how you found yourself a nice lady. Way to go, Super Stud!" He said as he lightly punched my arm. Yes, like my mom, my dad is pretty delusional as well with me being gay, which I'm not mind you. But, unlike my mom, I have a feeling my dad really knows that I'm not gay. I don't know, it just feels like he's just joining in because he wants to turn me gay or something. I think he's the kind of father that doesn't want boys around his daughters. Well it's either that or he's yearning for a son since all of us are girls. Yeah, it could be that too since he did call me Super Stud. It feels like that's a username rather than a nickname though.

"Where is Princess Onee-chan?" Maachan asks as she tugs on my shirt. I could only sigh as the Shinoda's look at me with eagerness as they wait for my answer. Geeez, do they love Betty that much?

"I don't know. She's probably at the Athletic field now for the opening ceremonies or something." I shrugged. I really don't know where Betty is really. She always wakes up earlier than a normal person so it really isn't surprising to find myself alone when I woke up this morning.

"Great! I'd like to meet her. Let's go then." My dad said as he wrapped his arm around Miichan as well who beamed a smile at my dad. We walked like that towards the open grounds. My dad in between me and Miichan while my mom holds Maachan's hand as they walk behind us. What a happy family we look like. Ugh. The Athletic field of Crackhouse University was packed with students with their family. We looked around for seats and it was then I realized something.

"Crap, I think I forgot my phone and my wallet back at the dorm." I mumbled as I pat my pockets, looking for the said items.

"I can lend you some money." Crazy Psycho offered with a shrug. Money isn't really what concerns me here. It was the thought that my phone and my wallet might not be in the dorm like I said. It's best to check if I really left in the dorms. With that thought, I ignored Crazy Psycho's offer and told my loving family that I'm just going to the dorms for a bit to get those items. I ordered Miichan to take care of them for me which she happily replied with a salute. Crazy Psycho, go figure. I just rolled my eyes at that and began making my way towards the dorms. I saw Midget Professor talking to a couple of people on the way, looking a bit awkward as she scratches the back of her head. They're probably thinking she's a high schooler and suddenly got lost inside the University. It could happen, you know. She doesn't really look like her age. I also passed by Megaphonic Creepy on the way too with her family. She just waved back at me and gave me a beaming smile as they head towards the field. I offered her a hesitant nod and a tight smile, which made her chuckle. She's probably laughing at how awkward I looked. Hey, it is pretty awkward you know. I'm not used to the whole friendliness thing so...yeah...awkward. But I think finding Betty inside our dorm room with an old guy who was wearing a gray suit, a hat and has a cane that supports his probably bad foot tops that of Creepy's awkward friendly moment. I blinked back my surprise as I stared at them by the door. Betty looked surprised upon seeing me, but the old man...nope. He just looks at me sternly making feel a bit uncomfortable under his gaze.

"Sh-Shinoda-san." Betty let out, blinking a couple of times underneath her glasses. I hesitantly stepped inside the room, scratching the back of my neck.

"Uh, sorry. Did I...interrupt something?" It feels like I should've knocked but...it's my dorm room too you know. Why would I knock at my own dorm room?

"Um, n-no y-you didn't." Betty said as she took a step towards me. She glanced at the old man -who still had that look that's making me nervous- then she turned back at me. I can see that I'm not the only one who's feeling a bit nervous here since I could definitely see in her eyes how nervous she is. Both of us almost jumped when the old man cleared his throat and turned his stern gaze at Betty.

"Are you not going to introduce us?" He asked with his raspy voice. Betty looked alarmed at that and began glancing at me then back at the old man. Geeez, Betty. Get a grip. You're losing it more than usual.

"O-oh. Um...Grandfather, this is Shinoda Mariko, my roommate. Shinoda-san, this is my grandfather, Kojima Hisashi." Betty said, smiling awkwardly at the two of us. Grandfather eh? Makes sense.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, sir." I said, offering Betty's grandfather a bow of respect. I honestly didn't know if he bowed back since the moment I stood up straight again, he's still giving me a stern gaze. Meh, who cares. His back is a little hunched because of old age so it's okay if he doesn't bow back. I glanced at Betty and found her giving a small smile at me, probably thankful at how polite I am right now. That's rather insulting. Hey, I can do polite too you know!

"Right." Her grandfather said. I turned back to him and well, despite my efforts at being polite, he didn't look happy at all, not one bit. I gulped down my nervousness as his stern gaze began to move down, looking at me from head to toe. My eyebrow twitched when his gaze suddenly rests at my eyes, his unimpressionable eyes bores my nervous ones. He gazed at me for awhile until he looked back at Betty, saying, "Shall we get to the opening ceremony then?"

I wanted to frown at that but decided not to, keeping my face stoic as possible. I clenched my jaw tight as I gaze at him. It just felt...rude you know. He just sized me up then acted like I'm invisible or something. The hell is that right? But then again, I had encounter rude guys like him so...meh. What else is new?

"Okay. I just...uhm...c-can I please have a few seconds alone with Shinoda-san? I-I'd like to say something to her first." Betty said calmly as she turns to her Grandfather who let out a sigh, nodding his head.

"If you must."

Betty nodded her head at that. Her Grandfather then passed by me without a single glance, heading towards the door; the sound of his cane hitting the wooden floor echoing inside the room. Once he was outside and the door was closed, I finally frowned as I stare at the floor.

"I'm...s-sorry about that. He can be a bit-"

"Rude?" I finished for her as I glanced at her. She gave me an apologetic smile which made me sigh as I sat down at my bed.

"You don't have to apologize for him. Just...whatever." I said as I waved my hand nonchalantly, my eyes to the side, looking at the window.

"Still, I'm sorry." She said softly. I turned to her and found her looking remorseful as she gazed at the floor. Looking at her like this, I realized that I'm conversing normally to Betty again. The corner of lips tugged up slightly as I replied reassuringly, "It's okay, really," to her. Slowly, her eyes made its way to mine and for a couple of seconds, she stared back at me, holding my gaze to hers. Yeah, we stared at each other for a few seconds, until she realized that she is staring at ME. Only then did her eyes widen with realization and she quickly looked away, blushing. I narrowed my eyes at that and pursed my lips tight imagining Crazy Psycho saying, '65' inside my head. Crazy Psycho would be so proud of me since I'm doing the counting myself.

"I-I-I...um...sh-should probably go now." She stuttered, her eyes towards the door. See? 'I' is just one letter and it took her three tries to say it. Seriously, how fucked up is that right?

I sighed. "Yeah, you should. Don't want Grandpa to go ballistic now, you know."

She smiled at that, glancing at me, still blushing. With a nod and saying that she'll see me later without looking at me, she walked out of the room, leaving me alone to flop at my bed, sighing.

"Ballistic Grandpa huh. Nope, we can't have that."

"Onee-chan!" Maachan waved at me as I made my way towards them. My overly attached sibling stood up from her seat and patted it, obviously telling me to sit there so she could sit on my lap. Seriously overly attached sister.

"What took you so long?" Crazy Psycho asked as I sat next to her while Maachan sits on my lap. I wrapped my arms around my little sister's waist as I rolled my eyes at Crazy Psycho.

"Oh, I'm sorry, MOM." I replied. My real mom, who heard what I said, leaned forward from where she's sitting to look at me, a frown across her face.

"What baby? Why are you sorry for? Oh, and what took you so long?" She asks. I could only face palm myself as Crazy Psycho began laughing. Great. I'm surrounded by crazies today. And yes, I do consider my family as crazies too. I mean, how could I not?

"...we have a surprise special speaker today that is well known in the business world here in Japan. He is considered as one of the richest man in Japan." Upon hearing that, we turned our attention to the speaker up the stage. It couldn't possibly be...?

"Please give a round of applause to the owner of the Maruyama Group Inc., Maruyama Akihiro!" The speaker lamely said. That guy seriously sounded like he's in a circus or something. Lame ass introduction. Totally lame. But that's the least of our problem, isn't it? I let out a sigh while I shook my head, the crowd giving the familiar middle aged man wearing a business suit an applause. I glance at Miichan as the rich dad began to give his speech confidently.

"You okay?"

"Sometimes I just wish that they'd just...give me a heads up you know, that they're coming." Crazy Psycho let out a sigh as she stares blankly at the speaker, her dad. Yes, that's right, one of the richest man in Japan is apparently Crazy Psycho's father. That mall we went a couple of weeks ago? The Maruyama Group Inc. owns that. Hell they own half of the malls here in Tokyo. Not to mention they have other establishments all around Japan. Yup, Crazy Psycho here, is stinking filthy rich.

Why is she Minegishi Minami and not Maruyama Minami?

It's because the real princess here wanted to live a normal life, thus taking her diseased mom's maiden name and began her 'normal' living away from their luxurious house to live alone in a still luxurious apartment. Trust me, her apartment is still pretty luxurious. I've been there a couple of times and it's as big as our house. So much for 'normal' huh. But despite it being a lavish apartment, for her, it didn't feel as homey as our house is, that's why she spends most of her time at our house. And by most I mean ALWAYS. Hell she might as well sell her apartment and live at our house what with her going there all the time.

Do my parents know about Crazy Psycho's real identity?

Yeah, they know. They're pretty cool about it and didn't treat Miichan differently which Crazy Psycho was tearfully thankful for. I think that was the beginning of her budding crush towards my mom. Ugh. Anyway, only a few people know about this secret of hers as she really didn't like the kind of attention coming from other people if they knew about her. Plus, she really is adamant in living a normal life, for now. Her father didn't like this decision of hers since she is most likely to inherit their business being the oldest child and all, but...like I said, Crazy Psycho is pretty adamant about it and when she's like that, there's no stopping her. No one can stop a Crazy Psycho. Well that and she kinda promised her rich dad that she'd go back to their castle and play princess again after college so...yeah. This is the real Minegishi Minami; My Crazy, Psycho, stinking and filthy rich bestfriend.

Was it shocking for me?

I really can't remember if I was shocked when I found out about it. Like I said in the beginning; I really have no idea when and how I befriended her. No recollection at all. Thinking back, I'd probably just shrugged at her when she told me about it. Yeah, I most probably did, given how I am. I don't really care if she's rich or not. I do care if she's crazy or not though, obviously.

See? Told you her life is a lot more interesting than mine. 

"I don't think your dad is the type to give 'a heads up.'" I sighed as I looked at rich dad. It was then I noticed someone by the corner of the stage, watching. A familiar blue streak haired guy wearing a suit.

"Oh joy, the little suck-up is here as well." I said in my monotonous voice as I narrowed my eyes. Figures that guy would be here as well. Wherever rich dad is, the suck-up-fatheaded-egotistical son would follow. Psh. I call him Suck-up by the way.

"Kuu? What else is new right?" Miichan said with a shrug. These two siblings obviously don't like each other. I can't blame Miichan since the guy is a serious suck-up. Plus he keeps on belittling Crazy Psycho here telling her that she's not qualified to inherit their business...which is right since it is Crazy Psycho and all but...I don't really like the guy so despite obliterating their family business, Miichan's got my vote as future CEO.

"Kuu-kun is nice to me." Maachan pointed out as she turned to me. Miichan leaned towards her and whispered, "That's because Kuu-kun over there, wants to get into your sister's pants."

Despite the truth there, I can't help but narrow my eyes.

"He...likes Onee-chan?" Maachan tilted her head slightly while the Crazy Psycho gave her a nod.

"Uhuh. He likes her so much he wants to rip your sister's pants off and ra-"

"Okay, that's enough! She's only 9 years old for pete's sake!" I growled as I covered Maachan's ears. I glared at Miichan who leaned away, shrugging.

"She's going to learn sex ed anyway in the future. How'd you know she's not watching porn in her computer or Ipad?"

"She's not like you."

"Touché." She grumbled as she looked back at her father who looked like was ending his speech. She let out a sigh as she watch her dad made way down the stage, joining his little brother. Sadness creeps in across her face as she watches the father and son smiled at each other while talking.

"You know, sometimes, I really wish that Kuu is the oldest." She sighs then glanced at me as she continues.

"That way, in the future, I wouldn't be the one to set our family into bankruptcy." She grinned.

"Ditto." I nodded. Their family is doomed with both of them in charge and Crazy Psycho here is going to be a bum for life. Oh right, a GREAT bum for life. Can't forget those bold and capital letters there.

"And over there is the Science and Art Museum." The student tour guide said as she motioned at the said building. After the whole opening ceremonies, my parents decided to join the touring of the campus rather than watch some cracked up event at the Athletic field. I don't really feel like watching too, so I decided to just join the campus tour. Plus I hadn't really join the campus tour back then when I first arrived here at Crackhouse University so...yeah...go campus tour. I'm all deadpan right there just so you know.

"There you are! I've been looking all over for you guys." Snorlax said as she jogged up to us. I noticed her lack of family bonding that I asked, "Where's the fam?"

"Oh, they couldn't make it. Too busy to leave the restaurant." She shrugged as she walked beside Crazy Psycho. I frowned at what she said.

"You have a family restaurant?"

She raised her eyebrow, saying, "Yes, I told you that didn't I?"

Okay so, it's either she didn't tell me that or I just wasn't listening since I'm really not that interested...so...hmmm. I'm guessing on the latter. Might as well lie on it though.

"Oh. Right. I guess I forgot." I shrugged nonchalantly. Crazy Psycho narrowed her eyes at me, a tight smile across her lips as she obviously know what I meant. I rolled my eyes at that and looked away. As far as I know, Betty is the only new acknowledged friend for me so...yeah. I'm still not feeling Snorlax and Megaphonic Creepy as friends yet. Keyword: Yet. Who knows, maybe in the future I'd get to be whacked up as these guys and we'd all be friends, being happy on crack every damn day. Messed up I know, but really, who knows right?

"Onee-chan, I still can't see Princess Onee-chan." Maachan pouted as she walks towards us, leaving my parents up ahead with the crowd. Maachan really has taken a liking to Betty huh? I wonder what the hell did my little sister see in her.

"She probably realized how Satanic you are and is now hell bent on avoiding you." Crazy Psycho said flatly. Maachen looked miffed at that and walked towards her, looking like she'd do something again. Thankfully, I grabbed her before she gets the chance to make Crazy Psycho bleed. I'm really getting tired of the whole childish senseless war, really.

"Maachan, calm down." I said as I hold her. She began to struggle, trying to kick Crazy Psycho as the latter taunts her by sticking out her tongue. Maachan looks fuming mad now, her face a bit red as she glares at the taunting Crazy Psycho who is now doing a retarded dance just to spite her. Seriously not helping. Snorlax isn't helping either as she's just standing there watching Miichan, amused. Seriously seriously not helping.

"She was the one who told mom about you being gay!" Maachan suddenly blurted out, pointing at Miichan who immediately stopped dancing, stunned. Somehow I was a bit thankful that we were a bit far from the ongoing tour or everyone might've heard what my sister just blurted out. But...that's the least of my problems, isn't it?

I narrowed my eyes at Maachan as I asked, "What?"

"She told mom you're gay a few years ago. I heard it! I was there!" She confirmed.

"Busted." Snorlax smirked. I let out a sigh, released Maachan from my hold then turned fully towards Miichan who looked scared. Yeah, you should be.

"You've got some explaining to do." I said calmly as I crossed my arms to my chest.

"Uh...I...I was mad at you at that time and well...I may have told your mom about you being a bit...gay..." She said nervously, hiding behind Snorlax who seems to be enjoying the show.

"She said that if you deny that you're gay, mom shouldn't believe you because you're still confused and it's hard for you to admit it to anyone since you don't consider it normal." Maachan continued. I narrowed my eyes dangerously at Miichan who glared at my little sister yelling, "Tattletale!"

"Bitch!" My sister retorted back. I just rolled my eyes and began massaging my temples at the exchange. Really now.

"Maachan, language please. You're too young to say 'bitch' or any other curse words. Try again after a few years, okay?" I sighed at my little sister who pouted, looking at the ground. I then turned to Crazy Psycho who was still glaring at my sister.

"And you." I point at Crazy Psycho who turned to look at me, frowning. "You need to upgrade your vocabulary. Like seriously, 'tattletale?' What are you, 6?"

"I was trying to be considerate of your little sister. She is only 9 and all." She said giving me a look of annoyance. I rolled my eyes at her excuse. Yeah right, you Crazy Psycho.

"Hey, look! It's Princess Onee-chan!" Maachan pointed behind us, excitement evident in her voice. The three of us turned to where Maachan is pointing and saw Betty heading our way, alone. I let out a sigh of relief at that. No Grandpa, no awkwardness. Maachan quickly ran towards Betty giving her a hug. Betty looked surprised for a moment then smiled warmly at my sister, caressing her head.

"Looks like your little sister has given Haruna her blessing. Nice. When's the wedding?" Snorlax asked as she nudged on my elbow, wiggling her eyebrows.

"In the next millennium. Oh and you're not invited. Amazons are strictly forbidden. Your pet dumbo or king kong might disrupt the ceremony." I deadpan. She rolled her eyes at that.

"I don't get the Amazon jokes. I mean, Sayaka doesn't look like a website, really." Crazy Psycho said with a shrug. Snorlax and I were quiet for awhile until she turned to me, scratching the back of her neck.

"You know, I haven't thought of that."

"No one would've. Apparently, we have a genius on our side." I sighed as I shake my head. Seriously Crazy Psycho. The Maruyama Group Inc. is definitely ruined to bankruptcy with this Psycho in charge. God help all those malls.

"Um...h-hi guys." Betty said as she waves at us, walking together towards us with Maachan who's holding her hand, smiling brightly. Snorlax and Crazy Psycho greeted her with a smile while I just acknowledged her with a stoic nod. Once near, Maachan grabbed my hand and began tugging Betty and me to walk, heading to where the campus tour is. The three of us walked like that, with Snorlax on my side and Crazy Psycho on Betty's side. I glanced at Betty and found her talking to Miichan. Looking at her, it makes me wonder if she knows about Crazy Psycho. I mean, it seems that Miichan really trusts her and all. She must've felt me staring as she glanced at me for a second then quickly looked at the ground, blushing.

"Plus one." Snorlax suddenly said to me, giving me a knowing smile. I'm thinking it's the percentage crap she's referring to. Plus one eh? That makes 66. Huh. Only 34 more. Should I be worried? That train of thought suddenly disappeared when my little sister released her hold on our hands, ran ahead then turned to us, saying, "I'll go on ahead and tell Papa I found Princess Onee-chan."

Without waiting for a reply, she ran to where the campus tour is. Frowning, I yelled to her, "Be careful!" which she replied with a wave. Tch. Such a kid. And ugh, Dad is going to meet Betty. Oh joy.

"So uh, where's your Grandfather?" I asked Betty as I turned to look at her as we continue walking. My gaze obviously makes her nervous but still she replied, "H-He decided to leave just awhile ago. He's in T-Tokyo to visit his sick friend and just decided to visit me on the way," with her eyes still downcast.

"Oh, so are your parents coming later on then?" I asked, curious. Crazy Psycho leaned forward to give me a threatening look and Snorlax suddenly punched my arm. I turned to her, looking at her incredulously despite the shocked look she's giving me. What??? And that hurts damn it!

"M-my parents died in a plane crash while I was young." Betty said softly. I turned to her, my eyes widening slightly. She gave a sad smile as she looks at the ground saying, "My Grandfather was the one who took care of me since then."

Shit. Now I feel bad for asking despite my arm aching. I'm thinking that's going to leave a bruise, but I think I deserved that, really.

"Oh...uh...Sorry if I brought it up," was my lame ass apology as I scratched my cheek, glancing at her. She shook her head and turned to me, wearing a soft smile.

"It's okay, you didn't know." She reassured me. Despite the death glares that I was receiving from Crazy Psycho and Snorlax, I stared at Betty, ignoring the others, knowing that she's right.

I don't know anything about her.

After that whole touring, we had our family lunch together with Snorlax, Crazy Psycho and Goody-Goody Betty. Yeah, I was surrounded by crazies during lunch. My dad and mom were gushing non-stop on Betty, trying to get to know her and stuff. I wasn't really paying attention to their delusions. They completely lost me as soon as my dad opened his arms and welcomed Snorlax and of course, Betty to our loving family. Ugh. Seriously crazies everywhere. Anyway, the family day was cut short after we ate our lunch. Apparently my family was also planning to visit 'someone.' Thankfully Miichan wasn't there when they told me that since she'd probably beg me to visit that 'someone' as well. And well...no, I'm still not ready to visit her. Hell, I'm not even ready to hear or say her name yet. I just...too much disappointment right there. I'd rather not think about it. They looked sadden at that but completely understood me. With a bunch of family hugs, kisses and a bit of crying from Overly attached sister, they finally drove off, leaving me with Snorlax and Betty to stare at our family car with Maachan waving sadly at us. Somehow I'm glad they didn't ask who it is that my family is going to visit because I know they heard it despite them being a couple of feet away from us. I turned to them, smiling slightly, silently thanking them. They smiled back, completely understanding my silent thanks. Well, at least Snorlax was smiling back at me. Betty was just looking at the ground again, blushing. I narrowed my eyes at that. Seriously, Betty really needs to stop with the whole crushing thing. Anyway, that aside, we decided to head back to our dorms for the time being as Snorlax began pondering on what we should do next. Halfway through the dorms, I suddenly stopped when I saw a familiar looking guy heading our way, carrying a beaming Crazy Psycho on his back who looked like a...uh...crazy psycho enjoying the ride. 

Oh God. First my parents and now...this guy?! That's it, God officially hates me.

"Hey! Mariko!" He waved, beaming at me as they walked.

"Know him?" Snorlax asked beside me. I let out a sigh as I massaged my temples.

"If I said no, would he disappear?"

"I'm thinking, no."

Figures. I glanced at Betty and found her staring at the two, confusion across her face. Or maybe that's shock since it is pretty rare to see Crazy Psycho playing horsy with a guy inside the campus. Hmmm. Yes, it could be that.

"Told ya I'd come and visit. Missed me?" He asked with a teasing smile as he stood tall in front of me, carrying a ecstatic Miichan behind his back, waving her hand at us. This guy in front of me? I call him the Smiling-Flirty-Pretty Boy-Buffoon or Smiles. Not a bad nickname right? Yeah well, I can't really think of anything negative about him besides being a bit similar to Crazy Psycho. Yes, only a bit since he does have his crazy psycho moments but it wasn't that worse like the moments of the original and reigning queen, Crazy Psycho. I decided not to call him Clone of Crazy Psycho and went with Smiles since...he always smiles. Like a buffoon smiling, showing his perfect white teeth and his gentle twinkling eyes that is said to make every girl swoon in cringe worthy delight. Back in middle school and high school, he's the popular guy that every girl wants. The typical jock you see in the movies. Handsome, tall, blah blah and all that crap that makes foolish girl swoon and barf rainbows. Yeah, he's got it all. The perfect being and is now the lead vocalist of a new debuted band that I forgot the name of. I think it was sort of a sound effect type of name. Meh? Bleh? Can't remember but is was kinda like that.

Oh, his real name?

Saito Kazuhiko.

"You look...a bit buffed or is that all air?" I raised my eyebrow as I crossed my arms to my chest. He let out a chuckle, flexing his arms.

"You noticed huh. I've been working out. You like?"

"Hey, you should all jump in! I'm sure he can handle it now." Miichan suggested, wiggling her eyebrows. Smiles, turned his head to look at her, offering an awkward smile at his twin.

"No I can't. I'm not THAT buff." He then turned back to me saying, "Even though I can see Mariko here lost what's left of her meat again, no...I don't think I can carry all four of you."

"Cute. Real cute." I deadpan.

"Thanks." He smiled, giving me a wink that has an invisible flying heart on it. Ugh. Smiling-Flirty-Pretty Boy-Buffoon. Go figure. He slowly crouched down to let Crazy Psycho down then turned to look at me and my other two companions, looking like I should introduce them or whatever. Luckily for me Crazy Psycho decided to do the introduction as she gave me a knowing look. Yeah so, I don't know Snorlax's real name so...she's better off introducing them than me.

"Guys this is Saito Kazuhiko, a good friend of ours. Kazu, this is Akimoto Sayaka and Kojima Haruna, our college friends." Miichan said, smiling. The three bowed at each other, smiling. Well, Smiles and Snorlax seems to be giving genuine smiles but Betty? It looks like she's forcing herself to smile at the Buffoon.

How'd I know?

Because obviously, her smile doesn't reach her eyes.

"Wow, so you're a lead vocalist of a band, Saito-san?" Snorlax asked, eyes widening in shock. Smiles gave her an awkward smile as he scratch the back of his messy brown hair.

"Yeah. We just debuted a few months ago."

"What was the name of your band?"

"A-C-K with an exclamation point. ACK!" Smiles grinned. Snorlax looks impressed at the icky name. Told you it was like a sound effect or something.

"How creative." I mumbled as I took a sip of my coffee. The five of us are at a cafe relieving past and present memories. Oh joy.

"That's so cool! I've never met anyone that's a member of a band." Snorlax gushed like a soon to be swooning girl getting ready to barf rainbows at the table. Seriously Snorlax, get a hold of yourself. You're losing major points.

"Ever met a supposed member of a band? Cause these two were supposed to be members as well." Smiles pointed at me and Miichan. Snorlax widen her eyes at us, surprised. Even Betty, who was, as always quiet with her head downcast, turned to look at us as well.

"You two were?!"

I narrowed my eyes at that. She sounds like Megaphonic Creepy's soul fused with hers. Seriously losing major points here.

"Yup, Mariko over there is one kick ass guitarist while Miichan is one killer drummer." He said, beaming with pride as he looked at us. Miichan gave a sad smile, looking at the table as Smiles continues.

"They were supposed to be with me in the band, but for unknown reasons, they backed out." Smiles explained as he shrugged, disappointment evident in his voice. Seeing that brought me back to the time when I explained to him why I wanted out. And well, despite how he told me he understands, at that time, I don't think he believed me. He still doesn't, obviously. I did give him a lame ass excuse so...that's to be expected. I honestly don't care if he doesn't believe me. All I care about is him respecting my decision. And he did, which I'm forever grateful for.

"I don't like being in the spotlight." I said as I glanced at the muscled Buffoon beside me, the corner of my lips twitching as I try not to smile as I gave out my lame ass excuse from back then.

"You weren't saying that when we played a gig back in high school." He replied, looking at me as he placed his chin in his hand.

"That was just one gig. Plus, people change."

"So you say, yet...nah, still don't get it." He shook his head, his eyes has that familiar twinkle in them and I knew instantly that he was enjoying this. I narrowed my eyes at him, keeping my face stoic.

"I hate you." I deadpan.

"I hate you too." He grinned. We stared at each other for awhile. My narrowed eyes versus his smiling ones. God, this is so like high school. I can feel the nostalgia as I continue to stare at his handsome features. I did miss him...but...only a bit though.

"I don't know why but I'm sensing a different kind of tension from the two of you." Snorlax said as she raised her eyebrow. Crazy Psycho slammed her drink hard at the table surprising us as she pointed at Smiles and me.

"See what I have to put up back then? They're always like that! Flirting in front of me!"

I glared at her. "That's not flirting. I just told him how I hate him."

"You told him how you hate him with sugary laced words!" She retorted back.

"Guys, please, don't fight. You two can both have me." He grinned. I punched him on his arms while Miichan threw a piece of crumpled tissue at him as we simultaneously said, "Shut up!" with a glare. He laughed at that and wrapped his muscled arms over me, pulling me slightly to him.

"God, I miss you guys."

"Arms." I glared at his hand holding my shoulder.

"What? This is purely a friendly embrace." He reasoned with a shrug. I sighed and shook my head. It was then, at that moment, did I notice the person quietly sitting beside Miichan, looking at the table, wearing a small frown. Hmm?

"With you still being in love with her, I don't think anything you do could be interpreted as friendly." Crazy Psycho shrugged nonchalantly. I felt the person beside me stiffened at what Crazy Psycho said. I turned to Miichan, glaring.

"Miichan!"

She shrugged. "It's true."

"And the plot thickens." Snorlax said as she nodded her head, looking at the two of us. Slowly, Smiles retracted his arms from me as he let out a nervous laugh.

"Well...she is right though." He admitted, glancing at me with a small smile. I stared at him for awhile, my eyebrows creased slightly as he looks at me expectantly. I already told him my answer...so why is he...? Only when the table shook as someone stood up did I averted my gaze at him. We all turned to Betty who, in my eyes, looked...upset, her eyes still downcast. We waited until she speaks, her voice cracking softly.

"I'm sorry but...I have to go. I just...remembered that I have to do something. So..." She trailed, sounding unsure. Slowly, her eyes made its way to mine, holding my confused gaze. I stared at her empty eyes for a second until she turned to Smiles, forcing the corner of her lips to arch up.

"I'm sorry and it was...nice meeting you, Saito-san. I'll see you guys later." She bowed at Smiles then smiled at Miichan and Snorlax. And to me? Nothing. Not even a glance or a smile. She just turned her back on me as she walks towards the exit of the cafe. Once she walked out, my eyes slowly made it's way to the table, frowning.

"Damn it. I forgot Haruna-chan was here! Stupid! Stupid!" Crazy Psycho groaned, beating herself up as she began to pound her head on the table.

"She doesn't like me very much, does she?" Smiles asked.

"Nah, it's not you." Snorlax sighed. Slowly I looked at her and found her offering me a sympathetic smile, softly saying, "She just likes someone else."

I let out a sigh as I stood alone in front of my dorm room. Snorlax and Crazy are still out with Smiles for ice cream as Crazy Psycho was still feeling a bit bummed about the whole Betty fiasco. Yeah, she was beating herself up so much that I wouldn't be surprised if she has a few bruises tomorrow. I...sort of know how she feels, honestly. Frowning, I looked at the floor and noticed the lack of light underneath the closed door. Looks like Betty's not here yet.

Should I...be worried...?

"Just stop thinking." I mumbled to myself as I held the doorknob tight. With another sigh, I opened the door and stepped inside. I turned on the lights, closed the door and made my way towards my bed. I almost let out a scream as I found Betty sitting on her bed, her face covered with her hair as she looks at the floor.

"Godahhhhmmm. You scared the shit out of me!" I cried out as I placed a hand on my chest, feeling my heart pounding hard. She slowly turned to look at me for a second then looked away softly saying, "Sorry."

I frowned at her as she looked out the window. Was she sitting there through the dark? Seriously, this seems to be getting too far now. I walked towards her, stopping when I was a few feet from her. Her gaze out the window didn't falter. Even when I asked, "Are you okay?" it still didn't waver. She did let out a sigh though and well...I don't talk sighs. So I don't really know if that is a sigh of yes or a sigh of no. Maybe I should leave her be for awhile cause she's giving me the wiggins now. Turning, I was about to walk towards the bathroom when a hand on my wrist halted my movements. I turned to look at the hand on my wrist, frowning. The hell?

"I..." Betty started softly, her hand on my wrist tightened. With a frown, I looked down at her, finding her eyes looking up at me, determination and fear were evident in them. I waited for her to continue as she struggles, trying to find the words. Will she...say it?

"I...p-please say my name." She said, her voice cracking from nervousness. I blinked back my surprise and slowly, my eyebrow arched up as I asked, "What?" feeling confused.

"I want to hear you say my name again." Was her odd yet firm request. She tightened her hold on my wrist again and I knew she could feel my pulse from beneath her soft hand what with how tight she's holding it. I stared at her for awhile, noticing the blush that forms across her cheeks. But despite that, she didn't look away. She nervously held my gaze as she pleaded softly, "Please say it."

Looking down at her, she looks like she's in pain. Like the only thing to dull the pain she feels was for me...to say her name. As odd as that sounds, I swallowed the knot in my throat and gave in to what she wants.

"Haruna." I whispered softly. Her eyes widen and her lips parted slightly as she stares at me. It was similar to when I first said her name a couple of days ago, but her eyes weren't glistening with tears at that time. I mean, I think I see tears slowly forming in her eyes right now, but I wasn't entirely sure as she quickly looked at the floor, hiding her eyes from me. Her shoulder slumped as she released her hold on my wrist, the confidence she had earlier quickly deflated. I frowned as I watch that same hand that was holding my wrist, made its way to her chest.

"It didn't disappear." She whispered so softly that I almost didn't catch it. But I did, so I asked, "What didn't disappear?" I waited for awhile until she shook her head slightly, keeping her stare at the floor as she sighed out,

"Nothing."

TBC

Next up: One word: Altruism.  :lol: Yeah, let's make the gang do forced volunteer work for Betty and her friend from SKE48.  :lol: I think she's perfect match for being Betty's friend, really. Surprised at Miichan being rich? I actually pointed that out in the past chap. :lol: Just one more chapter before the boiling point!  :) Oh and yeah, I make weekly updates so...see you guys next week!  :) Thanks for reading!  :bow:

« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 10:16:15 AM by FoF »

Offline masokun

• Mariko | Airin | Nana |-oshi
  • Member+
  • reborn creature via ctrl+alt+del
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2012, 05:10:05 PM »
MariHaru is separated by the team..
But even the graduated member still hang out with Mariko..so I believe, there will be not much changing.  :D

I enjoy how the plot  going..
Can't stop myself for pitying jealousy Haruna..

You torturing me with the last paragraph.. I demand more for that  :banghead:

Okay, Altruism sounds promising..

Wish you don't have to take so much time to hit the keyboard and go updating like this  :twothumbs

Offline anonymousdowner

• Journey ∞
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Atsumina ♥ Wmatsui ♥ MariHaru( *`ω’)人(бвб)
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2012, 01:17:42 AM »
Again, OMMMMGGAAAWDDD!!!!! <3 <3 <3

I laughed like hell during this chapter, it was sooo damn entertaining 'XD

I'm about to read it again starting from chapter 1, because seriously? Nothing I've ever read in the past has made me feel this way.  :farofflook:

Can you hear me barfing rainbows over this?! lol, seriously.

I always had a feeling Haruna's parents weren't around anymore...But, wow Mariko is starting to feel a lot too for the girl even if she is still in denial about it. I mean even if it's not said or anything...she was definitely subtracting points off Sayaka so most likely without her really paying attention she's unconsciously building up a percentage point for Haruna too...Hehe, perhaps Haruna senses this? 'X) Ahhhhh, the last scene with MariHaru had my heart rate pacing faster while just sitting here haha. I loved jealous  Nyaro and her whole emotional eyes glistening with tears thing while needing to hear Mariko-sama say her name...WHAT IS THE NOTHING??!!! I mean I'm sure I know...I just need to read it   :rofl:

Hmm..haha, thanks my wrist barely healed! I'd like to say though....I do not regret getting hurt for wanting to enjoy reading your update hehe. Oh, then with the akb48 shuffle while everyone was bummed out about all the other pairings being separated I was wondering why I was the only one who seemed sad when Haruna transferred to team b...away from team a's captain. I believe that they are really close friends though so I hope the MariHaru fandom will stay stable lol. Nice to know I wasn't alone on that... I almost thought about Shipping TakaHaru (Which I do like very much) with the beloved Acchan graduating and what not hahah random.

Anyway I don't know I'm sorry I don't ever plan to like spam you with a long@ss comment full of nonsense...it just happens! Well, at least you know I freaggin' appreciate your updates! I will set my alarm clock for next week LOL...Don't want to wake up till then. Thanks for the chapter,I was happy to see a faster update! Love Love Love  :bow: :bow: :bow:

P.S. (I edited just to add this) --->  :wigglypanda:

Offline RJay

• AtsuMina & MariHaru FOR LIFE!!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Don't give up! Keep moving forward!
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2012, 01:26:20 AM »
That was a quick update. Awesome! XD

I honestly thought that Kuu was Miichan's 'twin', but I never would have thought that Saito Kazuhiko would be her 'twin'; I didn't know who he was until I saw a picture of him, I think I've heard of him from my friend before(he looked like a girl by the way). So it seems that my guess was wrong.

Oooh Haruna is getting jealous now. Interesting.

Hmm. I got really confuse at the end. What didn't disappear? Her feelings for Mariko?

Well I'm waiting for the next update next week. Love the update! XD
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:41:38 AM by RJay »
I'll say "I love you" to the person I love
Even if these feelings aren't returned, saying "I love you" to the person you love
That is the most beautiful thing in the world

Offline lovemariharu

• Member+
  • SNH48 Savoki赵嘉敏 推し
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2012, 02:05:15 AM »
woah.. Weekly updates? Seems to be promising! :D :D
Waiting then.. Haha..

OMG.. MariHaru moment.. >.<
Haruna is sad? She's nervous? Jealous? Or what? O: O:
Well, guess she's jealous.. But she looked like in a total mess O: O:
Imagining Haruna that way.. OMG OMG >.<

Please let Mariko be her medicine~ <3
would really love it.. O: O:

Haruna's parents died when she was young.. :( :(
Such a sad story of Haruna..

Everybody here is talking about Haruna being moved to Team B..
Well, I was in such a furious mode that time.. Really really.. :( :(
But.. as what masokun stated, guess it won't make big changes and I'm still MariHaru shipper <3
They're just too sweet together.. So sweet that I can't even tell any single thing now.. :) :)

Well, don't know whether you guys realized it or not, but.. in Acchan's graduation stage, Haruna stared at Mariko sadly while Mariko is giving her last message to Acchan before her graduation.. Her stare just made me feel like.. Like.. Like.. No idea how to tell.. :( :(
The stared at Marichan~ Marichan~ not Acchan or else.. :|
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 02:12:05 AM by lovemariharu »

Offline flameeyes

• MARIHARU 4EVER?..LOVE is POSIBLE even it is FORBID
  • Member+
  • LOVE ME and I WILL GIVE YOU EVERYTHING!!!!
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2012, 11:01:56 AM »
OH!!!!PLEASE DON'T KILL ME LIKE THAT

:fainted:

:on thumbb: PLEASE UPDATE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!

Okay that's all I can't Get Over With that TBC really!!!! LIKE REALLY!!!

ahahahah

:oops: I LOVE YOU STILL ONee-chan :wub: . . . ||Although I hate it you end like that :twisted: ||

ahahahhah

:deco: TAKE CARE ALWAYS AND KEEP UDATING [IMEDIATELY] YOUR :poof: WORK :thumbup :lol: :peace:

◄FLAMEEYES

Proud to be an E-book raeder

P.S

On this chapter . . . . to be honest cause I am so Honest person
Hell yeah!!! I can't wait and read it in here . . . which is not usual to me
cause every fanfic-----I read it in E-book so yeah! . . . that's all I want to shared!!!

Note:

So  I EDIT this okay!....don't report me to the admin okay......I'm just expressing my self ahahha
:mon pick: :mon pick: :mon pick:

« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 12:56:35 PM by flameeyes »

HUHUHUHUHU ヽ(╥﹏╥)ノ
PUTANG INA
ANG HIRAP MA IN-LOVE
(´∩`。) 。:゚

Offline Suicchin

• ひとりに しない で
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ( *`ω´)八(бвб)
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2012, 02:49:20 AM »
This is getting soooo good! MYYY GAWWWDDD
I just want them to release all that sexual tension pleaaaaseee

I CAN'T wait a week for the update! I have feelings here you know? TAT </3
*jumping on the chair*
♥ 恋がしたいのに、うまく恋ができない… そもそも、恋愛なんて私たちには贅沢なんだろうか?  ♥

The Fantastic world of the Wonka Couple FF Chapter 4 [Hiatus]
Who said you can win my heart so easily? Chapter 1 -part 2-[Hiatus]
One-shots / Drabbles / Etc

Offline Wmatsui22

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2012, 10:56:18 AM »
HELLO.

Your Chapter 8 is very interesting !

Please Update Soon!

I can't wait for your next chapter ! LOL!

I hope many scenes of MariHaru.

Thanks
hello.

I am a fan of AkB48.

I really love their songs.

I really like their fan fiction.

Offline immortal_K

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Welcome to Immortal's world.
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2012, 10:50:50 AM »
WARNING LONG ASS COMMENT COMING UP!

I'm finally caught up!!! Sorry for not appearing here sooner =p

Chapter 6:
ROFL I love the bar name...DAFUQ bwahahahahaha Kinda fits in very well with everything.
Good choice there much better then Booze clues. Co-worker with Snorlax...I mean Sayaka too =O
I guess Mariko just can't ever get away from the crazies

OMG the friendly hostage scene, *facepalms at Takamina* really.....

WOAH Little sister Maachan =O Kawaii but hmmmmm overly attached and HAHAHAHAHAA Miichan's
reaction is too funny, she's contaminated.
.... diarrhea...paper....is that even a proper excuse?

Oh Shopping time *enters prince and princess* YAY there is a bit of danso in the whole
craziness too. Sae does sound a bit creepy at times >^<
WOw fans already for Mariko-sama =) and the Miichan % theory is spreading and everyone is
catching on.

O.O Yuko know's Betty and suddenly appears to tackle her to the ground =O she's causing
trouble between the Betty+Sadist relationship. They were up to 35% at that point now they
might have to rebuild since the walls regenerated nuuuuuuuuuuuu

Chapter 7:
Nuuuu starts off with Mariko avoiding Betty now. Other then Mariko I think I really like
Miichan in the story she is just so funny all the time, ROFL the GREAT bum in the future =p
but for some reason Miichan suddenly sounded normal for a sec.. just a sec to lecture
Mariko. Nice comeback for Mariko thou, took her years to call Miichan by her name O.O

It's a bit freaky how Miichan can suddenly seem so normal to set Mariko straight but then
occasionally slip with some dumb comments then get right back into it keke.

WOOT Meal lady cameo ^.^, wow a line of counsellors, even the midget... I mean Takamina...
ROFL Mariko wrote a paper on all the crazies and handed it in. *a min of silence* So the
prof only went to talk to Mariko because her lover I mean fang girl is worried =O

HAHAHAH texting during a boring movie, I do that all the time too.... and during lectures and
meetings and when i'm bored which is like 80% of the time. WOW The Ring such a good classic horror
movie, loved it the very original watched it when I was a kid, Kekeke Fang planned it all
along to get betty and sadist in the same bed! okay maybe it was more for herself...
but but woot finally interaction soooo does it mean according to the Miichan theory it should
be up to at least 50% now right right?

Oh wait Miichan is awake through the whole thing and YAY 60%.

Chapter 8:
I just love how the stuff you add to this story is so random yet it fits in so well with each other.
At least Mariko isn't as dense as the Midget professor =O

HOLI KRAP! Miichan is richass with a richass dad... no wonder she can afford to be crazy and a bum, totally
unexpected. ROFL and Miichan is smart to know she will cause the company to go bankrupted.

Sayaka is pretty into pushing the BettyMari pairing, and you know I just realize I've been reading
this up to now and so use to seeing them as Snorlax, Creepy, Psycho, Betty, Fang and Midget I almost
forgot their really name for a sec.. just a sec. keke.

Woah there is a guy in the story with a name not including the dad's and grandpa's O.O, go away you are ruining
Betty's chances!!! Woah Mariko as a kick ass guitarist i can totally see that, and hmmm psycho drummer?

What is this! What didn't go away? Nuuuu why you stop there!!!! I should've disappeared and come back to
read when you have chap 9 out first!! Now I have to wait!!! But SKE!!!! So does that mean I get to read about
Rena? will there be others like Kumi and Non? What about Nishishi ... okay I'll just have to wait for the next
update I guess.

Thanks for the updates, I hope you update soon and I happen to be able to read it without delay
 :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

~Immo_K
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:55:41 AM by immortal_K »

Offline FoF

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [MariHaru] Basket Case - (Chapter 9: Cutting fruits is an altruistic deed!)
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2012, 07:46:40 AM »
First, I'm sorry for the frustration I have caused from the last chapter. Onion boy bows in forgiveness.  :kneelbow:
I honestly hadn't thought that it would be frustrating since when I'm writing this, I'm putting myself in Mariko's shoes.  :nervous  :nervous
Yeah, and I'm not really feeling anything when I read my work so... :nervous yeah... :nervous
Honestly, I'm a bit happy that you guys are feeling something when you read it  :nervous...but it doesn't change the fact that I am still sorry. :nervous
Again, I'm sorry. :kneelbow:
Second, I'm trying to update fast because I like writing this. :) But it does take me days to complete a chapter since english isn't my first language and my head is pretty messed up so... :nervous

Third! My replies to commenters:

@masokun: You are right! The MariHaru will stay strong.  XD I'm sorry for torturing you.  :nervous And yeah, I feel for Haruna in that chapter. Guess she couldn't take it. Though, it is kinda cute when I imagine her being all jealous.  :lol: But then she goes to sadness and...:( Honestly, I wish I could update as the wind too but...life is against it.  :lol: Anyway, thanks for reading and leaving a comment!  XD

@anonymousdowner: Honestly, I'm jealous that you're barfing rainbows at this. I miss barfing rainbows.  :lol: Ah, that word NOTHING. A word that obviously contains a whole lot of something to the poor Haruna.  :lol: :lol: I'm glad your wrist is better now.  :) And yeah, I'm pretty sure every MariHaru shippers out there were pretty bummed out of the shuffle but like you said, they are close friends so it's okay. Mariko seems stalkerish towards Haruna so I'm sure the MariHaru pairing is safe.  :lol: Anyway, thanks for reading and leaving a long ass comment.  :) Long ass comments are welcome. I like reading long ass comments. :lol: And you know, that funky panda doing the funky dance? It never fails to make me smile and make me feel weirded out as I look at it. Funky panda is funky.  :lol:

@RJay: Was it really as quick update?  :? And my GOD! There is a real person named Saito Kazuhiko?!  :shocked <-- Yeah I was like that when I read your comment the first time. Still feeling a bit shocked since I had no idea that there is a real famous(?) person with that name. I actually just made that name up and had another person in mind while writing his character.   :lol: It does seem unclear as to what Haruna's nothing is huh. Hmmm. Anyway, thanks for reading and leaving a comment!  XD

@lovemariharu: I'm pretty sure Mariko is going to be Haruna's medicine soon.  :lol: And yes, she was a total mess with the whole appearance of Mariko's other bestfriend/dumped suitor.  :lol: It's kinda cute, really.  :lol: I get the furious mode since I felt that too. But then it left me after about 5 minutes of total rage.  :lol: I actually played that scene over and over again as Mariko's shaky speech touched me.  :( Especially when she covered her mouth, probably letting out a sob as Acchan bowed and thanked them. Shot me right in the heart.  :cry: And yeah, I love Haruna's look when Mariko was delivering her short speech to Acchan.  :lol: Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting!  XD

@flameeyes:
:lol: It's better that I had left it TBC than another 3 letter word END.  :lol: And, the baby is cute! Good job!  :thumbsup And you edited your comment quickly because of the gifs again, good job!  :thumbsup  :lol: Thanks for reading and commenting! Nice chatting with you too.  :lol:

@Suicchin:
I'm sorry for the frustrating chapter.  :nervous Hmmm. Betty and Mariko releasing their sexual tensions huh. Shall I turn this fic into a smutfest?  :lol: Hmmm, I kinda like that.  :lol: I'm sorry it still took a week for me to finish this.  :nervous This chapter might make you jump on the chair again.  :nervous :nervous Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting.  XD

@Wmatsui22: I'm glad you found the last chapter interesting.  :) As a fanfic author, it's nice to hear that what we write brings out different emotions to the readers.  XD And yes, I will bring more MariHaru goodness in the future. But for now...let's keep it subtle.  :nervous Anyway, Thanks for reading and commenting!  XD

@immortal_K: Long ass comments are deeply appreciated.  :) I get the whole texting in class too when the lecture is boring. I do that all the time.  :lol: And yeah, it does seem that I just throw out random stuff huh.  :lol:  :lol: I guess I like throwing stuff.  :lol: Honestly, when I'm writing this, because of the different names, I keep feeling that I'm writing a fable or something that is not AKB48 anymore.  :lol: The names are just...  :nervous Hmmm, I actually want to add more members to this whacked up story, but I have no idea where to put them.  :nervous  I guess I can worry about that later on as the story progress.  :) Thanks for reading and commenting! Still waiting for your MariHaru story.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

To dear thank you pressers and silent readers, I thank you as well.   :bow: :bow: :bow:

Fourth! I warn!
This is fiction. If I ever offend someone, please feel free to tell me.
Lastly! I'm sorry this chapter is messed up. I was pretty messed up while I was writing it. I'm feeling aloof lately so... :nervous
Crappy frustrating chapter ahead!  :lol:
Enjoy!  :)

many thanks to yanouchi and crazywota for the poster

Chapter 9: Cutting fruits is an altruistic deed!

Ever wished that you had superhuman abilities?

Yes, yes, like the heroes in Marvel or DC or any other comics that has them wearing their flashy underwear outside their pants; which by the way, I don't get. I mean, why would you want to wear your flashy underwear outside your pants right? Is that, what? For sex appeal? To attract the ladies or what? ...Oh, right. Getting off topic now. Sorry, I just...underwear outside, ugh. It's like Crazy Psycho wanting to hang out with you all the time. It gets you to ask 'WHY?' in bold and capital letters. Yeah, anyway, super powers. Right. I think it'd be cool to have one, don't you think?

What kind of superpowers would I want to have?

That's actually a tough question. I mean, every powers has its usefulness. Say you want the ability to fly. No traffic jams right? Plus you can go to Neverland and stay a kid forever. But then again you're in a jungle and you play pirates with no TV or any other 20th century gadgets around. That's pretty much whacked up huh. Anyway, the Neverland thing is also related to another superhuman abilities; immortality. Honestly, that's one power that I don't want to have. I mean, everyone around you would just die, and that's sad even for someone like me. Though on the bright side, you'd still look young. Tempting, but then, if the world ended, you'd just be left alone. Forever. So...no to that. Time Travel seems pretty cool. Going back in time to warn your young self to stay away from crazy psycho's wanting to be your friend or any other crazies that wants to be your friend. Hmmm, definitely not bad. How about talking to animals? Aren't I talking to animals already? Oh, you mean the furry ones, walking with four legs, those things. No. I don't want that power. I mean, humans -which are also considered animals but we're talking about the furry ones- can be annoying already. If animals were to begin to talk to me, whine about their lives and all that crap then...ugh. No. Just let them be to do cutesy stuff and utter those cutesy sound effects. Mind control is not bad either. If I were to have mind control powers, I'd immediately face my parents and say, 'I'M NOT GAY!' I could also make the crazies stay away from me. Heh. Definitely has its perks. Superhuman strength? No. What the hell would I do with that? I don't want to save anyone from anything. I'm not the heroic type you know. If I had that, I'd only use it to open cans so that I won't have to use a damn can opener anymore. Other than that, no, I can't think of any other thing to use it. Hmm. But then again, I can punch crazies with it huh. Hmmm, I guess it has its perks but...no. That's not the kind of powers I'd want.

So what kind of powers do I really want to have? 

I did say I liked the Time Travel and Mind Control, but what I really want right now is to be able to read minds. You know where this is going huh. Yes, that's right. Me, wanting to have the ability to read minds, is all because of Saint Betty. It's always about Betty. It's like, this is Betty's world after all. Yeah I'm using a sarcastic sing song voice wherein I say that in the tune of 'it's a small world after all.' Anyway, the crazies are like, 'Betty is sad because of you,' 'Betty is happy because of you,' 'Betty is Betty because of you.' Okay so that last one definitely has some truth in it, but that's just for me. No crazies were involved in the naming of Haruna as Betty. The credits is all on me, but that really isn't the point huh. I'm just...I'm getting real tired of all that Betty crap, you know. Yeah, I get that she MAY have a crush on me. I mean, it was sort of obvious after I told her we can be friends. But then after Family day, she was just...I don't know. Depress? Yes, I think that's it. She's sometimes look like a walking depression now with her vacant eyes and gloomy sighs. Her smiles are forced and it's...damn irritating even for me. I get the whole forced smiles, that's my thing, but for someone like Betty to do that too? No. That's...that's not her. Yes, she still looks at me, still blushes like someone's red runny nose, but that'll just last a few seconds because then, after blushing, sometimes it'll turn into...a look as she looks down, avoiding my eyes. A look that I have no idea what it means. It's like a bunch of emotions are behind that look she always has besides...sadness. Pain? Guilt? Anger? Fear? ...Longing? ...I don't know.

You see why I'd want to have the power to read minds now? Yes, it's all for Betty's sake. I just want to know...what's up with her. What is she thinking? Why the sudden pull and push? What's with the look she's giving me? What is she trying to tell me with that look? I...I just want to understand her. But then again, I wonder...

...if I were to have such power and I found out what's wrong, what's next? What should I do next?

"Thanks for driving us, Takahashi-san." Crazy Psycho said at the midget driver in front of her.

I sighed and shook my head, saying, "You mean SORRY for driving us."

"No kidding. It's pretty cramped in here. It feels like I'm in a clown car or something." Megaphonic Creepy softly mumbled beside me, moving slightly as she frowned. Her shoulders up as the four of us were seated together. Correction, we're squeezed together in the backseat of what Crazy Psycho calls, 'The Midget Mobile.' Yes, she was the one who said that, not me. She saw the Midget Professor heading towards her car with Fang. She pointed towards the car and yelled, "Quick! To the Midget Mobile!" 

Without waiting for our reply, she made a dash towards Midget Professor's car and quickly stepped inside, surprising the two. She explained the whole blah blah make Betty happy and we need a ride thing to the Midget one and tahdah. Here we all are, squeezed in the Midget Mobile's backseat. Like the owner, her car is pretty much a midget as well.

"Uh...yeah. Sorry for driving us when we could have TAKEN A CAB!" Snorlax gave Crazy Psycho a look as she said the emphasized words. Crazy Psycho just held out her hands nonchalantly as if shrugging. Obviously, she can't really shrug what with our shoulders pressed together, so hand gestures would suffice. No, I'm not exaggerating on this.

"Would you stop complaining! It's not like you four gave Takamina a choice!" Fang glared as she looked at us from the front seat. I could only narrow my eyes as Miichan let out a fake cough, letting out, "Friendzoned." which of course, prompted Fang to glare at her. I think I hear her growling too. No surprise there, it is Fang and all.

"It's okay. I'm happy that you guys are volunteering for a good cause. It's quite rare for kids your age to do such a thing." Midget Professor said, smiling through the rear view mirror.

"Actually, for me, this is more like forced volunteering for a whole different cause." I said as I looked at the side. True story. Apparently these three crazies are forcing me to make Princess Saint Betty happy by helping her with her volunteering work that I didn't know of. I seriously had no idea that Betty is doing the good deeds every Saturdays. But then again, it really isn't surprising since Betty is a Goody-Goody-Self-Proclaimed-Nun. It's her mission to save the world and all. It's Super Betty to the rescue. Sarcasm right there people.

Why didn't I say no?

Are you kidding me? I'm clearly outmatched. It's like 4 and 1/2 versus 1 here. I'm no match to the three of them in terms of strength. Snorlax's strength is equivalent to that of two women plus a midget. Mine is just like equivalent to a woman. If you combine Megaphonic Creepy and Crazy Psycho's strength to Snorlax's, that's like, 4 women plus a midget. You see the math there? It's a matter of life and death here and I chose not to have bruises on my skinny body so, I'm just whatever to their fucked up wishes about Betty's happiness.

"Oh, really? You might enjoy it though Shinoda-san. Helping people can make you feel better you know." Midget Professor looked at me through the rear view mirror. "Plus it might help you with your writing for your next paper."

"Doubt that." I mumbled. Fang gave me a look that I replied with an eye roll. Obviously she's not pleased with what I just muttered. Overprotective Fang girl, go figure.

So that uncomfortable ride took about 30 minutes of constant bickering from Crazy Psycho and Fang. What were they bickering about? Well, you know, trivial things about how Crazy Psycho wants to call Midget Professor, Takamina, but, unsurprisingly, Fang was against in and then all the blahs and whatever's between them for 30 minutes. Like I said, trivial things, so yeah, not important. Finally, we reached our destination which is...in front of an unfinished house. I gaped as I stepped out of the Midget Mobile, my shoulder's slumped as I thought of what we're going to do for today.

"You have got to be kidding me." I groaned as I looked at Snorlax who stood beside me, her eyebrow arched up. "She's been doing construction every Saturdays?" I asked.

"Last I heard, she was helping at an orphanage." Snorlax replied, confused.

"And before that, I think she participated in a feeding program." Megaphonic Creepy added beside Snorlax with a nod. Wow. Betty was into all of that? I know I shouldn't be surprised what with her being a Goody-Goody-Self-Proclaimed-Nun, but...wow. Saint Betty sure is...saintly.

"Thanks for the ride, Takahashi-san!" Miichan says from behind us. Turning, I watch her smile at the Midget Professor as she closed the door.

"No problem." Midget Professor said as she smiled back through the opened window. She then looked at the unfinished house saying, "Building a house eh? Looks fun."

"Want to join us?" Miichan asked as her eyebrow moved suggestively. The Midget one turned to look at her companion who scowled, leaning to look at Crazy Psycho as she says, "No."

"I was actually asking Takamina here."

"Stop calling her Takamina!" Fang barked, glaring at Crazy Psycho who rolled her eyes mumbling, "Whatever Friendzoned."

"You know, I've been meaning to ask what that means, Minegishi-san." Midget Professor said as she turned back, frowning a little. Crazy Psycho crossed her arms to her chest, grinning at the blushing Fang. Poor Fang. Crazy Psycho definitely has the upper hand on things. She definitely met her match. I could only narrow my eyes as Fang quickly ordered the Midget one to drive so that they could get the hell out of here. It looked like the Midget one felt a bit weirded out by the command, but shrugged it off and bid us farewell and goodluck, smiling. With our thanks and goodbyes said and done, the two drove off. I could only stare at the Midget Mobile as it gets smaller down the road, thinking how damn lucky they are they aren't participating in this crappy project of making Betty happy. Damn lucky.

"Wh-what are you guys doing here?" A familiar voice stammered nervously. I turned towards the voice and found Betty heading towards us from the unfinished house with an unknown girl following her from behind.

"Haruna-chan!" Crazy Psycho beamed, hugging the confused girl. Her eyebrows furrowed underneath her glasses as she looked at us one by one, until her gaze falls on me. My eyebrow arched up as I looked at her eyes for a second then slowly, my eyes traveled down, sizing up her attire. She was wearing a bandana, her messy hair tied up in a ponytail. The white shirt looked a bit oversized underneath the baggy denim overalls she's wearing, and then it ends with her wearing rubber shoes. All in all, she looked okay, really. Unlike her everyday horrendous clothing that you can somehow relate to Amish fashion, she really looked okay today. I was contemplating on telling her that as I brought my eyes back to hers. But then, she quickly looked away, blushing. No surprise there. Guess she wasn't used to me sizing her up. So much for complimenting her then. Meh, shy Betty is shy after all.

"So, you four must be the new volunteers that would be helping us today." The unknown skinny woman with porcelain skin who was wearing the same get up as Betty said, smiling as she stood beside Betty. She seriously looked like she doesn't have blood underneath that whitish pale skin of hers. Maybe her blood is all white then. Hmmm. Could be. It's either that or she's a vampire which is...nah. I'm just going to go with her blood being white then.

"Ah. You must be Matsui Rena." Miichan said as she removed her hold on Betty, turning towards the other woman, giving her a smile. "I'm Minegishi Minami, the one who talked to you on the phone earlier. Nice to meet you!"

The two gave each other bows and soon enough, me, Snorlax and Creepy were all bowing at Whitey as we introduced ourselves. I don't know if I was imagining it or what but Whitey gave me a wide smile as I introduced myself unenthusiastically to her. Makes me wonder if Betty has been talking about me again. I glanced at her and she looked away again, her lips pursed. Hmmm. I'm thinking yes. Meh, she probably mentioned me since I am her roommate and all. Hopefully she didn't discuss to Whitey about her not so secret crush on me cause that's just...ugh. Oh and yes, I'm going to call Betty's friend Whitey now. It seems fitting really. So after the whole pleasantries and Betty looking a bit uncertain on us being there because she probably thinks we'll end up destroying the house rather than help built it -which is totally understandable except for Snorlax since she looked built for this kind of shit- we all turned towards the house, looking at it as Whitey explains to us the obviousness of what we're up against. Hammering, sawing, hammering and a bunch of sawing until the second batch of volunteers comes and replace us. Ah, I'm predicting body aches later on for this crap. Out of everything Betty does for humanity, it had to be building a house for today. God seriously SERIOUSLY hates me. What have I done to you, oh God, to deserve this kind of punishment?! What?!

"Group huddle!" Crazy Psycho suddenly exclaimed as she looked at the three of us. She turned towards Whitey and Betty as she says, "Excuse me Rena-chan and Haruna-chan. I have to talk to these three first before we can start," with a smile.

"No problem." Whitey said with a smile, her hands clasped together as she talks. Meanwhile, Betty looked at us with her head tilted slightly to the side, confusion across her features. Her confusion is pretty understandable since I am feeling a bit confused myself especially when Crazy Psycho wrapped her arm around my shoulder and Creepy's pulling us slightly down, our backs facing the two nun-like friends. The four of us formed a ridiculous mini circle under Crazy Psycho's command. I could only narrow my eyes as she says what she wants.

"Okay, don't forget, we have to find out why Haruna-chan seems down lately." She whispered to us, her face masked in seriousness. I raised my hand slightly, my eyes still narrowed as I pointed out the obviousness.

"Didn't we already established the fact that I'm the source of her unhappiness?" True. We already discussed this earlier as I was adamantly telling them that with me being here, will only make Saint Betty unhappy. But then they told me about how I make her happy as well so they insisted on me being here. So I make her sad and happy huh? Great. Deadpan tone there.

"Well maybe it's because you did something to her." Creepy said, looking at me suspiciously.

"I didn't do anything to her." Well I did say her name when she weirdly requested me too but...I don't think that has anything to do with depress Betty. Plus, I have no intention of saying that to the crazies. So whatever. Still didn't do anything to her.

"Well I think she's just jealous of Saito-san." Snorlax shrugged.

"I'm guessing that too." Crazy Psycho nodded.

"I haven't met the guy but based on your tales...ditto." Creepy agreed as well.

"Or she could be an addict and is in a path of righteousness which is why she's suffering from withdrawals right now." I shrugged, nonchalantly. Three pair of narrowed eyes looked at me blankly. What? It could happen. There is a famous saying, 'expect the unexpected' you know.

"That sounded like something that I would say." Crazy Psycho pointed out and I just rolled my eyes at that.

"Let's just go with the Princess being jealous as the main presumption here." Creepy said as she waved her hand. Snorlax and Crazy Psycho nodded their head in agreement while I glared at the three, not liking their theory. If Betty is jealous of Smiles then...ugh. This crush thing has definitely gone too far. Should I...do something about it then?

I let out a sigh as I looked at the ground, contemplating on the Betty problem. Only when I heard a honk of a car did I raise my head back to look at the familiar jeep. My shoulder slumped as I gaped at the person coming out of his jeep, carrying cups of coffee, wearing that sickening smile as he walked towards us.

"What the hell is HE doing here?!" Miichan exclaimed looking pissed off as she removed her arms from me and Creepy, looking at Smiles. I glanced at Betty and found her staring at Smiles, giving him a look of...emptiness. Could the crazies theory be right then?  Great. If it is, then so much for making Betty happy today. I mean, with Smiles and me being here, it just added her depression levels to high heading to danger.

"Yo!" He greeted, giving us a toothy smile. He then held up what he's carrying as he says, "I bring caffeinated goodies to you all."

"How gay." I deadpan, crossing my arms to my chest, looking at him boredly. He gave me a shrug, smiling.

"What are you doing here?!" Miichan asked as she stepped closer to Smiles who looked taken aback by the glare of his twin.

"I thought you were inviting me to be here."

Three pair of eyes looked at Crazy Psycho, our eyebrows raised as she shook her head in denial.

"No I didn't!" She replied, still glaring at her twin.

"I asked you where you guys are going and you told me what the exact address is and its landmark. Plus, you told me what you guys are going to do and who you were with in complete details." Smiles explained, his brow furrowed slightly. He then shrugged his muscled shoulders as he added, "I don't know about you, but with all that information you gave me, that sounded like an invitation to me."

"I told you all that so that if anything happens to us, you'd know where our bodies are. DUH!" She said as if stating the obvious which...is really not so obvious to normal people, seriously. Crazy Psycho gave him a nasty look as she pulled down Snorlax and Creepy for another huddle. Smiles looked at me, perplexed as he pouted slightly.

"That doesn't make sense."

"In crap talk it does." I sighed and looked at him sympathetically, walking towards him. I grabbed his offered coffee and looked at it as I added, "Have you forgotten that this is Crazy Psycho you're talking to?" as I stood beside him.

He let out a sigh as he shook his head, wearing a small smile. With a shrug and a wink to me, he made way towards the others, offering his caffeine goodies. The corner of my lips tugged up slightly as Crazy Psycho continues to give him a hard time, telling him that he's ruining our plans...or rather, her plans. The poor Buffoon could only scratch his head and offer his sorry to his twin while greeting Snorlax and Betty. He then introduced himself to Whitey and Creepy as I stood a few feet away from them, sipping his offered goodness. It was then I noticed Betty looking at me, her eyes full of emotions locked on mine. I tried to hold her gaze, just so I could figure out what it is that she's trying to tell me, to help her, and at the same time, for me to somehow figure out what I should do next. But then, like other times, she averted her gaze from mine, giving a forced smile at Smiles as he offered her coffee. I let out a sigh as I looked at the brown liquid inside the cup. My brow creased and my hand tightened slightly at the cup that I was holding as I stared at my mirrored image.

Dammit Betty. You really need to get over your crush on me...

...but how...?

"Something troubling you, Scrooge?" Smiles asked as he glanced at me. Yes, despite Crazy Psycho being pissed off by Smiles sudden appearance and for ruining her plans, she halfheartedly told him that he could stay since we obviously need the man power. He looked ecstatic with that, suddenly picking her up and began swinging Crazy Psycho around like a kid who unsurprisingly began to squeal in delight as well, enjoying the ride. Seeing the two like that, I could only narrow my eyes at their childishness. Miichan really can't stay mad at her twin for more than a few hours. Why? I don't know. She's always like that when it comes to her friends. Anyway, I honestly think Smiles being here is a good thing since he can help us with the heavy stuff. I mean, sure we've got Snorlax who's got a strength of 2 women and a midget but, she is still a girl and all so...yeah. Go Smiles. Plus, c'mon, 6 girls constructing a house with 3 or 2 of them having no experience in such a thing besides hammering? Yeah, like that'll end well. Sarcasm there.

"What makes you think that?" I turned to him, frowning.

"Well you've been pounding that nail for quite some time now." He pointed out as I pound the nail again. "And I'm pretty sure you can't see it anymore what with it buried deep now."

I turned to look at the nail and found that it was in pretty deep. Huh. Look at that. He's right. Whatever. I let out a sigh as I picked up a nail from the floor, placed it on the wood and readied the hammer again to pound it in. Smiles grabbed my hammer though as I was about to beat the nail with it.

"C'mon, talk to me." He sighs as he turned to me fully. I glared at him and grabbed my hammer back from him, offering silence to his request. I began to pound on the blasted nail again, ignoring him as he stares at me.

"Does this have anything to do with your roommate having a crush on you?" He asked, making me falter for a second until I began to hammer the nail again, hammering it twice as hard as I glare at it. I'm guessing Crazy Psycho told him about it the other day. Damn you Crazy Psycho. And damn you Saint Betty!

So what happened? And why does it seem like I'm pissed off at Betty?

Good fucking question, because I am! Just slightly though. It's more like...I'm frustrated. Let me explain. You know about Crazy Psycho's Betty plan right? Yeah, make Betty happy and find out what's shitting her and whatever. That plan is till underway as the three are insistently trying to hang out with Betty as they work, asking her stuff and whatever. What about me? Yeah well, it feels like she didn't want anything from me as she tries to avoid me as we work. Believe me, I was trying to form a conversation with her as per request of Crazy Psycho earlier and well, she just mumbled out an excuse and walked away, leaving me to stare at her retreating back, confused. Can you believe it?! No? Okay, so I tried it again just awhile ago and she did the same. She was being distant with me, saying something about helping Whitey in the other room without looking at me, and just left me alone with Creepy who looked just as confused as me. Yeah, so I get the brush off and decided to leave her be like she wanted and started hanging with the Buffoon who was hammering stuff. Without saying anything, he handed me some nails and a hammer and began hammering away my anger and frustration about Saint Betty. If she doesn't want to talk to me or look at me anymore, FINE! Who needs her and her fucking mood swings. First she tells me she wants to be my friend and now she's being all evasive with me? The fuck right?! God, why do I even bother.

Maybe it's better off that we just...treat each other as strangers, you know. Like this.

"C'mon now, Scrooge. You know you can talk to me right?" He reminded me as I continue to pound my hammer on the wood, the nail getting shorter and shorter as I continue to strike it. Once the head of the nail was locked in place, I let out a sigh as I held the hammer down to the side, letting out, "I try to forget...but yeah, I know," with a shrug.

"A girl having a thing on you again, huh? One word? HOT." He chuckled as his brow moved suggestively at me. I could only roll my eyes at that. Sometimes I forget that he's a man you know.

"You know, when Miichan told me about that, I wasn't surprised. No wonder she gave me that heartbreaking look last time." 

"Not funny." I growled as I glared at him.

"I know. It really isn't funny especially when it's one sided and you're on the receiving end of an inevitable rejection." He said, smiling. "I should know, right? I mean, I've been there."

I let out another sigh as I massage my temples. Things are getting so fucked up now. The Buffoon is right, this whole thing with Betty seems pretty similar to what happened to him back then. A friend falls for me, and I ended up hurting him by rejecting his feelings. Same situation, different people...same inevitable outcome. But then, I'm still friends with Smiles despite the heartache I probably bought him. So...could me and Betty...still be...friends?

"So? What's the plan then? You going to reject her too?" He asked, curiously. I stared at him for awhile, noticing his gentle and handsome features as he looked back, waiting. It was at that moment as he tilted his head slightly and creased his brow did an idea came to me that would solve Betty's not so secret crush on me.

"Maybe you should...date her...?" I suggested, my eyes widening slightly at the idea I just came up with. Why the hell didn't I think of that sooner?

"What?!" He cried out as he looked at me like I'm insane. Well...maybe I was insane right now. But that really isn't the point right now. I grabbed him by his wrist, looking directly at him as I say, "Go out with her, just until her crush on me stops."

He pulled his hand away from me, frowning.

"No! Are you crazy?! I don't want to date her." He hissed as he looks around, looking if someone was listening in on our conversation. He probably thought that this conversation isn't appropriate to discuss here as he grabbed my arm and starts to drag me outside the house. Once in a safe distance from the house, he released his hold on my arm as we stood face to face in the sidewalk.

"What's wrong with dating her? Is it her clothes? Her looks?" I asked, my voice getting louder with every question I throw at him, angry at finding out how shallow he can be. "C'mon, she's not half bad. She's pretty for God's sakes. Even I can admit it." Well I can admit it to him, to her...not yet. I think I haven't said that to Betty yet huh.

"I just don't want to play that kind of game. Getting someone to ward off what she feels for you is just...wrong. And it doesn't work that way." He reasoned with a sigh. "If you don't want her, then just say it to her."

"It does work that way. Feelings are transferable you know." I argued, looking at him defiantly. He stares at me for awhile until he shook his head and sighs.

"Somehow, I'm not surprised to hear that from you." He then waved his hand dismissively as he looked at the side saying, "And this discussion about feelings being transferable is not up for debate. All I'm saying is that you should talk to her and reject her if you don't want her."

I let out a groan of frustration as I walked to a tree and sat on the ground, leaning on it with my arms crossed to my chest. So much for the awesome plan I had.

"I've never seen you this affected by someone having feelings for you." He said softly as he crouched down in front of me.

"What are you implying?" I glared at him.

He chuckled, holding up his hands as if in surrender. He then rests his hands to his lap as he sat down on the ground, giving me a small sad smile. "I'm just...wondering if I affected you this way too back then."

"I don't know. I can't remember." I lied as I looked at the side, avoiding his eyes.

"Just talk to her Mariko. You'll feel a lot better." He advised as he stood up, brushing the back of his pants.

"You know I'm still going to insist you into asking Haruna out." I said as I looked up at him. "Like I said, she's really not bad."

He stared at me for awhile, looking bewildered at what I said. It made me frown, not really getting on why he's looking at me like that. Not like there's something wrong with what I said. I mean, I still think him dating Betty would avert her growing affections to me. Plus, she might be good for him, you know. So...it really isn't surprising, right? Why is he looking at me like I've grown horns then? Did I?

"You know her name." He whispered in amazement as he stares down at me. That's it? What kind of fucked up reason is that for him to stare at me like that?

"She's my roommate." I reasoned as I narrowed my eyes. Plus the crazies are pretty much a Haruna's fan club so yeah. But, I don't need to add that, really.

"Miichan was practically living with you and she said it still took you years to call her by her name. It took you almost a year to call me by MY name. While this...Haruna girl, took you what? 3 months?" He said as he looked at me incredulously.

"Are you implying, what I think you're implying?" I glared at him while he shrugged.

"Probably."

"You two are bothersome back then. She's annoying in a way...but not THAT annoying as the two of you." I pointed out as I stood up, brushing the dirt from the back of my jeans.

"Right." He drawled exasperatingly as he looked at me with disbelief. I rolled my eyes at him, slapped his chest hard through his shirt and walked away saying, "Whatever you muscled Buffoon. I don't need to justify myself to you."

"That hurts! And yes you do! You owe me that much!" He groaned from behind me.

I rolled my eyes at that as I continue to head back towards the house saying, "No I don't! I don't need to justify myself to you or anyone else!"

True dat.

I was a bit pissed off at Smiles for that talk we had, so I decided to hang with Snorlax and help her with the sawing. And by help I mean sitting on the pile of wood as she saws them in half. Yeah well, I asked her if I could be of some help to her and she just grumbled telling me to sit on the damn wood so that it wouldn't move. Best job offer ever.

"Could you move your lazy ass over here? Thanks." She grumbled again, pointing at where she wants me to sit. With a shrug, I sat down where she wants me and began resuming my game on my phone.

"So? Have you found out anything about Haruna?" She grunted while she cuts the wood.

"Shouldn't I be asking that question since...she's pretty much avoiding me." I simply said, wondering if she could hear my spite in my voice. Meh, whatever. Betty could jump off a cliff now for all I care.

"Yeah, Sae told me about that. Kinda odd really."

"You can say that again." I mumbled, frowning at my phone as I failed to cut the damn banana in half. Yes, apparently I'm helping Snorlax by cutting fruits while she cuts wood. Lazy ass, I know, but she can handle the sawing thing. I mean look, she finished cutting it with flying colors. Or rather with sweat trickling down her neck and forehead but whatever. She's good at it. Hurray for Amazon-like-Snorlax. Hurray.

"Maybe you should talk to her." She suggested as she wipes her sweat with a white cloth, turning to me.

"And say what?" I groaned as I turned to her. First Smiles and now Snorlax. I know I should talk to her and all but...the thing is...I have no idea what I should say to her. No, scratch that. I do know what I SHOULD say to her. But...

"Honestly, I don't know either." She said, chuckling.

"Some help you are." I mumbled as I stare at the 'game over' words on my phone. Damn flying fruits.

"Well I could say the same to you." She narrowed my eyes at me, her hands placed on her waist, looking unimpressed. Lazy ass, I know. I shrugged nonchalantly as a reply. She shook her head with a sigh then picked up the wood that she cut in half. She held it towards me saying, "Take this to Saito-san so you could be of use around here."

"Touche." I rolled my eyes and took the offered wood, wrapping my arms around it as I stood up. Grumbling, I began looking for Smiles inside the house, hearing Crazy Psycho and Creepy's voice up on the second floor, laughing. I stopped when I heard Smiles laugh as well. Great. He's on the second floor and I'm carrying this pieces of forestry here on the ground floor. You see the problem here? Sighing, I gently placed the slightly heavy wood on the ground and decided to just wait for the lunk of muscled Buffoon to come down. Yeah, yeah, I'm a lazy ass right now. Whatever.

I began walking around, looking at the unfinished house, wondering how many days it'll take to finish it. The thought of 'why am I building a house for someone when I don't have a house of my own' also came to my mind. That thought made me chuckle softly as I walked towards the back porch. It was then I stopped my wandering as I saw a familiar Saint sitting on the floor with a first aid kit beside her. I couldn't tell what she was doing as her back was facing me. Curious, I walked towards her as quietly as I could knowing she was hell bent on avoiding me. I stopped just a few feet from her as I had a clear view of what she was trying to do.

She was trying to put a band aid on her injured finger.

I would've walked away from it since putting a band aid on isn't really much of a feat, I mean, even Maachan can do that, but she looks like she's having a hard time putting it on herself, and I don't think she put something on it other than wash it. So...I thought that since I'm already doing altruistic deeds, why not offer her my services, right? Plus, maybe this'll get me a chance to talk to her. I mean Snorlax and Smiles advised me to talk to her, regardless of I don't know what the hell I'm going to say to her now, so...yeah. Let's try that then.

"Want some help with that?" I asked as I looked down at the top of her bandana covered head. My lips tugged up as she jumped at hearing my voice. She slowly turned her head to look up at me over her shoulder, nervousness visible in her eyes.

"Well?" My eyebrow arched up as I wait for her answer. I wasn't surprised when she looked away, shook her head and began packing up the first aid kit beside her as she stammered out her response.

"Um...I...I can take care of it myself later on...so um...excuse me..."

I watch as she grabbed the first aid kit with her injured finger protruding, stood up from where she's sitting and began walking away from me. But, you know me, I'm really getting tired of her brush off today, well at least my pride is and that isn't really healthy so, uncharacteristically, after she took only about three steps away from me, I quickly grabbed her arm and stopped her from going further. She looked stunned as she turned her head to look at me. I could see confusion in her eyes and...something else that I have no idea what. Instead of trying to figure out what it is, I just shook my head and looked away, dragging her to where I found her. 

"Sit." I commanded as I sat on the floor, my hand now holding her wrist. I was waiting  for her to sit beside me and when she didn't, I looked up at her and she's just...staring at me, blankly. I let out a tired sigh as I tugged her slightly, trying to wake her up to wherever her brain is right now.

"Just sit down and let me take a look at that." I coaxed gently, looking her straight in the eye. After awhile of just empty staring, she hesitantly gave in, lowering herself to sit down next to me. I saw her body stiffened when our knees touched, and again, I wasn't surprised when she moved slightly away from me, giving us space. I turned slightly to face her, noticing her eyes resting on my hand that was still on her wrist. She was a ball of wreck in front of me, it was so obvious especially when I saw her twitch the moment our hands touched slightly as I reached out my free hand to grab the first aid kit from her hold. With my lips pursed, I placed the first aid kit beside me and opened it. I removed my hand on her wrist and began to look at the various items inside.

"This won't take awhile. I'm just going to clean your wound, apply the necessary cure for it and then you can go back to avoiding me." I said wearing a tight smile as I look at the first aid kit. No, I didn't say that to her bitterly. No bitterness laced words there. I just stated the obvious to her.

"I...I'm...not avoiding you." She said softly, unsure.

"Not stupid here." I tell her as I reached for her hand. She tries not to twitch, but I felt it the moment I took hold of her hand and slowly pulled it closer to me, our palms facing each other with mine underneath hers. I frowned slightly when I saw the deep cut on her index finger.

"How'd you get this?" I asked, looking at her.

"I...I accidentally cut it while I was sawing awhile ago." She admitted, her eyes to the side as a blush creeps on her cheeks.

"You do know that it's the wood that you're supposed to cut with a saw, not your finger, right?" I reminded her as I narrowed my eyes. She nodded her head hesitantly, the corner of her lips twitching as she tries not to smile at what I said.

"Did you clean it with water and soap?"

She glanced at me then looked to the side again, nodding her head. Well at least she got that right.

"So no ointment then? Just going to bandage it without putting anything on it?" I questioned, my eyebrow raised up as I continue to look at her.

"W-well...yes. Ointment stings so I..."

"You have got to be kidding me." I let out flatly as I shook my head. "Little pain is okay rather than dying from an infection you know."

She replied by giving me a small smile, her eyes downcast to her lap. Here I am lecturing her and she's...enjoying it? Huh. I think she's already suffering from infection right now. With a sigh, I pulled out a cotton ball and dabbed an antibiotic ointment on it.

"Well, you already know this would sting so...prepare yourself I guess." I looked back at her. She nodded her head again and bit her lower lip as she anticipates the pain, her slightly squinted eyes trained on her wound. I couldn't help but raise my eyebrow slightly at how she looks, and I haven't even put the ointment yet. How fucked up that is right? Shaking my head from such thoughts, I gently dabbed the cotton on her cut, feeling her moist soft hand squeeze mine as she winced in pain.

"Just a little more." I tried to soothe her as I continue to treat her not so enormous wound. Once I was done putting the ointment, I looked at her as her whole body seemed to relax.

"Uh, I'm going to cover it up now." I said to which she gave a nod. I stared at her for awhile, waiting and then let out a sigh, pointing out another obvious. "Yeah, so...I need my other hand's help to cover your wound."

She hastily let go of my hand, blushing furiously as she kept her eyes locked on her lap.
"S-sorry." She mumbled.

I pursed my lips, pulling out a band aid from the first aid kit. The sound of me opening it and Crazy Psycho's laughter were the only noise around us as we were consumed in our own thoughts. Well, I think she is as her uninjured hand seems to be gripping her jeans tight. Thinking nothing of it, I told her to hold up her hand and I gently placed the band aid on her wound. She stared at her covered finger for awhile, biting her lower lip in concentration. Wonder what's going on inside that messed up head of hers.

"All done." I said, unenthusiastically as I closed the first aid kit. I turned back to look at her and was slightly surprised to see her looking back at me, wearing a soft smile.

"Thank you."

I nodded my head, offering her a small smile. I stared at her for awhile, wondering if I should say something to her now about her growing feelings for me. But then I suddenly noticed something as my eyes moved down to her lips.

"Uh...you've got a...dirt on your lip." I said as I slowly reached out for her lip, ignoring the nervousness apparent in her features. I pinched her lower lip, making her wince as I tried to get the dirt but it stayed stuck. I blinked as I stare at her lip. Eh?

"Th-that's not dirt, Shinoda-san. It's a mole." She clarifies in a whiny voice, pouting as she rub her lip with her finger.

"No kidding." I let out as she cutely bit her lower lip, looking at me. I couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle at that, finding it funny that I mistook a mole for a dirt.

"Sorry...I just...I actually thought that was dirt." I smiled which she returned, staring at me for awhile.

"I like it...when I see you smiling." She confessed softly, keeping her gaze at me despite the blush that forms on cheeks. "It's nice to see you smiling."

I held her gaze for awhile as she gives me a genuine smile, a blush covering her cheeks. With a smile I honestly replied back, "I should be saying the same thing to you."

She looked momentarily stunned at what I said but then she quickly bounced back, giving me a wide smile. Looking at her like this, it made me remember what I said to Smiles earlier, about her being pretty and well...she is. Betty is pretty, especially when she smiles. I had the sudden urge to say it to her, for her self esteem's sake mind you. So I opened my mouth and was about to tell it to her when I heard footsteps heading our way, followed by a familiar voice.

"Eh? Who left these..." Smiles trailed. He saw me sitting on the porch and shook his head, pointing at the wood that he's carrying. "I'm guessing you were the one who left these on the floor?"

"Your ability to state the obvious astounds me." I deadpan as I narrowed my eyes at him. He rolled his eyes then stiffened when he realized that I wasn't alone. His eyes darts between me and Betty.

"Oh, um...was I...interrupting something?" He asked, looking apologetically at me. I continue to narrow my eyes, completely unfazed as I heard a reply from above.

"Yes, you idiot! You're a ruiner!" Crazy Psycho yelled.

He raised his eyebrow. "What's a urine-r?"

"Get out of there!!" Crazy Psycho and Megaphonic Creepy's voice bellowed from above, startling Smiles as he jumped slightly. Without another word, he quickly made a dash outside the house, carrying the wood that I carried earlier. I let out a sigh then turned back to Betty, not surprised to see her frowning slightly at her lap. I could see clearly how her whole demeanor changed because of Smiles. She looks...distressed, completely different from her smiley self earlier. Seeing this, I was now certain that she is indeed jealous of the muscled Buffoon.

"I...I should get back to work." She said before grabbing the first aid kit beside me and standing up. She then looked down at me, offering me an empty smile as she says, "Thanks for...earlier. I'll...I'll see you later."

Without waiting for a reply, she walked hurriedly away from me. I let out a sigh, placing my chin in my hand as I watch her retreating form, disappearing from my view. So much for boosting up her self confidence then. Urine-r sure has sucky timing.

"Shinoda-san? Are you okay?" A voice said from behind me. Turning to look, my brow creased slightly as I saw Whitey looking at me curiously, just a few feet away from me. How'd she get there? I didn't hear here coming from behind me. Did she like, float or something?

"Uh, yeah. Just dandy." I shrugged nonchalantly. "I'm just taking a rest, you know." Yes, from cutting fruits. Meh, she doesn't need to know that though.

"Oh, I see. Can I join you then?" She smiled to which I just replied with another shrug. Still keeping that smile of hers that is bordering to my creepiness radar, she sat down next to me and looked at the backyard full of nothingness but green grass and trees.

"I'm glad you guys volunteered today. It's nice to finally meet Kojima-san's friends."

I glanced at her, wondering why I haven't seen her before since she too goes to Crackhouse University. Or have I but just forgot? Hmmm. Meh, Crackhouse University is pretty big so...no. I probably haven't seen there before. Yes, I'm going to trust my memory on this one, regardless of how my memory has its auto delete function for needless people and situations.

"I take it she's been talking about us then?" I asked. She nodded her head, smiling.

"She has."

No surprise there. She glanced at me, her teasing eyes boring mine as she added, "Especially you."

Again, I repeat. No surprise there. I did let out a groan though as I covered my face with my hand. I heard a giggle coming out of Whitey.

"She talks very highly of you Shinoda-san."

I moved my hand from my face slightly down as I glanced back at her, curious. "How high?"

"Uh...very VERY high?" She answered, unsure, still keeping that teasing smile of hers. Damn Betty. I'm really not that interesting of a topic yet she continues to tell people about me. What the hell does she tell these people anyway?

"Don't worry. It's all good."

"That doesn't really make me feel better." I sighed, resting my chin in my hand. She let out a chuckle on that.

"I guess it doesn't." She nodded. We were silent for awhile, looking at nothingness. Only did she let out a sigh did I glanced back at her, frowning slightly.

"I've been noticing that she's been...down lately. Do you know anything about that?" She asked, turning her face towards me. The teasing glint on her eyes was replaced with worry. She asks me if I know anything about withdrawal Betty and well...hell yeah I do. Her feelings for me are bordering towards red for danger. I make her happy and at the same time I make her sad. And she's fucking jealous of a Buffoon. That should sum up why she's been down lately. Psh.

But...Whitey doesn't need to know that, really.

"No." I lied, glaring ahead of me. I feel her eyes on my for awhile until she averted it, shaking her head with a sigh.

"I guess she's just nervous about the upcoming concert then."

Okay, so that wasn't on my 'Betty's main problem' list.

"Concert?" I raised my eyebrow at her as she turned to me.

"Uh, yeah. Didn't she tell you that our church is having a concert next week and she's having a solo?" She tilted her head slightly. I opened my mouth then quickly closed it, frowning. I'm feeling a bit stunned as a new information about Betty suddenly flooded my mind.

Betty sings?!

So, despite the shock from the new added information given to me by Whitey about Betty, and her suggesting me to come to the concert and support Betty in her upcoming solo as a surprise, despite all that, I ended up continuing my altruistic deeds as we wait for the second batch of volunteers. And by doing altruistic deeds I mean slicing those damn fruits while I hang with Snorlax. Yeah, I made a high score on that. Heh. Yeah, yeah, lazy ass, I know. Anyway, only a few volunteers came so we ended up working the whole day to help them. And now, tahdah, we're all squeezed inside Smiles jeep heading back to the dorms all wiped out. Okay, so they're all wiped out and are currently dozing off. I mean, I can hear Snorlax snoring lightly beside Megaphonic Creepy who's currently using my shoulder as a pillow as she mumbles out incoherent things. Crazy Psycho seems to be asleep with her mouth open in front and Smiles just let out his 5th yawn as he drives. Yup, their completely dozing off while I sit here with my arms crossed to my chest, bored to death. What about Whitey? She decided not to ride with us as her friend picked her up. Who? Can't remember. My auto delete function seemed to deem it pointless so...yeah. Deleted.

What about Betty?

I glanced at Betty who's been nodding off towards triple Z land beside me. Yup, she tired too. And yes, she avoided me the whole time after I tended on her wound. She couldn't avoid us sitting together here though as Creepy and Snorlax shove me towards her. How nice right? True friends.

"Blerghpshhh." Creepy mumbled as she nuzzled her face on my shoulder, her arms wrapping itself around my waist. I'm guessing that's the language of her people. Ugh. She better not be drooling or I swear I'll shove her hard towards Snorlax.

"Want me to drive?" I asked Smiles, looking through the rear view mirror as he let out another yawn. He waved his hand dismissively then made a quick turn on a street. Physics seems to take place as the force of the turn made us lean to the side, making Betty's head to rest on my shoulder. Great. Now I have three heads in my body.

I sighed and shook my head. My eyebrow arched up as I felt Betty press herself closer to me, nuzzling her head on my shoulder. I can feel my elbow pressed up to her breasts and well...awkward. Slowly, I removed my elbow and placed my hands on my lap, thinking that it would be uncomfortable to her what with me elbowing her breasts and all. I turned to look at her, my lips parted slightly as she softly whimpered, moving closer to me, her breasts pressed on my arm now and her hand that's on her lap too were touching mine. I continue to watch her, my lips tugs up as her nose wrinkled cutely as a couple of bangs sways on her face. She looks peaceful. So peaceful that I couldn't help but let out a sad sigh as I looked away from her.

Why did I let out a sad sigh, you ask?

Because I'm reminded of the obviousness of my hesitation in regards to rejecting Betty's growing affection. I mean, based on this day alone, I think you already know why I'm hesitating, right? No? It's simple, really.

I just...I don't want to hurt her.

My eyes made its way to the rear view mirror as I felt Smiles staring at me, blankly. That blank stare slowly turns into a knowing look as he smiled sadly at me.

TBC

Next up: Betty reaches 100% at her concert. Hopefully, I can pull that chapter off since it'll be a spiral of emotions from Betty.  :lol: Curious to know. What do you guys think of the pacing of the story? Meduim rare? Well done? I'd like to know.  :) Thanks for reading!  :bow:

« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 10:17:57 AM by FoF »

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Marunouchi Sadistic