JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AOA - 10 Seconds

Author Topic: The random Idol postwhore thread  (Read 483389 times)

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
Re: The random Idol postwhore thread
« Reply #940 on: August 20, 2015, 07:48:27 PM »
Future TTR48 girls!

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #941 on: August 22, 2015, 05:21:16 AM »
LADYBABY Kaneko Rie's father passed away two days ago.

http://ameblo.jp/chuuurie/entry-12063853243.html

RIP

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #942 on: August 22, 2015, 03:49:01 PM »
I have officially chosen the dark side, I was close to become a fan of normal J-POP but I gravitate towards the weird, I think the first concert in Japan had an influence on it....

Anyways here is some good stuff

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #943 on: August 22, 2015, 03:54:57 PM »
Puti PASSPO "Samurai Girl" MV (also posted in the PASSPO thread)

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #945 on: August 24, 2015, 10:52:47 AM »
New Tsubasa Fly

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #946 on: August 26, 2015, 05:37:23 AM »

it's cute

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #947 on: August 26, 2015, 05:46:08 PM »
I have officially chosen the dark side, I was close to become a fan of normal J-POP but I gravitate towards the weird, I think the first concert in Japan had an influence on it....

The best way to be...

Speaking of weird, surprisingly Zekkyou Suru 6-do have released an MV... to "Dai sanji bocchi sensou"

Chihiro

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #948 on: August 26, 2015, 06:11:58 PM »
So no more Muto Ayami? :P

What I am wondering though: Do those groups just like being weird or do they actually hope to come out big?

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #949 on: August 26, 2015, 06:45:23 PM »
Speaking of weird, surprisingly Zekkyou Suru 6-do have released an MV... to "Dai sanji bocchi sensou"
Oh that's amazing  :wub:

So no more Muto Ayami? :P
I could never abandon her :smhid

What I am wondering though: Do those groups just like being weird or do they actually hope to come out big?
Ask Bellring少女ハート ;) I'm guessing it's an image thing like it is with most other groups, I think it's pretty hard to get anywhere with a generic image no matter how good your music is.

Anyways the group I posted latest video sounds nothing like the live one

How is that even the same group, LOL!  :lol:

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #950 on: August 26, 2015, 07:15:46 PM »
Ask Bellring少女ハート ;) I'm guessing it's an image thing like it is with most other groups, I think it's pretty hard to get anywhere with a generic image no matter how good your music is.
[/quote]
Lol, I was thinking exactly of ベルハ when i wrote it. They are a good example. Like they never do extensive CD-sales like other idol groups do, chekis and merchandise are even seperated and their last album was released online way before the CD version. Whatever, I like it that more and more real musicians are the creative minds behind idol groups, like with Oyasumi Hologram. They don't even care to make idol music.  :twothumbs

Anyways the group I posted latest video sounds nothing like the live one

True! *shock* Worse than Tsuki to Taiyo with its two "personalities", lol

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #951 on: August 26, 2015, 11:24:08 PM »
Speaking of 'the dark side'; this article about Necronomidol provides some interesting insights about your question (and more).

It seems that idolgroups that don't have a regular, permanent producer are just all over the place concerning their musical direction.

The good thing imo is that things can get remarkably experimental for an in essence commercial product.

But the flipside is that groups like YRMRM! don't develop a unique sound of their own but just sound like the band who wrote the song. They just sound like Polysics on one their singles ('Hamidasumo', which is a really fun song by the way) and completely different on their next/previous songs, like you already said.

It must be hard if you're a fan of these kind of groups, you never know what to expect next. I guess they expect people to become a fan because of their image/looks so they can get away with any musical change, how radical it may be? I don't think this stands in the long run.

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #952 on: August 26, 2015, 11:50:17 PM »
I thought the "no boyfriends" was more of an unwritten rule rather than an actual contract clause.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #953 on: August 27, 2015, 08:02:35 AM »
I thought the "no boyfriends" was more of an unwritten rule rather than an actual contract clause.
It is, it's would not be legal to have it in a contract.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #954 on: August 27, 2015, 08:02:05 PM »
It must be hard if you're a fan of these kind of groups, you never know what to expect next. I guess they expect people to become a fan because of their image/looks so they can get away with any musical change, how radical it may be? I don't think this stands in the long run.
It is like that with me. I can't stand a group, that has no musical identity and switches genres to the recent trend or whatever. They can experiment with other genres but the main direction, their musical identity so to speak, should always be recognisable and stay the priority.

Thanks for the link on the Necronomidol interview. Good insight. And Sari :twothumbs

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #955 on: August 28, 2015, 07:13:07 AM »
Don't forget to watch the @JAM Livestream of Pineapple Stage. Starts tomorrow (08.29) at 10 Japan Time.

http://tokyogirlsupdate.com/atjam/expo2015/livestream/

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #956 on: August 29, 2015, 04:01:30 AM »
There's no Japan Expo LA as far as I know . . . The only Japan Expos in the US where near where I live and this year got canceled.

Well, then I wonder what the whole competition is for... cuz is explicitly states Japan Expo 2015 in Los Angeles..... http://fivestars.co.jp/event__japan-expo2015__top/

Edit: oh the link from there goes to http://www.japanexpousa.jp/
17-18 October 2015 at Los Angeles Convention Centre

Lolisyn are going to it!!!

Japan Expo, 17-18 October 2015, Los Angeles Convention Centre

Acts going are SOLIDEMO/JAWEYE/Lolisyn/柊木りお (Hiiragi Rio)/長内映里 (Osanai Eri)

There's also a pre-expo show on the 16th at UTB Hall with all those acts.

http://www.japanexpousa.jp/
http://www.lolisyn564.com/schedule/

If you didn't know, Lolisyn are my favourite idol group nowadays, they have a thread here: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=38654.0
I hope this first overseas trip is a success for them so that more will follow!
But I worry, that if people here were unaware of the existence of this expo... that attendance as a whole will be low...

Chihiro

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #957 on: August 29, 2015, 08:45:17 AM »
Yea, I had to tell QwiksXnd about it, an LA citizen, and even he didn't know about it. But to be honest, in terms of idols it is pretty low key. Not one popular group in the line up. No affront against Lolisyn. Chu-Z would have been the same. Too bad they can't go there. Could have otherwise traveled there and just concentrate on them XD
I wish Lolisyn luck too, as it is still unusual for underground idols of this genre to get display outside Japan. Make sure to wish them luck on it on your forthcoming trip. And teach them the LA sign ;)
Though I fear that idol audience will be low and even those people there expect the cutesy ones. I still see reserve from organisators for further overseas trips. In terms of "J-music" is still only Visual Kei and "exotic, kawaii" acts for them. Not to forget the focus at such Expos on Games and Anime. Idols are still a niche with them. I want an Idol Expo, in Stockholm! :panic:

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #958 on: August 31, 2015, 10:16:41 PM »

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #959 on: September 01, 2015, 10:43:48 AM »
Someone needs to get on updating the English page because otherwise what is the point of having the event?

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AOA - 10 Seconds