JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - Saying I Love You

Author Topic: video editing software question  (Read 1963 times)

Offline Genesis

• ecchi
  • Member+
video editing software question
« on: July 26, 2007, 08:16:59 PM »
What software is out there that would allow me to combine videos side by side to make a video displaying both at the same time? Also I'd like to have the audio from each video come out from the L and R channels separately.

I'm only experienced in using PowerDirector for editing and vdub for encoding. I'm thinking about picking up either Vegas or Premiere, would either of those programs have the feature I'm looking for?

Offline thatguy

• キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ !!!!!
  • Member+
Re: video editing software question
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 01:06:21 AM »
I know for sure Premiere would have it, it would be part of the effects package. But Premiere has a very steep price point for just one feature (unless you're planning on pirating it, of course).

I have only limited use with Vegas; I used the early version which didn't offer much more than an easy-to-use interface, but I have heard the latest version has undergone a lot of changes, so it may still be worth checking out.

Since the work you describe is concerned with effects, you may also consider After Effects (instead of Premiere).

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 01:42:08 AM »
I use Vegas 6.0 and you can do just what you're looking to do. Vegas is the only program I've used so far, so I don't have any experience with anything else. D:

Offline Genesis

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 03:04:59 AM »
Thanks for your replies. I was hoping there might be a simpler/free program out there, but I've yet to find one. But I'm glad to know either Premiere or Vegas has the feature I'm looking for. I'll check them out and see how it goes. Thanks for the info!

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 03:24:48 AM »
You can do what you want with vdub in combination with AviSynth, but it wouldn't be particularily easy.  Lots of manual scripting with avisynth.  It is possible to do it with free stuff, just not as easily.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - Saying I Love You