JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Detroit7 - Owari Wa Hajimari

Author Topic: Battle Star Galactica  (Read 52519 times)

Offline l4tran

Battle Star Galactica
« on: March 08, 2007, 05:23:26 PM »
I just finish downloading 12.6 gigs of season 1,2 and half of season 3.  I just wanted to say, its great.  I was always a fan of Sci-fi.  I only have one complaint with regards to BSG.  Why cant they put more efforts into the special effects department.  If you take a look at startrek, everything they do in terms of technology is more advance than what we have today.  In BSG, it seems that the technology they are using is pretty much the same as what we have.  Ok beside the space ships, and the cruisers everything else is pretty much the same.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 09:56:45 AM by Masa »

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Battle Star Galactica fan?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 06:52:16 PM »
Its called 'style'.

ST was for showing a happy future tech (and had a big budget to develop gadgets).

BSG is '40 year old' military tech that still functions while using chewing gum and tape to keep the human race alive.

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 11:13:59 PM »
Did they just *********************?  That was quite a shocker - I thought she would just retire...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 04:03:22 AM by chera »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 05:29:57 AM »
Quote from: chera;325045
Did they just kill off Starbuck?  
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA???? :shocked:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 07:33:30 AM »
It was about time. I haven't liked her character since the first season. She'll be back, though...

Baba Booey

Offline gimmeryce

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 08:36:57 AM »
i only watch it because grace park is in it haha

Offline thatguy

• キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ !!!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 10:24:25 AM »
l4tran:
it's discussed in the director's cut of the miniseries dvd. for one, the CG is cut back because of the style of the series. it's supposed to be a rag-tag fleet, with set designs that mimic real-life submarines (there is no "commander's seat" as in star trek, it's more believable as technology that can exist). also, bsg is much more heavily invested in drama than it is in science fiction, so CG was never a big part of the focus. even the FTL is reduced to a simple light flash, rather than the stretching from the warp drives in ST. season 1 episode 1 "33", it's about running from the enemy, not about flashy technology.

anyway, i've been a bsg fan since the miniseries. i actually got a couple forum members hooked in it, as skeptical as they were XD

bsg without kara is going to be hard. no one likes her, but you have to admit she's vital to the fleet's survival. i feel bsg has been taking on elements of LOST, especially with kara's visions as of the last few episodes. it's amazing that the writers would drop off her character in such a dramatic way, but there are so many unanswered questions that i know kara will be back, probably with some epiphane of the road to earth.

Offline Tylosaurus Rex

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 05:36:37 AM »
>_<

Please mark for spoilers!!!!!!! :evil:

Anyway, yeah. I adore this damn show. I recently downloaded season 1, and it had me HOOKED. I still need to start watching season 2. It's one of the best shows on TV right now.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 08:07:55 AM »
Quote from: Tylosaurus Rex;326577
>_<
Then you should shut your eyes also when the flash preview is shown during the title sequence...

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 08:18:17 AM »
Quote from: Tylosaurus Rex;326577
>_<

Sorry about that.... :ONkneelbow:   I missed the broadcast and had to watch it from a torrent, so I thought most people had seen it already.

Offline Tylosaurus Rex

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 03:18:06 AM »
Quote from: chera;326676
Sorry about that.... :ONkneelbow:   I missed the broadcast and had to watch it from a torrent, so I thought most people had seen it already.

Ah, it's OK. I'll get over it. It's not like it's the end of the world. :P

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 07:34:02 AM »
Quote from: BradVickers;325381
It was about time. I haven't liked her character since the first season. She'll be back, though...
I have to get hold of the podcast, but by what is said on mm-bbs it seems they actually wanted to make a big splash and kill her character off...

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 04:44:37 AM »
Not sure if you guys are into spoilers, but this page has a pretty good description of the finale.

http://www.buffistas.org/showthread.php?thread_id=118&post_id=1861
Kind of disappointed by the 4 who were revealed as part of the final 5 cylons. I honestly don't think I'll be watching the show anymore after season 3... I LOVED the mini/first season. Season 2 was ok... Season 3 had maybe 1 or 2 episodes that I liked. Maybe my opinion will change when I see the finale, but I just don't see it happening.

Baba Booey

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2007, 07:39:12 AM »
^ Here is another spoiler page for the finale: http://www.aintitcool.com/?q=node/31923

Hm, yes I'm waiting for the special effects, and I will try season 4 anyway but hm, yes...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Battle Star Galactica fan?
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 10:29:43 AM »
The finale was aired this week here in the UK. I don't mind all this skepticism from fans. I've heard it all before at the end of Season 2 with the five year jump, but as it turns out, the New Caprica storyline was one of the most interesting yet. It's like most cult hits really, there's a certain direction some fans think it should go, and if it doesn't go in that way, then people start to get upset. Personally, I think the revelations were fascinating. The four out of five cylons were revealed and despite stating to remain loyal to the fleet, we all know the cylons have their own agenda. Starbuck actually being alive was kinda expected, but is she actually alive? Or is she only seen to Apollo, like Six is to Baltar? Having Six's own spiritual Baltar tell her about Ellen's death was interesting as we know it doesn't seem to be a figment of their imagination, but is some form of external communication, as Six didn't know about Ellen before. But 'All Along The Watchtower' was the most interesting. How does this tie in to the fleet? The four said they had heard it before, so have they been to Earth already? And if they discover Earth, what time era will it be in? Personally, I can't wait for Season 4.

Offline vicmu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2007, 07:13:12 AM »
so who do you think is the final cylon?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 01:05:37 PM »
So it's official, the next season of Battlestar will be the last ever

I'm fine with that. 4 seasons is fine, and I don't want BS to fall into mediocrity as more and more seasons continue. Now, there will be an end, a definate end, which means the producers are likely to pull out all the stops in the 22 episodes. I cannot wait.

Offline jimmy

• I'm not a cat
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007, 08:41:10 PM »
So it's official, the next season of Battlestar will be the last ever

I'm fine with that. 4 seasons is fine, and I don't want BS to fall into mediocrity as more and more seasons continue. Now, there will be an end, a definate end, which means the producers are likely to pull out all the stops in the 22 episodes. I cannot wait.

Hopefully that will mean no meaningless filler episodes, which seemed to be a staple of season 3. Overall though it's a good show and I can't wait to see how it ends.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 09:06:52 PM »
^ I really don't think so. The best thing about Season 1 was that there were no 'fillers'. The story progressed with each episode, while Season 2 and 3 were bogged down by a couple of 'fillers' (Black Market = Worst BSG Episode Ever). Because the series is coming to a definite close, I think we will see no fillers at all, as many questions need to be answered, e.g. What do the other 4 Cylon models have in plan? Who's the 5th model? Why can Baltar only see a very real No.Six and vice-versa? What purpose does Hera have? And more importantly, will they find Earth? With 22 episodes, I can only assume the season will start with pace and will not let up until the last. That's why I cannot wait.

Offline jimmy

• I'm not a cat
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2007, 01:41:24 AM »
^ I really don't think so. The best thing about Season 1 was that there were no 'fillers'. The story progressed with each episode, while Season 2 and 3 were bogged down by a couple of 'fillers' (Black Market = Worst BSG Episode Ever). Because the series is coming to a definite close, I think we will see no fillers at all, as many questions need to be answered

I agree about there being no filler in season 1, I was talking about season 3 although there were some in season 2 in my opinion which  featured "scar", which is, imo, the worst episode yet, although Black Market was awful too.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Detroit7 - Owari Wa Hajimari