JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Minami Takahashi - ITSUKA

Author Topic: Do It For Denmark!  (Read 6173 times)

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Do It For Denmark!
« on: March 27, 2014, 11:50:31 PM »
Plummeting birth rates seem to be a sign of the times - A Danish travel agency has decided to take matters into their own hands and do something about it. In a very disturbing way.

... yup. This is a travel agency using birth rates and sex to boost their sales.

They give discounts to couples who travel when they're ovulating. Couples are then entered into a competition. If they get pregnant and can prove that conception took place during the vacation with said travel agency, they may win three years worth of baby stuff.

Their mini site even offers helpful tips on HOW TO GET PREGNANT.

I just... can't with this. I don't even know where to begin. I keep staring at the site hoping it's some sort of prank or satirical work of art, but nope, this is actually happening.

The argument of "if we don't procreate, there'll be no one to take care of us when we're old" always pops up whenever this issue is under discussion, though I take more issue with these people insisting that overpopulation will somehow work out for the people we leave behind. It doesn't make sense. Where is the proof that procreation is the better option?

I guess it could be worse. At least it's not a national campaign, that would have been terrifying. On the other hand it's sort of disturbing that this is a valid sales campaign and completely legal competition. I find it rather irresponsible.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 01:41:00 AM by twissie »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Do It For Denmark! - Natalism on the Rise
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 09:25:29 PM »
The ad's really weird too

Girl: "Here, this is the room I was conceived in!" Uhhhhhhhh... I think it's a pretty silly ad, but you know what they say, sex sells.

Pretty sad to see the kind of comments that are allowed on the Youtube video, where racism and xenophobia reign supreme.

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Re: Do It For Denmark! - Natalism on the Rise
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 05:47:24 PM »
I haven't had the stomach to look at the video, let alone get within ten feet (... websites?) of any comment pages related to the videos. I am surprised there doesn't seem to be any parodies yet?

The premise of the campaign is actually spot on, though. Most Scandinavians (apparently) are conceived while on holiday ....why do we even live up here :lol: why would we want more people to live here? :lol:

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Minami Takahashi - ITSUKA