JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: DJ Ozma - One Night

Author Topic: "QUOTES TO INSPIRE" Thread  (Read 3325 times)

Offline Rakko

• Dr. OtterPuss, M.D.
  • Member+
"QUOTES TO INSPIRE" Thread
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2007, 02:43:41 PM »
“If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.”- Albert Einstein

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2007, 03:23:39 PM »
I am become Death, destroyer of worlds.

Robert J. Oppenheimer. Doesn't really make much sense out of context, but he said it after the first ever nuclear test (to put it into perspective).

Offline num2son

• Member+
  • Nice to be Important but more Important to be Nice
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 03:46:06 AM »
12 Jewels

“As they teach in Mathematics, all men should seek the twelve jewels of life:  Knowledge, Wisdom, Understand, Freedom, Justice, Equality, Food, Clothing, Shelter, Love, Peace, and Happiness.

A man must first obtain knowledge. And knowledge will lead him to wisdom—his ways, actions, and the way he speaks. A man who knows how to speak can bring forth understanding whether or not he’s free. Once you’re mentally free you’re going to automatically know how to be physically free. But freedom operates under a law of justice. You may be free to smack somebody in the face, but then the law of justice will apply, meaning they can smack you back Justice is a self-balancing scale that makes all men deal with one another with equality.

So then you can live as a man – whether you’re doing business or farming-you can step into this world, look for your food, clothing, and shelter. And the only thing to achieve after that is love, peace, and happiness. Once you have love, you’re going to look for peace. What’s love without peace? If you love somebody and they don’t love you? Then what you get is war. People spread love without peace, or peace without love - what results is always a form of war. Happiness is complete satisfaction with yourself. If you have to keep looking outside yourself for happiness you’ll never find it.

So my first goal is to achieve all those jewels for myself. And what I want for myself I want for my brothers - The Clan. And then, I want it for all mankind. That’s been my mission from day one – it just keeps evolving to the next step.”

- The RZA
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 03:33:41 PM by num2son »

Designed by Miichan

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: DJ Ozma - One Night