JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Veltpunch - Standing Ovation

Author Topic: The Morning Musume 9th Generation Thread  (Read 164762 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: [NEWS] Morning Musume 9th Generation Auditions
« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2010, 05:33:47 PM »
AAAAAAAAAGHHH SO EVIL AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Mole girl was so cute ;_;

Names and ages:

生田衣梨奈 Erina Ikuta, 13 (ponytail girl)
鈴木香音 Kanon Suzuki, 12 (mole girl)
鞘師里保 Riho Sayashi, 12 (been dancing since she was 6)
茂木美奈実 Minami Mogi, 11 (quirky girl)
大塚愛菜 Aina Otsuka, 12 (full lips girl)

More b/abbleage soon

OK this is based on what I saw and heard in an extremely bad quality stream:

Erina - I liked her dancing from what I could see lol. Singing was 2nd worst, voice weak and cracks.
Kanon was ADORABLE AT EVERYTHING. She's so earnest, smiled all the time.. She looked like she loved every second of it. If she doesn't get picked I will be disappointed, even if I'll support whoever gets picked.. But she's the one I want most now!
Riho - Great energetic dancer as expected, possibly the strongest voice but nothing great. Would be a safe choice but who knows eh?
Minami - Had EXTREME difficulties both at learning the dance and singing.. She has no confidence. But was able to do her recording session and the dance performance at the end. Somehow I find her endearing and was rooting for her. She was the weakest singer tho, voice cracking, but this could be tied to her lack of confidence too.
Aina - Didn't find her very memorable among the other girls, also she wasn't clearly the worst or best singer or dancer.

Can't wait to see this in better quality!

I'm actually very nervous for all of them. I kind of wish all of them will make it, or if I had to let one go then Aina, just because she didn't stand out. But the reason why she didn't stand out might be because the stream skipped when she was on camera or something, too. :lol:

SO EVIL. NOW HAVE TO WAIT LIKE 10 MORE DAYS TO HEAR WHO MADE IT. I thought by the time January starts I could be focusing on other things to be a nervewreck about :lol:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 05:56:36 PM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2010, 05:42:51 PM »
Ack! I just saw it. It's the first time as a fan watching the audition process live. Nerve wracking stuff.

I like quirky/crying girl (Minami). I like Riho too, but she seems a bit too polished, which could be a bad thing. Ahh, they're all cute. I wish they all make it.

Bring on 2011!!!

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2010, 06:11:47 PM »
Dunno. Tsunku will reveal it January 2nd in a Hello! Project concert.
raise your hand if you saw this coming... ... ...

OMG must admit i agree with all that feel tsunku-trolled... then no new adds to momusu until next year :\ i still bet on a 5 nin generation

ok ok from the commets and pics i say ponytail girl and mole girl might be the ones with more chances imo... but since tsunku is on charge of this then WTF NO IDEA i'll just wait

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2010, 06:45:33 PM »

Screencap bonanza from the episode, while waiting for tubes and rips.  :P

Erina Ikuta, 13

Kanon Suzuki, 12

Riho Sayashi, 12

Minami Mogi, 11

Aina Otsuka, 12

Offline Meania

• shooting for the stars~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2010, 06:54:38 PM »
! D: I can't imagine who they won't put in, so maybe a 5nin generation...

But I feel like adding just 3 or 4 would be good enough then have another audition later in the year-- I'm suprised that they are all so young this time!! D:

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2010, 07:00:07 PM »
Now, without seeing a proper version of the episode yet and going by hoppy stream and audio and screencaps...

MAN... I want Riho to make it through!

She's super cute (just check out the caps 2 posts above), a fierce dancer and even sang the best out of the bunch from what I could hear. I don't care if she's boring as a rock, MM sure could use a new potential frontgirl.

I also like Kanon, she's really cute too.. she seems to have a really fun personality, smiles a lot and singing-wise she was up there with Riho in the recording bit.

Still kinda indifferent about the rest, although I haven't seen anything of Mogi that I find appealing. Seriously. Also, Erina totally slaughtered my ears in the studio bit.  XD

But this is all still initial, let's see how I feel after I see the episode properly.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2010, 07:11:49 PM »
I'm here to babble more based on caps!

What do you see in this pic (aside from acne which is normal to a girl her age)?

I see a girl who doesn't want to be there. :/
She's pretty and all, and I won't have hard feelings if she passes the audition and starts giving it her all....
But GIRL... If you don't want to be there, stop wasting my time, as I also said in IRC about her :P
EDIT: Unfair commentary: she was told to sing like she felt like crying so of course her face is serious there. And the one cap is of her being nervous before their final dance. Context o/

ADORABLE KANON IS ADORABLE

Riho :3

Aina could be comical relief? lol

Minami seems to have a lot of haters already but I don't think she looks that bad when she's not singing or crying

Kinda reminds me of Koharu a little sometimes; teeth are a little scary but whatevs.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 08:17:20 PM by shirenu »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2010, 07:29:53 PM »

And here we go!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2010, 08:09:03 PM »
^ Ok some of my screencap comments are off now XD Tsunku actually asked Erina to sing like she felt like crying, so of course her face was serious. Same thing goes for Minami, and why Kanon was so SUPER GENKI while singing cuz I assume she was told to smile. Aina was told to smile too, but she didn't really pull it off.

I guess he told different things to different girls... Also during their dance, I think they were encouraged to show expression as well, hence the extremely forced smile on Erina LOL

After watching it in better quality, I have mixed feelings about Minami. I mean the story about her mom saying DAME!! in the car if she screwed up while practicing the song was kinda funny, and she did learn the dance and the song and I suppose it took her a lot to overcome herself to be able to do that. But at the same time, her uselessness and excuses were straining to watch during the training period.

I'm aiming not to have any grudges towards whomever is chosen based on just their audition, because they will only get better, but there are some doubts towards certain girls yeah.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 08:22:34 PM by shirenu »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2010, 08:30:32 PM »
I feel pretty much the same way after watching the proper rips. I hope Riho and Kanon get in, but I wouldn't really mind if any or all of the rest of them got in too.

Shouldn't really get attached to 'em yet, who knows what Tsunku is looking for. Although now that there's still 10 days 'til the announcement, I'm thinking maybe he's still trying to figure it out. Maybe he'll actually take fan(wota) feedback into consideration. xD

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2010, 08:49:42 PM »
^ Same here... I want Riho and Kanon too in MM! They look cute and can sing & dance! :D
But of course, if Tsunku wants the other girls then it would be them...

Anyway, my favorites are Riho and Kanon! :DD

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2010, 08:50:22 PM »
Wboy runs after the 9th gen train...   :panic:

Rihoooo ... or Kanon.  8)2

Hell, why don't take them both, Tsunku ?

Offline mske

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • passive_user123
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2010, 08:53:36 PM »
I think none of the finalists fits into MM because of their age. If new members have to be added, they should be at least 18 in 2011.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 09:00:36 PM by mske »
new posts on this forum can be followed using page http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=recent, which registered users can filter with Ignore Boards Options http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=profile;area=ignoreboards

Offline 楊枝君

• データが出た!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ももち
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2010, 10:48:10 PM »
I love all of them  :heart: I hope they all get in, but even if they don't, I'll be happy with the girls who get added. I can't wait for the announcement!
Veni Vidi Wiki

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2010, 02:45:16 AM »
The only one I'm not liking at the moment is Riho.  She feels like a little-miss-perfect-that-gets-everything-she-wants type of person XD 
Kanon is pretty funny (though I hate her skit from hotaru no hikari...darn that show XD)
Mogi reminds me soo much of Koharu.  I feel sorry for the girl.
Erina and Aina seem okay...didn't leave the biggest impression on me though.  If Erina gets in, I hope they don't start calling her Eri   :(

I'm fine with 4 out of 5 of them...well I'm fine with Riho getting in too, I just wouldn't like her XD

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2010, 04:36:14 AM »
Riho is cute, and Aina reminds me of this girl I know. lol But honestly...I think they are ALL too young. :nervous I mean, Ai-chan is 24, yes? Which means whoever wins could be up to 13 years younger than her. That's like...Ai could be their young teenage mama. XD

Idk, we'll see who wins. I'm not that mean, I'd warm up to them. :P

This is all based on not watching any of the videos...so I'll go and do that now. :nervous

Edit: Ok, based on the video, I still like Riho. :lol: I agree with Sukoshi that she feels like the "I get everything I want" kind of girl but I still think she has a good chance. Her dancing is far better than the rest (with obvious reasons why) and her singing is decent. lol I don't like Erina that much, she's pretty good at dancing but her singing hurts and she looks kinda bitchy. XD Aina's singing was ok, I kinda liked it. Her arms looked Reina-skinny when she was dancing. XD Wouldn't mind if she won. Kanon...don't like her much. She blinked like crazy during the dancing and I don't like her singing. I didn't like her outfits either, but that's beside the point. :P Minami, I don't know what to make of her. She's very cute and makes one of the best :3 faces. Her dancing was cute, once she actually got all of the moves down. Her singing was meh, but maybe she was really nervous. I would be most concerned about her in terms of handling the pressure that comes with being an idol.

My votes: Riho and Aina :grin:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 06:02:54 AM by strawb3rrykream »

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2010, 08:14:45 AM »
IRC epiphany...

[22:42] <+J-Triumf> I just realized the confusion that may possibly erupt if cheekmole girl wins
[22:42] <+Slack> honestly though, the other two didn't make that strong an impression on me
[22:43] <+J-Triumf> she looks like Mano/Sayu/etc.
[22:43] <+J-Triumf> her first name is Kanon
[22:43] <+Slack> she looks different enough from different angles though
[22:43] <+J-Triumf> her last name is Suzuki
[22:43] *** DaViNCHI has joined #jph!p
[22:43] <~daigong> Turtles fight with HONOR!
[22:43] <@daigong69> Turtles fight with HONOR!
[22:43] <+Slack> but it's a different "ka"
[22:43] <+J-Triumf> it would be like combining all of them into one
[22:43] <+Slack> BY YOUR POWERS COMBINED, I AM LITTLE-MISS-CHEEK-MOLE-GIRL
[22:44] <+Slack> GO CHEEK-MOLE-GIRL
[22:44] <+Shin_Asuka> Voltron Away
[22:44] <+Slack> subconscious is running willy nilly tonight
[22:44] <+J-Triumf> maybe this means she'll win
[22:44] <+J-Triumf> forget having what it takes to be part of Hello Project...she IS Hello Project
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Online Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2010, 10:51:05 AM »
My favorites out of the finalists is pretty set after this special.

1. Kanon
2. Riho
3. Erina
4. Aina
5. Minami

I'm kinda afraid of liking Kanon too much though. We all know how crazy Tsunku Decisions™ are and I'm wary of putting all my eggs in one basket, so to speak.
So I guess it's unsurprising I have the most to say about her.

Kanon is cute, with resemblances to several other members from certain angles, which is what j-tri alluded to above.
Yet her looks are distinctive enough to be memorable in a crowd.  I vaguely remember seeing her face in the extremely limited coverage of the previous rounds.
Memorable and distinctive are very good traits to have in an idol.
She has the guts to do something different to stand out, like do a crazy skit for her 3rd round audition:

She seems like she's always smiling and I can't help but focus on her.
The way she responded to being challenged seems to indicate she's a tough cookie.
And last but not least, she seems to have the slightly busty body type Tsunku seems to like. (See Konkon, Mittsy, "Manjyuu Musume", etc.)

Riho is little miss perfect. She seems to have everything you'd want in an idol, which has me worried for her. (Given how erratic Tsunku can be in his decisions.)
On the other hand, the way the special was edited seemed to focus on her and seemed to suggest that she's one of the favorites behind the scenes too.

Erina is kinda "eh" to me.
From certain angles I think she looks like Kanna or Miuna, but like Shi said, she didn't seem like she really wanted to be there all the time.

Aina left little impression on me the first time I watched the special, and the second time wasn't much different.
Her shifty eyes and droopy cheeks were probably the parts I remember the most.
But then again, these specials tend to focus on hardships and special triumphs which means maybe it's just a sign that she was doing ok
In any case though, not standing out doesn't bode well for a future idol.

Minami, quite frankly, scares the heck out of me.
More specifically, her teeth do. She's like a shark or vampire or something.

She also cried a lot and it was just painful watching her recording session.
But these feelings make me feel guilty that I'm being too shallow and/or hard on her.
It's like I'm torn between feeling pity, guilt, and fear for this girl.
Aside from that, my mom (who knows jack about idols) liked her and hoped she'd make it.
If she can get that kind of reaction from a non-fan, it makes me think maybe she has a decent chance after all.
Tsunku has been known to pick the extreme underdogs as a wild card before.  All those times turned out pretty good, imo.

So that got me thinking more about the "put them all into Morining Musume" option.
On the one hand, it seems like something Tsunku would do, and these finalists might all do decently.
On the other hand, that would fill up the 10-member quota that Tsunku said he didn't want to pass again.
And that means that we'd be guaranteed another grad before more members are added. This prospect makes me sad.

What I'd like to see the most though is Kanon and Riho to Morning Musume w/ some egg additions.
As it is, if any of them are picked, it's quite a large age gap between them (11-13) and the next youngest, Mittsy (17).

Who fits the 14-16 age range and does a good job in the Eggs?
SAHO AKARI.
I'm sure Shirenu would LOVE this to happen.
(I'd also like Fukumura Mizuki, but that's just me.)
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2010, 11:34:22 AM »
My feelings keep going back and forth. Sometimes I want all of them, sometimes just a couple, sometimes I already feel fed up with the whole topic. hahahaah

I still want AKARI SAHO, but considering the AKBdrama with Erina, general hate with Minami, wonder girl love with Riho, and Kanon cuteness, she would have a hard time standing out if all those other girls made it, too (Aina I don't see as a threat). It would almost be like she was an afterthought, unless they created more drama with the Egg addition. So I guess there won't be Eggs entering Momusu... idk.

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2010, 06:50:22 PM »
^
I feel the same, shi. I considered all of them getting chosen...and then none of them. XD I guess we'll just have to see what Tsunku decides, and hope that it works out.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Veltpunch - Standing Ovation