JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Toe - Goodbye (album version)

Author Topic: [CHI] Dayo Wong Chi-Wah 黃子華  (Read 18883 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
[CHI] Dayo Wong Chi-Wah 黃子華
« on: August 31, 2009, 10:24:18 AM »

The second funniest man in Hong Kong deserves props!! Esp. when he gave a shout out to JPHiP XD

He was in town for a charity stand up concert thingy. :thumbsup

Dayo Wong Chi-Wah (traditional Chinese: 黃子華), born 5 September 1960, is a Hong Kong actor, comedian, singer and screenwriter.

He gained a degree in philosophy from the University of Alberta   :bow:  in Canada. He began his entertainment career in Hong Kong in 1984, but only became known since 1990 for his stand-up comedy. Since then he has starred in TV dramas and films, and recorded his own album.

Chinese name 黃子華 (Traditional)
Born 5 September 1960 (1960-09-05)  in Hong Kong
Occupation Actor, Comedian, Singer, Screenwriter

Links
IMDB
Wikipedia
http://www.lovehkfilm.com/people/wong_dayo.htm

From Free Men Show  with buddy/protege Cheung Tat Ming to hit TVB Shows with Carol Cheng in "War of Genders" DUDE IS HILARIOUS. His "Siu Keung (Cockroach)" song is all about being a strong willed person.

好戲一台+黃子華

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI] Dayo Wong Chi-Wah 黃子華
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 10:24:46 AM »
new series!!

TVB 絕代商驕 宣傳片 鯰魚效應Q&A (TVB Channel)

You’re hired 绝代商骄

Cast: Dayo Wong, Charmaine Sheh, Michael Tse, Teresa Lee, Benz Hui, Power Chan, Mandy Cho, Bak Biao, Cheung Kwok Keung, Joel Chan, Queenie Chu, Koni Lui
Genre: Modern/ Comedy
Episodes: 22
Release date: 10 August 2009
Filmed: September 2008
Producer: Cheung Kin Man
Scriptwriter: Chu King Kei & Suen Ho Ho

Synopsis
High-flier MAK TAI SONG (Dayo Wong Tze Wah) has dissociated himself from the business world by showing deep regret to the suicide of his mentor. Later, he learns that his mentor’s wife SHE MO LIN (Theresa Lee) is in great debt and he starts selling “business tactics” to the trader TONG KAT (Benz Hui Shiu Hung) for LIN’s debt recovery. Deadbeat SONG refuses to take a full time job and that makes his income change from day to day. A tough collection agent, LAM MIU MIU (Charmaine Sheh), tries every means to push him into a corner. They keep playing tricks on each other and finally become a pair of rival lovers.

By chance, SONG meets his uterine brother ON CHO LIN (Michael Tse Tin Wah). He thereby recalls the tragic memories of the past when his mother deserted him and his father. This triggers the hatred hidden deep inside his heart and leads him to seek revenge against ON’s family. SONG’s abrupt change has left MIU feeling confused.

商界黑武士麦提爽(黄子华)连累恩师轻生,黯然退出商界,但闻悉恩师的妻子佘慕莲(李綺红)因而负债累累,惟以卖” 桥”给商人唐吉(许绍雄)赚取报酬代慕莲还债,但他爱耍个性拒做上班族,导致收入不稳,日夜遭收数妹林淼淼(佘诗曼)死缠烂打,两人尔虞我诈,你追我跑,遂成一对欢喜冤家。

直至提爽遇上同母异父的弟弟安祖连(谢天华),勾起当年被母亲拋夫弃子的惨痛回忆,突然性情大变,逐步向安家上下大开杀戒,一向多计的淼淼也无所适从,看不清提爽的葫芦到底在卖什么药..

Synopsis Credits to : Astro on Demand

KING OF THE WORLD!!  :theking

Dayo's TV shows are CLASSICS.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 05:40:00 AM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 08:22:12 AM »
FUCK YEAH!! he's doing stand up show in Canada again, hurry before tickets are sold out!!

黃子華加拿大慈善棟篤笑「嘩眾取寵」AD
黃子華加拿大慈善棟篤笑「嘩眾取寵」
^ it translates, "...full of new stand up material. People ask me, what's this show about...well you sound like u don't believe me. If you believe in AIG and Nortel, why won't you believe me? Just come to my show" LOL

10/25 Calgary, Southern Jubilee
11/1 Vancouver, Orpheum
11/8 Edmonton, Northern Jubilee
11/13 Toronto, Roy Thomson Hall

Email: info@cantonproductions.com
Canada: 604-331-4488 or 604-635-1018

GET TIX: http://www.cantonproductions.com/canton/entertainment/38_poster.html

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 10:25:33 AM »
Anyone catch him on tour in Canada?!
黃子華 澄清

TOO LATE he's back in HK.
Dayo Wong doesn't know he is nominated for TV King award

Dayo Wong is nominated for the Best Male actor award for TV series "You're Hired". Yesterday he returned from Canada to attend an event. He stated that he didn't know he was nominated for the award. "I am included in the nominee's list? I didn't know that, I thought the show was over! (Not yet) "Comedy's won't get awards". (Is it because your not TVB's biological son?) "Nothing to do with that". (Then who do you think will receive the award?) "Wayne Lai! He deserves it". (How about Best Female?) "I haven't seen their performances. I don't have the right to comment".

He expressed that he hasn't been in Hong Kong for 1 month therefore hasn't focused on any Hong Kong's news reports. The reporter asked if he would be attending the award ceremony? He replied "I have just returned to Hong Kong and not sure if I have time in my schedule". (Would he request TVB to arrange another type of role for him to play?) "This isn't for me to say, it's the audience". (Action movie?) "Many people have said I resemble Donnie Yen, let's not talk about that as he might not be happy about it!".

Source: On.cc
Translation: matchbox @ http://illusive-serenity.forumotion.net/

明報:黃子華睇好黎耀祥做視帝

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 04:56:33 AM »
dayo wong picking up vivian chow - best pick up line ever! from Top Banana Club (1996)
黃子華棟篤笑 黄子华泡妞有术 令周慧敏都无法招架 - 视频 - 优酷视频 - 在线观看

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 09:58:04 PM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 12:30:13 PM »
Dayo Wong uses "lan gag" to tease William So
Posted by eujean lee

Dayo Wong Zhi Wah appeared as a guest for cable TV's program " Big Four Happiness". He laughed at William So for being the only member that has divorced before, and when would he "Give Fun" (Git Fun- marry in cantonese) again. William didn't know how to respond at that time. Dayo Wong Zhi Wah expressed that William and him are very close, "We were filming in the Mainland last time, we tried celebrating Mid-Autumn Festival together on a rickshaw, enjoying the moon with a mooncake.

He said, " Actually there's a big pressure being a guest because we don't know what would they be asking. Before this I attended Stephen Chan's program (志雲飯局), I nearly wanted to cry. I made preparations before I came this time, prepared some questions, when the time comes, I can throw back questions at them." (You want to be a host?) "Hosting this sort of program, either you have alot of friends, or you are an executive, I don't have much friends, the most I can record is four episodes. If I really host, the best is to film scenes at other countries, can play while I interview, when the guest is not focussed, I can ask about their true feelings."

Source: Oriental Daily
Translator: Eujean Lee @ TVB News World

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 06:57:18 AM »
He CRACKS ME UP!!!!!!

SPIT DA TRUTH BROTHER!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 09:51:08 AM »
new stand up in Hong kong!

Dayo Wong's exposes that an actress refused to kiss him

Dayo Wong's 1 of 8 20th ANNIVERSARY STAND UP COMEDY SHOW 2010 kicked off in Hong Kong Coliseum the night before. He splatted out his own history of bitterness in the entertainment industry and took artists' hiding marriage, cheatings and Tony Leung's Lust. Caution to joke with, making the entire venue burst in laughter. That night, it was full house with many artists who went to support Dayo. Artists who attended the show includes: Carol Cheng, Sean Lau and his wife Amy Kwok, Francis Ng, Wayne Lai's family of 3, Monica Chan, Jordan Chan and Yoyo Mung.

Carol Cheng tells him to fix his looks

Dayo practically didn't change the whole night, he only took off his jacket twice and made it into 3 different outfits, then had fireworks on stage. He recalls he became popular from TVB sitcom War of Genders, a collaboration with Carol. Back then, Carol said to him: "Dayo, you really are popular now, but really need to fix up your looks!" At the time, he was so hurt because he already "fixed his looks". The Carol below the stage heard his joke and pretended to be mad.

Once crown as "box office poison"

Later, he filmed several different movies, the box office suffered greatly and therefore was crown as 'box office poison'. Because of this, no one asked him to film another movie in 4 years. He also reveals that one time someone said: "Why you look like a pig! Blocking the way!" After they said that, he would then sing the ridiculing Piggy Blocking The Way. He then exposed that a female artist used "for religious reasons" and refused to do a kiss scene with him, but later he discovered that she was okay with doing a kiss scene with Alan Tam.

Dayo then too the artists in the industry like Andy Lau and Charlene Choi hiding their marriages and other affairs as a topic. He said he doesn't understand why the artists had to apologize? Like Ekin Cheng, whatever he does wrong, he won't apologize to the public, but instead uses his famous "Gangster" (koo wak jai) to apologize.

He also taked a lot about the outstanding actors once had to do 'take off pants' scenes, like Sean Lau, Francis Ng also Tong Leung in Lust. Caution. Besides playing a traitor, he also played "International Pianist Master Long Long". Dayo joked that the scene required him to reveal his "long long" and that his "long long" is not afraid of oven fire, just one request - is to find a good makeup artist to make his "long long" nice looking. Finally, he happily said that it's finally a dream come true that he can sit in the first row of HK Coliseum and now he is on stage, he is greatly thankful of fans. Also, the whole night he made up all of his own "trendy words".

Source: Mingpao
Translator: aZnangel@AEU

HILARIOUS :rofl:

He's going to Vacnouver and Toronto! Don't miss out fuckers!

https://cantonpr.ehost.com/canton/entertainment/wtw/wtw_poster.html

Offline zrro13

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 03:04:16 AM »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 06:46:55 PM »
WOW! Dayo Wong fans, GJ zrro13 :thumbsup

He is underrated for a comedic actor, fuckers find him annoying when they don't get his sarcastic tone. Look at "All Of A Sudden / 惊变" with Simon Yam Tat-wah, he plays a goofy detective who tells his colleagues not to call him "Ah Sir" but "Ah Say" aka "Servant" lol

here some HQ pix of his stand up tour:

Offline ccfccc

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 07:01:17 PM »

Offline ccfccc

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 07:03:23 PM »

黃子華《機場篇》

Offline ccfccc

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 07:04:33 PM »

黃子華棟篤笑-股市凶兆 [Stock wisdom]

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 09:49:43 AM »
FINALLY!!

Dayo Wong in new TVB Series
 Posted by lucychoi559

It has been widely rumored Dayo Wong will be back to shoot a TVB series this year, aside from the opportunity to work with his You're Hired! partner Charmaine Sheh again, producer Tsui Wing Hong also had intentions tho shoot a sequel to 2000's popular sitcom War of Genders with Dodo Cheng. However, it was understood Dayo is actually returning to TVB in April for producer Man Wai Hung's new modern comedy series. The female leads are Kate Tsui and Sharon Chan. Dayo will continue his light-hearted and humorous acting style in the new series. The other cast includes comedian Louis Yuen, Benz Hui, Jazz Lam, "Siu Bo" May Chan and Elena Kong.

Producer Man Wai Hung previously worked on You're Hired! with Dayo, yesterday he accepted a telephone interview and when asked if he has intentions to bring Dayo and Charmaine back to 'continue their fate'? Producer Man frankly expressed: "We really wanted to get Charmaine back, but she couldn't make it work on her schedule." As for Dayo making his comeback, does he have any special requests or opinions? He said: "He's very nice, we had pleasant discussions. Earlier Dayo was busy with his comedy show world tour, but now we are planning the concept, story and direction of the series together."

Kate Tsui, who is paired up with Dayo in the series, expressed she cannot describe how happy she is. She said: "I have many friends who are Dayo fans. I believe after the news comes out, my friends will be visiting us on the set all the time. However, I'm still listening to the story and haven't seen Dayo yet." Reporters teased she replaced Charmaine, she said: "Impossible, how am I qualified? But having this opportunity, I will definitely give it my greatest effort." Kate expressed she knows Dayo is a very serious artist and most of his series have been highly rated and well acclaimed, so she's feeling stressed and nervous.

The other female lead, Sharon Chan, frankly expressed she greatly admires Dayo's talent and really looks forward to work with him. In the series, Sharon plays Kate's good friend, but has a crush on Dayo. They'll end up in a complicated love triangle. She said: "I watch Dayo's stand-up comedy shows! (Do you have a romantic storyline with him?) My role has a small crush on him, it's the misunderstanding type.. He plays my boss and enthusiastically tries to change me, making me turn from someone lacking self-confidence to a successful person. So, I thought he liked me."

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Toe - Goodbye (album version)