JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shingo Mama - Shingo Mama no Oha Rock

Author Topic: Please Take Care of My Club [Chapter 7 – Secrets Revealed]  (Read 12235 times)

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Please Take Care of My Club [Chapter 5 - Monumental First-Period Class]
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2008, 09:00:22 PM »
That's right! You wrote The Lines Are Blurred too, didn't you Hammy? Dang you write some good stuff! :D Even if it's not as much as *cough* some people... >.> I mean, these are two of the few fics here I've actually read (almost) fully. :lol:

Hmm, speaking of, I'm not sure if I ever finished that... Well keep this up!

Oh, and I was going to say, despite all my Airi/Captain-ness, I almost have to say it's Momo now (thinking of the long eyelashes too). It could be Chisato but...

Offline walking_wounded`

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2008, 04:39:00 PM »
Sweet story anything with C-ute, Berryz and Morning Musume all togther is great and I'm loving the random pairings Maimi and Risako wouldnt even think of its but its great. I also like anything with Arihara cause shes like the coolest memeber of H!P.

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2008, 01:06:18 PM »
Awwwww, Risako and Maimi :gmon shy:
Maimi is hilarious, but poor Kanna, always the one being left out!  :cry: make her happy please! :gmon bang:

Anything else i was gonna say has completely left my mind coz I got distracted with all the pretty smilies  :oops:

Oh, I hope Koha and Reina continue to fight it out! Reina and Eri must stay together, ya hear! ;)

And where is more of the hint of Takagaki we got earlier?  :gmon sweet:

Offline meowz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2008, 05:57:17 AM »
I've been so busy preparing for uni (and still am) that I haven't had time to catch up on all your updates much less comment so this is a bit late...but! These new chapters just keeps getting more interesting.
Kame trying to find her 'dark-haired beauty' lol! I couldn't help but laugh at her "...I can’t appear desperate.” line  :lol:

Ahh..so the new girl at gaki-san's house is Kusumi! No wonder you described her as tall XD GJ writing Kusumi's unusual character, I can imagine her all angry-disobedient-rebel-like now. Come to think of it, it kinda matches her face imo *looks at kanashimi twilight pics*

With everyone mentioning your previous fic 'The Lines are Blurred' reminds me...It's actually the first H!P fic I ever read and the fic that brought me to this forum lol (and now I'm totally corrupted  :P)

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
Re: Please Take Care of My Club [Chapter 6 – The Way of Life]
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2008, 08:08:08 AM »
Chapter 6 – The Way of Life

“You know Kame, it would do you a whole lot of good to try waking up on time once in a while.”

Shaking her head and speaking in a resigned voice, Risa unzipped her bag and reached for the folded set of newspapers she had tucked in before she left the house. The duo of GakiKame, as fondly known to their friends, had arrived in school late, AGAIN. By the time the last warning bell rang, they still have not reached the school gates. It was as usual the result of Eri not getting to the Niigaki household at the designated time.

“I do try Gaki-san. I set the clock, sleep early and wish really hard the night before to wake up when I’m supposed to. Somehow it never works.”

“Perhaps you need more alarm clocks. Or you could ask your alien friends to beam you a signal from space informing you when it’s time to wake up.”

Grinning widely, Risa teased her friend playfully. Eri was the easiest person to make fun of out of all her friends. The ample childish actions, babyish expressions and immature opinions and views of the turtle girl were all areas a good tsukkomi could never miss out on. Satisfied at getting her revenge for missing first period, Risa went back to scrutinizing the newspaper that she had spread out in front of her.

“I know for sure waking up on time wouldn’t be a problem if SHE was the one rousing me.”

Eri slipping into sudden daydreams about the mysterious beauty had become such a regular occurrence over the past two weeks that Risa was now rather immune to Eri’s ramblings. In fact she had successfully trained herself to block out any sentences that contained the words ‘dark-hair’ and ‘beautiful’. After some time of not hearing any response from Risa, Eri realized the slightly older girl wasn't paying her any attention. Upset, she snatched away the section of the newspapers that Risa was reading intently and refused to return them until her friend paid her full attention.

"You aren’t listening to me Gaki-san!"

"Yes I know, I know. Your elusive raven-haired princess hasn't made an appearance. You've been telling me that everyday for the last fourteen days."

Sighing dramatically, Risa reached for the newspapers held in Eri's stretched out hands and tried to grab them back. She had spotted a particularly interesting advert just before Eri went into her little attention-seeking mode. She tended to do that every few days.

"But this is important to me Gaki-san. I can't believe you're paying more attention to words printed on inferior paper."

Looking at the faint streaks of black residue left on her fingers with obvious abhorrence, Eri grudgingly returned the sheets of papers to Risa. Then fishing out a small pack of wet wipes from her pocket, she wiped at her fingers carefully, determined to disinfect every inch of her fingers thoroughly.

"These are called newspapers Kame. You know those documents produced by the state daily to keep citizens up to date about the happenings in the world?"

"I know that. I just don't see what's so interesting about them. You can find out about world events from the television. Those are so much more convenient and clean." 

Mouthing a silent “oh right”, Risa almost forgot about Eri being the clean freak that she is. Never failing to leave the house with a packet of heavy duty sterile wipes in her bag, this was a girl who at last count, had four jumbo sized packs stashed away in a special compartment of her bag. These are for special emergencies, she once said when Risa brought up the issue. She had tried convincing Eri that a single person would never require such a plentiful supply of top quality sanitized wipes unless germ warfare broke out only to be met with Eri dismissing her as not being hygienic enough.

"News programs on telly don’t come with the classifieds Kame. I need that since I'm looking for a job."

As Eri pulled out a third piece of wipe to clean her hands, Risa flipped back to the page she was originally looking at and memorized the details written in the small advertisement at a corner of the page.

"A job? What for? Are you in debt?"

Unable to contain her amusement, Risa exploded with laughter at Eri's question. Hanging out with Eri certainly injected much delight in her life. Seeing Eri ask questions with such a straight face, you would be fooled into thinking she was cracking a joke. Except that after being friends with her for so long, Risa knew it was a genuine question.

"No, I'm not in debt Kame. I just want to earn some money and buy Koharu a nice welcome gift."

"You're so nice to her. You’re never that nice to me. For one, you never bought me anything."

Pouting and folding her arms, Eri felt a little hurt. This new girl was taking up a lot of Risa's time and she didn’t like it. Risa was her best friend so naturally, she should spend the most time with her.

"I don't buy you stuff but I make them. See, the earrings you're wearing, necklace, bracelet and even your cell phone dangle. They were all presents from me aren't they?"

"Well, yeah...but you’ve have never taken up a job for me."

Inside, Eri knew she was behaving childishly and acting immature for getting upset over Risa's sister. She didn't know the details but according to Risa, Koharu had a pretty harsh life. It was expected that Risa would want to make her feel welcome and happy. After all, she was a really kind and caring person.

"Where is this leading? Don't tell me you're jealous."

Grinning mischievously, it suddenly dawned on Risa that the reason for Eri's unhappiness was due to the fact that she was putting a lot of effort into pleasing Koharu. In the past, most of her time was spent on Eri.

"I'm not jealous!"

Blushing considerable, Eri turned away to hide her pink and flushed cheeks. She wasn't going to own up about how much she envied Koharu for having someone so concerned for her. Although she was secretly afraid that the younger girl was going to take her place in Risa’s heart.

"Come on Kame. She's my sister. Besides, you have your raven beauty."

"It's Raven-HAIRED beauty. You make her sound like she’s a bird or something."

Laughing heartily, Eri forgot all about the earlier discontent she had felt. Her eyes made their way over to a couple of girls who had strolled through the huge double-glassed doors of the school entrance. Detecting a familiar face on the cover of the magazine the first girl was holding in her hands, Eri exclaimed loudly.

"THAT’S HER!!"

Frantically pulling at Risa to look at the same thing she saw, Eri pointed agitatedly at the girl.

"Who, wha...where?!"

Following the direction Eri was gesturing at, Risa saw a girl who was possibly a junior. Her walking style and action of flicking her hair every few steps revealed how she in all probability, considered herself the most attractive creature that roamed the earth.

"She's okay, nothing like how awesomely drop dead gorgeous you made her out to be. I’m surprised she made it through the door with the size of her ego."

"Not her, the magazine she's holding. That's the girl I saw!"

Her line of vision dropping some distance onto the glossy cover of the magazine, Risa's eyes widened. Even from the distance, she could see the girl was a looker. Pale, exquisite and very very beautiful.

“Woah, she IS stunning.”

Scrambling out of the wooden table and bench set they were seated on, Eri reached the girls and asked immediately for the magazine. All without giving a reason or introducing herself. From afar, Risa couldn’t make out the words that were exchanged. But judging from the silly grin magazine girl had on her face and the excited chatter of her friends behind her, they obviously recognized Eri as the track captain. Barely seconds later, Eri was back at the table and desperately flipping pages to get to the article featuring raven girl.

“I’m guessing you got it for free?”

Risa asked as she watched Eri fail to pinpoint the exact page and was now looking through the content page of the fashion magazine. The resolute look in Eri’s eyes made her wonder if she even heard her. Seeing Eri exhibiting such maniacal and desperate behavior was somewhat rare and Risa marveled at the large effect raven girl had on her friend. To fall in love was a good thing but to such an extent, Risa was unsure how Eri would behave if she were to fall out of love.

“I found it!”

There was a moment of silence as Eri took in the full beauty of the girl in the magazine. Her long black hair was unchanged and she was dressed in a flowing white dress with a garner of flowers on her head. The image was so magnificent that that even Risa was left breathless by her unparalleled loveliness. And she wasn’t the type to be taken by the sheer appearance of a person.

“What did I tell you? She’s beautiful isn’t she?”

The dreamy tone of Eri voice told Risa her friend was sucked in bad. There was no way she was going to escape from the clutches of this girl.

--

The afternoon sun blazed down mercilessly on the fifteen figures running about within the large school field. It was so unbearably warm at this time of the day that no one else was training on the track or other parts of the field. The soccer team was the lone group brave enough to attempt practice with the risk of the scotching heat rays penetrating their bodies. With final rounds of an important tournament approaching, the members of one of the best soccer teams in the state were doubling up on practice to ensure a place in the top three. Sitting in the shade of the nearby spectator beeches, Kanna watched in silence at two particular figures.

“Get your act together!”

“That was a lousy pass!”

“What are you all doing?! Positions people!”

Kanna watched as the same girl barked out orders to the rest of the team. She was strict and her comments callous. Not one girl was safe from her harsh remarks. As the sun continued sweltering all beneath her, it finally took its toil on the young members. One by one, they began making more and more mistakes.

“Look out!”

Hearing the cry of warning but being too sluggish to react, Airi was within seconds struck on the head by a soccer ball flying at high speed. Realizing a runaway ball had ferociously attacked her cousin, Kanna jumped down from the bleaches where she was seated and sprinted all the way to the middle of the field.   

“How can you be a member of this team if you’re so clumsy! We’re going to the finals soon and you can’t even stop a ball properly.”

The star striker of the adolescent soccer team stood tall in front of the fallen girl and continued barraging her with her unkind words. Not bothering to check if she was hurt or help her up, the strong and unfeeling captain didn’t let up her rain of discouraging comments. Bruised and miserable at being labeled a burden, Airi bit on her lip to fight back the tears that were threatening to fall.

“I think that’s enough Natsuyaki. We should check if Suzuki is hurt.”

One of the other members of the team who had at first watched in silence, decided to speak up against the captain. She knew it wasn’t her place to question Miyabi, much less her decisions. Nevertheless, she knew Airi who was still on the ground, must be feeling terrible at being surrounded by the rest of the squad and spoken to like this.

“Shut up Tsugunaga! You have NO right to speak to me like that. Remember you’re just the goalkeeper.”

Stepping out of the circle, Miyabi came up to Momoko and stared hard at her. It wasn’t all that difficult since she was considerably taller. Fingering the collar of Momoko’s jersey, Miyabi leaned in close and whispered.

“Don’t think standing up for the incompetent members will land you their support. Since you’ll be out of the team before the season ends.” 

By now, Kanna had arrived by Airi’s side and was anxiously examining her younger cousin for any injuries. Satisfied that there was no serious damage other than the scrapes on her elbows, Kanna gently pulled Airi to her feet and brushed her off. Becoming aware of the stranger beside Airi, Miyabi inspected her from head to toe before giving her a distasteful look.

“And who are you? Don’t you know the field is out of bounds during soccer practice?”

An extremely tanned girl standing beside Momoko gulped at Miyabi’s voice. Should she admit to having invited Kanna to watch the team practice? While she had instructed her new lab partner to never venture onto the field at any moment, she knew it wouldn’t lessen the telling off that she would receive from the most competent player. Weighing her options, she decided to surrender herself. Miyabi could be worst than a pit bull in a pant leg when she wanted something. There was no doubt she would hunt down the person responsible for the emergence of an outsider on the training grounds. Chisato raised her hand, a habit before speaking and was about to voice her thoughts when Kanna preempted her. Now standing eye to eye with Miyabi, she gritted her teeth as a staring match ensured. 

“I think you should apologize to Airi.”

Breaking into sudden hilarity, Miyabi slapped on her thigh and wrapped her arms around her stomach acting as if she had just heard the funniest joke in the world.

“Is there something wrong with your brain? Why should I apologize? She should be apologizing for being inept.”

If any other person were treating Airi with such unkindness and cruelty, Kanna would have in a second lashed out at her without holding back. Yet, staring at the girl before her, Kanna couldn’t bring herself to do anything to wipe off the insufferable smirk plastered on Miyabi’s face.

You’ve changed Miyabi-chan.

--

“Open the door Ai!”

Banging hard on the thick wooden material of their daughter’s bedroom door, an anxious couple pleaded with their teenage daughter to unlock it. Intermittently glancing at the solemn looking lady standing with them, they couldn’t hide the embarrassed looks on their faces. This was the fourth instructor that their only child had offended by refusing the lessons painstakingly arranged for her.

“It appears that your daughter is not interested in the lessons Mrs. Takahashi. Why don’t you and your husband call me again when you have settled the issue? If you don’t mind, I’ll see myself out.”

Turning to leave, the haughty woman descended the stairs towards the main door, leaving the apologetic pair flabbergasted at her abrupt departure. Her voice hinted annoyance and the unmistakable look of displeasure that settled upon her hard face revealed her unwillingness to accept this assignment for a second time.

“I am terribly sorry to have you make a wasted trip Mdm Satoshi. Please allow me to see you to the door.”

Mrs Takahashi rushed to catch up with the tutor and bowed low to apologize repeatedly for her daughter’s less than good-mannered behavior. Deep down, her parents were unhappy with Ai. However they also knew they were fully to blame for the current state of affairs. If they were ever granted a chance to turn back time, they would have never indulged in the foolish actions that stripped Ai of her happiness.

Behind the door, a figure sat expressionless at the narrow ledge under the window that opened out to a busy street. This quiet area of the room was where Ai hid whenever she sought solace.
With her head lying on her knees, Ai’s eyes fixated on the redbrick building situated on the far end of the road. This structure housed a few quaint boutiques, an English café which served delicious scones and a small dancing school. A woman with a child appeared from around the corner and started climbing up the short flight of stairs leading to the entrance of the school. The young girl was dressed in a light pink leotard and had a smile on her face that could light up an entire room.

I was once like that ...

--

wordsworth: Airi has GREAT taste. Okay, so maybe I’m a little biased since I adore the girl I’m pairing her with :luvluv2:

AmberSan: Reina and Kohau fighting was purely the result of hating each other’s guts. It started with Koharu accidentally spraying water on Reina. When she demanded an apology, Koharu (who is supposed to be badass here) refused. As we know, Reina would never take this lying down. There’s definitely TakaGaki. As to whether they will end up together at the end will depend on audience reaction.

Amarghetta: Well, I could answer you right now. But then it wouldn’t keep the suspense would it? :P

Grisours: I thought the eyelash hint was a good one. Man, I didn’t know so many of the HPK had em. Lol. I guess I don’t scrutinize them enough :hehehe:

mode107: Like Risa said herself, Koharu is her sister. As to why they have different last names, it will be revealed later.

Estrea: I finally managed another chapter. About time really :hee:

stefy: I never realized there was this many fans for the less popular kids. I was contemplating only writing a couple of them in. I presume that isn’t a good plan now?  :sweat:

Yuuyami: The baka couple eh? I never thought of them as so. Care to elaborate a little? I could hit upon some inspiration for the story. Okay, I admit it. I was just wanna know more about TakaGaki :wahaha: It’s been to long since there was any news of them together. 

rokun: Really? I get pretty strong vibes of Yurina x Maasa x Chinami or Miyabi x Captain from watching BK vids. Someone should write a threesome for kids. Oops, did I type that out?  :shy1: Airi x Captain? lol: It’s an idea. I’ll mull over it.

walking_wounded`: Hey there! Never seen you around here before. Thanks for reading and replying :kneelbow: Seems like the Maimi x Ree pairing was a good choice.

lollipopgirl: Ahhhh a TanaKamei fan. You should totally read Indigo Blue Love. That’s true blue Eri x Reina love :D More of Ai-chan was in this chapter. Some groundwork has to be laid before her interaction with Risa comes in.

meowz: Aww really? I never expected my fics to be able to induce anyone to become a regular on the forum. You don’t know how long I’ve had a smile on my face after reading this :) I really do think Koharu can have a badass face when she wants to. That is if she doesn’t go into spazzy mode XD Good luck preparing for uni. I know it can be horrid.

Offline Grisours

• Koi no Mega Lover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • =3
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2008, 06:35:17 PM »
Yeeeeeey new chapter!  :muffin:
So Eri discovered who the raven-haired beauty is? And she is a model? I still think the girl's Michishige!
Miyabi's the captain of the soccer team? She's harsh. And apparently Kanna knew her from somewhere... Oh, and Chisato is Kanna's lab partner! I was curious about that!
At the end of the chapter there's some drama involving Ai. Her parents are forcing her to take dance/something like that classes, isn't it? That's sad.  :-\
I wanna know what happened to Maimi and Risako!  :lol:
I'm loving this story, keep it up!

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2008, 12:08:53 AM »
Woo update! :k-thrilled: and with that, a long chapter :k-thrilled: (well longer than your past ones :P)

ooo, Eri's crush is a model?    The Track Captain x Model? :wub:

hnn, I'm wondering how Kanna knows Miyabi (besides school.soccer. yeah). The 'you've changed' part obviously seems like it was something deep, not as in dating relationship, but, idk, I'll just wait to see 

I :bow: at your cute story    :lol:
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2008, 06:55:54 AM »
Chapter 7 - Secrets Revealed

Niigaki household

“Risa dear, could you please run over and pass it to Reina and her grandma?”

Mrs Niigaki’s voice was chirpy, as she called out to her daughter in the small family home. She had baked a new batch of cookies and was intending to give a jar of it to their long time neighbour.  Enveloped by an aura of comfortable kindness, the elder Niigaki reminded one of her daughter as both radiated with the same kind of sunshine and laughter.

“Yeah, sure mom. I’ll go over right now.”

Picking up the jar of delicious looking cookies, Risa cradled it in her arms like a baby and crossed the neatly trimmed lawn to the house next door. Reaching the front door, she rang the bell and waited patiently for Reina to open it. Having lived as neighbours with the young yankii for so long, she knew it took Reina at least five minutes to get the door. She was a procrastinator by nature and nothing was going to change that. Surprisingly this time, the door opened almost instantly after Risa’s finger left the buzzer and out popped a head that didn’t belong to Reina Tanaka.

“Cover girl!”

Before she knew it, the words slipped from Risa’s mouth and she stood gawking at the figure now standing in the Tanaka doorway. Her arm was raised with one finger pointing out, a stance that didn’t come across as polite.

“Excuse me?”

Visibly amused, the visitor opened the door wider and stepped out of the house into the moonlit night. As the shimmering light reflected on her pale skin, she appeared to be almost glowing. 

“Oh..that girl!”

Trying desperately to conceal her original statement, Risa hastily spurted out whatever she could think of. The ending result was more confusion for the girl who had greeted her at the door.

“You must be Gaki-san. Reina said you would be coming over.”

Thankful that she didn’t persist on inquiring the meaning of her weird blabber, Risa heaved a silent sigh of relief and sneakily wiped off a sweaty brow.

“Is she in the bath? I could come back later.”

“No, it’s fine. Come on in.”

Walking down the few steps to where Risa was standing (still feeling a little foolish for her earlier outburst) the taller girl reached out to grab her wrist and pulled her into the inviting house.

Bewildered by the actions of a young woman she had only just met, Risa didn’t resist as she was dragged woodenly into the living room and made to sit on the couch. Hurrying into the kitchen, the attractive girl poured a cup of hot tea and placed it on a tray before carrying it outside. Placing it on the table in front of Risa, she motioned for her to savor it.

“This is freshly brewed. Try it, and tell me if it’s good.”

Being treated as a real guest for the first time in all her years of calling at the Tanaka household made Risa feel both thrilled and bizarre at the same time. An actual visitor was the one creating this sense of feeling no less.

Taking a small sip while being careful not to burn herself with the steaming liquid, Risa was pleasantly surprised to taste that it was delectable. The tea was smooth without being too sweet.

“This tastes delicious! Urh, I mean it’s really good.”

Realizing that the term delicious wasn’t that suitable for describing the taste of tea, Risa blushed unconsciously at her lack of vocabulary and hence choice of words.

“Thank you!”

Smiling sweetly, the guest of the Tanaka family moved to sit down beside Risa on the relatively small couch. Turning to face her, she asked in a small voice.

“Gaki-san? Can I call you that?”

Being in such close proximity with the famous cover girl and with the help of the room's adept lighting, Risa for a moment couldn’t believe it was actually happening. The girl Eri had been searching in vain for so long had been living right next door all along.

Kame is going to flip out when I tell her this.

“Gaki-san!”

Jolted out of her reverie, Risa’s mind returned to reality and her eyes focused on the figure still snuggled closely next to her.

“Sorry, I was spacing out for a moment.”

A soft laughter escaped her lips as she covered her mouth with one small hand to hide her smile.

“I’ll take that as a yes.”

Shifting in her seat, she removed every inch of space between them and leaned in close to Risa’s face.

“I haven’t introduced myself. I’m Sayumi Michishige. And you’ll be seeing a lot of me in future.”

-----

Flinging open the swing door to the locker room with a strong push, Miyabi stormed inside and sat down heavily on one of the wooden benches. Still fuming from the run in with the other members of her team, she had adamantly left the field in rage. Curling her fist into a ball, she slammed it into the bench repeatedly,  not caring where it landed. She was mad, very mad.

The all-important state championships were almost upon them yet most of the members weren’t up to standard. And a few, like Suzuki Airi, were more suited for a friendly match than a real competition. Seeing such a lack of ability and talent made Miyabi feel resentful that they were allowed on the team and hence ran the risk of  dragging it down. However, the ever affable coach Yoshizawa believed in equal treatment towards all who had a passion for the sport regardless of aptitude. If she had her way, Miyabi would kick out more than half of the squad. While unskilled players exasperated her, better ones like Tsugunaga Momoko aggravated her too. For some reason, the two never got off to a great start, and this resulted in them never being able to get along properly. Something about the older girl bugged her and Miyabi couldn’t quite place a finger on what it was.

Frustrated, she took it out on the nearest inanimate object, a cart filled with soccer balls. The resulting clang when metal met boot resonated off the walls and was only broken when a feminine voice interrupted.

“Touchy aren’t we.”   

Recognizing the voice almost instantaneously, Miyabi turned to face the intruder with a bored look.

“What do you want Risako?”

“Couldn’t you have at least said hi? I’m hurt.”

Laughing out at what she apparently thought was a joke, Miyabi completely missed the fallen expression on Risako’s face. However, the miserable expression didn’t linger for too long and the next second saw it replaced with a smile.

“Why are you here.”

Asking the question still with a cold tone, Miyabi opened her locker and started putting items into her duffel bag.

“We have to talk.”

Closing the door behind her, Risako press the locking mechanism of the doorknob after letting her finger hover above it for some time. Miyabi quirked an eyebrow at the act but nevertheless didn’t pause to question her actions.

Dressed in her cheerleader outfit comprising of short skit, tight top, wristband and braided hair, Risako was always confident and strolled around campus certain that she would get her way with both the teaching and student population. Though this time she appeared less than secure about herself. It was as if she was afraid of the outcome of this session. Not wanting to prolong her agony by making redundant small talk, Risako delved right in.   

“I wanted to know, if it was possible between us.”

“NO!”

Miyabi’s reply was sharp, and her one word answer reverberated within the enclosed room. Her eyes were hard as she clenched her jaw.

“What we had, it was in the past. We can never go back. I don’t want to go back.”

“Why Miya? Give us a chance. Give me a chance. If it was something I did, I can cha..”

“Listen to yourself! It’s degrading. Aren’t you with Yajima now.”

The cutting remarks of Miyabi didn’t come as a surprise to Risako. The young captain was infamous within the school for her reputation of being snobbish and having a high and mighty attitude. Excelling in both sports and academics, it was every student’s dream to be associated in some way to the rich and only child of one of the country’s richest family. Risako didn’t think she would be one of those who fell under Miyabi’s spell. She too was one of the members of the younger student population who in her own right, had most of the student population running after her. There was no one who didn’t know who Risako Sugaya was.

Except that she was attracted or you could say infatuated by the futsal striker who exhibited an air of flippancy and can’t-be-bothered attitude, which only added to her allure of appeal. That and the coincidence of having the same math class further sealed the impression of Miyabi as a pretty, athletic math genius.

“I never liked Maimi. I was only trying to get you to notice me again. Please take me back Miya. I can’t live without you.”

Running to hug Miyabi tightly from behind, Risako wept tears of shame. She despised herself for stooping so low, and even more for so for making use of Maimi, the undoubtedly innocent party. Nevertheless she had to get Miyabi back no matter what to took. Even if it was purely one sided on her part, she didn’t mind as long as she could stay by her side. The enigma of Miyabi Natsuyaki was too overwhelming for her.

-----

Separated by the thin wall, the conversation couldn’t be masked despite a locked door. Thoroughly flabbergasted at what she had overheard. Kanna regretted ignoring Airi’s pleads to let the matter rest. If she hadn’t stubbornly insisted on going after Miyabi to extract an apology on behalf of her younger cousin, she wouldn’t be caught in the current state of affairs. Blame her personality for constantly wanting to stand up for a family member and the hidden agenda of proving to herself that Miyabi wasn’t as unfeeling as she portrayed herself to be. Never in her wildest thoughts had Kanna expected to listen in on such a shocking revelation. Not only would she have to break it to Miami, it would be an uphill task trying to get her best friend to believe any word of it.

-----

The shadows of two futsal players floated down the pavement with the five o’clock sun shining down upon them. Walking side by side in silence, Airi stole quick glances at her teammate accompanying her home. With Kanna running off claiming an emergency and Chisato having an errand to run, the remaining member of the trio who wasn’t busy was laden with the task of sending Airi home. When the unplanned situation arose, Airi wanted to clap her hands and shout with glee. Somehow she managed to find it within herself to contain her joy until she could celebrate alone. She was feeling light headed and was unsure if it were the after effects caused by the runaway ball or the giddy elation of having Momoko stand up for her against the star striker cum captain. Now the quiet pint sized girl was even carrying her bag, an action she insisted on doing in case Airi was still feeling unwell.

Yes, Momoko Tsugunaga was her secret crush. She was the one she watched in History class and the reason she ventured so frequently to the goal post area during practice. It highly unlikely for Momoko to wind up as anyone’s object of affections with the low profile she kept. Never one to hang out with the ‘it’ crowd or boast of her abilities as the school’s best goalkeeper, she as a matter of fact, hardly spoke outside of class. Her lone friend was fellow futsal player Chisato Okai and she was usually just seen with her. On the other hand, it was precisely this quiet character that drew Airi’s attention. She never did like the loud and rowdy types. It was the silent yet competent types that attracted her so.   

“Is this it?”

Looking up into Momoko’s quizzical face, it dawned on Airi that they had reached her house. The walk home from school felt shorter than usual and disappointment rose in Airi when they had to part so quickly. This was the first time she had the opportunity to spend some time alone with Momoko. Now standing outside the gate, the next logical step was to thank Momoko for seeing her home and carry her own bag inside. Still, Airi felt the need to do more. Peharps her head injury had unearthed the deep desire to get to know Momoko better. The sudden explosion of courage that swelled up within Airi made her feel like she could accomplish anything. Instead of waiting some more for something to happen, she decided to take matters into her own hands and make known the feelings she had kept hidden for so long.

Bending near to take the bag from Momoko, Airi deliberately caught the older girl’s hand in her own and gave it a small squeeze. Making a decision to take it a step further, she gave the astonished girl a quick peck on the cheek before running into the house and shutting the door with a bang. Left alone outside, Momoko stood dazed with one hand touching the spot where Airi had kissed. Her other hand lay hanging by her side, still feeling the lingering effects of Airi’s hand on her own.

----------

Grisours: Bingo! The girl is Sayumi.The question now is, what will happen to Maimi and Risako. A good ending or bad...hmmmm :P

mode107: Thanks for liking this story. I'm wondering if it went well with readers since there weren't much comments. The track captain and model pairing does sound pretty hot doesn't it XD

« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 10:43:13 AM by lil_hamz »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Please Take Care of My Club [Chapter 7 – Secrets Revealed]
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2008, 05:22:02 PM »
The whole background of the Miya/Risako part was well written. Very descriptive..I like that  :mon thumb:  So Kanna is going to break the news to Maimi?  I can only imagine the situation having to go like [bgcolor=#000000]Kanna telling her what she heard, and Maimi just won't believe it because she thinks that Kanna is jealous, and so on [/bgcolor] :P  But y'know, you never know :lol:
Woot, Sayu makes an appearance again. I can't wait til her and Eri meet again.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 03:53:35 AM by mode107 »

Offline Grisours

• Koi no Mega Lover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • =3
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2008, 10:57:41 PM »
yeeeeeeeey new chapter!  :wub:
Risako/Miya? And here I was, thinking that Risako was really interested in Maimi... Poor girl! Oh well, if things with Miya doesn't work out...
And Kanna's going to have a hard time telling the things she heard to Maimi. I beat she's not going to believe her!
And Shige-san's a flirt, hm?  :lol:
The ending was the cutest thing... Go Airi!  :grin:

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2008, 04:12:32 AM »
And I just realised my guess about Airi's classmate was indeed Momo.  This is the first time I've gotten a guess in a fanfic correct :P

Offline Yukari

• SNSD & Nogizaka46 ♥
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2008, 06:58:27 AM »
ups poor maimi, really... i don't like risako in this fanfic  :pleeease:

gaki and sayumi is so hilarious, it makes me laught  :on lol:

and airi with momo is really cute  :luvluv2:

waiting next chapter!

Offline Pover

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2008, 04:02:01 PM »
This is a cute and sweet story.  I like where it is goin :)

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2008, 04:36:28 AM »
*cough* I am desperate for an update  :cry:
I want my MiyaRi back together (sorry Maimi)... and so much else going on here that you left us hanging with :thumbdown:
I'll just sit here and pout till you update then!  :mon nyah:

Offline ayase909

• I'm A Tomo-Holic dechu!
  • Member+
  • miya-airi rabu-rabu
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2008, 09:30:06 AM »
 :shifty: if there is a natsuyaki-sugaya in here.....i'm totally fine......hehe

update update......

oh, poor airi though......you made natsuyaki a badass captain........hehe :shock: like fujimoto!

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shingo Mama - Shingo Mama no Oha Rock