JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dream - Solve

Author Topic: Fair Play... is not my style.  (Read 15331 times)

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
Fair Play... is not my style.
« on: December 04, 2007, 07:29:52 PM »
I feel conflicted to be doing another fic xD But the idea was just so tempting. Basically the same characters I often use, with some extra. FYI, Bancho = last bit in chapter's title.

Chapter 1 - Rumors, Secrets and every school needs a juvenile delinquent leader.

The dismissal bell had finally rung and those who had won the battle of struggling to stay awake for the last period threw their arms into the air in relief and joy, all forms of fatigue miraculously gone in an instant. Those who had lost and surrendered at the beginning however, were each given an unpleasant wake up call and extra homework. Not that anyone actually cared as punishments and lessons were easily forgotten as though the past seven hours of so called ’school’ never did happen. Like clockwork, the entire classroom was emptied within 5 minutes by those who refused to tolerate staying in the room that sucks away their youth for hours on ends. That basically means everyone.

Two friends, like everyone else, were now heading down the corridor and eager in leaving the entire school campus to find a life. They chattered and gossip, like what most girls in the school would do. Naturally, mediocre and mundane gossip about teachers, exchange students and cafeteria food were nothing compared to the latest rumors that were floating about.

“I heard the teachers appointed spies to find out who the bancho is.”

”Bancho?! Isn’t that title a little off?”

“I think it fits; I heard that he beats up those who disrespects him. He’s like a martial artist or something”

“I wonder why the people he attacked never seem to rat him out.”

“But how are you so sure the Bancho’s a he? Could be a hot babe.”

“Is that all you ever think of? But anyway, I can’t wait till they reveal who he or she is.”

“Who do you think he is anyway? Uhm… or she?”

Among the duo, one of them started to laugh out loud as she passes by the commotion, taking the chance to ‘accidentally’ listen in to the rather loud conversation from the bunch that was huddled in one corner for gossip time.

“You know, these rumors are starting to get out of hand. Shouldn’t you stop them?” She turned to her companion, giggling all girly-like because there’s an inside joke between them.

“What for? It’s not like this has anything to do with me.” The other pushed away her short fringe and smiled with her eyes rolling up.

“Yeah right! I know you’re gloating on the inside, aren’t you, Nee-san?” The younger girl smirked knowingly and latched herself to the other’s free arm.

“Maybe, maybe not.”

The elder’s tracks were suddenly interrupted by a passing shadow, causing her friend to nearly trip over in surprise. Completely unexpected, a student scrambled towards the crowd and shuffled through it in search of someone. Many wasted no time in giving him irritated glares. Even with the distance that separated the girl from the group, she could hear the boy’s panic.

“Tanaka-chan! They…” He started to pant in an exaggerated manner, “They got her! Kamei-sempai’s in trouble!”

At the end of his sentence, he received a smack over the head from a math textbook and fire in his classmate’s eyes.

“How many times must I tell you about calling me that?”

“I-I’m sorry Tanaka-sama…” He got another smack. “T-T-T-Tanaka-san! Please hurry!”

“Where’s she?”

“Downstairs, in the science la- Ooff!”

Shoving the poor boy aside and at the same time passing her book and bag to him to carry, Tanaka practically flew down the stairs in rage. No one messes with her friends after all, though she was more annoyed with having to be pulled out of some interesting stories.

Back to the two girls who had been discussing about the recent gossip until the unannounced diversion, the younger of them both raised a curious eyebrow and smiled a mischievous smile. She tugged at the other’s sleeve.

“Nee-san, that girl…” She started with a serious face.

“Yeah, what about her?” The other asked while looking at the direction that Tanaka ran off to.

“She’s feisty…” She continued without flinching. “… Maybe she’s the Bancho.” A grin started to form. But at the end of her sentence, she felt a shove on her shoulder. She yelped and pouted at her senior with an accusing look.

“What was that for?!”

“Don’t you know that walls have ears? Don’t go around saying such things so easily.” The older one scolded in a whisper. “And you and I know she’s definitely not this so called Bancho.”

“Hai hai~ But let’s go see what’s happening at the science lab anyway, sounds like fun.”

She quickly changes the topic and began to hop up and down, growing excited by the minute. The bouncy girl then took her friend’s hand and pulled her towards the stairs. The elder gave in easily and followed, sighing as she resigns to her fate of being dragged around.

When they’ve arrived, there was another group gathering by the corner. It seems like they were also keeping their distance from the main culprits. There was a senior boy sitting on a chair that was tilted against a closet, serving as something to stop the door from being opened. Beside him were two unnamed and insignificant figures.

“I said, let her out.” Tanaka stood in front of three boys with her arms folded, frowning deeply. The boy that reported to her before finally caught up and was standing timidly by her side.

“Aw, stay out of this and let us have our fun.”

“Fun? You call keeping my friend in a prop closet fun?!”

“Of course, I want to see how they’re going to <i>come out of the closet</i>.”

The guy Tanaka spoke to made an innuendo, and together with his posse, they started to laugh like pigs. Tanaka frowned even more, truly disgusted. But it struck her; that little information from his words. ‘Them?’ Who’s ‘Them’?! She hoped those jerks didn’t throw in some pervert to bother her friend.

“Tanakacchi, is that you?” A voice echoed from inside the closet, followed by a whimper when one of the guy’s lackeys kicked his heel against the door. The voice itself wasn’t unfamiliar, but it definitely didn’t belong to a certain timid girl she knew. It sounded a little embarrassed and guilty. It does beats having a pervert in there any day though.

“What do they mean by coming out of the closet?” came another voice. THIS one was definitely from her timid senpai. The question was so innocent that Tanaka Reina wanted to bang her head on the nearest solid object.

“Are you letting them go, or not? I can wait here all day until you say yes.” She quickly composed herself and glared at the trio’s leader menacingly.

“Wow, she has guts.” The bouncy girl form earlier whispered to her companion, earning a nod of agreement.

“And what if I don’t?”

Reina felt her eyebrow twitch violently, along with her hand.

“I’m not going to say it again. Are you letting Eri out, or not?”

“No.”

Enough was honestly, enough. Reina had lost her patience and without further consideration, she snapped her arm towards the revolting boy, sending the object she happens to have been gripping onto towards him as well – it was an unused desk. There was a sharp screech and everyone that weren’t involved jumped back on reflex. Yet the crash that everyone was waiting for never came. The leader had stopped the chair with his foot. His triumphant smirk only annoyed Reina more.

“Round one, fight.” Someone playfully whispered in the audience, and the two stars of the day gladly obliged.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Fair Play... is not my style.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 02:24:16 AM »
“I heard the teachers appointed spies to find out who the bancho is.”

”Bancho?! Isn’t that title a little off?”

“I think it fits; I heard that he beats up those who disrespects him. He’s like a martial artist or something”

“I wonder why the people he attacked never seem to rat him out.”

“But how are you so sure the Bancho’s a he? Could be a hot babe.”
It's interesting how people have the tendency to assume that the leader of a delinquent gang is a boy.

“Tanaka-chan! They…” He started to pant in an exaggerated manner, “They got her! Kamei-sempai’s in trouble!”
Eri's in trouble?!?!?  Who? What? Why? :shocked:

At the end of his sentence, he received a smack over the head from a math textbook and fire in his classmate’s eyes.

“How many times must I tell you about calling me that?”

“I-I’m sorry Tanaka-sama…” He got another smack. “T-T-T-Tanaka-san! Please hurry!”
Eep...don't make the mistake of using the wrong honorific with Reina. :O

Back to the two girls who had been discussing about the recent gossip until the unannounced diversion, the younger of them both raised a curious eyebrow and smiled a mischievous smile.

“She’s feisty…” She continued without flinching. “… Maybe she’s the Bancho.” A grin started to form. But at the end of her sentence, she felt a shove on her shoulder. She yelped and pouted at her senior with an accusing look.

“What was that for?!”

“Don’t you know that walls have ears? Don’t go around saying such things so easily.” The older one scolded in a whisper. “And you and I know she’s definitely not this so called Bancho.”
Exactly. Being yankii doesn't automatically mean Reina's the Bancho...though I think these two would do well to should keep their options open.

“Hai hai~ But let’s go see what’s happening at the science lab anyway, sounds like fun.”
Well of course they're going to want to go watch.  :P

When they’ve arrived, there was another group gathering by the corner. It seems like they were also keeping their distance from the main culprits. There was a senior boy sitting on a chair that was tilted against a closet, serving as something to stop the door from being opened. Beside him were two unnamed and insignificant figures.

“I said, let her out.” Tanaka stood in front of three boys with her arms folded, frowning deeply.
Oh...don't tell me...Eri's in the closet.  :roll:

“Fun? You call keeping my friend in a prop closet fun?!”

“Of course, I want to see how they’re going to come out of the closet.”
How THEY'RE going to come out of the closet? Who's in there with Eri (and exactly how big is that closet)?

Incidentally...

“Tanakacchi, is that you?” A voice echoed from inside the closet,
So it's Risa that's in there with her?  How'd she get mixed up in this?

“What do they mean by coming out of the closet?” came another voice. THIS one was definitely from her timid senpai. The question was so innocent that Tanaka Reina wanted to bang her head on the nearest solid object.
Oh Eri.  :lol:

“Are you letting them go, or not? I can wait here all day until you say yes.” She quickly composed herself and glared at the trio’s leader menacingly.

“Wow, she has guts.” The bouncy girl form earlier whispered to her companion, earning a nod of agreement.

“And what if I don’t?”

Reina felt her eyebrow twitch violently, along with her hand.
Eyebrow twitching is never a good sign.
Reina =  :grr:

“I’m not going to say it again. Are you letting Eri out, or not?”

“No.”
Hope he's wearing a good pair of running shoes.

“Round one, fight.” Someone playfully whispered in the audience, and the two stars of the day gladly obliged.

Something tells me that in the next chapter we're going to find out why this story has the title that it has. ;D

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 07:54:55 AM »
Risa's in that closet too!! Lol. And Eri sounds like she doesn't want to come out XD

I can't wait to see how Reina's gonna snap the neck of that poor clueless person. Doesn't he know not to mess with the great yankii one :P

Are the 2 gossiping girls gonna have any significant roles? If yes I wonder who they are.

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 09:11:26 AM »
Hah, major OCCness 8<

Chapter 2 - The bipolar bunny's not as airheaded as she looks.

The confrontation was now heated up and ready to blow. Everyone backed up from the two in fear and excitement. Reina was standing calmly, leaning against a chair like how she’d been since she first came in. The desk that accompanied it was already long gone. Her opponent was equally calm, his right heel now resting against the desk that he had successfully stopped.

“Last chance, open that door.”

“Make me.”

Reina surprised the crowd by suddenly flinging the chair towards the boy without warning, sending the item spinning wildly in his direction. He however, wasn’t amused and as suddenly as the offense came, he kicked his heel against the desk, which allowed him to propel himself up, landing perfectly on top of the desk. Quickly, he leaped up again and gave the chair a kick to the right with the instep of his left feet as though it was a soccer ball, detouring it from it’s initial destination.

The crowd separated into two as the chair was sent their way. Some screamed when the chair broke upon impact with the wall. The audience was silence, in awe and in shock.

“Nee-san… he’s a fighter!” The younger of the still unnamed duo whispered happily.

“I know. This match seems predictable already.”

“No, she can’t lose! That guy’s a jerk.” She huffed, trying her best to look angry. She failed, naturally.

“Let’s just watch.” She pats the younger on the shoulder, all this time not bothering to actually look at her.

She observed the two, each who have already displayed their first move. The senior boy was obviously skilled to be able to pull off a stunt like that. She admired the strength in his legs, and his reflexes. The girl, Reina, however, brute strength is not going to take her anywhere in this round. Still, that much strength in such a small built was amazing.

“Hmm… You’re good.” Reina hummed, not the least intimidated by the other’s skills.

“You’re killing my fun.” He looked down on her while stretching his legs with ease.

Agitated again, Reina ran up towards him at light speed and kicked off the ground until she was in the air at eye level with the boy, catching him by surprise. Smirking, she took him by surprise by grabbing his collar and pulling him downwards, doing a leap frog move in the process and once she was above him, she kicked him in the back and sent him diving headfirst towards the ground. She took over the position on the desk now and adjusted her uniform skirt.

“Hah, predictable my –“ The spunky girl got a nudge to her side by her ‘nee-san’; cutting away any profanity she was about to use. The crowd they were in cheered. They were more hyped up over the fact that someone’s finally gotten hurt.

Reina ignored the boy who was slowly recovering on the ground and got down from the desk. Unlike her earlier displays, she used her hands and gently removed the chair from the closet. When that’s done, she opened the door.

Inside, two girls were huddled up together. Kamei Eri had her face buried in the other’s sleeve, and the older of the two could only smile sheepishly when light shone down on her face. Reina sighed, wondering how she got acquainted with them both. Carefully, she helped them both up out of the closet.

“Reina~!!” Eri wailed and pounced on the shorter girl before she even came out, glad that someone came to her rescue.

“It’s fine now, they’re not going to bully you again.” The aggressive girl from earlier was a completely different person now and comforted her friend by stroking her back, holding her protectively.

“And they want us to come out of the closet!? Jeez, talk about picking the wrong people.” The third person crawled out from closet ranting non-stop, trying to ignore the display of affection above her.

“Well, I guess the show’s over.” The older of the duo that had been watching all along spoke up and turned on her heels to leave, but her friend decided otherwise. She slapped her palm against her forehead when she heard the familiar squeal.

“That move, it’s so cool. Where’d you learn it from?! Can you teach me?! ”

“Huh? Who’re you?” Reina turned to the sudden intruder, raising her eyebrow in question.

“Me? I’m Mi-“ Suddenly, for no clear reason, her body snapped to the side and her leg rose up, about to do a high backwards roundhouse kick but her foot stopped right beside the offender’s ears. “Michishige Sayumi.”

After completing her short introduction, she turned her head back to look at someone straight in the eye, daggers behind those cute innocent orbs she has. She was looking at the same guy that Reina had put down earlier.

“Never interrupt someone when she’s speaking.” She warned, observing the guy who was actually in a stance for attacking rather than just standing there and admitting defeat.

“S-sugoii! Gaki-san, Gaki-san! Did you see that?!” Eri exclaimed, although she was still hiding behind Reina’s shoulder, there was amazement in her eyes. Niigaki Risa could only gap at what just happened.

“What the…?” Reina on the other hand looked at Sayumi with a skeptical face for a second before facing the enraged boy.

“The fight’s not over!” His pride insisted, but he was also afraid of the kick that was ready to strike at anytime. The fear in him was a lot more evident than the guts he was trying to show.

“What fight? I’ve already done what I’m here to do – release my friends from the closet and save the day.” Reina clarified proudly, evading the need to be modest.

And then it clicked to everyone. He had been lured away from his seat to give Reina a chance to open the closet. The fight was never official.

“You cheat! You’re not running away that easily!” He wanted to charge forward but changed his mind when he felt something land lightly on his shoulder, like a teaser.

“Listen here, I didn’t agree to any fight, so I’m out of here. Come on Eri.”

Reina pulled her friend away by the hand and headed out of the door, but not before glancing at Sayumi once more.

“Seems like there’s no need to teach you anything.”

She commented on Sayumi’s earlier display with a straight face and continued to make her way out. Risa finally snapped back to reality and closed her mouth immediately, scrambling forward to catch up with the other two. When she was about to leave the room, she happened to meet Sayumi’s companion’s eye and smiled awkwardly. The other nodded a greeting and smiled back.

“Tsk, you should learn to be more of a gentleman and back off when a girl says no.” Sayumi rolled her eyes at the boy and kicked him lightly in the ear before retracting her leg. Even though it was a ‘light’ attack, he was still sent sprawling to the ground clutching his ear in pain. She then pouted, disappointed that Reina paid her so little attention.

“Sayu! That wasn’t necessary.” Her senior finally stepped in to interfere, pulling the bi-polar girl away.

“But he was being stupid!" Sayumi whined, pointing fingers at the assaulted boy. "Anyway, forget about him. Did you see that? That girl was amazing, and smart! AND COOL!”

“Are you being sarcastic?” She looked at Sayumi with a strange expression, “You’ve never praised anyone unless it’s your own reflection.”

“Hmph, and your point being? Nevermind, don't answer that. Say, Nee-san, think she’s cut out to be the next Bancho?”

“Great, even YOU are using that word now?” The elder groaned.

“It does sound great though.” Sayumi grinned, “So, what do you think?”

“It’s a horrible title.”

“Not that, I mean what about Tanaka being the next?”

“Only if she comes out top in the tournament next month… Oh no... no, Sayu! You’re not going to drag in some random person!” The senior freaked and grabbed Sayumi by the shoulders.

“Hey, she’s not random, she has skills. You know that too.” She shrugged and escaped from the vice-like grip. "She'll fit right in, maybe even win."

“But… You… What am I ever going to do with you?” The elder girl sighed, burying her face in her palms. Sayumi stuck her tongue out cutely.

“You, no, We, can start by digging up her student profile.”
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 09:14:26 AM by inDeceit »

Offline meowz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 01:28:35 PM »
Tanaka flinging school furniture left and right is simply hilarious!  :hehehe: :mon thumb:
Still, that much strength in such a small built was amazing.
must be all that yakiniku

And kamei seems forever destined to be the damsel-in-distress   :depressed:

No offence ndon'tkillme but I'm finding this more intriguing/interesting than your other dream fic though :X

Offline whytphyre

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 04:21:13 PM »
This is rather interesting. Momusu fight club? *hides from the various things being thrown at her*

I'll keep readin' this one ^^ (Who knows when you'll get responses from me though, I tend to be flakey)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 01:23:18 AM »
major OCCness
Aw maaaaaaaaaaaaaan.   :(

The senior boy was obviously skilled to be able to pull off a stunt like that. She admired the strength in his legs, and his reflexes. The girl, Reina, however, brute strength is not going to take her anywhere in this round. Still, that much strength in such a small built was amazing.
Having the strength is one thing, it's another to be able to use it well.

Carefully, she helped them both up out of the closet.

“Reina~!!” Eri wailed and pounced on the shorter girl before she even came out, glad that someone came to her rescue.
Awwwww... :oops:

“Well, I guess the show’s over.” The older of the duo that had been watching all along spoke up and turned on her heels to leave, but her friend decided otherwise.
Why do I get the feeling that for the boy, it won't be?

“That move, it’s so cool. Where’d you learn it from?! Can you teach me?! ”

“Huh? Who’re you?” Reina turned to the sudden intruder, raising her eyebrow in question.

“Me? I’m Mi-“ Suddenly, for no clear reason, her body snapped to the side and her leg rose up, about to do a high backwards roundhouse kick but her foot stopped right beside the offender’s ears. “Michishige Sayumi.”

After completing her short introduction, she turned her head back to look at someone straight in the eye, daggers behind those cute innocent orbs she has. She was looking at the same guy that Reina had put down earlier.

“Never interrupt someone when she’s speaking.” She warned, observing the guy who was actually in a stance for attacking rather than just standing there and admitting defeat.
What the...the one girl is Sayu, and she's got skillz!  :shocked:

“The fight’s not over!” His pride insisted, but he was also afraid of the kick that was ready to strike at anytime. The fear in him was a lot more evident than the guts he was trying to show.

“What fight? I’ve already done what I’m here to do – release my friends from the closet and save the day.” Reina clarified proudly, evading the need to be modest.

And then it clicked to everyone. He had been lured away from his seat to give Reina a chance to open the closet. The fight was never official.
Suckerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  O0

“Listen here, I didn’t agree to any fight, so I’m out of here. Come on Eri.”
Heh, well whaddaya know. She didn't, did she?  :pimp:

isa finally snapped back to reality and closed her mouth immediately, scrambling forward to catch up with the other two. When she was about to leave the room, she happened to meet Sayumi’s companion’s eye and smiled awkwardly. The other nodded a greeting and smiled back.
Aichan? If so, I wonder how she's dealing with seeing that she was stuck in a closet with Eri?

“Tsk, you should learn to be more of a gentleman and back off when a girl says no.” Sayumi rolled her eyes at the boy and kicked him lightly in the ear before retracting her leg. Even though it was a ‘light’ attack, he was still sent sprawling to the ground clutching his ear in pain. She then pouted, disappointed that Reina paid her so little attention.

“Sayu! That wasn’t necessary.” Her senior finally stepped in to interfere, pulling the bi-polar girl away.

“But he was being stupid!" Sayumi whined, pointing fingers at the assaulted boy.

Impressive attack? Yep.
Was he being stupid? Yep. :grin:

"Anyway, forget about him. Did you see that? That girl was amazing, and smart! AND COOL!”
Bi-polar Sayu? Yep. 

Someone should tell Reina it might not be a good idea to get Sayu pissed off at her. :P

Say, Nee-san, think she’s cut out to be the next Bancho?”

“Only if she comes out top in the tournament next month… Oh no... no, Sayu! You’re not going to drag in some random person!” The senior freaked and grabbed Sayumi by the shoulders.

“Hey, she’s not random, she has skills. You know that too.” She shrugged and escaped from the vice-like grip. "She'll fit right in, maybe even win."
Wait a sec...so, there's actually no Bancho right now, or are they in the process of selecting a new one?

And how/why exactly do Sayu and (presumably) Aichan know about this tournament and why is Sayu talking about bringing Reina to it? :o

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 01:06:18 PM »
*in a hotel stealing internetz from some building next door :3*

I just wanted to make Sayu kickass <3 so there.
I'll try to keep them in character and be awesome at the same time lol

There is a 'Bancho' :D but the question is... who.
Why bring Reina into the tournament? Because she has skillz and because Sayu wants her to.

Okay, one more girl to bring in and we've the whole main cast.

Hmm.. GakiKame, KameShige, TanaKame, TanaGaki (o.o) or TakaGaki.. *wanders off in deep though* Maybe I'll pull an EriJun LOL. Or nobody at all.  :O

Offline Sancho

• 8LayerIceCreamVendor
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 03:21:26 PM »
Ikkitousen anyone?  :lol: :lol:. This one is kinda cool to read. Yup. I'll be waiting for the next epi.  XD XD

Offline AmberSan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Always タカガキ L-O-V-E
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 05:21:47 PM »
interesting idea, and plenty of ships to choose from  :P.
it's been a while since i've read a fic about kickass Reina^-^.
hope you'll continue this ^^
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 07:22:53 PM by AmberSan »

Offline kazitakato

• "There's my opinion, and the wrong opinion"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 02:53:41 PM »
woooohhooooo.....Tanakamei rocks.....and don't worry, kamei being the damsel is a great idea....although picturing Reina as the damsel IS an interesting idea.... :ding:

anyway, I just luved the "fight-but-not-really-a-fight" fight scene..... :dizzy:....makes sense to any1???

gud thing u didn't add any cheesy lines like "Your gettin' on my nerves" or "It's not that I wanted too".....otherwise it'd be like Sukeban Deka.... :luvluv1: *sigh* Ayaya-chan :heart:

anyway....glhf

spreading the usa-chan love....i mean darkness(thanks to JFC)

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 07:44:38 AM »
Hmm.. I don't know what's fight club and I've never watched Ikkitousen. Lol

I love all your reviews ^___^

Chapter 3 - Roommates, bruises, and a chapter that doesn't answer anything.

From the entrance of the dormitory, you might be able to hear certain howling coming from upstairs. You might run, or maybe venture farther. There’s only one choice for you in reality. It’s late now, there’s no one around. The lights have been turned off about an hour ago, because lights off are always punctual, unlike you. Knowing that you’re way passed curfew, you crept upstairs and headed past the room your classmates shared. You heard howling again; much louder than before. Freaked out, you zoomed back into your room at record speed. That’s what you get for breaking the rules.

“Ooooowwww…” Once more, from the source itself, the cry came out no different from an animal dying.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry!!” The roommate repeated again and again, but her actions never changed. She continued giving the other physical and mental torture, all this while oblivious to it.

“KAME! BE GENTLE!!” The other screamed, trying to pull away from the younger girl who in turn held a firm grip on her arm so that she wouldn’t fly off.

“I am! I am, stay still!” Eri tugged at the other’s arm and pressed hard against her bruise.

“You’re giving me more bruises!” She took the closest object she could find and flung it towards Eri to have her let go. In this case, it was an ointment bottle.

“Gaki-san! That hurts!” Eri indeed released her hold on Risa and rubbed her forehead, a lump forming slowly right in the center.

“That hurts?! This hurts!” She pointed to her own bruises, growling at Eri and showing off her teeth.

“The bruise won’t disperse if I don’t press hard enough you know.” Eri backed herself up with logic and deliberately squeezed Risa’s bruised arm.

“WAAAHHH!”  Risa screamed again, jumping up from her bed and falling on the ground behind her.

Suddenly, they both heard a knock on the door. Risa whose body was now all weak and jelly-like from the painful shock earlier managed to crawl up and peek out from the edge of the bed. Eri quickly placed a finger to her lips, going ‘shhh’ at her roommate. Gapping at the gesture, Risa rolled her eyes. It wasn’t her fault for making so much noise, she thought.

After a minute or two of waiting, they could hear footsteps passing. Both girls let out the breath that they had been holding. They don’t understand why the dorm mistress has to always come around to check if everyone was asleep yet. It’s not like they were still kids.

“She’s gone. Now… where was I?” Eri took hold of the bottle and faced Risa.

“No… go away… Obaa-chan!!” Risa cried as her best friend jumped her from behind, sitting right on her bum.

. . .

“There, all done.” Eri wiped her hands on a tissue and got off Risa after patting her on the behind once.

“I feel completely violated.” Risa murmured, crawling forward to huddle against the wall and smelling horrible. Her hair was a mess from the struggle and her pajama shirt was sliding off her shoulder.

“You’ll thank me one day.”

“Not for this I’m not. By the way, don’t tell Tanakacchi about it.” Risa pulled up her shirt and got up on the bed beside her roommate’s.

“About what?” Eri asked, already blissfully tucked under her blanket.

“About what happened this afternoon, and the bruises.”

“Oh. About how you ran away but was too slow and got us both in the closet?” Eri laughed, which was muffled by her blanket.

“Quiet!” Risa yelled, blushing. “It’s not like I didn’t trying fighting back. We were outnumbered. You were there under me when I got beaten up!”

“I was just joking. If Reina knew the truth, she’d permanently disable those guys.”

“That’s why I’m worried. She doesn’t need another week of detention.”

“She just got out of one recently, right? It’s your fault to begin with, you’re the one who taught her how to fight.”

“What? Who was the one that went ‘just humor her, she’ll find it too tough and give up after awhile’ Huh? And who’s the one always in trouble in need of someone's help because she looks like a pushover and refuses to lift a finger to save herself?”

“It’s still your fault.”

“No it’s not! And we’ve got to stop this. We’re starting to sound like her parents.”

“You’re right. Still, ‘Otou-san’ shouldn’t have taught our precious daughter the way of combat.” Eri shook her head disappointedly. Irritated, Risa threw a pillow her way, which landed straight in her face.

“Shut up! That kid really likes you. I don’t want to be murdered by her out of jealousy if she heard that.”

“Romantic, isn’t it?” Eri mused, “Fighting for the sake of love.”

“You’re way too weird, Kame. I’m not talking to you anymore.”

“You’re so mean!”

“Shut up.” Risa got up to turn off the light and returned to bed.

The room was in complete silence for what seemed like a very, very long time.

“Gaki-san?” Eri suddenly spoke.

“Yeah?” Came a response from beside her.

“Thanks for protecting me all the time.”

“Don’t bother. It’s a favor I’m doing for Tanakacchi. Now go to bed.” Eri knew her roommate was smiling in the dark from the sound of her voice.

5 minutes later…

“Gaki-san?” Eri called out again.

“Hmm?” Already half way into the land of the dreaming, Risa hummed a response.

“What does ‘coming out of the closet mean’?”

The reply Eri wanted never came, but she felt her mattress tilt over and herself rolling off the bed. There was a scream, a rather loud crash and a satisfied grin on a particular brat’s face. Actions really do speak louder than words.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 07:49:27 AM by inDeceit »

Offline Grisours

• Koi no Mega Lover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • =3
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 04:25:21 PM »
this new chapter really is funny with kamei and niigaki interaction... :lol:
but there's things I think I'm not getting...
for example, reina likes kamei, but does kamei like her back? and niigaki teached reina how to fight, but apparently reina's stronger, cause she defeated all those guys and all niigaki did was earn some bruises... XD
and I must say I'm really looking forward to learn more about Reina and some of the other characters, like Sayumi... she looks like a good fighter, which is weird when you think of her "ichiban kawaii" personality...there has to be some story behind this! :grin:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 04:00:24 AM »
From the entrance of the dormitory, you might be able to hear certain howling coming from upstairs.
Howling?  :twisted:

“KAME! BE GENTLE!!” The other screamed, trying to pull away from the younger girl who in turn held a firm grip on her arm so that she wouldn’t fly off.
Eeeeeeeeeeeh?  :w00t:

don’t tell Tanakacchi about it.” Risa pulled up her shirt and got up on the bed beside her roommate’s.

“About what?” Eri asked, already blissfully tucked under her blanket.

“About what happened this afternoon, and the bruises.
Actually, we still don't know how they got in the closet in the first place. :dunno:

It’s not like I didn’t trying fighting back. We were outnumbered. You were there under me when I got beaten up!”

“I was just joking. If Reina knew the truth, she’d permanently disable those guys.”
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? Risa was being beaten up?!?!?! :OMG:

“That’s why I’m worried. She doesn’t need another week of detention.”

“She just got out of one recently, right? It’s your fault to begin with, you’re the one who taught her how to fight.”
Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait...it was RISA that taught Reina how to fight???  :shocked:

So then how was it that Risa wasn't kickin' those guys' asses herself?

That kid really likes you. I don’t want to be murdered by her out of jealousy if she heard that.”

“Romantic, isn’t it?” Eri mused, “Fighting for the sake of love.”
So they know that Reina likes-likes Eri? How does Eri feel?

“Gaki-san?” Eri called out again.

“Hmm?” Already half way into the land of the dreaming, Risa hummed a response.

:wahaha:

So just so that things are clear, Eri was just cleaning and dressing Risa's bruises/wounds, right? :?

Offline kazitakato

• "There's my opinion, and the wrong opinion"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 11:11:54 AM »
ngaaa.......lights out...kinda reminds me of my school days....

So just so that things are clear, Eri was just cleaning and dressing Risa's bruises/wounds, right? :?

maybe, JFC.....just maybe..... :glasses:

spreading the usa-chan love....i mean darkness(thanks to JFC)

Offline meowz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 02:56:21 AM »
Gakikame interaction was spot-on and truly amusing :lol: For some reason it made me go all :nya: for a while
Once again you end the chapter leaving me wanting to read more ;)

Offline AmberSan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Always タカガキ L-O-V-E
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2007, 08:32:04 AM »

LOL , GakiKame is always funny and awwww... :wub: for Kame for treating Gaki's wounds..
so Gaki is the one who taught Reina how to fight , i wonder what would happen when Aichan (well and Sayu) will find out,will she be a candidate for the Bancho?

clueless Kame  =WIN ;)

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2007, 11:47:34 AM »
I was afraid that it wasn't funny  :P
Will try to update soon. Everytime I try to continue the next chapter I get a migrane  :banghead:

So many questions... how should I answer them... *wanders off*

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2007, 06:15:47 PM »
YAY!!! You managed to update even when miles away. I really liked this chapter. Anything with TakaGaki or/and KameMame I like. I can't help it :D

From what I've gathered so far, Reina likes Eri, Gaki doesn't like Eri (in that way) and Sayu and Ai aren't going that way either. So it leaves the possibility of

a) Tanakamei
b) TakaGaki
c) KameiShige
d) GakiShige
e) ReinaShige
f) None of the above :P

Which is it? I need to know!!!!! *echoes* XD

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2007, 06:20:39 AM »
I came back last Friday ^^ Singapore feels so foreign suddenly ;_;
@lil_hamz: Well, someone is bound to end up alone... maybe  :twisted: but I wouldn't say that those are the only options either.
Maybe I'll end up with option F when things get too complicated xD

I'm definitely lost with my own storyline.

Chapter 4 - The Invitation

Risa wandered the school grounds alone. Reina was off for dance practice and Eri was doing what students do -- studying. Maybe she should study too… wait, scratch that. It was a preposterous idea! She kicked away a can of cola that was left stranded in the hallway. Maybe she could drop Reina a visit! The girl was only at the abandoned dance studio behind the school. Then again, she gripped her sore arm and changed her mind.

Keeping her thoughts out of reality, Risa hasn’t been watching where she was going. She surprised herself by bumping into someone, or something. Whatever it was, it had a really hard built. She winced and looked forward to see white cloth, and then she raised her head to see an upset face with a brace on the person’s neck.

“You!” They both shouted in unison.

“What do you want?” Risa spat.

“Where’s your closet friend?” The other smirked.

“Just leave me alone.”

“You think I would really do that?” He growled, looking down at Risa.

“Well, what do you want?” Risa looked at him impatiently.

“Nothing, nothing.” He changed drastically and smiled slyly. “I was told to look for you, so don’t come snapping at me. This is for you.” He pulled out a small envelope from his back pocket and held it out to Risa.

“What’s this?” She looked at the enveloped with caution.

“Something you might be interested in. You may have turned me down that day for whatever reason, but you can’t expect my little payback to be enough to forget about it, would you?”

“I still don’t know what you’re saying,” Risa diverted her eyes, “But I’ve said no then and I won’t change my mind now.”

“Oh, but I think you might have to reconsider after you read <i>this</i>.” He slips the envelope into Risa’s blouse pocket carefully, “That challenge still stands, against you.” With that, he brushed shoulders with the girl and disappeared down the hallway.

Gritting her teeth, Risa pulled the envelope out and gingerly picked at the sealed part. She was certain that her answers would be inside.

<i>That day, it was less than a week ago. School was just over and she had been catching up with her best friend until a group of rowdy boys decide to interrupt them.

“Niigaki Risa, am I right?” A boy with a nasal voice demanded.

Risa wasn’t sure to laugh or deny, but she nodded anyway.

“We request a duel.”

“What are you blabbering about?”

“Are you playing dumb? Our boss would like to challenge you, this evening.”

“Gaki-san, this isn’t good, you-“ Eri whispered nervously.

“Shhh.” Risa held up her hand to stop the other from going on. “I’m sorry, but I think you’ve found the wrong person.”

“No, I think I’m right.” A taller boy of a stronger built entered the scene from behind his lackeys. “You don’t know me, but we’re related, in a way.”</i>

She paused her flashback for a second when she realized that she had exerted more strength than needed and had torn the seal into half. Risa did a face and continued to open what remains closed.

<i>“Related? Whatever, you’ve got the wrong person and I’m not going to play along with your weird ‘challenge’.” Risa shrugged and turned around to head the other way with Eri following closely behind.

“I will have my way, however it takes.”

His lackeys started to advance towards the two girls. Sensing danger, Risa grabbed Eri by the hand and bolted for the nearest exit. She did manage to shove some guys away when they got too close. The mob chased the girls until they finally cornered her to the end of the hallway.

“If you won’t fight, I’ll just have to make you.”

The first fist went straight for the innocent, and without thinking, Risa quickly shielded her best friend with her own body. She received some kicks and punches but she managed to tolerate the hurt. Most of the attacks went to her shoulders, arms and torso. Along with some unmentioned injuries, Risa had to give in and she passed out.

“Let’s throw them into the closet, humiliate them a little.”

When she next woke up, she was in the dark with someone clutching tightly to her.

“K-kame? Is that you?”

“Gaki-san? You’re awake! Thank God… I was afraid you went down permanently this time.”

“Take that back, I’m still alive and kicking. Where are we?”

“A closet…”

“A CLOSET?!” Risa yelled, earning a kick from the outside asking her to shut up. After awhile, there was a big commotion starting on the outside. Everything else was just pure guesses and speculations until Reina came to free them.</i>

“Reconsider? Yeah right…” Risa got fed up with being thorough with opening an envelope and swiftly, she tore the edge away and pulled the letter within out.

“This is…?” Risa widened her eyes in horror. “No… If they had him pass it to me, that means he’s from… But… I…” Completely taken aback by the letter, she unconsciously dropped the envelope and started to stutter. She needed to find Eri, there’s no one else she could turn to about it. The letter was crushed under her grip as she shuffled through the crowd of students heading for their next period.

During her haste, she accidentally bumped into someone. Papers flew up into the air, but Risa was oblivious to it as she marched onward. The crowd parted from the mess.

“Itai!” A girl winced when she felt something crash into her. She had lost balance and fell over, dropping her belongings as well. When she looked back up, the person who had run into her was already long gone.

She quickly composed herself and scrambled about on the floor to gather her fallen pieces of paper. Once that was done, she hurried downstairs and went through a ‘council only’ door.

“Nee-san!” Her bouncy junior greeted her the instant she sets foot into the room.

“I’ve got what you wanted.” She answered the other and browsed through her folder for some documents.

“You can show me that later. It’s here! They’ve started sending <i>it</i>.” The other exclaimed excitedly, causing her to almost drop her stuff for the second time.

“Already? Sayu, where is it?” She settled the file down on her desk and urged her junior to show her what’s apparently very important.

Sayumi paused for a second before pulling out an envelope from her bag. It was already opened as she took out the letter within and started to read it.

“Takahashi Ai-san, we are honored to welcome you back to the 10th annual Junshuu Tournament.”

Ai frowned at the mention of the event.

“The event would take place on the last Friday of the following month. More details would be sent on the day before. We wish you good luck.”

Sayumi finishes the last line and hands the paper over to Ai for further confirmation. “Well, that is a waste of paper.”

“You think?” Ai shrugged and crushed the paper under her hands. “We have to start preparing.”

“But I haven’t managed to get that girl into the tournament yet!”

“It’s not easy to get a completely unrelated person into an event like this, Sayu. Give it up, you’ll need a miracle for someone to want to place their life on the line for some stupid competition.”

“Nee-san…” Sayumi pleaded, always have been unaware of her own selfishness.

“Miracles, Sayu, that’s all there is you can hope for.” Ai sighed and handed her the student profile she had so painstakingly snooped for earlier.

“I can’t believe you wouldn’t help me.”

“I don’t see why you’re so determined to get her into trouble.”

”I’m not! It’s just… she seems capable enough to replace you… and…”

“You have my interest at heart? Is that it?”

“Maybe. You don’t seem to like your duty at all… so I thought…”

“I know. Just don’t get yourself into trouble over this, okay?”

“Fine. You’re like my older sister, how can I not obey?” Sayumi frowned and sat down on the couch that the room had.

“Good.” Ai pats her friend on the shoulder and left the room.

“Hm, I’ll just do things without getting into trouble then.” Sayumi smirked and opened the profile she was given earlier.

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dream - Solve