JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ebisu Muscut - Abayo

Author Topic: Sun (updated 25th April!!! CHAPTER 12 up!)  (Read 23234 times)

Offline len.chan

• Po pooo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • coming back to life
Sun
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2006, 04:40:49 PM »
Quote from: goosefish
“What? Too hard to believe?” Miki asks, giving me an icy look. This person who is throwing daggers at me with her eyes gets worried about me? Eehh?! Did some body abduct Miki and replace her with artificial intelligence? Why on earth would she be worried about me?

I've laughed really hard with that XDXD
Good Job again!

Offline katatsumuri

• ecchi
  • Member+
Sun
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2006, 04:51:38 PM »
You're a talented writer. I find myself reading every word you wrote.:D  
It's a good story, with a touch of mystery.

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
Sun
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2006, 06:19:42 PM »
ooooh..the story's getting interesting~~! :D love it when Miki's still doing the cool act after Aya shows up XD
[suspense]what's GAM's connection with this relationship?!? [/suspense]
hurry and post up a new chapter so that we'll find out!! :D:D:D

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Sun
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2006, 06:35:00 PM »
Aliens cannot abduct Miki! It's Miki who abducts aliens and makes them abduct girls for her. XD

Miki seems uneasy with Reina and Gocchin's relationship. Is she really that concerned or is she just jealous? :o

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
Sun
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2006, 09:07:27 PM »
Ooooh, getting interesting indeed~! Gam's connection with Maki and Reina =_=...? I'm thinking of too many scenarios XD... Now you MUST write so I can narrow down the scenarios~!

-wears hardhat for protection-

Offline SeeYa

• Member+
Sun
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2006, 11:13:15 PM »
....My head hurts. Damn it all! Stupid suspense! Now I'm gonna go crazy thinking about all the things that can happen while waiting for the next chapter. How can you make this so interesting! GAM and Maki.... and Reina...I have no idea whats gonna happen, but it's definitely gonna be interesting. *sits and waits*

Offline goosefish

• ecchi
  • Member+
Sun
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2006, 04:02:46 AM »
Sorry, I'll make individual replies later coz right now...I'm in a lazy mood :D

Just wanted to say one thing for the time being:

Quote from: wordsworth
Aliens cannot abduct Miki! It's Miki who abducts aliens and makes them abduct girls for her. XD

HAHAHA! I'm gona have to agree on that 100%!!! XD XD

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
Sun
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2006, 08:40:35 AM »
I don't know why but I found myself laughing at the part where Aya said Miki "cares about you". Maybe I'm nuts or something but I really enjoyed this chapter :)

Offline goosefish

• ecchi
  • Member+
Sun
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2006, 04:23:35 PM »
Hellloooooo ALL! :D

len.chan: lol, I can just imagine Miki saying something like that so I'm glad you luaghed!

katatsumuri: mystery eh?? I've never thought it about it like that, but now its hanging around in my mind! :rolleyes:

jafeijai: haha, I can't answer that so freely! But you'll all find out eventually!

wordsworth: concerned? jealous? all of the above? or none? you'll just have to wait and see!

Yuuyami: haha! that sounds like an order!:P A hardhat eh? I think I need me a few of those too!

SeeYa: *sits and waits with you* *twiddles thumbs* Yeahhh...next chapter coming up right after this!

lil_hamz: Yay! I'm happy that you enjoyed it! :)

Well, thankyou all again for reading!! :heart: :D And here we have the next chapter!

Offline goosefish

• ecchi
  • Member+
Sun
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2006, 04:24:45 PM »
Chapter 5

I don’t know how we ended up here, sitting and facing each other at opposite ends of Maki’s couch in silence. I sit with my knees hugged to my chest, while she casually has one leg folded under her and the other dangling off the side. We stare and stare. My heart pounds as I wonder what’s going through her mind. I can’t stand the tension any more so I finally look away, fidgeting with my hands.

Maki smiles and slides a little way towards me. Is this amusing for her? I’m here ready to leap off her balcony and she’s having a jolly good time.

“What are you doing?” I question her strange behaviour. She doesn’t reply and continues to stare at me, the lightest smile gracing her lips. My eyes narrow as I realise what it could be.

“Stop it!” I cry out in desperation and embarrassment. She looks a little confused.

“Stop what?” she asks innocently. Oh come on, as if she doesn’t know.

“Stop staring at my wonky eye!” I tell her angrily. I hug my knees tighter to my chest and avoid making eye contact. I’ve never actually told anyone to stop looking at my eye before, so I feel a bit weird about saying it to her. I feel my cheeks burn.

“It’s not wonky. It’s cute and I like it,” Maki simply says, continuing to stare. My cheeks must be shining bright red by now.

She doesn’t say anything as she slides closer again. Now she’s staring at my feet. After a few moments she grabs hold of both my ankles. Oh god, please don’t tell me she has some sort of weird foot fetish. I don’t have time to expand on that strange thought because all of a sudden she yanks my feet towards her. Yelping out as I try to regain some sort of balance, I look up to find her chuckling softly. As she continues to drag me towards her by my feet like a rag doll, I wonder if she’s gone insane. What the hell is she doing?

Maki pulls me so that gradually our bodies are touching, and she’s pulled my legs over hers and around her waist. I blush madly. I look at her and she’s blushing too. I don’t know where to put my hands, so I wrap them around the back of her neck, pulling her closer (if that was even possible in this position). My head reels and I think my heart pounds so hard that she could probably hear it. I swallow several times because my throat feels like a dirt track. Locked in this intimate position I can feel every breath she takes, and she can feel mine.

Finally, our lips meet. We kiss slowly and shyly at first. Our tongues dance intimately against each other, and my hands rake through her hair. The intensity builds as we kiss with more hunger, more force and more fire. We break apart for a moment, our breaths ragged and rough. She pushes me onto my back and kisses me again. Everything feels extremely heated. My heart races and so does my mind. I wonder if she’s ever kissed anyone like this before because it feels really good. After a few moments her hands begin to wander. Gently. Lightly. Barely touching me. I yearn for more.

Never in my wildest dreams had I thought about having Maki locked between my legs while passionately making out with her. Ok, that was a lie. I had thought about it, just never thought something like this would actually happen. Maki breaks away from my lips and I feel disappointed. I instantly forget that as soon as I feel her mouth against my neck. Sucking at my skin, leaving wet, hot trails, she makes me want her more than ever before.

Maki tears herself away from my neck because there’s a loud knocking at her door. Great timing. Nice way to kill the moment, whoever you are. Maki is conflicted, she looks at the door and then at me. The pounding continues. We’re still gasping for air, and she can’t decide what she wants to do. I don’t want her to get up.

“Ignore it,” I say firmly. She raises an eyebrow at my blunt command and shifts slightly on top of me. “Please ignore it?” I try to be a little nicer. Whoever is at the door starts calling out. Maki sighs, giving me an apologetic look and tries to untangle herself from me. I don’t want to let her go, but she’s stronger and manages to remove my grips on her.

“I’m really, really sorry. I’ll make it up to you,” she breathes against my lips, sending a nice, fuzzy feeling through my veins as she gives me a quick kiss. I don’t reply. I finally get to spend time with her, and it’s interrupted by someone hammering at the door. Why am I so upset over this? It’s not like we won’t get this opportunity again. I sigh and lie on the couch like a dead sardine as she answers the door.

I know that I was just trying to hide from my doubts, and now that the moment is ruined I have time to begin doubting again. It’s been two weeks since that conversation with the members of GAM, and one and a half weeks since I last saw Maki before this. I didn’t ask her about what she has to do with Miki and Matsuura-san… I was too scared. I’m not sure if they spoke to her at all after they spoke to me, and I’m not entirely sure that I want to know either. I know I’ve been thinking about it too much because last time Maki asked why I wasn’t ‘all there’. I made up some lame excuse about being tired. I don’t think she believed me…but she didn’t question me any further.

Gah…and wasn’t I the one who said we should talk about things more? So why can’t I bring myself to ask her something so simple? ‘Hey Maki-san, what have you got to do with Fujimoto-san and Matsuura-san?’ Hm…it doesn’t seem too hard…

Maki finally closes the door and returns with a small package. I sit up so that she can sit down beside me.

“What’s that?”

“Who knows. It’s from a family friend – he’s a doctor,” Maki replies, beginning to rip open the cardboard box. I wonder if now would be a good time to ask her. “De-stress Yourself in 10 Easy Steps,” Maki reads out the title of the book that was sent to her. For a moment she just stares at it, her eyes seem to glaze over.

“Maki?” I ask quietly, using the name she had told me to use, saying that I was being too formal all the time. What does the look in her eyes mean? I’m a little concerned now…but all she did was read the book title and then she seemed to be in another world. She blinks, looks at me and smiles.

“A little silly isn’t it? This book I mean,” she says and leaves it on her coffee table. She looks thoughtful. “Might be something you could use actually,” Maki says, reaching over to play with the simple bracelet that I’m wearing. I laugh at her.

“Is that so?” I ask playfully, wondering what she’s getting at. Her face remains serious as she pulls me into her arms and rests her head on mine.

“Yeah.”

My smile turns into a frown. Maki sounded sort of… defeated in her answer. For several minutes we sit in silence, thinking about whatever it is we think about. I wonder what she’s thinking about, and why she’s suddenly so uneasy. Maybe Miki said something to her… or maybe she has something to say to me… or maybe… maybe I’m just over analysing things again. I close my eyes and listen her steady breathing.

“All I wanted was for you to relax,” Maki says softly. My eyes snap open. What? What is she talking about? I haven’t voiced any concerns to her… and I haven’t showed any strain to her… at least I think I haven’t…

“What do you mean?” I say, moving my head to look at her. Her eyes show worry.

“I mean…something’s still bothering you. You didn’t say anything to me last time, and I let it be because I thought it would go away…but it hasn’t. Why can’t you just tell me?” Maki asks me sadly. My heart wrenches. She’s been worrying all this time? Why didn’t she say anything to me? Well, I could say the same for myself I suppose… but Maki was keeping quiet about it all this time. I look away uncomfortably… she hit the nail right on the head and I don’t know how to answer her.

“There’s nothing going on Maki,” I look up at her again, hoping she’ll buy it. Why can’t I be honest with her? She gazes into my eyes, searching for some sort of truth. I wonder if she can hear how fast my heart is beating right now.

“Even Miki said that you weren’t yourself lately,” she tells me. I narrow my eyes at the mention of Miki’s name. So Miki had been in contact with Maki? Why would she be? I thought they had nothing to do with each other the moment Gomattou’s activities had stopped.

“Fujimoto-san? What did she say about me?” I ask carefully, not wanting to give away my annoyance with Miki.

“That you were zoning out a lot, and you always had an anxious look on your face…things like that,” Maki replies. I can feel the tension between us steadily rising. It’s rising slowly, but it’s definitely there.

“What would she know?” I ask defensively. How would she know if I have something bothering me or not. In any case Miki is the cause of this entire situation. Why is she playing the innocent guardian? It’s Maki’s turn to narrow her eyes at me, and she pulls her arms away from me.

“Hey, Miki’s just looking out for you,” Maki defends Miki. My blood begins to curdle as I resent the very being that is Miki. I sit there and stare at the coffee table. Whose side is Maki on here? I hear her sigh. “Reina… Miki just told me what she saw, ok? There’s no need to be angry at her. I just asked her to keep an eye on you because I can’t always be there… I get worried about you, you know?” she says calmly, trying to reassure me. It doesn’t work. She asked Miki to keep an eye on me? I’m not some pre-schooler who needs to be looked after all the time. I look at Maki with disbelief as a sense of betrayal washes over me.

“So you think I need babysitting?” I ask her angrily. For half a second she looks confused and then understands what I’m saying. She shakes her head, her eyes full of panic.

“That’s not it! I just wanted to make sure that you’re ok, and Miki always knows when something isn’t right with people…” Maki tries to explain to me, tries to offer some sort of answer that would cool me down.

“I don’t have to be looked after all the time. So what if I’m four years younger than you? If you don’t like it then why did turn up again after all those years? What was the point in that if you were just going to put a watchdog on me? Why would you need one? To make sure I don’t fall and hurt myself? Is that it?”

I don’t even know what the words coming out of my mouth mean anymore. All that matters is that I say something – anything – so that I don’t break down and start crying. I don’t want to cry in front of Maki again. I don’t want to show her that weakness that is the cause of this all, the weakness that I can’t seem to control whenever I’m around Maki. I look at Maki – the shock and hurt in her eyes wrenches at my chest but I don’t say anything to try and ease it. Instead I just sit there stiffly, my eyes locked on hers.

“No,” Maki replies, her voice a mere whisper. This doesn’t even seem to be about Miki anymore, it’s turned into something about us. Seeing the tears form in her eyes is making myself tear up, my chest feels all tight as I try to fight it back.

“Forget it,” I stand up and promptly walk towards the door. I don’t want her to see me crying, so this is all I can do. I’m so frustrated and angry at her, but why do the tears have to show up all the time?

“Reina!” Maki calls out to me.

I don’t stop. I don’t turn around. I don’t say goodbye.

I slam the door shut before she can stop me and run into the elevator. Once the doors close I allow the tears to flow freely, the drops falling onto the floor, making me feel worse by the second.

Why did I get so angry at Maki? Did I overreact? Maybe Miki is partially to blame, because if Maki hadn’t mentioned her name, I wouldn’t have reacted the way I did. Great, now I just sound like I’m looking for someone to lay the blame on. I wipe at my face as I try to calm down.

I know it was more about that fact that Maki thinks that I need to be watched, like some juvenile, making sure I don’t get myself into some sort of trouble. I begin to think that I should go back upstairs to Maki and patch things up with her. It’s at this moment that I feel swamped by shame and embarrassment for acting the way I did. How can I look her in the eye after I carelessly ran out on her? I didn’t even try and listen to what she had to say…

The elevator reaches ground floor. I don’t go back up to Maki. I just keep on walking.

A small part of me wishes that Maki never stepped back into my life. It’s only a small part… but right now it feels so strong.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 02:46:41 PM by goosefish »

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
Sun
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2006, 05:11:08 PM »
AWWWW~! ;____; -but was okay! Had a harhat-

I think I have an idea about Miki and Aya's connection to Maki now, now that I crossed out many scenarios. But I still need to cross some more out to have a definate idea. WRITE MOOOOORE~!

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
Sun
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2006, 06:07:56 PM »
Yay, you got yourself a new fan here! :)

Great story and that last chapter... awwww, really... poor Maki/Reina.
I try figuring out what Miki/Aya have to do with all this, I'm really curious how the story will further unfold.

For several minutes we sit in silence, thinking about whatever it is we think about. I wonder what she’s thinking about, ...

this sentence made me really laugh :D

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Sun
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2006, 08:01:27 PM »
*wipes tears away with a tissue* Aww, so sad! *sniffle*

Offline YoukaiChica

• ecchi
  • Member+
Sun
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2006, 08:30:37 PM »
Ah! I'm away from my computer for two days and everything falls apart! I'm so sad right now. And the chapter started out so happy that I didn't even think it would end like this. Dammit. I need closure! You need to update so I can sleep...

Offline SeeYa

• Member+
Sun
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2006, 04:01:59 AM »
....Oh. Wow. Uh. I've got nothing. Well not exactly.... That....Made.....Me.....Sad. So sad....  

POST MORE!

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Sun
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2006, 06:04:56 AM »
That was good, I like the transition of the mood, from mushy to a lover's quarrel. It just what would have happened in reality. But I have to agree with the others, it's so sad too. :cry:

At least Gocchin doesn't have a foot fetish XD

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline ChrNo

• 「72::29::66」
  • Member+
  • ノノl∂_∂'ル <gao~
Sun
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2006, 12:51:52 PM »
aaah...you like to make it complicated, don't you...
sounds like it's getting complicated because Reina still hasn't accepted it yet, Maki's feelings for her...i mean...she still thinks it can't be...real...oh well that's how i see it...
Chapter 4
“Say Reina, you’re in a really good mood today. Did something special happen?” Eri asks me curiously. I think about last night and feel myself blush at the thought. Luckily, we’re on a break for dance rehearsal and my face is already bright pink. I wipe my face with my towel and just smile at her, not wanting to give too much away.

hahaha...way to go, this girl is too curious XD
We spend the remaining minutes of the break arguing about my happiness and then have to get stuck into the last hour of intense dance practice. [...]As we head for the change rooms Eri and Sayu continue their interrogation on me, even though they’re aware that I won’t let up. I laugh at them, remaining victorious, and tell them to go get changed because they smell. This only fuels them on and they squeal and squeak even more until Miki tells them to be quiet.

:ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO:

Why is it so hard for me to say ‘yes’? Better yet, what does this have to do with her? [...]
Why is Miki prying into my business like this? Normally, she wouldn’t even think twice about something that doesn’t involve her. She already has Matsuura-san, so why is she so concerned about who Maki is seeing? “I am, but…” I hesitate to ask her why she’s so interested. [...]Why is she so curious? Why should she have the right to any of these answers? I feel a little agitated from her direct approach and have a burning desire to just stand up and leave. “Is this what you really want?” Miki hits me with another question. What is she really up to? It’s driving me insane that I don’t know what she hopes to achieve out of this little interrogation of hers.

something weird is coming...i was starting to think that Miki has something with Maki...untill...
“Because she cares about you.”
The voice startles both Miki and I, and we jump in our seats. I look up to see Matsuura-san standing just behind Miki, gazing down at both of us.

hum...interesting...
Wait a second…she cares about me? I mean…not that I mind or anything, but just hearing it actually being said is strange. Especially because it’s Miki.

yep...really really strange XD...i second lil_hamz
she just gets worried about you two sometimes.” I sit there with my mouth most likely wide open.

i can see that XD

“What? Too hard to believe?” Miki asks, giving me an icy look. This person who is throwing daggers at me with her eyes gets worried about me? Eehh?!
...oh well there are still secret part of them that we 'll never know...
Did some body abduct Miki and replace her with artificial intelligence? Why on earth would she be worried about me?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I can’t help but feel a little bit uneasy at the presence of Miki and Matsuura-san. Why did they only make themselves known to me now? Does it have to do with my link to Maki? Why are they concerned about either of us? This is nagging at my mind, and I feel as if the two of them are hiding something from me.

aaahh...i can feel the headache coming ...
Somewhere along the way I pick up the voices of Miki and Matsuura-san behind a door. I thought they had a recording? Stopping dead in my tracks I wonder what they could be so secretively talking about. An uneasy feeling comes over me again as I stand as still as possible and listen

bad girl :P
“If anything goes wrong...”
“I know.”
...i really wonder what's going on and what is going to happen...

Maki.
I miss her already.

awwww....
These certain people who have somehow managed to weave their existences into my already hectic life, and then made me question their motives, made me question them as people, and made me question matters that I’m probably not meant to know about. Matters that concern Maki…how can I not  be concerned?

outch outch outch...you make this little girl worry too much XD she is going to explode...

Chapter 5

really sad and intence chapter...:cry:  you sure are good to change the mood huh...

“Stop it!” I cry out in desperation and embarrassment. She looks a little confused.
now that was weird...tension tension tension everywhere ....booooh~
“Stop staring at my wonky eye!” I tell her angrily. I hug my knees tighter to my chest and avoid making eye contact. I’ve never actually told anyone to stop looking at my eye before, so I feel a bit weird about saying it to her. I feel my cheeks burn.
i don't really understand her behaviour...but ---> "Stop staring at my wonky eye!” :ROFL
Maki tears herself away from my neck because there’s a loud knocking at her door. Great timing. Nice way to kill the moment, whoever you are.

sorry couldn't help myself laughing here...:lol:
“Please ignore it?”

:damnfunny
'Hey Maki-san, what have you got to do with Fujimoto-san and Matsuura-san?’ Hm…it doesn’t seem too hard…
questions questions questions....awswer ?
“De-stress Yourself in 10 Easy Steps,”

give it to Reina XD XD XD XD ----------> [ ]

“All I wanted was for you to relax,” Maki says softly.
Is Reina that easy to read ?
“Fujimoto-san? What did she say about me?” I ask carefully, not wanting to give away my annoyance with Miki.
trouble trouble trouble...
“Reina… Miki just told me what she saw, ok? There’s no need to be angry at her.

i second that...
I’m not some pre-schooler who needs to be looked after all the time.

lol....
it’s turned into something about us.
uh oh...

I don’t stop. I don’t turn around. I don’t say goodbye.
I slam the door shut before she can stop me and run into the elevator. Once the doors close I allow the tears to flow freely, the drops falling onto the floor, making me feel worse by the second.
Why did I get so angry at Maki? Did I overreact?

:cry:
Great, now I just sound like I’m looking for someone to lay the blame on. I wipe at my face as I try to calm down.
hehehe...she is still conscious...
A small part of me wishes that Maki never stepped back into my life. It’s only a small part… but right now it feels so strong.

outch outch outch...
stop torturing her gossefish XD

Offline goosefish

• ecchi
  • Member+
Sun
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2006, 03:49:38 PM »
Yuuyami: so what do you think Miki and Aya have to do with Maki? I'm interested in how people perceive the relationship between those three in my fic, so care to share your thoughts? :)

coachie: HIII!! *waves at you*. Welcome to Sun, glad that you somehow managed to find your way into this fic! :P

rndmnwierd: aww! *throws a box of tissues in your general direction*

YoukaiChica: looks like you won't be sleeping for a couple of days then! hehe.

SeeYa: Lol. More will be posted...when more is ready :D

wordsworth: Lol @ your comment about Maki + foot fetish!! XD XD

ChrNo: I love your commentary on segments of my chapters! I like reading reactions to the various parts. :rolleyes:  Yay!! Oh, and I am NOT torturing her! It just so happens that...things turn out that way! Lol

Offline goosefish

• ecchi
  • Member+
Sun
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2006, 03:22:26 PM »
Chapter 6

Three days.

It’s been three days since I walked out on Maki. Three days since I last saw her face. Three days since I last heard her voice. Three days since I threw meaningless, angry words at her.

Three days.

For three days I have been at work on autopilot, my mind a million miles away. For three days I have stared intently at my phone, wishing that Maki would call me. For three days I have been sitting near my front door, wishing that Maki would knock on it. For three days, I have endlessly and listlessly been watching TV, searching for some variety show with Maki as guest. If only I could see her again, even if it is through some pre-recorded show.

My body aches from sitting in the same position for too many hours, unable to move for fear of missing my chance to see or hear Maki again. My heart aches too. It aches because for three days, I’ve missed Maki immensely. It aches because it’s over flowing with guilt and anxiety. Why hasn’t she called me? Sent me a message? Come to see me in person? It’s because I’m the one who broke everything between us. I’m the one who yelled at her. I’m the one to blame.

So then why haven’t I called her? Why haven’t I messaged her? Why haven’t I gone to see her in person? Because I’m scared. I’m scared of what she’ll say to me and how she’ll look at me. But more than that, I’m scared that she won’t say anything to me, and that she won’t even look at me. It’ll break my heart into even smaller pieces than it is already in.

My stomach grumbles in the silence and I wonder when the last time I had a decent meal was. I can’t remember. Food isn’t a priority in my mind right now. I’m more worried about Maki. What if she hasn’t been looking after herself? What if she hasn’t eaten or slept or done anything to keep herself healthy?

My mind wonders back to our last quarrel. What worries me is how she didn’t respond when I accused her of seeing me as a mere child. Why didn’t she answer? Why didn’t she defend herself? Why didn’t she shout at me for being unreasonable? Why did she just let me get away with it?

All these questions left unanswered are giving me a headache. It’s sort of funny, these past few weeks I’ve given myself more headaches than I have in my entire lifetime. I thought love was supposed to make you happier, and give you wings, and make you soar through the air without any worries to hinder you. Not make you angry and confused, and make you feel sick to your stomach stressing about things you shouldn’t need to stress about and give you headaches.

I lazily roll over and switch on the TV. The bright colours dance about on the walls in the darkness of my living room. I stare at them with envy, they look so carefree, prancing about from here to there. I flip through a few channels, searching for any sign of Maki. With her move from idol to artist I thought there would be more publicity around. The idol I so greatly admire has grown to be even bigger, expanding her world, reaching out to grasp the things that she desires with ease.

A familiar chorus comes from the TV and I look up to see the faces of two people that forced themselves into my world. GAM’s CM for Thanks! is playing, and I watch them sing and dance in their pink getups. Who are these people? I sigh as I change the channel, unable to look at them any longer.

A knock comes from the door. My heart skips a beat and my chest begins to feel tight. Is Maki here? I sit on the couch, too stunned to move. What if I’m just imagining that someone is knocking on the door? I shake my head vigorously, telling myself to not be so stupid. The knocking continues. I hastily get up and run to the door, and swinging it open I see –

“GAM desu~!”

I stand there in disbelief. Why do they look so happy? More importantly, why are they even here?! Before I can ask, the two force their entry into my apartment. My suspicion about them rises even more, even though I’m not really sure of what I’m suspicious about exactly. I sigh as I close the door behind them. I’m not in the mood for entertaining guests, especially guests that have some sort of connection to Maki but aren’t saying anything about it.

“Come in, come in,” I say unenthusiastically, even though they’re already sitting on the couch. Make yourselves at home while you’re at it.

“Have you been sitting in the dark all this time? Switch the lights on,” Miki orders me. I sigh and do as she says. Not really wanting to sit too close to them, I bring a chair and put it near the couch before sitting down.

“Do you want something to drink?” I ask out of habit, and then mentally smack myself for it. I’m already agitated at them for just being here.

“No, we won’t be here for long,” Matsuura-san waves a hand in decline. Well, that’s good to hear at least.

“What did you do to Maki?” Miki asks. I think my mouth falls wide open. She sure jumped straight into her interrogation quickly. I stare at her with my eyes wide in shock. Matsuura-san hits Miki on the arm.

“What Miki means to say is, what happened between the two of you?” Matsuura-san asks nicely. She seems so genuine that it makes me momentarily forget any doubts I had about her and Miki. I look down and fidget with my hands. Isn’t this getting a little too personal? Why should I tell them what went on that day with Maki? Wait, how do they even know that something happened in the first place?

“Uh… how…do you know?” I say like an idiot. I didn’t even finish the entire question, but they seem to understand.

“You’ve been pretty obvious at work you know… walking around with that glazed look on your face… walking into chairs and tables, and even into Koharu-chan… it’s not healthy Reina,” Miki explains to me. I feel something inside me stir. Her tone of voice was softer than usual, genuine like Matsuura-san’s voice earlier.

Why is it that I feel like I can suddenly trust these two? I want to tell them everything, I want to pour out my heart to them, I want to ask for help and guidance. Why now? Why so suddenly? I’m being torn in two directions. One part of me doesn’t want to believe them or trust them, while the other is willing to open up completely to them, willing to let them get closer to me. Which one do I choose? I finally look up into their eyes. Their eyes. They don’t seem normal right now. They show only sincere concern as they sit quietly and wait for me to say something. My heart has already chosen – I can trust them.

“You can talk to us, you know? It doesn’t have to be now… just, anytime you want…” Matsuura-san says gently, and Miki nods in agreement, offering an encouraging smile.

Once again, I feel tears gathering in my eyes. How could I have ever doubted them? I’m sure I was just being silly and maybe a little overprotective about their relationship with Maki. I’m sure that they’re all just good friends and that’s why these two are looking out for me. As I realise this, the tears finally escape from my eyes. I feel the urge to apologise for treating them like aliens, when they were just so concerned about me. I want to say I’m sorry for not believing in them in the first place. But I don’t do any of that. I just sit there and cry.

I don’t know why I suddenly feel so ready to accept Miki and Matsuura-san, but I’m glad that I finally have. Maybe it’s because I feel so vulnerable after arguing with Maki, that I’m unintentionally looking for someone to lean against. Maybe it’s because I feel guilty for suspecting them of things that I don’t even know what I was suspecting them for. Maybe it’s because really, they’re actually human beings, and they honestly care about Maki and I. Whatever the reason is, it has brought me to this point, completely embracing Miki and Matsuura-san with gratefulness and maybe a little dependence upon them.

I know that whatever issues and problems I have with Maki will eventually be solved and sorted through. I know that I can keep on moving forward with Maki’s hand in mine, because Miki and Matsuura-san are behind the both of us all the way, keeping an eye out for us, cushioning us when we fall and offering wise words of advice when we remain clueless.

At some point, Matsuura-san pulls me to sit down on the couch, and like a mother nurturing her young, she cradles me with tender affection, gently stroking my hair and telling me that everything will work out. Miki pushes my coffee table aside and demotes herself to sit on the floor beside my legs. She reaches up an arm, and takes one of my hands in her own. It’s her own way of comforting me, and I smile inside at how lucky I am to have found these two. No. I’m lucky that these two have found me.

Eventually I calm down, and having cried out all I can. I tell them everything that happened between Maki and I. From the day at kick-base practice to our first little hiccup to the day I yelled at her. I tell them everything. Miki and Matsuura-san don’t judge me, they only listen and take it all in. After I have confessed my heart out, they stay for a little while longer to make sure that I’m ok. I thank them again and again, words not enough to express my gratitude towards the two.

As I turn in for the night, exhausted beyond belief, I wonder how I ever doubted Miki and Matsuura-san in the first place. Somewhere deep inside, I know that it was a defence mechanism. My instincts instantly told me that I could trust them, but the walls surrounding my heart shot up, not wanting to let anyone get too close. That’s why their presence felt comforting and odd at the same time.

I dearly miss Maki right now…it hurts to think about her. In this darkness, the sun’s rays have dimmed a little, making it hard for me to see clearly. I can’t feel the warmth as strongly anymore, but amongst the darkness and uncertainty, two stars have appeared and helped guide me my time of need. The three former members of Gomattou have somehow weaved their ways into my life. I’m still in the process of learning about them on a more personal level, but I feel that with the three of them to lean against, it’ll be hard for me to lose my way.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 03:35:30 PM by goosefish »

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
Sun
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2006, 04:39:34 PM »
WHOA...O_O....great chapter goosefish!! :thumbsup i really like how you described Reina's feelings at the beginning...the pain of being lovesick..so sad :cry:

so GAM is genuinely concerned? hm..normally i'd doubt that, and wonder if there was an evil plot in the process, but in this case, i'm gonna say YATTA~ at least now Reina has someone to lean on when she's hurting...:D

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ebisu Muscut - Abayo