JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Minami Takahashi - ITOSHIKUTEKOISHISUGITE

Author Topic: The random Idol postwhore thread  (Read 484778 times)

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
Re: The random Idol postwhore thread
« Reply #1040 on: October 12, 2015, 11:08:17 AM »
But maybe I get what you mean - not just interviews and lives, but more, hmm, structure/overall things linking everything together.
Exactly. For a documentation of insight into the idol world it had too long live videos and too less "journalism". For a live dvd on the other hand viceaversa: too much talk.
For example I would like someone to explore the interaction during lives between the audience and the idols on stage. This is something unique and new for many viewers not acquainted with idols. It would explain much better the infatuation towards the genre.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1041 on: October 12, 2015, 12:09:50 PM »

Not sure it's a good thing with Rei stage-diving, in Japan the fans seem to be very polite but not sure drunken westerners always will be.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 01:20:56 PM by Rezar »

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #1042 on: October 12, 2015, 03:49:03 PM »
^It's not a good idea... Ask SNH48 members to tell the girls about Drunken Westerners.....

http://akb48-daily.blogspot.hk/2015/10/snh48-members-harassed-by-drunk-men.html?m=1

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1043 on: October 12, 2015, 05:33:54 PM »
I would even delete the 'drunken' part.
In western music are there even examples of female artists stage diving? Popular mainstream music that is?
Even more strange they really do it overseas. Though on the other hand they can be certain that the majority are idol fans there as well and therefore behave (not so subtle self-paise ;) )

Offline mayuki_daisuki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1044 on: October 12, 2015, 11:11:10 PM »
Saochu and Non-chan are my fave I was there when they came to hyper japan they were REALLY GOOD :cathappy:  :heart:
https://www.facebook.com/jasmine.i.higgs/videos/vb.100000529661489/1088329591194686/?type=2&theater
My kami-oshi is Mayuyu, and my oshimen is Oku Manami.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1045 on: October 13, 2015, 01:01:17 AM »
I think if anyone was drunk in the front of LADY BABY, after they had waited over 90 minutes for them to start, they would have been sober. The terrible DJ selection didn't help either. Seems like Rie and Rei got caught up in the moment.

More Honey Spice!

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #1046 on: October 13, 2015, 01:02:54 AM »
Replying to a bunch of topics  XD

Exactly. For a documentation of insight into the idol world it had too long live videos and too less "journalism". For a live dvd on the other hand viceaversa: too much talk.
For example I would like someone to explore the interaction during lives between the audience and the idols on stage. This is something unique and new for many viewers not acquainted with idols. It would explain much better the infatuation towards the genre.

That would be really interesting! Something exploring not just the on-stage interaction, but the whole idol-fan relationship would be great... and it's always nice for me to try and get an insight into how things work with regular Japanese fans who attend a lot of the events...

Re: Ladybaby in NYC...

That livestream really pissed me off... they were one and a half hours late and the stream was the worst quality... constantly cutting out...

As for the stage-diving comment... all members were happy to hug fans after the event (from pics I've seen...)

Saochu and Non-chan are my fave I was there when they came to hyper japan they were REALLY GOOD :cathappy:  :heart:
https://www.facebook.com/jasmine.i.higgs/videos/vb.100000529661489/1088329591194686/?type=2&theater

Awesome! Nice photo :)

Wasn't expected someone to post that as a follow up, from a fellow Mayuyu fan, too :)

I hope they come back!

Random Saochu facts: she's ex-Alice Project, and is studying English at university.
Um, I know nothing about Non-chan though  XD

Chihiro

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #1047 on: October 13, 2015, 01:42:12 AM »
Something exploring not just the on-stage interaction, but the whole idol-fan relationship would be great... and it's always nice for me to try and get an insight into how things work with regular Japanese fans who attend a lot of the events...
Then this is a must read (if you haven't already): http://www.tofugu.com/2015/09/01/life-of-a-japanese-idol-otaku/
It's insightful, to say the least...

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1048 on: October 13, 2015, 03:35:49 AM »
♥ When ♥ 10/13/2015
♥ What Time ♥ Doors Open at 6:00pm
♥ Where ♥ Anime Jungle
319 E 2nd St #103, Los Angeles, CA 90012
♥ Admission ♥ Free with purchase of LADYBABY merch
(Merch at Jungle Zero will open at 5:30pm)

1) In order to attend this event, you have to purchase any of LADYBABY's merchandise or Clearstone Costumes such as Kigurumi or school uniform at Jungle Zero to receive a wristband.
(Jungle Zero store opens at 5:30pm)
2) Once you get a wristband, you will form a line and we can let in first 200 people for sure and depending on how crowded the store will be, we will be able to let in more people. However, even if you cannot get in during the event, as long as you're in that line with your wristband, you will have a photo opportunity with LADYBABY after the event.

♥ Program ♥
Opening Set by DJ Monika Starling
LADYBABY Mini Concert
LADYBABY Talk Show
Photo Opportunity w/ LADYBABY
Halloween Themed Fashion Show

♥ LADYBABY ♥
Ladybaby is a group from Japan that mixes the sound of J-Pop and heavy metal into a genre called ”KAWAIICORE.” LadyBaby was formed by LadyBeard, a cross-dressing Australian wrestler, and 2 other Japanese teenage girls, Rie Kaneko and Rei Kuromiya, in order to promote the Japanese costume company, Clearstone. Soon after they released their shockingly kawaii music video on Youtube, they hit 5 million views in only 2 weeks. LADYBABY is about to take over the world beyond the boundaries of national borders, gender, and all generations in the most "kawaii" way possible!

Nippon Manju

http://www.facebook.com/ladybaby2015/
http://www.clearstone.co.jp/ladybaby/

♥ Hosted by ♥
Chelly-Jelly Productions
http://www.facebook.com/CherryJellyProductions

Anime Jungle
https://www.facebook.com/animejungle.LA

ladybaby in los angeles (i will be there  :twothumbs wearing a 'tiger, fire, cyber, fiber, diver, viber' t-shirt )  :cow: me and my friend are gonna try to get there close to 2pm

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #1049 on: October 13, 2015, 06:04:01 AM »
Rei, such a crazy girl.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1050 on: October 13, 2015, 07:15:47 AM »
200 people? Are they insane?! I hope for the sake of people in LA that the DJ there has a better catalog of songs.

If anything, stage diving overseas seems more dangerous because like 90% of the people in the audience are watching through the screens on their mobile devices or someone could get stabbed by a selfie stick.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1051 on: October 13, 2015, 07:39:34 AM »
Rei, such a crazy girl.

that she is  XD

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1052 on: October 13, 2015, 08:58:47 AM »
In western music are there even examples of female artists stage diving? Popular mainstream music that is?

I could probably find other examples, but as far as "female popular mainstream music" goes here's Beyonce doing a stage dive . . .

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1053 on: October 13, 2015, 09:15:10 AM »

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1055 on: October 14, 2015, 05:43:49 AM »
Saw a link to this video in a tweet, not bad . . .

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 02:57:54 PM by iamcrazymike »

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1056 on: October 15, 2015, 11:50:45 AM »
New Yurumerumo!

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #1057 on: October 15, 2015, 05:13:42 PM »
Angel Generation sub-sub-group, NGT48 competition

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1058 on: October 15, 2015, 05:58:47 PM »
Saw a link to this video in a tweet, not bad . . .
Those half-cut pants :bleed eyes:

About Yurumerumo:
That is the kind of song I want to hear more often from them.  :twothumbs
If it wouldn't be for their poppy songs...

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1059 on: October 15, 2015, 10:06:51 PM »
One of Rinahamu's projects (ex BiS/Akishibu Project) not really my style but she's so cute :)

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Minami Takahashi - ITOSHIKUTEKOISHISUGITE