JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sonim - Anything But Ordinary

Author Topic: General Korean Movie Thread  (Read 20715 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: General Korean Movie Thread
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2010, 10:19:33 AM »
This shit looks bad ass, The Man from Nowhere:

crazy ass action movie!

An ex-special agent CHA Tae-sik's only connection to the rest of the world is a little girl, So-mi, who lives nearby. So-mi's mother, Hyo-jeong smuggles drugs from a drug trafficking organization and entrusts Tae-sik with the product, without letting him know. When the traffickers find out they kidnap both Hyo-jeong and So-mi. Mistaking Tae-sik for another mule, the brothers that lead the gang promise to release Hyo-jeong and So-mi if Tae-sik makes a delivery for them. After much consideration, Tae-sik makes the decision to face the outside world in order to rescue So-mi. At the same time, Hyo-jeong's disemboweled body is discovered, and Tae-sik realizes that So-mi's life may also be in danger. In the process, he discovers that their drug ring operates around kidnapped children. Stumbling upon a factory where the brothers have children's organs removed to accommodate the drugs, Tae-sik rescues one child just before surgery and becomes enraged at the prospect So-mi may already be dead. Tae-sik prepares for a battle with Man-sik and Jong-sik, putting his own life at risk.

source: http://twitchfilm.net/news/2010/06/korea-gets-a-new-action-hero-the-man-from-nowhere-trailer-arrives.php

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 05:10:32 AM »
i know a good movie when I see it XD

"The Man From Nowhere" tops local box office once again

Korean action film "The Man From Nowhere" maintained its title as the most-watched movie in the country during the weekend of August 13 to 15, scoring its second win on the local box office.

According to the Korean Box Office System (KOBIS) on Monday, "Man," which opened in theaters in early August, attracted more moviegoers this weekend than the previous three-day period, selling 759,095 tickets which is an increase by 56,464 viewers.

"Man," starring Korean actor Won Bin and child actress Kim Sae-ron, is about a reclusive man named Tae-shik (Won Bin), a former special agent who runs a pawn shop and befriends So-mi (Kim), the young girl next door.

Meanwhile, new Korean thriller "I Saw the Devil," starring Hallyu star Lee Byung-hun and Choi Min-sik, entered the movie charts at No. 2 with 518,142 admissions, while Leonardo DiCaprio starrer "Inception" slipped a notch from last week to third place with 434,600 viewers.

Pixar's animated film "Toy Story 3" held onto the No. 4 spot on the chart with 290,434 tickets sold and Hollywood action pic "Salt" dropped two spots to fifth with 239,719 admissions.

Other movies on the top 10 included "Step Up 3-D," "Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang," "Ocean World 3D," "The Experiment" and "Moss."

Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

source: http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010081609461224048

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 05:18:45 AM »
Thanks to my super fast internet and too much free time I've watched several movies this week, mostly in the horror genre except for "Actresses" LoL

It started with this movie that was free on On Demand, I've been wanting to see for some time

Whispering Corridors 4: Voice

I didn't realize that the main girl Kim Ok-Bin was in this, I remember her from the drama "Over the Rainbow" and turns out that the girl who plays her best friend (Seo Ji-Hye) was also in the same drama with her so they've worked together twice. There's a girl there that looks like a creepy version of SNSD's Yoona.

I then ended up watching 2 more Kim Ok-Bin movies "Actresses" and "Thirst".

I think I had downloaded "Actresses" before watching "Voice" and didn't realize Kim Ok-Bin was in it. LoL It's an interesting movie where 5 Korean actresses from their 20s to 60s come together for a Vogue photoshoot but things aren't go as planned. The cool thing is that they're all playing themselves, some parts are scripted but the majority of the dialogue is improvised by the actresses. So it's a mix of acting and reality. Ok-Bin is a bit awkward and offbeat in this one, it's cute. It was from this movie that I found out she was in "Thirst"

I've been hearing about this movie on the MYX channel since last year and it's by the guy who made "Old Boy". I've seen his other movies "Lady Vengence", "I'm a Cyborg but that's OK" so I know his movies are a bit whacked. All I've been hearing about this movie is that it was a vampire movie. But it was nothing what I expected! The only thing vampirish about this movie is the craving for blood but other than that it was all kinds of crazy. I actually laughed more (in surprise and disbelief) than being creeped out, there's some intentional dark comedy in it.  But wow, Kim Ok-Bin was crazy and freaking hot in this movie, her best role yet. I think I have a girlcrush on her now, and I admit it's because she looked strangely sexy in her nude/sex scenes. Nevermind that the lead actor was 20 years old than her IRL. Although a warning, there is male frontal nudity in this movie, one of the firsts in Korea cinema. But it's one of the most interesting movies I've seen by far.

Ok, then I came back to watching the other "Whispering Corridors" movies.

Whispering Corridors 3: Wishing Stairs

I've been wanting to watch this one for a long time too. I found out that Park Han-Byul (aka Se7en's long time girlfriend, who also looks like Jun Ji-Hyun) is in it along with Song Ji-Hyo who looks a bit like Kim Ok-Bin (argh, the girl won't leave me alone! LoL). Probably the creepier and better movie of the series (saw part 2 a few months ago).

Continuing with the school horror movies. I found "Death Bell 2: Bloody Camp", the movie just came out in theaters last month in Korea so I was surprised to find it in good quality. I watched it without subs, but despite that I thought it wasn't as great as the first one although more bloody and gorey than the first one. It's only good if you're a fan of T-ara's Jiyeon who is the main girl in the movie. If you look hard enough you'll also see T-ara's Boram in the background in a few scenes (she did have lines and longer screentime but they were edited out in the final cut). Btw, FYI T-ara's Eunjung was in the first Death Bell movie. I guess I'll give a better review of this when subs come out.

Finally, I watched the 5th installment of the "Whispering Corridors" series: "Blood Pledge" which I think is the last movie of the series. Btw, none of the movies are sequels to each other, it's all a separate story so you can watch it in any order. I this one had a slightly better story and probably the one with the most scares (as in the ghost pops out and loud music kind of scares) whereas the others were creepy but mostly dramatic. One of the main girls looks like a SNSD Seohyun and Krystal lookalike.

Whispering Corridors 5: Blood Pledge

Now, I have to watch the first Whispering Corridors movie which I downloaded a long time ago but never got a chance to watch. But I kinda don't want to cuz it looks so old and dated LoL But I want to give a ranking of all 5 movies of the series.

So yeah, and this has been your K-(horror) movie review with °e who has nothing better to do on her days off. LoL
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 05:24:11 AM by DO Me DO Me »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 05:59:40 AM »
:bow: :bow: bless us with ur presence °e That's a lotta movies XD i admit I haven't seen any Korean horror. just a lot of action gangsta ones.

gotta find a way to hustle the one with Jiyeon <3

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 09:26:24 AM »

LOL YES

Korea and Canada produce first joint movie

Producers in Korea and Canada have come together to create a full-length Korean feature, the first movie ever to be co-produced by the two countries.

WE Pictures, the Korean side of the film's producer, announced in a press release on Thursday that they have come together with Vancouver-based Seoul Sisters to co-produce a romantic comedy titled "Shotgun Love."

Seoul Sisters, a production company run by Korean-Canadians, will provide 22 percent of the film's budget, the statement said.

Starring popular singer and actor Im Chang-jung and actress Kim Gyu-ri, formerly named Kim Min-sun, is about how a 30-something man named Sang-yeol (Im) stuck in a dead-end job, marries his colleague So-yeon (Kim) after finding out that she is pregnant with his child.

The film cranks out on November 12 and will be released in local theaters in early 2011 through major local distributor Lotte Entertainment.

WE Pictures, interested in producing Korean films for an international market, has horror film "Soul Station" and sci-fi flick "ELYSIUM" in development.

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010110416070997170

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2010, 11:28:09 AM »
"The Man From Nowhere" be DAT GANGSTA SHIT!!

DUDE IS COLD BLOODED!!

actress was fine too :9

check it at The Asshole

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2011, 03:45:49 AM »
LOLWUT XD

The Last Godfather (2010) Trailer - Shim Hyung-rae, Harvey Keitel,

Offline david260684

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 09:24:36 PM »
is man from nowhere role by won bin already release..?

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2011, 10:20:33 PM »
^ Yeah. cuz I totally fucking posted a download, go check it out...................SON

《만추》 "Late Autumn" opens February 17, 2011

looks interesting starring Wei Tang & Hyun-Bin: A Korean and Chinese immigrant meet on a bus to Seattle. The woman is on temporary release from prison & the man is on the run from the police. A love story then takes place over three days ...

Offline tdizo

• ecchi
  • =D
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2011, 06:25:08 AM »
71-Into the Fire was pretty good. Historical, and had action and I like war time movies.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2011, 08:54:43 PM »
Heavy dose of films from Korea lately...Time, which I've seen a few times, just keeps getting better and better. :thumbsup

Just viewed this for the first time, for sure a minor classic and one really worth your time, The Classic. :)

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2011, 01:28:40 AM »
this looks good....wanna see....

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2012, 10:25:22 PM »
Just viewed Castaway on the Moon and was mighty impressed with it :)... a guy heavily into debt jumps off a bridge into the Han River trying to kill himself and instead gets washed up onto a deserted island in the river and somehow this shutin living in a hi-rise spies on him thru her telescope thinking he's an alien.... recommened if you like stange, quirky types of films. 8)

Edit reason: those 2 letter words are so hard to spell. :banghead:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 02:04:51 AM by Yoshino »

Offline yo mamam

• ecchi
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2012, 11:03:33 AM »
introduction to architecture i hope i can watch the movie, suzy hehehe

Offline acapzyeah

• ecchi
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2012, 02:13:16 PM »
i know a good movie when I see it XD

"The Man From Nowhere" tops local box office once again

Korean action film "The Man From Nowhere" maintained its title as the most-watched movie in the country during the weekend of August 13 to 15, scoring its second win on the local box office.

According to the Korean Box Office System (KOBIS) on Monday, "Man," which opened in theaters in early August, attracted more moviegoers this weekend than the previous three-day period, selling 759,095 tickets which is an increase by 56,464 viewers.

"Man," starring Korean actor Won Bin and child actress Kim Sae-ron, is about a reclusive man named Tae-shik (Won Bin), a former special agent who runs a pawn shop and befriends So-mi (Kim), the young girl next door.

Meanwhile, new Korean thriller "I Saw the Devil," starring Hallyu star Lee Byung-hun and Choi Min-sik, entered the movie charts at No. 2 with 518,142 admissions, while Leonardo DiCaprio starrer "Inception" slipped a notch from last week to third place with 434,600 viewers.

Pixar's animated film "Toy Story 3" held onto the No. 4 spot on the chart with 290,434 tickets sold and Hollywood action pic "Salt" dropped two spots to fifth with 239,719 admissions.

Other movies on the top 10 included "Step Up 3-D," "Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang," "Ocean World 3D," "The Experiment" and "Moss."

source: http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010081609461224048
really recommend this movie. so moving and action packed. Full of dignity too ecspecially the last fight with the vietnam(?) guy

Offline set_burner

• Feel to Follow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2012, 01:06:29 AM »
looks like there's a lot of love for the man from nowhere. might check it out soon. last korean moovie i watched was speedy scandal w/ park boyoung. noot bad!

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2012, 11:52:42 AM »
The Korean Film Archive's has 70 full-length classic films (with English subs!) on their Youtube channel:

Some notables:
살인나비를 쫓는 여자 A Woman After a Killer Butterfly
살인나비를 쫓는 여자 A Woman After a Killer Butterfly

Quote from: IMDB
A dour student, Young-gul, crosses paths with an elderly book salesman obsessed with Hitler and Nietzsche, a two-thousand year-old female corpse, and a mad scientist. Young-gul wants to commit suicide but the book salesman insists the human will even overcome biological death. Young-gul tests this by trying to kill him. Later the corpse comes to life in the hope that Young-gul will impregnate her. 

말띠신부 Horse-year Bride

말띠신부 Horse-year Bride

Quote from: Description
It is the year of the white horse that arrives every sixty years. Three women (Women 1, Hwang Jeong-soon, 2, Nam Mi-ri, 3 Um Aing-ran) avoid sleeping with their husbands so they won't conceive girls on the year of the horse. However, young and healthy husbands (Husband 1 Park Am, 2, Yoon Il-bong, 3, Shin Seong-il) fall into great dilemma. Husbands make up 'pestling' exercise to release their energy and try their best to persuade their wives. Episodes such as lying about being pregnant to avoid having intercourse bring about cold war between husbands and wives. But in the end, they decide to forget about superstitions about the fate of girls born on the year of horse and return to their once-happy-relationships with one another.

돼지가 우물에 빠진 날 The Day a Pig Fell into a Well
돼지가 우물에 빠진 날 The Day a Pig Fell into a Well
Quote from: Description
Hyo-seop is a miserable novelist who has not yet published a single decent novel. He visits a publishing company where one of his junior colleagues works only to confirm that his manuscripts are worthless. That night, he goes out for a drink with friends, gets into a fight with a critic and ends up in jail. While suffering from a sense of inferiority and victim mentality for being treated as a third-class novelist, Hyo-seop falls madly in love with a married woman, Bo-kyung. Bo-kyung's husband Dong-woo has mysophobia and often goes on a business trip to Jinju. However, he doesn't trust Bo-kyung wholeheartedly. On the other hand, Minjae, a girl who works at a ticket booth in a movie theater, dreams of marrying novelist Hyo-seop. She is a girl with some sense of vanity and illusion of becoming a novelist's wife. She is happy as she helps Hyo-seop with editing his manuscripts. However, Hyo-seop is not satisfied with Minjae and indulges himself in an affair with Bo-kyung. Bo-kyung believes that she can always come back to her senses whenever she wants to and decides to escape from her marriage with Hyo-seop.

Offline myang160

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2012, 06:07:52 AM »
What's the point of this tread? Do you guys just say your favorite korean movie? or something else? can i ask you guys to recommend me a good korean action movie?

Offline aerokinesis

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 03:51:50 AM »

<3 Lee Byung Hun

Offline kogoryo

• ecchi
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2012, 06:14:40 PM »
is there any site where i can watch K-Movies online ?

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sonim - Anything But Ordinary