JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Predators - Mustang Hippie

Author Topic: SEARCH [ . C #28 + Epilogue ] 31 December 2011  (Read 43673 times)

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
Re: SEARCH [ . # 5 updated 11 June 2011 ]
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2011, 02:46:00 PM »
 . [ # 06 ]

"What is the bus Haru's supposed to take in order to get home?" Haru asked herself as she stood alone at the bus stop outside the Disney shop. She raised her head and checked the bus schedules attached to metal pole. "Ah. . . Haru don't remember." Haru pouted as she buried her face into the Donald Duck stuffed toy she was hugging in her embrace that was half the size she was. 'How? What should Haru do?' Haru looked up from the fur and sighed heavily.

Just then, her eyes caught a familiar figure on the street. Tightening her grip around the stuff toy in her embrace, Haru began to pick up her speed and chased after the figure wobbly. The Donald Duck that she was carrying was blocking half of her vision, and was interfering with her ability to run properly without tripping forward. "Onee-chan?" Haru called out as loudly as she could.

The figure meters away from her made no response. "Onee-chan?" Haru called out again, a little bit louder than before. That had successfully attracted attention of a couple of passer-by on the street by not the target of her call. 'That was the Onee-chan Mama brought back home on Haru's birthday, isn't that so?' Haru thought silently in her mind, trying to reconfirm the identity of the lady she was chasing after.

"Onee-chan!" Haru called out for the third time and had succeeded in attracting the attention of her target. She slowed down her steps and puffed a couple of deep breaths, trying to bring in extra oxygen into her system.

"Are you calling me?" Ai asked as she turned around to the source of the call, only to come face to face with the face of the Donald Duck. "Who?" Ai questioned quietly.

"Hai! It's Haru calling Onee-chan!" Haru huffed between her breaths. She shifted the stuffed toy a little lower, revealing the features of an adolescence.

"Do I know you?" Ai asked as she raised an eyebrow, looking intensively at Haru.

"Onee-chan does not remember Haru?" Haru pouted as counter-questioned Ai, resulting a frown to be formed on Ai's face.

"Do I know you?" Ai asked again.

"Onee-chan had been to Haru's home before and slept on Haru's bed. Onee-chan don't remember?" Haru continued.

"I've been to your house?" Ai repeated.

"You know Haru's Mama, don't you? If not Mama won't bring you back home." Haru added on as she pressed her lips together and stared at Ai with her slight teary eyes.

"Mama?" Ai repeated again as she searched her memories for any matched situation to what the little one before her had claimed. "Ah! That Gaki!" Ai exclaimed.

"Gaki? Haru's not a brat." Haru responded as she looked away from Ai's eyes and shifted her attention down on the Donald stuffed toy she was hugging onto. Tears were starting to brim at the corner of her eyes. A single tear began to slide down her cheek and lingered at the edge of her chin.

"I'm not talking about you." Ai panicked a little, after sensing the sudden change of Haru's emotion. "It's . . . It's . " Ai stuttered. 'What should I say ? What is she doing alone on the streets anyway?'

Haru made no response to Ai. She continued to stare intensely on the stuffed toy.

"Say, what are you doing alone on the streets?" Ai tried to asked. 'Where's that Gaki?' Ai continued thinking in her mind as she glanced around her surroundings. Haru remained as quiet as she was. "If you are not speaking, I'm leaving." Ai continued as she observed the reaction of the girl before her.

Upon hearing that Ai was going to leave, Haru panicked. "Don't." Haru blurted out as looked up immediately.

"What are you doing alone on the streets, little one?" Ai asked again.

"Haru had forgotten which bus Haru should take to go home. Can Onee-chan help Haru?" Haru explained.

"Huh?" Ai shot her eyes big open and looked at Haru.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tadaima." Risa called out in the mist of darkness. Risa had just returned home from work, expecting that the house would be brightly illuminated, with an overly excited daughter running down the hallway to welcome her home just like the other days. The darkness of the apartment was not something she had expected. "Haru-chan?" Risa called out as she flicked the switch, bringing light into the apartment. She removed her shoes, bringing herself into the apartment. "Why are you?" Risa continued calling out as she passed by the living and dining room and down the hallway, towards the direction where Haru's bedroom was.

"Haru-chan?" Risa called out again and she swung open the room door, only to be welcomed by the same silence she experienced moments ago. 'Something's not right.' Risa noted mentally in her mind. She shut the door and began to pace herself back to the living room. "Haru-chan?"

Risa reached her hand into her coat's pocket for her mobile phone and pulled it out. Searching through the directory, Risa found the number she wanted to dial. "Sorry, Sensei, this is Niigaki Risa over here. Can I check with you whether is Niigaki Haru is still in the school? Had I forgot to pick her up again?" Risa asked.

She held the phone closely to her ears and waited impatiently for the response from the other side. "WHAT?! Haru-chan did not broad the school bus today?" Risa echoed loudly into the receiver. Her grip on the phone loosened a little.

"Hai. Haru-chan said that she's going to go home on her own today and that decision was approved by Niigaki-san. That's why we had allowed her to go off by herself." The sensei informed before continue asking. "Haven't Haru-chan reached home yet?"

'Haru-chan went off by her own from school today? I approved it? Since when? Did she asked me last night? Had I forgot about it? Wait. No. Haru did not asked anything from me last night.' Risa thought in the mind as she registered the information given by the teacher. 'Even if she had left school on her own, she should had reached home by now. But no, she's not! Where would she be?' Risa started to panic.

"Niigaki-san? Are you still there?" The voice from the receiver brought Risa back from her sea of uncertainties.

Risa blinked her eyes a couple of times and shook her head, trying to remove the negative thoughts of what could have happen to Haru out of her mind. "Yes, I'm still here. Haru-chan's still not back home yet. That was why I had called you, sensei."Risa informed as she heart continued to beat at an abnormal rate. 'Where are you, Haru-chan?' Risa let off a deep sigh of worry. "Thank you sensei for your information. I will go out to search for her right now." Risa finished off and hang the call. She slipped the phone back to her pocket and reached for her car keys that were on the dining table. 'You better be alright, Haru. '

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haru sat comfortably on the front passenger seat with the stuff toy sitting on her lap. She jumped lightly on the seat as she car treaded through the road.

"So, you came out on your own just to get this thing for yourself?" Ai asked.

"It's not a thing! It's Donald Duck!" Haru corrected like an adult would as she turned her head and glanced at Ai, who kept her eyes on the road ahead.

"Okay. So you came out on your own just to get this Donald Duck for yourself?" Ai corrected herself this time round and asked.

"Hmm." Haru mumbled as she shook her head. "It's not for Haru. It's for Mama's Mother's Day present!" Haru continued with a wide grin on her face.

"Isn't this a little bit too childish for a Mother's Day present?" Ai asked again without looking at Haru.

"Hmm." Haru shook her head frivolously. "Mama will loved it!." Haru insisted.

' I was right after all. That Gaki is just like a Gaki.' Ai thought silently in her mind.

"Mama's a Disney manic!" Haru continued.

Ai nodded her head absentmindedly, not listening too much of what Haru had said. She pulled the car into the driveway leading to the apartment she left one morning a month ago.

Haru had noticed Risa rushing towards the direction where she would usually parked her car from the side window. "Ah! Mama!" Haru exclaimed excitedly as she unbuckled her seatbelt, swung the car door wide open, jumped off the car, nearing to lose her balance as she did that, and ran towards the direction of Risa. "Mama!" Haru screamed out.

'A child is just a child. . . No matter what they do, no matter how mature they may be, they are still a child. . . ' Ai thought silently in her mind as she unbuckled her own seatbelt and reached over for the opened door of the passenger seat. She managed to grab the handle of the door with her long slender arms. With that, she shut the door from her position. Pulling the seatbelt back into its position, Ai released the handbrake and began to reverse out of the driveway.

"Mama!"

Risa turned herself to the source of the call, only to see a little girl, struggling with her steps not to fall down. "Haru-chan?" Risa called out as she closed the distance between herself and Haru. "Where have you been?" Risa scolded as she stopped before Haru and bent down to her level. "Do you know that Mama was dead worried for you? Do you know that it's very dangerous for someone like your age to be wandering alone on the streets? What if someone kidnapped Haru? What would happened to Haru? What would happened to Mama?" Risa continued as the anger of worries flooded her mind.

Haru bit her lower lips as tears began to form at the corner of her eyes. "Haru . . . Just want to get present for Mama for Mother's Day." Haru mumbled under her breath. She loosen her grip on the Donald Duck and pushed it into Risa's chest. "It's always Mama buying stuffs for Haru. Mama had never bought anything for yourself. Haru had too never bought anything for Mama." Haru continued mumbling as tears flood down her cheeks. "Haru knows that Mama's worried about Haru. Haru promises that there will not be next time. Mama don't be angry with Haru." Haru sniffled as she tugged on the sleeves of Risa's coat.

Risa sighed deeply. It was a sigh of relieve. 'Well at least she's back home whole and safely.' Risa thought in her mind. "You promised that there will not be next time. So if the next time something like this happens, Mama's going to pick Haru up every day, even if Haru don't like it, okay?" Risa gave in and came out with an agreement for Haru to comply with. Risa used her forefinger and began to wipe the tears off Haru's cheeks. Haru nodded her head slightly in agreement.

Risa stood up straight and hugged the Donald duck with one arm and slipped her free hand into Haru's hand. "Let's go! Let's go home now." Risa spoke as she tugged Haru's hand. Haru nodded her head lightly and complied. "So what took Haru so long to reach home from the Disney shop?" Risa asked, hoping that that would clear up the guilt Haru felt.

"Haru had forgotten which bus Haru should take to get home." Haru mumbled softly.

"So how did Haru remember eventually?" Risa continued asking, swinging the arm that held onto Haru's.

"Onee-chan brought me back." Haru stated before remembering something she had totally forgotten previously. "Onee-chan!" Haru turned back suddenly, causing Risa to turn back as well. "Haru had forgotten to thank Onee-chan for bringing Haru home." Haru mumbled as she faced the empty driveway.

"Onee-chan?" Risa asked questionably. "What Onee-chan?"

"Haru saw Onee-chan on the streets and asked Onee-chan to help Haru to with the bus Haru should take. But Onee-chan drove me back instead." Haru explained quietly.

"Which Onee-chan is Haru talking about?" Risa asked, still not getting who Haru meant.

"The pretty Onee-chan whom Mama brought home on Haru's birthday." Haru continued.

"EH?" Risa shrieked. "That thing?" Risa exclaimed.

"Not it's not that thing. Onee-chan is a human, not a thing." Haru corrected as she tilted her head, not understanding the double meaning Risa used in 'that thing' .

"Ah. It's the same." Risa commented. "She brought you home?" Risa continued asked.

"Yupps!" Haru chirped as the charming smile returned. "She even treated Haru to eat choco bun when she heard that Haru's hungry. The choco bun is really very delicious!! Next time Haru will show Mama which one was it!" Haru continued.

'She did that? Even knowing that Haru's my daughter? Well . . . That would mean that the coldness she portrayed was . . . fake? She hates me, don't she? Then why is she so good to Haru then?' Risa thought in her mind.

"So I was right. This is the right place to find you." The voice she had least expected to hear caused Ai to look up from her work and stared at the figure who stood by her office door. "What are you doing in office on a Saturday afternoon?"

"I could fairly well ask you the same question, Gaki." Ai replied as she returned her attention back to her work. "What are you doing over here? Finding a way to ruin your weekend? I wouldn't mind to have the honour to do that."

Risa made her way to her seats in front of Ai desk and sat down without Ai's invitation for her to do so. She remained quiet as stared intensively at Ai and her actions.

"Why are you staring at me? Nothing better to do?" Ai insulted as she kept her eyes on the papers before her.

"I'm just thinking . . .Who are you really." Risa replied, resulting in a frustrated sigh from Ai.

"If you are looking for someone to irritate, then I think you had found the wrong target. I'm really busy right now, so would you like to get out please?" Ai grinded through her lips.

"It's seems like . . . I had ruined your weekend more that you had did for what the situation is right now." Risa continued, totally ignoring what Ai had just said. "Haru-chan is asking you to have a lunch with us this afternoon." Risa had gotten to her purpose of finding Ai.

"Who?" Ai asked in frustration.

"Haru-chan." Risa repeated. "She wants to thank you for bringing her back home yesterday with my pocket.

"Oh, Gaki's gaki." Ai responded.

"Wait. You can call me Gaki as much as you want, but do not call Haru gaki. She is not." Risa rebutted.

"Getting angry? Do you think you can stop me?" Ai challenged. 

"I really don't get you. How can one's personality changed so much in less than 24 hours." Risa spoke up after long moments of silence. "Who are you really? The one whom everyone, including myself, hates, or the one whom Kame, Konno-san and even Haru loves."

"I don't get you either, Gaki. Since you hate me so much, why bother coming into my office on a Saturday afternoon just to have your weekend ruined by me?" Ai refuted. "Just leave."

"Okay fine. Let's just put this aside. As much as I would like to just leave this office and allow you to continue to wander in your own world of contradictions, Haru's waiting for us downstairs for lunch. " Risa continued as she toned down. "She had demanded that you must come along for lunch today. If not she would not eat." Risa continued as a soft huff under her breath.

"I'm not interested." Ai replied.

Ai response made Risa to groan in desperation. "I hate to beg you, but please? Just this one time and no more. It's not going to take a lot of your time." Risa placed her palm on the document Ai was working on, causing Ai to look up from her work for the second time since Risa entered the room.

"I'm still not interested." Ai insisted and diverted her attention back to her work.

"But -"

"You can just tell your little one that you can't find me. Isn't that much more easier. You don't have to face my face for your entire lunch time and keep your private time with your daughter enjoyable." Ai continued, interrupting Risa intended persuasion.

"That would work too." Risa shot opened her eyes in realisation. 

"That's why. . . Polices are a bunch of people who doesn't use their brain." Ai muttered under her breath. That did not remained unheard to Risa.

"What did you just said?" Risa sat up in attention and sat closer to the desk, looking cynically at Ai.

"I said, polices are a - " Before Ai could finished the sentence, the banging of the main office door echoed into the room. Ai looked up from her work. 'Who's that?' Ai thought. She placed the pen she held back to its original position and stood up from her seat. Brushing pass Risa, Ai exited her office to check who was the one who had banged the office door.

Risa too stood up from her seat and followed behind Ai to the main working area.

"Onee-chan! Mama!" Came the faint voice across the door as Haru jumped and waved excited to the two lady in the office.

"Well I guessed your method won't work now." Risa stated flatly as she walked towards the door, unlocking it and pulled open the door, allowing entry for Haru.

"Onee-chan! Haru haven't thank Onee-chan for bring Haru back home yesterday. Did Mama told you that Haru wanted to treat Onee-chan for lunch? Let's go let's go! Haru's hungry!" Upon entry to the office, Haru went straight to where Ai stood and tugged Ai's arm.

"Aren't you a little bit too old to be fastidious about food? You are not showing a good example for young children by picking them out from your food." Risa commented softly to Ai as she saw Ai picking out the green peas from her plate of fried rice and placed them at the corner of the plate.

"I'm leaving." Ai stated flatly as she placed down her pair of chopsticks on the table.

"Eh. Onee-chan's leaving? Why? Onee-chan has not finish eating your food yet." Haru looked up from her food  when she heard Ai declaring her intention to leave.

Risa stared at Ai when Ai placed her chopsticks down. "That was not what I meant!" Risa whispered under her breath. "Don't make Haru unhappy."

Ai glanced at the desperation in Risa's eyes before shifting the attention to Haru, who was looking at her intensively with her puppy eyes. "I was just kidding." Ai stated monotonously before picking up her chopsticks once again.

"Onee-chan, what's that?" Haru asked curiously as she pointed her little fingers at the green peas.

"Green peas."

"Onee-chan don't like green peas?" Haru continued asking.

"Hmm." Ai responded as she nodded her head.

"Can Haru try?"

Ai nodded her head. Haru picked up her chopsticks and began to reach for the green peas from Ai's place. The curious expression on her face disappeared when the soft texture dissolved on her tongue and was replaced with a bitter one.

"How was it?" Risa asked as she continued to read the expression on Haru's face.

Haru shook her head frivolously as she reached for her cup of ice water. "Haru don't like it."

"I wasn't the only one then, I guessed." Ai added on inaudibly, only loud enough to be heard by Risa, which had caused Risa to shoot a deadly glare at Ai.

"You are such a bad influence. " Risa mumbled under her breath before turning back to Haru. "Why about green peas that Haru-chan disliked it?"

"It tasted weird." Haru replied childishly.

"Haru-chan won't be able to grow up properly if you are picky about food, do you know that?" Risa chided lightly.

"But Onee-chan still grew up properly into a pretty lady right?" Haru argued,  causing Risa to shoot another deadly stare at Ai.

However Ai was not bothered by any of the deadly approach Risa had showed her. She continued to stuff her fried rice into her mouth.

"Ne, Onee-chan?" Haru attempted to get the attention of Ai.

"But it would be better for young kids to not to be picky about food. Green peas have high level of nutrition which are essential for growing up children" Ai stated.

"Hai." Haru responded in low tension.

"Good girl." Risa responded as she patted Haru's head lightly.

"Thank you for the food." Ai said suddenly as she placed the chopsticks back to its original position.

"Onee-chan done eating?" Haru asked as she turned her attention back to Ai.

Ai nodded her head in response before opening her mouth to speak. "I need to return to office now. I still have more work to be done, so excuse me." With that, Ai stood up from her seat and began left the table. 

"Onee-chan!" Haru called out from her seat, causing Ai to turn her head back. "Bye bye!" Haru shouted across the café as she waved her hands at Ai.

Ai did nothing in returned, except for an almost unnoticeable smile at the corner of her lips.

"Bye bye!!" Haru continued waving until Ai was out of sight.  "Mama, why didn't you say goodbye to Onee-chan?"

"Ah . . . There wasn't a need to." Risa replied.

"Why?"

"For no reason, Haru-chan. Get started on your food already." Risa tried to change the topic and began to scoop up a spoonful of soup. 'Did she smiled just now? That was the first time I saw something as such.' Risa wondered in her mind.

"Ne, Mama." Haru spoke, interrupting Risa's chain of thoughts.

"Yes Haru-chan? What's wrong?" Risa placed her spoon back into the bowl and looked at Haru.

"Haru had been wondering about this thing for a long time."

"What was it that Haru had been wondering about?" Risa continued asking as she listened intensively to what Haru had to say.

"Mama, are you lonely?"

"Why would Mama be lonely? Mama have Haru with me." Risa replied lovingly as she pulled Haru closer to her.

"That's not what Haru meant. Haru's classmate and friends' Mama all have Papa to accompany her. Only Mama don’t have. So is Mama lonely? Is it because of Haru, that's why Mama is alone?" Haru continued asking as she snuggled into Risa's arm.

"Mama is not lonely, Haru. Mama is satisfied with just only having Haru." Risa reassured as she knocked her forehead against Haru's. 'Just a little while more. When Haru's a little more older, I will have to tell her the truth. She's too young to understand all these things now . . . '

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of chapter 6
and I'm just getting a little bit lazy and time constrainted to reply each and every comments! GOMEN! Exams are still on for me so . . . *I'm dead* so I won't be able to update anymore for the rest of this week.
On a brigher side, Exams are ending in a weeks time. Which means that . . .hehehe :)

So some quick replies over here:

I could safely say that the reason of Ai's expel was nothing to do with Konno :)
Yupps Justice is on both Ai & Risa's dictionary,which will be something I will try to work on after my exams :)
And yupps, Ai and Risa had not knew each other from the past :)

That's all!
Till the next time then!

« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 12:44:51 PM by caiyunki »

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
Re: SEARCH [ . # 6 updated 15 June 2011 ]
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2011, 08:26:58 PM »
Yay! We're getting a bit closer. :D Break the ice, Risa, break the ice! :mon kungfu:

That kid Haru is only making things easier for TakaGaki to form. :grin:

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2011, 08:51:36 PM »
lol so  haru-chan'll be the thing to connect ai and risa together? XD she's such a cute kid X3 i wonder though it seems that eventhough she's a bit genteler with haru ai must be bad with kids XDD idk but from how she interacts with haru, its like she's just no emotions or something lol.  it'd be funny to imagine ai babysitting her XD

good luck on your exams~!!! X3
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline alwaysYou

• Aigaki<3 and AiReina<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Defeated by Aichan..Forever Lovely Aichan..<3
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2011, 06:06:00 PM »
Haru chan will be the bridge for AiGaki..XD
with Haru-chan getting her mummy to bring her to find onee-chan, AiGaki will have more time tgt and will know each other better..

i wonder when will Aichan really smile again..come on, gakisan, it's your job!

*waiting waiting waiting*

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2011, 01:59:30 PM »
OMATASESHIMASHITA!

. [ # 7 ]

"What are you doing in my office again, Gaki?" Ai asked in irritation the moment she saw Risa sitting at the usual seat.

"Do I need to have a reason to be here?" Risa rebutted.

Ai rolled her eyes in exasperation. "Gosh. Would you please get out? Can't you see that I don't really like the idea of you being in my office." 

"I can see that. But still, as much that I hate your guts, I still like the fact that my presence has the ability to irritate you." Risa finished, beaming a victory smile to Ai.

"Get out!" Ai growled.

"Making improvements, I see. You are getting angry, aren't you? And I thought you are an item without emotion. It seems like you do have some, don't you?" Risa continued, ignoring Ai advances for her to leave the room.

"I've said umpteen times, Get Out!" Ai repeated as she stopped before Risa and glared at her with the deadliest expression she thought she can give.

"Why do you hate the police so much?" Risa asked. The deadly approaches of Ai were making no effect on her. In simple words, she had gotten used to them, immunised to them such that they no longer felt threatening to Risa.

"Get out!" Ai repeated as she reached her hand for Risa's wrist, having the intention to drag Risa out since the latter had made no intention to leave on her own.

"Uh." Risa shook her head as she moved away her arm. "No physical contact. I can easily charge you for police assault. People outside can be my witness." Risa challenged.

"Do you think I will be challenged by that? Is this the first day you knew me? I never reject challenges, especially the ones initiated by brats." Ai refuted angrily. Her main priority at this current moment was to remove the brat out of her sight.

Ai threw the file that she held in her arm on her desk and began to advance towards Risa, who had slipped further away from the desk by on the roller chair. "Just get out, Gaki! There's nothing here for you." Ai grunted through her closed lips.

Risa felt the backrest of the chair coming in contact with a hard surface, indicating to her that she had came into a dead end in her backing. Risa stood up from the chair immediately and began to search for another way of escape. "Why should I be? I'm here for a mission. Konno-san is asking me to . . . " Before Risa could finish her sentence, she tripped. She had tripped onto the cabinet while trying to escape for Ai, resulting on her falling onto Ai. Worse still, with her lips landing on the wrong position. Before she knew it, she had felt the softness of another lips on her own.

And before she knew it again, she was pushed off harshly onto the ground.

"I will say for the one last time. Get out right at this moment." Ai barked loudly.

Risa scrambled back onto her feet immediately and scooted out of the room, slamming the door close swiftly behind her. 'What was that?' Risa thought in her mind as she felt her heart racing at a abnormal speed.

"Gaki-san, are you alright? Got flamed by her? We heard loud commotions in the room." Miki asked casually as she walked passed Risa and towards the analysis room.

"Kind - Kind of. . . I'm making my way back first." Risa mumbled softly as she headed towards the glass door.

"Say again, what are you doing here today, Gaki-san?" Eri shouted from her seat towards Risa. But Risa had left without answering Eri's question. 'What is she doing over here again? Did she  say what she's here for?' Eri wondered absentmindedly in her mind.

"How was it Niigaki-san? Did Takahashi-senpai says she's coming together with us for lunch today?" Asami asked excitedly when Risa set her foot into the FID office.

Risa shook her head as she settled into her seat. She was still trying to calm her racing heart.

"Why is that so?" Asami asked disappointedly.

"I - as I was saying, I wasn't a good candidate for that task. " Risa replied shrugged her shoulders. "I'm so sorry about that, Konno-san." Risa continued.

"You don't have to apologise, Niigaki-san. It's not your fault." Asami shook her lightly before continuing, "I too, had expected that in the first place."

"Putting that aside, shall we go? Let us enjoy this uncommonly peaceful lunch!" Makoto chipped in as she hung both her arms each on Asami and Risa's shoulders respectively.

"You guys go ahead. I don't have any appetite for lunch today." Risa informed as she pulled away Makoto's arm.

"Eh? Why?" Makoto whined.

"Enjoy your lunch! I will stay in office today." Risa refused to explain.

"If that's the case, I will see you after lunch time!" Makoto responded, knowing that Risa did not want to do any explanation.

'What was that just now? Why was my heart racing at such a speed?' Risa thought queerly at herself, with her right index finger tracing her lips. 'Maybe it's just the kiss . . . Come thinking about it, I haven't been kissing anyone since my break up with Kame. Well, except for Haru-chan. But that's different. Maybe it's because of the suddenness of the event that had caused this. It's nothing, Risa! There's no way you are feeling something from that inhumane item right?'

'But, putting that aside, why are you always in her office when you hate her guts so much, Risa? There's something about her that I can't place it right. I can't deny that she had this cloud of mysteriousness flowing in the air around her. But still, I hate her guts. But she hates the police, don't her? But if that's the case, why is she working for the police force? But . . . Wait. . . . What are you doing over here, Risa? Thinking about that thing in your free time? Are you crazy? But . . . '

The ringing of the intercom stopped Risa's contradicting thoughts. "This is Niigaki Risa." Risa spoke the moment she picked up the receiver.

"Gaki-san, are you doing anything during lunch today?" Hitomi asked through the intercom phone.

"Can you please see me in my office?"

"Hai!" Risa responded as she placed her pen down on the table and began to slip out from her seat. At a fast pace, Risa brisked out of the office of FID and towards the intended destination.

"Yoshizawa-senpai, what is it that you are asking me for?" Risa asked the moment she entered Hitomi's office.

"We have received a series of transferred cases from other districts regarding the increase of rape assault and they would like us to investigate about them." Hitomi informed and placed a couple of folder before Risa. 

"Hai! I know what to do!" Risa replied enthusiastically. 'Good, work can help to busy this contradicting mind of mine.'

"There's another case that I would too like you to take a look about it but -" Before Hitomi could finish her sentence, the ringing of the telephone interrupted her. "Excuse me." Hitomi apologised before answering the phone. She nodded her head a couple of times before placing the receiver back to its original position.

"There's another report of a rape case. I want you to go down to the hospital right now." Hitomi ordered.

"The other case you were talking about - "

"That, I will talk to you about that again." Hitomi assured. "Anyway, go together with the CIL."

"WHY?" Risa blurted out in surprise.

"Newly implanted rules. To conserve the amount of resources we have and to save the earth." Hitomi explained.

"Alright." Risa whined lightly. 'Please let it be Kame who's in charge of this case. Sayumin would be good as well. Miki-chan is fine as well . . . Just don't let it be that thing . . . ' Risa prayed silently inwardly as she dropped the folders into her locked cabinet and grabbed her personal belongings, before heading for the car park, where the CIL vehicle were parked in.

"You really took your own sweet time, don't you?" Ai grunted in disagreement as Risa popped herself into the vehicle. Without waiting for Risa to strap up her seat belt properly, Ai released the handbrake and stepped on the gas pedal, causing Risa to jerk slightly forward. "Seat belt." Ai reminded as she turned out of the police building.

'Gosh. You got to be kidding me right?' Risa could not believe her luck. It was a 3/4 chance that she may get someone she wanted. Yet the very 1/4 probability had decided to happen on her instead. 'This is going to be so awkward. . .'

"I'm Niigaki Risa from the FID. I believed that someone had reported a chase to the MPD about a suspected case of rape assault." Risa reported herself over the A&E counter.

"Ah, you are here. I will bring you to the doctor-in-charge. The doctor from forensic medicine had already arrived and is with the doctor-in-charge at the moment." The nurse at the counter informed before guiding Risa towards the closed curtain. Ai followed closely behind them.

"Konno-san?" Risa called out as soon the curtain was drawn open. "So you are the forensic doctor for today?" 

"Hai." Asami nodded her head lightly. "Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu."

"The suspected victim is Hirisaki Yukiko, 18 years old. She was brought into the hospital via the ambulance after passer-by found her fainted on the street, with trails of blood flowing down her inner thighs. They thought that it might be a case of miscarriage. We did a primary assessment and found out that she might be sexually assaulted. She had regained her conscious now."

"Thank you." Risa bowed as the doctor-in-charged began to guide them out of the ER and into the assessment room.

The three entered the room cautiously. "Hirisaki-san, I am Niigaki Risa, senior inspector from the FID. The two them are from the forensics. Can I hear from you what had happened?" Risa asked as gently as she could as she settled on the right side of the victim.

'Smell of bleach . . . High chances is that the rapist had rinsed her throughly with bleach. . . There goes the trace evidence. . . '  Ai noted silently to herself as she glanced sympathetically at Yukiko.

"I - I can't remember a thing. . . I - I was walking on the - the streets. . . and suddenly I - I  felt faintness. Before I knew it, I - I had lost my conscious . . . And - and  when I woke - woke up . . . I'm - I'm already . . . in - in the hospital . . . " Yukiko recounted, with tears sliding down her cheeks.

"I'm . . . sorry about what had happen, Hirisaki-san." Risa sympathised, which had successfully earned a glare from Ai.

"May I begin?" Asami asked. Risa nodded her head in agreement.

Asami slipped on her gloves and began to aid Yukiko in removing her garments, to which Ai had began to package them into the paper bags. Asami picked up the instrument. "This might hurt a little. Please bear with it." Asami informed caringly.

Ai looked away from the scene when Asami began her examination and recorded them on the report sheet.  She switched the instrument, and asked Ai for the sterile swab, where she began to swab around the area of assault. Yukiko whimpered at the contact of the swab. Ai clenched her fist by her side with her eyes closed.

The sudden ringing of Risa's phone caused Ai's attention to be diverted to Risa. "Excuse me please." Risa requested and answered the phone.

"This is Niigaki Risa speaking. Sensei. WHAT?" Risa dropped her phone onto the floor and made a dash to the door. Before she could open it, she was stopped by Ai.

"Where are you going?" Ai demanded. She was unsatisfied with the fact that Risa answered the phone call in the presence of the victims. The action of Risa wanting to leave the room aroused more dissatisfaction from Ai.

" The school bus Haru-chan is riding was involved in a 7-vehicle collision and is outside in the ER right now. I'm going out right now." Risa explained in desperation and fear in her eyes.

"You are supposed to be in presence when the Konno-san is collecting the intimate samples. You can't leave the room." Ai stated the rule out to Risa.

"But - "

"A rule is a rule. This is your job as a police. Is the police going to push away all their responsibilities again?" Ai demanded.

"Again? What are you talking about?" Risa question in desperation.

"Nothing." Ai quieten off.

"Ano - I am actually done with the intimate samples. " Asami spoke out from the back.

"So can I leave now?" Risa asked in a challenging way to Ai.

Ai looked away from Risa before nodding her head reluctantly.

"I will ask Mako-chan to follow up with this. Hirisaki-san, I'm sorry about this." With that, Risa twisted the door knob and exited the room.

"Takahashi-senpai, I will leave the rest with you." Asami informed as she removed her gloves. Ai nodded her head in acknowledgement. "I will check on Niigaki-san."

Ai stopped before the bed, before Yukiko. "No worries. I will definitely help you. I will definitely help you to put that bastard under the bars."

"Sensei!" Risa called out the moment she noted the teacher in the waiting area of ER. "What had happened? How long have be Haru-chan been in there?"

"It seems like she's been transferred to the operating theatre. They said that she's experiencing massive internal bleeding in her liver."

"Niigaki-san!" Asami came chasing after Risa. "How's Haru-chan?"

"I don't know . . . Where's the OT?" Risa exclaimed in tears. "Haru-chan . . . "

"There's nothing much we can do, Niigaki-san." Asami followed up.

"No. . . Haru-chan . . . " Risa whimpered as she slid down onto the chair. 'You must be alright, Haru-chan. You will survive. You will survive. . . ' 

"Niigaki-san . . . Do you want to call your husband or . . . the father of Haru-chan to inform him about it?"

Risa took a deep breath. "I . . . don't know who's Haru-chan's father. . . I don't even know who's Haru-chan's Mama. . . How am I suppose to call and inform them?" Risa sobbed.

"Eh? "

"Haru is not my biological daughter. . . "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT!!!! (or is there anyone waiting for this?)
Yes, and once again, I'm being evil over here. :) But no worries, The next update wouldn't be as long as this :)
and Oh! Sorry for such a short chapter after such a long wait. I'm thinking when is a good place to stop the chapter and thought this is a good place :) hehehehe

My exams are finally over!!!!! (and I'm glad it has. It was a horrible one)
Putting that aside . . . . Even though my exams are over, I still won't be able as frequently as what I did for BTS. (as I am going home for the vacation. For some reason, I don't write as efficiently at home as how I wrote over where I am now.)
But still, I will try my best to write in before I leave for home (which is in a weeks time) and too inbetween the free time I have back home :)

@ kano-chan : I'm turning the steering wheel now . . .so ^.^ hehe.

@ kawaii beam : Thank you!!! To some point, Ai is bad with kid. Well to be exact, Ai is bad with Human beings. (refering to Risa hahahah)

@ alwaysAi : Sorry for making you to wait. Wanted to write yesterday right after my exam ended, but I was too tired to even think properly, let alone to write. So . .. HEHEHE  I wonder too . . . When will Ai begin to smile again. heheh =X

Dewa
Till the next chapter then!!

Next chapter will involve more . . . hehehe truth and flashbacks :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 12:51:02 PM by caiyunki »

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
Re: SEARCH [ . # 7 updated 23 June 2011 ]
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2011, 03:52:44 PM »
OMG! Unexpected TakaGaki kiss! :mon lovelaff: Even though they hate each other's guts. Risa is definitely interested in Ai-chan. :D :heart:

Nooooo~ :on blackhole: I have a bad feeling that Ai-chan had suffered a terrible past involving rape crime. :badluck: Even though it seem very likely, I still hope it's not. :mon whimper:

Is the Haru bridge broken? She can't die yet, right? :O

Anyway, don't know about the others, but I was definitely waiting for an update. :twothumbs

Offline shenlog

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2011, 04:08:21 PM »
I had a feeling that something bad will happen to Haru-chan somewhere in the story but i didn't expect it to be that bad  :fainted:
Please don't kill her  :scolding:
I bet Aichan got raped and Haru is her daughter  :gyaaah: (I hope i'm completely wrong )
TakaGaki kiss  :luvluv1:

Offline alwaysYou

• Aigaki<3 and AiReina<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2011, 04:29:48 PM »
ehhhhhhhhhhh...
AHHH..this chp make me confirm more, Haru is most likely related to Ai..and yea, Ai might get rape and pregnant 8 yr ago and give birth to haru..XD..
You wont kill off Haru ritz? we need her to be there to give us more AiGaki! XD.. and maybe, Aichan might be the one saving Haru (blood donation..XD)

truth and flashback..
wooo..cant wait! need the truth..

so u going back home? i kpo wanna know is it our country..LOL
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 04:53:15 PM by alwaysYou »

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2011, 07:06:24 PM »
I seem to have the same theory regarding Ai and Haru as most here, so I won't repeat it. I just hope the kid will pull through.

I will cheer over the Takagaki kiss, though, however unaffected Ai seems by it.

Offline Bamtai

• Member+
  • I'll do anything for your smile Risa!
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2011, 02:52:13 PM »
Whaaaaaat????  :shocked Hiro is not Risa's biological daughter?? That came out of nowhere! So whose daughter is she then?  :panic: :panic: :panic:
Hahah, I can so imagine Ai's facial expressions when Risa is annoying her  :lol:
I really like this fic, keep up with the great work  :thumbsup

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »
. [ # 8 ]

"EH" Asami responded in surprise.

"Ah~ Choo~" Risa sneezed as she covered her nose and mouth with her right hand.

"Gaki-san, are you alright?" Yaguchi Mari, Risa's mentor when during her patrolling days right after her graduation from the police academy, asked.

"Ah . . . I'm alright, Yaguchi-senpai." Risa sneezed once for before she could explain for herself. "I'm allergic to pollens. This season . . . With pollens flying all around, it's normal for me - sneezed - me to sneeze this way." Risa explained as she sniffled.

"Then you should have worn a mask or something like that. It would help to ease the sneezing to some extent." Mari reprimanded lightly.

"Hai! Wakarimashita!" Risa saluted. She continued sniffling, trying to stop the tap work on her nose.  All of the sudden, Risa stopped moving. She stood stationary at the junction leading into the back alley of the streets.

"What's wrong?" Mari questioned, when she realised that Risa was no longer walking by her side.

"I heard someone crying." Risa replied. She had stop her sniffling, trying to reduce the noise level.

"Was there?" Mari asked again as she, too, stood at the same position where Risa were. "I can't hear a thing. All I could hear was your sniffling all these while." Mari commented.

"Really, believe me, Yaguchi-senpai. It's a very soft faint crying voice." Risa insisted, believing that she had definitely heard something previously.

"If that's the case . . . let's check it out then." Mari gave in. "There's no harm checking it out." Mari continued as she took a step forward into the alley. She unbuckled the torchlight from her belt and switched it on, allowing the light to guide them into the alley.

"Hai!" Risa nodded her head in agreement as she followed after Mari and returned by Mari's side.

"I heard it, Gaki-san." Mari spoke suddenly, breaking the silence that was presence as the two advanced nearer into a dark corner. Mari shone her torchlight towards the suspected source of whining. "Gaki-san, call the ambulance." Mari ordered as she dropped the flashlight gently onto the ground and began to take off her sweater, despite the coldness of the early spring night.

"7 years ago . . .  My mentor and I had found Haru-chan . . . being abandoned in one of the street alley in the inner city . . all cold . . . all alone. . . "

"Gaki-san, pass me your sweater as well." Mari ordered, with Risa frantically following her orders. She had just finished her dispatch for ambulance. As Risa pulled down the zipper of her sweater, she saw Mari wrapping hers around an infant wrapped in a red wool towel.

"A baby?" Risa asked as she pulled off her sweater.

"She was just less than a day old . . .She was being abandoned by her own parents straight after her birth . . .  " Risa winced through as she recalled the incident from 7 years ago. "How . . . how would I know . . . who are her parents?"

"Niigaki-san . . . "

"Haru has been with me ever since she's 6 months old . . . What am I suppose to do?" Risa whimpered as she buried her face into her palms.

Asami sat helplessly beside Risa. 'What should I do . . . '  She raised a comforting hand and rested it on Risa's back. "I'm - I'm sure the doctors are in there, doing their best to keep Haru-chan alive. Haru-chan is a strong little one. She's definitely inside, doing her best, Niigaki-san. Have faith, Niigaki-san."

"Re-really?" Risa looked up from her hands.

"I'm sure." Asami gave an assuring smile to Risa, which inturns help to relieve some of the intense confusion Risa was experiencing.

"Thank you." Risa replied as she turned her attention to the empty space. The two settled into a comfortable silence while waiting, waiting for the doctor to return to the ER.

"Do you need a lift back?" A tedious voice echoed into the ear drum of both girls, breaking the comfortable silence that were sitting between them. "I'm done and is leaving at this moment." Ai continued.

"I - " Asami hesitated. She looked up at glanced at Ai who stood before the both of them and back at Risa. "Is it possible for me to stay longer? I think Niigaki-san needs someone to be with her at this moment."

"I suppose you do know that you have a medical report to finish writing, Konno-san. Where are your priorities?" Ai continued.

"But -"

"It's alright, Konno-san. I think . . . I can handle this alone. The case is more important than this. . . " Risa spoke suddenly as she remained staring in the empty space.

"Are you sure, Niigaki-san?" Asami asked as she place her hand Risa's back.

Risa looked away from the space. "I'm sure. Haru has a strong will. She will survive." Risa said with determination.

"You left this inside." Ai dropped Risa's phone onto Risa's lap. "I'm sure without that, you can't ask your partner to come over to take over the case." Ai finished. With that, Ai headed towards the exit of the ER.

"Niigaki-san, stay strong." Asami whispered as she hugged the her folder near to her chest, and began to pick up her speed, chasing after the lone figure that was exiting the ER.

Ai loaded the metal case and evidence bags into the boot of the vehicle. After making sure that the numbers tally, she slammed the boot door close and returned to the driver seat. Asami climbed into the passenger seat silently.

'What had happened to Takahashi-senpai? Where had the compassionate, kind-hearted Takahashi-senpai went?' Asami thought silently in her mind as she glanced slightly to her right.

'7 years ago . . . abandoned in one of the street alleys of the inner city. . . ' Risa's voice echoed in Ai's mind. 'No . . . this is impossible . . . no . . . ' Ai furrowed her eyebrow as she tightened her grip on the steering wheel. 'That's impossible . . . '

"Takahashi-senpai." Asami called out softly.

"How many times have I repeated myself? Stop calling me senpai. I am not your senpai." Ai grunted under breath. 

"Why have you insisted to leave the hospital. We could stay back there with Niigaki-san for a longer while, or at least until Haru-chan's out of the ER. She needs someone to be with her. You should have know that. You are the one who had taught me all these things. Always to think about the feelings of the family of those who are in danger. The feelings, the support. That's what Takahashi-senpai, you always believed. Isn't that so? So what happened now? The simple act of encouragement. It's not coming from you, senpai. I may have came along with you, but that doesn't means that I agreed with your decision. " Asami huffed out her thoughts.

However, Ai remained as silent as she was. The grip on the steering wheel tightened. 'Stop it! bastard!' The voice from her younger years echoed in her mind. Ai heaved onto her breathing.

"Takahashi-senpai, the priorities you had been emphasising the time when I met you once again, why? There are something more than rules right? Isn't that so? Takahashi-senpai, I really want to know what - "

The vehicle jerked forward and halted to a complete stop in the middle of the road before Asami could finish what she has to say. Ai had just stamped into the brake pedal. "Kon-chan! How many times have I told you, stop mentioning about the past! The Takahashi Ai from the past is dead! This is the Takahashi Ai now. Like it or not, it's none of your business!" Ai grounded out loud, causing Asami to wince back at stared at Ai with fear in her eyes. The sudden change in Ai attitude and temper had shocked and instilled fear within Asami.

"Mika-chan!"

"Mama!"

"You had scared death out of me, my dear. Are you alright? Are you hurting anywhere?"

"Madam, Mika-chan only suffered from some slight abrasions. It's nothing serious. Just keep the wound dry for the next few days to prevent inflammation  of the injury."

" Sensei, Arigatou."

"You are welcome."

"You are such a lucky girl, don't you know that, Mika-chan. Only to have a few slight abrasions after such a serious crash. "

"It's all because on Haru-chan. Mika was so afraid when the bus crashed. It was Haru-chan who had held me all the time, telling me that everything will be alright."

"So where is this Haru-chan? Is she alright?"

"Mika is not sure. Mika had not seen Haru-chan ever since the rescuer pulled her out of the bus."

'Haru-chan . . . ' Risa wondered in her mind as she conversation between the mother and daughter earlier on echoed in her mind. 'Why are you so thoughtful?'

"Is the family of Niigaki Haru here?" A figure clad in a deep blue uniform called out to the waiting area of the ER.

"I am!" Risa shot up from her seat and scrambled towards the doctor. Anxiety was plastered all over her place.

"You are?"

"I'm her mother, Niigaki Risa over here." Risa replied immediately. "How is she? Is she still in danger? "

"We are currently transferring Niigaki Haru-chan from the OT of the paediatrics' Intensive care unit."

"Can I visit her now? " Risa asked anxiously.

"You should be able to in some moments of time. I do have some bad news to inform you first." The doctor continued, stopping Risa's intention to make the run to the paediatric ward.

"Bad - bad news?" Risa stuttered.   

"I'm sorry to inform you that . . . due to the excessive damage of Niigaki-san's liver, we were unable to stop the haemorrhaging. We had no choice but to remove the whole of her liver. Right now we had placed her on a liver dialysis. She has to get a new liver within 3 months. That's the maximum length where the liver dialysis can support life. We have placed her on the top of the waiting list for transplantation.  But it would be best if someone closely related to her is able to that instead. It would help to reduce the waiting time and chances of organ rejection and too the possible complications of the condition."

"I -" Risa froze in her motions. 'Liver transplantation. . 3 months . . waiting list . . . ' The information dispatched down from the doctor kept repeating in her mind.

"Niigaki-san, do you have any history of hepatitis or related liver related diseases, or have any of your family has history of such disease?" The doctor continued asking.

"No. . . But - I'm not the biological mother of Haru-chan. I'm - I'm her foster mother. But I can donate. " Risa pulled onto the arm of doctor and explained.

"You still can donate even if you are not closely related to the recipient. But that only applies when the blood typing and cross typing matches, Niigaki-san." The doctor tried to console.

"I will take the test. I will." Risa nodded her head in agreement.

"Then would you please follow the nurse to the transplantation medicine department to have your blood tested?"

"Hai!"

'Haru-chan . . . Nothing will happen to you. You will live. . . You can't leave Mama alone. You said you will accompany Mama forever, didn't you?' Risa cried in her mind as she leaned her forehead against the glass window of the ICU room. The frail figure of her little one was breaking her heart. This was the second time Risa stood outside the glass window of a hospital room, watching the little one struggling to keep herself alive.

"Ah, you are here again today to visit the little girl?" The NICU nurse asked as Risa stood at the entrance of NICU, waiting for the permission for her entrance to be permitted.

"Hai." Risa replied with a smile.

"Come in. The little one is getting stronger and stronger as the days go by. In no longer while, she should be able to get out of the incubation box and the NICU and into the normal nursery ward." The nurse informed and walked Risa to the incubation box where baby Haru laid.

"Really? That's really great then!" Risa exclaimed softly as she clapped her hands.

"I will leave you alone then." The nurse informed and walked away.

Risa leaned her forehead against the glass window and fixed her eyes on the baby Haru. 'You are one strong one.'

"Niigaki-san." A soft tap on Risa's shoulder brought Risa back to the current year. "Sorry to have you startled. I'm Matsuura Aya, the paediatrist in charge of Haru-chan."

"Nice to meet you." Risa bowed and greeted. "I'm Niigaki Risa."

"Nice to meet you too, Niigaki-san. Shall we go over the seats over there? I would like to have a short talk with you." Aya suggested as she pointed over the seats situated at the sides of the corridors with a demure smile.

Risa nodded her head and followed after Aya, settling into the seat next to Aya. "What is it that Matsuura-sensei would like to talk to me about?" Risa asked.

"The test results from the transplantation medicine are out and they had forwarded me with the results. I'm sad to inform you that the blood typing of you and Haru-chan does not match, and thus, you are unable to donate your liver to Haru-chan." Aya spoke softly and firmly, carefully observing Risa's reaction on the announcement.

Risa was lost for words. 'As I thought so too . . . '

"But don't give up on hope, Niigaki-san. I'm sure there would be other ways or other kind Samaritans who will be willing to do the donation. Haru-chan is already on the top of the waiting list for liver transplantation. Meanwhile, you can help to seek around your family and friends and see if there could be any matches possible as well, Niigaki-san."Aya encouraged and suggested.

"I know what to do, Sensei. Thank you so much for your help." Risa tried to pull a smile, but failed. "Sensei, when will Haru-chan regain her conscious?"

"There's still at least 6 hours until the anaesthesia effects will wear off. But that doesn't mean that she will regain her conscious straight after the effects are off. I could say, the earliest she could wake is at least 6 hours later." Aya informed.

Risa nodded her head in acknowledgement.

" I will come back again a while later. I have to do my rounds now.  Please excuse me, Niigaki-san." Aya continued as she stood up from her seat and bowed lighted. Risa stood up immediately and returned the action.

'I can ask Kame to help me!' An idea flashed ingeniously in Risa's mind. 'I can ask Kame to see if I could find any possible match of Haru's biological parents from the DNA bank. . . but.  . . am  I being selfish if I asked her to do that? That's against her work ethics  and . . . . haven't I hurt her enough with issues of Haru?'

"Hello, little one. . ." Risa chirped as she held onto the baby. "No one had yet to name you right? I wonder what name suits you the best?" Risa thought as she continued to baby talk the little baby.

"Niigaki-san, why not you name her? Since you are the only one who made the effort to visit her at least once every two days. I think she's starting to recognise you." The nurse suggested.

"Me?" Risa repeated at the nurse. The nurse gave a small nod to Risa. Risa turned her attention back to the baby and pouted. "What name suits you the best ? Hmmm since you are born on the 2nd of April, why not Haru? You are a spring baby, aren't you?" Risa giggled to the baby.

"That sounds nice. Haru-chan will do!" The nurse agreed as she picked up the pen and began to write down the name in hiragana on the cradle belonging to the baby.

"Haru-chan da?" Risa echoed as she tipped her fingertip on the soft lips of the baby.

Risa felt her phone vibrating in her jeans pocket. "Sorry, can you hold her for a moment? My phone's ringing." Risa asked as passed Haru to the nurse. She then immediately reached for her pocket and fished out the mobile phone.

"Risa-chan, where are you? I've been waiting alone at the cinema for hours. The show had started too." A familiar voice echoed through the receiver of the phone.

"Kame? Am I suppose to meet you today?" Risa whispered softly as she did not want to wake the other sleeping babies in the nursery.

"You had forgotten again? This is to make up the last time you missed our date, Risa-chan."

Risa could fairly well feel the pouting of Eri over the phone. "Really? I'm sorry about that, Kame. It had totally slipped out of my mind. "

"It's alright." came the reluctant reply. "Are you coming? We can don't watch movies. Just a simple meal is enough. I haven’t seen Risa-chan for ages. My college spring exams are going to be up soon too."

- - - - -

"Risa-chan, where are you? Did you forget about our date again?"

"Kame? I'm reaching soon. Nope I did not forget. Gomen ne?"

- - - - -

"Gaki-san, are you sure you would want to adopt the baby we found in the street alley?" Mari asked when the two were doing their usual patrolling.

"I'm sure. Just a month more, I will 20 years old. I will be adult by then, and I will be able to sign the adoption papers." Risa replied determinedly.

"What about your girlfriend?"

"What about Kame?" Risa asked innocently.

"Have you seek her opinion about it? And too . . . wouldn't it be weird, if the baby is brought up in . .  , you should know what I meant." Mari questioned. "And you are only 20 years old. This is the best time of your years. Do you really want to be tied down by a baby?"

- - - - -

"Kame, can we meet up tomorrow? I - I have something to talk about to you."

"Me too, Risa-chan."

"We'll meet tomorrow, 12 pm in the park. "

"Okay."

- - - - -

"Kame . . . "

"I know what you want to say. . . Let's break up, shall we. . . isn't that so?"

"How - "

"Risa-chan. . . you have been forgetting about me for the past 5 months. How many dates have you missed? If you have found someone else who is more worthy of your love than me, tell me. Stop putting me in the middle of air. Stop giving vibes of hope. " A single tear trailed down Eri's face.

"Kame - I'm sorry."

"So it's true. . . that you have found someone who is more worthy than me? "

"Not someone who is more worthy than you, Kame. It's someone that I thought I can give her a chance of life she should have. . . Can . . . we still remain as friends? 

'Am I being selfish then?'
Risa reflected as she gripped tightly onto her mobile phone. She run her fingers over the familiar numbers and brought the phone to her ears.

"CIL, Kamei Eri."

"Kame." Risa croaked.

"Gaki-san? What happened to you? You sound like you had just cried." Eri responded in concern.

"Haru-chan's in the hospital." Risa replied as tears began to form at the corner of her eyes.

"What happened? Are you alone now? Do you want me to be there?" Eri blabbered as she dropped her pen onto her desk.

"Can you do me a favour? " Risa hesitated for a long moment before opening her mouth and requested."Can you help me run Haru's DNA from 7 years ago on the system to see is there any possible match of her biological parents?" Risa waited for a while longer before continuing, "If you can't, it's alright. . . "

"I'll do it. " Eri replied without hesitation.

Ai clutched onto her hurting abdomen. 'What is this so painful? What's this pain?'

"Takahashi! Come over right now and move this box to the other side of the store!"

"Hai!" Ai responded weakly as she got out of the counter and staggered towards her boss.

"What happened to you? You are really pale, Takahashi, are you alright?" The store manager asked as he stared queerly at Ai.

Ai nodded her head lightly and lifted out her hand to receive the said box that needed to be moved.

"Are you sure you are alright?" The manager asked again.

Ai bit her lower lips as another wave of pain hits her. She nodded her head again.

"You don't look alright to me in any way. Go back home and rest. I can handle the store alone by myself today. "

"I'm really - really alright. Let me -me work." Ai stuttered through her pain.

"Takahashi, I know you are hardworking and are a good worker. But do know when do you need to have a rest. I will still clock your wage today. Just go back home and rest." The manager said for the last time before carrying the said box away on his own.

Ai shook her head furiously, trying to push away the memory thought away from her mind. 'Stop remember all these things Ai. You have to forget them!' Ai urged herself as she rested into her seat in her office.

'7 years ago . . . abandoned in one of the street alleys of the inner city. . . '

'Could it be?' Ai thought wandered away again. 'Didn’t I told you to forget about all these things? Focus on the case, Ai. Focus!' Ai forced herself to read the information in the file. But nothing went in.

'Forget about it! I give up!' Ai decided. With that, she reached her hand for her handbag and began to stomp out of her office, only to bang into Eri who has been pacing outside Ai's office, hesitating how should she ask for permission to leave the office early.

"Takahashi-san!" Eri greeted.

"Kamei-san. I'm leaving the office early tonight. I'll put you in-charge of the lab today. Get started on the samples from the sexual assault this afternoon." Ai ordered. With that, Ai brisked out of CIL, leaving Eri speechless.

"I was about to ask her to let me off early today. . . " Eri muttered sadly under her breath. She returned back to her seat and stared at the screen of her computer. '40% search complete.' Eri read in her mind.

'I can't leave the office early, meaning I can't be in the hospital with Gaki-san. I wondered what happened to Haru-chan, making Gaki-san so anxious in trying all the means to search for her biological parents. I hope Gaki-san is alright. ' Eri thought sadly in her mind.

'1possible match found . . .. search continues .. . ' Flashed on the computer screen.

Eri worked her one on the mouse, clicking the profile of the possible match. Her eyes shot open at the profile. She diverted her attention to the main doors of CIL and return it back to the screen. 'This can't be true . . .'  Eri thought silently as she pressed the different options on the screen. 'Maybe I should try the mtDNA as well.'  Eri concluded. She then picked up her phone and dialled Risa's phone number.

"Gaki-san, I think I have found a possible match. I'm running another test to reconfirm it. Do you want to come down to CIL to get the report?"

"Can't you tell be over the phone? I don't want to leave Haru's side. She had yet to wake from her unconscious. I don't want her to panic when she  wakes." Risa reasoned from the other side.

"This is kind of confidential to be discuss over the phone. And I can't leave the office. Just an hour of your time. We may need to discuss other stuffs too. " Eri explained.

"Okay. Be right there." Risa gave in.

'This better don't be true. If not . . .I can't imagine what's going to happen if this is true.'

Risa slipped her hands into the pocket of her pants and tried to search for her car keys. 'Where's my keys?' Risa panicked. 'Oh yah! I did not drive here today. I took the ride from CIL.' Risa noted mentally. Once she was out of the hospital, she headed towards the taxi stand immediately.

'Liver dialysis machine. ' Ai noted mentally. 'Why is she on liver dialysis?'

Right after Ai had left the CIL, she had returned back to the hospital. The hospital where she was in the afternoon, and the same hospital where she used to walk around as a student doctor. She lifted her right hand up and rest in on the cold surface of the glass window. 'Are you her? It's you . . .' 

"Ai-chan?"

Ai turned around upon hearing her name being called. "Aya-chan?" Ai mumbled under her breath.

"Ai-chan? It's you?! I've finally found you!" Aya exclaimed as she rushed forward and gave Ai a tight embrace. Ai stood still, not flinching nor returning the hug Aya gave. "Where have you been?"

"Ai-chan?" Aya pulled away from Ai when she realised Ai wasn't giving her any responses.  Ai turned back to face the glass window. "Do you know her?" Aya asked.

"A colleague's daughter." Ai finally spoke after long moments of silence. "Liver failure?"

"Liver rupture. Beyond state of repair. In need of liver transplantation." Aya explained briefly as she wasn't allowed to discuss any details of the patients with other personnel except for family member.

"How long?" Ai asked again.

"From the trauma assessment from ER, less than 2 months." Aya replied. "You are a colleague of Niigaki-san?"

Ai nodded her head lightly, with her glaze never leaving the little girl who was still attached to the ventilator for assisted breathing.

"Niigaki-san's a doctor?" Aya asked curiously.

Ai shook her head as her response.

After long moments of silence, Ai finally spoke again. "Serotype my blood."

"Eh?" Aya yelped in surprise.

"I would like to  help her, if I could."

"How was it, Kame? What made you to make me come over?"

"Take a look at this." Eri passed the printed sheets of paper to Risa.

"What's this?" Risa asked as she stared blankly at the sheets of paper given by Eri. "I don't understand them. Explain to me please?"

"The first piece of paper is the percentage matches of VNTRs of the chromosomal DNA. The second one is the matches of mitochondrion DNA." Eri explained briefly. "Look at the name of the match first." Eri continued.

"Uso." Risa blurted as she stared her eyes big at the name. 'You got to be kidding me right?'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heheheheh :D
A longer chapter this time round to make up the short chapter the previous time :)

@ kano-chan : heheheheheh more about Ai next chapter so ^.^ and not yet . . .I have yet to decide :) And Thank you for waiting for the chapter. It gave me strength to write.

@ shenlog : hehheehhe heheheh. I will try my best not to kill the kawaii character that I'd made. I will TRY my best not to. heheheh =X Thank you for commenting too ^.^ hehehe TakaGaki kiss is definitely <3

@ alwaysYou : HEHEHEHEHHE is the only response I'm giving to you =X (and it's not the first time I'm giving that to you. *faint and cry* ) Hahahahahha More of flashback in this chapter rather than the true. . . but the truth is smelling really near soon. And to satisfy your *kpo-ness*, Yes, I'm going back to the country :) hahahah

@ rmndwierd : hehehhe. I see i see. . . .Well maybe Ai was affected by the kiss?? If not she would not have pushed Risa away immediately :) hehehehe

@ Bamtai : Yupps, that came out from nowhere *but alwaysYou had managed to guessed it way earlier which made me sweatdrop* Hahahahah I can imagine that too! hahahah And Thank you for reading! your last sentence made me a happy woman :) ahahahha

And lastly
Until the next chapter then!!
Bye bye :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 12:53:18 PM by caiyunki »

Offline shenlog

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: SEARCH [ . # 8 updated 25 June 2011 ]
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2011, 02:56:07 PM »
Aichan decided to help  :mon star:
Haru-chan will live right ? :mon cry:

Offline alwaysYou

• Aigaki<3 and AiReina<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2011, 03:50:41 PM »
AICHAN IS THE MUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: XD :P :P
an infant wrapped in a red wool towel
Aichan red towel..XD XD
she is EVIL..leaving an infant there?! slap her..lol..

"Takahashi-senpai, the priorities you had been emphasising the time when I met you once again, why?
The police miss their time 8 yr ago and cause it ritz? if so, Ai will be save from an incident (if it's really Aichan was rape last time)..That why she hate the police as well as emphasizing the time so much..

and more truth will appear huh..i wonder how Aichan will face Gakisan and haru later on..will Haru still like this "onee-chan"? will gakisan forgive Ai? This definitely wont help in their relationship!!!!!.. :lol:

i love fast updates..XD next chp pls.. XD XD XD

*but alwaysYou had managed to guessed it way earlier which made me sweatdrop*
cos i really like the story line and always read your fic and when i link up those stuff u mention, i get that conclusion..XD XD..

and welcome back to the small dot..XD

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2011, 07:23:28 PM »
Everything seems to be falling into place. I have a feeling I know the truth, but I'll wait to see if I'm right.

Looking forward to more Takagaki.

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2011, 04:14:12 AM »
Ahh! Okay, fast comment. Can't stay for too long. This is awesome! Ai-chan is going to save Haru! And that means it's really her child. :shocked I can't wait to see what Risa is going to say about this. :roll:

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2011, 03:25:11 PM »
 . [ # 09 ]

"Uso." Risa blurted as she stared her eyes big at the name.

"It's a complete Mitochondrion DNA match. Which means that she's most likely the mother of Haru-chan, or linked maternally to her since all children receives their mitochondria from the mother's ovum. The 13 loci VNTRs analysis had showed the matching of single alleles. Probability of the chromosomal match is promising as well." Eri continued explaining.

"So it's true . . . This is a reliable source, isn't it?" Risa muttered.

Eri nodded her head. "Why are you going to do now? Why are you in such an urgent in search for . . . Haru-chan's biological parents in the first place?" Eri continued in curiosity.

"I don't know . . . " Risa replied weakly. 'What should I do now? This was not what I had expected . . . who thought that it would be that thing . . .'

"You don't know?"Eri questioned. " What do you mean by you don't know?  Did something - bad happened to Haru-chan such that you are in such an urgent in search for her parents, Gaki-san?"

Risa glanced over to Ai's empty room. "Where is she?" Risa asked, ignoring the questions Eri had raised.

"Answer me, Risa-chan! Stop running away from my questions. I hate it when you do that!" Eri raised her tone slightly as she held on Risa's right hand, wanting to get Risa's glaze back to herself. "Tell me, what do you want to do with Takahashi-san? You had always wanted to nab the cold-blooded parents that had left the helpless baby alone in the coldness to survive. Is that the reason why you had wanted to search for her parents? Or?" 

The usage of her first name by Eri broke Risa up. "I don't know, Kame. I really don't know. I don't want to lose her. I don't want to lose Haru-chan. Only her parents can help her now. I can't." Risa finally sobbed. "I can't . . . I can't do anything at all . . . "

'What is this pain?' Ai continued to clutch tightly onto her abdomen with her one hand with the other, struggling to get the key properly into the keyhole. And as she managed to do it, the door unlocked and opened, revealing the small and cramped living space where she had managed to survive for the past seven and a half months. As she limped forward into the room and closed the door, Ai felt a liquid ticking down between her thighs down to her calf and finally to her ankle. Just as so, the contracting pain in her abdomen intensified.

Ai looked down onto the ground and was shock when she saw clear fluid pooling around her ankle. 'Could it be?' A thought was formed in her mind. 'No. It's impossible. Definitely not.' Ai told her mind. But her body told otherwise. Another strong wave of muscle contraction hit her, causing Ai to onto the ground, onto her knees as she leaned forward. 'No. . . It's impossible. I can't be.  . . I CAN'T be . . . '

"Ai-chan." A soft tap on Ai shoulder caused Ai to look away from the window and towards the source of the tap.

"The test result is out. You are not a compatible donor for Niigaki-san. It was negative at the first testing. Your blood type doesn't matches. Niigaki Haru-chan's blood type is Type O Rh positive. Ai-chan, yours is Type A Rh positive.  So . . . "

Ai turned away from Aya and back to the unconscious Haru on the other side of the glass window. 'It's not. . . Then maybe you are not . . . But . . . If I'm Type AO. . . there's still a possibility that you are her. . . . So . . . But . . . '

"On the behalf of Niigaki-san, I thank you for your spontaneity in your decision to help." Aya continued. Noticing that Ai was spacing out and was not responding to her at all, Aya placed her hand on Ai's shoulder, hoping that would get Ai's attention. Though that, it had failed. "Ai-chan, are you alright?" Aya concerned.

Ai did not reply her. She remained there, staring into Haru's patient room and the instruments that were attached to her. 'What has she done to deserve such sufferings? No one should be placed into such sufferings, especially the little kids who had done nothing wrong. Why?'

"Ai-chan." Aya tugged Ai's shoulder and pulled Ai to face her. "Are you okay?" Aya asked.

Ai blinked her eyes at Aya before nodding almost unnoticeably to Aya.

"Ai-chan, if you got something that is bothering you, you can always tell it to me. We are best of friends, aren't we? You used to tell me everything that was bothering you. You still can." Aya continued.

"Nothing." Ai replied softly

"Did something happened then? The girls in our cohort had said that you were expelled from Keio because you had beaten Tanaka Jun- "

"Don't mention his name before me." Ai raised her voice suddenly.  The harsh voice of Ai echoed down the almost empty hallway. The coldness in Ai's voice caused a shivering sensation to run down Aya's back, resulting in Aya stopping in the middle of her sentence.

"Did something happened, Ai-chan?" Aya asked again after moments of silence.

"I don't want to talk about it." Ai answered.

"Why? Ai-chan I -"

"I didn't expect that I would find you here."

Before Aya could finish her words, a third person had involved herself into the conversation. The two of them turned away from the glass window and saw Risa standing at the end of the hallway with a brown folder in her hand, in front of the lift lobby. Risa started to close the distance between the ladies as she kept her vision on Ai all the while. Ai, however, was not. She had looked away the moment she saw Risa at the lobby.

"Niigaki-san?" Aya called out politely.  Risa returned the greeting by bowing lightly back to Aya.

"I was visiting Hirisaki-san and passed by here by chance. I'm leaving." Ai lied perfectly before brushing past Risa, trying to make her way to the lift lobby.

"Ai-chan!" Aya tried to stop Ai from leaving but missed.

"I have something to talk to you about." Risa articulated monotonously, the tone where Ai had first flamed at her at the crime scene, as she reached out her free hand and gripped tightly on Ai's wrist, stopping her from leaving.  "Matsuura-sensei, would you like to excuse yourself such that we can talk privately?" Risa requested in a slightly gentler tone.

Aya looked at the two before in confusion. 'What kind of relationship did the Ai-chan have with Niigaki-san such that . . . this kind of request was made?' Aya nodded her head and began to leave for the nurse station. Before she turn at the corner, Aya looked back at glanced at Ai and Risa. 'Why is there such a solemn atmosphere between the two. Didn't Ai-chan said that she's a colleague of Niigaki-san? Why don't I feel something as such between them? Is there something more between them? And most importantly, what had happened to Ai back then?'

When the two were finally left alone, Ai began to wriggle her wrist out of Risa's grip by flunking in roughly.

"What is it that you want to talk to me about? I don't have anything to talk to you. " Ai retorted as she wore back the same emotionless mask she held in place every day and kept her eyes straight on the ground as they stood outside the glass window. 

Risa glanced through the window before turning back to face the side of Ai's face. "I never knew you were a mother."

"I  - am not." The cold mask cracked a little as Ai stuttered.

"You are lying through your teeth and I know it." Risa stated bluntly. "If not, you won't be standing here in the first place."

Ai remained standing motionlessly at her position. She clenched her fist tightly by her side, not willing to allow the character she had built all the while to fall apart again.

"I thought I would have to confront you with these documents." Risa continued as she waved the folder in her hand lightly. Ai looked up from the floor at the mention of the documents. "But I don't I will need to do that. Have you found out the truth? The truth that Haru-chan is the premature infant you had abandoned at the ends of the street alleys , haven't you?"

Ai looked emotionlessly into Risa's eyes as she remained silence. 'So . . . it's her . . .' Ai turned slightly and faced back the glass window. 'You are her.  . .'

Ai gulped as she saw a crying newborn, less than the length of an arm length,  lying on the floor in a puddle of blood. 'I wasn't pregnant. . . . I wasn't pregnant . . . ' Ai thought repeatedly in her mind. 'I wasn't . . .' Memories of her nightmare, too, flashed back into her mind. 'No . . . It can't be possible. . . ' Tears began to flow uncontrollably down her sweat-stained face.

In her panic, Ai stretched out her arm for the nearest scissors and lighter that were placed on a nearby table. She flamed the scissors with the lighter (flame) and began to work on the umbilical cord, while trying to remember the lessons she learnt in the medical school. When she was done with it, she tumbled across the room, towards the wardrobe and began to pull the a few towels she could reach from her height on the floor - including the red towel - and returned back to the space where the baby laid.

'I wasn't pregnant. . . I can't be pregnant . . . I can't have a child. . .' Thoughts trailed in Ai's mind as she began to wipe the fluids and blood off the crying little one and wrapped her in the red towel. 'I can't . . . My visa. . . My place in the UK university . . . That's what I have been working my life for the past 7 months . . . I can't . . . It's just two more days I will leave this country. . . this country of nightmare . . . '

The baby stopped the powerless crying the moment Ai cradled her in her embrace. She had her eyes open, and they shimmered brightly at Ai. 'No . . . I can't keep you . . . I can't . . .' Ai struggled to get back onto her feet. She straggled across the room, towards the bed and rested the baby onto the bed. 'I can't . . . ' The baby started her crying again the moment Ai left her on the bed.

Ai returned back to the area and began to clear the mess she had created. 'I can't let anyone know. . . I can't keep her. I have suffered enough.  . . I can't . . . ' And when she was done, she returned back to the bed. She took the baby into her arms again and exited the place she called her home.

Back to the streets, Ai limped her way into the street alleys 4 streets away from her so called home. And when she had found a dark and quiet corner, she  placed the baby down onto the ground, The baby regained her crying immediately, with tears in her eyes. Ai felt her heartstrings being tugged. 'I'm sorry. . . I'm really sorry . . . ' Ai wiped off the tears that dwelled at the edge of her chin. 'I'm sorry . . . .'  Ignoring the stabbing pain that were tightening in her chest area, Ai turned away and began to limp  away.

Ai blinked her eyes continuously as she felt the sourness or her tonsils. 'No you can't cry. You can't cry. . . Not before the brat.  . . ' Ai instilled into her mind. She took a deep breath and turned away from the glass window.

"Please. . . " Risa broke down from her tedious tone from and began to bow down. "Please . . . Help to save her. . . Please. . ."

Ai felt her eyes twitching. She closed her eyes and took another deep breath. "Why should I?" It came out much more colder and emotionless as she was.

Risa was taken aback by the coldness of the voice. She looked up slowly from her feet and registered the expression that was on Ai's face. It was her usual one - no signs of sadness, no signs of being remorseful. "Why should - should you?" Risa winced. "She's your own flesh and blood. Why shouldn't you?"

"It's not like I had wanted her." Ai continued, masking her true emotions behind her cold attitude.

"You don't deserve to be a human." Risa grunted sadly in a voice.

"I never wanted to." Ai returned. 'Ever since that day. . . . I had thought so too . . . '

'Ai! Since when were you such inhuman? It's a baby! It's a human!' Ai's consciences began to hit her as the confusion in her mind faded after a good 4 hours. She forced herself off from the soft bed and out of the room. And when she had returned back to the same spot, the baby was gone.

" The case of baby abandonment is still an open case. With this document, I have sufficient document to charge you for baby abandonment and . . . deliberate attempted murder. If you agreed to help Haru-chan, I can pretend that I had never seen this report." Risa had decided to go along with her plan B, where she and Eri had discussed earlier on - if the real Ai is really as malicious and emotionless like a non-living thing- this would be a good way for Ai to concede.

"That's an attempt to prevent the course of justice. I won't agree to do it. To think you are a police and you are embracing yourself to commit such a crime. And trust me, I am not surprised." Ai butted in. "I did it, I will admit to it." Ai continued. When she had finished, she began to turn away from Risa and swift a glance at Haru, before turning to face the life lobby.

"WHY?" Risa cried out. "Why can't you help Haru? It's just a simple thing to do. . . Why? You were studying for a doctor before. Isn't saving a life the justice of a doctor?"

Ai closed her eyes as she gulped down her saliva painfully. "If I had wanted her to be alive, I won't be leaving her alone at the street alley that night." Ai forced through her throat. Her chest tightened, causing Ai to lose her breath. "Saving the dead is also the justice of a doctor." With that, Ai took the tender first step out and began to head for the lift.

"Takahashi AI!" Risa cried out loudly.

Ai made no attempt to return the call. She kept her eyes straight ahead as her vision started to get blurry.

Risa took her mobile phone and dialled Eri's extension number. "Kame, file in the document. I'm pressing the charge." Risa hung the call without waiting for Eri's responses and questions for her. Her decision was finalised. After ending the call, Risa looked up from her mobile phone and stared at the lone figure down the hallway. 'You are really not a living thing. . . '

Ai waited impatiently for the elevator to come. And when it did, she was relieved. Relieved that there was no one in the elevator. She took a step into the elevator, into a corner, and leaned against the metal. When the elevator door closed, separating Ai and Risa away from each others' vision, Ai dragged her back against the cold metal of the elevator as she fell slowly to the ground. Her heart clenched painfully in her left chest. Ai buried her face into her knees as she began to let off soft sobs, allowing herself to cry for the first time in the 7 long years.

'It was her. . . It is her. . . And I can't do a thing to help her. Nothing. Nothing at all . . . '

Risa wiped away the tears that were making their way down her cheeks. 'There is other ways too as well right? The donor need not be someone closely related to Haru. It can be anyone. There are still ways. . . I won't lose you, Haru. I won't'

"Miss, are you okay? Do you need me to bring you to the emergency room?" A soft voice followed by a soft tap on Ai's forearm caused Ai to took up from her knees.

The elevator door was wide open. The soft voice and touch belong to the nurse who was now kneeling beside Ai. The entrance of the elevator was surrounded by a large number of people, watching curiously at the lady who sat at the corner of the lift. That was when Ai had realised she had reached the ground floor of the hospital.

"Are you alright?" The nurse asked again as she helped Ai onto her feet. "Do you need me to accompany you to the Emergency room?"

"I'm alright. You don't have to. I'm perfectly fine." Ai's voice croaked. She brushed away politely the helping hand held by the nurse and strode out of the elevator.

"Takahashi-san."

Ai heard her name being called. She turned slightly to the source of call and saw Hitomi and Makoto staring at her.

"Takahashi-san, are you alright?" Hitomi stood forward and asked with concern. Ai glanced a stare at Hitomi before walking away.

"Takahashi-san!" Hitomi tried to chase after, but Ai had sped up her speed. "You will go to Gaki-san first. I will join the two of you at a later time." Hitomi turned and told Makoto before picking up her feet and chased after Ai.

"Gaki-san!" Makoto called out the moment she got onto the level Risa was at.

"Mako-chan? What are you doing here?" Risa asked.

"Yoshizawa-senpai and I had just visited Hirisaki-san and we thought we should come over as well." Makoto explained. "What's that?" Makoto continued asking as she saw the folder that Risa had placed beside her.

"Nothing important." Risa lied as she pulled the folder back to her hand.

Makoto looked suspiciously at Risa while Risa looked away. "How's Haru-chan?" Makoto asked, changing the topic, after deciding that it was not time to force Risa to talk about things that she did not wanted to.

"She had yet to wake from her anaesthesia . . . and she needs to have a liver transplant to . . . to survive." Risa trailed off, staring into the space blankly.

"She's a strong little girl! She will survive, Gaki-san!" Makoto encouraged as she patted Risa strongly on her shoulder. "

"Mako-chan . . . " Risa call out and contemplated. 'Should I ask selfishly for people to test whether are they a suitable donor for Haru?'

"Yes, Gaki-san?"

"If . . . if I ask . . . " Risa stammered. 'How should I phrase it?'

"Hmmm?" Makoto took a while to understand what Risa had wanted to ask. "Of course I wouldn't mind. If I could be a suitable donor, I will be more than happy to do it. Stop worrying so much!" Makoto continued.

'Why? Why someone like Makoto - who isn't related to Haru-chan - can be so spontaneous about helping her, but you - her birth mother - could not? Why? Is there human beings out there who are this ruthless and cold?'

"Takahashi-san!" Hitomi continued calling out as she caught up with Ai. "Listen to what I have to say, Takahashi-san! I was sorry about what happened 8 years ago. To be truthful to you, I am intending to reopen the case. Will you please stop and listen to me?" Hitomi asked.

As as Hitomi requested, Ai had stopped in her steps. She turned around abruptly and had startled Hitomi.

"I had said this the last time we met. It's of no use. Saying sorry will not change any of the events that had happened or is happening in this day. It's of no use. And it's your fault! It's the police responsibility!" Ai screamed, allowing her tears to trail down the dried tracks.

"Takahashi! This is for you!" Tanaka Juncho, one of students of Ai's cohort, came over to the table where Ai sat and passed it to Ai.

It was the cohort's private party before the end of their summer holidays . Ai was seated alone at the table in the corner, waiting for her best friend, Aya, to arrive at the party venue.

"What's this?" Ai asked.

"100% orange juice for you." Juncho replied. "I heard from some of the girls that you drink only 100% fresh fruit juices and had the counter to prepare them."

"Ah, thank you then." Ai thanked and took a sip out of the cup before looking back at her mobile phone.

"I'll leave you alone for now then!" Juncho informed.

Ai nodded her head absentmindedly as she took another sip of the orange juice. 'This taste quite  good.' Ai thought silently in her mind. She placed the glass on the table and began to type a mail for Aya.

{Are you reaching yet? - Ai}

After sending the message, Ai exchanged her phone for the glass of juice, where she continued drinking until none was left in the cup. Her phone buzzed on the table. Ai placed the glass back onto the table and took her phone instead.

{Gomen, Ai-chan! I can't get today. Stuck in the bed with a running nose. - Aya}

{Why didn't you tell me earlier then? I wouldn't have bothered to come down here in the first place. Anyway, take care, bestie. You need a visit? - Ai}

{Gomen! The flu had just decided to play with you today. hehe. Thanks sweetie. It's alright. Mama's here with me today. Going home now? - Aya}

{Yupps! See you when the term reopens! Rest well! - Ai}

{See ya! - Aya}

With that, Ai slide her phone into her handbag and sling her handbag over her shoulder. "Takahashi! Leaving already?" Juncho shouted over from the counter.

"Aya's not coming. No point for me on staying. I don't drink as well. So, better that I leave now. You guys can enjoy the party. I will see you guys in the lecture hall when the term starts." Ai replied as she strolled towards the entrance of the pub.

"I will send you off!" Juncho offered as he raced after Ai, until he was beside Ai.

"You don't have to." Ai replied.

"It's alright."

The two continued walking down the streets. All of the sudden, Ai felt weakness in her leg muscles. She wobbled and toppled towards the front, only to be held by Juncho. "Thank you." Ai mumbled. As she tried to stand on her own again, she failed. 'Something's not right.'

"Come on, Takahashi, I will bring you home then, since you can't even walk properly. You are the first person whom I know who had gotten drunk by just drinking only orange juice." Juncho retorted as he slit his arm under Ai's shoulder, supporting the weight of Ai.

"It's alright." Ai mumbled again.

"You don't have to be shy. That's what classmates for!" Juncho forced as he dragged Ai away.

"That's - that's not the direction back to the hostel."Ai muttered when she realised they were going in a different direction.

"That's the purpose, Takahashi. You got to relax yourself. Stop being so tense all the while." Juncho retorted. He pulled Ai up a flight of stairs and into an apartment  where her threw Ai onto an abandoned bed.

Ai felt her limbs in limp. She could not lift her hands nor control any of her muscles."You drugged the orange juice with muscle relaxant." Ai stated weakly. She blinked her eyes while trying to keep her vision clear.

"Took you so long to realise, Takahashi. To think that you are in the Dean's scholarship row. That's so unintelligent of you." Juncho insulted. He began to work his fingers on the buttons of Ai's blouse. "I always want to know how you LOOKED inside and how your INSIDE works. Let's make use of this choice now, shall we?"  He finished and traced his hands down to the bottom.

"No . . . . Go away . . . . Go away . . . . " Ai whimpered incoherently and weakly. Before she knew it, darkness had hit upon her.

"I know there's something suspicious about the testimony and alibis of Tanaka. I can't do anything about it. I was just a plain new transfer to 4th division. I had no say in anything." Hitomi explained. "And you were unable to remember a thing about what had happened. There's no evidence to claim that Tanaka rape you, don't you?"

"STOP IT!" Ai screeched. "Your supervisor . . . He had accepted money from the Tanaka to do that, didn't he? You knew that too as well, don't you? And you had allowed that to happen. Is that even within the responsibility of the police? Covering the crimes of your supervisor? "

The time when Ai had her eyes open, Ai found herself lying naked in the bathtub filled with water. "AHH~" Ai shrieked out and tears began to pour out from her eyes. She reached for the nearest piece of cloth - the shower curtain - and pulled it down, using it to cover her naked body. She allowed herself to crawl slowly out of the bathtub and back into the abandoned room. She searched her handbag with her shaky hands for her mobile phone. When she did, she fingered her fingers on '110' and dialled the number.

"I'm . . . I . . . .was . .  raped by .. .  someone. . . help . . .me . . . please. . . ."

"I - Listen to me, I did report. I did not cover the crime. He's now - "

"Please stop it!" Ai shouted again at Hitomi. "Don't go on anymore."

"I really want to help you again. Please let me do it. Or at least, let my subordinate do it."  Hitomi begged.

"Takahashi-san, you don't have any alibi or evidence to show that you are being sexually assaulted, don't you? Tanaka, on the other hand, have alibis who had said that Tanaka-san was with them at the bar organised by Keio Medical club at the time you claimed the incident had happened. Are you 100% sure that you were raped by someone? Or were you just looking for fun like all the other young adults are? Do you know who Tanaka Juncho-san is? He's the eldest son of the largest company in Japan. How would him do that in the first place ?"

"Takahashi-san, you don’t have enough evidence with you. The charge is called off."

- - - - -

"You guys weren't that night. You should have seen the helplessness of Takahashi. It just made everything even more exciting. " Juncho boasted among his group of 'alibis'.

"Really?"

"Yah! But next time don’t use muscle relaxant. There's-" Before Juncho could finish his sentence, he was being knocked off onto the ground.

"Shut up, Bastard. SHUT UP!" Ai bawled as she rode onto the guy, and started to punch the face with her bare fist. "SHUT UP!"

- - - - -

"Takahashi-kun, even though you had remarkable achievements in your academics area and extra curriculum activities, the action you took just now was absolutely unacceptable. After the broads meeting with the Deans of other schools, we had came up with a conclusion. Even though it was such a pity, but whatever you had did is just intolerable. We had thus decided . . . to expel you from Keio."

"There's no such need to do that. If you want to help, you should have done it 8 years ago, not now. Doing it now. It won't change anything." Ai retorted back. 'It won't change the fact that I was being expelled from Keio. If . . . back then.  . . .that bastard was being charged and prosecuted, I won't be expelled from Keio. If I wasn't being expelled from Keio, If there wasn't the injustice in this, I wouldn't have turn into interest in Forensic science. I wouldn't have applied for the UK university. I wouldn't have . . . . She wouldn't has . . . ' Ai thought bitterly in her mind. "You can't change anything. Nothing can be changed anymore." Ai soften down at her last sentence. "Nothing will change . . ." With that, Ai turned back around and wandered off from Hitomi, leaving Hitomi to stand alone in the park, watching the figure of Ai to slowly disappear from her vision.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dan~
How was this chapter? It took me a whole day to type this out (and of course there's hours of digression inbetween)
Played with some science factors over here.

The Mitochondria (site of anerobic respiration for ATP for energy) are organelles with it's own respective DNA, collectively known as the mtDNA. All children will have the same mtDNA as their biological mother as during the fertilisation of the ovum and the sperm, the Mitochondrion of the sperm is left outside the ovum, leaving the zygote's mitochondria to be from the ovum - which are the mitochondrias of the maternal cells. And therefore, mtDNA is acutually a good source to depend on when determining the mother. And of course, you will share the same mtDNA with your cousins, whose mothers are your mum's sisters :) hehe

Regarding blood type thingy - you may or may not share the same blood type as your parents. - I think most people know about this right? hehehehh

@ shenlog : Yes, Ai had decided to help. . . But she can't . . . I chose to remain silent about questions whether will Haru live or not. I have yet to decide on that yet =X ehehhehe.

@ alwaysYou : hahah yah. Ai-chan's red towel. hehehe. Well . . .she was in a state of panic and confusion when she did that . . .so . . .hmmm. .  Hahhaha. . . so can you conclude what's my next step? hehehehheeh *smile evilly* JKJK Thank you!! I can't wait to be back. :)

@ rndmwierd : Okay! Do tell me what you think is the truth. I would like to know :) heheh . More TakaGaki will come. I have a few planned up - but that would be a few more more chapters away before I will reach there :)

@ kano-chan: hehehe. Thanks for your fast comments even at times when you are busy! It's really very much appreciated!! THANK YOU!!!

Heeheee
As for now, the next chapter will be slightly a longer wait since I have to start my packing and get onto that plane in less than 48 hours
And therefore I wouldn't be able to write for the next two days - with the third day being uncertain whether would I have time to write or not . . .
So . . . . . .
Until the next time then!!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 12:58:25 PM by caiyunki »

Offline alwaysYou

• Aigaki<3 and AiReina<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: SEARCH [ . # 9 updated 27 June 2011 ]
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2011, 04:26:13 PM »
@ alwaysYou : hahah yah. Ai-chan's red towel. hehehe. Well . . .she was in a state of panic and confusion when she did that . . .so . . .hmmm. .  Hahhaha. . . so can you conclude what's my next step? hehehehheeh *smile evilly* JKJK Thank you!! I can't wait to be back.
you wanna make me me crack my mind?   :lol:

and i was right! Aichan was rape..bastard guy (which make up of tanaka and junjun)..LOL..(sorry, cant help to just link to that 2 members..XD XD)..
so that guy was in medical too..arrrrrr..if only Aya was there..and Ai was dumb enough to accept a drink just like this..
And seriously, damn those police..accepting the money and let that bastard off..the guy was clever enough to throw Ai in the bathtub, thus washing away all evidence..poor ai..=(..i

And now Gakisan wanna charge Aichan?! it will continue pushing Aichan be more hurt..Why cant she just say her blood is not suitable..Arrrr..

let me see..i believe you will make Aichan getting more pain..she will go and look for that bastard and beg him to save Haru chan. He will be the only way left right. And somehow, that bastard might force Ai to do it with him again, since Aichan was pass out last time and what he wants was Aichan to be awake if not he wont say ""Yah! But next time don’t use muscle relaxant. There's-" ,,i think he will choose the medic which can make Aichan high if time can go back..So yea, i think Aichan might suffer from this nightmare again in order to save Haru..and none will know it.and Gakisan will still charge Aichan(w/o knowing the real truth) to make Aichan save Haruchan.
And with Yossie wanting to reopen the case..the one who get hurt more will still be Aichan..i doubt that bastard will feel anything about it..

t's damn sad to see the helpless Aichan 7 years back..and even now too..no one seem to understand her real pain since she is hiding and keeping everything to herself..

ahhh..Aichan, you can hate the police, just not Niigaki.  :lol: XD

cant wait to read the next chp!!!!!!!!

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2011, 04:38:10 PM »
Well, the truth was revealed in this chapter, as I thought, Ai-chan is Haru's mom, the police didn't take her case seriously, so she blames them for letting everything get away from her. Will Risa really press charges, though? Or will she confront Ai again and end up changing her mind?

Offline Bamtai

• Member+
  • I'll do anything for your smile Risa!
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2011, 08:57:47 AM »
Holy....?!?!?!  :shocked  This chapter was shocking!!!! Poor Ai-chan  :cry: But she could still care little bit more of her own daughter  :angry: I hope Haru-chan will survive...  :cry:

Offline Kikk4r

• Member+
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2011, 04:22:37 PM »
HOLY COW  :shocked i wish that ai could care more about haru but i have a feeling that she do but still.....

and ai beating up that dude was pure winning TAKAHASHI SAMA~~~ XD

im hoping for more soon

hahah btw it was an awzm chapter :cow:

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Predators - Mustang Hippie