JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hinoi Team - Sing Na Na Na

Author Topic: Imagination ["The Girl" 1/22]  (Read 12661 times)

Offline XcuteX26262X

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Imagination ["Ai is a Pervert" 11/08]
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2010, 07:57:43 PM »
Yay!!! An update!!!  :banana:
I'm trying to make this realistic since I know not everyone in the world is gung-ho about same gender relationships, but I have no idea what it's like in Japan so what the hey! I tried, it's really difficult though ;-; feedback would be greatly appreciated!
It's not really that much of a big deal in Japan (I think).
You're an amazing writer. Please write more <3
I can't wait until the next update  :tama-excite:
(Sorry, my English not that good  :nervous)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2010, 05:12:20 PM »
Your take on Ai is really good. Welcome to the family! (again!) :lol:

Lol I understand the whole not doing homework and writing fanfiction thing. I used to do it all the time. XD I rather like how things are progressing in the story though. Very realistic. :D You definitely have a good grasp on how things are going. I feel like I learned something. :D

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline StephanyLee

• Member+
  • Just call me Steph
    • Rdz89Steph
    • s_teph_89
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2010, 08:40:27 AM »
Hello~!

I'm so please to have red this  :inlove:
I really like the tittle xD

and about the story, you totally got me with the first lines. The way you write is really good ^^ and I was amazed with the fact that this could be and AiEri fic ^^. I usually don't like fics where "there's someone else" specially a boy but since is Risa is Ok LOL.

I could feel really identified with Ai is just come a time where you just don't know o.0 specially when it comes to Eri u.u'
Also at first and though it may be TanaGaki >.> but thank you it wasn't hehe.

The attitude he spoke with really just rubbed me the wrong way; me and Eri were TOTALLY compatible, moreso than her and him. We made a fucking hot couple.
Amen to that Ai

I really lie the way they meet and how thing work out for them. Hope you continue this ^^

That AiEri kiss was totally hawt!  :shocked

My tears continued to fall as I held onto her arm and we just stood like that, crying.
LOL... I could totally picture this. Is so ... like them xD

We definitely need more AiEri around here (StephanyLee will be pleased to know about the existence of this upcoming fic! <3)
How in the world would you know that?! ... LOL

I'm sorry I just give a really short reply, not so good at doing this :nervous but maybe I will give you a more extended review latter hehe. Meanwhile hope you continue this ^^
Twice took over my life and I'm not the same since then ♡
My love for H!P will never die ♡

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2010, 03:33:29 PM »
I read your latest chapter the moment I saw it, and was planning to respond of course... then got swept away by I don't know what...  :nervous

Thanks for updating, Mkame, I was afraid that you wouldn't >.<

So a big YAY for this new update!
 :love:

A fairly short update in comparison to your first chapter, but hey, I'm not going to sit here and complain - I'm very happy to see this!  :wub: AiEri...
The more I think about them, the more I read about them... the more I LOVE them, and this story just reinforces that for me. Hehhee..

Truthfully, it was Eri’s “fault”. She had told her… ‘friend’ that we were an item, much to my surprise and frightened elation. I did wonder about her opinion on same gender relationships though- it was a clever thing to say in such a situation, a different sexual preference is a very good reason not to be able to date someone. However, it was one thing to be able to say something and another to mean it.

Was it mere acting when Eri reciprocated the kiss? It felt so… good. Right? As in, did it feel right? I wasn’t sure, but it felt very enjoyable, and when I had observed her in those mere moments, she seemed quite sincere.

XD

I really enjoyed listening to Ai-chan's internal dilemma here!
Very nice touch. It's a bit of a change to have the girls questioning their stance on love, their sexuality... we don't get that enough, I think.
H!P writers either a) write as if it's the most natural thing in the world for a girl to like another girl; b) brush over the dilemma in a sentence or two and then everything's A okay (which then leads to great smexy smex)... xD

I vote for continuing with the uncertainties and doubt!  :w00t:

It wasn’t as though I was some idol who had been wearing bikinis for photo books since I was fourteen.

:lol:
I love it when you writers do that. ^___^

“Though I do wonder…” I trailed off, and noticed the slight twitch of a cringe in her eyes as she anticipated my question. “Do you like girls?”

Eri didn’t meet my eyes and I knew my question caused discomfort. I hoped my physical stature didn’t reveal any insight to my own stand on the subject, I wanted to hear Eri’s honest answer without any outside factors adding to her opinion. I felt bad for putting her on the spot, but I was almost frantic to hear her answer. I wanted another human being to tell me that what I felt was okay, that my sin wasn’t unheard of in this country.

:wub:

Then with Eri's so very cute answer to that...
 :wriggly:

“Ai-chan, why are you crying?” Ah, fuck, I’ve always been such a crybaby.

I agree  XD

But hey, that's why we all love you.  :love:

My tears continued to fall as I held onto her arm and we just stood like that, crying. We weren’t close enough for hugging (God knows I’m too awkward regardless), but it was still us awkwardly standing there, the relief of an invisible burden’s weight lessening from our chests.

I wasn't quite sure if I should be feeling amused by this or not... but it's a yes, I can't help it. Imagining these two out in public, finally getting this off their chest.. and just standing there, crying with relief or whatever...

These two weirdos. You just have to love them!  :mon lovelaff:
But hooray for this little advancement in their relationship!

I definitely don't want you to end there. Now interested to see how you're going to thicken the plot, throw in some complications to keep this story going... obviously the girls coming to terms with their feelings for each other will be one aspect to deal with, but I'm curious as to how you're going to stretch this out...

Hope we get to see some more of their adventures (other members to make cameos? xD)...  :grin:

About same gender relationships in Japan... I'm not too informed about that myself, but here's a little something tru said in IshiYoshi's thread when the idea came up yet again about them coming clean:

in Japan, as far as i know (meaning: as far as my students have told me) homosexuality is tolerated individually but not socially...

so like many individual people would say they accept it when they are with friends but when asked among more unfamiliar people, they would take an opposing stand.

i've been told several times ago that if IshiYoshi does come out gay, it would be career suicide for them...

I've had the same kind of feeling too, just from my few years of watching Jdramas, learning about the country, following news etc.
It's probably something you don't want to go parading around for all to see, but it's not exactly something that's going to have people throw rocks at you and stuff like that...  :nervous

Anyways, thanks again for the update!  :thumbsup
Really glad you continued...
I'll be waiting for the next instalment!

Please update soon!  :heart:

Offline Shiawase_Honoo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Happy大作戦
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2010, 07:00:54 AM »
Hi there!
It's hard to explain but I think I love this fic :wub:
Thanks for your writing :inlove:

Offline Mkame

Re: Imagination ["The Girl" 1/22]
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2011, 11:02:58 PM »
Hello everyone, happy new year! I'm back for a quick short story which originated off a short story I wrote for school. The copy I gave to the school is way better than this one, but I wasn't even allowed to keep any drafts, so it's from memory!

I'm bad at replying individually, but I just wanted to really thank everyone who has read and enjoyed my writing. It means a lot to me that you take your time and especially comment as well. I'll try not to disappoint when I randomly come back to post!

And it probably takes place in a North American setting, but still with Japanese names/mannerisms. And... probably not what you're expecting. ^^;

---

The Girl

It was a regular day when Sayumi became a part of our class. No one knew her or her reasons for transferring in at the late time, but no one could forget her. We were a small school, a small class, so any extra additions were instantly noted. That would be the most reasonable argument, but the truth was that Sayumi was simply a very beautiful girl.

As Sayumi entered the classroom, a conveniently unison silence took over. Boys and girls alike stared at the beauty before them in awe. The light made her midnight black hair shimmer as the sun through the window landed gently upon it. Her dark hair was a perfect contrast to her snow white face. Her delicate facial features were soft, as is common in youth, yet she held a steeled authority in her being. Sayumi's appearance was just like a porcelain doll; including the lack of smile.

Her introduction was short and blunt ("I'm Sayumi"), before she glided to her seat at the back of the room. Postures straightened and gazes discreetly followed the foreign figure as she sat. The tense atmosphere lessened, but was still noticeable.

It was something out of a cliched TV show when we realized that Sayumi had no intention of mingling with lower life forms. All approaches of friendship (and more) were aloofly deflected as she continued to write her notes. No one hated her for it (as it is difficult to entirely hate beautiful people), but there was a distinct tone of negativity towards her. Sayumi's solitude was the talk of the halls, at least until Kenji Miyamoto took all the human-like models in the school and arranged them in an inappropriate still scene.

Despite her lack of social interaction, Sayumi was never pushed to the back of our minds, to be forgotten. It had come as a huge shock when, despite entering school a week late, Sayumi had placed first in our class on the standardized math test. It was incredible to be acquainted with such beauty and brains, although no one was actually really acquainted with her.

"Eri, may I speak to you for a moment?" I halted my footwork as my classmates continued their march outside, eager to return home. I replied in confirmation as I headed towards my teacher. I noticed that we were still not the only ones in the room. Sayumi was leaning on the far wall with an undirected gaze of nonchalance that I was momentarily mesmerized by.

"Your grades have not been very good this year," Sensei began. "I let it slide since you still passed last year, but you won't be able to enter a good university with your current marks." I dropped my head in shame. I had been a smart student once before, I wonder what had happened?

"I know your parents wouldn't be happy, so I've assigned Sayumi as your tutor." I heard the crack, I wasn't sure if the other two heard the sound as my head shot up. The concept flew over my head entirely, I was so surprised. I looked at the living doll and was able to hold her gaze. Without any particular emotions being conveyed, I turned away, self-conscious. I should have spent more time on my hair this morning.

-

Our first study session was the next day after school at Sayumi's house. I was secretly pleased at this for two reasons: I couldn't STAND doing homework at my own home as the atmosphere was terrible for schoolwork. Also, I would be the first person in the whole school to see the princess's home, I thought smugly.

Sayumi drove a small, regular car (the build escapes me) and it was a quick drive before pulling up in the driveway of a very normal looking house. I followed her quietly as we entered the building, continuing into what looked like a small study. Basically, a room with a table and chairs.

We went to work immediately, and Sayumi began to explain concepts with examples. I know I should have been trying my best to pay attention and understand her teachings, but the close proximity had my palms continuously moist. All I could think about throughout that lesson was how I wanted to braid that pretty, pretty hair.

-

Our days continued like this for a few weeks. I learned not to look directly at the figure next to me, and that helped my concentration slightly. Still, the increase in my grades was minimal at best. I could tell that Sayumi was frustrated with me, but she was a good sport about since we were both working seriously (with one of us yielding better results).

I think during our study sessions we were able to get a little closer. We conversed more, but awkward pauses were quite frequent, as we both lacked the skills to keep a continuous conversation. I don't think Sayumi was nearly as embarrassed in those moments as I was. We never spoke at school, as that was our unofficial rule (unless to make or confirm study sessions), but we would make small talk at her house. Our conversations were able to drift away from our studies, but not very far.

"I find it's better to work hard early on. That way, you develop a good foundation and have more free time afterwords." I hung onto her every word. "You can't help others if you can't help yourself."

For the rest of the day, including my walk home and my absent task of placing food in my mouth at dinner, my mind went over what Sayumi had told me. The message didn’t differ much from what my parents had been trying unsuccessfully to drill in my head at a young age, but I found that Sayumi’s words were much more convincing. As I lay in bed that night, I found myself unable to stop crying as I realized what had to be done.

-

After school the next day, I waited for the class to empty before I approached my teacher. I requested for a different tutor, one that was not Sayumi. I did my best to explain that although she was very smart, I found it difficult to learn from her. Though it really depressed me that I would no longer be seeing my beautiful classmate so close everyday, I wanted to prove to her that I could improve myself. My grades couldn't improve due to my being distracted by her, so this was my only solution. Sensei merely nodded in understanding, telling me she would find me a new tutor by the following week. I bowed and thanked her as I left the classroom.

As soon as I took only two steps out, I noticed my now ex-tutor standing there. Her eyes were shining with unspilled liquid as she gave me a hard look. She brushed past me at a brisk pace, her posture rigid and cold. At that moment, I could only think of two things: Sayumi still looked incredibly lovely, even at the verge of tears. Secondly, Sayumi was just a girl- a girl that I had hurt.

---

Not that long, felt longer writing it by hand though x_x. I don't know if it seems very realistic, but I'm hoping it's all right! If there's questions that's fine too ^^ Not quite a romantic story or pairing, but I hope it was all right to read ^^;
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 11:08:51 PM by Mkame »

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Re: Imagination ["The Girl" 1/22]
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2011, 05:48:11 AM »
Aww, that's actually really sad. Like, the bud of a relationship(not necessarily romance) just crushed. By a crush, ironically. But it was a good read.

JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hinoi Team - Sing Na Na Na