JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Melon Kinenbi - Crazy Happy!

Author Topic: Vanui's OS Collection (WMatsui, CenNezu, AtsuMina)  (Read 51309 times)

Offline Kiri-el

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Vanui's works (Two Roses Chapter 3, WMatsui 9/10)
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2011, 01:25:21 PM »
"In fact, if he wasn’t mistaken, he kind of looked like Jurina when she had dressed as a male for a picture,"   :shy1:

Bad Jun :D

A bit strange, but more and more like it. Interesting and new. How long will?

Offline caghaunt

• Shinoda Mariko-sama!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ShawAkarin wa saikou! MariHaru mo!
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2011, 05:13:34 PM »
That's not what I meant. I mean, the real Jun isn't remember anything at all. But Jurina who's in Jun's body remember anything clearly.
I'm a little disappointed with Rena. She must be very depressed if she actually get drunk.
I think, the paper that fell is the one with, if not important document, must be something that related to Jurina.
One-shots: SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter: SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter:
SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter:
Tumblr:
caghaunt

Offline BlackRockAnon

• Gekikara's underling
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Procrastination
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2011, 08:41:56 AM »
I smell.... Jun crossdressing and pretending to be Jurina! Ohoho! Keep it up! I really look forward to the next chapter! :D

Offline immortal_K

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Welcome to Immortal's world.
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2011, 09:51:59 AM »
Some WMatsui moments, too bad its Jun now.

I wonder how this will work if Jun is going to live with KojiHaru keke
will KojiHaru figure out it is Jurina in the body of Jun?

Please update soon  :twothumbs

Offline Vanui

• Member+
  • *giggle*
Re: Vanui's works (Two Roses Chapter 4, WMatsui 9/15)
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2011, 01:33:47 AM »
Nyanoha: Gender bending FTW ;D
arisa03: Nishi actually said that I'd be the more likely one to be looking up those thighs 8D
karomuwi: Here's more! XD I'm glad that you like the story. However, my real life is extremely busy, so I gotta pace myself and try to get weekly updates instead of sporadic bursts. You'll get your updates! Don't worry!
Haruko: XD Thank you! There's actually a lot I'm going to try and put in here, so some of those possibilities might come true~
yukofan: Indeed, poor Rena. ; w ; She'll get her happiness soon enough, though!
kahem: With Kojiharu comes Yuko. Prepare for madness 8D
RenaChii: Things will get better for her! I promise XD
blughise: Thanks for the comment! And thank you very much for letting me use Jun's name. Here's your update~
HashirePomeranian: Thank you very much! I hope you continue to enjoy the WMatsui goodness~
Kiri-el: Strange? XD I am a moderately strange person. Updates should be weekly, so look forward to them~
caghaunt: Oh, I see what you mean. See, the original Jun would actually be dead from the accident that killed his family, but Jurina's soul was put into Jun's body. So technically the original Jun is dead. I actually didn't know how to put this explanation into the story, so I'll just leave this here. XD
And as for Rena, I feel like she would be completely devastated to lose Jurina and would want to escape from reality. I know I would if the people I loved died, even if I really hate alcohol. For the paper, you shall see...
BlackRockAnon: LOL That might be a possibility for a shenanigan... but we shall see. XD
immortal_K: It's a little awkward with Jurina as a male, yes? But see, I wanted to make a drastic change to Jurina that would force her to become mentally and physically stronger because of upcoming plot stuff. Look forward to it~

Phew! So many responses! Thank you very much to all those who commented! It really surprised me to have so many people liking this story. Some plot stuff was explained in a response to a comment, so you can look up and read it if you like. Also, I will say this again, but my real life is very busy so updates will probably be once a week, if I can.

This is a sort of short filler chapter, but it is necessary to move things along. It's got some KojiYuu though and hilarity, so please enjoy!~

Special thanks to Nishizono for being the most BA proofreader ever~

Two Roses Chapter 4

Jun took a deep breath in and let it out slowly.

Alright. I can do this. Easy. No problem. Nothing to worry about.

He extended his hand out towards the doorbell of the house in front of him, staring a hole into the wooden door and anticipating the worst. Reluctantly, he pressed the button and heard the doorbell ring.

Ding dong!

He winced at the noise.

There was a giant shout followed by a loud thump as something fell near the door, something that sounded suspiciously like someone tripping and falling on the floor. A painful yelp echoed over an exasperated sigh as footsteps approached the door. Jun blinked in confusion. What could possibly be going on in there?

Slowly, the door inched open and Jun found himself staring up at his familiar idol friend.

“Uh. Hi,” he dumbly greeted while lifting his hand up in a feeble wave.

Kojima Haruna stared at him. He stared back, taking notice of her red, puffy eyes and disheveled appearance. He gulped. Another wave of guilt crashed over him.

He moved his hands and waved them in front of her face, checking to see if she was still alive. “Hello?”

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Haruna grabbed onto his hand and clutched it tightly, causing the poor boy to jump in surprise.

“Jurina?” she asked, all the color draining out of her face.

Jun froze. How was he supposed to answer that?

A second later, Jun found himself on the ground as a small weight tackled him to the ground in a hug. All the air left his lungs as his body landed, making him see stars in his vision.

“Jurin-” an overjoyed Yuko shouted, before she blinked. In a flash, she was groping Jun’s chest and patting it down, a look of confusion spreading across her face.

“Uhhh... can you not do that?” Jun winced, awkwardly trying to shift Yuko off of him. Then he felt something down there being groped and he yelped, shoving the small girl quickly off.

“Nyan-Nyan! This is definitely not Jurina...” Yuko stated as she stood up and placed a protective arm in front of the still shocked Haruna.

Jun sweatdropped. “Listen, before things get out of hand... I’m Kojima-san’s cousin,” he introduced, reaching into his bag for the papers.

He looked down at the stack in his hands and paused. The first sheet... it was missing...

“Uhh... well, I might’ve lost my information sheet... but here! I have the signed papers that say I’m supposed to stay with you...” he offered, holding the sheets out for Haruna to take. She stepped out from behind Yuko and took them, shuffling through the papers.

“I had heard about my cousin coming to stay with me... but you look too much like Jurina to be true...”

Jun nervously scratched the back of his neck. “Ah, you see... My name is Matsui Jun... And... I’mactuallyJurinareborninaguy’sbody.”

They stared. “Come again?” Yuko questioned.

“My name i-”

“No, not that part. The other part.”

He swallowed the knot in his throat. “I’m... actually Jurina... now in a guy’s body...”

Deep silence.

Then Yuko burst out laughing, startling both Haruna and Jun and causing them to look at her. “Haha! Nyan-Nyan, do you hear this guy? He’s clearly messed up in the head.”

Jun scowled. Messed up in the head, eh?

“Yuko, a couple months ago, in that pervert incident, you were actually the one who stole everyone’s panties and bras as they went to bathe and hid them in a laundry bin. I know because I was the one to help you.”

Yuko immediately shut up as Haruna turned her menacing gaze upon the small girl.

“Haruna, a couple days before the accident, you told me... that you and Yuko would be here for me,” Jun recalled, slightly embarrassed at bringing that moment back up. “Er... what else can I say to convince you?”

Yuko rubbed at her chin, almost as if she had a beard, and thought for a moment before suggesting, “Well, you can start by paying for dinner...”

Jun grinned, knowing the proper response to this. “That depends. Are you eating Haruna tonight or not?”

Kojiharu turned bright red as Yuko burst out laughing, giving Jun a hearty high-five as he snickered at the two.

“Guess you really are Jurina, eh?” Yuko confirmed, still in a fit of laughter. Jun calmed down and gave a relieved smile, holding two thumbs up in a Jurina-esque style.

Haruna sighed but smiled happily nonetheless. She bonked Yuko lightly on the head and turned around, her back now facing the two at the doorway. “Come on, get in here. It’s dark out and not safe.”

Yuko and Jurina looked at each other and exchanged gentle smiles as they heard sniffling noises from Haruna’s turned face.

Again, that guilt dug itself into Jun’s chest.

Jun skipped inside and gave Haruna a surprise hug, burying his face into her back while Yuko closed the door. “Don’t worry. I’m alive and well, Haruna,” he whispered, trying to reassure the crying girl.

Haruna sobbed harder. “You idiot. I’m just so glad that you’re... you’re...”

She couldn’t continue as she started to hiccup, Yuko now coming over and hugging her too with tears in her own eyes. The three of them stayed in a group hug as Haruna calmed down and hugged Yuko and Jun tightly against herself.

“C-Come on... let’s go eat...”

And with that, the new family (Jun is Haruna’s cousin after all) went to enjoy their first meal together.

“Oh, and Yuko? Don’t you dare think you’re off the hook for that incident.”

---

Dinner passed by with much tears and laughter as Jun recounted his experiences that led up to the accident and what happened immediately after. Haruna and Yuko listened attentively, nodding their heads occasionally or inserting a comment here and there.

Eventually, after the dishes were washed and the leftovers put in the fridge, it got to the point where Jun had found Rena at the bar. The room became deathly silent and still as Jun explained to them about what happened and how he had gotten her home.

“She... was really drunk, guys. I was actually kind of scared for her at one point during the train ride,” Jun told them, voice cracking as he held back tears. Men didn’t cry, right?

Haruna laid a hand on his shoulder and looked straight at his eyes. “Jun, she’s really taken Jurina’s death hard. She blames herself entirely for the incident,” she stated. “You should have seen her after we got there and the body was carried away. She...”

Haruna grimaced heavily as she remembered the moment. Yuko continued for her. “She wouldn’t let go of your body, Jurina. She was crying and clinging to your... bloody corpse for as long as she could.”

Jun swallowed hard and blinked rapidly to clear his increasingly teary vision.

“The point is,” Haruna said, “that after we got her cleaned up, we left her to her own devices, which was a big mistake. Yuko and I... we should have known that no matter how much a person hates drinking, he or she will do so when the need becomes great enough for them to abandon their sorrow.”

Yuko patted Jun’s head and frowned guiltily. “It’s our fault, Jurina. We left her alone during the time when she needed us the most. We just thought she could use some space, but that was so stupid now that I think about it.”

Jun removed Yuko’s hand and took a shaky breath in. “No, it’s my fault.”

Yuko tried to pacify the girl’s guilt. “It’s not your fault, Jurina. If it’s anyone’s, it-”

“No, it’s my fault!” he yelled, smashing his fists on the table and causing water to spill out of the cups. Silence reigned over the room as Jun breathed heavily, trying to calm himself down.

“I...” he whimpered, “I just... couldn’t bear the thought of losing Rena... so I dove in front of that truck without thinking... but this is somehow just as bad...”

Haruna sighed and shook her head. “Jun, listen to me,” she commanded, clutching his shoulder tightly. “You were given a second chance, and Rena is alive. Use this chance, Jun. Use it to help her back on her feet. And-”

“We all know you are hopelessly in love with her, kiddo~ So go and get her~” Yuko sang out. Haruna facepalmed.

“That’s not how I was going to put it, but that’s the basic idea. Jun... you and Rena can still be happy together.”

Overwhelmed with so much support and hope from his friends, Jun finally gave in and cried his heart out, letting out all the tension and confusion he had been experiencing for the past day and a half. He sobbed, and sobbed, and sobbed, all while Haruna and Yuko continued to comfort him and made sure that he knew that he was not alone.

Finally, his cries quieted down, and he smiled his first real smile as a man.

Sure, everything that had happened so far was traumatic and insane, but he knew he could make it through somehow. With his friends at his back, he would be alright.

So how was it? Do not fret, some WMatsui will come in about... 2 chapters 8D

'Cause I'm mean like that~

P.P.P.S. Anon was here ;D

« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 05:35:56 AM by Vanui »
ねぇ、怒ってる?

Offline blughise

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • AtsuMina FOREVER
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2011, 01:55:39 AM »
WOW YUKO actually steal and hide the underewears and bras :rofl:
Yuko oh god :rofl:

It's really nice that KojiYuu couple are convinced and will support Jun no matter what.
Really nice chapter Vanui :D
Hey for the next update can you include some Atsumina moment?

Anyways please update soon :D

Offline immortal_K

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Welcome to Immortal's world.
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2011, 03:29:44 AM »
LOL so Jun convinced the KojiYuu couple to help him keke

Yuko always a perv, stealing underwear and bra's now and with Jurina's help  XD

Thanks for the update, Please let Jun heal Rena. update soon.  :twothumbs

Offline karomuwi

• Rena-sama~ I adore thee!!!
  • Member+
  • I LOVE Mayuki, WMatsui, GekiBlack and Kojiyuu~!
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2011, 03:36:03 AM »
Hooray~! Now someone knows that he is Jurina!!! Nice job!!! :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs Please update when you can and when you're not so busy. I know how hard being busy is. Anyway, great story! ^^ :inlove:
Had a withdrawal, so now I'm planning to fall in love with the couples all over again

\(^ - ^)/
Here are my fics~! They can be found amongst these three. :hee:

Shots
Love's A Mission
Oh My Dolly!

R.A.Y
SoUL (Series)

The Akiba Family (T.A.F)

Offline arisa03

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2011, 03:55:41 AM »
I will stay behind you as well Jun. And Push you towards Rena. = 3=. (I am such a troll) LOL xD

Quote from: Vanui
Jun grinned, knowing the proper response to this. “That depends. Are you eating Haruna tonight or not?” 

You are definitely my Padawan. LOLOLOLOLOL Thanks for the extra KojiYuu >=DDDD Can't wait for some more revelations happening now. LOL
Like I’m the most calm... Like, it must definitely be because, Like when we enter, I’ll be hurrying. But Because Junjun is older, I can calm down? I don’t really know, Like I just absolutely want her there beside me. Whenever we go abroad, if Junjun is absolutely not beside me, I absolutely won’t go. Something like that. -- Tanaka Reina about Junjun.

Offline Nyanoha

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2011, 05:10:45 AM »
So much love ;___;/ *I do cry a lot in reviews don't I? 8D)

Anyways...this was such a win of a chapter, couldn't stop laughing at the part where Jun said if Yuko was going to eat Kojiharu :kekeke:

Also.....2 CHAPTERS IS SOOOOO FAR AWAY!   :banghead:

Vaniiiii-chaaaaaaaan, updaaaaate sooooooooon~~~
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.

http://asteon.tumblr.com/

Offline RenaChii

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2011, 06:19:21 AM »
WWOOOOOO~!!

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER~!!  XD

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2011, 08:22:56 AM »
Rofl Yuko is a pants and bra stealer
Poor Rena T_T but Jurina will fix your heart

Offline Kiri-el

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2011, 09:48:36 AM »
Yes, you are mean  :P

Still I love this fic. A bit sad, but I hope the end will be good. I wonder if Jurina is recognized by Rena...

Offline haruhi16

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2011, 10:03:34 AM »
It's nice that KojiYuu couple is helping Jurina to win Rena back again.  :)

And Yuko... Stealing panties and bras, tsk pervert squirrel  :smhid  lol  :lol:

please update soon!  :thumbsup

Offline BlackRockAnon

• Gekikara's underling
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Procrastination
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2011, 02:26:32 PM »
I wouldn't mind going gay for Jun if he really looked like Jurina. That aside... MOAR! xD

Great work! I hope to see more soon! :D

Offline caghaunt

• Shinoda Mariko-sama!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ShawAkarin wa saikou! MariHaru mo!
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2011, 04:14:44 PM »
Oh. Now I understand. JUN is dead. HIS BODY is now used by Jurina for her second chance.
Jun Matsui is Kojipa's cousin, who is Jurina's friend from AKB.
Now KojiYuu know that Jun is Jurina. And they want to help Jun to get Rena back.
The paper that fell earlier is his information sheet from hospital which probably will lead Rena to Jun.
But there's something missing. That AKB's no dating rules. Especially with a guy.
How can Jurina -Jun- get Rena back if there's a rules that forbid it? And Jurina is a boy now.
One-shots: SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter: SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter:
SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter:
Tumblr:
caghaunt

Offline BlackRockAnon

• Gekikara's underling
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Procrastination
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2011, 03:33:14 AM »
^ HOLD IT!

AKB did say that their girls aren't allowed to have boyfriends but did Aki P. say anything about SKE not being allowed to have relationships?

TAKE THAT!

(Sorry, too much Gyakuten Saiban. XD)

Offline Haruko

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2011, 05:58:07 AM »
Good chapter... I always think that Yuko and jurina are like tea teacher
 and student.. The prank is gorgeous jaja

Offline endless14

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2011, 06:21:50 AM »
Hi! :peace: a new reader  :)
Allow me to tell how much I love the Center x Nezumi fic,JYEEEEEEROUUUUUUSSSSSSS NEZUMI ? I APPROVE :thumbup
I was like this  :cathappy: throughout as I was reading it  XD

and TWO ROSES is so interesting  :panic: I wonder how the story will progress,and that pervert incident of Yuko is BRILLIANT  :w00t:
SKE:Shawako-sama

http://48tapegirl.tumblr.com/ 
Probably wonderland for Atsumina shippers
And I dig up old stuff and post them too

Offline Vanui

• Member+
  • *giggle*
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2011, 01:49:55 AM »
blughise: The funny thing is, is that I already did what you requested before you even requested it. Look forward to it. ;D
immortal_K: Rena shall be healed soon enough! ...I think...
karomuwi: Life is indeed very busy. Thank you for the support. XD
arisa03: You are my Sensei forever~
Nyanoha: Hereeeeee'ssssss yourrrrrr updaaaaaateeeeeeeeeee~ And don't cry so much, Mama D:
RenaChii: AND HERE YOU GO~
kahem: O: How about a Doctor Jun danso? With Rena? "I will heal your heart" LOL
Kiri-el: I also hope the end will be good. ;D
haruhi16: Kojiyuu is the best kind of support  :thumbsup
BlackRockAnon: PFFTTTTT, I'd go straight for Jun ;D (I'ma gay, btw LOL)
caghaunt: Ah, those rules. Don't worry about them. They won't really factor into this story... and it's not because I'm making them disappear. The rules are still there, but they won't be important.
Haruko: I think I remember Jurina once saying Yuko was her oshimen? Or was that someone else? LOL Either way, I believe they would be a troublesome pair if they spend more time together. 8D
endless14: Ahaha, everyone wants the jealous Nezumi. But we shall see, depending on how much time I will have in the future.

Thank you everyone for all your kind comments!

And here's the picture of Jurina dressed up as a guy ('cause I thought ya'll would want to see the picture that started this fic LOL): Hello There Sexy~

I highly advise checking that picture out. It'll even make straight guys go gay~

Well... I usually try to stay ahead before posting chapters and have a reserve chapter just in case I don't write enough... I didn't expect to use it so soon OTL
Anyways, here you go~ Threw in some more pairings for all you people with different OTPs.

As always, special thanks to Nishi for being awesome and sorting through my writing~

Two Roses Chapter 5

When the sun burned Jun’s eyes open in the morning, he immediately groaned, turned over in his uncomfortable bed, and buried his face in an unfamiliar pillow.

He quickly rose up afterwards once he had gotten a whiff of his own scent. Boy, did he smell terrible. It seemed like what people said was true: Guys stank a lot worse than girls.

“Ugh... I don’t even have clothes to change into after I shower...” he mumbled, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He was sure that Haruna wouldn’t have any guy clothes lying around either. Deciding that he might as well shower off the sweat and tears from the previous day, he rolled off the bed and trudged his way out of the guest room and toward the shower room.

Without bothering to knock, he sleepwalked into the bathroom and threw his shirt off just as Haruna stepped out from behind the glass door of the shower stall.

They stared at each other, seconds ticking by in the stunned silence.

“Ahhh!!!” Haruna shrieked, running to get a towel around herself as Jun turned scarlet while covering his eyes.

“I’m sorry! It’s okay! I was girl before! We’ve seen each other na-” He was pelted with a bucket. “Ow! Alright, I get it! I’m out, I’m out!”

He sprinted out of there and shut the door behind himself, panting heavily and rubbing at the sore spot on his arm where the bucket hit him. Damn, that girl could throw.

“What happened?” Yuko yawned, coming out of Haruna’s room with half-open eyes. “Why was Nyan Nyan screaming? And where’s your shirt?”

“She was showering in there and I didn’t notice, so I walked right into there and saw her completely nude,” he sighed. “I threw my shirt off right as I got in there.”

Yuko laughed. “Seeing as how your friend down there isn’t poking his head out, I can safely assume that nothing happened,” she winked while Jun just stared, unamused by the joke.

“No, Yuko,” he retorted, “That’s your job.”

“Nice six pack by the way. Did they come with the new body?” Yuko mischievously smirked, poking the wall of flesh on Jun’s stomach. Almost as if he just realized he had a six pack, he looked down and let out a “Huh...” before slapping Yuko’s hand away.

“That’s not a six pack, idiot. I’m not that muscular.”

She kept trying to poke him anyway.

Only this woman could be so feisty in the morning, he thought to himself. How did Haruna deal with her everyday?

Right when he thought that, the door from behind him burst open and smacked him in the back of the head, causing him to let out a pathetic yelp of pain.

“Shower’s yours,” Haruna stated, walking crisply past the two and into her room, shutting the door firmly behind her.

As he rubbed his sore head, Jun then wondered how Yuko could deal with Haruna everyday. She was quite vicious when she wanted to be.

---

“Listen, I already apologized! What more do you want from me? I was a girl too, you know. I didn’t see anything that I hadn’t already seen before,” Jun pleaded while he trailed behind the still-fuming Haruna and the smirking Yuko.

All three of them were now in the shopping center of the area, going to pick out new clothes for Jun and buy him basic necessities, like deodorant and similar items. He had already received a toothbrush from Haruna (albeit grudgingly, as the girl had thrown it at his face) so at least he wasn’t walking around feeling like his mouth was submerged in bacteria.

Once they reached the first store, Haruna couldn’t hold it in anymore and finally burst out laughing. “I’m sorry, Jun, but that was too fun. I already forgave you the moment you walked out of the bathroom,” she told him, patting him on the head.

He pouted and crossed his arms over his chest. “You’re so mean!”

“Ahaha! It’s times like right now that I remember you’re only fourteen-”

“I’m actually eighteen...” Jun cut off, looking nonchalantly to the side.

Yuko’s and Harun’s eyes bugged out as they stopped walking. Jun also stopped and looked back at them, cocking an eyebrow upward in confusion. “What?”

“You’re eighteen?!” Yuko shouted. Haruna quickly clamped her hand over the small girl’s mouth before she could draw any more attention to themselves from nearby shoppers.

“Yup. What’s the big deal about that?” Jun asked. He scratched the top of his head and tilted his head to the side.

Yuko looked up at Haruna with sorrowful eyes. “You lost four years off of your life, kiddo...” she quietly explained, turning back to face the boy.

To their surprise, he nonchalantly shrugged. “I’m alive. I’ll take what I can at this point,” he solemnly stated. “No need to be too greedy.”

He went ahead to go search for clothes before they could say anymore. As they watched him leave, back turned, Haruna sighed and reached down to grip Yuko’s hand. Startled, the smaller girl looked up expectantly at her girlfriend.

“It’s not being greedy if all you’ve done so far is give...”

---

Rena knew she hated drinking for a reason. Groaning as her head pounded with her pulse, she laid there wishing she could have a nice, cool glass of water and some painkillers. A lot of painkillers. She felt like someone was beating her head with a hammer.

“Here,” someone said, thrusting a glass of water and two small painkillers in front of Rena’s swimming vision. She blinked, disoriented at the sudden appearance of the hand and looked up at the person.

“Taka... mina?” she asked, wincing as her head pounded heavily again. The captain nodded and gently handed the pills to Rena. Gratefully taking them, she threw them in her mouth, drank from the glass, and heaved a relieved sigh as the cool water slid down her throat.

The room spun slowly around her vision as she plopped back down on her bed and rubbed at her aching eyes. Could someone put her out of her own misery?

That thought sobered her up. Jurina was dead because she saved Rena’s life, and now she was wishing to waste the girl’s sacrifice. A deep feeling of self-disgust welled up inside her.

“Rena... are you okay?” a voice from the other end of the room asked. Squinting through the bright morning sun, Rena realized Atsuko had accompanied Takamina to her home.

“Yeah... I’m alright, just a bit hung over. I don’t think I drank myself into a coma though,” she croaked, reaching for more water. Taking a gulp, she continued, “What are you two doing here, though?”

“We came to check on you, Rena-san. We’re all worried for you,” Takamina explained, placing a hand on Rena’s arm. “Ju-... her... her death was hard on all of us. We’re hurting too...”

Rena winced. “You can say her name, you know. Hearing Jurina’s name isn’t going to kill me.”

Takamina let out a noncommittal grunt and looked over at her girlfriend. Atsuko, responding to the look, came over and sat down on the bed with Rena, hugging her from the side. “Just know that we’re here for you alright? Jurina wouldn’t want you to hurt yourself by drinking or anything else.”

“I’m surprised you even made it home, Rena,” Takamina remarked, sitting down on Rena’s other side.

Suddenly, a barrage of blurry and unfocused images hit her mind. “No,” Rena said slowly, “I didn’t make it home by myself...”

The ace and the captain let out an identical “Ehhh?” as they looked at Rena in confusion.

“Someone... carried me home. I wasn’t completely out of it, so I can remember... but it’s all unfocused,” she explained to them.

“Was it anyone from AKB48?” Takamina asked. Rena shook her head, wincing as the motion made her headache throb worse.

“No, it was a guy around my age... I think,” she pondered, biting her lower lip as she struggled to recall the finer details.

“A guy?! Did he do anything to you?” Takamina yelled, panicked. Atsuko quickly bonked the captain on the head as Rena winced at the loud shout.

“Stupid. Rena has a hangover. Don’t yell, okay?” Acchan told her. The captain, ever the obedient girlfriend, nodded as she clutched her head.

“He didn’t do anything. I know he would never do anything like that. I felt strangely safe in his arms,” Rena explained. A wave of pain crashed over her head as she tried recalling more memories and she let loose a cry of agony. Startled, Atsuko and Takamina both jumped off the bed and watched as Rena clutched her skull, trying to make the pain go away.

“Here, lie down again. Why don’t you get some more rest?” Atsuko asked, gently lowering Rena back down onto her bed and tucking her in. Rena offered no resistance. “We’ll be downstairs when you wake up again.”

“And we’re not leaving until we know you’re okay,” Takamina stated. With that, the two of them walked out of the room quietly and clicked the door shut behind them.

As Rena drifted off to sleep again, the throbbing in her head subsiding a bit, she thought to herself that she was really lucky to have friends like them.

---

When Rena woke up again, she felt refreshed and alive, no pain assaulting her head or body.

Becoming more aware, she retraced her memories from last night in her mind. Now, after a good rest and with a clear mind, she could remember. Stretching on the bed, she thought back to when she entered the bar and began drinking. Sometime during the evening she had become hysterical, and before long, a young man had come over to her and called her name. He was very familiar, but Rena couldn’t think of any males that she knew who was quite like him. Then he carried her on his back to the train station where she had fallen sleep on his shoulder during the ride. Not once had he made a noise since they left the bar.

He should have at least complained so Rena would feel less guilty. Strangely, she did not feel fear nor uneasiness at the fact that this man had her life and security in his hands, knew where she lived, and even knew where her extra key was. There was only one logical conclusion: She definitely knew this man and trusted him deeply.

She reached up and touched her cheek. Also... one detail that kept coming to mind... someone... that very same man who brought her home... he had kissed her cheek.

She was sure that it wasn’t her imagination.

“Regardless, that was dangerous. I am never drinking again,” she muttered to herself, propping herself up and slipping out of her bed. She checked her clock and saw that it was around ten. Time to start the day.

After a quick shower, putting her clothes on, and brushing her teeth, she walked downstairs and into the living room. Takamina and Acchan were snuggling on the couch, watching a horror movie where both of them were giggling at the bad visual effects and the cheap pop-up scares.

“Enjoying yourselves?” Rena asked, smiling knowingly at the two. They jumped off the couch when Rena’s voice came from behind them. Startled, they turned around to see Rena grinning at them in her infamous “Gekikara” style.

“Geez! You scared us worse than that movie did,” Takamina groaned. “And wipe that smile off your face! It’s creepy.”

She giggled her infamous giggle, causing Takamina to cover her ears and scowl.

Ignoring the captain’s whining, Acchan merely mirrored Rena’s smile and asked, “Are you feeling better now, Rena-chan?”

Rena nodded. “I think I’m going to go out now and get away from staying in my room all day. I can’t afford to lose myself again like I did last night.”

Acchan patted Rena on the back and smirked, “Okay! Then why don’t Takamina and I take you out shopping for the moment? Both of us need appropriate clothing for the wake tomorrow.”

Rena blinked, surprised at the offer, before she nodded. “Okay,” she agreed. With that, the three left Rena’s home for a meeting with fate.

Even as she smiled and laughed with the captain and the ace though, she couldn’t help but remember that once Jurina’s funeral came, it would be very hard to laugh again. The sense of finality that came when the body was cremated ... She tried not think about the wake that was going to happen in another day, then the cremation, then the burial at the grave-site, to the memorial services that would remind her constantly that Jurina was never coming back.

Never, never, never...

As she looked for her shoes at her doorway, her eyes caught a piece of paper lying near her shoe rack. Picking it up, she gasped and almost dropped the sheet, hands trembling heavily. Takamina and Acchan turned to look at Rena in concern and confusion as they stood outside the open door.

“N- no way... w- what...?”

*Traditional Japanese funerals/burials for those who do not know of them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_funeral

Quick summary (in my own words and arisa03’s): There is a ceremony called a wake where a photo of the deceased and some incense is in the family’s house and people would visit, light some incense, and pray for the soul of the deceased (pay respects, basically). This happens for 2-3 days, then comes the cremation and finally the remains are placed in graves (like some we see in Anime). Then memorial services (which I am still not fully clear on, OTL).

Apologies in advance for any butchering of the process that may occur in my writing. Please inform me of my mistakes so I can correct them. Thank you~
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 02:44:30 AM by Vanui »
ねぇ、怒ってる?

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Melon Kinenbi - Crazy Happy!