JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - My Sugar Cat

Author Topic: REBORN 2016 Reboot - Chapter 5 (042517)  (Read 74319 times)

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Aspiring actress and writing for fun!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
Re: REBORN 2016 Reboot - Chapter 3 (010317)
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2017, 02:42:13 AM »
okay this is not incest... right...coz she is a robot...right?
well...its jurisaku...so ....i...probably okay even with incest theme too (wait wth I'm saying?? you despicable human being)  :banghead: :banghead:

Don't worry my friend, everything will be explained in time.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:
:heart: l Collab threads: Sky&Ruka l Ruka&Michael l :heart:
 l Compilation thread: 48G New Gen l :heart:

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
Re: REBORN 2016 Reboot - Chapter 3 (010317)
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2017, 04:05:01 AM »
New semester has started for me, so since I'll be busy with classes, posts may come later than normal. I hope you readers will understand. :bow:

--------------------------------------

Chapter 4 - Threat

------------------------------------

“Kitagawa, the chief’s called you to his office.”

“On my way.” The young officer spoke as she made her way down the hall to where the chief police officer was waiting. “You wanted me, sir?”

“Yes. I’ve researched the data contained in the flash drive we found last night, and… you need to see this.”

Ryouha walked over to the computer screen and saw images of people who had been injured or killed by the rogue ANGELs, as well as what looked like parts of a computer or some kind of machine.

But the last one was a message written out with newspaper clippings to spell out “If you don’t quit interfering, you’ll be next.”

“Why is the hacker doing this?” Ryouha asked.

“Who knows. However, it appears they know we’re on their tracks, so I’m going to ask you to go undercover. You’ll be going to a local school near where some of the recent incidents have occurred.”

The chief handed her a bag containing a new school uniform and a new student ID for Ryouha.

“Send me any information you gather while you’re undercover.”

“Yes, sir.”

She went back to her office before turning on a certain application on her computer.

“Nagi, power on.”

On the screen, the image of a young girl appeared.

“Sup, Ryou-chan!”

“Just got a new mission. I’m going undercover as a high school student,” Ryouha pulled out a Holo-watch, showing it to the digital girl. “You get to tag along.”

“Awesome!”

Nagi, short for Nagisa, was an AI created by Ryouha’s father. Since he didn’t have the money to buy the newest ANGEL model, instead, he and his college buddies created an AI that could help Ryouha when she’s on a case.

Once the watch got turned on, Nagi was immediately zapped into the small screen, her image appearing as a hologram.

“It’s been awhile since you’ve been a student, right, Ryou-chan?”

“Yup. I’m actually kind of excited. Going back to a school life, even if it’s just a little while, sounds pretty fun.”

“Maybe you’ll make a new friend~”

“Maybe,” Ryouha smiled as she looked at the uniform.

She smiled as she remembered her school days, before she became a police officer. There were many fond and bittersweet memories from that time.

“Yosh,” she folded the uniform back into the bag before looking back at the AI on her wristwatch. “Monday is when we start. Can you gather some information on the school I’ll be going to?”

“Of course!”

------------------------

Sakura woke up that morning and heard the familiar singing voice of her android. She walked out of her room and saw Jurina seemed pretty excited about something.

“Jurina, you seem excited. Something happen?”

“Sakura, did you forget?” Jurina asked with a smile. “Today is the slumber party!”

Sakura’s eyes widened as she suddenly remembered the date. With all that was going on, she completely forgot she had scheduled a slumber party with her friends.

“Ahh, that’s right… It completely slipped my mind.”

“I already sent everyone an invitation notifying them. The party begins at 7PM!”

She continued humming as Sakura couldn’t help but smile. The cheerful mannerisms really reminded her of her sister.

“I AM your sister.”

“Onee-chan…”

“Hm?” Jurina looked over and saw Sakura had a sad smile.

“Thanks,” she then said, giving a much more cheerful smile. “Alright! Let’s get ready for the party!”

Jurina smiled back. “Hai!”

-----------------------

Rion was currently in rehab, trying to get herself used to not having to use her legs. Nao was assisting her with her rehab exercises. The girl struggled to do her stretches, grunting as she tried to sit up.

“Nao, can you hand me my water bottle?”

“Sure.” Nao kindly handed her the water bottle.

Rion opened it and gulped down the water, exhaling bitterly.

“Rion, I know you’re frustrated, but it’ll be okay. You’ll get used to it.”

Rion didn’t say anything, looking down at her legs.

“Hey, I know, next we’ll do some exercises on the wheelchair. You’re going to need to know how to move around on your own.”

“I know that,” she said coldly.

“I was only trying to--”

“Let’s just continue.”

Nao didn’t talk back, simply nodding at Rion’s statement.

After several more stretch exercises, they finally decided to move onto wheelchair exercises. While Rion acted stubborn to the android, Nao kept being as polite and patient as she could be. She was sure Rion was suffering and just needed time to open up.

Rion, on the other hand, couldn’t bare the pain of losing her father. All she thought about was the accident; the plain fact that her father had died because of her insolence. And this ANGEL was just only adding to her pain.

“Rion, look out!”

Rion didn’t realize what she was doing and almost fell backwards, but luckily Nao was able to catch her.

She looked up at the ANGEL in surprise. “Those were fast reflexes… I wonder if Dad programmed those in too…”

“Are you alright, Rion?” Nao asked.

“Y-Yeah… Thanks.”

Nao helped sit Rion’s wheelchair up again and looked her in the eyes.

“Are you sure? You seemed out of it just now.” Nao’s eyes then glowed blue as she examined the girl. “No injuries. Maybe you were just dizzy.”

“Eh? What were you just..?”

“Oh. I have a personal care program installed into me. My prime directive is to make sure you are happy and healthy.”

“Oh… I see,” Rion said as she started turning around. “Let’s head to the cafeteria. I’m hungry.”

“Okay,” Nao smiled as she started pushing Rion down the hall.

“So Dad programmed her to be like a nurse… I wonder what else she can be programmed with…”

They arrived at the cafeteria and got the food set out. Rion wasn’t very fond of the hospital food, as it didn’t really taste well. It was usually bland and just didn’t look appetizing to her, so she never really ate much.

After Nao got the tray of food, they went down to a table and sat down to eat together. Rion watched as the robot was eating an apple with a smile.

“So you can eat that? It doesn’t mess up your system or anything?” she asked curiously.

“Nope. I was programmed to eat, so I can create biofuel out of anything I eat. Plus, I also have taste sensors, so I know what food tastes like.”

“My word… Dad has gone far and beyond to make sure these ANGELs are advanced,” Rion thought. “Huh… what else can you do?”

Nao chuckled. “You curious?”

“A little.”

“Well, not only do I have a vast access to the Internet and can connect with your personal devices, I also have stored in my system a ready supply of Blu elixir medicine.”

Rion’s eyes widened. “Blu?”

“Yup.” A compartment in Nao’s wrist opened and she pulled out a small blue pill. “Whenever you need them, I got ‘em right here.”

“That’s incredible..! How did you get those? Aren’t they super expensive?”

“Your father had a ready supply when he was creating me. He seemed to have wanted to make sure that you had the medicine in case you had fallen ill.”

Rion had heard of the amazing properties of the Blu medicine. It was a miracle medicine; the elixir would enter the person’s system and adapt to rid the body of any disease plaguing them. It was the very medicine that saved people during the aftermath of the Cold Age.

“That’s just amazing…”

Nao smiled. “Looks like I finally caught your interest.”

“Well, I wanted to be a nurse. But it looks like that’s not going to happen now…”

Nao simply nodded, until an idea struck her.

“You still could go into medical work.”

“You think so?”

“Of course. The only thing injured on your body is your paralyzed waist. But that shouldn’t stop you from becoming a nurse. Your hands and your brain still work the same as they do. And you’re still young!”

Rion looked down at her hands, smiling. “You’re right… and maybe… just maybe, I could finish what Dad started.”

“And what was that?”

“He wanted to help the world by creating ANGELs so advanced, they could do things that humans couldn’t. That’s why he went into development for creating the Type 3 models. And that meant creating you first to see if the AI would work.”

Rion looked at Nao with a new glimmer in her eyes.

“Nao, when I leave this place, I wanna go to medical school. And, I want you to be with me so I can achieve my Dad’s old dream.”

The ANGEL smiled, taking Rion’s hands. “Understood. Then alongside being your caretaker, I’ll also be your partner.”

Nao bowed to Rion, as she did the same.

“And… I’m sorry. For being so harsh to you before.”

Nao looked up, seeing an apologetic look on Rion’s face.

“I was so upset because of the accident… of Dad’s death, that I took it out on you. I really shouldn’t have acted that way.”

“It’s alright. I know you were in a lot of pain,” Nao spoke, “If you need to, just take out your emotions on me. I’ll understand.”

“Nao…” Rion still felt guilty for her actions on the android earlier, “I don’t want to make you feel uncomfortable.”

The android then gave her a kind smile.

“Alright then.” She then patted the girl’s head. “You really are a nice girl.”

Rion blushed a bit with the ANGEL’s words and continued eating her food, hearing the ring of Nao’s laughter.

----------------------------

Later that night…

“EEEEEEEEEEH?!?!?!”

“W-what’s with the 180 personality flip on Jurina-san?!” Haruppi asked as she and the others were shocked at the once stoic ANGEL now acting like a cheerful, puppy-like girl.

Sakura leaned forward, whispering to her group of friends.

“Turns out, she really did have a personality installed into her. It seemed to have been part of some of the lost data she regained.”

“So… this is what Jurina really acts like?” Mako looked as Jurina was fixing food for the girls with a bright smile. Her lips curved in a grin, “I think this is better.”

“O-oi, what’s that supposed to mean, Kojimako-chan?!”

“I just like that Jurina is smiling. It’s a lot better than that inexpressive face she had before.”

“Hey, Mako-chan, where’s Nana?” Jurina then said.

“Oh, she went to get some snacks, like pocky. She’ll be here in a bit.”

“OK~ You all just relax and wait. Dinner will be ready in just a moment!”

“Hai~~” Mako and Yuria immediately flopped down onto the couch. Yuria was checking her online media updates while Mako grabbed the remote and flipped through the TV channels.

“Sakura-chan, check out this cute magazine I found,” Naanya said as she pulled the girl forward to sit with the others.

“These girls are so hectic,” Anna said, Jurina chuckling.

As all this was going on, Nana was making her way back to Sakura’s apartment with the bag of snacks for the girls.

“I wonder if Jurina’s finished the food already…”

While she was walking, she saw someone concentrated on their phone. They crossed paths and, since they weren’t looking, the ANGEL collided with the person. They started to fall, but Nana caught them just in time.

“S-sorry. I wasn’t looking,” they said as they held on Nana for support to stand back up.

“You oka--” Nana tried to stay, until she felt something invade her system.

In her neck, the person plugged in a flash drive. Nana’s body started to spasm as her eyes turned red. She dropped the bag and stood stiff, staring blankly ahead.

The person smirked under the hood they wore.

“Have fun,” they said before removing the flash drive and leaving.

Back at Sakura’s apt.

“Dinner’s ready!” Jurina announced.

The girls ran to the kitchen and saw plates of yummy food set out for them, filling up the room with a delicious aroma.

“Holy cow!”

“Sakura, you said Jurina was a good cook, but I didn’t think she was THIS good!” Yuria exclaimed. Anna flicked her head.

“Yuria, that’s rude.”

“Come on, sit down,” Sakura said. “Let’s eat!”

“Itadakimasu~!”

As everyone started digging in, Jurina watched over them with a smile as they all enjoyed their meals. However, as she was watching, she soon felt a strange sensation.

“W-what’s going on..?” She held her forehead.

Threat detected

Her eyes suddenly glowed blue before turning pitch black, her expression turning stoic and blank. Yuria happened to notice and looked over.

“Jurina-san, everything okay?”

Sakura saw Jurina was staring at the door and seemed very alert.

“Jurina?”

At that moment, the door opened and Nana walked in. Mako sighed.

“Oh, what. It’s just Nana,” she smiled and got up. “Hey, did you get the snacks?”

Before she could approach her, Jurina held out her arm, blocking her way. The two ANGELs kept staring at each other silently.

“Oi, what are you doing, Jurina-san?” Yuria asked.

“All of you… Get out of here.”

“Eh?”

“This isn’t your friend Nana. She’s being controlled by the virus.”

“What?! Nana’s been hacked?!”

Before they could do or say anything else, Nana ran to Jurina and tried to strangle her. Jurina pushed the hacked ANGEL back, pushing her against the wall.

“Go! Now!” she said to the girls.

They quickly backed away and ran to Sakura’s room, locking the door.

“What the heck?! How did Nana get hacked?!” Mako said as she paced around the room.

“Kojimako, calm down,” Haruppi said.

“Yeah. I’m sure Jurina will find some way to--”

“To what?! What’s going to happen to Nana?”

“Mako, let’s calm down a minute,” Sakura said, trying to calm her. “Just take a deep breath.”

Mako nodded, inhaling deeply as she sat down on Sakura’s bed. She exhaled, closing her eyes.

“Okay… I think I’m good now. But, I’m still worried.”

“I know. We all are.”

It was then that Sakura remembered she left her phone back in the living room.

“I better go get my phone,” she said.

“Eh? Why?”

“I know someone who can help.”

She slowly stepped out of the room and hurried to get her phone. As she did, she saw Jurina still in a struggle to hold Nana back.

As Nana thrashed violently, trying to break free, Sakura saw Jurina’s eyes glow blue as they stared into Nana’s red eyes. She was surprised to see Nana’s wild expression slowly go blank. The two continued to stare until Nana’s eyes turned blue.

“Anti-virus system installation complete,” Jurina said, her eyes returning to normal.

Nana blinked furiously as her eyes reverted to their normal brown color.

“Eh..? Jurina? What’s going on?”

“The hacker got to you. But you’ll be fine now.”

“I was.. Hacked?!”

Jurina nodded, Nana growing a shocked expression.

“No way…”

The other ANGEL gave a reassuring smile. “Don’t worry. You didn’t harm anyone. I made sure of it.”

“Thank you,” Nana exhaled in relief.

The others stepped out of the room and saw what was going on. Jurina looked over and walked towards them.

“Everything okay now, Jurina-san?”

Jurina didn’t say anything and walked towards Anna.

“What?” she asked as their eyes locked.

Similar to before, Jurina’s eyes glowed blue and Anna stared back for a while before her eyes reflected the blue glow.

“Installation complete.” Anna’s eyes returned to normal as Jurina let her go and smiled. “Now you’ll be safe, as well.”

“Huh?”

“I transferred the anti-virus system into Anna and Nana’s mainframe. Now the virus won’t affect either of you.”

“Woah, you can do that?” Yuria asked amazed. “You really are kind of a superhero.”

“Mou, enough with that already, Yuria-chan~”

“Jurina…” Sakura faced her ANGEL as she gave her a serious look.

“You don’t need to be afraid. I will keep danger away from you.”

“Eh..?”

“My prime directive is to protect you… Sakura.”

After saying that, Jurina suddenly collapsed in Sakura’s arms, her eyes closing.

“Jurina?!”

A few seconds later, Jurina stirred awake and looked around confused.

“Did something happen?” she asked.

“You don’t remember?!”

Jurina just shook her head innocently.

“She’s back to her cheerful self…”

“Jurina, you were acting like your robot self again.”

“Yuria, she is a robot.”

“I mean, her more stoic self.”

Jurina just tilted her head, more confused.

“Jurina…” Sakura then spoke. “You said your prime directive was to protect me… Was that what my uncle built you for?”

“My prime directive?” Jurina asked before laughing. “Silly. My ‘prime directive’ is to be your sister!”

The ANGEL hugged the confused girl. Sakura looked at her friends, who all just shrugged as they were just as confused as her. Sakura remembered a certain paragraph that was written in her guidebook. It's said that every ANGEL is made to do a specific purpose; their prime directive. Prime meant it was their one and only directive. So hearing such a thing from her own ANGEL was boggling her mind.

“It can’t be… Jurina has two prime directives?”

--------------------------------

To Be Continued

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:

Offline akbdaisuki48

• Member+
Re: REBORN 2016 Reboot - Chapter 4 (010917)
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2017, 03:04:47 PM »
hoo...2 prime directive? this made me making some conspiracy theory of what  going on

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
Re: REBORN 2016 Reboot - Chapter 4 (010917)
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2017, 02:46:23 AM »
Hey. It's been a while. XD

---------------------------------------

Chapter 5 - Lost data

------------------------------------

After a long and hectic night, the girls decided to retire to bed. Sakura stared at the ceiling as she couldn’t forget the ordeal that just happened. On top of Nana temporarily going rogue, more mystery began to accumulate around the ANGEL Jurina.

“My prime directive is to protect you.”

“Silly. My ‘prime directive’ is to be your sister!”

She sighed, turning to the side in her bed. The sudden personality switching Jurina had been experiencing was making Sakura question which one was the real Jurina.

“Jurina… just who are you really?”

Meanwhile, Jurina was finishing up cleaning the apartment while Nana and Anna just relaxed. Nana, however, couldn’t let go of the thought of her being hacked and turned into a rogue.

“Nana, it’s okay,” Anna said. “Jurina said she made sure you didn’t hurt anyone.”

“Yeah, but… How can she be so sure?” Nana looked over at Jurina, who stretched her arms with a smile. “Jurina… she’s said some strange things to me before.”

“Like what?”

“She said… she was alive.”

Anna’s eyebrows furrowed. “Alive?”

“Yes. And she said I was too. I wasn’t exactly sure what she meant by that.”

“Does she think she’s human?”

Nana shook her head. “I don’t think that’s the case. She’s aware that she’s an ANGEL. But, maybe she thinks of herself differently. As more than just a machine.”

“Do you think it’s because she was programmed with human memories?”

“Perhaps.”

“Nana~ Annin~” Jurina walked over to the two. “I’m done cleaning, so what do you guys wanna do now?”

“Um… I don’t think there’s much else to do.”

“Hmm, I guess you’re right. Well then, I’ll just go to sleep then,” Jurina grabbed a blanket from the couch. “Where are you two going to sleep?”

“We’ll just sleep on the couch.”

“Alrighty then,” Jurina wrapped the blanket around herself. “Good night.”

She sat up against the wall, closing her eyes. Nana and Anna grabbed their own blankets and laid against the couch.

As they closed their eyes, they started to shut their systems off, until Nana heard something.

“Sakura…”

She opened one of her eyes and saw Jurina was talking in her sleep.

“Sakura… protect.. Sakura… I promise… uncle Shinjiro…”

“Eh? Shinjiro? Sakura’s uncle?”

Jurina adjusted her position, a soft sigh escaping her lips. Brushing off the sleep-talking she had just heard from her, Nana closed her eyes again as she switched into Sleep mode.

-------------------------

The next day...

After breakfast, the girls hurried to the train station to get to school. Once they got to their classroom, they heard excited and curious voices from the students.

“A transfer student? Is that so?”

“Yeah. I heard she used to go to a school in Sakae.”

“I wonder why she transferred here. I heard that some of the schools in Sakae were some of the best in the country.”

“A transfer student, huh?” Naanya said. “That’s interesting.”

“Yeah, I wonder what’s up with that. We rarely get transfer students during the middle of the year,” Mako said.

Soon the teacher came in, with a young girl following behind her.

“Alright, class, starting today, we have a new student.”

“Kitagawa Ryouha desu,” the girl greeted, bowing.

“Kitagawa-san has moved to Tokyo due to her father’s work. She’s still adjusting to her new surroundings, so please make her feel welcome.”

“Hai~”

The teacher looked around for an empty seat and saw one next to Mako and guided Ryouha to sit there. She took her seat down, she smiled at Mako, who smiled back.

“Nice to meet you, Kitagawa-san.”

“Nice to meet you, too.”

Class then began with homeroom, which was English class. It was Yuria’s least favorite class, since she wasn’t good at English. Ryouha, on the other hand, only concentrated on the tasks she was given and completed the with some ease.

“Kizaki-san, could you read the sentences from page 38?”

“Ah, crap…” she whispered as she stood up. “Um… Pu-pureezu… h-hando mi zaa…”

A few students snickered as Yuria tried to pronounce the words. Yuria kept trying until the teacher cleared her throat, signaling her to stop.

“That will be fine for now, Kizaki-san.”

“Hai…” Yuria sulked as she sat back down.

“Alright, Kitagawa-san. Why don’t you try?”

“Yes, ma’am,” Ryouha stood up, looking at the sentences. “Please hand me the pencil.

“Oooh~” A bunch of her classmates exclaimed, impressed by her pronunciation.

Do you have a spare one?

“Ooooh~”

“S-she’s good,” Yuria said, surprised. “She’s really good.”

Would you like to copy my notes?

The teacher smiled. “Very good. Well done, Kitagawa-san.”

“Thank you,” Ryouha bowed respectfully and sat back down.

“Maybe I should get her to tutor me…” Yuria thought, placing a hand on her chin.

The next class was math. The teacher put out a few equations for the students to try and solve. Haruka was called up to the board to try and solve one of them.

Haruka placed the tip of the pen on the whiteboard, trying to figure out the equation. She leaned her head against the board, a frustrated sigh leaving her.

“Kitagawa-san, why don’t you come up and help Kodama-san solve this problem?”

“Yes, sir.”

Ryouha walked up to the board, taking another pen and started writing out a method that will help her solve the equation. She wrote down the answer at what seemed like lightning speed to Haruppi.

“Woah, woah, how can she do something this complicated?!”

Even the teacher stared amazed as she completed the equation with ease. She then set down the pen and went back to her seat, Haruppi left standing shocked.

“She must be some sort of genius!”

After math and history class passed, it was time for P.E., so everyone got changed into their P.E. uniforms and headed to the gym.

“Race ya guys!” Yuria said with a giggle.

“Hold up, Yuria!”

As they were running off, Ryouha looked at her Holo-watch and turned on Nagi.

“How’s everything going so far?” Nagi asked cheerfully.

“Good, so far. Nobody suspects anything about me. Once classes are over, I’ll be heading out to investigate the scene and see if I can get any information on the case.”

“Alrighty.”

“Kitagawa-san, hurry up!” Sakura said as she and Mako made their way down the hall.

“Coming!”

------------------------------

While waiting for Mako, Nana decided to do some research on Sakura’s uncle, Shinjiro. She accessed the Internet and typed in Shinjiro’s name.

She found some links of some news articles related to Shinjiro and an ANGEL project. The project was under the codename “Guardian ANGELs” and had several other people listed. Scientists, mechanics, programmers, all sorts of people.

“So Sakura’s uncle was involved with this… Could Jurina have some sort of connection?”

She decided to search up Jurina’s name, but found no links relating her with the project. She tried typing in Jurina’s model number, but again, no results came up.

“Was she a secret project?” she thought.

As she looked at the screen, she thought back to what had happened last night.

“My prime directive is to be your sister!”

“Sister..?” With those words in mind, she cleared the search box and typed in “Miyawaki Jurina”.

The first thing she saw was a news template from several years ago. The article talked about a car accident involving a young Sakura and a girl identical to Jurina. Nana remembered Sakura talking about this accident, and that her sister had died while she had survived.

Nana sighed, leaning back in her chair. “This is too weird…”

It was then that she got a video call from Jurina. She answered it and was greeted by the familiar smile of the ANGEL.

“Hey~ Whatcha doing, Nana?”

“Oh, nothing. Just surfing the web.” Nana minimized the window of the article and looked at Jurina. “Hey, Jurina, can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“I was wondering… Do you know anything about a project called ‘Guardian ANGELs’?”

Jurina developed a confused expression, tilting her head. “Huh?”

“I was researching it and found out Sakura’s uncle was involved with it. I was thinking maybe you knew…” Nana saw Jurina’s eyes turn blue, flickering as if she were glitching. “Jurina? Can you hear me?”

Jurina’s eyes returned to normal, staring at Nana as if she just woke from a daze.

“Uh, sorry. What did you say?”

“I was wondering if knew anything about a project called ‘Guardian ANGELs’.”

“Mm, nope. Can’t say I have.”

“Alright. Well, I guess I’ll talk to you later. I’m gonna continue my research.”

“OK~ Talk to you later,” Jurina said as she cut off the call.

Nana crossed her arms. “That was odd. She froze up when I first mentioned the Guardian ANGEL project… Maybe that was part of her missing data.”

She decided to search up what happens when an ANGEL’s memory chip is reset or has data erased from it. She found a link to a web post written by a programmer for ANGEL’s memory chips. She scrolled down and saw what he wrote about lost or erased data.

“When an ANGEL’s data is accidentally removed from their database, usually, there would be a backup installed into the memory chip that would have to be recovered by either the programmer or the ANGEL itself.”

“Backup data… So she’s trying to recover it?” She saved the site link into her mainframe. “I’ll tell Sakura about it.”

-----------------------------

“Agh, gym tired me out…” Haruppi groaned as she sat down in the changing room with the others.

“Yuria, how can you be so athletic? Don’t you ever get tired?” Mako asked.

“Nope. It just makes me even more energized!”

“Man, I’m jealous…” Sakura groaned. “Again, my running…”

“Mou, don’t get so down about it, Sakura-tan,” Yuria said. “If you ask me, I think it’s cool you run like Evangelion.”

“How?!”

“Alright, Yuria,” Mako pulled her back. “That’s enough of that.”

“Hey, I know. What if you install one of those personal trainer programs into Jurina?”

“Eh?”

“If you get that application, you could do all sorts of exercises and improve in P.E.”

“Cool! That kind of application exists?!” Mako exclaimed. “Maybe I can install it into Nana so me and Naanya can do the same.”

“Sakura-tan, I’ll email you the application so you can look at it.”

“Thanks.”

Meanwhile, Ryouha happened to overhear their conversation as she was changing back into her school uniform.

“So, those girls have ANGELs…”

“Cool! I wonder how they got their own ANGELs~” Nagi giggled. “Ryou-chan, maybe you should ask them about it yourself!”

“Maybe. Perhaps since the incidents have occurred around this area, they’ll know something.”

“Plus I bet their ANGELs are really nice!”

“Ryouha-san, were you talking to someone?” Naanya asked as she looked over to Ryouha. The girl quickly hid her watch from where Nagi was speaking.

“Oh, no! Just talking to myself.”

“Hm? But I thought I heard someone else…”

“Naanya, let’s go,” Mako called out.

“Oh! Okay~”

As the other group started to leave, Ryouha followed behind them, trying to hear the rest of their conversation.

“Seriously, why didn’t your uncle install any cool apps into Jurina?”

“He probably just didn’t have the time. Plus, he’s more into the older programs; he never really used the more advanced devices.”

“Sheesh, your uncle needs to get with the trends,” Yuria chuckled.

“Hey, it’s not that big a deal.”

“Yeah. Plus, there are people who can’t afford the newer models. Sakura’s uncle is smart, but he probably can’t use the more advanced devices because he doesn’t have the money for them.”

“No… I doubt that’s it,” Sakura then said. “Because, Jurina has 5,000,000 yen stored into her mainframe.”

“5,000,000?!” They all exclaimed, starling Ryouha.

Yuria happened to notice the girl there and smirked evilly.

“What? You eavesdropping?”

Ryouha jumped slightly. “N-no.”

She stepped closer, chuckling. “Hehe, come on, just say if you’re curious!”

“Oh, uh… well, I guess I am curious. This Jurina… is she an ANGEL?”

“Yep! Sakura’s ANGEL, actually! You should see her; she’s super cool~”

“Really?” Ryouha approached Sakura. “What’s she like?”

“Hmmm… she’s kinda like a sister to me.”

“Is that so?”

“Yeah… You could say we’re close.”

“I didn’t think someone could be that close with an ANGEL. I’ve never had one, so I wouldn’t really know, though.”

“Oh, I see.”

They walked back to the classroom, with Ryouha secretly starting to type notes on her watch. Without her noticing, Yuria noticed her movements and smirked as she snuck behind her and caught a peek of the Holo-watch.

“Sup, Kizaki-chan!” Nagi suddenly said, making Ryouha jump.

“Woah, your Holo-watch can talk?!”

“Oh, that’s, uh…” Ryouha tried to explain, but then Nagi’s hologram appeared out of the phone.

“The name’s Nagi! Nice to meet cha~”

“Woah, an A.I. program!”

Everyone gathered excitedly to see Nagi. The A.I. posed like a model, smiling and waving at all the girls whilst Ryouha blushed.

“Oi! Can you all calm down?”

“Ah! Are you getting jealous, Kitagawa-san~?” Yuria asked, the others giggling.

“I-I am not!”

“Oh, Ryou-chan, you’re blushing!”

“Fuu~” Ryouha puffed her cheeks as everyone poked them playfully.

“MOU!!!”

------------------------------

“Ya wanna go?! Oi! Bring it!” A loud delinquent spoke as she was taunting some other yankee girls, looking for a fight.

“The hell you want, kusogaki?”

The girl threw a punch, hitting the other’s cheek. The rest of the delinquents started to gang up on her.

“Yosh. Let’s do this,” the girl said as she cracked her neck.

Her opponent moved forward to hit her with a bat, but before she could, someone step in front of her and blocked it.

“Hey, what the f--?!” she couldn’t say the rest of her sentence as the bat was ripped away from her. The mystery girl tapped the bat on the ground several times, glaring at them.

“All of you… should behave yourselves better.”

“Haa?”

“Fighting out here is stupid and pointless,” she said bluntly. “Make some use with your lives and don’t waste it baring your fists.”

“The hell was that, you..!” The girl dropped the bat, grabbing the delinquent’s wrist and dragging her away.

“Oi, Juri! What the hell?!”

“You really should stop getting into fights, Ryoka. I wouldn’t call it the best hobby.”

Ryoka clicked her tongue. “Why do you always butt in?”

“Because it’s my prime directive to keep you out of trouble.” Juri’s eyes twinkled blue for a moment.

“‘Prime directive, prime directive,’ so annoying… I know my mom gave you to me so I would stay out of trouble, but you aren’t a replacement for her!”

“And I’m not. I’m just here to make sure you stay out of trouble.”

The delinquent girl groaned, finding it needless to try and break her hand free from the ANGEL’s grip. As this was going on, the other yankee girl just clicked her tongue.

“Let’s go. This sucks…”

-------------------------

“Jurina, I’m home~” Sakura said as she returned to her home.

“Welcome back,” she heard the ANGEL say.

“Anything happen while I was gone?”

“Nope, not much. But I did chat with Nana, though, through Holo-chat.”

“Oh, that’s cool,” Sakura threw her bag on the couch. “What’s for dinner?”

“Hmmm… tempura!”

“Okay~”

As Sakura sat down on the couch while Jurina went about her business, she then received a text from Nana.

“Nana texted you~” Jurina said. “Want me to read it?”

“No thanks, Jurina,” she said, getting out her phone. “I’ll read it myself.”

“Oki doki!”

Sakura opened up the text from her phone, seeing a link that Nana sent her.

“This might explain Jurina’s lost memory data.”

“Eh..?”

Sakura opened the link and saw a site explaining how ANGELs who have had data lost due to glitches or damage. She saw how they would need to recover their data manually through their memory chip or have a programmer access it.

“Maybe Sayanee can…” she wondered, calling up the woman’s number.

“Hey, Sakura. What’s up?”

“Could you come here?”

“Eh? Why?”

“I was wondering… maybe you knew a way to repair a damaged memory so Jurina would be able to recover her lost data?”

“Sorry. I already did what I could, but I know of someone who might be willing to help. Her name’s Oba. She’s a skilled programmer; she even gives college seminars about computer programming.”

“Please contact her!”

“Gotcha. You take care, alright?”

“Yes, ma’am,” she said before hanging up, smiling wide. “Jurina!”

“Eh? What, Sakura?” Jurina asked, surprised a bit as Sakura came to her.

“We might be able to recover that lost data of yours! Sayanee said she knows a programmer who might be able to find a way to re-access it!”

“Re-access… lost data..?” Jurina’s voice suddenly trailed off.

She backed up, holding onto the side of the table.

“Jurina?” Sakura grew worried as Jurina’s eyes started to flicker a bright, electric blue. She began to speak in a robotic tone.

“Nova Special Project: Guardian ANGELs. Number 002-310-J, ANGEL 01. Owner, Miyawaki Shinjiro. Prime directive, care and protection. Special feature, self-learning and self-updating mechanism.”

“Jurina? Snap out of it,” Sakura said, trying to shake her awake as she kept talking nonchalantly.

“Nova… We are Nova,” she stated before collapsing to her knees. “Ugh… m-my head…”

“Jurina, are you okay?”

Jurina looked at her sister, rubbing her temple.

“Sorry.. I don’t know what came over me. I blacked out there for a moment…”

“Jurina… what’s Nova?”

However, the ANGEL just raised a brow. “Nova?”

Sakura frowned, seeing that Jurina has forgotten again.

“Nevermind…” she said with a heavy sigh.

“Hey, don’t look so down,” the android then said, pinching Sakura’s cheeks. “Smile!”

The girl couldn’t help but chuckle at the cute movement. Jurina then moved to the kitchen to begin preparing dinner. As she did, Sakura sent a text to Nana on her phone.

“Find whatever you can on Nova and project Guardian ANGELs. It might be a lead to Jurina’s origins.”

After a few seconds, she got a reply.

“Already on it.”

-------------------------------------------

To Be Continued

Offline akbdaisuki48

• Member+
Re: REBORN 2016 Reboot - Chapter 5 (042517)
« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2017, 12:32:39 AM »
UPDATES!!

JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - My Sugar Cat