JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: No Regret Life - Melody

Author Topic: Green Lantern (2011)  (Read 6150 times)

Offline L1mpk1d78

• ecchi
Green Lantern (2011)
« on: January 04, 2010, 01:15:06 AM »
Green Lantern is scheduled for a June 2011 release. They have Ryan Renalds as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern. Hope they have a good prodution team for this one.

*daigong edit*

The Green Lantern Movie Trailer

IMDB
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 08:45:43 AM by daigong »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline ambidextrouness

• Grunge's still alive and kicking in my heart
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • aaaiiiiieeeeeeeesssshhh!!!
Re: Green Lantern (2011)
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 04:13:36 PM »
it should have been sam worthington for green lantern but i guess they chosed reynolds for publicity's sake. boo!! no offense to reynolds but worthington looks more like hal jordan/green lantern to me.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 01:28:54 PM »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline [R-748]

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 09:25:55 PM »

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 09:26:52 AM »
Both Green Lantern and Deadpool? This guy. This guy!

Offline mirrormirror

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 02:54:04 PM »
The most recent trailer looks great!

Offline maruda

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 08:52:08 AM »
Rumors / possible spoilers:

Movie begins with Martin Jordan's (Hal's father) test flight and crash.

Abin Sur's death is caused by Parallax.

While the power ring is looking for a successor it hovers for a few seconds on Clark Kent and Guy Gardner.

Amanda Waller brings in Hector Hammond to perform an autopsy on Abin Sur.

Hector finds a piece of Parallax in Abin's body. This gives Hector his powers.

Parallax's essence in Hector takes over and kills him. Sinestro and an elite squad of Green Lantern Corps arrive in Coast City to help Jordan.

The battle with Parallax is brought to Oa.

To get more firepower, Jordan dons the power rings of the fallen Green Lanterns.

Parallax tries to take over Jordan but the latter defeats the entity with an energy blast powered by the Central Power Battery.

Jordan's temples are now gray implying that a piece of Parallax is now in him.

I venerate ample posteriors and, furthermore, I am unable to fabricate information.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 05:30:49 AM »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 05:14:20 AM »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 08:16:16 AM »
FUCKING GREENTASTIC! I never knew much about the Green Lantern Corps till now, always assumed he was just dude with a ring

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 09:07:51 AM »
Watched it yesterday. Bought popcorn. Which is good, cos it's totally a popcorn flick. :lol:

I liked it. Maybe not enough crime fighting giant-green-hammer'ing. But there was a lot of funny stuff. my favourite line was: He proposed to you?!!

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 05:39:55 PM »
This was not near as bad as reviews made it out to be (Thor and X-men still beat it as far as this year's superhero movies go, however. Marvel is always tops. DC needs to step up their game for real). It definitely is a popcorn flick, but I'm not sad I paid the ticket price or anything.

Freaking Sinestro stole the movie for me.  :heart:

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 09:58:11 PM »
since I was a kid, (long long ago kiddies)I've been a lantern fan. Love the whole corps aspect of the books.
Really enjoyed the movie.
Next up Captain America.
Life is one time.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 05:17:33 AM »
This was not near as bad as reviews made it out to be (Thor and X-men still beat it as far as this year's superhero movies go, however. Marvel is always tops. DC needs to step up their game for real). It definitely is a popcorn flick, but I'm not sad I paid the ticket price or anything.

Last I checked DC still has Batman. ;) Also Superman. Both of those are next year so they should be alright.

Offline mjolnir870

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 12:31:03 AM »

Last I checked DC still has Batman. ;) Also Superman. Both of those are next year so they should be alright.

It's different though. Marvel seems to do quality control on their comic movies as a group (iron man, hulk, thor, capt. america) while dc seems content to license their franchises out to whoever wants to make them. It's resulted in a great success (read: Nolan), but other than that it's largely flopped. It's an old problem too. The early Superman and Batman film franchises had the same problem towards the end: garbage movies that were created solely to make money, as opposed to telling a decent story.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 06:35:33 AM »
It's different though. Marvel seems to do quality control on their comic movies as a group (iron man, hulk, thor, capt. america) while dc seems content to license their franchises out to whoever wants to make them. It's resulted in a great success (read: Nolan), but other than that it's largely flopped. It's an old problem too. The early Superman and Batman film franchises had the same problem towards the end: garbage movies that were created solely to make money, as opposed to telling a decent story.

Really DC just hasn't done much besides Batman and Superman. The first two Superman, The Dark Knight stuff Mask of the Phantasm are all fantastic the Tim Burton Batman movies were great at the time too, and they still have the best comic book atmosphere. Other than that stuff from DCs vertigo brand (Watchmen, Constantine/Hellblazer, V for Vendetta, A History of Violence, The Fountain, Road to Perdition) are excellent stuff.

Marvel has done more movies with their actual stable of "superheros" but I think they have had the same problem with cash grabs and declining quality after a couple movies. IMO It happened with Blade and Spider Man. And DC and Marvel have both had some stinkers. For every Catwoman there is an Electra (although Halle Berry and Jennifer Garner :drool:).

I still need to see Green Lantern, don't really know much about the comics besides there are green lanterns for every sector of the universe or something. :lol:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:42:55 AM by zoolander »

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: No Regret Life - Melody