JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - Shan Shan Re Ren Ai (Glittering Arouses Love)

Author Topic: [News] SKE48 Promotions!  (Read 4139 times)

Offline gekikarabuACE

• Member+
[News] SKE48 Promotions!
« on: August 29, 2012, 01:23:37 PM »
We finally have the long-awaited promotions! Announced during today's special performance.  :twothumbs

Team S
: Kito Momona, Suga Nanako
    Team KII: Iguchi Shiori
    Team E: Uchiyama Mikoto, Saito Makiko, Furuhata Nao

CONGRATS!  :deco:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: [News] SKE48 Promotions!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 01:28:47 PM »
LOL, we waited for so long and now they announce it out of nowehere!  :lol:

First thought: NO KAOTAN! WHAT THE FUCK.  :panic: Are you kidding me?! A kenkyuusei since the third generation, she ranked in the latest election and still NOTHING?  :thumbdown:

Momona (and maybe Suga) aside, that list couldn't have been much worse.  :nervous  :oops:

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 01:30:22 PM »
First thought: NO KAOTAN! WHAT THE FUCK.  :panic: Are you kidding me?! A kenkyuusei since the third generation, she ranked in the latest election and still NOTHING?  :thumbdown:

IKR! I barely even follow SKE and this has me annoyed!

Offline gekikarabuACE

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 01:50:29 PM »

Rikachan's graduation will open up another spot in Team S. If she still doesn't get promoted after that, then I don't think she ever will.  :smhid

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 01:52:20 PM »
1. Just realized that this includes all the girls who were demoted from KII at the time: Kito Momona, Iguchi Shiori, Uchiyama Mikoto, Saito Makiko. I am not happy about this. With Kaotan and new fresh talented girls like Fujimoto Mitsuki, Niidoi Sayaka and maybe some others they could have rejuvenated SKE48 without the need for a massive shuffle.

2. They completely skipped over 3rd and 4th gen. Both Furuhata Nao and Suga Nanako are 5th gen.

3. Each Team is back to 16 girls, excluding Kitahara Rie.

4. Hirata Rikako is to graduate, meaning the only open spot for Rie would be in Team S. That would not make any sense because Team S is already the strongest and Team E is still the weakest (by far).

edit:

5. If anything, these promotions have made the teams even more unbalanced. Team S got the best of both worlds (a hot veteran and a cute newb). Shuffle still needed for a stronger, well balanced SKE48?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 02:18:52 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline chiimin

• アイドルの夜明け
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 08:41:48 PM »
Congrats to the promoted girls!  :thumbup

I'm going to check them out... as well as Kaotan and Niidoi since everyone here seems to like them  :)2

all gifs posted are by me.
twitter | tumblr | lastfm

Offline freakonboard

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 09:29:17 PM »

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 02:22:09 AM »
No Kaotan is surprising. Guess senbatsu isn't everything. I do think she more than deserves a promotion at this point, kinda lame.

Team S:
Kito Momona - Fuck. Yes. I wanted her promoted and I wanted her in Team S. This is gonna be great for her and great for Team S.
Suga Nanako - Hmmmm.... fine, I guess. She's been fun on the Sekai Seifuku Joshi eps she has been on but she does still feel pretty green at times.

Team KII:
Iguchi Shiori - Mmm, not a bad choice. I always felt like she worked in KII. She doesn't really wow me as much as she used to, but good for her. Maybe she'll shine once again.

Team E:
Uchiyama Mikoto - I'm not shy about my opinion of her, not really that impressed. I think she falls short in pretty much every aspect. Whatever. Kaotan in this spot would have been much preferred.
Saito Makiko - WRONG TEAM. She should have been put into Team S. But hey, Team E needs a boost and this girl has the chance to give them one. She's fun, pretty, she faps to Sae.. what's not to like? I'm happy to see her on a team period. She's really good.
Furuhata Nao - It's funny this girl got promoted because I have recently been checking out her G+ a lot. There's something about her I really like and I can't pinpoint exactly what it is. The last time I had this feeling, it was about Hata Sawako. Another up and coming fave? Time will tell, and now I'll have slightly more chances to see her. Nice!

I'm pleased with these promotions. They picked some good girls and I'm also happy that it probably means an SKE shuffle isn't in the works. I don't support the notion because I don't think SKE at large will benefit from it. They're not AKB. I am admittedly a bit more attached to the teams than other groups, but whatever the case, I'm cool with this for the most part.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 01:59:58 PM »
I thought this over for a bit. Some of these things may sound crude.

1. In the world of idols (maybe even in Japan as a whole), image is really important. I do believe in second chances. The demoted girls had a chance to improve themselves and it paid off for them. However, I have two issues. Firstly, by promoting all four of them it makes their own personal growth less meaningful. These girls are not on the same level, yet they all got back in anyway. Secondly, these four girls obviously aren't super talents. They aren't going to be new aces, natural talents and whatnot. If they were, they wouldn't have been demoted in the first place. As such, I feel their addition can't benefit SKE48 that much. Granted, Momona is cool and Makiko is pretty funny. I would have strongly preferred more emphasis on the newer generation. From what I heard, the 5th generation is quite strong. Girls like Mitsuki can add some power to the group:

Code: [Select]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVazmuI4fZ0
I fear that with this new line-up SKE48 will struggle to go to the next level. It will stagnate.
In addition, I still feel the teams are more unbalanced than ever before.

2. As someone (T-mo?) pointed out, part of Kaotan's appeal is being the eternal KKS. I think not getting promoted may actually benefit her. Her fans will start rooting for her even more and she can keep the underdog position.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 02:29:27 PM »
I'm just glad Nao is getting her chance. I pretty much fell in love when seeing her for the first time. :oops:
She could be a real threat to my SKE top3 combi Rena/Churi/Airi. And I haven't even seen her do anything yet! Wonder how she'll turn out down the road. :)

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 12:22:05 AM »
As such, I feel their addition can't benefit SKE48 that much.

As opposed to the mass promotions and shuffle of 2009 where AKB48's balance of power changed forever? I understand your point but I think you're blowing it out of proportion. Indeed, new girls being promoted would be a bigger chance of a new star rising, but the odds of them ending up being middle to low tier cannon fodder are very, very high. A Sashihara happens but once in a great while.

From what I heard, the 5th generation is quite strong.

Talent guarantees nothing. Subjective, yes, but I think we can all agree that Sato Mieko should definitely be more than theater leftovers.

I fear that with this new line-up SKE48 will struggle to go to the next level. It will stagnate.

If stagnation is going to happen it barely matters who they promote. The repromoted girls will have just as much or as little to do with SKE's possible downfall as a bunch of girls no one really knows. If SKE stagnates it's more the producer's fault than anyone else's. These girls didn't promote themselves.

And judging by how well SKE did in the last AKB senbatsu sosenkyo, it seems the fandom is pretty happy with SKE's line-up. If even some of SKE's mid-girls get that much support, I think it lessens the possibility of stagnation just a bit more.

Girls like Mitsuki can add some power to the group

Just like how Myao was going to bring some hellfire into AKB. Like above with talent, sometimes it just doesn't matter. The idol world's a bitch. I still contend that these girls will do just as good or bad as any other. I wish I could offer some epic evidence to show that they'll do amazing, but I can't. They're lower-middle girls and they'll probably stay lower-middle girls, likely the same as anyone new until we start seeing some senbatsu girls leave. There's always a chance, though. For any of them. Still, I do see your point that new girls could bring something not-yet-seen to the table. There's no denying that and it is a bummer we won't see that just yet. Something tells me we won't have to wait much longer, though.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 02:06:57 AM by Datalanche »

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - Shan Shan Re Ren Ai (Glittering Arouses Love)