JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - Sexy Love

Author Topic: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (41/41 END) [WMatsui] - REPLIES  (Read 311055 times)

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Faithful WMatsui shipper
    • sophcaro
REPLIES TO COMMENTS

Anyway, I know Rena would be present in this chapter but I didn't know HOW, so I'm super excited when she came home
and even cooked for Jurina. My heart...  :shy1: Jurina should return the favor someday hehe..

I hope she will too! We all know that Jurina is a good cook  :thumbup

When things got serious and Jurina almost lost her temper, I wondered what could possibly happen. I'm happy that they both were
mature enough and they wanted to listen to each other.

I think Rena's calm appearance and soothing tone did the trick!  :P

Rena, you should never do the same mistake again!  :on yellcard:

I also hope Rena has learned the lesson and will not do it again. She has a tendency to believe she's only trying to protect Jurina, but ends up hurting her instead   :(

I understand the reasons for Rena.
But I understand the anger of Jurina.
I'm glad they have made peace.

Thankfully it was not a too important issue, so they managed to solve it  :thumbup

I'm so glad that Jurina didn't tell Churi about something that has been bugging her lately (correct me if I'm wrong).

No, she didn't tell Churi. Why are you glad she didn't tell her? Wouldn't it have been best if she confided first in Churi about it? She may have felt better after finally getting off her chest :)

Somehow this chapter kinda reminds me of the time when Rena was doing <Shin Bakumatsu Junjo Den> performances and Jurina stated that she doesn't want to go to her show because she doesn't want to see that "you-know-what" scene  :lol: 

Yes, right?  :P In general, I think it's weird when you're the partner of an actor to see their intimates scenes on screen. Even if it's just acting, you don't really want to see that, right?

Uuuughhhhhh... Now that we have Rena back to Nagoya, can we let them out for a date?????? Or dinner???? Or dinner date????? Or whatever you call it?????
 :shy2: :shy2: :shy2:

You really want them to go out  XD We'll see  :P

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 03:05:20 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing
- One Shot collection: Her Sun | Completed
- Fire and Water | On hiatus

Offline genkingblack

• not hiatus/abandon my fics but really have no time to write.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • タマです
    • genkingblack
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (12/?) [WMatsui] (25/10/2016)
« Reply #501 on: November 09, 2016, 04:27:32 AM »
Am i too late to comment this? We talked through tumblr and you know how busy i am despite weekend 😐😐

Ah so that was rena's reason? Hmmm.... Actually i am bit expecting jurina will stay mad for time being. So i guess this arch already closed? What is next?
We've seen from entirely series that mostly rena was the one at fault on each arch (the not telling grad, and now lied about the kiss). It makes me want to see Rena's anger to J. Like whatsoever conflict hahahaha.

Last, i don't need to say like I'm waiting for yours right? Cause you knew i always read it 😁😁
My Projects :
GenkingBlack's Vault [OS/Short Stories] Last update 4-Apr-17
Brave Enough On Going Last update 16-Mar-17
Love is Serious, When War is Involved   Hiatus Last Update 12-Mar-17
Heartsmith | On Going Last Update 19-Oct-17
Hidden Vault | Perv Section

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (12/?) [WMatsui] (25/10/2016)
« Reply #502 on: November 09, 2016, 12:39:43 PM »
REPLIES TO COMMENTS

Am i too late to comment this? We talked through tumblr and you know how busy i am despite weekend 😐😐

It's never too late  ;)

Ah so that was rena's reason? Hmmm.... Actually i am bit expecting jurina will stay mad for time being. So i guess this arch already closed? What is next?

Yep, this arc is closed. A new one will start very soon!

We've seen from entirely series that mostly rena was the one at fault on each arch (the not telling grad, and now lied about the kiss). It makes me want to see Rena's anger to J. Like whatsoever conflict hahahaha.

Yes, you're right. Rena is often at fault, although she means well (by the way, she didn't lie about the kiss, she just omitted to talk about it. It's different  :P). I've been asked the same question, if we were going to see Rena being mad at Jurina for a reason, but I don't think that's going to happen... I kinda like the current pattern  :nervous
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 03:21:44 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #503 on: November 09, 2016, 02:25:32 PM »
I am looking forward to reading the new storyline.

Offline Guacamoolee

• Member+
  • Silent reader
« Reply #504 on: November 28, 2016, 02:33:45 AM »
Hi Sophcarooo~
I'm sorry for not answering your question immediately   :sweatdrop:

No, she didn't tell Churi. Why are you glad she didn't tell her? Wouldn't it have been best if she confided first in Churi about it? She may have felt better after finally getting off her chest :)

Well, I think J may have felt better but it still not solving the problem. In my opinion, sometimes something is better left unspoken. In this case, Jurina wasn't sure about the cause of Rena's unusual behavior yet. If Jurina told Churi about what she felt during this condition of uncertainty and Churi gives her the wrong opinion or advice, it's possible that it might worsen Wmatsui's relationship. Unless if she have already known what's going on in Rena's mind and Rena didn't realize that she had done something wrong, then she could go to Churi. Beside that, it's this couple's problem. Nothing is better than if it has been resolved by themselves. So I think it's best for Jurina to just wait for Rena's explanation herself. And one more thing that I like about J didn't tell Churi is that it's a prove that J has grown up and she can handle her problem herself. I know that Churi is a trusted friend, but I think J couldn't just depend on her forever.  :nervous

Now, when will you update this fic? :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (13/?) [WMatsui] (2/12/2016)
« Reply #505 on: December 02, 2016, 02:15:37 AM »
CHAPTER 13

Rena looked up from her magazine when she heard the host of the TV news show warning the viewers about the hole that had suddenly formed in an avenue of Fukuoka. The man neatly dressed in a black suit was announcing the news stoically, but Rena couldn’t help widening her eyes in surprise. It was a 30 meters’ hole! How could he recite his text so calmly, and look so unfazed in front of the camera?

Rena glanced back to the kitchen when she heard the other occupant of the apartment letting out a sharp gasp. Jurina had been busy in the kitchen for the past thirty minutes, but her eyes were now glued on the television in complete shock. The news had evidently caught her off guard just as much but she still diverted her attention quickly from the screen, to focus again on the frying pan in front of her.

Tonight, Jurina had decided to prepare dinner for both of them. When the young girl had manifested enthusiastically her intention to cook, Rena had offered to help but Jurina had immediately declined, stating instead that she should take a seat on the sofa and rest. Rena had followed her instructions obediently, knowing very well insisting was of not much use anyway when Jurina had her mind set on something.

Much as she remembered vividly Jurina’s wish to take care of absolutely everything, it didn’t prevent her from observing her from the sofa moving around the kitchen. It was not that she didn’t trust her cooking skills – on the contrary, her girlfriend was a very talented cook – but after alternating between reading magazines and watching TV for so long, she was starting to feel a bit ill-at-ease sitting idly on the sofa when the other girl was doing all the work.

Decided, Rena let her magazine aside and stood up from the sofa to approach the girl cooking. As soon as she arrived in the kitchen, she glanced down in curiosity to the content of the frying pan. The ebi and kabocha tempuras looked now almost fried, and the maitake and ninjin were cooking nicely. Rena noticed that Jurina had also surprisingly added a few green beans to the mix, vegetables quite unusual in Jurina’s cooking. Rena figured her girlfriend had decided to add a bit of originality to her usual recipe.

It seemed everything was going very smoothly… Or not?

“There’s something wrong with the sauce…” Rena looked up to SKE’s ace when she heard her mumbling in frustration. Her frown even increased when she tasted the sauce for the second time, and still didn’t seem able to find the solution to what appeared to be troubling her so much.

Rena decided it was her cue to intervene. “Can I help you with something?” she asked tentatively, only to see the young cook shaking her head lightly at her while still staring at the spoon intently.

“No, dinner is almost ready,” Jurina replied before letting out a light groan. “I just need to find what’s wrong with the sauce.”

Just as Rena was about to offer to take a taste, Jurina’s eyes suddenly lit up. “That’s it! There’s not enough Mirin!”

Rena suppressed a laugh when Jurina looked very much like she just had the biggest revelation of the day and a broad, happy smile plastered her face as she grabbed hastily the bottle of Mirin on the counter.

“I see you really don’t need me,” Rena teased, her fingers caressing gently her girlfriend’s back. She took another peek at their dinner, realizing Jurina had again really been very thoughtful when it came to the choice of food, making sure there was a little bit of everything to suit both their tastes. Rena had no doubt it was going to be delicious. Rena didn’t believe to be a bad cook herself, but the younger girl definitely beat her when it came to this specific field. In another life, Rena was sure Jurina would have made a terrific chef.

“I told you, you can just relax on the sofa,” Jurina repeated enthusiastically when she tilted her head towards her and gave her lips a quick kiss. “I’ll call you when it’s ready.”

Rena let out a small sigh at her stubbornness but chose to relent nevertheless, although not before laying the table in the living room. Just as she was finishing she heard the familiar ringtone of her phone, and she glanced over to the sofa where she had last left it. Her brows furrowed in confusion as she made her way towards the sofa, wondering who could be calling her on a Friday evening. She was certainly not expecting any call. She gazed down in curiosity to the screen when she retrieved the device, discovering it was her agent calling her.

“Hello Rena, I hope I’m not disturbing you,” the familiar, feminine voice announced itself as she picked up. “I know it’s a bit late, but I wanted to confirm your interview in Tokyo on Monday. It will be at 11 a.m. on Fuji TV. Your train ticket is already booked.”

“Thank you,” Rena registered the information she had just been given, and she entered the bedroom a few seconds later. “I’ll write it down in my diary.”

While she took a seat at her office and noted down the interview her agent had just communicated her, Rena noticed the long silence on the other side of the line. She wondered if her agent wished to add something ese, considering she still had not hung up. Just as she was about to ask, her interlocutor was the one to speak up.

“Have you made a decision about the role?” came the somewhat hesitant question.

Rena let go of her pen and leaned back in the chair, now remembering she had indeed not given a clear answer yet about this subject in particular. Ah yes, the role. Upon her return from Kyoto three weeks ago, her agent had sent her a script for a role in a new TV show. Rena had read the script carefully, admitting that the role was interesting even though she was only playing a secondary character.

So why did she find herself so reluctant to accept at the end of her reading? Maybe because there was one major problem with that role, impossible for her to ignore. The shooting was supposed to start in a month and take place in Tokyo. The location didn’t pose her any problem as she was used to working in Japan’s capital by now, however the announced length was another matter altogether.

The shooting was going to last three, long months.

Rena couldn’t possibly forget that she had promised Jurina to stay in Nagoya for a little while once she returned from Kyoto. No, she didn’t regret at all playing the leading role of Arisa in Destiny: it was a complex and beautiful character. She had been privileged to work with a very professional cast and crew, not to mention the drama’s great ratings had definitely put its main actors under the spotlights. However, despite the positive impact this role had on her new career, she had to admit the timing had not been ideal.

After all, the shooting had started only a few days after her graduation… An event that had definitely not been easy for Jurina to accept. Even if the latter had thankfully managed to get over her sorrow in the end, Rena now wished she could have been more present for the young ace during that difficult period of transition.

Rena took out the script from the drawer in front of her - going absently through the first pages - before setting it aside. She had told her agent she would give an answer next week, but there was no use delaying it. She had already made up her mind. “I want to stay in Nagoya,” she finally stated with assurance. “I don’t mind doing a few jobs in Tokyo now and then, but I don’t want to be away from Nagoya for that long.”

The older Matsui held her breath and waited expectantly for her agent’s reaction. It was so unusual for her to refuse a job, that for a minute she wondered how the older woman was going to react and take her refusal. The last time she stated she didn’t want to pose in lingerie and swimsuit anymore, she half expected her agency to try and change her mind about it. Refusing to do those kinds of photoshoots was not a small, anecdotic change. It meant less exposure in magazines.

To her surprise and relief, her agency had agreed easily. Would this new demand receive the same positive outcome?

“No more long-term jobs outside of Nagoya for now, then?” her agent reformulated as if to be entirely sure she had understood well.

“Yes,” Rena confirmed, relaxing slightly when it appeared her agent was not going to insist. “I thank you for sending me that script, but I don’t want to accept big shootings outside of Nagoya for the rest of the year.”

“Don’t worry, I understand,” her agent replied kindly. “I apologize again for calling you so late. Have a nice week-end, Rena. I’ll see you on Monday.”

Rena stared at the screen once her agent hung up, until placing her phone on the side of the desk when the name of her last caller vanished entirely. Surprisingly, she didn’t feel as troubled as she would have expected to refuse that job opportunity. So many times in the past she was forced to refuse jobs because her presence in SKE unfortunately didn’t allow her to have too many activities outside the idol group. A certain frustration would sometimes result from it, but this situation was completely different.

She wasn’t refusing this role because her schedule was too busy for her to accept it. She wasn’t refusing it either because of unfortunate circumstances she had not control over. No, she was willingly letting this opportunity pass because she wanted to stick to her words and spend some time with Jurina. Albeit the fact they had constantly stayed in contact since she worked on Destiny, there was no denying she had missed Jurina’s presence by her side greatly.

Rena always believed to be a very independent person, but things had clearly changed since Jurina found a place in her heart. Of course, their daily life was not the same anymore now that she had left SKE, but it didn’t mean she wasn’t going to try and keep their relationship intact. It was too precious to her, and she refused to let Jurina go after discovering how much she truly made her happy.

It had now been almost two years since she confessed her feelings to SKE’s ace in that hotel room in Tokyo.

“Dinner is ready!” Jurina’s cheerful voice distracted her and she tilted her head to the side, noticing her girlfriend’s worried look through the opening of the bedroom door. “Is everything… alright?”

“Yes.” She smiled at her, guessing her pensive look must have given the wrong impression. “I’ll be there in a minute.”

Jurina kept her eyes on her firmly a little longer – as if to gauge if she was really telling her the truth – before returning the smile and disappearing. Rena diverted her attention from the door once she was gone, glancing back at the script still laying in front of her. This is the right thing to do.

Standing up from her chair she seized the script, slipping it in the wastepaper basket without an ounce of regret on her way out.

They had finished dinner twenty minutes ago, and were now settling in front of the television to watch a movie. Rena took a seat on the black sofa, having no clue what they were going to watch. Tonight, Jurina had really decided to plan the whole evening: not only had she prepared dinner, she had also chosen the movie they were going to watch. Rena glanced at her in curiosity as she was now kneeling in front of the television to place the movie inside the DVD player.

Of course, Rena had tried to discover what they were going to watch. However, her girlfriend had been awfully secretive about it, stating it was a surprise. The only thing she had agreed to share was that it was an old, French movie, and that she hoped she would enjoy it as she had read good reviews about it. As unusual as it was for Jurina to suggest watching a type of movie so afar from her own personal tastes, the older Matsui decided to stay quiet about it. Jurina was in a very good mood tonight, and was visibly adamant on pleasing her.

Who knows, maybe she would even enjoy the movie? 

“Ah, I forgot to tell you.” Jurina turned to look at her. “I spoke on the phone with Mayu earlier on. She asked if we wanted to spend Christmas with her and Yuki this year.”

Rena processed the new information. She didn’t have anything planned for the end of the year, and she had to admit they had a great time last time they spent Christmas together the four of them. “I didn’t have anything special in mind,” Rena replied, seeing Jurina’s expectant look turning into a happy smile when she nodded back at her. “We can spend Christmas with them.”

“Great!” Jurina exclaimed, and Rena couldn’t help smiling at her girlfriend’s overflowing enthusiasm. Oh yes, Jurina was definitely looking forward to spend time with her AKB best friend. Rena was aware that Jurina had not been able to see Mayu very often since their week holiday at her beach house in July. And what about herself? Since her graduation, she had not seen or even spoken to both AKB members…

Rena’s attention diverted to the screen when the menu appeared, and she frowned a little when she read the French title. “La Boum?”

The name definitely rang a bell, but she couldn’t possibly remember where and when she heard about it. The teenager with shoulder-length brown hair on the screen also seemed very familiar. Rena was positively sure she had seen her picture in a magazine or somewhere…

“Yes, it’s a movie released in 1980 by…” Rena tilted her head to Jurina who had taken a seat by her side, and was now trying tentatively to pronounce the foreign name. Her eyes were glued on the back of the cover in her hand, but it was obvious by her mouth opening and closing a few times that she had a hard time reading the name of the director.

“Claude Pinoteau,” Rena came to her rescue after finding the name on the back cover, and taking advantage that it was finally within reach to read the description attentively. “I’m sure I heard about this movie before…”

“Have you seen it?” Jurina looked up in apprehension, and Rena guessed by her reaction she was going to be evidently disappointed if her nice surprise ended up being ruined. Thankfully, much as she was positively sure she had heard about this movie, she was also equally sure she had not watched it. “I haven’t, but it looks interesting.”

Jurina relaxed, and she seized the remote control after placing the DVD cover on the coffee table. “I heard this movie had a lot of success at the time, and it launched the career of the lead actress.”

The movie began and Rena followed it in interest, feeling a few minutes later Jurina snuggling against her. The atmosphere was peaceful now, and Rena couldn’t help noticing her girlfriend had fallen very quiet. Usually, Jurina liked to make a few comments now and then when they watched a movie together, so her silence was a bit strange.

Unless…

“Jurina?” Rena called tentatively, now wondering if her girlfriend had not fallen asleep. It was no mystery Jurina was not a fan of animated movies, foreign movies even less. That’s why she avoided watching those kinds of movies together with her, knowing perfectly well there was a high chance the younger girl would never get to see the ending and fall asleep on her shoulder half through it. Was she reliving one of her most infamous patterns? But the movie had only begun 10 minutes ago! Surely, she couldn’t have fell asleep that fast. “You’re not… sleeping?”

A light groan escaped Jurina’s lips, proving Rena’s theory wrong. “Why do you think I’m going to sleep? I’m not.”

Rena let out a small sigh of relief, an amused smile forming on her lips at her girlfriend’s slight offended tone. It appeared someone was still stubbornly refusing to acknowledge her past behavior. Indeed, Rena remembered the other girl always looked uneased – and a bit guilty - when she sometimes casually mentioned to her that she had been sleeping during a movie. But maybe Jurina really wouldn’t fall asleep, this time? Rena decided to have a little faith.

After 30 minutes, they had arrived at one of the most famous scenes of the movie. The main character - a thirteen years old girl named Vic - had been invited to a party and everyone was dancing on a very energetic song, enjoying themselves. A boy had caught her attention not long after arriving at the party and - just as she was serving herself a drink - she suddenly felt a pair of headphones being placed over her head. A soft and romantic music filled her ears, and she turned around in surprise. The boy who was making her heart beat so fast since the minute she laid eyes on him was now standing right in front of her.

Met you by surprise

I didn’t realize

That my life would change forever

Saw you standing there

I didn’t know I’d care

There was something

Special in the air

Without thinking twice, she wrapped her arms around his neck, joy spreading through her chest as he held her against him and they engaged in a slow dance. They were both lost in their own little world – going against the flow and ignoring the presence of all the other people in the room - because nothing else but themselves mattered at this right moment.

“This scene is really touching…” Jurina murmured, emotion tangible in her voice. She made a slight pause to try and compose herself, before continuing. “I don’t know how the story ends but one thing is for sure: you never forget your first love.”

Rena tore her eyes away from the screen to look at her, momentarily wondering by the warm smile she was now giving her if she was still talking about the movie. While listening to the romantic music playing in the background, she let Jurina’s words sink in. There was an undeniable truth to her words.

Rena would never forget the first time someone kissed her. She would never forget either the moment when she finally accepted to give her heart to someone else. Some may say her first kiss had not happened under ideal circumstances, as it had been purely stolen from her. However, she had long ago forgiven the person responsible for this mischief. Because this same person also ended up unexpectedly stealing her heart along the way.

As if pulled by the sudden romantic atmosphere the scene had created Rena couldn’t help but lean towards Jurina’s inviting lips, and capture them in a gentle kiss. The kiss was chaste and not invasive, but the older Matsui soon discovered she didn’t want this intimate moment to end quite yet.

The movie was still playing in the background - the romantic music echoing in the living room of Rena’s apartment - but both girls were not paying attention to it anymore. Rena deepened the kiss and pulled Jurina further into her arms, sensing the mood had definitely shifted when she felt Jurina pushing her against the sofa.

In an instant, Rena had all forgotten about the movie they had both been watching, but was reminded of it when the lips that were kissing her suddenly pulled away, and Jurina stared into her small brown orbs a little hesitantly. “We’re… going to miss the movie.”

Rena saw her taking a peek at the screen while uttering those words, but it was only brief as her eyes were back on her only a few seconds later. Despite her declaration, she wasn’t taking her distance with her in the slightest, even now staring intensely at her lips.

“Do you really want to keep watching it?” Rena whispered, even though she already guessed the answer. Indeed, Jurina was stealing a few kisses now and then, while her left hand was cupping her cheek and her fingers caressing her skin tenderly.

“Maybe…” Jurina started, her fingers making slowly their descent towards her chin then her neck, before pausing at the top of her red shirt. “Maybe later?”

“Yes.” Rena smiled knowingly when she felt the younger girl starting to unbutton the top of her shirt, soon revealing her matching bra. She tangled her fingers in Jurina's long, dark hair, pulling her down for another lingering kiss. “Later.”

The movie faded in the background as they both kissed each other fervently, their hands roaming over each other as if mapping out every inch of their skin.

Would Vic live a long love story with this boy she had recently met and so easily managed to make her heart beat so fast? Or was it just a simple teenage crush, and she would move on as soon as she would cross path with another boy who would make her heart beat even faster? There was no way to tell, but both Matsui had one certitude deeply anchored inside their heart.

They both knew how they wanted their own story to end.

TO BE CONTINUED

« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 06:23:36 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline daichi matsui

• Silent reader 95% - Wmatsui_timemachine
  • If i left comment = Congratulation you are a great author!!
« Reply #506 on: December 02, 2016, 02:47:35 AM »
I was reading the old chapter of destiny because i miss  story af

AND

BAMM! An update!!
 :wriggly:

Thanks for this lovely chapter sopcharo-san, i didn't remember if i ever comment here, but yeah i have been following your stories for years. And i just want to make sure you know that you've got your self a fan here.
 :hee:

Offline Genkikid

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #507 on: December 02, 2016, 05:02:05 AM »
It's a happy moment. Too happy I'm afraid it's just a calm before storm

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #508 on: December 02, 2016, 11:51:15 AM »
It has been a beautiful chapter.
So romantic the night planned by Jurina, and with unexpected end.
I hope Rena does not regret not working outside Nagoya.

Offline Guacamoolee

• Member+
  • Silent reader
« Reply #509 on: December 02, 2016, 01:55:31 PM »
S
Sw
Swe
Swee
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :deco:

Rena is really keeping her promise, I can't.....  :farofflook:
I didn't expect her to love Jurina that much  :mon runcry:
And... and... I love these words so much :'
Because this same person also ended up unexpectedly stealing her heart along the way.

Btw, Author-chan.. I just googled about La Boum movie

and I was like..............

*gasp*

:mon tantrum2:
Hehehe
I don't know why but waiting for chapter 13 felt so long for me xD
Thanks for the update  :twothumbs

Offline Bukiyou Taiyou

• Member+
« Reply #510 on: December 03, 2016, 05:10:00 PM »
Sooo..after Rena prepared breakfast for Jurina, now it's time for Jurina to cook dinner for Rena. Nice!  :k-wink:
I have no doubt that Jurina is a good cook. She could also make snacks like homemade pocky. (Imagine if she shares it with Rena)  :whistle:

About Rena refusing the job, I wonder what Jurina would think about it. I know Rena tried to stick to her words, but somehow I believe
Jurina would encourage her to take the job instead if only Rena asked her opinion.

Anyway, YAY for spending Christmas with Mayu and Yuki! Since it's winter, they might not spend the holiday in their beach house
because it's gonna be too cold and windy. Or they might? Hehe..

Btw, Author-chan.. I just googled about La Boum movie

Just like Guacamoolee, I did google about the movie. I also found the short clip for that particular scene from YouTube.
I think it's nice, and I also like the song. No wonder Rena and Jurina were carried away with the romantic atmosphere.
And I believe there would be no LATER like both of them said as they were busy with each other on that black sofa.  :wahaha:

I have one (or two) more question(s) about the end of Destiny drama. I don't think you've told us about how it would end.
Would Arisa choose Yoshiaki over Nobunaga? Because it seems like Arisa and Yoshiaki got closer to each other recently. They even kissed.
Rena also told Jurina that she did ((another)) kissing scene at the end of the drama. Was it with Yoshiaki or Nobunaga?

They both knew how they wanted their own story to end.
But will destiny be on their side?

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
« Reply #511 on: December 06, 2016, 06:05:25 PM »
REPLIES TO COMMENTS

Thanks for this lovely chapter sophcaro-san, i didn't remember if i ever comment here, but yeah i have been following your stories for years. And i just want to make sure you know that you've got your self a fan here.

Thanks for following me all this time, and for having the courage to leave a comment. I appreciate it and it's motivating! :)

It's a happy moment. Too happy I'm afraid it's just a calm before storm

It's the end of the year! It's supposed to be a period of joy, so let's enjoy it, alright?   :lol:

I hope Rena does not regret not working outside Nagoya.

Don't worry, Rena doesn't regret at all her decision to refuse that role. If she had accepted, she would have been away from Jurina for 3 months, and she wants to spend time with her ;)

Rena is really keeping her promise, I can't.....  :farofflook:
I didn't expect her to love Jurina that much  :mon runcry:

Of course, she loves Jurina  :P

I don't know why but waiting for chapter 13 felt so long for me xD
Thanks for the update  :twothumbs

Sorry about the wait! I'm afraid my schedule is not going to get any lighter for the following months, so please be patient if I don't update as frequently  :nervous

About Rena refusing the job, I wonder what Jurina would think about it. I know Rena tried to stick to her words, but somehow I believe Jurina would encourage her to take the job instead if only Rena asked her opinion.

Jurina probably would, yes. After all, she has always been supportive of her career, even when she didn't always understand her decisions.

I have one (or two) more question(s) about the end of Destiny drama. I don't think you've told us about how it would end.
Would Arisa choose Yoshiaki over Nobunaga? Because it seems like Arisa and Yoshiaki got closer to each other recently. They even kissed.
Rena also told Jurina that she did ((another)) kissing scene at the end of the drama. Was it with Yoshiaki or Nobunaga?

You're right, I haven't answered those questions and it's a deliberate choice. I'm choosing not to answer your questions now because you'll get those answers later in the story... Sorry  :nervous
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 03:23:39 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline kuro_black29

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • (´∀`)♡ WmatsuixMayuki (Blackdawnindisguise)
« Reply #512 on: December 10, 2016, 03:01:34 PM »
You are my Destinyyyyy~~~~~

:ding: :ding: :ding:
:kneelbow: :kneelbow: :kneelbow:
:on drink: :on drink: :on drink:
:on gay: :on gay: :on gay:
Live in the land of mist..nahh just kidding..
Live in the land of Wmatsui and Mayuki...
World of fantasy..World of Lalaland~

(っ´▽`)っWmatsui~Mayuki ♡ (。’∀’。)

Tend to forget things but not mah fav author and fics

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (14/?) [WMatsui] (25/12/2016)
« Reply #513 on: December 25, 2016, 12:08:38 AM »
CHAPTER 14

Rena checked herself in the bathroom’s mirror, really satisfied with the newest appearance she had recently adopted. A few weeks ago, she had visited the hairdresser to get a new haircut, knowing precisely what new look she wanted. During the shooting of Destiny she had no choice but to respect the director’s decision when it came to Arisa’s looks, but now she was free from any obligations.

Rena ran her fingers through her brown wavy hair, her fingertips inspecting the ends that had been neatly cut. Her hair still remained quite long - as she had asked the hairdresser to only remove a few centimeters – and her fringe was brushed nicely to the side.

Taking a look at the rest of her appearance, the older Matsui finished buttoning carefully the collar of her silky red blouse, before taking a step back and adjusting her long black skirt. It wasn’t everyday she wore such an elegant outfit, but the circumstances were quite special. After all, tomorrow was Christmas, and she had been invited for the occasion at Yuki and Mayu’s apartment in Tokyo.

Rena knew she needed to do one more little thing to be good and ready, and her fingers encircled the golden bottle of perfume resting on top of the shelf in front of her. Conscientiously, she applied the perfume at a few strategic places. Soon, the sweet scent reached her nostrils; a mix of mandarin and orange, with a hint of jasmine and rose. Her all-time favorite perfume. Placing the bottle back in place she glanced down at her watch, taking a peek at the time. Her train for Tokyo was in less than an hour; she would need to leave very soon.

Stepping out of the bathroom, her eyes searched the other girl who was going to accompany her to Tokyo, immediately noticing her in a very strange position. Indeed, Jurina was on all fours in the bedroom - her eyes glued on the red carpet - while her left hand was feeling around frenetically the floor underneath her.

It didn’t take a genius to figure out that she was looking for something. “Did you lose something?”

“My ring,” Jurina sighed heavily, her attention entirely monopolized by what appeared to be a very frustrating search. “I can’t find my ring.”

Rena furrowed her brows at the revelation. It is true to say her girlfriend was not the most organized or neat person in the world – even though she had greatly improved on that aspect of her personality these last years - she nevertheless was always very careful when it came to something that meant a great deal to her. And Rena, more than anyone, knew how precious that ring in particular was to her.

This Sunday afternoon of July in the Maruyama Park of Kyoto submerged Rena’s mind, and she looked down to the silver ring on her left index. Never did she expect Jurina to give her such a beautiful present, nor did she ignore the touching meaning behind it. In the past, when they were still two innocent teenagers, they would often wear matching clothes or items. This time, it was very different. Those matching rings had a much deeper meaning; they symbolized Jurina’s infinite love for her. Out of all the gifts Jurina had given her, Rena would always treasure that ring more than anything.

Rena stole a glance at her watch, discovering they still had approximately fifteen minutes until the taxi’s arrival. Their suitcase was already waiting near the entrance, but their time was definitely limited. She contemplated her options carefully, observing the girl who was now desperately looking for the ring under the bed.

“It’s not lost anyway,” Rena said calmly, trying to sound reassuring. Somehow, she didn’t feel alarmed by the missing object. She recalled vividly seeing it on Jurina’s finger the evening before when they came back from the restaurant, which meant it had to be somewhere in the apartment. Jurina always placed it on the bedside table before going to bed, so it couldn’t have gone very far. “Why don’t you look for it when we come back from Tokyo?”

Rena knew she said something terribly wrong the instant Jurina left her search aside to look back at her. Considering Jurina’s rather displeased expression, the older Matsui seriously doubted her offer was going to receive a positive outcome. A prediction that got confirmed a few seconds later.

“I will not leave without it,” Jurina protested. “I know it has to be somewhere in here. Just… just give me a few more minutes.”

The moment after, Jurina was in deep search of the ring again, and Rena could tell nothing she would say would manage to change her girlfriend’s mind. She was never going to get up from that floor until she obtained what she wanted. Right now, Rena was witnessing one of her girlfriend’s most famous personality traits: her incredible and relentless stubbornness.

If this kept going, Rena feared there was a high chance they would miss their train. Despite it, she couldn’t find it in her to chastise her girlfriend for her current behavior. Jurina was simply too attached to that ring. Not only she wore it every single day, Rena sometimes saw her gazing at it at length, in a mix of appreciation and admiration.

That’s why Rena was convinced she meant every single word she just uttered. Jurina was never going to leave the apartment without the ring on her finger, which meant she had to find a solution to make sure they arrived on time at the train station. Of course, they could always take the next one, but it was not a solution she favored the best. Without many options left, she took a decided step forward. “Alright. I’ll help you look for it.”

Rena let her gaze wander around the room, retracing the events of the previous evening to try and identify where Jurina could possibly have forgotten her ring. Yesterday, they opted for French cuisine and left Restaurant Pérouges a little after 9 p.m., clearly not feeling tired at all when they arrived later on at Rena’s apartment. When Jurina turned the television on and flipped through the channels a movie soon caught her attention, and they both settled down in the sofa to watch it.

It was past 11 p.m. when they moved to the bedroom, and Rena knew the younger girl was in a very playful mood when she started cuddling in bed with her as she was finishing a chapter of her book. Her caresses under the sheets were impossible to ignore, nor the few kisses she would occasionally steal between pages. The words started mixing in Rena’s head and she progressively discovered she was not paying attention to her book anymore, far too distracted by her girlfriend’s clever actions.

When she tilted her head towards her, Rena simply knew she wouldn’t say no to those eyes that were staring at her with such desire. Without hesitation, she put her book aside, and cupped Jurina’s cheek to deepen the kiss she had initiated. To be honest, she had missed the intimacy. Contrary to her schedule that had been rather light since she came back from Kyoto, Jurina had been very busy with her idol activities since October.

During the week, Jurina was often far too exhausted to do anything else but sleep when she stayed at her place. As for the week-end, it appeared they unfortunately hadn’t been able to see one another a few week-ends in a row, due to the recent release of AKB new single to which Jurina was of course participating. To sum it up, Jurina’s advances were more than appreciated and welcomed, and it didn’t take very long before the room plunged into darkness, and they removed their clothes to make passionately love to each other.

The moment was vividly imprinted in Rena’s mind, and she was positively sure she had noticed the ring on Jurina’s finger just before she switched the bedside lamp off. This morning, she wasn’t wearing it anymore, which could only mean one thing: she had removed it in the heat of the action.

Rena glanced towards Jurina’s side of the bed and reduced the distance, taking in the absence of the ring on the small table. Of course, it wasn’t there: it was probably the first place Jurina had looked for it, but a little voice inside her head was telling her she was boiling. From her peripheral vision, she saw Jurina standing up, but it was evident by the frustrated growl escaping her lips that her research remained completely fruitless despite her best efforts.

Convinced she was onto something Rena followed her train of thoughts and kneeled next to the bedside table, slipping her hand in the narrowed space between the bedside table and the wall. Disappointment was progressively plastering her features as the seconds went by and she was failing to find what she hoped, until her eyes widened when her fingers encountered a small rounded object just as she was about to pull away.

A smile moved to her lips and she retrieved the object, gazing at the silver ring inside her palm. It was completely similar to hers, or at least that’s what she always believed until now. As she turned the object between her thumb and index, she suddenly noticed to her surprise an inscription engraved inside. Wait. So Jurina had not only engraved a message in the ring she had given to her? She had also done the same with hers?

Stunned by this revelation, Rena wondered why the younger girl had never told her anything about it and kept this information secret from her. Curiosity got the best of her and she took a closer look at it, reading the short sentence engraved inside.

My heart only belongs to R

The words brought a smile to Rena’s lips, their somewhat cheesiness never overshadowing the beautiful and meaningful message behind them. Rena was all too conscious of Jurina’s indistinct love for her; she never failed to remind it to her on a constant basis with words of affection and her caring behavior. Jurina may be six years younger than her and at times still act a little childish, there was no denying she was an incredible romantic and faithful girlfriend.

Those last two years, she had loved her despite all her imperfections. God knew she was far from the perfect creature many people who truly didn’t know her wanted to believe. The princess of Nagoya? Just an illusion magazines had created for many years; a flattering title sometimes a little too heavy to bear for the young idol that she was. No, Rena Matsui was no princess, but just a simple human being with its evident qualities and flaws.

Rena knew she had hurt Jurina a few times, yet the latter had each and single time forgiven her. The evening of her graduation concert, Jurina had more than implied that she had forgiven her, but it took another month – the time when Jurina joined her in Kyoto for her birthday and they were physically and emotionally finally reunited – for Rena to realize that Jurina’s heart was truly not hurting anymore.

That day, Rena was finally able to put everything behind her, and forgive herself.

Rena closed her hand around the ring, engraving the words deep inside her heart. As she tilted her head towards the young girl who had her back turned, she suddenly felt like sharing her discovery about the message, and asking why she had never said anything about it. In the end, she decided against it. There had to be a good reason why Jurina didn’t tell her; maybe she felt too shy about it?

The ring secured in her hand she raised to her feet, approaching the other girl and catching her hand. Two eyes gazed back at her, and Rena could tell by the look on her face she was not only desperate, but also getting really worried about the missing item. Her expression changed to a speechless one when the older Matsui revealed what was hidden inside her palm, and she was too stunned to react when Rena put the ring carefully on her finger.

“It had fallen behind your bedside table,” Rena informed, smiling a little when she saw the great relief spreading across Jurina’s face.

“I was so afraid I lost it,” Jurina confessed, her eyes glued on the precious silver object now encircling her ring finger. “I don’t know what I would have done if I-”

“You don’t have to worry about that anymore,” Rena cut her off softly, giving her hand a light squeeze. “Are you now ready to go?”

Rena received a silent nod in reply, but got startled when she was about to turn on her heels and felt Jurina’s hand still holding hers tightly. “Thank you, Rena,” Jurina murmured. “You have no idea how much this ring means to me.”

Rena didn’t miss the emotion in her shimmering eyes, and she caressed her cheek when Jurina pulled her closer to capture her lips in a gentle kiss of gratitude.

Yes, I do.

Yuki eyed suspiciously the rectangular present wrapped in green paper under the Christmas tree, praying it was not what she feared. Jurina had placed it here the day before at her arrival and, when she had questioned her about it in concern, the latter had assured her it was not a new figurine of Mikasa Ackerman. For an instant, relief truly spread through her chest. There were already too many signs of Mayu’s passion for the feminine warrior around the apartment, whether under the form of posters, figurines, DVDs, or goodies.

Because yes, Mikasa Ackerman was definitely a popular character. For a little while, Mayu’s passion had diminished slightly because of the lack of new content, but Yuki didn’t fool herself one bit. She had no doubt it would come back in full force as soon as the anticipated second season of the Japanese animated TV show would come out. It had already been four years since the diffusion of the very first episode, but the news she feared the most got out a few days ago. April 2017 would mark the return of Shingeki no Kyojin.

There were still four months to come, but Yuki was already mentally preparing herself. There was no denying how much she loved her adoring girlfriend, but she always found her a little frightening when she went in full otaku mode and let herself get consummated by one of her greatest passions. Yuki wanted nothing else but believe Jurina when she promised her it wasn’t what she thought; so why couldn’t she shake the feeling that this big, rectangular box was still bad news?

The four friends had now settled around the Christmas tree for the traditional exchange of presents and Yuki remained silent, a tinge of apprehension forming at the pit of her stomach as she watched her girlfriend unwrapping Jurina’s present with much eagerness. Yuki glanced nervously at Jurina, noting that the latter was – contrary to her – definitely enjoying the moment as she was observing Mayu’s frenetic actions in great delight. Not only Jurina enjoyed spending time with her AKB best friend, she always found it very entertaining when Mayu acted like a little kid around Christmas time.

Well, she was definitely in for a treat this year again.

Yuki truly didn’t know what to make of it when their eyes met, and Jurina gave her a somewhat mischievous smile. Wait. Jurina wouldn’t have dared to lie to her, would she? Yuki suddenly got very worried, and her heart pounded a little faster inside her chest without her consent. After all, Mayu did seem a bit too enthusiastic, and the size of the box was way too suspicious.

In the end, Jurina truly didn’t lie to her. No sign of Mikasa Ackerman inside the box Mayu was now staring at intently. It should have been a great relief, except for the fact that it was still a figurine as she feared. Indeed, inside the box was standing a 11 inches’ figurine of a female warrior. Long brown hair tied to the side into a ponytail. A blue hakama over a white kimono. Long black tights.

Yuki surely didn’t miss either all the accessories inside the box: a bow, arrows, a quiver. The signs were evident: it had to be an archer. Finally, Yuki’s eyes fell on the last accessory. It was a miniature of an aircraft carrier. Wait. What? This last accessory didn’t go at all with the rest! Who on earth was that?

“Kaga!” Mayu’s cheerful voice gave it away, and she watched her in incredulity as she started removing the figurine from the box to take a better look at it. “Thank you so much, Jurina!”

Yuki observed her girlfriend kissing Jurina’s cheek the moment after, a beaming smile plastering all over the SKE member’s face at the reaction her gift managed to provoke. Yuki couldn’t hold it anymore. Too many questions were currently juggling in her head. She had to let it out.

“Who is it, Mayuyu?” she asked hesitantly, only to see her girlfriend turning to face her hurriedly, and showing proudly the box in her hands.

“It’s Kaga, one of the characters from Kantai Collection!” she explained enthusiastically. “See all those accessories?” she continued, pointing at the small objects stuck to the plastic box. “That’s what she uses to fight in battle. In the anime, the arrows transform into planes that take off from her aircraft carrier to spy the enemy’s positions. Just as Akagi, her role is essential in combat. Both are great and charismatic female warriors!”

Yuki believed to have listened to Mayu’s explanation very attentively, so why on earth didn’t a single word make sense to her? “When did you start watching that show?” she asked the question that was now burning her lips. Even though she didn’t share her undivided passion for 2D characters, she couldn’t have possibly missed it if Mayu suddenly became a fan of a new anime. The latter wouldn’t have waited a minute to mention it during one of their conversations.

“Last week, when you were in Osaka for the shooting of a TV commercial,” Mayu replied casually, her eyes glued on the figurine as she was removing carefully the sticky tape that was keeping in place the figurine and the accessories. “It was on my watching list for months. It was long overdue!”

“This show is entirely composed of female characters,” Jurina chimed in, catching immediately Yuki’s attention. Wait; Jurina had watched it too? And it appeared she had not been the only one, considering Rena’s small nod by her side. “My favorite is the main character, the funny and clumsy Fubuki, but Rena has a soft spot for Nagato, the serious commander who relays orders from the admiral to the fleets.”

Yuki could progressively feel her head spinning due to the overflow of information. Too much. It was just too much. Still, she mustered her best, polite smile. All three girls seemed very enthusiastic about this TV animated show she had never heard about, and she felt it best to keep - for once - her true feelings to herself. Maybe Mikasa Ackerman wasn’t so bad, after all.

At least, there was only one of them.

Yuki, who was finishing tidying up the kitchen, stole a peek at the two Matsui who were watching the concert playing on the television. A few famous Japanese artists had been invited for the special live event, and the joyful Christmas songs were now sounding pleasantly in the living room.

As soon as the exchange of presents was over they had lunch, a meal Yuki was quite proud to have prepared all by herself. Of course, Mayu offered kindly to help, but she wanted to hear none of it. Six months ago, she made the decision to take cooking classes, which she had followed every week diligently. For this special occasion, she wanted to show that all her hard work had finally paid off.

The meal was a great success: her cooking skills were praised by every girl at the table. A year ago, she may have seriously doubted the sincerity of their words, and believed they were just trying to be polite. Not this time. They meant every word, and it reassured her to know she was not a lost cause after all. She would probably never manage to reach Jurina’s incredible level – Yuki strongly believed the girl to have a natural ability when it came to cooking – but at least now she was able to make a very decent meal.

It had been so long since the four friends had been reunited, that Yuki truly didn’t see time passing by. There was so much catching up to do! Of course, Yuki had been able to meet Jurina a few times lately due to the release of AKB’s recent single, but she hadn’t seen the older Matsui at all since her graduation. The moment they started exchanging a few words, Yuki was pleased to realize their conversations still felt as natural. 

In fact, she was saddened when she learned the other girl wouldn’t be able to join them in July for their annual week holiday, recalling the nice time they spent the four of them together the year before. It was undeniable they had a great dynamic as a group, but Yuki also had to admit she really appreciated the company of Rena during that week, discovering aspects of her personality she would never had suspected.

At some point during lunch, one detail in particular caught Yuki’s attention. Both Matsui were wearing a silver ring on their finger; Rena on her index finger, and Jurina on her ring finger. Yuki did notice well this particular silver ring on Jurina’s finger these last past months, but she didn’t think too much about it until now, taking it as a simple accessory the younger girl was visibly very fond of.

Now that she saw a ring on Rena’s finger that looked very similar to hers, she couldn’t shake the feeling that those were matching rings. Yuki was more than used to seeing both girls wearing matching outfits; they did it plenty of times in the past. However, a little voice inside her head was telling her there was more to read in those similar silver rings. That’s why she couldn’t keep it to herself any longer when she saw Mayu entering the kitchen to bring her the last plates from the table.

“Mayuyu.” She waved at her discreetly, making sure her voice was low enough to prevent both Matsui from catching their conversation. Just to be cautious enough she stole a quick peek at the two girls, relieved when their attention was still entirely monopolized by the screen as they were visibly debating the current performance of Ayumi Hamasaki on the English Christmas song, Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

Mayu who was putting the plates away in the dishwasher caught Yuki’s whisper and she tilted her head at her, arching an eyebrow at her curious behavior. Still, she approached without a word, Yuki finally letting out the question that had been burning her lips for so long. “Did something happen between Jurina and Rena that you didn’t tell me?”

“What?” Mayu frowned at her, not missing the expectant look she was giving her. “What do you mean by that?”

“The matching rings,” Yuki stressed. “Don’t tell me you didn’t notice?”

“Of course, I did,” Mayu confirmed, failing completely to see where she was getting at. “What about it?”

Yuki stared at her for a few, long seconds, trying to gauge the situation. So, Mayu had indeed noticed the matching rings as she expected, but it appeared by her clueless look that she was not drawing the same conclusions as her at all. Could it only be the fruit of her wide imagination, then? Consequences of her disillusioned mind? But Jurina was wearing her ring on her ring finger. It was not any random finger. When did Jurina do anything by chance anyway? Yes, Rena had opted for a different finger, but what if it was only a trick to cover the truth?

Yuki nibbled on her lower lip in hesitation. On one hand, it was getting harder and harder to keep her theory to herself. In her mind, a few elements were supporting it, and she couldn’t ignore what she had seen during lunch. On the other, she didn’t want to make a fool of herself if she happened to be completely off-track. Indeed, one element in particular was making her slightly doubt the veracity of her theory. Jurina shared pretty much everything with Mayu. As such, it was very unlikely she would have kept something so important from her.

Or would she?

“Wait…” Yuki got extracted from her thoughts at the sound of Mayu’s voice, her girlfriend who was now staring back at her with a look full of incredulity. “Don’t tell me you believed they got… married?”

Yuki felt the embarrassment raising to her cheeks when Mayu started to laugh freely. “Why not?” She still defended herself, trying to prove her point. “It wouldn’t be so improbable!”

“You’re right,” Mayu quipped, Yuki’s persistence only serving in increasing her mirth. “They secretly got married one week-end without anyone noticing!”

Even though Yuki now realized how stupid her theory had been when confronted with the facts, she couldn’t help but feel a bit frustrated when Mayu’s laughing didn’t show any sign of stopping. So absorbed by her conversation with Mayu, she jumped a little when she heard Jurina’s curious voice suddenly sounding from the sofa. “Who secretly got married?”

Yuki winced, meeting Mayu’s amused look as she pondered what to reply. The other girl was progressively calming down and brushing her tears away, but it was obvious by her lasting silence she should not expect any help from her to extract herself from this awkward moment. Considering Jurina’s question, it was clear she had only overheard the last part of their conversation. It was a small, but undeniable consolation.

A tentative smile formed on Yuki’s lips as she glanced towards the living room, noticing immediately the way Jurina was gazing at her in great interest. “N-No one. It was just a misunderstanding.”

Yuki didn’t believe her tone to be very convincing but to her relief Jurina didn’t insist, instead turning to pay attention to the screen again. Yuki felt a light tap on her shoulder and she tilted her head, delight still dancing on Mayu’s lips. She let out a small sigh in resignation. “I really got it all wrong, didn’t I?”

“You got it wrong this time,” Mayu confirmed, but Yuki nevertheless started to feel a little better when her girlfriend comforted her with a kiss on the cheek. “But who can predict the future?”

Yuki widened her eyes slightly at the enigmatic words, and she followed Mayu’s gaze as she was now observing both Matsui sitting on the sofa. A smile progressively moved to Yuki’s lips as she witnessed them exchanging casually a kiss, admitting Mayu was entirely right.

She was no more fortune teller than Mayu; there was no way to tell what the future had in store for their two precious friends. However, she wanted strongly to believe the time of tears and struggle was finally behind them. Life was short. Too short. Didn’t they deserve to be finally happy?

TO BE CONTINUED IN 2017

Author's note: Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you'll have a lovely day. This is the last chapter of Destiny for the year. The next and final arc of the story will start in January! I want to thank everyone who leave 'likes' or/and comments on my stories. I do love writing for this beautiful ship, but feedback motivates me a great deal to keep on. Please keep supporting me in 2017  ;)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 06:25:15 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline Genkikid

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (14/?) [WMatsui] (25/12/2016)
« Reply #514 on: December 25, 2016, 02:37:56 AM »
Ooohhh another new ark!!!   :cow: :cow:

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #515 on: December 26, 2016, 11:46:52 PM »
Thank you very much for the update.
Yukirin and his thoughts. Terribly funny.

Merry Christmas!

Offline genkingblack

• not hiatus/abandon my fics but really have no time to write.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • タマです
    • genkingblack
« Reply #516 on: December 27, 2016, 07:06:17 AM »
Hey soph, am not that late right?
As usual i read yours in tumblr (easier, imo)

I can't comment anything except now getting worried about the new conflict.
On previous chapter i can't help but sing along

Met you by surprise~~

Literally not reading but singing the whole song lol  :lol:
My Projects :
GenkingBlack's Vault [OS/Short Stories] Last update 4-Apr-17
Brave Enough On Going Last update 16-Mar-17
Love is Serious, When War is Involved   Hiatus Last Update 12-Mar-17
Heartsmith | On Going Last Update 19-Oct-17
Hidden Vault | Perv Section

Offline Bukiyou Taiyou

• Member+
« Reply #517 on: December 27, 2016, 01:26:33 PM »
So, Rena got a new haircut. Her medium-long brown wavy hair surely looked good on her. As a Rena-oshi, I approved hehe..  :vv:

My heart only belongs to R
Jurina is cutely cheesy. I don’t mind though.  That's how she is. :on lol:
I told you I'm happy that WMatsui spent Christmas together with MaYuki. I really like these two OTPs. :hee:

Ps. Merry Christmas, author-san! Please keep writing!  :mon xmas2: :mon santa4: :k-wink:

Offline Guacamoolee

• Member+
  • Silent reader
« Reply #518 on: December 30, 2016, 11:47:26 AM »
Sophcaro~ Belated Merry Christmas!!!  :usagiii:  and Happy New Year!! :mon santa3:

Nice chapter Author-san!!
Since it's Christmas, I wonder if J gave something to R and vice-versa?  :mon huh2:
They really had a great time I'm so happy  :twothumbs

See you next year~

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
CHAPTER 15

The sales of the second single following Rena’s graduation were catastrophic. In fact, it was the first time in the history of SKE that a single managed to have such low numbers. Of course, Jurina knew that Rena’s departure would have consequences on the group. Rena was not just any random member, but one of the figureheads of SKE. When she left, many desperate fans lost their oshimen, and started showing less interest in the group. Despite being well aware of those facts, Jurina didn’t believe Rena’s graduation would hit them so badly.

Undeniably, fans were having a hard time accepting Ayuka as new WCenter, often calling in question her surprising and unexpected push. Why Ayuka? Why choose a 12-year-old and not very popular girl? Wasn’t a long-time member more legitimate to fill in Rena’s shoes? Jurina had tried to ignore all those negative remarks for months, but it was hard when they kept coming one after another, and increased tremendously at the beginning of January 2017 after the stinging failure of SKE’s latest single.

Jurina didn’t share this opinion in the least. In her eyes, Ayuka was perfectly capable of assuming Rena’s role, and the younger girl had definitely done everything in her power to meet management’s expectations. Ayuka had fought so much to prove that she deserved this great honor bestowed upon her. Whether alone or in the presence of other members, she had rehearsed songs and choreographies again and again with all her strength.

Jurina couldn’t be more proud of all the hard work her WCenter had accomplished since August. Despite her young age and the incredible pressure upon her shoulders, she never saw her slacking off a single time. She was a studious student during rehearsals and followed each one of her instructions obediently, never protesting when it sometimes meant spending very long hours in the dancing room to perfect her moves.

However, it appeared not all fans shared her opinion on the matter, and SKE’s management seemed to follow the same route. Of course, the staff never said anything in public, but Jurina could tell by their troubled expression that SKE’s recent bad sales were making them progressively doubt in Ayuka’s true capacity to assume a leading role along her side.

A few times, Jurina had broached the subject with Yuasa, assuring him that the younger girl was in no way responsible for the single’s low sales. The group was going through a rough patch because of Rena’s recent departure, and fans still needed more time to adjust to the situation, and accept Ayuka. However, as evasive Yuasa remained about the tricky subject of Ayuka’s future in the group, Jurina knew he didn’t completely share her faith in Ayuka.

The next single of SKE was supposed to be released in late March – three months from now - and, after the recent setbacks, it didn’t take a genius to figure out management was seriously considering the idea of replacing Ayuka. No matter how many times Jurina supported Ayuka publicly and repeated to management more privately that the girl deserved another chance, she was well conscious that she wouldn’t be the one making the final decision.

Yes, her opinion was valued and management listened to what she had to say. However, one thing was certain. If the staff decided it was best to choose another girl to ensure the durability of the group, then she would have no other choice but to bend to management’s will.

Jurina knew that Ayuka had already been affected by the limited success of their summer song. At the time, the younger girl had covered her disappointment with a polite smile. However, her dismay had clearly showed when the news of the catastrophic numbers of the following single came out a few weeks ago.

Ayuka was still working hard and doing everything that was asked of her, but Jurina didn’t miss her mood darkening slightly day after day. Until now, it seemed Ayuka was holding on nevertheless but today, as they were finishing rehearsing their dance move in preparation of an upcoming showcase in Nagoya, her accumulated fatigue had visibly managed to get the best of her.

Jurina didn’t realize immediately what was going on as she was busy preparing her gym bag to take off and call it a day, but she became aware of Ayuka’s distress when she caught the small voice addressing her tiredly.

“Maybe what they are saying is true," Ayuka whispered in a slight trembling voice. “Maybe management should replace me on the next single.”

Jurina stopped instantly what she was doing to turn and look at her in surprise, feeling a pang in her chest when she witnessed the tears springing to her eyes. After months of keeping her thoughts and feelings to herself, it appeared she was finally willing to let it out. It should be a good thing that she was finally confiding in her. After all, Jurina had long ago stated Ayuka was free to come and talk to her whenever she seemed fit, even more when something was troubling her. However, it was always heartbreaking to watch another group member cracking in front of you. No matter how many times it happened in the past, it was impossible to stay indifferent.

“Don’t say that,” Jurina protested gently, reducing the distance to brush away the few tears now rolling down her cheeks. “You are doing great. Don’t give up, Ayuka.”

“Jurina-san is always so nice with me.” Ayuka smiled faintly. “But I’m not naïve. Things started to fall apart when I was appointed WCenter. How… How can I not be held responsible!?”

“Look at me,” Jurina requested, holding her cheeks when the younger girl started avoiding her gaze. “You are not to blame for all this. Do you hear me?”

Despite her statement, Jurina knew Ayuka was having difficulty agreeing with her. Her sobbing was showing no sign of stopping – even now increasing a little - and she was still refusing to meet her eyes, in a mix of shame and despair. When words unfortunately didn’t have the desired effect Jurina pulled the younger girl into her arms, realizing her WCenter was definitely in need of physical comfort when she immediately leaned her head on her shoulder.

With her left hand, she caressed Ayuka’s back gently, while listening sadly to the manifestation of her WCenter’s distress. What could she possibly add to calm her down? No, Ayuka was not naïve. She may be very young, she was completely aware of her surroundings and of what people were saying behind her back. Thankfully, members were nothing but supportive and really encouraging her, but not the same could be said about all the fans and a part of the press.

Jurina couldn’t help but see some similarities with the situation she had herself been going through when she was suddenly introduced to AKB’s fans with Oogoe Diamond. Fans were viewing with a jaundiced eye her unexpected presence alongside AKB’s center Atsuko Maeda. Who was that newcomer who was daring to steal the spotlight from other girls? Jurina would never forget all the negative comments she had received at the time, nor the fans that manifested their disapproval by refusing to shake hands with her during handshakes events.

It was a very difficult period of her life, Jurina would not deny it. Oh yes, the idea of quitting had crossed her mind more than a few times. Tears would also flow down her cheeks when she had had too much, hiding carefully her sorrow in a quiet room where no one could see the allegedly strong ace of SKE breaking down. However, she was convinced those moments of hardship shouldn’t only be viewed in a negative light. Not only they had helped her grow as a human being, they had also shaped her into the strong-willed and successful idol she now was.

Jurina held the other girl close for a little while, relieved when she heard the crying progressively decreasing. Despite it, Jurina guessed Ayuka still needed to get a few more things off her chest, and she invited her to take a seat with her when she appeared more calm. When she set her eyes on her again, the first thing she noticed were her puffy eyes and rosy cheeks. A part of her wished Ayuka had not kept her emotions bottled up inside all his time. But after all, wasn’t it common for them to keep their true feelings to themselves? Wasn’t it a core value implanted into every little girl and boy’s mind at a very young age?

Checking briefly the time on the clock, Jurina realized Ayuka’s mom was supposed to come and pick her up in roughly thirty minutes. It wasn’t much, but Jurina was well decided to take advantage of that time to restore Ayuka’s confidence.

“SKE is entering a new era, and things will never be the same anymore,” Jurina started, noting she now had Ayuka’s full attention. “Change is always hard to accept, whether for members or fans; but what other choice do we have? I love SKE, and I know how much the group means to you too. This is a difficult period of transition, and you are hearing unpleasant things but… fans barely know you. It’s destabilizing for them to see a new face, especially after being used to Rena’s presence for so many years. They need time. Time to learn more about you and like you. After the next single, I have faith they will realize you are a perfect match for that position.”

Jurina paused, and watched attentively Ayuka who seemed to be processing everything she had just uttered. Somehow, she could tell by her lasting silence that she was not entirely convinced, and still doubting herself. She didn’t really expect any less. Yes, she had tried to make her words as sincere as possible, but they had no magical power. You couldn’t change someone’s opinion so easily, especially when many external factors were playing against you.

As seconds went by and Ayuka didn’t reply, Jurina ended up believing their conversation may be truly over. Nevertheless, she mulled it over in her head what else she could add to reassure her once again, until the latter broke the silence in the most unexpected way.

“Everyone misses Rena-san. Fans, members. You both were the perfect WCenters, and no one will able be able to match your level. I didn’t know Rena-san very well, but I miss her too. I miss her so much.”

Jurina was momentarily caught off guard by the admission and the evident melancholy in Ayuka’s voice, trying to understand the reason behind it. It is true to say Rena and Ayuka had never been really close while in SKE, mainly because the young kenkyuusei had always been way too impressed by the charismatic aura surrounding the older Matsui to approach her. However, Jurina was starting to get an idea of why she had suddenly mentioned SKE’s former figurehead.

Jurina was conscious it was not an easy task for Ayuka to assume such important position. She would never forget the emotion submerging her when they found themselves alone after Yuasa announced the senbatsu composition of their summer single. Evidently, Ayuka would have preferred if Rena was still in SKE. Not only because she was one of the leading members who contributed to a large extent to the group’s popularity, but also because she wouldn’t have then the heavy task of replacing her.

“I miss her too,” Jurina confessed, a certain nostalgia invaded her as the words left her lips naturally. “But Rena is gone, now. We need to accept it and move on. It’s essential for the survival of SKE.”

Even though she believed deep down every word she had uttered, it was still a bit painful to admit the truth. Rena had been gone for six months now, but the consequences of her graduation could still be felt after all this time. Jurina didn’t fool herself into believing SKE would get over it fine and fast. On the contrary. After all, had it not taken her months to accept the harsh reality that Rena would never be by her side in SKE anymore?

However, Jurina wanted to believe SKE would overcome this difficult moment of transition in time. She adored SKE with all her heart, and every member had worked very hard to transform the small sister group of 2008 into a solid, popular group. Of course, their sales numbers couldn’t compete with those of their mother group, but they had nothing to be ashamed of when you saw how many SKE members were well ranked during the general elections.

Giving up was not an option. In a few years, when SKE would have found worthy successors to Rena and her, then she would gladly pass the torch and graduate. Until then, she was going to keep representing SKE and prove to the whole country that Rena’s graduation didn’t sign the end of the group. As of Ayuka, she had indisputable potential to be the next ace, and Jurina hoped management wasn’t going to waste her talent.

Jurina couldn’t possibly ignore how exhausted she felt when she arrived that evening at Rena’s apartment. A little voice inside her head was telling her it wouldn’t take her long to reach the bedroom and sleep, yet she didn’t regret one bit having that important conversation with Ayuka. When they split up, she could sense by the younger girl’s sincere smile as she waved her goodbye that she felt a little more appeased.

A pleased smile crept upon Jurina’s face when she noticed Rena preparing dinner, and she entered the kitchen once she placed her coat in the hallway and removed her shoes. A small sigh left her lips when the older girl greeted her with a warm hug, taking the necessary time to relish the comfort of her girlfriend’s arms.

These last four months, they had been able to see each other practically every day, considering most of Rena’s jobs occurred in Nagoya. To be honest, Jurina had been startled about this discovery, really expecting the older girl to travel often between Nagoya and Japan’s capital, and for longer periods of time. As curious as it was, she never questioned her about it once.

First, Jurina was never one to meddle into Rena’s career and second, she had to admit she appreciated having her girlfriend by her side so much. No, Rena was not in SKE anymore, but she was still able to see her on a daily basis as if nothing happened. Somehow, that fact made all the changes occurring in her professional life easier to accept.

After that, Jurina joined the bedroom to take a quick shower, her sleepiness reaching a new level when a yawn inadvertently escaped her lips on the way. Oh yes, her head was definitely going to hit the mattress as soon as she would have finished dinner. No television for her tonight. Once her shower was over the young ace took a seat on the side of the bed to finish getting dressed, her thoughts wandering back unconsciously to Ayuka and the future of SKE.

Next month, management was going to take a decision regarding the fate of her WCenter. Were they going to listen to her advice and renew their faith in her? Or SKE was going to know their third WCenter in six months? Jurina refused to imagine the look on Ayuka’s face if they chose to replace her. The poor girl was going to be devastated, and evidently take it as a sign of failure.

Ayuka didn’t deserve such a treatment, but Jurina believed to already have done everything in her power to prove her worth. Now, Ayuka’s fate was in management’s hands, and Jurina really hoped they would make the right decision when the senbatsu for the next single would be announced.

Rena’s voice warning her dinner was now ready jolted her out of her thoughts, and she stood up to join her. On her way out she took a brief peek at Rena’s desk, her curiosity piqued when she discovered a thick script resting on the table. The temptation was impossible to resist and she turned the first pages, understanding by Rena’s few written notes in the margin that she had been offered a new role.

Her concern for Ayuka fell at the back of her head as she rejoiced this great news, her immediate thought being to congratulate the older girl. However, she guessed something was not right when she entered the kitchen, and her girlfriend greeted her with a slight nervous look when she mentioned enthusiastically the script she had seen on her desk.

Jurina frowned at her peculiar reaction. Shouldn’t Rena be happy about the new job opportunity she had received? If she had already made notes, it was evident she was seriously considering accepting. So why was her enthusiasm met with an unusual, lasting silence?

“About that…” Rena started hesitantly, Jurina’s confusion increasing a notch when she took a seat at the table, and the older girl seemed to be searching her words as she was pouring miso soup in their bowls. “I haven’t accepted it yet, because I wanted to talk to you about it first.”

Jurina stared at her in bewilderment, processing her words as the older girl was now taking a seat opposite her. Since when did Rena need her opinion about a role? Until now, she had always managed her career alone, leaving her out of the decision process. Jurina never minded it and even less felt offended by it. Rena was a very independent person, who always preferred to make her own decisions by herself.

Jurina understood it, and accepted it perfectly. It was Rena’s career; she had no business butting in. That was Jurina’s core belief. So why was Rena suddenly acting as if she needed her permission? It didn’t make sense at all. Unless…

Wait. Now that she thought about it, there had been a contentious issue between them recently. A certain scene Rena had chosen to shoot without warning her beforehand, an omission that led them to have a serious conversation when Rena returned from Kyoto in September. Could it be the reason for Rena’s hesitation?

“Are you… going to do kissing scenes?” Jurina asked, not feeling very hungry anymore as she gazed at her in mild apprehension. She couldn’t lie: the idea certainly didn’t appeal to her. It was unpleasant to imagine your partner kissing someone else on screen, especially when the kiss was not fake as you could expect, but very real. When she had recently finally caught up with Destiny she had refused to see any intimate scenes involving her girlfriend, and skipped them without the slight remorse. 

“No, nothing like that. My character doesn’t have any intimate scenes,” Rena quickly reassured her.

Jurina relaxed instantly. Of course, she never had any intention of protesting if the actress had announced it was indeed the case. Rena was in control of her career and she accepted every one of her decisions, even if they didn’t always really appeal to her. However, it was an undeniable relief that her prediction ended up being wrong. But then… what was it all about?

“You see…” Rena’s hesitant voice brought her attention back to her. “I’m not sure to accept because the shooting will be in Osaka, and is supposed to last for at least a month. I know SKE is going through a difficult time, and I’m not sure it’s wise for me to leave right now.”

So that was the reason, Jurina mused as she watched the older girl who had fallen quiet again. Jurina couldn’t help but look away, letting the news sink in. To be honest, she should have expected it. It was obvious Rena was not going to stay in Nagoya eternally. Of course, those four months they spent together were bound not to last.

Jurina nibbled on her lower lip, well aware of the other girl watching her attentively and waiting for her reaction from the other side of the table. Even though Rena had not specifically asked any question, she could read between the lines easily.

Jurina was deeply moved Rena was considering refusing a job for her sake in the light of the difficulties the group was recently going through. Her impulsive side wanted to ask her to stay in Nagoya, at least until SKE’s situation was more stable and Ayuka’s fate more clear. As long as she remembered Rena had always been her rock – a true moral support - and there was no denying that having her by her side those last months had been a great help to overcome the aftermath of her graduation.

But could she let her selfishness speak in regards of such an important decision? They weren’t teenagers anymore. At the age of twenty-five Rena had a solo career to manage, and she herself would be turning twenty in March, marking her passage to adulthood. There was no place for such childishness in their life anymore.

“Go to Osaka,” Jurina declared, refusing to listen to her selfish desires any longer and burying them deep inside her. When she noticed a flicker of doubt still present in Rena’s brown orbs she knew she had to put an end to it, and she immediately reached across the table to take her hand. “You don’t have to worry about me. I’ll be fine.”

It was sometimes very curious the paradox that could exist between what your mind was telling you to do, and what your heart truly wanted. It was not the first time Jurina found herself in a situation with such conflicted feelings. As she gave Rena a smile and laced their fingers together, she was conscious she was not completely honest with her. Did the older girl see through her lies?

If that was the case, then she didn’t say anything about it. After a little while, Jurina retracted her hand and tore her eyes away from her to look down to her untouched miso soup. Unconsciously, apprehension filled her chest progressively at the idea that they would be separated again, but she tried to ignore the unpleasant feeling. It was out of the question to hold Rena back. That thought in mind, she took her spoon and started to taste Rena’s soup, well decided not to come back on her words.

Two weeks later…

It was already dark outside that Thursday of late January when Jurina waited alongside Rena for her taxi to arrive. As she let her gaze wander around the small street of Nagoya and noted how very quiet it was, Jurina really wished she didn’t find herself so nervous at the imminent departure of her girlfriend. Somehow, she strongly believed two weeks would be enough for her to accept the idea of their new separation. After all, it definitely wasn’t the first time they were going to spend some time apart, and it wasn’t the longest time Rena would be away either. Despite being aware of those facts, it didn’t make things any better. Visibly, parting with Rena was something she still wasn’t able to get used to.

No matter how many times she tried to silence her selfish desires, a small part of her still somewhat wished the older girl had changed her mind along the way, and decided to stay in Nagoya. Each time she would hear that voice surfacing again she would silence it in a mix of frustration and shame. She was supposed to think as an adult; so why was the desire to keep Rena by her side remained so strong?

“I’ll call you as soon as I arrive at the hotel,” Rena spoke calmly as she turned to face her. “And of course, we’ll stay in contact on LINE every day.”

Jurina nodded, the current knot in her stomach preventing her from doing any more than that. She knew the taxi would arrive at any moment now, and she couldn’t help but pull the older girl into her arms. At first, the older girl didn’t reply to the embrace – visibly startled by its suddenness – until Jurina felt a pair of arms slipping around her neck progressively.

Jurina hummed lightly as she listened to the older girl whispering gentle, soothing words in her ear, trying to take the most of their last moment together. When she felt emotion starting to submerge her she closed her eyes shut firmly, refusing to let tears slide down her cheeks. Why on earth was she being so emotional? This wasn’t happening as planned. Her smile was the last thing Rena was supposed to see before entering the taxi.

When Rena pulled away to glance at her she mustered her best smile, but the older girl didn’t seem fooled by it considering her slight concerned look. Seeing the question starting to form on Rena’s lips she impulsively captured them into a kiss, but barely had time to relish the sensation of Rena’s soft lips against hers that the older girl pushed her away quickly.

Saying that she was taken aback by her reaction would be an understatement, and she tried to decipher the reason behind her action when she saw Rena staring back at her in shock. When the older girl diverted her attention from her to look around her in alert, that’s when the stupidity of her impulsive action hit her. She had just kissed Rena in public. Something they had promised each other to never do.

Jurina immediately scanned the dark street in concern, her heart beating a little faster inside her chest at the thought their relationship could have been discovered because of her recklessness. The air had become way heavier as they were both nervously checking that no one had witnessed such an intimate moment, but relief progressively spread through Jurina’s chest when there was not a living soul in sight.

Still, she was feeling terribly guilty at what she had dared to do in public, and the apology left her lips naturally. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to. I…”

“It’s… it’s fine,” Rena interrupted her gently when she started babbling, incapable of finding the right words to justify her action. “No one saw us. It’s fine.”

Jurina realized the older girl truly didn’t hold it against her when a sincere smile plastered her face, and she placed a soft kiss against her cheek the moment after. In the distance, Jurina noticed the headlights of a taxi approaching, and she knew the moment of the separation had finally arrived. Taking a step back she watched carefully the older girl who was now looking in the taxi’s direction expectantly, trying to imprint every little detail of her face inside her mind.

For a month, they would have to settle for simple conversations on LINE and occasional video calls. They had been going through a similar situation already when Rena was shooting Destiny in Kyoto, but Jurina knew she was going to miss the physical contact the most. Hours of chatting could simply never replace your girlfriend’s gentle kisses or her warm embrace.

When the taxi arrived at their level Rena let the driver place her suitcase inside the trunk, and she turned to pull Jurina into a tight embrace one last time. The young ace smiled when a lingering kiss was placed against her cheek, and her heart fluttered when – just before stepping inside the taxi - Rena didn’t forget to renew her affection for her in the form of three little words.

TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:08:32 AM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing