JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Uehara Takako - my first love

Author Topic: Hello! Pro shopping guide for Tokyo  (Read 46012 times)

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
Hello! Pro shopping guide for Tokyo
« on: August 20, 2007, 08:22:57 PM »
First the official shops:
Shibuya:

If you stand where the red line begins, you only have to go to the first building right to the building with starbucks. On the right side of the main entrance is a sign with names of shops in the building ordered by the floor, so the last (down) is ハロプロジェクト... (HelloProject...). Just go in and turn left to go to the escalator down. On the next floor use the escalator again to go down one more floor and you'll see the Hello Project official shop logo/name on your way down.

JPH!P User-experiences:
Quote from: Shinora on August 21, 2007, 03:27:18 AM
i might add, the one in shibuya was pretty tricky, for me at least.  'cuz theres two building that shares the same names shibuya 109 and shibuya 109-2.
(... and the H!P Strore is in 109-2!)
Harajuku: < SUPPOSEDLY CLOSED IN FEB. 2010, DON'T BLAME ME IF YOU CAN'T FIND IT

Take the Takeshita-dori exit at Harajuku (if you take the other one you'll have to walk down the street). The rest is self-explanatory. On the google earth picture is a parking space where the H!P Shop is located.
Quote from: Shinora on August 21, 2007, 03:27:18 AM
i might add, the one in shibuya was pretty tricky, for me at least.  'cuz theres two building that shares the same names shibuya 109 and shibuya 109-2.
(... and the H!P Strore is in 109-2!)
Harajuku: < SUPPOSEDLY CLOSED IN FEB. 2010, DON'T BLAME ME IF YOU CAN'T FIND IT

Take the Takeshita-dori exit at Harajuku (if you take the other one you'll have to walk down the street). The rest is self-explanatory. On the google earth picture is a parking space where the H!P Shop is located.
(2.6Mb, Xvid)

Ueno:

Go out of the Ueno station (in the direction of the Ueno park, zoo) and follow the red line (close to the rails) then follow the right street a little and on the left side is a building where a TV stands showing the H!P store or H!P stuff (I wonder how long the TV will stand there... may be outdated someday). Go in and either take the escalator to the 4th floor which looks probably like the photo or use the elevator and when you exit turn left. You will notice the H!P store pretty soon then. The entrance is on the right side.
(Note: when you buy something in this store you have to go "right" when facing the entrance, that will get you to the other door where people get their stuff. You can wait outside using the door and watch TV if you are buying a lot or many people are getting stuff too. They'll call your name when they are ready with your stuff)

How do I buy stuff @official H!P Stores?
When you enter the shop, either in front of the door (Ueno) or inside right next to the door are sheets of paper with tables on it and numbers as well as pencils. You take one sheet (or another if one is full) and a pencil and start shopping. You write the number into the right table (they either have captions or you just look for the first number) and behind the "x" the amount of the item you want. There are like two tables without a number above, you can fill in the number for which you can't find a suitable table here, or have to get an extra sheet if it's a special item. But don't worry, if it's a special item and you fill it in the regular sheet they will most likely give you the extra sheet at the cashier and tell you to fill it out (even though in this case, it may be difficult to get the item because you might have to write your name and telephone number in it which is useless if you live outside of Japan but that's really only a rare special case XD).
At the bottom of the sheet, there are three columns "name (in furigana)", "age" and "gender (male / female)". There are other fields above but you don't need to write in anything there.
You don't need to fill out all three if you can't remember what you have to fill in which field but you should be able to write your name (first or last one does not matter) in Katakana (I think Hiragana is also ok if you have serious trouble with Katakana) because they need it to shout your name when they are done getting your stuff from the stock (only really needed if you go away while they are getting it or if there are many people getting their stuff before you, otherwise they'll look at you or you'll notice when they are done and can go to them without having them call you). You can circle or cross your gender, no need to write the kanji.
When you are done filling out the sheet, go to the cashier and give them your sheet. You will have to pay at this point and you will get a receipt (reshīto) which you should keep because you will be most likely requested to give it to the person who gives you your stuff because they want to check if they got the right items. If there is currently a game or another special sales promotion they also need it to check for example the amount of money you paid and depending on that you get free cards etc. and then they stamp it.
Anyway... now they will put everything in a bag and you can leave with pride because everyone can see the hello! project logo on the bag  :wahaha:

Unofficial shops:
Nakano Broadway:

I've always been using the Tozai-Line to Nakano (T-01) and used the North Exit. Outside there is an crosswalk just a little right and in front a shopping street. Go forward all the time till the end and you will see what's in the second picture. Go in and use the first escalator (right) you see to the 3rd floor. Now you will only have to go straight forward (on the way left) until you see the name "TRIO2". The shop is in the corner of the building and next to an escalator.
You can buy photocards, dvd magazines other tour goods as well as other store goods there. They also have a decent collection of magazines (mostly second hand if not all) like "Up To Boy" and others I don't know.
If you look around the building you will find showcases with few H!P stuff at other places too, but I don't know if they also sell it there XD but I think so.
Thanks to someone at H!O for his/her guide for this shop which I used first :)

Akihabara:

If you take the "Akihabara Electric Town" exit at Akihabara you will find a familiar street like the one on the google earth picture if you go left after passing the ticket gates (going right isn't much of a problem but won't fit perfectly to my description :P ).
Following the red line will bring you to a store with a huge selection of H!P DVDs and CDs (mostly used stuff). They sell H!P stuff like on the first floor (going upstairs once). Even though it seems to have more stuff than other stores at akiba, it also turned out to be the most expensive one (imho) at least for DVD Magazines and FC releases...but I also got a used Waracchaou yo BOYFRIEND single-v for 84yen there XD. Picture two and three are shops you will find if you go down the street (yellow line). I can't tell you for sure where they are because everything looks alike on google earth maps XD but they are all on the main street after the crossing where the first store is. Going down the street the shop in the second picture is on the right side and the third on the left of the street.
They are both taken from the same point, I just turned around. If you go right from the view of the second picture (the arrow on the 2nd pic) you will see another shop that sells DS games/other games and maybe anime stuff dunno lol, but if you take the elevator or stairway to the...XYZ floor (I think it was the 3rd or 4th but can't remember correctly I only know that 7 and 8 were Japan AV floors  XD :P) you find yet another shop with a quite good selection of H!P stuff (DVD, CD), I found a DVD there which I didn't found in all other stores before (Promised Land DVD).
There are maybe 2 or 3 more shops with DVDs and CDs but one of them didn't sold Berryz Koubou stuff for some reason which made me hate them :P and the other have only a very small selection.
Note: If you are going to like a Morning Musume concert or Berryz Koubou concert etc. don't... DON'T buy DVD Magazines in those shops at Akiba of that group because they are much much cheaper if you buy them at the concert! (They sold 1-9 at the Berryz Koubou concert iirc as well as some other DVDs which Kanji I could not read)

EDIT:
note: on my trip in 08 I noticed some shops in Akihabara moved around the street so you won't find them all as seen on the picture anymore. Just look for the liberty sign to find them or just go into shops randomly (always good) and see if they have something of interest)

If you know better, more, other cool places tell us about them in this thread, ok? :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 03:06:25 PM by nachdenki »
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: H!P shopping guide for Tokyo
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 08:25:14 PM »
Wow nice work, thanks! This will come in handy.

Offline Pinkosa

• (:
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 08:33:31 PM »
Ohhh awesome! I'll send this to my friend who lives there  :) Thanks~

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 09:34:09 PM »
GJ!!!!!

Remind me to stickify this thread when it starts to fall down from the first page XD
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 09:49:34 PM »
Epic post.

I had no idea of the unofficial ones. :D

Offline Koolmon93

• Member+
  • Karaoke is srs bznz.
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 01:07:15 AM »
Ooh, this may come in handy in a couple of years. Someone needs to track these stores down and buy that damn Tomoiki single dammit!

*Set by Gypchan*

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 02:14:09 AM »
Tokyo 2k8!  Then add Soapland attractions!

Offline Shinora

• konkonism: the path to enlightenment
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 03:27:18 AM »
i might add, the one is shibuya was pretty tricky, for me at least.  'cuz theres two building that shares the same names shibuya 109 and shibuya 109-2.
wow, i didn't know there was an unofficial shop at akihabara, i bet i walked past that place at least 3 times -_-
[
For us Konno fans, logic and evidence can't explain why we love her, or why every day is Konno Day. - Slack

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 10:26:49 AM »
i might add, the one is shibuya was pretty tricky, for me at least.  'cuz theres two building that shares the same names shibuya 109 and shibuya 109-2.
wow, i didn't know there was an unofficial shop at akihabara, i bet i walked past that place at least 3 times -_-
I've add your experience to the main post  :D

I think it's a chain in Akihabara because most of the shops that sold H!P CDs and DVDs had that sign shown in the 2nd Akiba pic (it's "liberty", right?). But they have a different amount of H!P stuff and some even differ in prices a little (therefore maybe in quality too).
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread

Offline chibilolli

• Uh Wha?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gaki Gay Lord
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 08:32:25 PM »
Thanks for this. I could've done with this in April because me and my nephew couldn't find the Harujuku store. Found the Shibuya one easy though (with the help of a very nice Japanese guy who didn't know Hello!Project but could tell me where the 109-2 building was).

Will use this in September :D

Offline Shinora

• konkonism: the path to enlightenment
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 04:41:47 AM »
i actually visited this one store at akihabara that sold a lot of random stuff and one corner of the store was for H!P stuff, 90% of the stuff they sold we DVDs of all kinds. 

Another thing is that there are alot of unofficial stores at Takeshita.  One that I would highly recommend is the one that u have to go up the stairs beside the lolita cosplay shop, sorry for the vague description, its on the left side assuming u entered from the JR exit.  They sell alot of old photocards, FC merchandise, concert tickets, autographs (i bought my 6th gen autograph there), as well as a lot of Johnny's stuff.  Actually, i was the only guy in that store while i was looking for stuff, the rest are johnny fangirls -_-
[
For us Konno fans, logic and evidence can't explain why we love her, or why every day is Konno Day. - Slack

Offline misugi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 07:27:57 AM »
Thanks a lot.  I'm planning on going to Japan this Nov, this will be great help. :)

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 01:54:44 PM »
i actually visited this one store at akihabara that sold a lot of random stuff and one corner of the store was for H!P stuff, 90% of the stuff they sold we DVDs of all kinds. 

Another thing is that there are alot of unofficial stores at Takeshita.  One that I would highly recommend is the one that u have to go up the stairs beside the lolita cosplay shop, sorry for the vague description, its on the left side assuming u entered from the JR exit.  They sell alot of old photocards, FC merchandise, concert tickets, autographs (i bought my 6th gen autograph there), as well as a lot of Johnny's stuff.  Actually, i was the only guy in that store while i was looking for stuff, the rest are johnny fangirls -_-

Listen to this man, as he speaks the truth!  ;)

Yeah, i went crazy over teh stuff inside that store too.  :)

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 02:29:16 PM »
You are talking about the reseller in Harajuku (Takeshita-dori) ?
They even have a website, http://www.gorakudoh.co.jp/top.htm. I bought my first Momo photocard there XD and the tickets.
I'll try to add the location on a map later. But you can also find it on their page with a photo of the front.

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 02:36:16 PM »
yeah, that's the one!  :D ---------> http://www.gorakudoh.co.jp/syozaiti.htm

Offline Shumatsu Samurai

• もっちぃ
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Hello! Pro shopping guide for Tokyo
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 12:32:57 PM »
So, which store would you recommend for PBs, especially older/popular ones?
Where else should/could one go to look for them?

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2007, 07:45:44 PM »
Wherever it is, we gotta hit it up during the 2K8 JPHiP Tokyo invasion. ;D

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 08:34:52 PM »
You can first check Hello! Project shops because they also sell some older PBs but popular ones are maybe sold out there.
If you don't find what you are looking for there, then from the shops I posted, the TRIO2 shop in Nakano may have some PBs. Or at least one of the shops at Akihabara (the one with the red dot, I'll add a photo of it...), but you won't find them where the other H!P stuff is because they are of course not classified as DVD or CD, so you'll have to go to Idol and AV floors to find them. There are plenty of other shops with PBs, it's just not always easy to find H!P ones. In Akihabara is also an Idol/AV shop where I bought B.L.T. issues, but can't remember having seen H!P PBs there tho.
There were even some very old H!P photobooks in a CD/DVD/Games shop in Kansai (where my Hotel was).

Offline Shumatsu Samurai

• もっちぃ
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007, 10:47:51 PM »
Thanks nachdenki for the info. I'll give it a try. If you have a guide to some good non-H!P shops, it would be highly appreciated.  :mon sweat:
*runs away*

That's in late 2008 right? I guess I should check it out before you guys go crazy over there  :mon misch:  XD
*hides*

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 12:14:37 AM »
That's in late 2008 right? I guess I should check it out before you guys go crazy over there  :mon misch:  XD
*hides*
Should be summer 2008, IIRC.  We really need to get things planned soon. :P

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Uehara Takako - my first love