JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AAA - Jewel

Author Topic: Cameras Photography and Photographers  (Read 25496 times)

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
Re: Cameras Photography and Photographers
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2011, 02:10:22 PM »
^Very nice :)  Thats actually Canons updated replacement to my camera, the 550D (T2i for those in the US).  It sounds like a very nice camera indeed from the writeups I've seen.  Everything mine has and then some real nice additions on top of that.

The tilt shift screen probably makes me the most envious since those can really be useful for low angle work (which mine doesn't have :(). 

I noticed earlier in the thread you said you wanted a DSLR for video work.  As an aspiring videographer myself, I'm curious as to what sort of video work you do.

Ahh, YES. I love my tilt shift screen. :grin: especially for awkward shots, I wont have to go in completely blind. XD I almost was thinking of getting the t2i like you have, but then this released and I couldn't resist, hehe. If you're ever looking to upgrade, I definitely suggest the t3i. :thumbsup

I do a variety of things for my video work. I actually haven't been able to shoot any video yet with my t3i, but since I'm on vacation right now, I might do a mini project and share. :thumbup I really enjoy doing kind of silly things, but I want to make a documentary eventually. Here's a JPH!P project that... needs work. :nervous I shot that with a bad camera and bad audio XD; But, I'm planning to get a Video Rode Mic for my t3i and start making it again!! (As I always say, but now that I have better gear, I have no excuse 8D;; )

DAMN!! looks like u were shooting from your ass Saiks XD
I was on yankii squatting for that photo :P

Back on the topic of photography... Here is a picture I took as an assignment to mimic Richard Avedon. My mom is a good sport. :lol: And just so you know, the picture isn't noisy, it was pouring rain to the point I could barely see with the naked eye. I had a plastic bag over my camera with the lens sticking out of a small hole so I wouldn't ruin the camera completely. XD

[All hail AiButt! Sig by Dinny!]

Offline Zorr

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2011, 06:00:29 PM »
^Ah, so you are a bit of a story teller.  I suppose I'd like to be too but I don't have any great idea's right now :lol:  I just tend to shoot, um, well I don't know what you'd call it really, kinda just artistic stuff I suppose XD

I watched your vid and I thought it was good :)  You had a good focused idea for your story, nicely composed shots and good pacing.  The quality of the video or audio doesn't really matter cause as I found out when I started shooting video, a good camera didn't automatically make me a good videographer :lol:  Fortunately I have gotten a bit better now.  But yeah, I've seen some superb amateur work shot on smart phones with real low res video.  Of course, the quality never hurts and if you can shoot a good vid on a cheapo camera, you can probably shoot a real amazing vid on a better one.

I reckon you'll be able to do some real good work with the T3i, especially once you get yourself some support gear like a good mic and the other accessories that seem all too necessary with a video DSLR.  Hopefully you'll post your work on the forum.  I always like to watch other people's works to try and learn from.  I'll be interested to hear how you find the Video Rode mic too.  I got a Zoom H1 since I tend to use the mic more for ambient noise rather than a specific source but I've been toying with the idea of getting a shotgun mic for specific applications.

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2012, 01:19:25 PM »
Still screwing around with HDR..

Koriyama Castle

Hasedera again
(Well fuck, it's only 20mins away by bicycle)

Offline Zorr

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2012, 05:26:29 PM »
^I absolutely love your photo's :D  You should be very proud of your work.

Could you please tell me where the second and third photo's were taken.

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2012, 01:48:51 PM »
^ Thanks!

All of them except for Koriyama Castle are of Hasedera.

Offline Ichigo_Pantsu

• "The Penetrator"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I'm a lover not a fighter!
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2012, 06:43:28 AM »
I own an old pentax ist *ds, will try to post some photoshoot shots of mine here  :)...good to see that there's a photography thread here (maybe I should become a regular poster here at jphip instead of just lurking  XD :P  :nervous)

Offline Smithy.

• ecchi
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2012, 11:08:58 AM »
I'm working as a freelance photographer for several years now :P
Currently have Canon EOS 5D Mark I and Sony NEX 3 cameras... am really excited for the new upcoming Nikon's D3200 thou, would probably get my hands on it when its released hehe :D

Offline yooshimen

• Member+
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2012, 12:31:30 PM »
My camera is Olympus uTough3000, shockproof 1,5m/5ft & waterproof 3m/10ft

Offline Ichigo_Pantsu

• "The Penetrator"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I'm a lover not a fighter!
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2013, 07:50:58 PM »
anyone here from italy or from any nearby european country?..I'll be in italy by june or july and would like to know if any of you guys know a retail store somewhere in italy on which I could purchase dlsr and dslr accessories...

Thanks in Advance!  :thumbsup :bow:

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2014, 12:05:33 AM »

I have a real love for toy cameras, and my absolute favourite one is the Digital Harinezumi. I got my first Harinezumi a good couple of years ago (2010, I think) - it's seen some abuse, has melted a bit in the sun and things, but it still works great.

Then in 2012, they released a new version (3.0) - more features, better hardware ... and bright neon colours. So I got myself a pink one :| I haven't really kept up with Harinezumi news following my latest purchase, but it seems they've released at least one new version since xD; None quite as striking as this pink beauty, though.

Anyway - The reason I love this camera is because it invites you to play around. You will never be able to take a perfect shot with it, this is not the camera you want to capture important vacation memories or events with, but it's an artistic toy where you can play around with images and colours. I feel like I'm still just learning how to use it, but a part of me never wants to really "figure it out".

I set up a gallery for my first Harinezumi a couple of years ago, my aim was to update it regularly, but that sort of dead-ended. I have decided to revive it now, and there are now 7 new pictures, 3 of them taken today! With my pink Harinezumi! I am so happy. I hope this pink doesn't melt in the sun like my old one did XD

Click through for more: http://hitorimoni.net

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AAA - Jewel