JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: After School - Rip Off (Korean Ver.)

Author Topic: TED - Ideas worth spreading  (Read 6775 times)

Offline xerony

• ecchi
  • Member+
TED - Ideas worth spreading
« on: September 03, 2012, 09:13:06 PM »
After talking a bit with Daigong on IRC I decided the geek needs some love!  :jphip:

I couldn't think of a better way than spreading ideas worth spreading.

For everyone who doesn't know TED. It's basically a website with video presentations on them.
You can find them on www.ted.com and several youtube channels.

Feel free to post your favorite TED talk. And be proud to be creative and study by yourself! (or something cool from another sources) :twothumbs

One of my favorite TED talks is: http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/susan_cain_the_power_of_introverts.html

Some other cool stuff http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html
http://www.ted.com/talks/daphne_koller_what_we_re_learning_from_online_education.html (free online education!!!)

I could post tons of other video's but my main point is that learning is cool. No matter what you learn! That includes art ladies and gentlemen. We do need a JPHIP style TED talk on why doing a butt dance is healthy!  :shakeit:

ps.
Some good places if you want to learn something: khan academy and Coursera (Coursera is presented in Daphne Koller her talk above)
And this one notorious website that seems to be good at making lists of some sorts http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/comments/cktxy/reddit_lets_compile_a_list_of_the_best_online/

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: TED - Ideas worth spreading
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 09:23:37 PM »
GJ X!! YEAH! I was wondering and it loaded with info, I think I came across it from my homie Anton. DEEP SHIT

I draw nuggets of LEADERSHIP and BAWS styles, how successful people in the industry get shit done. Such as

They have chapters all over the world, like in my town - but we gotta pay massive fees to watch - so FUCK we should have our own! :jphip: inspire one another with our knowledge of anything. Butts, Boobs, Legs, Gaming, Pop Culture XD

Offline JennyReign

• ecchi
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 07:30:49 AM »
Great lectures. I like how they are able to present thought provoking and complex stuff in ways normal people can understand

Offline ActionBala

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 07:56:15 PM »
Probably my favourite "educational" videos. The vetting is so rigorous that every single TED talk is amazing.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 03:21:26 AM »
What would you do for a TED Talk? Have you had to go and do a presentation and how did you deal with it? I did. And I used my crazy daigong dynamic and people got scared!! But those familiar with me. THEY LOVED IT. And fuckin set the standard, at least to be energetic and most importantly YOURSELF!!

Simon Sinek gets me thinkin everytime and re-evaluated and helped enforce ways to be a better leader for JPHiP, MHANiACS and BEYOND!!

even she got one! Comicbookgirl19 GO GIRL!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 03:53:49 AM »
MOTIVATION MONDAYS!!! Fuckin amazin weekend! Holy Moly!
Choose the People in Your Corner. What is the work you CANT NOT DO??

RIP Scott Dinsmore brother in law to Golden State Warriors General Manager Bob Myers, whom I first heard of on The Jim Rome show. really fuckin SNAP OUT OF YO FUNK moment listen it a few times it will CHANGE YO LIFE!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 02:06:12 AM »
I've seen a few. That have really pulled me through spiritual death and escaping psychological brokenness.

Mel Robbins. Just take that 5 seconds to NOT HESITATE GO DO IT 5-4-3-2-1 The 5 Second Rule. Whatcha waiting for! Don't let shit get to you? Don't hesitate to make that next big move!

:hipheart: continues to be my canvas to making the world a better place with tools of greatness Sam Berns puts it perfectly. The Happy Life.

Just go LIVE LIFE!!

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: After School - Rip Off (Korean Ver.)