JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: HY - Saa Ikou

Author Topic: X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)  (Read 15861 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2009, 09:13:52 PM »

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2009, 10:27:45 PM »
Damn, that was a pretty serious trailer.  Finally get to see a little action from Deadpool and a bit more from Gambit as well.  I get the feeling this movie is gonna be an action/special fx/fan service wankfest, but I'm going to enjoy every second of it.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 03:18:14 AM »
That new trailer is phat.
I'm still hopeful that Deadpool's usual crazy chatter from the comics is there, and that Ryan Reynolds can hopefully pull it off.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2009, 08:07:25 PM »
Oh my Gambit :heart:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2009, 07:04:34 AM »
Ryan Reynolds Talks Enthusiastically About Playing Deadpool

With X-Men Origins: Wolverine due out in theaters in only 48 more days, discussions on all things Marvel and X-Men and Wolverine have begun to flood the web. I know I'm not the only fan who's anxious to see Ryan Reynolds as the beloved sword wielding comic book character Deadpool in the movie. Reynolds was out promoting Adventureland this weekend and talked with a couple of websites, including specifically Collider and Latino Review. Given the whole Weapon XI fiasco that arose with the newest trailer (see here for more), these were some much needed updates from Reynolds his character's involvement.

Ryan Reynolds as DeadpoolReynolds says it initially "started out as a cameo and they added a little bit more… They added a bunch of mutants that the fanboys really love." After he finished shooting two other movies, he came back to add more. "We ended up going to do additional photography at the end of Wolverine because I still hadn't shot the lion's share of what I was supposed to shoot. So a lot of people thought they were adding scenes because they added more Deadpool, but it was just a function of me finishing the movie that I hadn't completed yet." I don't think anyone is going to complain about more Deadpool, but that explains some of the reshoots.

In regards to the character and the aforementioned Weapon XI confusion, Reynolds says, "I personally don't consider him as Deadpool, I consider him to be what Deadpool becomes… or the thing Deadpool came from." Meaning Wade Wilson, the mercenary who eventually becomes Deadpool. When asked about how much of his story we'll see, such as if we learn why he wears a mask (like he does in the comics), Reynolds said, "Well, it's an origin story, so again I don't consider myself playing Deadpool. I'm the thing that will eventually become Deadpool. But yea, he's scarred up. You're gonna see the scars. That's all in there."

And as for that Deadpool spin-off we've been hearing about, well, don't get your hopes until until after May 1st. "These things work pretty slowly. I've had a couple of people approach me about meetings for a Deadpool movie, but I think it's absurd to think that way until this movie comes out. And I don't even look at it like I play Deadpool in this movie. I really think I more or less play Wade Wilson, and I'm playing the creature that will eventually become Deadpool but in this movie it's his newly formed version." I know I can't wait to see X-Men Origins: Wolverine, if not just to see how awesome Reynolds is as Deadpool.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/03/14/ryan-reynolds-talks-openly-about-playing-deadpool/

Offline flamingmoe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2009, 05:55:23 AM »
A bootleg workprint of the movie has already been released on to the net. It looks complete except some CGI effects are unfinished. Personally, I found it a bit underwhelming. The story was rather simple despite the twists they tried to put in it. And the character development was weak. A lot of new characters are introduced, but the time isn't taken to flesh them out. I stopped reading comics long before most of these characters were introduced, so I had to google to find out who they were. From what little I read, I think hardcore fans are going to be disappointed with the way some of them turn out, especially Deadpool. Their origins and some of their powers are radically changed from what they were in the comics. And for a movie that's supposed to be about Wolverine's origin, it was pretty annoying to see them fast forward through a century of his life with a short montage of clips during the opening credits. Hopefully, the workprint isn't the final product, but I won't get my hopes up.

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 05:37:39 AM »
i heard the story was decent, but they changed a lot of stuff around. 

Spoiler,
Also heard they messed up Deadpool =( He doesn't even get his mask.  Hopefully he still has is wisecrack personality. Double R was perfect for that role.
word.

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2009, 04:31:34 AM »
The first screening ever was done in South Korea the other day... So far, positive reviews.

My hubbies, Daniel Henney (Agent Zero) and Hugh Jackman (Wolverine) went over there for press conferences(?) and to meet up with the fans/promote the movie. They were cute cool with each other; seems like they got along. :wub:

-O_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline mrhomiec

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2009, 06:59:36 AM »
some of you may know that my area of Tempe won the red carpet premiere.
but i thought i'd like to share some nasty stuff that happened because of it.
how poorly ran the movie staff, and city police handled things.
here are some links and comments from various websites concerning the big issue that happened at the harkins cinecapri.

http://typedink.com/nw/me.php?itemid=2453
"Tempe police said too many people were blocking and wanted the line started early, opened 2 doors where the line would be and told everyone to "run" which they did and injured 2 girls WHO Harkins did not care nor feel they should be given tickets."

http://www.kpho.com/entertainment/19278921/detail.html
"but overcrowding outside the theater was so severe some people were injured in the crush of the crowd."

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2009/04/wolverine_tickets_get_in_line.php
see user comments

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2009/04/jonathan_mcnamarawolverine_fan.php
"We decided to allow the line up early for everyone's safety."
"As a result, hundreds of X-Men fans were turned away when they showed up to start waiting in line at 9:00 p.m."

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2009, 10:16:24 AM »
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Will Have Multiple Secret Endings?!

http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=190&itemid=15014
http://www.beyondhollywood.com/foxs-latest-gimmick-to-get-you-to-see-wolverine-in-theaters-multiple-endings/

According to director Gavin Hood himself, FOX and Marvel Studios have placed “hidden multiple secret endings on different prints and theaters will be showing different versions” of said secret endings. Basically, depending on where you see the movie, you could be seeing one ending, while your buddies in another part of the country will be seeing an entirely different ending.

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline kosu

• The MegaPerv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Risa es la sal de la vida. Reina es mi reina.
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2009, 10:51:44 PM »
multiple endings ??

gimmick FTW

Offline flamingmoe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2009, 01:35:59 AM »
They're probably talking about the extra scene played after the credits, like how in Iron Man there was the Nick Fury cameo. At the end of the workprint I saw, there's suddenly a scene with Wolverine drinking at a bar in Japan (although the bartender looked more like a caucasian made up to look japanese).

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2009, 01:13:31 PM »
I saw it yesterday (only 10 peeps in the theater - so much for crowded - but then this is germany not america)
Never read the comics, I only saw the old animated series from the 90's and a handful of Eps of Evolution so I'm by no means an X-Men expert.
I liked it, but I can understand that hardcore fans are gonna be unhappy about all the changes that were made. Emma Frost anyone?
And I heard a lot of complaints that Wolvy isn't his bad ass grumpy self in this version and that it's a "girls movie" but on the other hand: this is the x-men universe - meanwhile there are so many facettes, AU's, relaunches, new interpretations of story's so just see this movie as another one.
Only thing I didn't like -and I can't believe this is coming from me  XD- it was all too clean and unbloody!

Edit: Crap, I just found out that we got to see a cencored version of the movie. F.U.C.K. U GERMANY!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 01:18:21 PM by coachie »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2009, 01:37:54 PM »
So did Dominic Monaghan have any lines in this movie?? lol he's supposed to be in supporting cast but I have not seen one picture or heard anything about him in this movie. Not even a glimpse in the trailers etc.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2009, 07:08:59 PM »
^ yeah he did  XD

I didn't even know he was in the movie, was a total surprise to see him.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2009, 06:27:22 PM »
Guess my hopes of Deadpool were too high.
I started reading marvel stuff around the civil war arc. and this Deadpool character I never heard of really suprised and impressed me.
But since the movie is labeled Wolverine, I guess I had that coming.  ;)

About that multiple end-credit mini-ending. No spoilers. :-*
The one I watched had a highway. Anybody saw another version?

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2009, 06:45:45 PM »
I'm just going to say this...

NEEDED MORE DEADPOOL OMFG!!!

Gambit's still my favourite in the X-Men world, but Deadpool OWNED every scene he was in!!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2009, 07:06:39 PM »
^ yeah he did  XD

I didn't even know he was in the movie, was a total surprise to see him.
Lol wow!! Maybe there will be a clip available eventually... I don't wanna see the whole movie just for him :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2009, 11:38:50 PM »
Yesterday went to the movies to watch this. IMO the movie was pretty good and the scene where wolverine jumps up from the watertank was epic.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2009, 09:36:08 PM »
Hugh Jackman Already Officially Working on Wolverine 2

This update is simply a culmination of a handful of other news bits over the last few weeks. First off, we know that X-Men Origins: Wolverine has made $85 million so far. One of the secret endings we heard about involves Wolvie at a bar in Japan. In an interview, Fox's Tom Rothman said that the secret endings were hints at what is coming next. Lastly, Hugh Jackman said in an interview that he's already been talking to writers about taking Wolverine 2 to Japan in that sequel. Published in Variety tonight is an update on all of Jackman's next projects, including confirmation that a Wolverine sequel is officially in development.

"The Seed partners have begun planning the sequel, which they are squarely focusing on the samurai storyline originated in the comic series, and whose Japanese locale was teased after the film's final credits." That's the update that Variety gives us today, with a mention that no writer has (publicly) been hired yet (we rumored about Simon Beaufoy's involvement at one point). Interestingly, out of all of the responses to our discussion yesterday about what Wolverine spin-offs/sequels people would want to see the most, only a handful of the comments mentioned that they'd actually like to see a sequel - not a good sign.

If you're curious to hear more about any of Jackman's other projects, including - Personal Security, where he'd play a police detective forced into bodyguard duty for a spoiled teen heiress; Drive, where he'd play a man who drives race cars by day and getaway cars by night in LA; or Carousel, where he'd play Billy Bigelow in a contemporary remake of the Rodgers and Hammerstein classic - you can head right over to Variety.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/05/05/hugh-jackman-already-officially-working-on-wolverine-2/

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: HY - Saa Ikou