JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Orange Caramel - Lipstick

Author Topic: [TV] AKB48 1st Anime + Manga "AKB0048"  (Read 134954 times)

Offline kingku3

• ecchi
Re: [TV] AKB48 1st Anime + Manga "AKB0048"
« Reply #160 on: July 03, 2012, 05:32:28 AM »
Well, after 9 episodes of backstory, the plot is finally starting to move forward. Suzuko is at last getting some decent character development. Chieris' development still feels rather jarring for me. After watching her play the ice queen for the first 5-6 episodes, her sudden niceness towards everyone is just weird.

Plotwise, I'm liking the whole Center Nova twist. Although with only 3 episodes left, it'll most likely end with the 77th generation still remaining as kenkyuusei. I guess they are setting it up for a potential second season (if the first one is received well enough).

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #161 on: July 03, 2012, 03:43:15 PM »

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #162 on: July 04, 2012, 02:19:12 PM »
More new merchandise!

Pocket tissue :nervous
Release date: Late June 2012

Swing mascots 01 (gachapon). You know you want them. Nagisa looks so adorable! And of course, I want that Mayuyu!
Release date: Late July 2012

Swing mascots 02 (gachapon). Tomochin looks like she's on drugs :lol: Yukirin has her airheaded innocent face while Yuko is simply chipmunk cute.
Release date: Late August 2012

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #163 on: July 06, 2012, 04:51:10 PM »
http://akb0048.jp/special/ updated 120706

Here's a screenshot

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #164 on: July 07, 2012, 12:23:40 AM »
Blu-ray Vol 02

DVD Vol 02

Offline sakurazaki90

• Takamina Fan Since July 2012 (Newborn, LOL)
« Reply #165 on: July 08, 2012, 11:22:18 AM »
This anime is the reason why I became curious with the real AKB48 (you got me, Aki-P!)

I didn't expect much when I started to play the first episode. It's beyond my expectation, actually. The visual is nice, the characters are good looking, and the plot is interesting. Takamina & Kanata succession conflict is, by far, the most emotional conflict in the series. The love cookie at episode 10 somehow resolve the problem temporarily, but I hope there'll be more screentime for Takamina-Kanata to end the conflict. Hope the remaining 3 episodes can wrap it up well...

I do hope there'll be second season, so the other members may have more character development ;)

BTW, I wonder why 0048 is airing so late at night (23:00 Japanese time) http://animecalendar.net/show/572/AKB0048

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #166 on: July 08, 2012, 12:54:58 PM »
^It's actually very normal to show around that time, mainly to hit the main target audience for anime.

You can check out Tokyo MX's timetable. And see most of the new anime are placed around the midnight timeslots, while the family/classic anime are around the afternoon 4 to 8pm timeslot.

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #167 on: July 09, 2012, 05:52:17 AM »
Chieri Sono

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #168 on: July 09, 2012, 10:50:23 AM »
Subs for ep11

http://evetaku.com/blog/2012/07/akb0048-episode-11-released

1 tiny spoiler (something to look out for) Mayuki in AKB0048  :grin:

Credit http://gekikaraclub.tumblr.com/
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 11:10:15 AM by YKT »

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #169 on: July 10, 2012, 04:49:09 AM »
PLOTTINESS! Wooooo! Man, this pretty much makes the rest of the series thus far come off like filler. Even the Takamina/Kanata stuff.

SPOILERS FOLLOW

LOL, the classic AKB concert surprise announcement! Too bad there's not a future Togasaki, like the deified Aki-P. Tsubasa showing up to announce shuffles just wouldn't be the same.

Megumi might as well be a main character. Does her non-rainbow-colored hair even mean anything at this point?

HAH, Nagisa no Cherry, that eternal source of member internal strife and sign of management favoritism. They're straight up replicating Acchan moments for Nagisa now.

Wow, Haruka's voice acting is superb. Her little monologue to Takamina was great, and the accompanying storyboarding was a great visiual. She'll go far, if she continues in voice acting.

Heyo, new song? Oh, it's the ED. But lol, the standard Aki-P shitting on fan favorites to push his own oshimen. (Lol at Sonata being the voice of logic. And her interactions with Makoto are like the only times I don't want to bitchslap Makoto, although her grumbling this episode wasn't so bad since they tempered it with her intent to work hard anyways, a la Yuka's grumbling.)

Hooray, more identity mind-fuckery in the succession system, courtesy of Yuko! Seriously, it's one of my favorite issues that the series is exploring.

And the cry tally starts up again, courtesy of Chieri!

They really like using orchestral Oogoe.

LOLOLOLOLOL YUUKA'S BF IS A SUZUKO OSHI. SO MUCH WIN. I love it when members' family/friends oshi someone else. And his story sounds of his descent into fandom sounds about right.

That "Nagisa's dad was arrested" thing smacks of an ObiWan-Darth Vader lie. He's probably joined up with Chieri's dad and they're heading up DES together.

Yep, so this series is not going to end in succession. Huh. It'll probably end in the concert, since we'll still need next ep to not only resolve the DES problems, but Nagisa's issues with, snort, Nagisa no Cherry. Unless they decide to not do an epilogue, and instead have the Nagisa resolution last ep and end on the concert and not show us any sort of aftermath. It would suit them.

Whoa, so we're gonna get Orine development part 2 next ep? I'm more than okay with that.

Man, this series is so begging for a sequel,(will they even get to the mystery of the disappearing Center Nova in 2 eps, with all of the subplots introduced this ep?) and yet it's not scheduled for one at all next season. Damn.

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #170 on: July 10, 2012, 05:44:04 AM »
Man, this series is so begging for a sequel,(will they even get to the mystery of the disappearing Center Nova in 2 eps, with all of the subplots introduced this ep?) and yet it's not scheduled for one at all next season. Damn.

I want to believe that there will be a second season. With two episodes left, it's not enough to resolve the current issues (succession, Center Nova, daddy issues, ChierixNagisa rivalry, and HELLO ACCHAN WHERE ARE YOU?) and I want the backstory of Cyborg Mayuyu! If there isn't a second season planned, I'm expecting a less-than-satisfactory ending to the anime. Surely lots of loose ends would be left hanging. Or the production team could be evil and announce that the rest of the story would continue in manga form :banghead:

Anyway, I think by next week, we should be able to gauge if there will be a Season 2. Anime series usually take a break of at least one season before they begin broadcast of Season 2 so I'm not so worried that AKB0048 doesn't have one scheduled for this new Summer season.

Offline kingku3

• ecchi
« Reply #171 on: July 10, 2012, 05:47:30 AM »
There's definitely too many sub plots for them to resolve everything properly in 2 episodes. I was also totally expecting Nagisa's dad to join the opposition as well (which might still happen).

If I had to bet on how this first season is going to end, I'm guessing it will end with Takamina's graduation, and Kanata's immediate promotion to succeed her as Takamina the 6th. That is the only sub plot that I feel has been sufficiently developed to be able to reach a conclusion within 2 episodes. Everything else will have to wait for the (hopefully) second season.

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #172 on: July 10, 2012, 06:36:38 PM »
We know that the voice cast has already wrapped up recording for this season of episodes. The question of season 2 also kind of relies on these girls' schedules. Karen's becoming quite the rising star, and Sawako and Kumi's rankings this past election are definitely going to score them more work as well, and of course Mayu is the busiest next gen ace. Logistics may make a continuation hard to do, and I wouldn't want AKB0048 to go the way of Majisuka's Season 2 clusterfuck, which was partially due to the girls' availability being so arbitrary.

Then again, maybe they purposely split up what should be a 26-ep anime into separate seasons so that all of the girls would be freed up in time for Tokyo Dome.

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #173 on: July 11, 2012, 02:21:42 PM »
Stage 12 preview! Did I hear Orine say 'kissu' or am I imagining things? :nervous

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #174 on: July 11, 2012, 04:55:22 PM »
So ep12 is going to be like 20 minutes of black screen? :sweatdrop:

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #175 on: July 16, 2012, 03:45:25 AM »
ep12 subbed

http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=332226

EveTaku» Blog Archive » AKB0048 Episode 12 Released!
59 minutes ago ... Idols: Always unattainable. Wow. Are we early? It's the second to last episode of  the (first) season! Things are going down, and a lot happened ...
http://evetaku.com/blog/2012/07/akb0048-episode-12-released/

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #176 on: July 16, 2012, 06:55:19 AM »
Action-riffic! Everyone yelling each others' names dramatically! TETSUOOOO!

SPOILERS FOLLOW

Fuck yes, proper Orine and Yuka development! (And lol, Yuka so brutally shot down. At least this way we don't have to devote episodes to the depressing "no boyfriends" angst) And developing new dynamics between 77th in Chieri/Orine! That leaves only Mimori to have her own development, but I guess the writer

Aah, daddy issues, that perennial source of character development. We get a double helping here for Nagisa, with some mommy issues. Lol, can this episode count as two for the cry tally?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ACCHAN FACE FOR NAGISA NO CHERRY AHAHAHAHAHAHA WIN.

Yukirin is a doctor? Lol.

Heh, I don't get what's so great about the ED, too. 0048 Yuko is win. And Wmidget pairing is always win, although the dynamic is slightly reversed from the real-life version, of course.

The voice acting was sort of weird this ep. Lots of the girls seemed to be slightly stumbling through their lines, rushing their pacing.

Ahahahaha, they included "that guy" with that "Chieri-chaaaaaaaaaaaan!" Awesome.

Ishida Haruka really is such a good fit for Kanata. And she subbed Itoshisa no Accel, too.

YAB-YA FUCKYEA! Fandom in-jokes for the fucking win.

LOL new Kirara. They are totally yuri radars.

So next ep we'll see the resolution of Nagisa's voice problems, and probably the whole Nagisa no Cherry thing, and Chieri's Kirara issues, but that still leaves the Takamina/Kanata, Yuko/77th, Center Nova, and Nagisa and Chieri's daddy issues for Season 2. Hoping for a season 2, anyways. They might well be able to solve most of those things in one episode, except for the Center Nova issue, so I think season 2 would still be on the table.  :jphip:

Offline kingku3

• ecchi
« Reply #177 on: July 16, 2012, 04:08:54 PM »
Takamina has already mentioned in her conversation with Yuko that she is going to graduate, so the Takamina/Kanata story arc is most likely going to end next episode as well. That new Kirara looks more like a symbolism for the closure of Yuuka's boyfriend arc (notice how it follows Yuuka and has the same twin pigtails) which feels like a bit of a cop-out, because I was expecting it be more meta and develop into a full blown idol scandal.

Center Nova and DES are obviously too big to be resolved within a single episode. So the only resolutions I think we'll see is Nagisa/Chieri coming to terms with their respective issues with each other, Yuko accepting the new song and what it implies, and Takamina graduating/Kanata succession - which sounds like a decent enough ending for what I hope to be just the first season.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:16:26 PM by kingku3 »

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #179 on: July 20, 2012, 02:29:23 PM »
Character Metal Tag
Total 18 types. 12 pieces randomly packed in a box :banghead:
Release date: October 2012

Jigsaw Puzzles in the following designs
Release date: August