JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Drumkan - Alive In You

Author Topic: Friday's Children are Full of Woe (a continuing story)  (Read 40580 times)

Offline edhead999

• MAJI DE!?!?!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Friday's Children are Full of Woe (a continuing story)
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2007, 06:47:03 AM »
That reminded me of something you'd see in movies: "Hey, I'm (insert name here) and I'm an alcoholic (or some other addictive thing)."

I was waiting for something/someone else in her mind to say "Hi Aya".

Somehow, I feel sorry for all three of them. Although I'm not a writer (I'd be such a bad one too, people wouldn't even read my stuff), the ending I'd see for this story is: Aya and Miki get together and Keita and his first girlfriend get back together. But yeah, doubt Keita's gonna get something other than the short end of the stick (no offense meant OTN1).

Anyway, thanks for posting so fast! Pretty much every time I get back from class/work, there's a new chapter up. XD

Nacchi... kawaii XD

Offline Ren

• ワーイε=ヾ(*・∀・)/
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I'm a girl!
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2007, 07:46:24 AM »
GAM + Keita Love Triangle.. :eek: Great OTN! ;D

If I was Keita, I would probably be angry at Miki too for being such a little kid and of course thought "Why do you hate me so much anyway?! Its not like you are her other boyfriend" kind of thing... ;D

I love the latest Aya's POV... She seems so klutzy and yet it just suits her, being the narcisstic person that she is... Just, suit her much! I don't know! :heart:

I don't know why but rather than having Miki confess to Aya, I like to see Aya to be the one who confess to Miki so she can clear Miki's angst and worries...

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2007, 12:21:04 AM »
Poor Aya. I feel for Miki the most, but all I can think to say is 'Poor Aya.'

Offline nkca_

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2007, 09:59:15 AM »
freakin confess already aya!...wait she can't confess cause she's confused, more like in denial...anyway as ren said i also hope that this time aya is the one to confess just cause i think miki has suffered enough and that tachibana guy is getting on my nerves, and as it was aya's idea to adopt  him it would be a lot more fun if she cleared all this mess

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2007, 07:50:45 AM »
Denial.  A powerful thing!
This story is a prequel to Love x 2, so if you want to see how it ends, most of the things I've written here are related to it and will show you.  There are still some more details to be written.  Of course.  Hahaha.  The never-ending story.

'Cause Breakin' Up Ain't Hard to Do

"I'm glad you agreed to meet up," Aya said, taking a sip of her tea steadily, a calm smile on her face.

"Of course.  I'm here for you," Keita replied, leaning back in his chair and ignoring his own drink.

"So I wanted to talk about us."

Keita took a deep breath in and released it.

"I know," he said quickly.  "And I think I agree with what you're going to say."

"How do you know what I'm going to say?"

"Because I just know.  Listen, I've felt the tension the past while.  With you and with me and Fujimoto-san, this is just not going to work out."

Aya frowned.

"Huh?  Miki-chan?  What's been going on with her?" she asked.

Keita shook his head and waved his hand.

"No, I don't mean anything.  I just mean that this thing with us is not exactly sparkling with love."

Aya looked down at her hands.

"Yeah, that's why I think it's a good idea if we-"

"Split up," Keita finished for her.

She looked back up with a guilty expression.

"Are you angry with me?"

Keita snorted softly and shook his head.

"With you?  No.  Disappointed with the situation?  Yeah.  But you can't win them all."

"I'm sorry if I hurt you or insulted you.  You're just not- we're just not cut out for each other."

"I know," Keita said with a hint of an amused smile.  "I feel that."

"So it's over?"

Keita nodded.

"Well..."

There was an awkward pause.

"I'm going to sit here and finish my café au lait," Keita stated.

Aya thought it over for five seconds.

"Well, I'm going to sit here and finish my chilled lemon tea."

They smiled at each other, and sat there in each other's company, drinking.

After ten minutes and a bit of small talk, they split up.

"Take care of yourself.  Say hi to Fujimoto-san for me," Keita said with a wave of his hand.

He turned around on his heels and walked off.

Aya stood watching him until he rounded a corner.  She then took out her cell phone and typed a quick message to Miki.

Just broke up with Keita.  Can we talk?

She turned on her heels and walked in the opposite direction her boyfriend had walked in.

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2007, 07:51:38 AM »

I'm sitting with Aya at a coffee shop in a mall.  She called me up and asked me to meet her.  I know what it's about.  She's going to break up with me.  I'm okay with it.  It's what I tried to do a few days ago.  We need to do it, and I don't want to vilify myself any further by being the monster that initiates the break-up, so I'll let her call the shots.  Even if she wanted it desperately and I initiated it, I bet she or her friends would find some way to talk about it as if I was the worst scum on the planet Earth.

"I'm glad you agreed to meet up," she says.

She takes a sip of her tea, and she appears calm.  That must be an act.  She's never been this calm around me.

"Of course.  I'm here for you," I reply.

I lean back casually in my chair.  I don't want to seem angry or intimidating.  I'm just a regular guy on a pseudo-date with his nominal girlfriend.  Soon-to-be-ex. 

I really mean my words, though.  I can't help it if I still like the girl.  There's a reason I asked her out in the first place.  Feelings don't just stop because the situation changes.  Humans are way more complex than that.

"So I wanted to talk about us."

I take a deep breath and release it.

So she's brought out the main line.  That sentence is more powerful than the "we should break up" one that will inevitably follow.  This is the classic line that topples the partner.  Whatever happens after is merely for show.  This one speaks a thousand words.

"I know.  And I think I agree with what you're going to say," I tell her quickly.

"How do you know what I'm going to say?" she asks sceptically.

Maybe there's some part of her that wants to surprise me.  Some part of her that wants me to be shocked and upset to hear those words from her.  Maybe it's her way of pinching me just a bit before letting me go.  Making me hurt as revenge for something I might have done to her.

"Because I just know," I say.  "Listen, I've felt the tension the past while.  With you and with me and Fujimoto-san, this is just not going to work out."

Aya frowns, and I wince inside.  I've gone and mentioned that best friend of hers without meaning to.  I don't want to bring her into it.  She might have everything to do with what's going on, or she might have nothing to do with it.  But I want today to be about me and Aya.  Not anyone else.

"Huh?  Miki-chan?  What's been going on with her?" Aya asks obliviously.

Oh, come on.  You can't be that clueless, I think.

It's impossible for her not to have noticed the tension between me and her friend.  Maybe she's in denial.  Maybe she's noticed the way Fujimoto acts, and it's kind of scaring her.  Or maybe she likes it.  I don't know.  I don't care.

I shake my head and wave my hand to indicate I've made a mistake.

"No, I don't mean anything.  I just mean that this thing with us is not exactly sparkling with love," I amend.

Sparkling with love? I think to myself.  What kind of stupid wording is that?

She doesn't seem to notice that I've said something stupid, and she looks down at her hands.  Here it comes.

"Yeah, that's why I think it's a good idea if we-"

I cut in and finish her sentence for her to let her know that I am on the same wavelength as her.

"Split up."

She doesn't even try to act like she's surprised.  She looks up at me guiltily.

"Are you angry with me?"

She sounds a bit scared.  A bit worried.  Why is it that our relationship is ending, and it's now that she chooses to really worry about me and my feelings?  Is it pity?  Compassion?  Real caring?  Oh well.  This is Aya.  Or maybe it's a girl thing.

I snort softly and shake my head.  Of course I'm not angry.

"With you?  No," I tell her.  "Disappointed with the situation?  Yeah.  But you can't win them all."

I may as well be honest, right?  I wish it could have worked, but there's no way I can win Aya over.  She's got her mysterious reasons that make her incapable of loving me.

"I'm sorry if I hurt you or insulted you.  You're just not- we're just not cut out for each other."

I do feel a little hurt, and I have felt a little insulted, but I'm a big boy.  I think Aya's a wonderful person.  Her heart is essentially good.  She might be too wrapped up in her own world to see that sometimes she hurts people, but she doesn't have malicious intentions.  I know that.  If it wasn't true, I never would have looked at her twice after I met her.

"I know," I reassure her with a smile.  "I feel that."

"So it's over?" she asks for confirmation.

I nod.

It's over.  No more us.  Our agencies can be at peace and stop having to cover for us.

"Well..." she says as we pause awkwardly.

On television, break-ups are supposed to end with one party storming off, perhaps in tears, perhaps screaming obscenities, while the other sits at the table for two and thinks about his or her actions alone.  This is not the situation we are in.  There is no storming, no yelling, and no being alone.

So we've broken up.  So we don't get along so well.  That's no reason why we can't have a drink together.

"I'm going to sit here and finish my café au lait," I tell her, taking the first brave step.

I see her think about it.  I hope that she can realise we can sit here at least as acquaintances and finish up our non-date.

"Well, I'm going to sit here and finish my chilled lemon tea," she says.

I smile at her, and she smiles back.  We finally see eye-to-eye on something!  Now that there's no pressure, I think she can let go of the reservations she has when she talks to me.  I expect nothing from her, so she can relax.

We chat for ten minutes just about work.  At least that's one thing we can understand about each other.  After catching up, we say goodbye.  We stand up and walk out of the coffee shop together.  We stand outside of it, facing each other.

"Take care of yourself.  Say hi to Fujimoto-san for me," I say with a wave.

Maybe I shouldn't mention that girl, but I know that she'll be happy to hear I'm out of the picture.  It's my last hint to Aya to take this issue with her best friend a little more seriously.  Pay attention to the girl and figure out what's going on with her.  If she doesn't, the next time she gets a boyfriend, he's going to go through the same thing I've just gone through.  The icy glares, the ignoring, the outright hatred.

I'm sure this will be the last time I get together with Aya.  Our paths have diverged.  I turn around and walk off, sticking my hands in the pockets of my jeans and not looking back.  I turn the corner and slow down and sigh.  It has gone so well.  We've been so grown up about it.

I guess I was expecting my break up with Aya would involve more emotion and more tears.  This is for the better, but it's a bit of a let down.  I couldn't make her like me enough to cry over me.  I like her enough to cry over it, but I won't cry now.  I do have my pride to look after.  Maybe tonight, though, when I'm home and I think about what's happened.  I don't have to keep up images for myself.  Just for the public.

I unexpectedly smile.  Aya took me for an interesting ride.  She didn't handle it all well, but at least I got to see what it was like to be with her.  Ultimately, that's what I wanted.

Besides, dating isn't just about finding that one person you want to marry and love forever.  It's also about finding out what you don't want.  We've helped each other with that.

Thanks, Aya.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 05:46:38 AM by OTN1 »

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2007, 07:52:15 AM »

I'm feeling ill.  I should just get up and say I'm going to the washroom and then disappear forever.

"I'm glad you agreed to meet up," I say, putting my skills as an actress to the test and acting calm.

I take a sip of my drink.  I'm glad it's cold.  If it was hot, I'm sure I'd burn my lips carelessly.

"Of course.  I'm here for you," he replies, leaning back in his chair.

Oh no.  He sounds like such a concerned boyfriend when he says that.  I don't want him to like me anymore.  I don't want him to care about me.

"So I wanted to talk about us," I finally blurt out.

I see him take a deep breath in.  I think he knows where I'm going with this, but there's a chance that he's as clueless as I think he is and that he doesn't know a thing.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter.

"I know," he says quickly.  "And I think I agree with what you're going to say."

"How do you know what I'm going to say?" I ask him sceptically.

Does he think I'm going to propose to him?  Or does he know that I'm going to break up with him?

"Because I just know.  Listen, I've felt the tension the past while.  With you and with me and Fujimoto-san, this is just not going to work out."

I frown.  Miki?  What does she have to do with this?  Yes, she doesn't like him much, but why would she be involved in this?  This is between me and him.  Not him and her, and definitely not me and her.  Definitely not.

"Huh?  Miki-chan?  What's been going on with her?" I ask.

He dismisses what he's said with a shake of his head and a wave.

"No, I don't mean anything.  I just mean that this thing with us is not exactly sparkling with love."

I look down at my hands and try not to laugh.  'Sparkling with love.'  That sounds like a very silly thing to say.  I push it out of my mind, though.  There are more pressing things to think about.

"Yeah, that's why I think it's a good idea if we-" I start, but he cuts me off before I can finish.

"Split up."

I look at him guiltily.  Breaking up isn't a nice thing to do, and I think he likes me a lot more than I like him.  I feel like I'm kicking a little puppy.  A really cute one, but a really dumb one.

"Are you angry with me?" I ask him.

I don't expect that he'll be honest.  He might just say 'no' and then find an excuse to storm out of there.  His reaction surprises me.  He snorts softly and shakes his head.

"With you?  No."

That relieves me more than he can know.  He says it earnestly.

"Disappointed with the situation?  Yeah.  But you can't win them all," he sighs.

I don't know what to say to that.

"I'm sorry if I hurt you or insulted you.  You're just not- we're just not cut out for each other," I continue with what I originally planned to say.

"I know.  I feel that," Keita says.

He looks amused.  It's like I'm telling him a secret that he already knows.

"So it's over?" I ask to confirm.

I need to make sure he knows for sure.  There is no more Aya and Keita.

He nods.

"Well..." I drawl.

What now?  We still have drinks and we're sitting here.  Neither one of us has stormed off, and we're not about to waste our money.

"I'm going to sit here and finish my café au lait," he says.

Why, that little presumptuous-

No, wait.  That's not him telling me to get out.  That's him offering to hang out together until we finish out drinks.  That's him being mature.  He's displayed a lot of that lately.  I mean, I still think he's boring, but he's proven that he does have a head on his shoulders that sometimes works.

"Well, I'm going to sit here and finish my chilled lemon tea," I copy his words.

We smile at each other.  It feels nice to part on good terms.  To agree on something.  Finally.

We chat about work for ten minutes, after which we split up.  It's probably the last time we'll ever do this.

"Take care of yourself," he says while we're standing outside the coffee shop.  "Say hi to Fujimoto-san for me."

He waves and walks off into the crowds of shoppers.

Why does he have to bring up Miki?  Again, she has nothing to do with this.

I watch as he walks off.

Have I done the right thing?

Part of me thinks "of course."  I didn't like the guy anymore.  He bored me.  He annoyed me.

But now that he's gone and out of my life, that thing that I haven't been wanting to hit me is probably going to hit me.  I'll have to walk carefully.  I'm not into nasty surprises.

Speaking of surprises, I'd better talk to Miki.  She hasn't been in touch for a few days, and I'm worried.  Maybe this news will jolt her out of her silence.

Just broke up with Keita. I type.  Can we talk?

I turn and walk in the opposite direction Keita walked in.  I head down to the lower level to catch the bus that will take me to the station.  I hold my phone tightly and wait.

Ten minutes later, my phone vibrates.  I receive a reply.

I'm sorry.  Come over to my place and give me details.

I smile.  Businesslike Miki.  I know that she'll be happy to see me.  She has to be.  She's never not happy when I show up.  This should be no different.

Satisfied, I get a seat on the bus that has just come, and I ignore any other feeling but the strange happy one that takes over me.

I think my life is back on track now.

Offline Ren

• ワーイε=ヾ(*・∀・)/
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I'm a girl!
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2007, 08:49:57 AM »
Oh an update! :D

I feel bad for this Keita, but also happy that he's now out of the GAM world XD. But will the no guy as the third person means Aya and Miki will realize what's going on with them soon and then just hook up, or there'll be another third person? O_O

I have a feeling Miki will not be extremely happy with Aya broke up as she might think that Aya only needs her (message her) after she broke up with Keita and needs someone to hang around with XD. Kind of like the paranoid type "You only call me when you need me!" kind of thing :D.

EDIT:
Eh I think I missed something important O_O does that mean that after this chapter will continue straight to Love x 2 or you'll write some more chapters before Love x 2?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 08:53:34 AM by Ren »

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2007, 09:11:10 AM »
Well, there's this story I started writing (http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=7860.0, and yeah, I guess it really shouldn't be in that section).  Friday will lead into Barrier, which will connect to Love.

Just broke up with Keita. Can we talk?

She's written me a few e-mails over the past three or four days, but that's the one that catches my attention.  I'm sitting at home, nothing to do.  I have no work because of yet another national holiday.  I used to love this week when we'd get a bunch of days off to relax.  Now I hate it.  There's too much time to think, and the friend I want to spend my time with is my problem.

Getting ditched again by Aya because of Tachibana hurt a lot.  I'm a bit angry at her, but it comes in small waves that don't stir up anything but guilt for being angry.  I like her too much to be angry, and it bothers me.  Still, even though I feel bad, I haven't replied to any of her mail.  I simply don't want to set myself up for more disappointment.  I've had enough of it.

That's why when I get her mail about Tachibana, I can't help but feel happy.  She's broken up with him.  He's out of the picture.  Now she's all mine.

Well, no.  It's not that simple.  It never is.

He's gone.  Now it's time for me to listen to her issues.  I have to listen to the story, hear about the problems they were having, do the best friend thing where I comfort her.  The only good thing is that I get to bash him, because that is the role of the friend.  To bash the ex.

Then maybe I have a better chance.

After that.

After she gets over him.

And right after pigs fly, cows talk, and chickens take over France.

Yup.  Piece of cake.

I scowl.  What's the point of even replying to her?  So Tachibana's out of the picture.  Big whoop.  It's not like I'm going to get anything out of it.  I won't have to see his stupid face anymore, but I'm sure she'll move on to the next pretty boy in no time, and I'll have to hear all about him.  She probably won't choose a good one.  Not one that I'll approve of.  And then she'll find ways to rub it in my face - whether she means to or not - and start abandoning me for him.

Shut up, Miki, I scold myself.  She doesn't need your approval.

Aya's capable of choosing the people she wants in her life.  And she's not going to cut herself off from me completely.  I am a friend.  At least I think I still am.

Although how close a friend, I'm not sure anymore.  She's not definite about it.  Sometimes I'm the greatest person in her eyes, but sometimes I think I'm an annoyance that she wishes she didn't have to deal with.

I think of all sorts of ways I could reply to her message.  I start to type.

Good for you.  Do you want to invite Tachibana over for our talk?

I delete my words.  That's just my bitterness shining through.

Oh, you noticed I exist?  Nice of you to come crawling back to me now that your boy is gone.

This is something beyond bitter.  It won't do.

I'm happy to hear that!  Now you're finally free!  Let's talk.

Delete.  It's too happy.

Does this mean you'll stop ditching me?  I hope.

And that's not going to work.  It's too confrontational.

How'd he take it?

No, that one has no heart in it.  I don't really care how he is.

Let's get drunk and have sex.

I laugh and erase that one carefully, making sure not to press the send button by mistake.  I'm being silly for my own sake.

I sober up and get serious.

Hi, Aya-chan.  I missed you.  Sorry for not replying to your mail.  I’m kind of upset.  Can you come here?  You can tell me what happened between you two.  But I also have some other things to talk to you about.  Bye bye.

There.  That's what I want to say.

And so therefore, I can't send it.  What am I?  One of those New Age, sensitive types that cares and shares and has to analyse and discuss everything?  No.  I'm not.

I'm sorry.  Come over to my place and give me details.

I read it over once.  It's perfect.  Not revealing too much, but telling her that I want to learn more.  It's a bit curt, but she knows that's my style.  She won't be offended.

I press the send button.

Now I have to wait for her to come over.

What should I do?  Should I look happy?  Should I look concerned?  Should I let her talk about it for an hour and then get us onto the topic of me being ignored?

Or should I forget about that last part and just let her talk about herself?

Or maybe I should speak my mind and tell her exactly what I think and feel.

Although as much as I want to do that last one, I have a feeling if I did, Tachibana's heart wouldn't be the only one to be broken today.

I sit.  I wait.

Offline Ren

• ワーイε=ヾ(*・∀・)/
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I'm a girl!
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2007, 06:13:52 PM »
Oh LOL, I've just realized that I posted between the chapters XD. Sorry.

Miki should relax a bit more, if she can do it she'll have no problems with Aya XD. But she feels too insecure about her relationship with Aya :D...

Offline edhead999

• MAJI DE!?!?!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2007, 09:27:12 PM »
Mmm, reading this is kind of like the refreshment I need for "What Needed to be Done". I'm glad that Keita and Aya ended their relationship on good terms... kind of. Hopefully Keita will have something good happen to him by the end of the story.

Lol, I wonder how the story would have turned out had Miki sent that reply...

Nacchi... kawaii XD

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2007, 11:29:57 PM »
Keita realizes that life doesn't always go the way you'd like it to, and that the best thing to do keep is to roll with it and adapt.  When you try and fight it, that's when you cause grief for yourself and those around you.

Besides, dating isn't just about finding that one person you want to marry and love forever.  It's also about finding out what you don't want.  We've helped each other with that.
So true, funny how a lot of people (especially younger ones) don't realize that. 

Miki?  What does she have to do with this?  Yes, she doesn't like him much, but why would she be involved in this?  This is between me and him.  Not him and her, and definitely not me and her.  Definitely not.

"Take care of yourself," he says while we're standing outside the coffee shop.  "Say hi to Fujimoto-san for me."

He waves and walks off into the crowds of shoppers.

Why does he have to bring up Miki?  Again, she has nothing to do with this.
Poor Aya's still in denial (or at the very least she's really confused).

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline KrazyForKamei

• Member+
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2007, 02:17:37 AM »
Ahhh I love this! I finally got around to reading all of it. The way you did all the POVs was awesome. Miki's is my favorite cuz her Keita insults made me laugh XD. This story is funny and sad at the same time. Very many tear jerking parts...I won't lie XD.

The next few chapters should be intereessttinng...I hope Miki confesses ^~^...and I hope Aya realizes she loves Miki...and I hope Keita realizes he's gay (we all know he is...c'moonn XD) Only kidddding kinda.

Looking forward to the next chapters ^.^

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2007, 12:20:46 PM »
That's okay, Ren.  There's no problem with posting between chapters.  Don't worry about it.
Thanks, KrazyForKamei.  Although I'd say this story is more hair-tearing than tear-jerking.  I mean, Aya's denial must be so frustrating to read about.  Hahahaha!  I'm almost tearing my hair out writing it.
So true, funny how a lot of people (especially younger ones) don't realize that. 
My wise friend told me that when we were 15.  I've never forgotten it.
Lol, I wonder how the story would have turned out had Miki sent that reply...
ME TOO!  Which means one day I'll have to write it.  It'll be the "alternate alternate version," if we're going to stick to DO Me DO Me's single v analogy.

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2007, 01:17:33 PM »
Quickly before bed!

5.4 + ½: The Alternate Alternate Version

I think of all sorts of ways I could reply to her message.  I start to type.

Good for you.  Do you want to invite Tachibana over for our talk?

I delete my words.  That's just my bitterness shining through.

Oh, you noticed I exist?  Nice of you to come crawling back to me now that your boy is gone.

This is something beyond bitter.  It won't do.

I'm happy to hear that!  Now you're finally free!  Let's talk.

Delete.  It's too happy.

Does this mean you'll stop ditching me?  I hope.

And that's not going to work.  It's too confrontational.

How'd he take it?

No, that one has no heart in it.  I don't really care how he is.

I throw my head back and laugh while erasing it.  I'm being silly for my own sake.  I look down to type my next idea when I realise something's happening on the screen of my phone.  I read it as it happens.

Sending message... 25%... 75%... 100%.  Message sent successfully.

Oh.  Shit.

I pressed the wrong button.

Unsend!  There has to be an unsend button!

But there isn't.  Right this moment, Aya's phone is ringing, she's opening it up, she's reading my e-mail...

What is she thinking?

I jump up and start to pace, chewing on my nails nervously.  I haven't bitten my nails since I was in elementary school.  Now, it's all I can do to keep from stuffing my hands into my mouth and chewing them to bits for being so stupid and clumsy.  I start to jump around and groan in pain.

"I'm so stupid!!" I yell loudly, not caring that the neighbours can hear me perfectly.  "Stupid stupid stupid!!"

I go to the wall and bash my head against it.

"OW!" I cry, rubbing my forehead.  Bad idea to hit my head like that.

I open the window.

"Miki's stupid!!" I yell to the city.

Someone on the ground stops walking and looks up.  I quickly hide in my apartment again, closing the window violently.

I start to chastise myself.

"Great.  You're so smart, Fujimoto.  Your best friend e-mails you to tell you she just broke up with her boyfriend, and you go and write something stupid about getting drunk.  And sex.  Oh my god.  The drunk part is okay.  The sex part?  Unacceptable.  Totally unacceptable.  I'm being insensitive, I'm being immature, I'm being stupid, and I'm also a girl, which, last time I checked, is just not going to get me anywhere with her!  GAH!"

I collapse on the floor, tired out by my freakout.  I lie on my stomach and bury my face in my hands, groaning about how the end of the world is near. 

My phone rings.  Someone has sent me mail.

"No..." I whimper.

Hand shaking, I reach for my phone and flip it open, my eyes shut tightly.  I open one eye, then the other, and I read the mail Aya has sent me back.

Okay!  On my way.

My eyes bulge out of my sockets.

What?!  Is she serious?!

My shock turns into pleasant happiness.

Well, good!  One thing is going right.

My happiness turns into mortification, as I realise what her reply means.  I smash my face down onto the floor.

"She's joking!" I groan my revelation into the carpet.

That's Aya.  A joker.  She tries to be all witty.  It doesn't really work all the time, but this time, she's fooled me.

"Aaarrrgh!  It's not fair!"

Why do I have to have this problem?  I wish Aya didn't exist.  Then I wouldn't have felt this way over anyone, and I wouldn't have sent her that stupid e-mail, gotten an exciting reply, and then realised it was all in my head.

I jump up, put on some Christina Aguilera, and then lie down on the floor again, looking up at the ceiling, feeling utterly defeated.  I listen to her belt out a few tunes, some of which I like, some of which I don't.  Then that stupid song that I hate comes on, but I can't help myself, and I start howling along with her, out of tune and scratchy.  I sound like I'm drunk.

"'Cause I am beautifuuuuuul, no maaaatter whaaaat they saaaaay!  Yes words caaaan't-"

My doorbell rings, interrupting my lovely crooning.  That would be Aya.

I turn the music off quickly, hoping that Aya hasn't heard it.  She likes that song, and I always make fun of her for wanting to listen to it.  I have to keep up appearances.

I go to the door, wringing my hands and gritting my teeth.  I'm more than a nervous wreck.

I open the door ever so slowly.

Aya's standing there holding a cloth bag.  Her face lights up in a delightful grin when she sees me.  I've lost my voice, so I emit a small airy sound when I open my mouth, but she ignores me, pushing me aside and entering my apartment.  She closes the door and takes off her shoes and hauls my sorry, frozen butt into my living room with her.

"Hi," she finally says, her grin widening.

"Hi," I reply, my voice cracking much to my embarrassment.

She opens up the bag she's holding and takes something heavy out, showing it to me proudly.  My eyes bulge, and suddenly, the possibilities of what might happen right after this moment in time become endless.

She laughs at my reaction, and then gives me the flirtiest look that I've ever seen grace her face.

"I hope you have juice," she says.

I silently reach out and grasp the bottle of vodka with one hand.  I don't ask how she got it, I don't question her motives, I don't bring up the e-mail, and I don't point out that we haven't talked in days.  In fact, I don't speak a single word as I turn around and go to prepare our drinks.  A fifth of vodka inside of us will do all the talking soon enough.

Offline Kei-Br

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kissing You Oh~ My Love
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2007, 03:48:00 PM »
"I hope you have juice," she says.

I silently reach out and grasp the bottle of vodka with one hand.  I don't ask how she got it, I don't question her motives, I don't bring up the e-mail, and I don't point out that we haven't talked in days.  In fact, I don't speak a single word as I turn around and go to prepare our drinks.  A fifth of vodka inside of us will do all the talking soon enough.

OH MY GAH!!!!!!!!!!!
Aya's POV please?  ;)

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2007, 04:06:17 PM »
Unsend!  There has to be an unsend button!

yeah, I sometimes whish there was one, too ^^

nice one

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2007, 09:19:35 PM »
5.4 + ½: The Alternate Alternate Version
That kicked SO much ass! Alternative Alternative versions FTW!!!

And I second the request for Aya's Alternate Alternate POV. 

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline edhead999

• MAJI DE!?!?!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2007, 11:02:48 PM »
LOL! OTN1, you're my hero.

It's like GAM gone wild... XD

On a separate note, this totally refreshed me! ::Is ready for more "What Needed to be Done"::

Nacchi... kawaii XD

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2007, 04:00:00 AM »
Miki's silly. I had to restrain myself from laughing out loud at the Alternate Alternate Version.

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Drumkan - Alive In You