JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Exile - Touch the Sky (feat. Bach Logic)

Author Topic: DeNight's YuiParu Delusions [Chapter Update: ML Final Chapter-Nov 22, 2022]  (Read 45513 times)

Offline TotyTRC

Re: DeNight's YuiParu Delusions
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 11:00:42 PM »
Please... I beg you... let them kiss... :cry:

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2016, 12:12:53 AM »

“Ne, Yui.”
“Un?”
“Let’s kiss.”

I almost spat out the water I was drinking when I heard that.

To be continued....

OMG!
yes plis!

Offline sadrilim

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I create and I read. Silent Reader
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2016, 05:44:17 AM »
Interesting  :cathappy:

I would like to see the next chapter

Offline junchan48

• Love SHIPPING :D
  • Member+
  • AzumaRion is Love <3
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2016, 07:05:35 AM »
Kiss her! Kiss her! Kiss her! XD

Gonna wait the next one, author-san!^o^/
Newbie. Yoroshiku Oneigashimasu ^^

Offline DeNight

• Member+
    • ArchDeNight
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2016, 08:43:30 PM »
Dear Friends,

Thank you for all the comments. It's nice to see you getting all excited for the next chapter *chuckle*. I read all your comments and took them into consideration, then came up with this revised version of the ending. I hope I don't make you feel disappointed with this.

Okay, then. Thanks for waiting and happy reading. Since I consider this to be the last related story to the previous ones, next week, I'll try to come up with a completely new YuiParu fic... :on drink:

p.s.: Paruru put a picture of Koi Kojo script on her twitter the other day, saying that she's got it. Now, I really am curious to whether it would have a kissing scene or not *chuckle*.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I DON’T WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND (2)

“Ne, Yui.”
“Un?”
“Let’s kiss.”

I almost spat out the water I was drinking when I heard that.

“Eeee?” was the only response I could give.

You looked anywhere but at me. There was a blush on your cheeks and I was sure it was not from the residue of your make up. I wondered if you were being serious.

“Well, since we don’t have any experience…,” you tried to reason, ”We may not be able to act it out properly when it comes down to that, you know. What kind of expression should we show? What kind of gesture would be appropriate? We may need a lot of re-takes if we get that wrong.”

I was stunned. Of course. Of course you were still talking about the possibility of a kissing scene in Koi Kojo. Of course you were not talking about the possibility of kissing with me for no reason. Of course the reason must not be because you had feelings for me.

I was just your close friend. Close, but still a friend. And we’re both women. I was not the tall ikemen you had been dreaming of. How could I forget all that?

You might think that it would be more convenience since we’re close friends. It might be less awkward. I wouldn’t misunderstand your suggestion, wouldn’t misinterpret your words, since we knew each other so well.

“Okay.”

You looked up to me in a sudden. It seemed as if you didn’t believe that I said it. So, I said it once again, more clearly this time.

“Okay. Let’s kiss.”

The blush on your cheeks was even deeper than before. There were some hesitations in your eyes. But, now that I had agreed on it, your pride wouldn’t let you to take your words back. You were the one who asked for it first after all.

“Okay,” your voice was barely audible.

We sat on the futon facing each other. You were clearly nervous. But, since you’re the one who asked, I let you initiate the action. After all, even though I might seem calm, the butterflies in my stomach were not.

You took a deep breath and looked into my eyes. We did some kissing acts for that AKB dating simulation games before, didn’t we? But, kissing the camera or a glass wall was a lot different than the real thing. One look into your eyes was enough to make me wonder why I agreed on doing it.

“Here I go.”

You took another deep breath and moved slowly towards me. You started to close your eyes as our faces drew closer. My heart was beating painfully hard against my rib cage.

I was about to close my eyes. Our lips were centimeters apart. But, then, you stopped and leaned your forehead against mine instead.

“Sorry, Yui. I don’t think I can do it,” you said, “I am way too nervous.”

You were breathing heavily. Your face was in an even deeper shade of red than before. I could see your hands shaking a bit. I could understand what you felt at that time because, even though I appeared calm, I was actually experiencing the same thing.

“It’s okay,” I said.

I was about to move away, but you had your hands on my T-shirt and wouldn’t let go.

“Why don’t you…,” you tried to say, “Why don’t you try to kiss me instead?”

I was once again stunned. I didn’t think that you would still want to continue with it. But, apparently, you did.

So, I swallowed hard and said, “All right.”

I removed your hands from my shirt and put them on my shoulders.

“Stop me anytime you change your mind, okay?”

You swallowed and nodded, looking down on my shirt.

I had one of my hands on the futon while I used the other to gently push you down.

“Here I go,” I said when you were completely lying down.

I moved slowly closer and closer. My heart was beating rapidly. I moved even closer. My heart was beating even faster. Your eyes were on my lips. My eyes were on yours. I made sure to pay attention to your hands as well, ready to move away at the slight sign of a push or discomfort. But, you didn’t show any. You just moved them from my shoulder all the way around to my upper back. I moved even closer and you closed your eyes. We were so close. I could feel the warmth of your breath. Should I kiss you?

Even in my wildest dream, I could never imagine that you would ask me for a kiss. Although the reason might just be for the preparation of a drama scene, this would be something I would never forget. Even if I wanted to, I was sure that I wouldn’t be able to forget this. Even if I tried, I wouldn’t be able to erase it from my memory.

Should I kiss you? Was this a mistake? Whatever the reason was, after this, everything would change, wouldn’t it? I wondered whether we would be able to stay as friends after this. Probably not. We wouldn’t be able to act like nothing happened, would we? At least, I know I wouldn’t be able to and that scared me so much.

But, I couldn’t turn back now, could I? My heart was throbbing and I really really wanted to kiss you. I already had my arms on either side of your head. So, I did the only thing I could. I moved even closer…

…and kiss your forehead.

You opened your eyes, confused.

“Your expression is perfect. Great gestures, too. As long as you don’t forget the feeling you had just now, I think you will be okay,” I said, smiling, still hovering above you.

You still seemed confused. Then the confusion seemed to mix with embarrassment and anger and some frustrations. It was clear that you were not happy with my decision.

“Why?” you asked.

I understood your question. But, I still struggled to form an answer. Why indeed. I really wanted to kiss you. But, somehow, it felt like I was taking advantage of you since I have these feelings while you’re not. You may just want it as a practice with no strings attached while I may never want to let you go after the kiss. But, I couldn’t tell you that, could I? I couldn’t tell you that I may not be able to remain as your close friend if the kiss did happen. I would want more. I would not be able to hold myself back even though I knew that you didn’t want that. How could I tell you all these?

“It would be your first kiss…,” I tried to reason.
“Yui…,” you started, but I didn’t let you continue.
“This is something you will remember for the rest of your life. You should only do it when you are ready…”
“Yui....”
“And you should only do it with the right person, with the person you love, with the person who loves you…”
“Don’t you?”

I was about to continue my ramblings, but I stopped when you voiced that question.

“Don’t you love me, Yui? Didn’t you say that many times already? Or were all those Google+ posts, those tweets, and all your other words were lies?”

You looked straight into my eyes. There wasn’t any doubt in yours. Since when did you find out about my feelings? Yes, I did say all those. But, didn’t I also say them to a bunch others? I made sure of that.  Was I really that obvious? What should I do now?

“It’s true,” I decided on my answer, “We are close friends. Of course, I love you. But, because we are close friends, I can’t take your first kiss, can I?”
“Yes, you can.”
“I mean, things may turn awkward afterwards, and we won’t be able to remain friends...”
“Yes, you can.”
“It would be too painful…”
“Yui!” you said louder as you moved your hands to shake my shoulders, stopping any train of thoughts that I had.
“I said, yes, you can.”
“Huh?”
“I don’t want to be your friend. I don’t want to stay as just your close friend.”

Right after you said that, you pulled me closer and kissed my lips. It was really gentle. It managed to leave me dumbstruck.

I didn’t know what was happening. Was it a dream? Did I probably walk into another dimension when I was wandering around alone? Was this a parallel universe where the you I knew was not exist and the you here actually had feelings for me?

I was still questioning everything and nothing when you ended the kiss and moved away. It left me stunned. My mind was blank. I was unable to say anything.

Meanwhile, you were looking at me, smiling. You still had that blush on your cheeks. But, there was also some kind of playfulness in your eyes. It’s as if you believed that you had won something big and I was the loser. Come to think of it, that might be true. You did win. You won my heart over.

“Was it okay?” you said with a teasing smile on your face, “Or…do you think we need a re-take?”

I didn’t give you any reply. I just moved closer for another kiss… and another one, then another one after that—making sure that this was not a dream, nor some kind of a prank. I felt your reply on my lips. For each and every kiss, you were kissing me back—an affirmation for the question I had never been able to say.

It made me feel as if my heart had just exploded. The feelings I had been locking away, deep inside, were finally released. My emotion was overflowing. It was spilling in drops of tears. I couldn’t continue kissing you although I wanted to.

You sighed. Then, you smiled and pulled me into a hug. I hugged you back. Tightly. While shaking violently.

“You’re such a crybaby, Yui…,” you moved your hand up and down my back gently, “ I love you, too, you know. I have been for a long time.”

Your words made me cry even more. You just laughed and hugged me tight. That night, we slept on my bed, hugging each other, until the morning came.

That was a few weeks ago. Yes. People say time flies when we have fun. I guess that was what happened. Everyday seems even more fun now. Whenever I looked at you, even if it’s from across the room, I would see you looking at me as well. I would smile, knowing that this time, I know the meaning behind your glances and it wasn’t just my wishful thinking. Then, you would also smile, knowing that this time, you know the reason behind my smile. Even when we’re not working together, we’ll keep thinking about each other. Then a LINE message would come, lighting the screen of my phone up or lighting yours. I smile as I see that I just got a new message.

-The filming has just ended. So, I send you a text without thinking.

I smiled at the text.

-Really? So, is there any kissing scene in yours? (I also send this without thinking).

I don’t need to wait long for the reply to come.

-Hmm… About that. You should just see it for yourself later. (laugh).

-Eeeeee? “o_O)???

-I’m not telling.

-Hah. Fine.

-I’m on my way there. See you soon  :heart:

I keep on smiling, reading your text. Meanwhile, Mariko is talking with Haruu about the taping of a TV show we had just finished. We are still in the dressing room, getting ready to leave the TV station.

“Did something good just happen? You look really happy,” Mariko asks, noticing my expression.

I just keep on smiling.

"Paruru just said that she’ll join us for lunch. She’s on her way.”

Yes. I feel happy just from knowing that we’ll get to spend some time, having a meal together. I feel happy just from our short text messages banter. I feel happy just from noticing that you added a little heart at the end of your message—something you’ve probably done to others as well, countless time. Even if you did shoot a kissing scene with some handsome guy, nothing would wipe this smile off my face. Because, now I know that the only person with whom you share your real kiss is me and no one else.

I put the phone inside my bag, humming the last verse of that one particular song we sang together.

Yes. It's true. I don’t want to be your friend. And I am glad that you didn’t want to be my friend either.

END.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline sadrilim

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2016, 09:28:40 PM »
The way you describe their feelings to each other was great!

I like the  your writing style.

keep the good work; author san.

Offline TotyTRC

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2016, 04:55:34 AM »
Suuuuuuuper good! I imagined everything as if it really was happening and OMG, like I said before, the way you write it makes it feel more realistic and feasible. Yui's and Paru's feelings and way of speaking... I can believe that becoming true. And when Yui started to cry and Paruru teasingly laughed and hugged her... agh! That's something that would happen, too!
I admire everything about this fic so I'm just gonna say thank you very much! Realistically beautiful!

Offline Yuki88

• The Nocturnal Black Snow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2016, 09:05:12 AM »
Omg I really love how you described their interaction and Yui's hesitation!! It's been a long while since I had a giggle and held my breath reading a fic!!
Anai Chihiro is my one and only.

"Are we nothing more than the captain and her vice captain?"

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Tumblr version of my fics archive: http://blacksnow88.tumblr.com/

Offline DeNight

• Member+
    • ArchDeNight
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2016, 09:41:29 AM »
Dear Friends,

Thank you. It's really nice to know that I didn't disappoint you with the second part.

@sadrilim: I'm glad you think so. I also read your stories and like them. Hope to read more from you. *Would be great if I can read more YuiParu from you, hehe  :D

@ TotyTRC: You're welcome. Glad that I can add some more flowers to your imagination, hehe. I also like that part (which actually wasn't there when I wrote it for the first time). Ah, and for the first part, I actually really like the part where Paru hugged Yuihan from behind her chair, hehe... We and our delusional minds...  XD

@Yuki88: Thank you. Sometimes I felt that way, too, when I read a fic. Glad that I could actually make others giggled and held their breath with mine (didn't think I could do it before you said so, hehe). Oh, and I read your stories, too. I'm actually not really into HKT, but you managed to make me feel interested in ChiiNatsu  :D

Now, with all the work this month, I don't know if I'll be able to write and post a new fic this weekend. But I do have a couple ideas in mind. I wonder... Should I write some fluff or more angst for the next one? What do you think, Friends?

Offline Yuki88

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2016, 11:30:36 AM »
Do you know how much I squealed inwardly when you said I made you feel interested in ChiiNatsu? Someone gimme something to hug I'm melting!! (no jk I'm freezing, actually)

That said, of your question, I found myself deprived of angsty fics that managed to catch my attention lately. So perhaps you should write an angst, but I'm pretty much fine with fluff too. It's all up to you haha (I know I'm not helping at all lol).

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2016, 08:13:39 PM »
I really liked me your story a lot.
I have not read many YuiParu, but I'll be careful if you write something.
I hope to see  (read) you soon!

Offline sadrilim

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2016, 03:54:06 AM »
sure do, I am planning to make YuiParu OS.
please wait for it.  :)

Offline DeNight

• Member+
    • ArchDeNight
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2016, 01:06:14 PM »
Dear Friends,

Thank you. You all are so kind.

@Yuki88: Yeah.. You're not really helping *chuckle*. But, really, thanks for all that ChiiNatsu fics. I hope that I can get to know their characters more so I can write one about them in the future.  :)

@Minami-chan: Thank you. It gives me warm feelings whenever someone said that they like my writing and will wait for more. It's really motivating.  :)

@sadrilim: Of course! I am already waiting since you finished "My Salty Cat"  :)

Btw, Friends. I have to say that I am really really sorry. I know that I promised you another YuiParu this weekend. But, today, I just went ahead and wrote a SayaMilky and started a new thread for it *sorryyyyy*. Well, I actually am planning to post a longer YuiParu fic on that thread right after the SayaMilky one, though. So, if you're interested, please do check the story here and keep an eye for any updates in this and that thread. Thank you.

*And for all the silent readers, thank you! I know you're there. I can only hope that you also enjoy reading the fics I wrote :)

Offline DeNight

• Member+
    • ArchDeNight
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2016, 06:55:35 PM »
Dear Friends,

It's been a while, isn't it :) ?

I am quite fond of the idea of reincarnation. Just as I am fond of the idea of parallel universe. So, the next fics in this thread will be written with those in mind. There will be some short OS and some long ones, some with clear plot and some without. But, it will all be AUs.

I'd like to think that YuiParu may have lived a thousand lives and will live another thousand more, and they will always run into each other. Whether they really end up together or not, it doesn't matter. I would just like to think that their fates are linked, no matter how many lives they have lived.

So... Here's one of the stories. Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing the idea down... :)

THE LIGHTS

Have you ever seen the lights? Sometimes, in the midst of the crowd, I saw some lights. Some people just stood out like that. It was as if some invisible lanterns were just shining, only for them. The color of the lights might vary, but they always seemed warm—just like the lights of some fireflies I once saw in a summer, years ago. Interesting. They really were—especially since I couldn’t really see anything except the lights.

People with the lights were always strangers. People that I didn’t know at all. People that I had never met. Needless to say that they were also people that I had never seen before.

However, whenever I saw their lights, I had the feeling that we were connected in some way. People with the brightest lights would usually turn out to be someone that I would be involved with in the near future. Meanwhile, people whose lights were less bright might be the ones with whom I had been involved with in a distant past or would be involved with in a distant future—and by saying distant, I meant not in this life.

The color and the brightness of the lights were not connected in anything earth bound, like social standing, wealth, or health. I presumed, they were more connected with how close or how important the person was to me. I knew that if I really tried, I might be able to see what kind of connection we had or would have—and how it would affect me and the person. But, most of the time, I decided not to look. I would rather do that for my clients—to see their past, present, or their future and its impact to their position. They were all very important people after all. As for my own life, I had no interest in knowing too much ahead of time.

Everyone had their own fate. If it was destined to be, it would happen eventually. It’s inevitable. There’s no difference between knowing and not. Thus, I’d rather just wait and let it be.

“Shimazaki-sama, we have arrived,” I heard Haruu’s voice as I felt the cart came to a halt.

It had been a long journey. It took us a few days just to reach Heian-kyo. I had never traveled this far before.

If it was any other people, I would rather stay in my residence and just send a messenger to answer whatever question they had in mind. But, since it was the powerful Fujiwara clan, sending a mere messenger would have probably been seen as an insult. Therefore, there was no other choice.

I tried to get off the cart with Komari’s help as Haruu went to inform the guards on our arrival. I guessed the long journey did leave me exhausted because, as soon as I had both of my feet on the ground, I felt a surge of dizziness. I was just about to fall out of balance when, all of a sudden, I saw some light engulfing me.

“Are you okay, Ma’am?”

It took me a few seconds to realize that the voice came from the light.

Hai… Arigatou.”

I heard Komari moving closer. She and the person of the light helped me to regain my balance.

“I am really sorry, Shimazaki-sama! I was asking the hired helps to take care of our belongings. I should have paid more attention,” she apologized.

“It is all right, Komari.”

She proceeded to thank the person who helped me earlier.

Sumimasen.

I heard another voice coming from somewhere nearby. The person apologized for interrupting us and asked a permission to take their leave. I only nodded and let Komari did all the talking.

“Yokoyama! You shouldn’t just approach and embrace the Oracle like that! She is an important person of high social standing!”

The voice was muffled, but I could hear what the person was saying as they walked away.

“Aah, sumimasen, …” was the only reply.

I moved my head towards them and I could still see the light.

“Soft purple…,” I mumbled.

Komari must have thought that I called her because she responded with a “Shimazaki-sama?”

“Nothing…” I said, but then I changed my mind and said, “The woman who helped me just now… What… What did she look like?”

“The woman?” Komari sounded confused, “Ano… Shimazaki-sama… It was a man. A young samurai.”

I was puzzled.

“Really?”

Hai…”

Interesting. I was sure that it was a woman. A young woman with a soft purple light. But, if Komari said so then… Well, perhaps he was a woman in another life.

Before I started walking towards the gate of Fujiwara residence, I turned my head to their direction once again. Somehow, I felt a strange pull towards the person. But, seeing his faint light, we might not yet destined to properly meet—not in this life.

Someday, somewhere, we might see each other again. When the time comes, I wondered if I will be able to remember this day. Will I be able to know that it’s him, then? Will I still feel this strange pull towards him? I didn’t know. Whatever destiny we might have in this life and the next, I only wish that one day I will be able to see more than just his light.

END.

Offline Kairi65

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 70% Neutral Reader
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2016, 12:02:37 PM »
ugh...this is just so....

*cry me a river*

Offline Yuki88

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2016, 04:29:02 PM »
I like the theme! So it's either Paru is seeing her future with Yui there or... hehe.

Offline DeNight

• Member+
    • ArchDeNight
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2016, 01:22:25 PM »
Dear Friends,

Thank you for reading my last fic. An extra thanks for you who left a comment  :)

@Kairi65: There, there... Please don't cry... If you cried over that last fic, I don't know how you would react to this one *chuckle*

@Yuki88: Thank you! I like the theme as well. And I am curious to know what suppose to come after that "or..." *chuckle*

It's been about a week and a half since my last post in this thread. So, here you go. I present you with a longer fic this time. Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing the story  :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIDNIGHT RIDES

We met for the first time on a Saturday night. It was around midnight and I just decided to extend my shift a bit since I knew that sleep would not come to me before dawn. You were just walking out of the back entrance of a posh apartment complex. You had a long coat and a mask on. Your short brown hair was blown by the wind. After looking here and there, you raised your hand, signaling me to drive your way. I made a stop right in front of you and you immediately opened the door before letting yourself in. You mentioned an address and I just gave an affirmative answer, letting you know that I knew where you wanted to go. Then, you stayed silent for the rest of the way. I needed to check the rear-view mirror a few times just to make sure that you were still there, sitting at the back seat. When we arrived at your destination, you gave me more money than necessary. I said my thanks, but you didn’t say anything. You just walked straight to the building’s back entrance. It was another posh apartment complex.

The second time we met, I was driving near a TV station. It was a Wednesday night, a few days after our first encounter. I was hoping to get some passengers before midnight since I only got a few in the afternoon. Then, there you were, waving on the side of the street, giving me a signal to stop. You were wearing the same long coat and a mask like before and—somehow—I just knew it was you. So, I stopped right in front of you. Just like before, you immediately opened the door and sat at the back in silent. The only time you said a word was when you mentioned your destination—the apartment complex from which I picked you up last Saturday. When we arrived at your destination, once again, you paid more than necessary. I wanted to say thank you, but you were already gone.

The third time we met was on the following Sunday morning. It was around 3 A.M. and I was just driving aimlessly—didn’t really have anything to do since I still had trouble sleeping. I was passing that other apartment complex where you got off last Saturday night when I saw you walking out of the back entrance. You didn’t even need to call me this time. Right when you’re about to reach the side of the street, I drove slowly and stopped right in front of you. I caught you off guard—fear was written all over your face. But, that fear quickly faded away as I popped my head out of the front window and asked if you need a taxi cab. You didn’t reply. You just opened the door and got in, sitting on the back seat. However, this time you were not completely silent.

“This is not the first time I ride this cab.”

It was not a question, just a simple statement. But, I answered anyway.

“Yes, Ma’am.”

I asked where I should take you. You mentioned the name of that apartment complex I assumed to be the place where you lived. I took you there in silence—just the way you were during the rest of the ride. When we reached your destination, again, you gave me more payment than necessary. I started to think of you as my favorite passenger.

The fourth time we met, you recognized me right away. Well, it was probably not me that you recognized. It’s probably just the number of the taxi cab or the tiny cat stickers that were visible on the back windows. Whatever that was, you sure did recognize me that Saturday night although it was almost midnight.

“It’s you again.”

It was another statement. There was no indication whether you were glad or annoyed to see me again. So, I answered it in similar manner.

“Yes, Ma’am.”

You immediately let yourself in and sat on the back seat. You mentioned that other apartment complex even before I asked where your destination was. So, I simply drove accordingly.

“Do you still work around 3 A.M.?” you suddenly asked when you handed me the payment.

I actually didn’t work that late—I was just driving aimlessly when I picked you up around that hour a few days ago. But, you were my favorite passenger—the one who never complained and always paid more. So, I said yes.

“If you’re not driving another passenger, please pick me up at that hour.”

I nodded. At least, now I had an excuse to stay awake. An excuse other than my sleeping problems.

But, I didn’t know it was going to be a regular thing. Starting that night, at least twice a week, around midnight, I would drive you to that other apartment. Then, around 3 A.M., I picked you up, taking you back to your place. We didn’t exchange any contact details. You just told me when I should pick you up next as we arrived at your apartment complex. I never asked. I just did as told.

“Did you tell anyone that you’ve been picking me up?”

You suddenly asked on our 23th ride.

“No,” was my answer. But, then, I thought about the question again and said, “Should I?”

“No,” was your answer.

Then, for the first time, you smiled. You had been taking your mask off during the last few rides. So, I could see the way your lips were stretched upwards from the rear-view mirror. There were a couple dimples on your cheeks. I thought that they were really cute. I wished you would smile more often.

But, then, that day came. The day when you seemed very upset when I picked you up from that other apartment complex. It was our 36th ride and I had never seen that kind of expression on your face before. You seemed like you were really mad, that you wanted to scream in rage. But, at the same time, you seemed like you were on the verge of crying your heart out. I would rather see the cold and distant expression you had on our first few rides than this—I wanted to tell you that. But, you stayed silent for the rest of our ride, just looking out of the window, drown in your thoughts. So, I kept my mouth shut. It might be better if you just let the tears out. At least, then, I would be able to accompany you until you’re done so you don’t have to be alone in your sorrow later on.

When we arrived at your apartment complex, you didn’t move. We both stayed seated in silence for a few minutes. You might need some time to calm the storm inside you and I didn’t want to disturb that process.

“Take me somewhere else,” you suddenly said.

“Where do you want to go, Ma’am?” was my response.

“Anywhere is fine.”

I didn’t ask further. I just started the car again and drove away. Right after we left your apartment complex, I turned the taximeter off. It would be a long ride and I didn’t want you to pay for trying to escape from your pain. I would just think of it as my treat—after all, you had always paid me more all this time.

Even after almost two hours ride, you didn’t even ask where we were going. I didn’t know whether you really trusted me that much or you just too deep in your own world. Even when I pulled a stop at the seaside, you didn’t move or say a word. When I heard you started sobbing, I immediately took my handkerchief out and held it out to you.

I got out of the cab after you took the handkerchief from me. You seemed like someone who didn’t really like to show your tears to others. So, I wanted to give you some space and time to let your feelings out.

I leaned on the cab while facing the sea. The cold autumn wind was blowing like crazy. I was glad to have a thermos filled with warm tea with me at that time.

When you decided to come out of the cab, I offered you a cup. You took it and sipped the warm tea in silence. Your eyes were so puffy, but at least you seemed calmer somehow.

“Feeling better?” I asked, trying to offer you my best smile.

You looked at me for a second before you lowered your gaze and muttered a, “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

I noticed that you were shaking. I didn’t know whether that was from the sorrow that overcame you or because of the wind. But, I took my jacket out of the front passenger seat and draped it over your long coat. Once again, you thanked me.

“You know,” I said, “In a few minutes, we can see the sunrise from this beach. Is it okay if we stayed a little bit more?”

You didn’t say a thing. You just nodded in response. But, when the sun started to rise and the color of the horizon changed, I think I could see your eyes full of wonder.

“I always love the dawn and the sunrise,” I said, “They always remind me that, no matter how dark the night is, it will eventually end as the morning light will cast the darkness away.”

We stood there for a few more seconds. Then I put the thermos away and started to get ready to drive back.

“Let’s go?” I asked.

You didn’t say anything. But, when I opened the driver seat’s door, I felt a tug on my left hand. I looked at you with a questioning smile.

“I don’t want to go home…,” you said, swallowing a sob, “I don’t want…to be alone…”

You looked so vulnerable. You couldn’t even look me in the eyes as you said those words. It must have not been easy for you to admit that. I gave your hand a little squeeze so you would look at me.

“Well, you are not alone right now, are you?” I smiled.

I used our joined hands to guide you to the other side of the cab. Then, I opened the door to the front passenger seat, motioning for you get in. When you were settled there, I walked around and took my place at the driver seat. As I started the car, I took a glance your way. Ah, I really wanted to hold you then—wanted to tell you that everything’s going to be all right.

Since you said that you didn’t want to be alone in your home, I did the only thing I could think of—I took you to my place. It was a small flat, nothing like your apartment. Most of the residence of my building had been awake at that time. Some of them greeted me as I slowly parked the cab on its usual spot while you put your mask and a pair of glasses on.

We took the stairs to reach the third floor. Then I took my keys out to open the door, the third one on the left side of the stairs. You were mumbling a “Shitsureishimasu” as we entered.

Come to think of it, small was an understatement. My flat was cramped. Other than the bed, a small low table, and a couple of book shelves, I barely had any space to put anything else. The bathroom and the kitchen area were also cramped--but, at least, I had them.

“You don’t even own a TV.”

Not a question, but I replied anyway.

“I don’t really have the time to watch anything,” I chuckled, “So, I don’t think I need it.”

I took your long coat off and hang it on a hanger behind the door. I let you know that you were free to use the bed—I would just spread some blankets on the floor for myself later on. Then, I went to take a shower.

When I was done brushing my teeth, I looked at my own reflection in the mirror above the sink—wondering whether taking you home was the right decision. We’re strangers after all. The 36 rides we shared couldn’t change that fact. Or… could they?

I put my pajama on and went out of the bathroom. You were sitting on the edge of the bed—seemed lost and were unsure on what to do. I took a white T-shirt and a pair of shorts out, offering them to you as a change of clothes.

“You may also take a shower if you want,” I said as I held the clothes out to you.

But, you took both of my hands instead, holding them tight. I smiled and took a seat next to you. Slowly, I took your glasses and your mask off, putting them on the table.

“Get some rest, okay?” I said.

I moved to spread a blanket and took my place on the floor. But, you held onto the back of my shirt, stopping me from any movement. I was just about to ask what was wrong when you started sobbing again.

“Don’t…leave me…”

I stood there for a while, letting you cry onto the back of my shirt. Then, I turned around and sat on the floor in front of you. Tears were still streaming down your face. I wiped them away with my fingers.

“I’m here. I’m not going anywhere.”

You looked at me with your teary eyes. I didn’t know who started it, but, then we shared a kiss. As I kissed you back, I wondered whether it was okay to do that. But, I didn’t want you to feel rejected and—truth be told—I had been wanting to hold you and kiss away your sorrow since I picked you up from that apartment complex. So, when the kiss progressed into something more, I didn’t do anything to stop it from happening.

I knew it wasn’t me in your mind that morning. I knew it wasn’t my name on the tip of your tongue, not my name that you wanted to call as you came. After all, even after all those midnight rides, we still hadn’t known each other’s name. But, I don’t care. The only thing on my mind at that time was that I wanted to give you as much pleasure as I could. I wanted to let you know that you were not alone. I tried to let you know that you were wanted.

Since when did I care about you this much? Was it the rides we shared? Or was it the sorrow that was evident in your eyes? I didn’t even know. All I knew was that I wanted to ease all your pain. So, I hold you in my arms until we both fell asleep.

It was already late in the afternoon when I opened my eyes. You were nowhere to be seen. I got up from the bed, covering my nakedness with the blanket as I saw that change of clothes I wanted to lend you was folded on the table. What I found next to it left me with shame and humiliation.

A ‘thank you’ was written on a piece of paper. Right next to it was a big sum of money. I took the money and counted it. Even if I turned the taximeter on last night, the fare would be covered by only one tenth of what you left me. I screamed in frustration as I threw the money to the floor, letting it scattered everywhere. Then, I sat down and cried.

I was not a sex worker. I was only a taxi driver who came to like you. I cared about you—probably even more than thought I did. I wanted to comfort you, wanted to make all your pain go away. So, I let you to use me—to use my body as you were hoping to do it with someone else. I was poor. But… I. Am. Not. A prostitute.

I cried and cried until the dusk came. Then, I went to wash myself, getting ready to start my shift a few hours late. Before I left my flat, I picked all the money that was scattered. I thought, if I saw you again that night, I would make it clear that I didn’t want any of your money.

But, I didn’t see you that night. Or the night after. Or even many nights after that. Granted, you didn’t leave any message, saying when or where I should pick you up next. But, I thought, driving around your apartment complex or the other one a few times a night would make me run into you eventually. However, even after a few months of being some kind of a stalker, I didn’t see you at all.

That was when I started to regret not knowing your contact details. That was the time when I regret not knowing anything about you. How could I find someone whose name I didn’t even know?

On the sixth months after your disappearance, I started to let everything go. I put the money you left in a box of memorabilia I kept deep in my drawer. I stopped driving around the places I ever took you. I started to make some friends. I forced myself to sleep at midnight with the help of some sleeping pills—trying to form a different sleeping habit so I could spend more times with other people and not just locking myself in my room after each shift. When I could manage to sleep and wake up early, I asked to be placed in the morning shift instead of the evening one. I had stopped waiting for the sun to rise.

“Done with your shift, Yui?” Rie, one of my neighbors, asked as I parked my cab on its usual spot that afternoon.

I nodded and smiled in reply.

“Why don’t you come in? I want to surprise Sasshi with a nice dinner tonight and I need a taste tester,” she said, grinning while showing the paper bags full of groceries in her hands.

I chuckled at her offer as I get out of my cab. I took one of the paper bags from her and followed her into the second door on the right side of the second floor. When we arrived at her and Sasshi’s place, she asked me to take a seat and wait as she prepared the dinner. I was just about to sit on the carpet when a tabloid on the low table caught my eyes.

“Rie, is this yours?” I asked, wanting to gain permission to take it.

Rie took a peek from the kitchen area before saying, “Oh, it’s one of Sasshi’s old tabloids. You know, she loves reading gossips about idols and stuff. You can read it if you want.”

I didn’t even wait for her to finish her sentence as I had already started to read the front page.

SHIMAZAKI HARUKA WAS SEEN AT A MATERNITY WARD IN A SAITAMA HOSPITAL.
A TRUSTWORTHY SOURCE SAID THAT SHE LEFT THE COUNTRY TO HIDE HER PREGNANCY.

The headlines were printed in bold letters along with a torso picture of you in a white dress and a small black and white picture of you in a hospital.

Finally, I found you. Finally, I knew your name. Finally,…I found a possible reason behind your sudden disappearance.

But, I was six month late. If I knew all about it sooner… If I knew…

What exactly could I do if I had known about it sooner? What could a poor taxi driver do for a superstar like you? I felt even more frustrated after I learned more about you. I let out a wry laugh.

“Yui? Are you okay?” asked Rie, concerned.

I gave her a smile and a nod, trying to let her know that I was okay—even though I didn’t feel okay at all.

Perhaps, it was time. It was the time for me to let go of you completely. After all, you had long gone, vanished into thin air. Even if you were back into my life, there was nothing I could do for you. Yes. Perhaps, it was time for me to forget about that night and all those midnight rides we shared.

THE END.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End note: I know I put a "The End" up there. But, I wonder if I should just continue this story...?

Offline junchan

• Junchan48's second account. Yoroshiku~
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2016, 03:46:52 PM »
You should continue this fic, author-san!
Just make YuiParu happy with each other ><
I'm a hardshipper of many pair! lol
Yoroshiku~

Offline Kairi65

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 70% Neutral Reader
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2016, 08:15:55 PM »
 :on yellcard: :on voodoo:
NOOO!!!!!

You should continue this fic, author-san!
Just make YuiParu happy with each other ><

agreed!

Offline TotyTRC

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2016, 09:11:36 PM »
WHY WOULDN'T YOU?!
Ehem, I mean, it's a good story and I would like to read more about it because I found it very entertaining *read it with a fake solemn and calm voice*
Okay, joke aside, I loved it! As a one shot, the story is very good, but if you are willing to continue then I'm more than willing to read! I liked it a lot.
Thanks for this nice fanfic, I hope to read another beautiful yuiparu of yours soon.  :)

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Exile - Touch the Sky (feat. Bach Logic)