JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Veltpunch - H.A.N.A.T.A.V.A

Author Topic: [CHI] Stephen Chow  (Read 91218 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI] Stephen Chow
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2009, 07:01:25 AM »
Sing Yeh is smart!! Not being a second fiddle in a big Hollywood movie *cough Dragonball*

Here's to him doing a drama like Jackie Chan. Crime Thriller. Written by John Woo. cuz Hollywood  just can't handle his comedy!!!

how to put out a fire part2 (stephen chow)

Offline shimesa

« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2009, 02:32:48 AM »
im a big fans of his :D his shows are just so nice ! :rofl:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2009, 09:08:26 PM »
ME TOO. He is my hero. CLASSIC STEPHEN CHOW on TVB Anniversary show with the GREAT Ng Man Tat

Stephen Chow Talk Show

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2009, 02:00:30 PM »
I didn't see him in 'Founding of a Republic'

Classic comedy!!孖仔孖心肝 starring Sing Yeah and Lau Ching Wan!! they supposed to be twins

周星馳 孖仔孖心肝 搞笑 精華 9

ROFL SPIT TAKE
周星馳 孖仔孖心肝 搞笑 精華 7

Offline freakn_emo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ore Wa Rika Chan fan zutto Zutto!!!!
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2009, 05:52:40 AM »
i heard he already started kung-fu hustle 2

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2009, 09:30:28 AM »
no kidding??? I can't find any news links about what he's doing lately. Guess it pays to live in Hong Kong and/or know chinese XD

A little. In this clip he's like "Ahh why am I a failure" then he sees a bag of money. "hey...HEY! I dropped a bag of money in Tsai Wan and I found it here in Kwung Tong! Believe me brother!" he tells the dude who just stepped out. Then a thug comes in dropping a coin, and dude pulls the same stunt on the thug. The thug goes "Huh? Can it be done?" :lol:
周星馳 孖仔孖心肝 搞笑 精華 1

Offline freakn_emo

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2009, 01:45:10 PM »
yeah im chinese so i get all the celeb news since i got chinese cable and a shitload of sources and i live in the U.S.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2009, 08:24:57 PM »
ooh cool i am chinese too and have cable but it's all TVB :lol:

not enuff good series like this, lau ching wan thinks Stephen Chow is a triad XD
周星馳 孖仔孖心肝 搞笑 精華 2

Offline freakn_emo

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2009, 06:02:58 AM »
same here we got jade world along with direct tv

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2009, 11:25:46 AM »
^ Thank GOD  :otomerika: for the internet. I have fahn bahn'd all his movies practically  :nervous

This is just makes me  :thumbdown:

Stephen Chow's FLIRTING SCHOLAR to Be Prequeled without Stephen Chow (MonkeyPeaches Exclusive)

November 5, 2009

What a disappointing surprise.
Flirting Scholar, released in 1993, is one of Stephen Chow most memorable comedies.

Last month a Beijing-based previously unknown company called 21st Century Wei Ke Film announced it had acquired the rights to shoot a sequel/prequel to the classic.

In in original, Tong Pak-Foo, a wealthy and well-known young scholar disguises as a houseboy just get closer to the girl he falls in love with, Chou Heung (Gong Li), a housemaid. Story of the prequel will tell an early love story of Tong Pak-Foo and Chou Heung.

Stephen Chow has never been associated with the project. Gong Li, reportedly has been offered to play, not Chou Heung, but mother of Tong Pak-Foo. It said she was considering, but most likely, she would turn it down.

21st Century Wei Ke has just announced Lee Lik-Chi, the director of the original, will return to helm the prequel and Charles Heung, the presenter of the original, will work as the executive producer. The action will be handled by Dion Lam (Spider-Man 2, The Matrix trilogy, The Storm Riders), the camera will be operated by Poon Hang-Sang (CJ7, Fearless, Kung Fu Hustle), and Lee King-Man (The New Legend of Shaolin, The Tai-Chi Master, Once Upon a Time in China) will work as the art director.

SOURCE: http://www.monkeypeaches.com

How can you do a sequel without Sing Yeh?!?! CHI SIN! Check his flow:

stephen chow rap(flirting scholar)

Gong Li and all the maidens totally wanted him after that scene CLASSSSSSIC! XD

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2009, 08:52:12 AM »
man - dug down and watched a shitload of old Stephen Chow movies BEFORE he became the comedic genius. Petty Triad Guy #3 in most of these, always driving. Always Big Shor in the movie, and Danny Lee :lol: Hell, he was even nominated for this movie:

Just Heroes was a mess too, u kinda knew all along who was the bad guy and it just ended suddenly "TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT HIM!!"

Offline hellcast

« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2010, 01:09:24 PM »
i loved kung-fu hustle. that one was a classic

Offline ryohazuki

« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2010, 07:14:56 PM »
I've loved his movies since I saw Kung Fu Hustle in theater. It might still be my favorite although I've seen only four other movies by him. I just watched Flirting Scholar because it had Gong Li as co-star and I've loved her even in not so good movies like Miami Vice. Fortunately Flirting Scholar was great fun. It was really fast paced joke after joke comedy and I can't remember when I've laughed so hard while watching it.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2010, 08:11:18 AM »
Stephen Chow redoing ‘Way of the Dragon?’

Last year Hong Kong comedy filmmaker and Bruce Lee fanatic Stephen Chow walked away from both directing and starring in Seth Rogen’s THE GREEN HORNET redo for unspecified reasons. Now it looks like he may be taking on another Bruce Lee project. Citing unnamed Hong Kong media reports, Channel News Asia says that Chow will begin shooting a new English-language film called TAI CHI that will feature Hollywood stars Jack Black and Anne Hathaway. The production will apparently begin shooting in the U.S. in June.

TAI CHI is based on Bruce Lee’s film WAY OF THE DRAGON. Chow’s film concerns a Chinese immigrant (Chow) working as a dishwasher in Chinatown while hiding his skills as a tai chi master. When gangsters oppress other local immigrants, the tai chi master comes to their defence. He later starts a martial arts school. According to the reports, Chow spent close to two years refining the script for the film which repeatedly stalled production and caused Columbia Pictures to pull out of the project, to be replaced by another Hollywood backer.

It’s also stated that Chow has been extremely nervous about making his English-language debut and has been working with a language tutor. In Bruce Lee’s WAY OF THE DRAGON, Lee played a kung fu master who defended Chinese immigrants in Rome from mobsters. The film climaxed with an unforgettable match between Lee and newcomer Chuck Norris in the Roman Colosseum. Chow’s genuine affinity for Bruce Lee is well documented. Most of his films feature some homage to the late kung fu star. Chow parodied Lee’s FIST OF FURY in FIST OF FURY 1991. Chow also appears to have a fondness for tai chi, an internal martial art that he has previously showcased in exaggerated fashion in SHAOLIN SOCCER.
http://www.kungfucinema.com/stephen-chow-redoing-way-of-the-dragon-13762

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2010, 08:16:27 AM »
WHOA. Finally an English project...this is gonna be interesting, a serious Sing Yeh?? If you seen his early triad movies with John Woo, etc. he can handle his own. One of the most underrated actors in HK.

fo sho hellcast & ryohazuki - Kung Fu Hustle doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of his genius. If you wanna see his best works, try Fight Back to School and Tricky Brains. Stephen Chow is WAY more than special FX.

Offline ryohazuki

« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2010, 12:35:39 PM »
fo sho hellcast & ryohazuki - Kung Fu Hustle doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of his genius. If you wanna see his best works, try Fight Back to School and Tricky Brains. Stephen Chow is WAY more than special FX.

I'm going to watch more of his movies but I don't think the earlier movies take anything away from enjoying Kung Fu Hustle. Some of funniest scenes in it like the knife throwing scene weren't even that heavy on special effects and Flirting Scholar and God of Cookery also have a lot of effects, just more traditional ones.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2010, 09:16:41 AM »
All fans came in from different eras in his career :yep: He is by far - the hardest worker in showbiz. I admire how he takes it to the next level each time, he coulda made Shaolin Soccer 5 by now.

I had no idea Sing Yeh was doing promos for Nike Red :thumbsup

more random commercials in this fan youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/SingchiChow

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #118 on: April 25, 2010, 11:52:05 AM »

Offline whorocks

« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2010, 03:09:04 AM »
personally loved The Top Bet and All for the Winner.
Classics!

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Veltpunch - H.A.N.A.T.A.V.A