JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Buono! - Sorashido -Nee Nee-

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Star Wars Thread  (Read 81835 times)

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
Re: The OFFICIAL Star Wars Thread
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2009, 04:05:32 PM »
^ Duuuude! I want those :lol:
[All hail AiButt! Sig by Dinny!]

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2009, 10:06:33 PM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2009, 02:32:09 AM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2009, 01:50:19 PM »
Rumor: Might There Be a New Star Wars Film on the Horizon?

It almost always seems like there's a new Star Wars project on the horizon. From the recent computer animated TV series (that honestly, despite its different visual style and feature film misstep, has a tone and execution closer to the original trilogy than the prequels) to a forthcoming live action TV series, I don't think we'll ever be short of Star Wars media. However, when it comes to the feature film side of George Lucas' sci-fi epic, that's really where heads start turning. So listen up, because according to a blog entry (via AICN) by George Lucas collaborator Thomas Dolby, a brand new Star Wars film might actually be in the works.

In a December 5th blog entry, Dolby very nonchalantly states: "I'm in Tiburon, CA, jetlagged and wide awake at 5am… My host is friend and former collaborator Paul Sebastien, who over the years has worked for Xbox, Playstation, and now LucasArts. Last night he was telling me a little about the forthcoming Star Wars-related TV show, movie and online games—very cool indeed." Of course "Star Wars-related" leaves it a little open for interpretation, but mentioning a "movie" in the same breath as the TV series and video games makes it a little more than an empty statement. However, there's no word on what stories in the Star Wars universe a new flick would focus on. With all the exposure the Clone Wars are getting, I can't imagine anymore time being spent on another feature film in that time period.

Honestly, I think the best place for Star Wars to go is the future, after the conclusion of Return of the Jedi and a new trilogy should take a cue from the well-written and loyal-to-the-universe 19-novel series The New Jedi Order. A whole slew of characters from the original trilogy as well as the Expanded Universe are thrown into one series where the story revolves around a lethal alien force called the Yuuzhan Vong invading the galaxy some 21 years after the events seen in Return of the Jedi. The story is epic in scale, shaking the galaxy to its core by leaving no character safe from the clutches of a grisly fate at the hands of this new alien force. Anyway, all we can do for now is speculate, cheer, or complain until we hear anything official about a movie from George Lucas and company.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/12/09/might-there-be-a-brand-new-star-wars-film-on-the-horizon/

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2009, 02:00:21 PM »
Second-hand blog postings. XD

I wouldn't mind though. Star Wars is still awesome - just needs the casting and dialogue to make it shine through.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2009, 08:48:31 PM »

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2009, 11:36:20 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2009, 05:32:32 PM »
70 Minute Review of how stupid Phantom Menace is

Best part is when people are asked to describe characters like Qui-Gon Jinn, cause even I struggled with them XD
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 05:43:18 PM by Tuffty »

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 05:11:37 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 09:11:16 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2010, 01:58:39 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2010, 12:03:15 AM »
Lucas gives approval to animated Star Wars sitcom

Lucasfilm Animation is developing a new animated "Star Wars" TV comedy series.

Daytime Emmy and Gemini Award-winner Jennifer Hill ("The Backyardians") will produce with Todd Grimes ("Back at the Barnyard") directing. Brendan Hay ("The Daily Show") will be among the writers and Seth Green and Matthew Senreich, creators and executive producers of "Robot Chicken," will have "creative involvement.

Project marks the second "Star Wars" skein created by Lucasfilm Animation. The first was "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," which premiered in 2008 on the Cartoon Network. Series is currently in its second season.

No start date or network for the comedy skein have been announced.

A sitcom? Really? Apparently there's another series in the works that's attempting to appeal to pre-schoolers. Talk about overkill huh? No need for it, just give them a couple of years and then let them watch the original trilogy. I don't like the idea of a new generation getting more familar with the prequel garbage than the originals. Or that they know Anakin Skywalker before Han Solo, that's just so very wrong.

Here's a 90 minute review of Attack Of The Clones. Funny stuff. The dissection of Anakin and Padme's relationship is pure lols :lol:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2010, 05:23:38 AM »
^
Oh for FUCK's sake!
:shilivid:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Scramasax

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2010, 02:10:02 PM »
George, when you hit rock bottom, don't start digging.  :?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2010, 02:44:07 PM »

Offline revan

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2010, 06:52:46 AM »
@ mugen
very like it!! especially Veers' status..  :twothumbs

still hoping for the third starwars trilogy..

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2010, 04:38:48 PM »
Star Wars goes Blu Ray (but only the Special Edition Versions from 2004 :( )

http://www.starwars.com/themovies/saga/mebd/bluray/index.html

The Star Wars saga will at long last be released in a high-definition home video format as all six movies come to Blu-Ray in a Box Set in Fall 2011, as announced by George Lucas this morning at Celebration V. At the fan convention's Main Event, thousands of Star Wars fans braved the muggy heat of an Orlando morning to queue for a one-time only stage session between George Lucas and The Daily Show's Jon Stewart. Stewart asked Lucas questions submitted from the fan community, and one of the most frequently asked questions submitted online prior to the Main Event was about the saga's release on Blu-Ray.

"I wish I could say it was coming out this year," said Lucas, "but it will come out next year."

The set will feature all six live-action Star Wars feature films, with the highest picture and audio quality, along with extensive special features.

Star Wars fans were treated to a glimpse of bonus material, in the form of a long-lost deleted scene from Return of the Jedi. The scene has long been talked about online -- a sequence that depicts Luke Skywalker assembling his new, green-bladed lightsaber prior to infiltrating Jabba the Hutt's palace. After completing the Jedi weapon, Luke stashes it in R2-D2's dome. What makes the Jedi deleted clip so remarkable is that it made it all the way to postproduction before it was cut, so it is a rare example of a cut scene with completed visual effects and music.

Actor Mark Hamill came out to describe the scene, remarking that once again his original introduction in a Star Wars film was cut out (his Anchorhead introduction was, of course, cut from A New Hope). Luke's intro is purposely played as ominous, with his face cowled in shadows and his intentions unclear."I had the black cloak, the glove, and I thought, wow, this time around I get to be the antagonist. Little did I know I was predicting the path of the prequels," said Hamill, noting the similarities to Luke in this scene and Anakin Skywalker's appearance.
りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

がんばれいな!- twitter - last.fm - DVD Profiler - tumblr

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2010, 09:05:28 PM »
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Buono! - Sorashido -Nee Nee-