JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dachambo - Stop The Rain

Author Topic: The Scarface Appreciation Thread  (Read 4471 times)

Tony Montana

The Scarface Appreciation Thread
« on: October 13, 2006, 07:47:57 PM »

"I'm Tony Montana! You fuck with me, you fuckin' with the best!"

Scarface is one of the best movies ever made and Tony Montana is the most gangsta character in the movie history. Now that the Platinum Edition DVD and The World Is Yours video game are both out, it's time to show Mr. Montana some love. I have been playing The World Is Yours all week long and it's the most addictive game in ages. Nothing is cooler than playing as Tony: you get to be an asshole, fuck up cats and deal coke. I just completed the first part of the game and there has already been tons of epic moments. Killing the Diaz brothers with a chainsaw gave me a fucking adrenaline rush! If you're a Scarface fan and like GTA games then The World is Yours is a must get. I can guarantee y'all that this week's HiP HoP Hizzy will be heavily influenced by Scarface :yep:

So what are your favorite quotes and moments? IMO Scarface has the most epic ending ever... ah fuck it, the whole movie is epic as fuck :P

- Tony all coke'd up: dude had a fucking mountain of coke :shocked:
- Tony killing Manny: one of the most powerful movie scenes ever :shocked: :shocked:
- The ending: epic, just fucking epic :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

"Scarface is a 1983 motion picture directed by Brian de Palma, written by Oliver Stone and starring Al Pacino as Tony Montana, a fictional Cuban refugee who comes to Florida in 1980 as a result of the Mariel Boatlift. Kicked out of Cuba for being an assassin, Tony becomes a gangster against the backdrop of the 1980s cocaine boom; the movie chronicles his rise to the top of Miami's criminal underworld and subsequent downfall. The film is loosely based on the 1932 fictionalized Al Capone biopic, Scarface. Although initially released to little fanfare, and the target of harsh reviews, Scarface has more recently re-emerged as a celebrated film and fixture in pop culture, most notably within the world of hip-hop."

"You wanna fuck with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!"

"Scarface was directed by Brian De Palma, and written by now famed director Oliver Stone while he battled a cocaine addiction. Stone consulted the Miami police and the Drug Enforcement Agency while writing the film, incorporating many true crimes into the film (one set of crime scene photos Stone was shown depicted a man who had been dismembered with a chainsaw and stuffed into an aluminum trashcan). Also, there is some controversy regarding the origin of the character Tony Montana. Some people believe that the character was originally based on a wrestler who appeared in the World Wrestling Federation in the late 1970s. Others liken Tony with the real-life Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar. Ironically, a popular wrestler in the 1990s by the name of Razor Ramon recently confirmed in an interview with the Pro Wrestling Torch that he based his character whole-cloth on the character Tony Montana. Writer Oliver Stone claims in an interview first featured on the Collector's Edition DVD release, that he took the character's last name from his favorite football player at the time - Joe Montana of the San Francisco 49ers."

"In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women."

"The film was originally to be filmed in Florida but it received criticism from the Cuban community, which objected to the film's representation of Cubans as drug dealers. Also, leaders in the Cuban community wanted Stone and the movie's producers to include scenes which would show Anti-Castro activity in Miami as part of the movie's plot. After protracted negotiations over the script, the producers ultimately refused to give in to their demands, saying that the film was about cocaine and not the politics of Castro's Cuba. As a result, numerous employees who worked on the films received death threats. In order to ensure the safety of the crew and to avoid confrontations, with the exception being obvious exterior shots, the movie was filmed in and around Los Angeles. The film does contain scenes where other Cubans are disgusted by Tony's actions. One of the undercover officers during the sting was a Cuban commenting, "You make a real Cuban throw up!"

"Lesson number two: Don't get high on your own supply."

"When the film was submitted to the MPAA, it was rated X for the graphic language and violence. DePalma would edit the film two additional times, toning down the violence but still getting an X-rating from the MPAA. After the film was rejected for a third time, DePalma, when he appealed the MPAA's decision, convinced the MPAA with help from a panel of various real life police officers and narcotics officers, who told the MPAA that the violence in DePalma's films was an accurate portrayal of real life drug dealers and that the film should be released with its violence intact to show viewers how violent the drug trade was. After a vote of 18 to 2, the MPAA agreed to give the third cut of the film an R-rating. But DePalma, who felt that there were no real differences between the two "clean" cuts he put together and the original director's cut version, arranged to have his original "X" cut released to theaters with an R-rating.

"What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!"

"For the remainder of the 1980s, Scarface held the record for the movie containing the most uses of the word "fuck." (A popular Internet rumor states that the group Blink 182 got their name from a mis-count of how many times Tony says "fuck" in the film.). In 2006, a video entitled Scarface (Short Version) began circulating the internet. Consisting solely of clips of the word "fuck" (and its variations) from the film, it runs one minute and thirty seconds."

Scarface soundtrack

Tracklist:
1. Scarface (Push It to the Limit) - Pete Bellotte, Paul Engemann, Giorgio Moroder
2. Rush Rush - Debbie Harry, Giorgio Moroder
3. Turn Out the Light - Pete Bellotte, Amy Holland, Giorgio Moroder
4. Vamos a Bailar - Giorgio Moroder
5. Tony's Theme - Giorgio Moroder
6. She's on Fire - Pete Bellotte, Amy Holland, Giorgio Moroder
7. Shake It Up - Arthur Barrow, Giorgio Moroder
8. Dance, Dance, Dance - Beth Andersen, Arthur Barrow, Giorgio Moroder
9. I'm Hot Tonight - Arthur Barrow, Giorgio Moroder
10. Gina's and Elvira's Theme - Giorgio Moroder
http://rapidshare.de/files/36607925/Scarface_OST__1983_.rar.html

Scarface: Platinum Edition DVD out now!

http://www.scarface-dvd.com/

* Enhanced audio and digitally remastered picture
* Anamorphic widescreen (2.35:1) presentation
* Audio options: English 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 5.1 DTS, Spanish 2.0 Dolby Digital Mono, French 2.0 Dolby Digital Mono
* Subtitles: English, French and Spanish
* Featurette: "The World of Tony Montana"
* Scarface Scorecard
* Featurette: "Making of Scarface: The Video Game"
* Featurette: "The Rebirth of Scarface"
* Featurette: "Acting Scarface"
* Featurette: "Creating Scarface"
* Featurette: "Scarface: The TV Version"
 * Deleted scenes

Scarface: The World Is Yours game out now!

http://www.scarfacegame.com/us/

* You are Tony Montana. Tony Montana embodies the ultimate American gangster, living by his own rules on his own terms as he builds an empire from the ground up. Ensuring an authentic videogame experience of the movie, film actor Al Pacino has lent his likeness to the game, assuring that players will embark on a journey that delivers the essence and soul of the Scarface mythology.

* Original story written by David McKenna. David McKenna, writer of the movies "Blow" and "American History X" has penned the story for Scarface: The World is Yours. Beginning with the explosive shootout at the end of the film, the Scarface video game immerses players in a "what if Tony survived?" storyline that allows fans of the movie and action gamers alike to experience a new chapter in the Tony Montana legacy.

* Explore vast environments. Players will travel through the steamy violent streets of Miami and surrounding islands, smuggling drugs and avoiding rivals and the DEA as they rebuild their fallen empire.

* Mix your own music. Gamers can play with an immersive soundtrack of music from the film's time period, or take control by choosing from a play list including hot new artists.

* All-Star cast of characters. The game's roster of voice actors includes original Scarface cast members Steven Bauer and Robert Loggia (who played Manny Ray and Frank Lopez respectively), comedians Jay Mohr and Cheech Marin, and actors James Woods, Miguel Sandoval, Robert Davi, Michael Rappaport and Michael York.

Offline Popcorn Joe

• Fap Master Flex
  • Member+
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 01:40:28 AM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOO~ probably the best movie i've ever seen next to visitor q! i gotta check out the game (despite hearing it sucks)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 06:57:58 PM »
Quote from: Popcorn Joe
i gotta check out the game (despite hearing it sucks)
I dunno about the PS2 and Xbox versions but the PC version (IGN gave it 8.7) is crack! It's better than GTA3 & Vice City and even tho it's not as complex and big as San Andreas it's more fun to play. So it's definitely worth checking out :)

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 09:57:50 PM »
the game is so cool! making drug deals and hearing Tony cursing every other word. It's great, course I have to make a lot of deals just to buy the big buildings(some worth 10-12 million dollars) You can tell I'm nearing the end of the game.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 09:58:51 PM »
Simply one of the best movies ever. Tony Montana is one of the sole influences on my life. THE WORLD IS YOURS!

So many favorite scenes...where to begin.

Like when they get their first job. He's got guns in his face - he knows the deal is going sour and he goes: "Why don't you try stickin' jou head up jour ass -- see if it fits" CLASSIC!!

Now I've gotta get a new graphics card JUST to play this game.

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 01:09:30 AM »
How Scarface Got His Groove Back

[yt]77s9f12S1IE[/yt]

Tony Montana is fucking hot!

Offline xtree

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 02:02:15 AM »
haha...just saw this thread

awesome tony montana is one of the greatest "bad guy" (he's a hero for some people) in movies
too bad he had to die

Offline michael08

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Scarface Appreciation Thread
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 04:29:13 AM »
wow dude that's great thanks to the files! i love this movie!!!

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 08:49:16 AM »
BALTI-MORE!!!!

man I love michelle pfeiffer :fap

Offline testingfaze

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 05:00:14 PM »
shes gonna be in dark shadow film

Offline bgstak69

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 06:15:45 PM »
Right now I'm following Tony's advice: First you get the money, then power, then girls.

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dachambo - Stop The Rain