JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Popcorn Love

Author Topic: The Hello! Project Postwhoring Thread  (Read 866577 times)

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Hello! Project Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #840 on: September 02, 2012, 07:41:52 AM »
Risa and Aika grad concert:

See the rest of it on this channel.

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #841 on: September 03, 2012, 08:03:56 AM »

« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 10:26:24 AM by oaxiac »

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #842 on: September 03, 2012, 03:20:48 PM »

now it makes me wonder what she does with all her other Gaki-san merchandise at home :lol:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #843 on: September 03, 2012, 04:18:40 PM »
Edit:

« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 05:55:25 PM by oaxiac »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #844 on: September 05, 2012, 06:40:02 PM »

@4:04 TMS PV w/ Gaki? :w00t:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:48:26 PM by oaxiac »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #845 on: September 08, 2012, 11:35:16 AM »
A couple of Momusu appearances subbed by TPF :twothumbs

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #846 on: September 09, 2012, 03:30:04 AM »

« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 03:44:48 AM by oaxiac »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #849 on: September 11, 2012, 03:25:39 AM »

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #850 on: September 12, 2012, 05:47:15 AM »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #851 on: September 12, 2012, 09:31:26 AM »

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #852 on: September 12, 2012, 06:19:02 PM »
Yurichina combo is so nice- with many thanks to YouTuber Berryzeer!

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #853 on: September 13, 2012, 05:12:22 PM »
Longer preview of TMS pachinko ver:

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #854 on: September 14, 2012, 11:19:06 AM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #855 on: September 16, 2012, 08:25:29 PM »

:cry:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #856 on: September 18, 2012, 03:34:32 PM »
^That was the best part. I was really looking forward to that special, but it didn't turn out anything like I imagined  :oops:

It's a tricky situation. MM is a 15 year old group and the OG made it a success. The current line-up has to live up to their legacy, yet lately I feel that MM's heritage might be dragging them down too. It's not the same group anymore. How can you make a fresh start with so much baggage on board? It's really difficult. I mean, how can you promote your current line-up and the new girls when you're always compared to the old gen, or even have old gen appearing alongside you in TV shows who get all the attention.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #857 on: September 18, 2012, 04:00:49 PM »
Also the problem with senior members often in cases like this is that the older members (understandably) feel they have more of a reason to be there since they're the ones who paved the way and if the younger members want to make name for themselves, they should work their butts off like they have. So instead of even trying to share the spotlight, like asking the newbies questions or referring to them especially, they'll grab the attention to themselves shamelessly because they've earned it... There's no mercy. I guess the question is, should they have any mercy? I think I would like them better as people if they did. There are times when I love nostalgia, and there are times when I hate it. When nostalgia is standing in the way of progress, in the way of achieving something new and great... That's when it's bad. But then again, a lotta OG members don't get to be on tv on the regular anymore, so I guess they should get it when they can. IT'S COMPLICATED OK..
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Aluexander

• ecchi
« Reply #858 on: September 18, 2012, 05:32:25 PM »
Yea, I had my issues with the SP too. I really didn't like the narrative they were trying to force down our throats about rivalry being the key element to Musume's success. It starts feeling like some kind of indoctrination camp for the 9ki and 10ki, and they set up Aichan as the fall girl for the group's decline that way.

I've always wanted to see the OG interact more with the current gen, like have favorites, actively root for their success and want to help them develop. I think I had this opinion cause when I started my fandom I was watching H!M where a lot of the OG would still come back and play with the new members even though they had graduated (on Eric Kamezo for example) and I really enjoyed that - like once a Morning Musume, always a Morning Musume, and we're all in it together even if we're not in the current lineup.

I can understand that they want to figure out what was responsible for the success of the past, but there is a real illusion of control that they are suffering from. In the end there was a lot more dependent on the timing, promotion strategies, luck than the rivalry of the 1ki and 2ki (although it  is important). So when this program singled that factor out, and each OG said this is what made us great, and each kohai had to swallow that and say this is why we declined, it's a bit absurd.

One thing that left a really bad taste in my mouth was the part where Aichan is talking about becoming leader, and she says I was not sure what I should do but Nakazawa-san told me I should just be my own kind of leader which helped me out a lot. Then they have others talking about Aichan's "at home" feel where the rivalry became minimized and they cut to Yuko saying I didn't agree with the direction Aichan took it, but I wasn't going to say anything because it wasn't my group anymore. It felt kinda two-faced to offer her support and privately badmouth her, and I don't like that for either Aichan or Yuko's sake since I like both of them.

Then at the end when they are talking to the OG, you can see how little they were invested in the current group - Miki and Tsuji say they couldn't name any of the 9ki or 10ki. So you have these girls who don't know anything really about how the current group is, and they are giving the final judgment on how it should be run to Sayu and Reina, so they hand down this to the 9ki and 10ki, and Maachan, Haruka and all start crying cause they are sorry they wronged the legacy of Musume and weren't rivals enough and distant enough from each other.

Well lol, sorry for the rant, but I didn't enjoy the program. Near the end of it, I was more interested in what the fans they were interviewing outside the concert hall had to say than the OG. At least they are still committed to the group and can really talk about what it means for Morning Musume to evolve and grow.

Set by shirenu

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #859 on: September 18, 2012, 05:49:05 PM »
Man, after reading that, I just feel angry and disappointed. I completely agree with you. There was NOTHING wrong with Aichan's direction, and how dare people who can't even name the current members comment on the group?? How can you comment on something you don't know shit about??
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Popcorn Love