JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Low IQ 01 - Chances

Author Topic: H!P Horrorhouse  (Read 2925 times)

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
H!P Horrorhouse
« on: February 16, 2007, 01:04:35 AM »
Prelude  //
Okay.  It's not often that I write fanfictions (er, never, I guess).  I've read most of them here, and they're one or two lines for each paragraph.  But I'm not that type of person, so if you don't like reading blocks of text, you probably won't want to read this.  Also, it is the HORROR genre-- I don't dabble into romance.  I'm not interested in writing about Yossui's secret love for Miki or Miki's 'not-so-secret' love for, well, everyone.  I will take each person how they're presented on TV, whether it's their real personality or not.  I might add elements of other genres way later.
Also, another element that might offend people is that the main character is an original character.  If you don't like this, exit now.  I've given you a fair warning.
But if you can stomach a fanfic that is a bit different than the norm that you would see around here, feel free to continue reading.  I hope your eyes don't get too weary from reading it all.  

Basically, the story is written as if the main character was talking to someone- a rare viewpoint to take.  It is like she is telling her story, because when the climax of the story hits, everything will fall into place and it will be obvious as to why she has to tell her story.  And with a title like "h!p horrorhouse" and with the genre being mostly horror, it's pretty obvious that not everything is going to be peachy.

The moral of this story is: H!P isn't exactly what it presents itself to be...

The last thing I have to say, is that it would be rated "R" if it were a movie.  I don't mind if you're younger reading this, but please don't be offended easily, heh.
The artist formerly known as Gray.

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
H!P Horrorhouse
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 01:05:13 AM »
Chapter 1 //
   I need my story to be told.  There are times in life when it seems that you will not survive; there are times in life when it seems that your will is just not strong enough.  There are times where you would love to give up, give in, and assimilate to the culture that is being thrusted upon you so greedily by a corporation that makes their money from mowota- a creepily obsessive fanbase who wants to see up your skirt.  When you're getting pressure from your boss to "show some skin" and pressure from the fans to get "egao YES nude", everything seems to spiral into oblivion when you realize this pressure is a lot more than just pressure- it's enslavement.  
   Yes, I need my H!P nightmare to be told.  I need to get this off my chest, although I am afraid I am going to be fired, or worse, be hurt.  This cannot go on any longer.
   I suppose I should start from the beginning.  It all began when I was flipping through the channels one day, lazily staring at the television.  I never had the drive to do any homework or study, which made me unlike my companions.  I was ruthlessly stupid, as my father liked to call me, but he had trouble making the distinction between stupid and lazy.  My dark, natural hair was matted to my forehead from the sweat of an oddly hot summer, and I was dressed in my pajamas.  Yes, this Sunday morning seemed average enough, but I didn't know that this would be one of the most defining days of my life- the start of my nightmare.  My slender finger continued to push, push, push the up button until I finally stopped on something that seemed interesting enough.
   "Super NINE Audition!"  The TV blared, and I turned it down a bit because I was afraid it would wake my hypocrite of a father, whom continually chanted phrases like 'early bird gets the worm' yet slept until 3pm himself.  But I was intrigued by the flashing text and the loud noises.  I wasn't simple, I was just sucked in- sucked into this idol world that I considered to be better and flashier than my own.  Unfortunately my father had never chanted the phrase 'the grass is always greener on the other side', so I knew no better.  The only thing I saw in this commercial was that some singing organization was recruiting.  I faintly remembered Morning Musume, but the last time I listened to them was around their LOVE Machine hit, which was years.  Now, they were generally considered to be "kimoi" to all the teenagers I hung out with, and they would be sure to tell whomever dared speak the group's name.  But I didn't care.  I saw a way to just sing and not have to study, or think, or do anything like that for the rest of my life.
   So it seemed like a miracle that the next day, they would be in my home town, Osaka.
   I thought it was a sign from some sort of God or something.  I grabbed the piece of paper that was next to the phone and quickly jotted down the details.  Although my father often thought I was lazy, when he saw I was interested in something that was actually extracirrucular, he didn't have a problem taking me.  My mother maybe would've protested- but she was long dead, and she couldn't protest anymore.  My dark eyes scanned over the TV then the piece of paper to make sure I had all of the details correct.  I sometimes think about this detail of my story.  If I would've gotten the details wrong, or if I would've been more diligent in wanting to finish school instead of being an idol, this whole disaster could've been avoided.  But there's nothing that can be done now, I suppose.
   The next day, which was the day of the audition, I was riding in my car to the place of audition.  It seemed to be a very small area with a very small amount of people showing up.  Morning Musume's popularity had snowballed from the day they were created to LOVE Machine, and after that, that snowball had melted-- and this seemed to be its last rung.  The producer, Tsunku, was continuously trying to inject new life into the group to perhaps make them more marketable but by now it was just a tradition rather than a business strategy.  I was dressed up as cute as could be, a light gray baggy shirt with a turtleneck, and some tight jeans.  My hair was layered and curled, which was different than anyone was wearing these days.  Although there were only about one thousand people here, the television show I had been watching, Hello! Morning, said that this would be the only place of audition, though there would be three different days.  
   I stepped nervously from the car and started for the table in which I got my number, pinning it to the area by my hip and waiting silently.  Some of the girls were talking nervously and laughing-- but I dared ask one of the girls a question that had been on my mind.
   "Do you actually *like* Morning Musume?"  I asked, with a shrug of my thin shoulders, putting my hands in my pockets and waiting for the hesitated response.
   "Um.. Yeah, sure."  Just the way the girl had responded, I could tell she was saying it in case there were any cameras around- and there seemed to be some.
   The girl seemed quite young- as did most of the applicants.  I figured most were there because they were being forced to, or because they didn't want to do school anymore.  I was sixteen, so I seemed to be the odd one out; the crowd was definitely full of pre-pubescent females whom wanted to get their 'big break'- those which would probably go right to an AVEX audition next.  The loyalty simply wasn't there and I didn't expect it to be.  Tsunku had a year, maybe two years tops, if things continued on the way they were.  If he actually DID manage to get someone who brought a new fanbase to Morning Musume, it could last perhaps another ten years- something not even Tsunku wanted to see happen, I was willing to bet.
   When my number was called-- I was number six hundred twenty three-- I had to step into this small room which was very hot and had two people along with a camera.  I was told to sing my acapella song, which was Hamasaki Ayumi's "HEAVEN".  To my surprise, they asked me a few questions and asked me to sing a few other songs, like Morning Musume's "Furusato" and Morning Musume's "LOVE Machine".  I sang them the best I could.  It seemed to be a mechanism not only to test one's voice through a variety of situations, but also to test if they actually *liked* Morning Musume.  Luckily, I'd known these songs- they were from back when I did actually like them.  I figured I would have to go home and practice.  The judges told me that the first cut would bring back only one hundred contestants out of the thousand something, and that they would call me next week to see if I made it.  I thanked them and walked out.
   Needless to say, the next week, I received that fateful call.  I didn't cry, I didn't jump up and down.  I just stared in disbelief at the phone.  I wasn't necessarily a great singer, I didn't necessarily deserve such recognition.
   And now, I wish I wouldn't've gotten it.

Offline tanakachi

• Reina's Bodyguard
  • Member+
H!P Horrorhouse
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 01:18:33 AM »
hmm sounds pretty interesting, cant wait to read more, and the countless amount of time i lost which line i was on haha XD but still very nice! :D

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
H!P Horrorhouse
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 01:22:31 AM »
^ Sorry, it's pretty long and even though I indented on wordpad it didn't seem to want to indent on the forum xD

Offline jenmoshka

• ecchi
  • Member+
H!P Horrorhouse
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 01:39:55 AM »
Interesting...I'm intrigued as to how this'll all play out, curious as to what sort of horror will come out of H!P, and surprisingly didn't lose myself in your text as much as I thought I would! XD   I'll be sure to keep an eye on this story.  Keep it up, you have my interest peaked! :D
:heart: :heart: Forever a Yossui Fangirl :heart: :heart:   

Habitual Forum lurker, undeniably random, crazy Canadian. 

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
H!P Horrorhouse
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 02:22:46 AM »
I didn't read your fic, but I did read the warning (I can't stand blocks of text). I just wanted to wish you luck on your horror endeavor since it's a rarity with all these romance fics around.

Offline Fracture

• ecchi
  • Member+
H!P Horrorhouse
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 02:55:15 AM »
Well, I'm interested in your fic, but...wordy stories with original characters aren't really as rare as you may think :lol:

And I'm always happy to see stories with more imaginative themes than hidden lust pop up here.

Offline Blizzard

• 雪の天使
  • ecchi
  • Member+
H!P Horrorhouse
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 02:57:11 AM »
Take Jen's comment and double it.  Also, I don't mind the blocks of text at all.  I'm more used to reading that way anyway.  I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
H!P Horrorhouse
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 07:36:01 PM »
This seems interesting, and I also happen to like horror stories. Keep it up and good luck, there's potential in your fic. ;)

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Low IQ 01 - Chances