JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: YUI - We will go

Author Topic: Ogawain Ou le Conte du PucchiPot  (Read 3165 times)

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
Ogawain Ou le Conte du PucchiPot
« on: March 01, 2007, 09:59:07 PM »
OK, so since this week I decided to take the reigns of my life and stop spending the evenings playing solitaire and recovering from the hard work, I'll try to resume the translation of a fanfic I wrote in spanish some years ago, which is unfinished yet, so I'll have to finish it aswell :P

There goes the first chapter. I'll post the ones I've already done all at the same time - in several posts though-, and then continue posting as soon as I keep translating what's left.

Don't expect too much since I have a poor english vocabulary and mediocre english grammar skills, but still, it's funny! :D

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline elgie

• Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 10:00:02 PM »
CHAPTER ONE

In the kingdom of Eichpeewhy, there lived the brave Ogawain who had lived a life full of adventures and was now enjoying the benefits of his campaigns, laying within mountains of cream puffs, 'till one day a dwarf appeared riding a lame mule and a black standard. The dwarf looked at the knight maliciously and so spoke:

"Noble Ogawain! Who could stand seeing how you waste your family's fortune, who wouldn't dare to curse you because of your lazyness, you who should lead the world of chivalry and leave the dusty paths for luxury and pleasures? I curse you and condemn you, and you won't no longer know the health neither lady Ayaka's cakes, and you shall wander from town to town changed into an amorphous mass of flesh and fat!"

This said, he disappeard in the middle of a thick fog. The noble Ogawain, startled by those words, felt the need of some consolation and so he went to get the remainings of the last night's dessert, when he passed by his outdated shield, polished as a mirror, and he found out by the reflection that he had earned the double his weight!

And there, crying in front of his shield, was found by his sister, Konkon Isitme?, who tried to console him using the following words:

- Don't despair, brother, because you know that any curse may be removed once you find the convenient antidote, and it's told that in the deep caves of the Utaban, lies the Holy Pucchicup, which is by the way guarded by two dreadful dragons. Its holy power makes anyone who drinks of the wine poured in it will enjoy the eternal health and youth... So, leave to search the Pucchicup and prove the world that the lineage of the Eichpeewhy is still alive!

And so, having those words in his sorrowful heart, the noble Ogawain took congé of his lady Yuu-chien and left his home to search the Pucchicup and recover his honor.

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline elgie

• Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 10:00:47 PM »
CHAPTER TWO

Having just ridden a couple miles, the knight felt a tremendous thirst, so he turned off to a delicious pond of clear water. There in the shore he saw two beautiful girls playing around and filling the place with their youthful laughs. The brave Ogawain approached them with frightful respect, fearing that they could be two nymphs and turn him into a deer or something worst. But the greatest danger didn't come from the girls, as he learned when a tall figured appeared in the edge of the forest, dressed like a Minerva and speaking with a loud angry voice:

- Hey you whaccha think you're doin'? Leave my kids alone or else you'll get a nice kick in the butt!

- Mylord! Er.. Mylady.. It wasn't my intention to disturb these damsels... I just wanted them to indicate...

- First of all, you should introduce yourself, you bad-mannered!

- All right, madam. Euh.. sir. My name's Ogawain d'Eichpeewhy, vassal of lady Yuu-chien...

- Hugh! You just had to deal with that hard nut? Poor man.. see, now I feel we can be friends.

- Thank you, lord.. euh lady.. eeeh...

- Lady, please. At least for the moment... Well. I was known as Yossiain, but now everybody calls me the Lady of the Lake*.

- And, may I ask the reasons for your change of name?

- It's a really sad story... I was a young apprentice of the art of chivalry who one unfortunate day happened to walk by this lake. Then, a nymph came out of the water and took me to the bottom of the lake. While trying to escape from her grip in a last effort for not drowning, I pulled a tiara out of the nymph's head and one of its silvered points nailed in my hand. From then on, due to the spell cast on the tiara, I've been forced to share her body, and to tell the truth, I'm starting to doubt whether I should think as a boy or as a girl.

This said, the Lady of the Lake sat on a stone and started to cry, while the noble Ogawain commented to the two young girls, with a blush in his cheeks, that she looked like she would have won advantage with the change.

Once she had stopped her tears, the Lady of the Lake spoke again to the knight and asked him which affairs took him to those forests. The brave hero answered he was going in search of the Pucchicup, aswell as the reasons of his disgrace. The Lady of the Lake felt sorry about his trouble.

- We've certainly come to this world to suffer, but anyway, I can assure you of the existence of the Pucchicup, as I've been one of the lucky souls who used it, and it works wonders. But, before you continue on with your quest, allow me to give you a present that will help you in your research- Eririn, Shigesain! Come on dears, be nice and bring me the pouch that's on my bench of sit-ups.

while the two kids ran towards her lady's dwelling, she entertained the knight using all kinds of gossips, jokes and so forth. By the time Eririn and Shigesain came back carrying the pouch, the sun was downing, so the smart girls had brought not only the pouch, but also a pavilion and a small crowd of servants who began to prepare the overnight.

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline elgie

• Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 10:02:15 PM »
CHAPTER THREE

While the servants made the preparations, the Lady of the Lake gave a small chest to Ogawain.

- It ain't bigger than a walnut, but inside there's a mighty power, speciallly meant to beat the two frightening drahons of the Utaban caves. Use it wisely, though, or else its abuse would awake a terrible creature coming from the edge of times...

- By Jove, Milady, you love scaring the others!

- Heh, yeah.. anyway... let's leave it here and go to bed, ifyouknowwhaddamean...

The next day Ogawain started marching again, leaving the noble Lady of the Lake who had no more doubts about her gender, ifyouknowwhaddamean. Following his lady's instructions, he arrived easily to the entrance of the infamous Utaban caves, but before he could reach it the two dreadful dragons, Nakain and Takain, came out exhaling stinking acid out of their mouths. Ogawain, frozen by the fear, kneeled down, but in the very moment he felt the forces were abandoning him he recalled the chest and, holding it within his shaky hands, he opened it.

An intense light came out of the chest and there appeared a femenine figure... the two dragons, when they saw her, went mad by the panic and fleed hastly while they screamed "Noooooo not again Kemekochain noooooooo!!!", and so our hero found his way cleared.

Inside the cave there awaited another damsel, and the knight was starting to believe that damsels were a common plant in those lands, who invited him with a sweet voice and guided him to a table covered with golden tapestries where laid various recipients made of all the shapes and all the materials possible.

- You are now in the Lord's home, and here in front of you lays the famous Pucchicup. But beware, as only one of these chalices will save you; if you don't choose wisely you'll be covered of anguish and death.

Anguished because of those words, Ogawain approached the table and watched the chalices closely. There were those glowing by the candle light, covered of gold and jewels, and those covered with dust and consigned to oblivion. Ogawain passed by a glass with satin gleam and another covered of childish drawings; passed unnoticed a wooden cup and finally stopped in front of a tiny chalice, ornated with delicate flowers, which had been painted once and another and even had lost most of their color. But, before he decided himself to choose this one, he noticed the damsel had sighed briefly and softly, so he changed his mind and took another recipient, similar to the first one, only it was painted in joyful acid colors.

- You have chosen- said the damsel while she poured some wine in the chalice- Now it's time to find out if your decision has been the right one.

Ogawain drank the wine with decisiveness, although inside he was trembling like a jelly. He then felt the forces recovering him and the curse leaving his body. Feeling the joy of his recovered health, he saw though that the damsel's eyes were covered in tears, and asked her what made her sad.

- Noble knight- said the damsel- you shall know that the fate of all the inhabitants in tis land is tied to one or several of those chalices there exposed. My soul was inside the flowerish glass that you rejected, but it's been changed so many times that I can hardly recognize myself in it. I hoped you would fail your decision, because I could have regained my fate, even though you would've lost your life. But I guess I'll have to wait for some more time...

- I'm sorry I can't help you, milady. What's your name?

- Kaorin of the Lost Sight*. But don't lose your time here, you still have a long way home.

And so Ogawain started his comeback, once delivered of the curse.

FINIS
Of the first part
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 10:09:36 PM by elgie »

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline elgie

• Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 10:05:08 PM »
OGAWAIN OU LE CONTE DU PUCCHIPOT, PART TWO

CHAPTER ONE

On his way back home, Ogawain passed near a magnificent castle standing on a rock. Since the night was about to come, the knight decided to ask for hospitality. A girl answered his called, asking him gently to turn round, but Ogawain wasn't eager to spend the night in the forest and begged to allow him to stay in the castle.

- Don't take me for rude if I don't let you pass, gentle knight, because it's not my fault. For if my lord finds you here he'll enrage and kill you without mercy.

- I've had enough adventures lately and I don't feel like I'll get scared easily! But I wonder who's that heartless knight who vulnerates the basic rules of hospitality.

- People call him Reinan de Lakatana, and he keeps me locked in this castle and avoids anybody to enter this land.

- And how's that?

- It was the fault of my unconsciousness and vanity. Until recently, I was engaged to the sweetest man I ever knew and I thought we were going to be happy but, the crafty Reinan fooled me with his tricks and convinced me of leaving my fiance. Then, the evil schemed a plan to get rid of my fiance, and got a nymph to drown him in an enchanted lake. Then, Reinan showed his true intentions and restrained me in this castle, in order to get my possessions, since I'm the richest person in this kingdom. Now all I can do is regret my mistakes and miss my beloved...

Ogawain was astonished as he was hearing those news; with a shaking voice he asked what the name of her fiance was.

- Yossiain de Machaumain*.

These last words shocked the knight, who started to doubt whether he should tell the lady that Yossiain was not dead, or not completely at least, when they saw a horseman approaching them, the spear pointing to Ogawain.

*Read it with a french phonetics and it'll sound "macho man"

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline elgie

• Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 10:07:10 PM »
CHAPTER TWO

Ogawain quickly prepared his defense but, even before he could reach his spear the felon hurt him on the top of the breastplate, causing him a small wound in the neck. Enraged, Ogawain hit the knight with his shield so cruely that he made him fall off to the ground. Ogawain got off his horse and pulled the sword out of its sheath in order to continue the fight. They kept fighting for one hour, wielding their swords and hitting each other harshly, until they both were covered with blood and sweat. The unknown knight lifted the elm's visor so that he could see more clearly, and Ogawain saw with horror the felon's avert gaze, and feared he was a demon, and so he fell in panic. His opponent took the chance and slapped Ogawain with the sword, causing him a painful wound in the ear. Then Ogawain recalled the little chest and opened it.

But, instead of the feminine figure, appeared a man of ghostly appearance who pointed at the knight and said:

- How could you be so indecent of abusing the power given to you? Is it that you don't have forces of your own, and must hide behind Kemekochain's legs any time you feel in danger? May you be cursed, you'll lose your way home and won't be back until you won't be able to win this knight with your own hands!

This said, he grumbled a spell which teleported the unfortunate Ogawain to an isolated desert. The knight spent several days wandering by the desert with nothing to eat or drink, and regretting each hour his lack of honor.

When he thought there was no more hope, he sighted a magnificient pavilion the vision fo which brought many pleasant memories. But then, when he got closer, he recognized the pavilion of his beloved Lady of the Lake!  The joy covered his eyes with tears as he walked steadily with the recovered hope.

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 05:02:17 AM »
Ogawain? The deep caves of the Utaban? The Holy Pucchicup? Eichpeewhy??? :scratch

Such lame puns...

Love it. :D

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: YUI - We will go