JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miki Fujimoto - Okitegami

Author Topic: The Morning Musume 9th Generation Thread  (Read 164216 times)

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
The Morning Musume 9th Generation Thread
« on: August 09, 2010, 03:35:21 PM »
Credit to Hello! SayuNii;  translation by Nouciel...  with thanks and respect to both:

-------------------
About Morning Musume 9th generation auditions

Greetings! I’m Tsunku
The members are always changing, making Morning Musume continue, and after 4 years, we’re looking for new members!

We’ve been looking for the proper timing to hold these auditions for Morning Musume.
This time, along with the news of Kamei Eri, Junjun and Linlin graduation, it was decided that it was the proper timing.

Girls in the 10-17 years old range who love singing, please participate!

(requirements)
1. I’m very energetic and cheerful!
2. I love singing and want to become better at singing!
3. I admire the world of entertainment business!
4. I want to become cuter!
5. I want my talent to be discovered/found!
6. I don’t have self-confidence now but the day when I shine will surely come!
7. I don’t have self-confidence but everyone around me gives me suggestions so I do my best!
8. I have the confidence that I will be #1 in the entertainment world!
10. I love Morning Musume (Hello! Project)!

Anyone that fits even one of these conditions can participate in the auditions!
Be sure to send your application, please make the future Morning Musume a star in the Japanese entertainment world and make them advance in the world!

Official H!P Site With Tsunku’s Comments

Correction: There is no mention if there will be one, two or three winners, so it seems that for now everything is possible.
--------------

This is just to get the ball rolling with some positive discussion about the possible next generation of MM, long overdue IMHO.  We are all shocked by the circumstances of this announcement being timed along with the graduation announcement of three members...  but let's look to the future too.  So...  let the slanging and controversy begin!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 11:25:34 AM by shirenu »

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
Re: [NEWS] Morning Musume 9th Generation Auditions
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 05:07:18 PM »

7. I don’t have self-confidence but everyone around me gives me suggestions so I do my best!

XD XD XD I'm trying to ignore the creepiness of those two "requirements".

I'm still kinda pissed about this whole thing, so the new chicks better be cute and full of personality. I ain't tolerating no awkward kids. :P Chances are, I won't like them anyway. I like my Musume older than me. :lol:

Offline Meania

• shooting for the stars~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 08:18:46 PM »
;   u  ; Well I'm open to give anyone a chance-- but I'm hoping for...

2 girls who are 16 or 17 so I am close to the same age as them and they aren't little kiddies- PLUS I won't feel bad if I oogle at their possible photobooks...
and maybe 1 younger (12-13) year old cute girl- who can replace Sayumi or act as a new Kago or Tsuji ;  u  ;
And hopefully one or more members will be like Takahashi Ai-- so talented that they can remain in the group for many years (not saying others aren't as talented- just I think that may be a reason Takahashi Ai has managed to do so well- and her fans get lots of pbs of her etc ; u ; )

.... also...
I want a new tomboy member-- a mini yossie : D lol

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 08:49:35 PM »
Whoever it is they have my support... I'm so nice ^___^ HOHO

I just got used to the idea of Morning Musume being an established unit, but since we're going this way, well, throw in a bunch of girls then like I suggested BEFORE I got used to the current MM...

But the last three auditions (7th gen, 8th gen, Korea) Tsunku only picked one girl... (Well there was Taiwan but I think Taiwan had more control over that than Tsunku)
Watch him only add one girl again and the unit will be 6 girls D: NOOO I want a pile of fresh meat!! 3-5 girls. YEAH.

I'd like at least one H!P Egg to get a chance to join the unit, because they are really being underutilized... I dunno why there are constantly like 25 Eggs when on average 5 of them get to debut every 5 years... Let them release stuff, have random units, maybe even a competition for debuting, whateverrrr agh sorry this is really bothering me right now.

But yeah whoever gets chosen could probably look like an inbred potatohead with a voice that's a mix of Sayumi and an old man who has smoked for the past 50 years, and I'd still support* her so idk :/

*by 'supporting' I mean not throwing stones at her, saying nice things, giving her a chance, wishing her a bright future etc
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 11:47:41 PM »
Crossposted:

What is Tsunku looking for?

Paring the lineup down to 5 signals to me that Tsunku isn't looking to push on in the same direction.  If anything, it's a way to rebuild the group as something fresh.
The 10-17 requirement also says to me that Tsunku wants to go younger/fresher/brighter.
Just look at how that stands up to the previous auditions' age requirements:
3rd Gen: 7th grade+ (12/13+)
4th Gen: 7th grade+
5th Gen: 7th grade+
6th Gen: 7th-12th grade (12-18)
7th Gen (the one with no winners): 9th grade - 20 years old
7th Gen (Koharu): 7th grade - 22 years old
8th Gen: 7th grade - 21 years old

Going to a limit of 10-17 is, in my mind, a great departure from the previous auditions, especially the last few.
The upper limit of the last three auditions says to me that Tsunku was trying for a more mature look/sound for the group, which we've gotten.
Having the age limits set at 10-17 this time is a huge clue as to what direction he wants to go with the group.
Even if they don't end up getting someone from the lower end of the range, they're still targeting a younger range of applicants than before.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 01:22:17 AM »
Ok, I'm back to make myself not look like a heartless bitch. :lol: I'm not, I promise! *makes pouty face and pushes index fingertips together* :P

I will not throw rocks at the new girls. I will not hate them and bash them on teh interwebz (Ok, I MIGHT, but only if they deserve it :nervous ). If they're cute, I will like them. If they sing well, I will like them. If they have fun personalities, I will like them.

one or more members will be like Takahashi Ai
THIS!!! :heart:

And to comment on the new lineup age thingy. That's pretty interesting, actually. I didn't know about all of those different age requirements (never really paid attention to auditions, only once the girls were in). Tsunku is going for younger girls this time...maybe in hopes of creating a group that can appeal to different age groups? And if the girls are younger, they can theoretically stay in the group longer before "aging out" and hopefully create a steady fanbase.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 06:19:54 AM »
I have an issue with the age limit knowing the situation with Nakazawa and 4th gen

However, I want somebody who can be a supportive character to the good singers and a Sayu or Jun
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline ShoujoHino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 05:06:42 PM »
this is like...my first post in years.
and I just want to say..
I'm too old to audition!!  :pleeease: :imdead:
My letter is read on DokiMiki Night!!!!
http://bit.ly/1Ck34YC

Okitegami Karaoke Contest!

Offline SarangAi

• TakaGaki<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • GAKI-SAN!!! <333
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 04:38:57 AM »
Apparantly, H!P eggs can audition as well if they're within the age range. 
I'm rooting for Kitahara Sayaka :twothumbs

avii&sig by the wonderful kawaii beam~!

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 05:26:11 AM »
why do these requirement make me feel like they had problems with people they hired before who have an opposite outlook?

(requirements)
1. I’m very energetic and cheerful!
2. I love singing and want to become better at singing!
3. I admire the world of entertainment business!
4. I want to become cuter!
5. I want my talent to be discovered/found!
8. I have the confidence that I will be #1 in the entertainment world!
10. I love Morning Musume (Hello! Project)!

no rock throwing from tru as long as they don't do stupid shit

Offline 楊枝君

• データが出た!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ももち
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 11:39:00 AM »
If Eggs can audition, I hope they get some advantage instead of having to go through all stages of selection, especially those who have been training for 6 years now. Also, Akari for 9th gen please!
Veni Vidi Wiki

Offline cbsanything

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 01:52:00 PM »
I am not wiothin that age range so cannot participate
but i would like to wish good luck to everyone who is and hope that whoever is participating do their best

Offline SarangAi

• TakaGaki<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • GAKI-SAN!!! <333
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 03:52:57 PM »
The eggs automatically pass the first round, and go immediately to second :grin:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 04:00:31 PM »
If Eggs can audition, I hope they get some advantage instead of having to go through all stages of selection, especially those who have been training for 6 years now.
In a way I wouldn't mind them being featured in as many stages as possible, just because it would mean more footage about them LOL. Like imagine if they didn't get to do the training camp D: I wanna see them, idk, pwning the crap out of the other ones (ROFL) or the singing teacher could give them a lecture "you may have been an Egg already for x time, but in Morning Musume things are different" blah blah, I think it'd be good drama/storytelling xD But I guess that's the reality tv fan side of me speaking, haha

Either way, even if no Eggs make it to Morning Musume, I'd at least love to have this chance to see a little bit more of them :lol:

Offline SarangAi

• TakaGaki<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • GAKI-SAN!!! <333
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 06:03:02 PM »
this is just something that i thought of, but anybody think there's a possibility that a new c-ute member might come from this audition? XD

Offline Meania

• shooting for the stars~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 06:51:34 PM »
Well, I suppose really it's just for Momusu-- but I could see Tsunku saying he's really impressed with a couple of runners up and throw them into eggs/C-ute/a new unit ; u ;

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 12:17:38 PM »
this is just something that i thought of, but anybody think there's a possibility that a new c-ute member might come from this audition? XD

maybe? I would most likely say they will have to do some wholesale changes overall, but my gut feeling is to just leave it with MM
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 12:38:49 PM »
Yea I don't think there are at least plans to use this audition for anything else but MM...
But we did get at least Mai Satoda, Miki Fujimoto, and Yuu Kikkawa from MM auditions, so it's always possible that they hold on to some good picks, even if they aren't right for Morning Musume...

The Lucky 7 audition was hilarious because not only did Tsunku find nobody for Momusu, but none of the girls were chosen for Eggs either XD It was like "omg all of you are fucking useless, goodbye!" haha

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 07:34:35 PM »
As I recall, that was the only one where the instructors actually walked out on the finalists at the camp.

Fucking useless indeed?
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 08:46:51 PM »
^ I think I remember 6th gen members having to go talk to the dance teacher after she had got pissed off, but I might remember wrong :?

Tho further proves the point, even THAT wasn't original of the Lucky 7 audition :lol:

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miki Fujimoto - Okitegami