JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - First Love

Author Topic: Rest In Peace, Fushigidane  (Read 27898 times)

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
Re: Rest In Peace, Fushigidane
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2013, 04:11:08 PM »
I'll add to what I said before.

I always really liked Fushi before we even started talking to each other, for those who don't know, Fushigidane is the Japanese name for Bulbasaur, so we both had Pokemon usernames, plus her posts were always so entertaining.
I've got a little Fushigidane in my sig now.

When you spoke to her it was just so incredible, always entertaining and never boring.

My PM inbox is full of random conversations from her talking about all sorts of stuff over the years, she last spoke to me on the 20th Aug while I was in Japan. Twissie, Bie & I were supposed to meet up with her at that time, but there were no replies past that. I just assumed she was busy as she often was there or maybe had internet problems or something... I had no idea that something had happened to her and was so worried until we found out.

I have so much regret that we didn't meet up, I've wanted to meet her for years and now I never will..
In the back of my mind I just wish this wasn't true and she'd pop back up and say it was all a misunderstanding and laugh like she always did and give us all the  :w00t: :thumbup

She used to call me big bro sometimes and I don't know if she was kidding (or just making fun of me, haha) but I will miss my crazy little sister so much. I :heart: Veera.

Offline +u+u

• Member+
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2013, 04:14:01 PM »
I met Fushi for the first time when I wasn't even on jphip yet and I didn't even know who she was. She just happened to be in the same grocery store, she noticed me and told me she kept stalking me on Finnish "IRC-gallery" (lol)  I was a bit confused, but we exchanged few words about H!P and stuff. I met her again in Helsinki at hANGRY&ANGRY's concert. I thought she looks familiar and her nickname sounded familiar too, but I didn't realise she was the grocery store girl until I got back home lol. We didn't exchange any words at that time though.

Last year I found out she actually lives in the same city as me. She asked me to go to the Anime Con with her. So I met up with her and couple of her friends and hang around the Con area. I didn't join them on the second day of the Con because, to be honest, I felt a bit uncomfy with them :c Fushi sure was full of energy though!

My condolences to her family and friends. Rest in peace.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2013, 04:49:44 PM »
Very stunned & sad to hear this news. Heartfelt condolences to Fushi's family and friends.

Her posts could be quite amusing, sometimes a bit indecipherable, but always full of youthful
exuberance and inquisitiveness. I felt there was also times when she would show a very vulnerable side.

Thank you to all of you who met her and took the time to share your experiences with her. Hope that her brightness can live on
through those she touched.

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2013, 08:01:57 AM »
I think about whenever something like this happens to the people you're close with, the closest family and friends really show up.  As most of you know, I'm at such a different place in my life than I was just four years ago, taking care of a wife and daughter now.  For me, I try to pop into the forums once in a while even though I have no idea what's going on at all in the Jpop world let alone H!P, so Fushi was someone that I really had no interaction with at all.  However I saw the post on Facebook and I instantly thought of her avatar with the scribbled face and the smile and thought about how much she was a big player in this community - big enough that I at least knew who she was, which says a lot with a mushy brain like mine has been since my daughter's birth.

But like shirenu said, if there's anything we can do to honour our fallen family members, living our own lives to the fullest and happiest we can speaks volumes.  By bringing meaning to the lives of others brings meaning to our own.  Help yourselves with any kind of negative thinking, rely on your family and friends and jphip crew to help you up if you think you're down.  I've decided in my own life that darkness has no meaning, you can only have more or less light, and no matter how bad things seem, they just aren't.  Life's not easy, it never will be, but that's what makes the victories so glorious when you achieve them.  I'm sure that deep down Fushi would want nothing but the best for all of us here, so lets make sure we do it for her - and for ourselves.

Rest in Peace, Veera. Take care of yourself up there.

Offline Tanuki

• Member+
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2013, 08:38:28 AM »
I wish I knew what to say at times like this. I guess losing a member of our forum is like-... I don't know what to say- have you ever been to a small pond or calm lake and threw a rock in and watched the ripples spread out? In some way or another we are all connected and we are all feeling the loss of our dear friend, Fushi. 

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2013, 09:03:20 AM »
I'm...shocked.

I've never actually met Fushi, and we've never really spoken much either, but she used to pop up once in a while on my fanfic threads to comment, and I always enjoyed those comments whenever they happened. It was just a passing acquaintance, what we had, but this loss stuns me more than I expected it to. I am sorry she was taken from this world before her time, and my deepest condolences to her family...

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2013, 11:10:58 AM »
This is awful.

I think I never spoke with her directly, but I remember her name from all over the forum and her avatar pic always cracked me up.

RIP and strength to family and friends.

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2013, 10:29:01 PM »
To the fun times in Helsinki~ 

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2013, 05:43:11 AM »
R.I.P.

It always hurts to lose a fellow HiPster :cry:

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2013, 11:05:04 AM »
Logging into the IRC for the first time in a couple of months, I quickly noticed that the channel topic had been extended by another name, that being Fushigidane.

That characteristic smile on a drawn face dawned for me a new era in JPH!P history when I saw it. It belonged to a fantastic individual who could not easily go unloved after reading one of her many posts. I can't say I'm one who spoke to her personally, but it didn't stop me from communicating with her via forum posts. She always seemed to me a girl living in her own world, gracing the rest of us with glimpses into her mind and life.

I'm still struggling to fathom what's happened, especially considering that she's younger than myself, which I never knew until now. It's curious to me that it always seems to be the brightest lights amongst us that burn out first, but it's really telling of the community we're in here at JPH!P that everyone comes together to honour and reminisce the memory of our late family members. It also goes to show just how much difference in our lives people like Fushi, ChrNo, Jab and Marimari have made, even without knowing all of them - they've all left their mark on JPH!P and helped shape it into what it is today. Even though I don't frequent the forum nearly as much as I'd like to anymore, I'm nonetheless delighted that I have been and can continue to be a part of it.

To Fushi, you've enriched my life and have influenced my attitude towards life and people in general. Thanks for everything. R.I.P. Veera :hipheart:

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2013, 09:40:57 AM »
Bit late in finding this out, but I'm still shocked. RIP Fushi...

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2013, 06:33:13 AM »
Yeah, I know I'm late, but I've been at a loss for words. Plus, to be honest, the lack of details has made me hesitant to really say anything...although with making this post the news is definitely starting to hit me now.

I've always liked Fushigidane's presence here. She seemed a bit crazy, with the creepy face avatar she once had and all, but it was a good kind of crazy, the kind that lightened the mood and helped with making this place fun to visit (and made me less self-conscious about my own weirdness) with the pure randomness of her posts and IRC visits. Even when she was frustrated she came off as upbeat and energetic about it, although some things did make me worry about her well-being. And combined with seeing all these photos of her having a good time with everyone, it makes me wish I could've gotten a chance to meet her.

The idea of someone passing away at such a young age (and I didn't even realize she was only 20) is certainly disheartening. Since the news dropped two weeks ago I've been trying my best to honor her memory by trying to take on a more positive outlook on things that have been happening since then, and learning to embrace my own weirdness better...it's a challenge, but shirenu's right about taking care of yourself for a more fulfilling life.

Thank you, Veera, for being part of this community. :jphip:
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Scramasax

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2013, 04:03:15 AM »
Jabronisaur, Chrno and now Fushigidane.  Apologies if I missed anyone.
I can't say I've been very active here, but I still feel inclined to pay my respects.

Rest in peace.

It seems her last post was something mundane about Runescape 3.
I find that haunting and terrifying.
We never know how much time we have.  Me may have fewer moments to spare than we think.
She left behind a great legacy and I'm sure many great memories.

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2013, 08:10:26 PM »
I don't lurk the forums so much at the moment and rather live by the email alerts for topics so I didn't notice yet.
But same as Deft-Monkey I logged on to IRC and noticed the list has one more name. Even more a name that sounds familiar to me.

It's kinda weird to see people pass away somewhat frequently here considering it's a big but not a huge community and most of us are still rather young.
But that's probably just because most people are like real friends here at least with some people so it actually gets noticed and stuff.

So yeah.
Rest in peace, fushigidane o/
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - First Love