JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kelly Chen - I Didn`t Forget

Author Topic: Official NHL Thread  (Read 550074 times)

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
Re: Official NHL Thread
« Reply #920 on: October 21, 2008, 08:35:48 AM »
EPIC!!!

But they need to re-form hockey fights. Way to often are they more than utterly boring. Ref grabbed a stick tho in this one, he should've whacked them a bit to get their temper up.
[/url]

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #921 on: October 23, 2008, 06:50:06 AM »
^ they shouldn't be strapped down. Back in the day, get rid of the equipment and just mano a mano. Everyone's hiding behind their padding like scared cowards.

Tough loss tonite! :banghead:...Oilers finally got XXXposed. 3-0 shut out to the Bhulin Wall! Wasn't he on waivers? Gotta pick it up tmr against the Avs...not Rollie's fault tonite - how can u give up a 3 on 2 with a double minor!?

God speed Staios - who had to rush back home for emergency reasons.

Hope Crosby scores ... my fantasy team needs some injection! Who got Lupul, bitch got 3 and 3.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #922 on: October 24, 2008, 08:33:03 AM »
lol at the Flyers who are 0-6 since Palin dropped the puck at their home opener.

DOH! Oilers looked good but fuck. 1st line picked their game up but dumb penalties. Avs beat em 4-1 ...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAI. Always the 3rd and 4th liners score those timely goals.

Fuck Horcoff injured too :banghead: Better take a day off and then destroy dem fuckin Canucks on CBC HNIC!

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #923 on: October 24, 2008, 02:45:10 PM »
Shit, but my reports says he aint got something ill. Fuck i need him for my ÜBER fantasy team. No injury report at all, just during the game right?

When will they use their alternative jerseys so you can play with them in NHL'09? I think they show them at a specific date, right?
[/url]

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #924 on: October 26, 2008, 03:32:17 AM »
WEAK! CALL!!! On Moreau. The Fantasyland of Myer. We haven't even played 10 minutes.

Glad Davidson got LIT UP by SMACKintyre. And way to bite the Oilers fans singing the national anthem CANUCK BRASS

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #925 on: October 26, 2008, 04:36:21 AM »
UNFUCKINBELIVABLE!! Erik Cole gets tossed just cuz his jersey got pulled off. He can't help it if Ohlund is gay.

Best offensive 5 on 5 tonite with the lineup changes but fuck man :/
* daigong switches to the World Series

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #926 on: October 26, 2008, 05:01:18 AM »
Man, I'm getting tired of the Pens giving up multiple goal leads in the third period...

Baba Booey

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #927 on: October 28, 2008, 08:11:26 PM »
not even a major line up change can help the Oilers...they sure miss their faceoff gurus Reasoner and Stolly.

At least we got some Steve MacIntyre vs Rob Davison

way to rock the retro unis last nite. Roli looking like 2006 Run to The Cup but fuck. YOU CANNOT turn the puck over. Keep It Fuckin Simple! Everytime I play NHL 2005, it's pucks to the net nonstop. Hit whatever moves.

Hope Cole and Penner pick it up, show these flashy playmakers what Oilers Hockey is about!!

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #928 on: October 30, 2008, 01:58:06 AM »
BIG rumor is that PIT and ATL are talking about a major trade...
Possibly:
Staal, #1 pick, Letang and Satan for Kovalchuk & Armstrong...

All I have to say is, "do it now!" Think my head would explode if the Pens had Kovalchuk on Crosby's wing... Plus, we get my boy Armstrong back.
Hah, probably will remain a rumor, but would be awesome!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 02:33:17 AM by BradVickers »

Baba Booey

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #929 on: November 03, 2008, 04:47:51 PM »

Beautiful, simply beautiful... :lol:

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #930 on: November 07, 2008, 03:46:12 AM »
I CAN'T believe we almost gave up a 5 goal lead.... Once again the Pens only play 2/3 of a game. Well, at least Malkin is back on top of the scoring leaders. Plus, that fuckin' sweet between the legs goal by Satan.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 06:20:59 AM by BradVickers »

Baba Booey

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #931 on: November 09, 2008, 01:21:16 AM »
^ LMAO. Y'all fell asleep. Given 2 more seconds and Oilers woulda tied it off Gagner/Horcoffs scramled with 0.7 I CANT BELIEVE Sourray just waltzed in shorthanded. He's been playing LIGHTS OUT.

OH! BOUGGARD SMOKED HIM LIKE A BAD CIGAR!! At least SMACKintyre came back and laid the wood to Letang. Now he's on the injured list DAMN! Where's Laraque when u need him?

GET THAT DOG OFF MY LAWNMOWER!!

Time to regroup in the NYC Area. Fuckin Devils and Kevin Weekes gonna surprise I'm sure. And ya betcha ass Baldie. RANGERS GONNA GET SHELLSHOCKED FUCKA!

A happy belated birthday to Erik Cole...who KINDA reminds me of my boy Dan from PR!

:halo:

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #932 on: November 09, 2008, 02:51:50 AM »
Woo! Checked out the hockey hall of fame today!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #933 on: November 10, 2008, 10:37:48 AM »
Horc to the Rangers:

BOW DOWN!
WHEN I COME TO YER TOWN!

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #934 on: November 10, 2008, 11:47:59 AM »
I love that pic. XD
KING HORCOFF!
[/url]

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #935 on: November 10, 2008, 01:41:37 PM »
Horc to the Rangers:

All Hail King Henrik!

Your boys are gonna look like this after the real king stops 'em!

:lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #936 on: November 12, 2008, 07:27:16 AM »
Yo...Ales to Henrik:

MAN'S GAME, BITCH! :tama-mad:

FINALLY the road trip is over. 2.5 weeks. Fuckin Canadian Finals Rodeo. Sourray sure stepped up as a Tru Leader. Beating up people in the crease, going for a breakaway shorty!! Hemsky undressing like daigong with a dozen hookers! J.D. Deslauriers is UNREAL!! 40 saves. Oilers WHIP Rangers 5-4 in a SO. It was a lucky bounce but shit -- back to back wins over Devils and Rangers I'll take it! :rofl:

Goalie controversy? I dunno - ship Roli out? Garon needs to get his confidence back. How about a game SHUTTING OUT THE LEAFS. Here's your Captain Oh Captain XD

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Official NHL Thread: GLENN ANDERSON HHOF INDUCTEE
« Reply #937 on: November 12, 2008, 07:36:18 AM »
About fuckin time...pretty emotional speech, esp. when talking about Mess :pimp:

Oilers' Anderson enters Hall of Fame

"Over the course of 10 or 15 years, you're going to change as an individual. You're supposed to learn and grow. I appreciate things a lot more."
-- Glenn Anderson

Russian centre Igor Larionov, longtime NHL linesman Ray Scapinello and junior hockey icon Ed Chynoweth also being inducted

Jim Matheson, Edmonton Journal
Published: Monday, November 10

TORONTO - When Glenn Anderson told his six-year-old daughter that her dad was a Hall of Famer, she shrugged.

"I'm basking in the glory of this when I go to pick Autumn up at school," Anderson said, laughing. "And I'm dying to tell somebody.

"And when I do, Autumn says, 'Who cares?' Guess what I did today, daddy? I let my butterflies go and they're flying free in Central Park.' "

She's a kid, not a hockey fan, though she did run up to the stage Monday night with a box of Kleenex (a tribute to Mark Messier) but said she didn't want to stay in her dad's arms.

"I want to sit down and watch you cry," said Autumn, who has no idea about the celebrated Boys of Winter from the Edmonton Oiler glory days, but there is a connection between those butterflies and the right winger.

Both flew free.

Nobody was more exciting than Anderson, roaring in on goalies on one leg, then pumping his fist after scoring, which is why he has joined teammates Wayne Gretzky, Mark Messier, Jari Kurri, Paul Coffey and Grant Fuhr in the Hall, along with their former coach/GM Glen Sather.

Anderson wasn't sure if his time had really come, back in June, when told to call the Hall. "I got a wrong number at first, then nobody had heard of me with the second. I thought it was Slats (Sather) playing a joke on me," Anderson said.

It took him far too long to make it, nine years after he was first eligible in 1999, but he holds no grudges.

"It never really bothered me, although I always knew what time it (election) was taking place, because the media would start calling, and I never got any calls the rest of the year," he said.

"It was all about our team . sometimes I thought maybe our team should be in here."

In his acceptance speech Monday, he thanked Father David Bauer, driving force behind the Canadian national team, and Sather, Gretzky, Messier and Kevin Lowe.

"Wayne taught us to play outside the box," said Anderson.

"Glen, I don't know who enjoyed our teasing, analytical conversations more, you or I," he told Sather. "But I lost a lot of sleep thinking about them. You taught us all never to take shortcuts as players. You were a great mentor and guidance counselor and father figure."

He called Messier the "toughest guy I ever played against, even in our own practices.

"But in the games he always had my back."

Anderson was honoured along with centre Igor Larionov, linesman Ray Scapinello, who worked more NHL games (2,926) than any other official and the late former junior hockey operator Ed Chynoweth.

When the lights were on and the heat got turned up, Anderson was at his best. "The bigger the game, the more I wanted to play it," he said.

Anderson finished with 17 playoff game-winning goals. Only Gretzky and Brett Hull (both 24), Claude Lemieux (19), Rocket Richard and current Colorado captain Joe Sakic (18) ever had more. Anderson had five in Stanley Cup overtime. Only Sakic (7) and The Rocket (six) were ever more dangerous.

"I hated losing more than I loved winning . that was one of my mottos, the way I approached the game," said Anderson, who played every playoff game like it was his last, not just in Edmonton, but later in Toronto, St. Louis and New York. He played 217 playoff games and scored 93 goals (5th best) and 214 points (4th best).

He played hard and ran over anyone who got in his way; a goalie might get his head bounced off a crossbar or a defenceman might accidentally get a stick in the helmet.

"Me, mean? I thought hockey was a real gentleman's game, you know, no penalties, we all play for the love of the game and there's all this camaraderie," winked Anderson.

In regular-season, he had 73 game-winners for the Oilers, more than Gretzky, Messier or Kurri, who got much higher billing around the league.

He fell short of 500 goals by two, but reached 1,000 points while playing for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

"Yeah, I scored a goal, everybody came on the ice to congratulate me and Denis Morel, who was the referee, gave us a delay of game penalty," said Anderson. "Being the gentleman that I was, I went and served the penalty."

"When Gretz got his milestones, they'd bring out the red carpet, give him trophies. His whole family would be out on the ice."

Anderson, who'll have his No. 9 retired in Edmonton Jan. 18, had many friends in the crowd. Gretzky didn't make it in from Phoenix, where he was coaching the Coyotes, but former linemate Messier was in the crowd, as was Coffey. Oiler president Kevin Lowe, the only other guy from their storied playing days with a shot at the Hall, flew in from New York on Monday. So did Ranger GM Sather, deciding they'd rather celebrate Anderson's big night than watch their teams play at Madison Square Garden.

Cal Nichols, the former head of the Edmonton Investors Group and Oiler CEO Patrick LaForge were in the audience.

Anderson was on six Stanley cup winners, five with the Oilers, one with the Rangers.

Larionov was cheated out of his prime playing years because he couldn't come to the NHL from Russia until he was 29.

"He was a special man, with great integrity . we were all in awe of him," said former Red Wings' captain Steve Yzerman, who'll be in the Hall of Fame next year as a first-ballot inductee.

Scapinello never wore a helmet, got countless stitches, got smacked by the puck and decked by punches, but never missed a game through 33 years and was popular with coaches and players.

"I'd be in the face-off circle, looking at Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky, Mark Messier, Phil Esposito . I've got to tell you, it was the greatest job in the world," said Scapinello.

===

Who's next? Kevin Lowe? Andy Moog? The Edmonton Oilers simply THE BEST!!

See cause if you forget where you come from, You're never gonna make it where you're goin,
Because you lost the reality of yourself
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 07:12:55 AM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #938 on: November 16, 2008, 07:09:35 AM »
D'OH!! I had bad feeling .... Oilers lose in a SO.

<daigong> WHATTA PILE UP
<daigong> I have a feeling they gonna tie it up and Oilers lose in SO
<kuno_thunder> such little faith

And so they do. :banghead:

Not bad Roli. Good for Nilsson and who the fuck is Liam Reddox?? What a fuckin weak call that was on Moreau - cuz Smyttie fell on his ass? Horcoff needs to get out his slump FAST. He woulda never hesitated on an empty net. ARRGH. Shit don't get easier with a trip to Detroit.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #939 on: November 18, 2008, 09:29:00 AM »
FUCKKKKKKKKK. Conklin returns with the damn Red Wings and shuts down the Oilers 4-0. :banghead: Too much firepower, Roli did his best but shit. 5 on 3 YOU GOTTA CASH IT IN!

Pies broke his ankle too. HUGE BLOW.

Dustin Penner better STEP HIS GAME UP!! Glad Mac T threw him under the bus and backed up, and drove over him over and over. Guys gotta have that grit. And don't give me that fuckin shit HoRC aint got no grit. Dude took a puck in the FUCKIN FACE in the 2006 Playoffs. He just needs to find his legs again. He's been out since the ALL STAR GAME last year.

Which you can vote at http://NHL.com

AND MCDONALD'S HOCKEY CARDS ARE BACK!! Too bad I can't wake up between 5-7 am for free coffee.

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kelly Chen - I Didn`t Forget