JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hitomi - Wish

Author Topic: Official Wrestling Thread "Finally ... a wrestling thread HAS COME BACK TO JPH!P!!!"  (Read 342888 times)

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Quote from: Kenji
Quote from: Kuno_Thunder
Man, I love the Canadian crowds.  "You screwed Matt!  You screwed Matt!"  Fuckin' rights, Matt didn't deserve getting shit on like that.

The "You screwed Matt" chants have been occuring on a weekly basis, though.

For a while, when the rumors first started circulating that Lita had cheated on Matt with Edge, the chants were "YOU SCREWED EDGE!!! YOU SCREWED EDGE!!!"   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
I disagree. I still enjoy watching wrestling...even though it's not as good as the Attitude days.

Seriously?  I think the attitude days were awful.  That was the time that Nitro was beating Raw in the ratings, and it seemed to me like the Federation was just trying a bunch of different "groups" (NOD, Los Boricuas, DX, Kaientai, etc) to sort of play to the insanely successful (at the time) nWo.

My favorite era in wrestling had to be from around 89/90 to around 1994.  Back then I was too young to accept the fact that wrestling was predetermined, so it was so much more emotionally captivating, as well as there were no people on the internet trying to predict what was going to happen next, and spoiling the show, and all that kind of stuff.  I mean, what we're doing is ok, we're talking about the past and present, as opposed to "Ok, I know what happens next week!" kinda crap.

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
Well...I meant mid 98 until the end of 99. Yeah, WWE was pretty bad in 97. But I really liked the NOD and DX factions! I'm glad that I stuck with WWE during the ratings wars, even through thick and thin (I only switched to Nitro every once in awhile).

Anyhow, I went to a WWE RAW house show last week, and it ruled! I had REALLY good seats (E Floor, 3rd row)...I was so close that I actually got to touch a few of the wrestlers. I touched Edge's hair! Not that it's anything to brag about, haha. Some pics:

Big Vis and Candice

It's the Masterpiece, Chris Masters! My friend and I were the only ones cheering for him. Everyone else just glared at us...stupid marks! :P

Masters on the mic

Masters and Tajiri, ready to wrassle

Benoit is 4REAL!!!!111

Shelton vs. Christian-- probably my favorite match of the night. Lots of funny moments. Shelton slammed Christian's head onto a turnbuckle 20 times, and even after he stopped, Christian continued to hit himself on the turnbuckle. Christian noticed me in the crowd 'cause I was the only one doing the chest slap and point!

Borkstage powerzzzzzz!!!11

Triple H spit!

BATSITA!!!!111

Here's a short clip, which is pretty much a compilation of all the videos that I recorded from the event:

WWE Clip (37 MB)

Oh yeah, and it was really funny when Hassan came out. My friend and I did the "AYELIYAHAYELIYAHAYELIYAH" in unison, as soon as his music hit. We were once again the only ones who cheered for him. It looked like everyone else wanted to kill us :lol:

Man, I can't wait for tonights RAW...it's time for the draft lottery! I wonder who Jericho's going to interview for the highlight reel. Oh yeah, does anyone plan on signing up for the WWE Fantasy league? I thought I might give it a shot, because it's free. We should make our own league! I think we'd have a slight advantage over all the stupid marks, since we read up on wrestling news sites. :lol:

Offline topdawg712

yeah I already signed up for the fantasy league. I named my team, of course, hello project

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
CENA IS RAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :shock:  :shock:  :shock:   Now WTF are they gonna do for Smackdown?

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
Bring back the New Age Outlaws!  - completely random.  Wrassling was fun with the ROCK N Sock Connection

Offline Lemon

• Something Sexy
  • Member+
Quote from: TheQuickening
CENA IS RAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :shock:  :shock:  :shock:   Now WTF are they gonna do for Smackdown?

Bring him back of course, with trades a la Triple H last year.

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
Yep...there's no way in hell Cena's staying on RAW. It's nothing to get excited about.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
HA! Great recap Kenji. Big Vis is the shit, such a horny fucker.

I wanna see Triple H or someone good go to Smackdown, it's been pretty lame since Edge and Benoit left.

hmm. the fantasy league's now FREE?? aw too bad there's no league option? or we'd get a JPM-XXX League going. I'm "Charmy's Butt" :lol:

Offline kinsei

• Miki-sama, Miki-sama, punish me please!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
i dont want to see Cena in raw (i hate that guy)
and i dont really want any of the big raw superstars to go to smackdown.
i can't imagine raw without HHH.

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Hey Kenji, I just looked at your video compilation.  Just a question, who was the guy standing outside the ring during the Y2J vs Hassan match?  He was wearing a leather jacket and a plaid kilt I think, which would lead me to suggest that it was Roddy Piper - but why would Hot Rod be at a house show?

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
So I was surprised to see Sandman on Smackdown! with the rest of the ECW crew.  I know its been a few years since he's worked in a major circuit, but man, does he ever look out of shape.  However to see Chris Benoit drafted back to Smackdown! was kind of a surprise.  He's always jumping back and forth between shows.

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
Quote from: Kuno_Thunder
Hey Kenji, I just looked at your video compilation.  Just a question, who was the guy standing outside the ring during the Y2J vs Hassan match?  He was wearing a leather jacket and a plaid kilt I think, which would lead me to suggest that it was Roddy Piper - but why would Hot Rod be at a house show?

Yep, it's Roddy Piper. Not sure why he showed up, but it was damn cool anyhow...the entire arena went nuts.

Unfortunately, Benoit cannot save Smackdown. That show is just doomed. BTW, my Fantasy league name is RKOwned. Hope to see some of you there!

LoveHaruru

Unfortunately, Benoit cannot save Smackdown. That show is just doomed. BTW, my Fantasy league name is RKOwned. Hope to see some of you there!

Nah, I think if they get back Cena, and add HBK and Christian, then we got a okay roster.  Enough mid-card to main eventers atleast.

Did ANYONE catch the ECW show last night?  If not, I'm still looking for the torrent.  I heard it was crazy, with Paul Heyman, RVD, AND Joey Styles doing shoots on the show. :lol:

When the DVDs come out, I'm defenitely getting One Night Stand and Hardcore Homecoming. :D

Offline Lemon

• Something Sexy
  • Member+
I just found the torrent, and currently downloading it. :w00t:

LoveHaruru

Quote from: Lemon
I just found the torrent, and currently downloading it. :w00t:

Which site?  The only one I know of is the pwtorrent link, which would be great...but I got to wait 48hours before I get it (since I'm a new member) :oops:

Offline Lemon

• Something Sexy
  • Member+
Strange. I had to re-register for their tracker, but the download is going fine for me with no penalty. :o

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
A friend of mine wanted to go watch it, so he and I went to his co-worker's apartment (dude's got satellite).  I was actually kinda disappointed that the WWE faction didn't get more actively involved in trying to "stop" the PPV.  The way that they kept on going on and on (on both RAW and SD) about how they were gonna put a stop to ECW, I figured they might actually physically get involved.  You know, sorta like when nWo first came to WCW and did their thing.  Maybe my expectations are too high.

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
WTF Edge and Lita getting married?  :shock:

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
WTF Angle's on RAW!!!  I wonder now what they're gonna do about the Booker T and his wife storyline?

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hitomi - Wish