JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AI - Butterfly

Author Topic: [01/29] Morning Musume '14 55th Single [Egao no.../Kimi no kawari/What is love]  (Read 19870 times)

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
Tsunku announcement here: http://ameblo.jp/tsunku-blog/entry-11718884960.html

Let's take bets - Riho center with a strong electronic sound?  :P (I kid, I kid. EDM Musume is my favorite Musume)

Edit: included the single titles but obviously can't fit it all since it's a triple A-side!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:48:28 PM by Rina the Robot »
rina ♥ mini

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
Re: [01/29] Morning Musume '14 55th Single [Untitled]
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 02:47:05 PM »
'Triple A' song names announcement.

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 02:50:49 PM »
Quote from: Amped from JPLOP
Morning Musume '14 comment at the beginning. 55th single is a triple A-side single "笑顔の君は太陽さ / 君の代わりは居やしない / What is Love?"

Egao no Kimi wa Taiyo sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is Love?

Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai is the Sochi Olympics song. its a dance song.

Egao no Kimi wa Taiyo sa is a middle tempo song. a song to make you smile. the dance looks easy but can be unexpectedly difficult. - Mizuki

Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashina
i, the Olympic cheer song. they will use everyone's voice that they gathered from that "Nippon Call" App with the flames on it. its an intense dance number. - Kudo
(it will possibly include the voices from fans at Budokan concert too, they did a huge Nippon Call with the app together)

What is LOVE? - intense formation dance. from the top view, you can see a heart formation. - Riho

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 03:20:21 PM »
Egao no Kimi wa Taiyo sa --> "the dance (...) can be unexpectedly difficult."
Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai --> "it's an intense dance number."
What is LOVE? --> "intense formation dance."

Gotta love the variety in this triple A-side  :nervous  :lol:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 05:51:04 PM »
I think what amuses me is the fact that the first 2 songs have titles that sound like ballads :lol:

First one basically means "your smile is like the sun" or something like that. Second one kind of means "there is no replacement for you" (I think, I need to look it up lol). And then lastly we have "What is Love". I sense a theme :P

But hey, the last time we had an enka sounding title (Shouganai Yume Oibito), we ended up with a pretty awesome song. Hopefully the underwhelming titles are actually masks for the awesome underneath :lol: because, seriously, these titles aren't nearly anywhere near as iconic as the last few. Except maybe What is Love. Haha. Looking forward to it as usual though!

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline b8067hc

• Member+
Can't wait for this  :wub: :wub: Btw no details information yet?? (limited a/b, regular, etc..) soon i'll pre-order this  :) :)

3-6-9 は 永遠...

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
Can't wait for this  :wub: :wub: Btw no details information yet?? (limited a/b, regular, etc..) soon i'll pre-order this  :) :)

The single itself is coming in six editions: 4 limited, 2 regular and they're up for pre-order on cdjapan!

Tracklist:

1. Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa
2. Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai
3. What is LOVE?
4. Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa (Instrumental)
5. Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai (Instrumental)
6. What is LOVE? (Instrumental)

Regular A + B will have a tradingcard included and will be ¥1000.
The Limited will be ¥1600.

Limited A (CD+DVD)
DVD Content
1. Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa (Music Video)
2. Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa (Close-up ver.)

Limited B (CD+DVD)
DVD Content
1. Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai (Music Video)
2. Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai (Dance Shot ver.)

Limited C (CD+DVD)
DVD Content
1. What is LOVE? (Music Video)
2. What is LOVE? (Dance Shot ver.)

Limited D (CD+DVD)
DVD Content
1. Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa (Dance Lecture Video)
2. Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa (Dance Shot ver.)
3. Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai (Making & Offshot Video)

All credit for the track listing details goes to Danrulio on Hello!Online and cdjapan.
rina ♥ mini

Offline strawberry-moon

• ι∂σℓ fαиgιяℓ✿
  • Member+
  • ĸojιмaĸo48
So no unit songs this time?
I always liked that they did that.
But I'm excited about this single. Triple a-side. Wow.

idol=♥. Enough Said.
lastfm/tumblr/instagram

Offline XcuteX26262X

• ecchi
  • Member+
Preview of Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa!

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
Full Egao no blahblah mv in this episode of Hello!Station

rina ♥ mini

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
i really like how "relaxed" the song is, its a nice little change of pace even if there's still "electromusume" lol
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Quote from: Tsunku
Well then, in 2014 Morning Musume will begin with a fresh start as “Morning Musume ‘14”,
and those girls’ first single of 2014 will be a triple A-side single.

「Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa」
This song is a message to the current Morning Musume.
But it is necessary to live and survive in this new generation
I want to send a message of “youth”,
And I also wrote with the intention to tell myself, “victory”.
I am turning 45 but I’m not complete either.
I still need to grit my teeth and survive.
Not only that, I wrote with the feeling of having to treasure “smiles”.
In order for the members’ entire smiles to be genuine during the song’s hook, I read the lyrics countless times, and tried to create an image where they could deliver their best smiles while they were singing.
Perhaps you can’t see how very difficult the dance is, but this song has a shuffle rhythm when it comes to the hopping up and down, and it is incredibly hard to perform that.
And so, the chorus’ dance was made simple in order for that jumping effect to be shown well.
Please enjoy this jumping effect while they sing!
In the music video the cloudy sky has the image of rushing about, and the production was done with such a large scale in mind.

「Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai」

Well, this song is the official cheer song for the Sochi Olympics representatives from Japan.
The rhythm is fairly strong, and the BPM is fast as well.
I did “Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai” with the meaning of every individual being unique.
I wrote the lyrics with the belief that our DNA and such shine in our own personal space.
It’s often said that no adversary can surpass our efforts, but I really do believe in that.
Because if you lose to yourself, nothing will begin at all.
I think the girls are also bringing themselves closer and closer to tomorrow’s success with their great efforts as they sing and dance in that incredible rhythm.
The dance is instense, and at times the members have to substitute one another when they fall like dominoes.
Sometimes they also change places with each other on the left and right like they do in the shadow clone technique.
It’s a song where all the members come together and merge as one.
It certainly gives meaning to the song title, “There’s no one who can substitute you”!

「What is LOVE?」
I think recently this is the song that was composed and written in the shortest time, up to the arrangement.
No, even until the vocal recording to the trackdown it can be considered the fastest.
And from there there was trouble with the formation at the beginning of dance rehearsals, and so it was all done in a very compact time.
Please don’t think something like “what’re you talking about, it can be done”.
It’s rare for there to be something like this. Even while doing the arrangement and vocal recording, there was almost no criticism. They followed the image, perfected the dance, and had no doubt but to go forward.
It’s happened. During “LOVE Machine” it was like that too.
Of course there were fine tuning and sudden big changes, but from there things went very smoothly, and the passion of the members and staff piled up and delivered a really good outcome in the end. Things like that happen.
The lyrics were a collaboration project with NHK’s “J-MELO”; coming from a survey with fans from all over the world, I took them and transformed them into the song lyrics.
It is the certain that after the great disaster in Japan, the lingering memories are still continuing.
Under these circumstances, even if we call for world peace it may not have any effect.
Well, it’s that kind of message.
It’s just that in the world the opposite can also be true; having peace and equality (setting these goals) depends on us looking at the things that we ought to do, seeing the problems around us that we need to resolve. This is what I want to make known.
I assembled the shuffle beat with digital rock.
Having created a song with such a vigorous beat like this, when the current Morning Musume performs it they do it in such a beautiful, lovely way. That’s what I think.

Michishige
She’s doing her best as the leader, but as an individual she’s also putting effort into being reliable.
It must be tough to watch over the troubles of the new members, but I myself well understand that in order to guide the juniors, one must keep growing.
Michishige is at that stage now too, isn’t she.

Fukumura
She’s the sub-leader; I feel that day after day she’s giving huge effort.
Although during her Hello! Pro Egg time I didn’t recognize her as the type who’s good at dancing, she’s now able to dance with sharpness.
If she can understand rhythm that alone will influence her singing. Now is her period of growth, isn’t it.

Ikuta
“Ahh~ KY” etc is what’s being said of her, but isn’t it true?
Ahh, that’s certainly the case, but I get the feeling that even as a KY she’s surpassing a certain level and reaching that stage of a pro.
With her positivity, the atmosphere around her is always cheerful.
I want her to cut through without breaking her spirit!

Sayashi
Since she became a member, the image of Morning Musume’s dance and performance has changed
Saying that isn’t an exaggeration, and that’s not all, but I feel that singing-wise the image has also changed.
From the very start it’s been said that her dancing is good, but I think that even after joining she’s been working hard everyday and continuously increasing her skill.

Suzuki
Recently I thought she’s faced a bit of problems,
but now she’s come and opened doors by herself.
From the start she’s been sharp in her dancing and singing,
If she can open a new door for herself now she can keep growing each time.
It’d be good if she can make conversation in her own words with more freedom.

Iikubo
This girl is strong too, huh.
I don’t get part of her true nature. It’s possible that in her heart she’s actually shouting “help me~!” or “what do I do now?!” and so on, but she’s also going “I’m fine!” with that face. That’s splendid.
Even though she was an amateur in dancing and singing, she always accepts the challenge desperately. She’s reliable.

Ishida
I wrote it before too, but she’s become brighter. Both her heart and atmosphere.
It’s possible that she can be seen as tacky.
Since it’d be a disadvantage to be seen as just tacky on one side, it’s necessary to be conscious about something so that it doesn’t just end up as that. While she has a rivalry with Sayashi over the number 1 spot in dance, she’s able to come up to speed in singing so I’m looking forward to her performance from now onwards as well!

Sato
It’s undeniable she still has the feeling of being the youngest child, but even so it is a fact that her true strength is showing more.
It’s just that it’s a pity that she herself isn’t aware of this.
Even though she has a sense of rhythm, it’s a waste that she doesn’t go beyond that to understand more about the theory behind it.
It’s good that her voice is also starting to build up, so from now on she should be aiming for an A grade in the singing department.
I hope she’ll do her best.

Kudo
She’s really growing taller; along with that, she’s started to become able to make expressions like an adult.
It’s not just her responses, but she’s also becoming firmer in speaking for herself.
If she’s able to give delicate expressions in her dance from her eyelashes to her fingertips she’ll grow more and more.
In Morning Musume she’s the person with the most room for growth.

Oda
Her singing has power like a spring, and she moves all the way to her fingertip. She has a power of expression that can’t be called gooey.
It’s such that you want to be a tsukkomi and ask “are you natto?!”
She can do anything with skill; even if it’s singing or dancing, she can draw her heart and feelings out and instantly improve.
She can copy the demo tape and the dance and do better than them, making herself even stronger in her own way that’s beyond comprehension!

http://ameblo.jp/tsunku-blog/entry-11737211093.html

*Thx to Apple Cake from H!O

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
I have the utmost respect for Tsunku, but I feel well written fan opinions of members are more interesting to read than his xD nothing's really surprised me in a long time... Stuff.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
Limited edition A:

Limited edition B:

Limited edition C:

Limited edition D:

Regular edition A:

Regular edition B:

Single website: http://www.helloproject.com/morningmusume/egakimi/top.html#wrapper
rina ♥ mini

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
The smiles on LE A are so cute!!! Lots of different outfits eh eh
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
LE A and RE A for me. :wub:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Reg B for me for sure. XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf

In the words of M. Bison: YES!!! YES!!!

Maybe further proof that someone at Up Front lurks this forum, because it's like they read my complaints about drum rhythms! XD Seriously, I LOVE this song on its beat alone, opting for a slower, hard hitting funky rhythm instead of the usual overdone house-style pattern...such a huge difference from a simple change. The vocal rhythm at parts seem like forcing lyrics/syllables into a short span, but overall I think it works; it kinda gives off a bit of a Kendrick Lamar vibe.

This could very well eventually become my favorite A-side single song of all time. :twothumbs

The video is interesting, contrasting the white background with some nice flashy background effects. The zoom out on Riho at the end of the last chorus makes it look like she has magical shrinking powers. :lol:
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
What is Love is catchy as hell. :thumbup
perf@11:18
!

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
I love this song even more now~ :inlove: but wished that the pv wasn't a concert ver...doesn't have a lot of impact if there's no chanting XD
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AI - Butterfly