JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Olivia - Starless Night

Author Topic: (Band) GLAY  (Read 44190 times)

Kaizer

Re: (Band) GLAY - (US TOUR 2009 - win tickets!!)
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2009, 02:37:58 AM »
^ ABC? Acid Black Cherry. You know, Yasu's solo project. xD It's been awesome. :3

Oh, yeah definitely. <3 It makes you feel that you aren't alone. xDD

Offline Scarlet

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2009, 01:52:13 AM »
lol yes, oh I like ABC :3
it was kind of kind fun to see a darker visual self of Yasu x3

omg omg
Glay's playing @ the Fillmore today :'D
I hope they have a great show <33
"Love is Beautiful"

Kaizer

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2009, 05:02:18 AM »
Yeah that was kinda new, although JDA had a bit of dark side too, just not as dark as ABC. xD

I knowwwww. Fuck I still wanna go. DDD:

Offline Scarlet

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2009, 12:32:43 AM »
lol agreed :3

oh set list guys for the Fillmore, I'll put it in white in case some people don't wanna see it D:

>>1. GREAT VACATION
2. 誘惑
3. GLOBAL COMMUNICATION
-MC-
4. SURVIVAL
5. Cynical
6. 千ノナイフガ胸ヲ刺ス
-MC-
7. Starless Night
-MC-
8. RUN
9. HOWEVER
10. BE WITH YOU
-Member Intro-
11. VERB
12. Synchronicity
13. I am XXX
14. HIGH COMMUNICATIONS
-MC-
15. More Than Love
16. 彼女の“Modern …”
17. SHUTTER SPEEDS のテ-マ

-Encore-

18. ピーク果てしなく ソウル限りなく
19. I'm In Love
<<

** curtesy of ianchan @ Livejournal.com

I wonder if they'll change it up because they usually change one song :3
oh man I hope they play Toge >;
"Love is Beautiful"

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: (Band) GLAY - (US TOUR 2009!)
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2009, 03:31:33 AM »
WERD FRisco peeps made it. rev2hd said they didn't allow cams XD but ya never know.

TRIS! how was it?? :P

Kaizer

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2009, 05:30:12 AM »
Scarlet: Awesome! A different kind of playlist, mostly new songs to promote them huh. : O Nice.

Omg you go in two days. 8D

Offline Scarlet

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2009, 01:52:36 AM »
lol omg yes, I'm freaking out XDD

Making my way there at around 5am so I should arrive around 7 :3

Heard about the show, omg Teru was so happy that there was more people this time :3
check out his blog<333

they also put up a slide show in their Myspace Blog XDD
"Love is Beautiful"

Kaizer

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2009, 04:59:31 AM »
^ Teru's broken English translation is so funny. xD

But omg the pictures are awesome like before. Hisashi's hair is really long now. o_o

Offline Scarlet

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2009, 05:52:54 AM »
Glay @ the House of Blues Sept.12

The Line
Got there at 7am!
there was already 20 something people in front, not a big deal, but you just knew how I felt.

the pass the line crowd, the girl in red was first in line :3

In front of the House of Blues, though this is a picture of the "Tonight" board.

Well waiting in line was very boring, I brought friends this time, but they were mostly reading books. Even more people came, it was nice listening to the stories people were telling about Glay, I met some fans who came from Japan, Tomoko &Miki, and their friend I can't remember his name. But it was like a funny lost in translation because they spoke little English and I little Japanese, so we mostly used body language. They asked us if we came last year, and If I was in any pictures, I told them that I did come last year, and then Tomo rummaged inside her bag and pulled out a small magazine, and handed it to me, I didn't realize what it was until I took it. It was Happy Swing Volume 53& Happy Swing volume 50! And it was about the Verb tour in 08!! I immediately freaked out, I specially freaked out when I opened it and saw a pic picture of the crow. I WAS IN IT!! I freaked out so much at that time, I showed them and they congratulated me and were cheering , then she asked me if Jiro took a picture of our section and I told her that I remembered that, well guess what? She turned to the page it was on and I found myself AGAIN!! I showed them and they confirmed it! Tomo flipped on Happy Swing 53 and pointed to the crowd in the Picture of the Great Vacation free concert in Yokohama,and said that it was her, I freaked out for her and we were just soaking in Glay Fan-girl-ness. He gave me back the magazines after telling us to let another group od fans look at them gave them back to them and Tomo told me that we could take pictures of them all we wanted. Though through Lost in Translation she pointed at me and said "Takuro, Takuro Takuro" and made a motion of cellphone picture taking as she said it and said "it's okay". After taking like a hundred pictures of Takuro, and Erika of Jiro we gave them back. They asked us who our favorite member was, Erika and Diana (friends I brought) said Jiro because in the short time I've introduced them they were just crazy about Jiro. Tomo and Miki were also Jiro fans, I told them Takuro and they freaked out and started showing all these pictures of Takuro and telling me that he lived in L.A. and he also had a house in Japan, and that he moved from L.A. to Japan, back to Japan and back to L.A.! Well I was dying inside and these girls were so happy that their idols could be adored by people so many miles away from their homeland. They had jet-lag though so they went back to their hotel room to sleep, it was 2am for them so I wasn't surprised, their friend stayed but he slept in line, we took care of their stuff while they were gone though. Then they started rehearsing! around 6 something, i went to go to the bathroom and what do I hear? "My Love, Try Love" Oh my God! I pressed my face against a glass door by the bathroom and I could see Hisashi, Oh my God, I told the other fans that were there to go see, and then there was a line to see them. A girl with blond hair was there just listening, she said that if she saw them she would cry, it was so sweet. I remember that was me last year, I was crying in line while they were rehearsing, and during performance at the show, wow. I love how Glay can touch so many people and all over the world.

The Show

Hours Passed by, and a short misunderstanding about our tickets later, we were in! Well as Soon as my ticket was scanned I RAN IN and I mean "RAN IN" I got from the door to the rail in 3 seconds! I even almost threw down with a girl who wanted my spot, she pushed me and I shoved her back, she was Japanese too, and I can tell you that the rest of the night she tired to push me back. Well that was the girl to my right. The girl to my left was so nice though, we took care of each other all threw out the concert. The girls in front of me were rude though, they kept pushing us back even though we weren't pushing them, so I didn't understand them, I also didn't understand how people can leave their hair down, and expect it not to to pulled! Alright so the concert begins! Lights go on, and Hisashi walks out with his Jedi light-saber toy, oh my god! Fangirls were loosing it, I was loosing it, Hisashi is so cool! Next to come out was Jiro, and yes he had a light-Saber too! (I think, he was holding something!) right after him was Takuro, he was a total rock star, like we know he is posing and doing all the things we love him for, and then Teru, walking to his mic with his arms wide open, I was in love, I always forget it, but Teru is such a great performer because of how he interacts with the audience, even though that Takuro is my idol, my God, Teru always steals my attention.
"The Great Vacation" Begins and we're all going crazy, already there's a girl behind me trying to push me away, not gonna happen, in too in love and into this moment to let her. I'm singing a long and just in love with everything, shaking freaking out about Takuro playing too close to the crow, my entire section was just calling out his name "Takuro" "Takuro!!"
"Yuuwaku/誘惑" was next, and omg it was craziness, " Morning Moon,yuube no namida no wakemo kikazu" I was getting pushed badly this time, I tried to ignore her but it was bad, so I stepped on her foot and she stopped, I can still feel the bruises she gave me by the way. I let it go and just jumped with the crowed I sang out with Teru's voice and hundreds of Glay fans, singing a long "I don't know how to love don't ask me why!" at this point Hisashi's solo came and he stood in the middle of the stage I was near there and I saw him shred that guitar and the beautiful sound of it rang in my ear, I remember then that Hisashi's outfit really reminded me of  the Live a the Expo in 1998, still Punk rock at heart.

I think that "Cynical" was next, the energy of the crowd was picking up and that girl wouldn't quit it, well when that soon was over. Next was "サバイバル/ Survival" and before Teru started talking to us, again, a guy behind me told the girl who was crushing me to stop it, then he said some words to her in Japanese that I will not repeat here, let's just say that bitch got what she deserved, the rest of the night I never felt her try to push me away again, thank you mysterious man!
The next song was "Starless Night" and you know Teru, first he made us sing with him and had a little cheering contest, he spoke to us, and told us about his "Broken English" oh but he was so cute, trying to translate his Japanese into English but a fan didn't know how to translate it. Well we were doing the "Ooooh wow" and he tried to separate the boys from the girls, a girl who was singing on a boys part went red when he pointed at her and said "Just the boys!"

After this I think they played two ballads, "However", and "Be with you", and "Run" "Hashiru Hashiru, Hashiru!!" I can't remember the order though, they either played it before these two or after, that I think it was "Verb" well it was amazing! and everyone was headbanging and jumping "Doushite ano toki te wo hanashita doushite ano chikai wo kowashita " going crazy over Teru pulling Hisashi too close to him, Takuro was hunched over demanding perfection from his guitar, it came in the dramatic sound of the bridge.  He was wearing these pretty boots they were shiny and blood red, Teru's boots had these little feathers on the sides that would jingle as he walked, it was cute and very rock n roll.  Alright so I think that after Verb, they played "Synchronicity" with Teru beginning this beautiful vocalizing that just blew me away. Next was "I am xxx " Everyone went crazy again, and I'm telling you that it's not "omg omg I'm being squished" all the time. It's very tame but at the same time it's amazing because you can jump comfortably and have fun comfortably. So we're all losing it at the chorus and freaking out again " Yes I am, Oh Yes I am we are in love" It was very in the order like the  Fillmore set list. I think there was a change in the beginning though I can't remember it now. " Next song, i knew they were going to play but I still freaked out because it was one of my favorites, "High Communications" Teru made us some weird punching X thing with our arms 'High communications beat emotion escalation" more jumping I smiled to the girl next to me who turned to me and smiled at me back, then the bridge came up in the middle of "I love, try love" the crowd jumped and cheered "hey" it was very cool how fast we got the choreography down!  Next was "More than Love" which I think was the last song before the encore, at the middle of this song Teru decided to rip off his shirt and at the end collapse on the floor, Takuro laughed when he did and did Jiro, awww it was so cute you guys! Then they left the stage. Of course there was going to be an encore because their Glay and we love them and want more. They came out and Teru had a shirt on, fan-girls mourned, it was a tour shirt by the way, I think the whole band had them on. "彼女の"Modern..."/Konojo no 'Modern...'" was the first encore song, well the crow went crazy! I felt even more squished now and somehow ended up separated from my friends and all the way nearer to Teru which meant I was farther from Takuro, though I wasn't sad.I let it go though I was too busy jumping "Kimi no sex, drugs, rock and roll!!" It was time,for Jiro to rock the hell out of us with "SHUTTER SPEEDSのテーマ/Shutter Speeds no theme", of course the fan-girls were going crazy! and we would jump insync to "Hey Man" Next was "Acid Head"which was amazing, even crazier than Konojo, and Teru was spinning so crazily! Then something happened, I freaked out more than usual, why? Maybe because one of my favorite songs was next! "ピ-ク果てしなく ソウル限りなく/Peak Hateshinaku Soul Kagirinaku" in an instant Teru got the crowd to do the windshield wipers and of course we all proceeded to jump once the lyrics started. "It's My Life Tomerarenai! Dokomadedemo Hashiru!"Well the evening ended withI'm In Love" it was really beautiful, Teru would mix in the name of L.A. in there somewhere, and the crowd was just taking in his voice, while Teru strummed his guitar and sang, Takuro took his pick and put it in his mouth and proceeded to play his guitar with his fingers only. I would've taken a picture but my phone died! Well I was in heaven, and all the while clapping my hands to the tempo repeating the anthem we all swore by "I'm Just in Love, I'm just in love, I'm just in love oh Singin' my Life".
I can't remember the order of songs sorry, I have really bad short term . I do remember ,however, Teru just showering me  when he sprayed water into the crowd,  I remember Hisashi throwing his pick way back into the pit, I remember Jiro taking a picture of my section, again! Glay took a picture with us too, I don't think I'll show up this time but maybe my hand will! It was so cute Teru was just like "Do you mind, if we took a picture with you guys?" I remember Takuro talking into the mic, I remember me freaking out about it, I'm only this much of a fan-girl for Takuro! We didn't do the end jump together, but my section only a few did the girl next to me and I held hands and jumped when they did. The concert was over, I was parched I made my way to the bar and asked for water, after the concert my friends who never even knew who they were or have liked Japanese music at all were all of a sudden in love with them! We swore to follow their next U.S. tour entirely. This is the reason that I am so in love with Glay, the way that they can bring people together and the message that they give, and the way they treat their fans. You can tell that when Teru saw a sign that read "We Love Glay" he said "Oh that's so sweet, I love you too," you can hear it in his vioce that he meant it. Or even how excited Jiro was it was written all over his face that they honestly cared for us. Many bands just see their audience as money, but not Glay, and like Glay a lot of other bands don't.The Great Vacation Tour ended, with promises to return to the states again!

This is Teru!

Jiro!

Takuro
& I couldn't get a picture of Hisashi because my phone died D:
Sorry Hisashi fans >;

« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 06:05:23 AM by Scarlet »
"Love is Beautiful"

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2009, 06:51:45 AM »
Wooooo~!!! Must be so awesome to see them live *___*   

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2009, 06:55:15 AM »
WHOA Scarlet!! You were really up close and personal. no wonder, 7 AM haha :dizzy:

At such a legendary venue too. Way to represent!!! Whatta show up for American fans this time around.

Offline Scarlet

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2009, 10:46:22 AM »
lol the people I met ahead of me had camped out and some got them at 3-5 am XD
it was very serious business 8D

alright I fixed it!
they didn't play Cynical or Survival
instead it was Ikiteku Tsuyosa  and Glorious!
sorry about the confusions lol
here---> http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=20936.0
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 10:53:30 AM by Scarlet »
"Love is Beautiful"

Kaizer

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2009, 07:58:54 PM »
So awesome Scarlet!!! I'm glad all of you had fun!

Hopefully I'll get to go next time they come to North America!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2009, 08:21:42 PM »
3-5 AM WHOA. And I thought Dinny was hardcore LOL. I been listening to GLAY and I must admit...pretty dope shit!! Their last single was like 12 minutes long XD

Looks like we'll have to go to SF or LA, Kaizer.

Kaizer

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2009, 03:25:32 AM »
^ Yeah their latest single is super long LOL 13 minutes exact. xD

Well I can't go there, it's too far. Dx D:

Offline Scarlet

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2009, 05:23:03 AM »
recently their case for Copyrights of their songs was settled.
It was in the news since 04 I think, that their company sued them or something.

well it was settled last month!
Yay~ now Glay officially owns all of their songs <3
"Love is Beautiful"

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: (Band) GLAY
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2009, 06:35:01 AM »
recently their case for Copyrights of their songs was settled.
It was in the news since 04 I think, that their company sued them or something.

well it was settled last month!
Yay~ now Glay officially owns all of their songs <3

Who did they get sued by?? Copyright like as in a few KPop artists recently?  :lol:

holy shit check out this edition. over 40 track, at least it's 2 shows. but still good deal.

GLAY 15th Anniversary Special Live 2009 The Great Vacation in Nissan Stadium -Complete Edition- [Limited Edition]

Live DVD release from GLAY commemorating their 15th anniversary. Features footage from 15th anniversary concert performance on August 16, 2009 at Yokohama Nissan Stadium. Includes "HOWEVER," Yuwaku," "I'm in Love," and more for 21 songs total. Limited edition also features complete footage from the concert on August 15, 2009.

Complete Edition Tracklist

1.      [DISC1&2 (Live on August 15th)] GREAT VACATION
2.    [DISC1&2 (Live on August 15th)] LAYLA
3.    [DISC1&2 (Live on August 15th)] GLOBAL COMMUNICATION
4.    [DISC1&2 (Live on August 15th)] MERMAID
5.    [DISC1&2 (Live on August 15th)] laotour -Furueru Kobushi ga Tsukamu Mono
6.    [DISC1&2 (Live on August 15th)] ROCK'N'ROLL SWINDLE
7.    [DISC1&2 (Live on August 15th)] STREET LIFE
8.    [DISC1&2 (Live on August 15th)] RUN
9.    [DISC1&2 (Live on August 15th)] Julia
10.    [DISC1&2 (Live on August 15th)] STARLESS NIGHT
11.    [DISC1&2 (Live on August 15th)] THE BIRTHDAY GIRL
12.    [DISC1&2 (Live on August 15th)] Tsuzure Ori -so far and yet so close-
13.    [DISC1&2 (Live on August 15th)] Synchronicity
14.    [DISC1&2 (Live on August 15th)] I am xxx
15.    [DISC1&2 (Live on August 15th)] HIGHCOMMUNICATIONS
16.    [DISC1&2 (Live on August 15th)] VERB
17.    [DISC1&2 (Live on August 15th)] Peak Hateshinaku, Soul Kagirinaku
18.    [DISC1&2 (Live on August 15th)] BEAUTIFUL DREAMER
19.    [DISC1&2 (Live on August 15th)] SAY YOUR DREAM
20.    [DISC1&2 (Live on August 15th)/encore] SHUTTER SPEEDS no Theme
21.    [DISC1&2 (Live on August 15th)/encore] ACID HEAD
22.    [DISC3&4 (Live on August 16th)] GREAT VACATION
23.    [DISC3&4 (Live on August 16th)] Biribiri Crash Men
24.    [DISC3&4 (Live on August 16th)] Glorious
25.    [DISC3&4 (Live on August 16th)] SOUL LOVE
26.    [DISC3&4 (Live on August 16th)] summer FM
27.    [DISC3&4 (Live on August 16th)] Survival
28.    [DISC3&4 (Live on August 16th)] Cynical
29.    [DISC3&4 (Live on August 16th)] Sen no Knife ga Mune wo Sasu
30.    [DISC3&4 (Live on August 16th)] Zutto Futari de. . .
31.    [DISC3&4 (Live on August 16th)] HOWEVER
32.    [DISC3&4 (Live on August 16th)] Julia
33.    [DISC3&4 (Live on August 16th)] More than Love
34.    [DISC3&4 (Live on August 16th)] Ikiteku Tsuyosa
35.    [DISC3&4 (Live on August 16th)] Yuwaku
36.    [DISC3&4 (Live on August 16th)] HAPPY SWING
37.    [DISC3&4 (Live on August 16th)] Kanojo no "Modern. . ."
38.    [DISC3&4 (Live on August 16th)] SHUTTER SPEEDS no Theme
39.    [DISC3&4 (Live on August 16th)] ACID HEAD
40.    [DISC3&4 (Live on August 16th)] I'm in Love
41.    [DISC3&4 (Live on August 16th)/encore] Peak Hateshinaku, Soul Kagirinaku
42.    [DISC3&4 (Live on August 16th)/encore] BEAUTIFUL DREAMER

Offline chinesejetset

• ecchi
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2009, 09:32:16 AM »
I love jiro and hisashi!  :twothumbs

Offline Scarlet

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2010, 10:28:23 PM »
@Dai: I think that it was because they switched companies, and back in 04 their previous company basically said that they owned their music since I guess that was something that they didn't tell them, so they sued them.
That is what I heard :3

I've been so busy lately, hardly any time to go on forums sorry~!!

in any case I bring good news.

Takuro announced in his Myspace blog a few weeks ago that they are working on a new album this year.
there has been no new album since Love is Beautiful back in early 07. Only compilations and singles.

there will hopefully be an American addition to their album tour since they did promise to return, so it maybe be next year.  It all depends on when the album is finished and how many arena tours they plan to have. And of course cost, if they can risk coming this year or if it's better to make anticipation for next year.

That's the glay two cents from me <3
"Love is Beautiful"

Offline donkeykong83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2010, 11:05:25 PM »
So I just heard their new single, Precious (releasing Sep 8). Its a bit slow and the PV looked kinda cheap. Still need a few more listens to decide whether I dig it or not.
And their new album...titled..."GLAY" will be released on 13th October. Woot!

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Olivia - Starless Night