JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AOA - 10 Seconds

Author Topic: (Group) Hello Venus  (Read 35201 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
(Group) Hello Venus
« on: April 19, 2012, 02:43:56 PM »

Hello Venus is a new girl group from Pledis entertainment (After School, Son Dambi, Nu'est) consisting of 3 Pledis trainees and 3 girls from Fantagio agency. Some of the girls have been featured before on After School tracks and videos. They're set to debut in May.

--

Seems the original plan was to have 7 girls in this group:

Fantagio will be collaborating with Pledis, label of Son Dambi and After School, to showcase a seven member girl group in April. The group has already started training for its first single with a dance piece by a famous composer, and will be promoted through the combined efforts of Pledis and Fantagio.

According to reports from both agencies, the group has already been preparing for their first single, a dance song from a famous composer. Fantagio revealed, “They’ve trained for about a year and a half. Four members are from Fantagio and three are from Pledis, and after their debut, Fantagio will be managing the acting portions of their promotion while Pledis will be taking over variety.”

Bios:

Left to Right: Nara, Yoonjo, Yooara, Lime, Yooyoung & Alice

Disclaimer: Sources hard to find for most of the info, so take everything with a grain of salt. Many of the girls are "well-known" Pledis trainees though. Tidbits condensed mostly from tumblar and wiki.

Nara

Name: Nara (나라)
Birthdate: March 13, 1991 (age 21)
Height: 172 cm

Yooara

Name: Yooara (유아라)
Birthdate: September 26, 1992 (age 19)
Height: 167 cm
Position: Leader, Main Vocalist

- Fluent in Japanese
- Went to Seoul Music High School, graduated 2 years early, majored in vocals
- One of the Popular Pledis Trainees and Pre-School Girl
- Auditioned to be After School's 9th member, she made it to the final 2 but in the end E-Young was picked
- Sang the chorus on After School's Love Love Love in 2010
- Featured on After School and Son Dambi's Love Letter together with Rhyme in 2011
- After School E-Young's Best Friend

Yoonjo

Name: Yoonjo (윤조)
Birthdate: December 14, 1992 (age 19)
Height: 165 cm
Position: Vocalist

- Went to Seoul Arts High School
- Was a Pre-School Girl
- Majored in music & vocals (in particular classical singing, she is a soprano)
- Featured on After School's 1st Full Album "Virgin" in the track "Dream"

Lime

Name: Lime (라임)
Birthdate: January 19, 1993 (age 19)
Position: Main Rapper

- Went to Youngpa Girls High School
- Former trainee at Medialine Entertainment (was supposed to debut in Viva Girls)
- Former back-up dancer for Lee Chaeyeon
- Featured on After School and Son Dambi's Love Letter together with Ara in 2011
- Wrote the Rap lyrics for Scotch V.I.P.'s "Finale"

Alice

Name: Alice (앨리스)
Birthdate: March 21, 1990 (age 22)
Height: 166 cm

Yooyoung

Name: Yooyoung (유영)
Birthdate: January 23, 1995 (age 17)
Height: 170 cm

Pre-debut vids:

^Ara

Pre-debut pics:

Yoonjo

Lime

Yooara

--

Let's see how this group turns out to be.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:46:04 PM by Stryfe »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: (Group) Hello Venus
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 08:36:31 PM »
SHALALALALALA PENIS MOUSSE!!!!

HELLO PENIS!!!!!

The girls look very pretty >_<

Also, water is wet, etc.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 03:15:01 AM »
XD

The Youtube channel is open... with a bunch of simple "Hello Penis Venus" greetings from other Pledis & Fantagio peeps.

Offline Ips03

• ecchi
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 06:23:35 PM »
I can't wait for their debut.
I'm already falling in love for Ara & Yoongjo  :wub:

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 10:44:57 AM »
Yoonjo looks like a combination of heaps of different idols XD She's got SNSD Jessica's head shape, for one. Huge eyes, though :mon cute:

Nara doesn't wear pants. I can get behind that.

Hello Penis is definitely what I'll be calling them, if I ever hear of them again :P Cute pet name, thanks Shi!

Offline Ips03

• ecchi
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 02:29:24 AM »
Nara... so beautiful :wub:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 04:55:47 PM »

Nara

Alice/Yooyoung(?)

Yooyoung/Alice(?)

Ah, the infamous grains of salt. First post edited and portraits shuffled a bit, since Nara-strut pic and Naver offer some differing info on the girls.

http://search.naver.com/search.naver?where=nexearch&sm=tab_txc&ie=utf8&query=%EB%82%98%EB%9D%BC&os=876524

Basically Alice's portrait was actually Nara, and the identities of Alice & Yooyoung in the photo remain unconfirmed. Stay tuned, stay confused.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:04:28 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Borp

• ecchi
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 02:28:40 AM »
After School is by far my favorite K pop group so i can't wait for what Pledis will do next.

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 02:30:13 AM »
This just goes to show that names are for chumps. I'll just refer to the former Nara as 'the one without pants'.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 04:20:27 PM »

We have a teaser, and I like it! Watch it while I sort out some more details for the profiles...

« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 04:41:02 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 07:03:18 PM »

So, obviously the girl in this pic was not Nara, but a Pledis trainee, Nicole. Allegedly she was supposed to debut in Hello Venus but withdrew "at the last minute".

http://afterschooldaze.wordpress.com/2012/04/28/inforumors-nikkis-withdrawal-hyelims-enrollment-status/

More pics and info on her here:

http://www.dkpopnews.net/2012/03/pictures-pledis-trainee-nicole-loves.html

What a doll, hope they do add her to After School or something at least. :yep:

http://twitter.com/pledisboss/status/196296649851670528

Pledis bossman-producer tweeting a pic of Lime - she really is rather easy to recognize - checking out a Chinese restaurant menu. :P

--

Profile infos for each member are drifting around tumblar but I can't find any official sources... maybe I'll add 'em to the first post anyway, with a disclaimer.

Nvm, I forgot to check Naver... which I assume is official enough.

Well, that's enough info to add our almost-legal (damn you Yooyoung :P) girls to the birthday database, might as well do that.

...there we go: http://bday.jphip.com/bday.php?categ=K-pop&group_tag=Hello+Venus
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:45:32 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 06:55:10 PM »

http://leesmusic.co.kr/lees/mall.php?cat=002001002&query=view&no=45329

01. Hello (electronic intro)
02. Venus (bright and cheerful dance track)
03. 설레임 (tr: Excitement) (ballad)
04. Love Appeal

Info and tracklist on the mini-album, with the track descriptions I saw in some translation. So obviously the track they used in the teaser was just the intro track, what with all the "Hello" in it. I hope "Venus" retains the style, I was digging the electronic vibe.

http://cafe.daum.net/HELLOVENUS/7A9a/3

New set of profile pics and a blurb from their fancafe:

HELLO VENUS

A new era's modern Venus to make all your fantasies come true!

This brand new girl group is inspired and created from the classical concept & image of Greek Goddess of Love & Gorgeousness and it's also bringing the modern stylish woman like Venus into its music & performance inspiring classical Romance & Beauty to all of you.

All members with own unique style & color can help you to find their charming & lovely journey into its fantastic music & perfomance.

Hello Venus will bloom their love & music into your heart, if you are looking for Venus dream & fantasy.
Alrighty then, mr. ad blurb man.

The girls (except Lime) with actor Ha Jung-woo. Is that really Alice in the middle? Hard to say without the blonde hair, but peeps have tagged the pic as such. Others match anyway. :P

http://twitter.com/chHELLOVENUS/status/197310143858348032

I have no idea what...
chHELLOVENUS : Hello Graham, the youngest of Venus on the set tell reporter deuripnidang ^ ^ HelloVenus debut today as twelve D-8 is said to be two!
...means but I guess Yooyoung is mc:ing something? Maybe? Looks like those Music Core mic thingies...

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 07:04:45 PM »
Oh my god I feel like the stupidest person ever.

I've just learned from that picture of the girl holding a mic that Hello Venus forms LOVE. :lol:

Like Hel-LOVE-nus

Now the name makes A LITTLE BIT more sense, but still not really :lol:

(I fear Gang Kids can't have a similar redeeming factor...)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 07:45:06 PM »

http://star.mk.co.kr/new/view.php?mc=ST&no=265272&year=2012
http://news.nate.com/view/20120502n03840?mid=e0101

Bit of a rocky start for Hello Venus. Right before their debut, and even before filming their music vid, Yoonjo suffered a "ligament injury" to her leg while practicing and is now forced to rest for 3-4 weeks.

So she's out of the live performances and even the dance bits of the music vid, or any strenuous activity in the promotions. Gotta hope the choreography can be fixed to look natural for five members, instead of just leaving a weird Yoonjo-sized opening. All in all, what a bummer.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 10:00:53 PM »
I feel like her creepy doll-eyes will haunt me in my dreams in revenge for her suffering, not that I had anything to do with her accident... o-o

But yeah, that's a bummer.

Offline superthefox

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 04:10:45 AM »
Hmm...I don't much care for any other Pledis artists, but this teaser has me interested well enough. I'll have to keep my eye out on them, it seems. Very unfortunate that the one member was injured already. Hope she recovers well.

So many new groups debut each year, and most of them are all but forgotten almost instantly and left behind. It feels like they could be one of the few who have a chance right now. There is just a certain aura that I can't explain that they have that most other new groups this year haven't had. I'd hate to see pre-debut injuries take all that hard work from them. I wish them luck, even if I don't end up liking the release.

Offline Flyp

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 12th gen supporter
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 06:20:17 PM »

MV Teaser!

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 06:22:09 PM »
Gotta say I'm somewhat disappointed in the cutesy song, the intro tune sounded far more promising to me. Full song could still be fine, we'll see.

Looks like they've somewhat fixed the choreography for five, though, of course it's tough to say just from this.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 02:58:27 PM »

Huge official pics. Tasty. Alice :heart:

Almost there!

Greetings! Well, the album's leaked (Pledis nuking youtube vids of the songs faster than light too, haha), MV is probably out in a few hours, well, if they release it on 9th at least.

Seems "Hello" isn't just a short intro as the preview stuff made me think, it's almost a full song... as much as I like the sound, the beat and the bits of it (especially the "Hello, now listen up" segment), it still does sound like an intro to something else. "Venus" is what it is, nothing spectacular, but certainly not that bad of a debut song either. I'm thinking fans of this cutesier style might dig it more, haha. "Excitement" shows some really nice singing chops of the girls at least, I'm sure ballad-fans will like this. "Love Appeal" is aight, but has a bit of that filler vibe to me.

All in all, it doesn't exactly blow me away, but I do want to hear and see more. Now bring on that MV and some lives! :P
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:11:52 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 04:56:56 PM »

Handy bump to get the mv on page 2. :P

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AOA - 10 Seconds