JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - Sexy Love

Author Topic: The AKB48 Collection Thread  (Read 253302 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: The AKB48 Collection Thread
« Reply #280 on: June 28, 2011, 10:56:24 AM »
Kaigai Ryoko Nikki II with Ayaka and Lovetan bonus pics:

- 10nen Zakura Theater CD (came with bootleg Harugon card)
- Everyday Kachuusha CDs
- Yuki Photore pics
- Rena's Koko ni ita koto pic (massive props to YKT!)

When there are sold-out items I want, I check CDJapan multiple times a day to check if the items get back in stock. I lucked out with these Kachuusha CDs, because ther were sold out a long time ago, but one day they had some left. I bought them asap! It was a race against the clock for the voting tickets to arrive on time. Sadly, the tickets lost the race. A couple days after the election I received a mail from CDJ saying the CDs came back to them and that they would try to re-send it. This never happened before, but aw well. They arrived eventually.

I received the Rena pic from YKT  :bow: This means a lot to me. Sometimes, amidst all the die-hard collectors and insane prices on auctions, you forget the true meaning of picture collecting. It should be all about the girls you like and about who the other person likes, regardless of picture value. For example: if I have an Acchan pic, but don't like her at all... why wouldn't I trade it for the Mariyannu pic I love so much? Because the Acchan is worth more? No! That's just stupid and a lot of people get carried away with the 'business end' of collecting.

To me, a picture is much more valuable if it's received as a gift or through a trade, because then it has a story behind it. Sure, I love Yuki and I did buy those Photore pictures... but the Rena pic YKT gave me, the Tubgirls pic that once belonged to Meania and Masa and the Rie pic I got from Maliciel will always be worth much more to me. They have heart  :heart:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #281 on: June 28, 2011, 05:23:43 PM »

Thanks, almond! :heart:

I received the Rena pic from YKT  :bow: This means a lot to me. Sometimes, amidst all the die-hard collectors and insane prices on auctions, you forget the true meaning of picture collecting. It should be all about the girls you like and about who the other person likes, regardless of picture value. For example: if I have an Acchan pic, but don't like her at all... why wouldn't I trade it for the Mariyannu pic I love so much? Because the Acchan is worth more? No! That's just stupid and a lot of people get carried away with the 'business end' of collecting.

To me, a picture is much more valuable if it's received as a gift or through a trade, because then it has a story behind it. Sure, I love Yuki and I did buy those Photore pictures... but the Rena pic YKT gave me, the Tubgirls pic that once belonged to Meania and Masa and the Rie pic I got from Maliciel will always be worth much more to me. They have heart  :heart:
Agreed :yep:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #282 on: July 01, 2011, 11:24:27 AM »
Surprise gets from one of my Japanese friends  :O2 Moshidora pomotional pictures!

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #283 on: July 08, 2011, 05:21:21 PM »

Offline Kira10

• Member+
« Reply #284 on: July 09, 2011, 02:17:12 AM »
Shipment from fromjapan and HMV arrived:

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
« Reply #285 on: July 09, 2011, 03:44:14 AM »

Quote from: BarrieV
To me, a picture is much more valuable if it's received as a gift or through a trade, because then it has a story behind it.

Personally, this is something I fear and wish to not think of much. I wouldn't want to know the events that transpired involving those small printed collectibles. :lol:

kidding aside, about the relative 'price' of these items. Regardless of sentiments and reasonings, one thing doesn't change, this stuff drains from you a lot of money.
Can't blame most people, we all want to get the most out of the stuff we have.
So you have an Acchan item you don't care for much, trading it 1:1 for a Mariyannu item i'd say IS stupid.... when you can sell that Acchan item and get x5 of Mariyannu items using the reward earned. haha just as an example
kk, ranting just now, ill stop before anyone says i complain too much again.

But yeah, trading with people is in itself very satisfying, have had a few successful trades that ended in meeting more cool fans.
just don't befriend people who like the same girls as you... you'll never get stuff circulated. *winkwink

the Tubgirls pic that once belonged to Meania and Masa..

holy shit, is this the one that masa sent me? haha cool stuff yo!

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #286 on: July 09, 2011, 12:22:05 PM »
So you have an Acchan item you don't care for much, trading it 1:1 for a Mariyannu item i'd say IS stupid.... when you can sell that Acchan item and get x5 of Mariyannu items using the reward earned.

This is exactly the problem. If everybody stopped selling/buying pics for crazy prices, everything would revolve around 1:1 trades...

But yeah, I know, the demand for an Acchan is higher, so you could easily get more pics/cash for it... damn market principles  :lol:

Offline Meania

• shooting for the stars~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #287 on: July 10, 2011, 01:52:33 AM »
the Tubgirls pic that once belonged to Meania and Masa..

holy shit, is this the one that masa sent me? haha cool stuff yo!
XD You got one off him too? I think he had 2 tubgirl photos and I traded him the type A cover photo for one thinking he'd appreciate having 2 different photos and I'd like a photo different to the cover of the single I'd bought :lol: then Barrie offered a trade~!

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #288 on: July 11, 2011, 07:53:06 PM »
Behold my epic stupidity Not yet fandom!

Three Yui pics! One for the binder, one for a picture frame, one for  :fap.

Pics in the photo book turned out to be:

Awesome gets! Almost worth the price. :nervous

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #289 on: July 14, 2011, 12:56:28 PM »
Massive thanks to Ronin for hooking me up with this:

My current pic album has a two pic per page lay-out, so I'm pairing it with:

Natto Angels + Acchan  :twothumbs

Offline aefan_27

• Member+
« Reply #290 on: July 14, 2011, 01:47:46 PM »

Got Fui ni type A+C & AKB ga Ippai DVD from HMV today. Really happy that I got both Tomochin AKB ga Ippai bonus photo & Shitajiki :wub:
Waiting for Fui ni type B to arrive from CDJapan.

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #291 on: July 14, 2011, 06:23:57 PM »
almost late to the bluray party~ :deco:

yeah, that's the 'shop bonus', a store poster, B2 size
also, yukko concert-sold pics  :thumbup

errr now who wants to trade ga ippai bonus pics? i'll trade any of these for yukirin's  :peace:

Offline Meania

• shooting for the stars~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #292 on: July 17, 2011, 06:06:58 PM »
To attempt to ease the pain of not being able to order all these new releases till I get a job (the thing that gets me most is missing out on lots of bonus pics!) I took an updated full collection photo!~ :D
From this:

To this:

In half a year!! :lol:
(There's also a few fake photos but I feel like they shouldn't be included! :lol:; )
I might have to start thinking about selling my Limited B's of Beginner and Sakura no Ki ni Narou if they're worth much at the moment... feels a bit silly to have more than one Type A/B and a theater, I allow myself to get a theater also as they're often handy to get all the single tracks on your computer with one disc! If they're only selling for £5 or something though I'll hang onto them! XD

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #293 on: July 20, 2011, 03:15:55 AM »
recent gets

Thanks Masa :deco:
(reusing the sticker btw :P)

and jurina plate thanks to kata :thumbsup

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #294 on: July 21, 2011, 11:29:52 AM »
Guess who I got this from:

Pimping J whenever, wherever  :lol: Thanks Ronin  XD

Owning three copies of the same CD makes me feel like a wota  :lol:

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #295 on: July 23, 2011, 05:31:00 AM »

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #296 on: July 24, 2011, 01:43:13 AM »

Yesterday was swag day. CD from ronin arrived, and I got a flyer shipment from a friend in Japan.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #297 on: July 25, 2011, 08:02:18 PM »

My first ever AKB goods, all thanks to my man BarrieV :jphip:

Two Moshidora items: A flyer, and a Guide Book; a postcard from Barrie/NL; Arupaka card in Dutch; and a Mayuyu card :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thanks!!

after a year, i finally own something akb related :rofl:

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #298 on: July 28, 2011, 01:47:07 PM »

Flyers! And my Minogashita booklet, which came with a Kuramochi Asuka photo bonus. The booklet is a great buy!

Offline Kira10

• Member+
« Reply #299 on: July 29, 2011, 08:44:41 PM »
CDs arrived from HMV:

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - Sexy Love