JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: miwa - Princess (Tropical Remix)

Author Topic: The Circle of Three [CONCLUSION: 28: Ascension]  (Read 83979 times)

Offline Maimi_Yajima

• Member+
Re: The Circle of Three [22: Rise of the Circle]
« Reply #180 on: June 14, 2008, 03:15:58 AM »
But Yuka-chan is different from Erika Umeda!
Yuka is more angelic and Maimi can soothe anger in those who give!
You can make Maimi have more confidence in itself.
Maybe Yuka is the only one who can teach to Maimi  tranquility to learn to control their emotional gusts and their state of anger.
And serve and relaxation can make Maimi be distracted a little Airi, because Airi hurts a lot to Maimi.

Although I like more  Maimi and Airi pair.
but ...
Airi hates to Maimi as Rokun said.
Yuka is beautiful!
but I would like to see Airi jealous!

Takahashi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that she is beautiful !!!!!!!!!!
always so quiet.
I imagine that there will be a battle between Maimi and Miyabi.
Maimi will want to avenge what they did to her friend Saki Shimizu.
but ...
Saki is too strong, I do not understand how it was possible that the Miyabi left in that state.

Write your next chapter please!
His story begins to take more intention!
And more curious to see how they operate the characters along with his excellent story!
Thank ROKUN you for your  chapter!
It is sad and beautiful!
Lindo and enjoyable because of Yuka and Maimi!
but ...
I would like to see jealous Airi hohohoho.

Maimi!
Haste stronger and have confidence in you and control your character and emotions!
Takahashi plans that will take?
What plans will now.

" a look can say more than words" and " a look can even denude the heart"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #181 on: June 15, 2008, 01:02:50 AM »
Beep… Beep… Beep…

The monitors against the stark white wall in this private room told the bleak tale of the status of the small girl who lay on the hospital bed.
Captain, I presume? So she didn't die after all?

No one questioned at first why a group of schoolgirls seemed to be in such bad shape, but they gave them no special treatment either. That was, at least, until Ai and Maimi had a talk with the hospital’s Director.
Yes, something tells me that they did more than just appeal to his sense of humanitarianism (and not in a good way).

The others weren’t given such accommodations of course, though Ai insisted on getting Kumai at least out of the emergency room because of some sort of loyalty that had developed between the two.
Well, she did take a shot for her. Aichan knows that loyalty like that doesn't come easy, and should be thanked/cherished/protected. :yep:

Due to the nature of her injuries, Tsugunaga was grudgingly given better care also even though Maimi was upset with her for losing her apparently dangerous weapon to those two wretched second-years.
:lol:

“You’d better hold on…” Maimi whispered to the former head of House Goto in a strained voice. “We need you… I need you… Ai-chan has…” she winced before she went on, “…managed to take good care of us since the battle, but we won’t be able to chase our dreams without you.”

She swallowed and even wiped away a tear. Everyone knew her as an emotional leader, but she always kept what she thought of as her weaker emotions tightly coiled whenever she was among others. What they didn’t know was that many nights, even as she lay beneath the royal velvet sheets within her room in the tower, she cried herself to sleep. She wondered if that was just a side of her emotions that came along with the rest of her personality, or if it might have even caused the instability within her. She gripped the hand she held tighter. Saki was the only girl from Seishin who had been with her at a time she let herself cry.
Well now, that's interesting to see (and hear). One could say that Captain is the closest thing that Maimi has to a best friend, but still...

* JFC strokes chin in a pensive manner.

Seeing Ai’s sincerely concerned face made her want to reach out to the girl before her emotion and pride rose up within her against it. Just because her older colleague seemed to show some of the best qualities of leadership didn’t mean Maimi had to like her own increasingly lesser status. She couldn’t even hold the battle against her, because it sounded like it basically ended evenly for her even though she actually had gone up against one of the three.
Hmmm...Maimi feeling like she's losing her rank amongst The Circle followers? Hopefully she doesn't go and try to do something rash to get it back.

She and Saki and had been close, at least at one time. With the graduation of Yoshizawa, who was a mentor to both of them, their bonds started to disintegrate, and once Tsunku did… whatever he did to unlock their true power, Saki had literally almost seemed like a different person.
Captain did go through a pretty big and noticeable personality change. It was almost as if unlocking their hidden powers fundamentally changed who she was.

Fleetingly she wondered what had happened to Umeda, since she didn’t think she was on the bus they took to the hospital.
Ooooooh right. She doesn't know. :O

“It’s Suzuki, isn’t it?” Ai asked, and Maimi’s breath caught.

This time Ai adopted a grim expression. “Whatever might have been, she’s chosen to side with our enemies. Don’t you even remember all the times she’s rejected you?”
So for Maimi it's been about more than just Airi's powers, isn't it? She's honestly in love with her. :o

She darted her eyes to Saki, and Maimi quickly followed suit.

The prostrate girl’s eyelids fluttered slightly before slowly sliding open, and they moved to take in her environment in a daze. “Saki-chan!!!” Maimi breathed, and now took the girl’s hand in both of hers. Weak fingers bent slowly to close around them. Maimi smiled, feeling tears come but not caring anymore. She looked over at Ai. “She’s awake!” she informed her as if they weren’t both seeing the same thing. “Saki-chan’s awake!”

Ai smiled too, in visible relief. “I see she is. The others will be thrilled to hear it.”

Maimi, in her joy, didn’t hear it at first, but when Ai motioned toward Saki again she turned to see that the girl was trying to speak. “Take it easy, Saki-chan,” she said soothingly. “Don’t try to do too much yet.”

“It’s… okay…” Saki said. Her eyes moved to take in the both of them. Maimi swallowed. If she was talking, now would come the next test… one that had come so quickly Maimi wasn’t prepared for it. “I’m happy… both of you…”

“We’re fine,” Maimi said, and reached over to stroke the visible part of Saki’s hair.
Omgass!

Question is though, is this the "old" Captain, or the one that appeared after having the hidden powers awakened?

Saki looked into Maimi’s eyes for a long moment. Maimi felt something cold within her throat. The girl’s quietness was bothering her. “You’re in the Trauma-Neuro Intensive Care Unit,” Maimi explained to her slowly. “Whoever beat on you wasn’t playing around, and when we saw you were unconscious and the blood in your hair…”

“Natsuyaki,” Saki breathed in a stronger voice, making Maimi blink.
As if Maimi didn't have enough reason to dislike Miyabi.  :shocked:

Saki took a couple breaths as if trying to regain air to talk, and eventually spoke her longest yet, “If everyone made it… we should return to our original plan… I need…” She seemed to try to lift the side of her body closest to Maimi and Ai, and Maimi reached out reflexively to support her. It fell back to the bed though after she was able to barely move it even a centimeter. Just that seemed to completely exert her though, as her breathing quickened as she continued, “I need… water…”

Maimi nodded, and reached for the glass that stood on the bedside table. The doctors hadn’t expected her to wake yet, but the water was always kept there just in case. However, before she could take the glass, it rose seemingly of its own accord and, as she stared stunned, floated slowly off the table and toward the bed, all the way across Saki before coming to rest in a hand she’d somehow managed to outstretch to catch it. Before the gaping looks of Maimi and Ai she lowered the glass to her mouth, and raised her head slightly to take a long drink before offering the glass back to Maimi, who jerked to take it from her after not being able to respond at first.

“Ahh,” Saki said, letting her head rest again and her hand fall back to her side. “Much better.” Her voice was much stronger now.
Oh crap...now she's got telekinesis.
:scared:

*THE CIRCLE TALKS WITH THE HOSPITAL DIRECTOR*
Oh shit...now they're going to use political connections to further their agenda.
:mon scare:

Maimi almost laughed again at how ridiculous the notion was that they had access to and veritably controlled such high level government offices. She knew Saki’s powers better than anyone of course, but even she was amazed at how easily she made it for them to infiltrate the top of the nation’s ruling elite.
Disconcerting as it is, it's still quite impressive.

Somehow her powers had only increased after what happened to her in the battle, and for some reason, despite floating cups and doors opening by themselves, what impressed Maimi most about it was that by now the girl did not carry even a single scar as a reminder of it. If her power was so great that she could even heal herself only by willing it with her mind…
Well, is she really healed, or is Captain just altering people's perceptions of her into thinking/seeing her as healed?

It’s just too bad she can't use that ability on others… Maimi thought as she passed a grim-faced, still-scarred Tsugunaga who was standing guard at the entrance to the office they had taken as their base. Maimi almost drew back in revulsion. That was one girl who would no longer be able to … She shivered. She couldn’t even think of it anymore.
This makes me think even more that it might be Captain's mind tricks that are doing it, and that she's leaving Momo-chan's appearance as it is as some sort of punishment for her defeat in the battle.

After infiltrating several ministries and some members of the Upper House, they finally gained access to the Prime Minister and his retinue. Before long, they learned of this secretive organization formed by the previous Prime Minister called “Central”, which was said to be a version of the American CIA, but with a national authority surpassing it and an importance such that even its existence had not been revealed to the public. In other words, it was a perfect base for the Circle’s new leadership until they could announce themselves publicly.
Ruling from the shadows...how cryptic, yet not really surprising, considering how they were at the school.

Ai sighed, finally looking up. “You know I’d still feel better if you at least took some agents to watch your back. Yamato-san has eagerly offered as many of his men as we’d like for that.” She became thoughtful a moment and gave a quick glance to Saki.

“Sure,” Maimi responded. “Tell Yamato-san to get whoever he thinks appropriate together – I want only the best of course if my life is in their hands – and they can follow me around however they like. I just don’t wanna see them. The idea still creeps me out.”
Ah, so this takes place before the time when Maimi sees Airi in her hime-outfit and they have their little snog (I've always wanted to say that :P).

“I think…” She hesitated, evaluating her words before uttering them. “I think it’s time I move on. I’ve been obsessed with her for too long, and it was driving me crazy.
Some might say she was already like that before she started obsessing about Airi, though we don't really know how long she's felt that way about her.

“So yeah,” Maimi said finally. “Moving on.”

Maimi pondered, still staring at the door and starting to curl a finger in her hair. “I could always try asking Saki out.

“It wouldn’t be a bad idea for someone to get under her skin a bit and actually find out what she’s thinking,” Maimi continued, now in a more serious voice. “At least I don’t have any idea what’s really going on in there anymore…” she said, fading away into a question she didn’t need to ask.
Oh, Maimi's feeling left out. :(

Their conversation flow was broken as the door swung open and there was a sound of shuffling feet. Maimi closed her eyes and laid her head back. Only two people would rush into this office like that. “Gaki-san, Kumai-chan. There is such a thing as knocking, you know…”

“The Skulls,” Kumai burst out.

Maimi’s eyes snapped open.

“From the Attorney General,” Risa continued. “Shimizu-san just met with him. He said…” She exchanged glances with Kumai, the two now earning the rapt attention of both Circle members. “They were arrested with a charge of causing the… the Seishin massacre,” she said, and Maimi tensed at hearing that their deeds had reached a broader, and by the sound of it obviously more public, audience. “They were taken to a holding prison, but…” She exchanged a glance with Kumai again, who finished for her.

“But they escaped.”
Damn, they really do have high-up connections now.  :-X

“Why didn’t Saki come tell us all this herself?” Ai questioned her two most loyal companions.

Kumai lowered her head as if unable to respond, and Risa managed in a low voice, “She was upset with the man for not telling us sooner…” The room fell silent, everyone realizing there was no need to say more.
Looks like we're going to need a new Attorney General.
 :badluck:

Maimi though continued staring at the two girls who increasingly seemed to become uncomfortable under her scrutiny, before breaking suddenly into a smile and turning to Ai as a third figure slipped quietly into the room. “I’ll tell you what I’m going to do,” she said. “I’m going to go shopping!” Everyone in the room stared at her, except for the newcomer who of course had no idea what was going on.

“Yuuka-chan, would you like to come with me?” she asked the girl. “I take it our shadows are ready anytime?” The girl nodded, wide-eyed at Maimi’s offer but obviously unable to refuse. “Good!” Maimi said, and taking her arm, headed for the door.

“Maimi!” Ai called after her, but they were already down the stairs.
:mon huh2:

As the two were walking quickly toward the shop, one a little reluctantly, something tugged at Maimi’s intuition from further down the road, and she looked that way, but all she could see were the masses of other shoppers and the cars rolling along the street. She hesitated a second when they were almost at the door, Yuuka seeming to think she might yet be saved from whatever horror she might have thought was happening to her.
Oh, here we go. She spotted Airi and Chisato, right?

After a few blocks she noticed she was entering an area with gaudier stores, and people walked around dressing in some of the most outlandish outfits. Two girls with completely different styles coming out of one of the stores caught her eye though and she froze. No… she thought. Not here. Not now…! I’m not ready yet to see you again
Yeah. Saying that she plans on getting over Airi is one thing. Actually doing it, however, is another.

*MAIMI-AIRI CONFRONTATION FROM MAIMI'S POV*

A few minutes later Maimi was running the blocks she’d come down just a short time ago, her emotions now a complete wreck and at least as bad as they were before Ai was gracious enough to try and help her along.

What did the damn girl do to me?!?! she repeated to herself. Of all the things she could have expected her to do, from trying to split her soul again to making the sun fall down on her, she couldn’t have imagined… But she hates me!!!
Well, so much for getting over her and moving on. :roll:

She vaguely noticed she was running past displays of Tsumori Chisato, and she heard a voice call out to her, one of the few that were not doing their best to keep a low profile to avoid whatever was happening from the direction she just come.

“Yajima-san!” Yuuka called, running out to her as she slowed to a stop, breathing heavily in her physical as well as emotional exertion. “What happened? Are you all right?” She looked carefully into Maimi’s face, who regarded her as well.

“But you’re cute too…” Maimi whispered indecipherably, and as the other girl’s look changed to one of confusion, she reached out and pulled her close just as Airi had done to her, kissing her hard.

After a moment she released the flustered young girl, who looked like she was in a daze. “Not the same…” she breathed again. “Why…?” she asked, nearly in tears once again. Was it possible…?

“M-Maimi…?” the other girl asked once again, the only thing she knew that for some strange, amazing reason, her hero had just graced her with her first… and such a wonderful… kiss.
Oy vey...
:dizzy:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Maimi_Yajima

• Member+
« Reply #182 on: June 15, 2008, 01:48:48 AM »
Another curious information in this chapter and the previous one.
Is that Maimi and Airi seemed to have the same thought in shopping!
We Purchase!
That part I did too much fun.
No doubt.
Shopping the two, inviting her friends.
Supposedly Maimi he did to relax a bit and moved from their thoughts to Airi.
And it did Airi to relax and forget the problems you have.
No doubt.
Maimi this in the fate of Airi.
And this Airi in the fate of Maimi.
So great that it is Japan.
And there are so many shops.
And Maimi and Airi match at the same location.
And both want to go at the same time to buy.
curious that this encounter.
The fate, destiny.
Thank you for putting Yuka Maeda in history.
It's too nice a girl and Kawai!

One issue that worries me.
If Airi hates to Maimi?
Airi because kiss to Maimi?
Yuka received a kiss of Maimi that cute!
Soon Battles broke already?
That frightens me !!!!!
I do not want anyone to die for my favorite!
AH! look forward to another meeting of Airi and Maimi!
I dream of seeing Airi jealous ..... hahaha
Do not delay too long to write the next chapter !!!!!!!!
Have all my batons!
Rokun Thanks!

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2008, 04:16:37 AM »
I can see Ai just sitting in this huge office at a huge desk, looking all powerful and hot! :inlove:
Yeah, that is a hot picture isn't it? XD Lol. Though you know that was completely not my intent when writing that scene. :P Each of the Circle and the Skulls just has her own personality when in a more relaxed situation like that... Reina with her laid back, lazy attitude (always lounging in a couch or something...), Ai with her more professional, business-like attitude, Maimi with... well... she's just kind of insane(-ly obsessive XD). That doesn't mean they stay the same way over the course of the story though of course...

I was rather surprised to see everyone so interested over Yuuka! I know she's the cutest thing ever, but didn't know she was so loved already. :) Look for her more in future chapters, though not in this upcoming one...

You guys also seem to have different theories of what's going on between Airi and Maimi, although I'll say that I don't think any of you quite have it yet... not that I've explained enough to make it clear. :) I mean, it was just a shocker at the end of the last two chapters after all. The one thing that is for sure is that Airi's acting very strangely. In fact, she's been acting that way ever since they broke out of prison and she took care of the bullets that were shot at her. Hmm... Soon you'll see she's not the only one that can deal with bullets though. ;) If you're curious, I'll explain how it happened too since Airi is so innocent but maybe not yet a genious. :) Each of the girls has very unique powers, but of course the Skulls have the coolest... (did I just reveal something I didn't mean to??? :o!) At the same time, you'll also see maybe another little glimpse of what's going on with Airi, although she's still being quite mysterious.

Maimi_Yajima, I like how you mentioned the coincidence of Maimi and Airi happening to meet up in Daikanyama. :lol: It does almost seem like... fate or something, no?

It seems most of you are still scared of Saki. Good. The next chapter shouldn't change anything along that line. ;) I think a lot of you are gonna be struck by what happens with her though. She does seem the most powerful, but should she be?

Next chapter coming soon. :)

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2008, 04:17:27 AM »
-WEDGES-

It's been a while Mister Wedge! o-o

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Circle of Three [23: Love and a Pretty Girl]
« Reply #185 on: June 22, 2008, 04:39:09 AM »
And here we go! Reading back through it I'm amazed how much has gotten into this chapter, even though it's not near my longest. There are just so many little things... I hope you enjoy the detail. :) Love, lore, action, pretty girls abound...

Chapter 23 – Love and a Pretty Girl

"Stop pouting like that, Miyakko," Reina scolded. "It doesn't suit you. And when did you start being so lame? I thought you were actually competition for me. And I wouldn’t believe you’d actually get this way over a girl too.”

“She’s not just a girl,” Miyabi mumbled angrily.

“Oh?” Reina responded, actually pulling herself up straight in the armchair. “Could have fooled me. She looks just like a little girl to me.”

“And what about you, great Captain?” Miyabi shot back. “What about you and her little friend? I’m sure that’s just a completely different situation?”

“It is!” Reina replied with a prickly voice. “I haven’t let myself become emotionally attached. I’m not the one sitting around here moping because I got ditched for shopping with friends.” She may have gone on, but the next thing she knew she was face flat on the cold stone floor.

Miyabi stood above her seething, with her fists at her sides, one of them throbbing with the force of impact, but in pain she hardly noticed. “Yeah?” she growled, admittedly maybe a little crazily. Well, Reina was quite good at pressing buttons, hers more than others’ it seemed. “And how’s that working out for you? If Airi hadn’t taken her away I bet she’d be all over you right now with not a thing you could do about it.”

Reina’s face turned up, and she held the back of her hand to a bleeding split lip. Despite that, a wide grin was blooming on her face. “Now that’s the Miyakko I know!” She climbed back up onto the recliner, opening her mouth slowly and carefully as if testing whether anything was broken. “As for that, I’m sure it’ll work itself out in time. We won’t be here forever.”

Miyabi continued staring in her riled state at the girl who was still working her jaw. If Okai was anything like her friend, which would be easy to believe, she wasn’t sure about Reina’s confidence that it would just “work itself out”. Plus, she was a Skull. Reina of all people should know by now not to underestimate one of their own.

“Speaking of which,” Miyabi said finally, spinning and un-tensing herself. “I hate that we’re just sitting here while who knows what’s going on outside. I mean, we haven’t even heard anything from the Circle since they ran away from Seishin.”

“Oh get over it. You just want to go out and stalk down Suzuki so you can pull her into some dark alley and have your way with her…”

Miyabi stared at Reina, her anger flaring again. “It’s not like that,” she growled through gritted teeth.

“Whatever,” Reina said lazily, but that was enough for Miyabi, and she stalked out of the room, slamming the thick wooden door behind her.

She really was getting some kind of cabin fever in here. Wandering through the hallways, she tried to remember where the front door was, not like she’d know where to go once she was outside anyway.

“Hey! I’ve been looking for you. Where are you—” Mari said as she passed her at one point in a crossing hall, but she paid no attention and quickly ducked around another corner. She wasn’t feeling too sociable at the moment.

Apparently lost in the ancient house, she was beginning to get frustrated when she walked through a doorway into a large room, where at the other end some other girls were entering… except these were not the Skulls she expected to find around here.

“Miyakko!” Koharu waved, and ran over to Miyabi to hug her tightly.

“What the…” Miyabi said under the attack, trying to keep her balance with her arms out at her sides.

“We were so worried when you were taken to that prison… That was really serious!” Koharu pulled back and looked up at her. “We just went home to our families, but…”

Recovering from the shock of getting hugged by her Skulls kouhai, Miyabi looked over her shoulder to focus on the other girls who had entered. It looked like all of the group that was left from before, with the two Chinese transfers and Sugaya at the head, the last girl still carrying that scary-looking flail over her shoulder.

“We thought you were gone for good!” Koharu said, almost tearing up. “You, the Captain and Okacchan are all I have… It wasn’t a pleasant experience at home…” She shuddered as if terrified at just the memory.

After exchanging a seconds-long glance with Risako, who at the end of it smiled for one of the few times since the battle, Miyabi focused back on the girl in front of herself. “What? Do you think a few bars would hold us? Do you have so little faith in your Skulls senpai?” She set her hands at her hips, looking as if she was scolding the girl, but despite it Koharu giggled.

“Of course!” she said gleefully. “I don’t know what I was thinking…”

The leaders of the rest made their way over to the two of them, and Junjun spoke in a serious voice, “There’s a nationwide manhunt on for the four of you, you know.”

“It was in all of the papers this morning!” Linlin followed in a perkier voice. “They’re calling it the Seishin Massacre…” she continued, abruptly more somber. Miyabi looked at the three of them. Only Sugaya stayed silent, a thoughtful expression on her face.

“Well we’ll just have to tell them the truth of it,” Miyabi said, still with her hands on her hips. “We can be quite persuasive, after all.”

“That you can,” stated Mari as she strode into the room smiling, flanked by Masae. The eyes of the older Nakazawa girls widened as they recognized the former Skull captain with her fiery-colored hair. “I wonder if you girls know you stand in the presence of royalty? Nay…” she corrected herself, peering intensely at Miyabi. “…divinity. Even if it may be divinity that doesn’t pay attention when her host is trying to tell her she has visitors.”

Not this again… Miyabi frowned, her face reddening slightly as well, and turned on the shorter girl. “Hey, I don’t want you to keep going on about that ridiculous myth of yours. Nobody in here is royalty, or a god for goodness sake! I can’t say I understand what’s happening to me, but I know what I’m not.”

“If you say so, Highness,” Mari said, with a slight hint at a smirk. Miyabi wondered if she could get away with slugging this woman too…

“And Miya, speak for yourself!” Koharu spoke up, beaming. “I’m going to be a princess some day after all!” Her eyes adopted a dreamy look. “All I have to do is marry the emperor’s son…”

Sugaya raised an eyebrow to Miyabi, and the two of them shared a soft laugh. “The day you do that, I’ll tell anyone I meet that I’m the Amaterasu’s daughter!” Miyabi teased at the girl. Some of the others joined in the laughing, but Mari and Masae didn’t.

For her part, Mari’s eyes seemed to shine as Miyabi looked into them. “Well you’d be close…” the woman pondered. “I’d guess you’re more a distant granddaughter of Tsukuyomi though…” Miyabi stared at her, and she wasn’t the only one. Did the girl think she was actually being serious?

“Speaking of which,” Mari continued. “Do you have any idea how you’ll claim your throne?” she asked, almost idly. “It looks like one of you has some initiative, but for the rest staying in here isn’t exactly going to get you anywhere… I know everyone loves my house, but after all it’s just a house.”

Miyabi stared at her a bit longer before turning away, taking a moment to look Sugaya up and down as she’s always enjoyed doing. The girl was much cleaner than she’d last seen her the morning after the battle. She wore an outfit nearly befitting the Skulls – baggy shorts with a shirt that even had some embroidered skulls in it. She also wore a cross pendant beneath her sleek baby curls. The only other girl she’d seen styling one of those was Reina.

She looked around at the others. They all appeared quite different actually. Junjun and Linlin both wore a rather formal plain blouse with a long skirt, looking nearly like professionals. Koharu’s outfit wasn’t too unlike Risako’s, but without the pendant. Instead, she touted a white bracelet set with skulls instead of beads. Her hair was knotted at the top before flaring straight down the back of her head.

Koharu apparently noticed her appraisal of them, because she smiled and said, “We thought that since we were your special forces now, we should have fully appropriate appearances too. Wearing black seifuku at Seishin was all and well… but you deserve something more.”

“Special forces?” Miyabi frowned. “What are you talking about?”

“Generals need an army,” Mari said quietly with a faint smile. She gave a brief scan of all the girls as well, from the ones in front to Nakazawa’s Kamei and Michishige and the younger ones in the back. Miyabi wondered how the younger ones were even able to come along. Didn’t they have concerned parents? “And even though it’s small, and quite young, many would be proud to have yours.” The collection of girls beamed at her words.

“Generals?” Miyabi said, still frowning. “If you keep trying to make us out to be celebrities like this I might start to believe it…” she grumbled.

“You are what you are,” Mari responded cryptically as the girls looked expectantly up to Miyabi. “My words are not that powerful.”

After grumbling something unintelligible, Miyabi brushed past Koharu and out a door in a side of the room away from the girls. Here she was just so happy to see them and… She sighed. Reina would have a field day with this.

Resigning herself to the fact that she wasn’t going to find the front door, she sat down in a loveseat that happened to be in the room she currently passed through and stared at the dizzying patterns of the Chinese woven rug below her feet. She tried following the twists and turns with her mind, a mind which had without her bidding opened up to things she could never before have imagined. After a minute the patterns seemed to meld together for her, and she felt like they were trying to tell her something… like they were a code that only she could decipher…

With her concentration, she hadn’t even noticed someone take the seat next to her. A clang finally brought her out of her semi-trance, and she looked up to see Sugaya calmly considering her, her sleeve falling back as she rested her chin upon it. As her wrist bared, Miyabi noticed she too had a similar bracelet as Koharu. Hers looked different though. More authentic… as if whoever picked it out had a deeper perspective on things than the one who chose Koharu’s.

Miyabi’s eyes flickered to the flail the girl had set on the floor at the foot of the couch as she pulled up her legs to hug them to herself, still peering at Miyabi. “Hello,” Miyabi said dumbly. Her eyes were drawn to Sugaya’s wrist. Her skin was most definitely too pale. It was actually creamy…

“Why don’t you like the idea of being a leader?” the younger girl asked.

“What?” Miyabi responded, feeling stupid.

“Why don’t you like the idea of being a leader?” Sugaya repeated, not sounding the least bit put off by having to do so.

Miyabi stared at her. She really didn’t know what to say. The girl had never really talked to her since… Well, she’d never really talked to her. She remembered running into her and Airi in the corridors sometimes before any of this ever happened, and the girl usually just blushed and ran away or hid so quickly that Miyabi didn’t even bother to try and beat her up – even though privately Miyabi thought her too pretty to beat up.

And then, since her and Airi had been together, the girl had avoided both of them at nearly all costs. She still seemed to have that shyness, except there was more thoughtfulness in it now. It got to the point where Miyabi began to suspect about her previous relationship with her friend. Airi of course was too innocent and honest ever to have had something like that happen though…

Still, since the battle it had been different. Miyabi of course didn’t know what all the girl had been through, but she knew she somehow obtained the weapon she now was hardly ever seen without. Idly she wondered if she dragged the whole thing home with her before coming here.

“Um…” she began, trying to think of something to make her not sound like the thug that was all most Seishin students gave her credit for. “I just don’t like blazing trails. I’m more comfortable letting someone else do the work of being creative, and then taking credit for it.” She finished with a lopsided smile at the slight joke.

“Is that why you’re not the Captain of the Skulls?” Sugaya asked calmly.

Miyabi’s face flushed. “That…” she began. “That’s totally not how it is at all! It’s ‘cause Reina’s older. She has the seniority. Plus she’s obviously not bad at it.”

“Oh,” Sugaya responded, looking forward and resting her head on her knees. “You just seem stronger sometimes, more composed. Tanaka-san seems insane half the time. Of course, I’m not a Skull so I suppose I don’t know your rules and ways…”

While she stared ahead, Miyabi looked carefully at the side of her face, and after a short silence between them asked, “You and Airi are like best friends, right? Why have you been so completely ignoring both of us lately? Someone finally snatch up your pretty little head and start telling you to keep away?”

Without looking over, Sugaya smiled mysteriously after a moment. “It doesn’t matter,” she responded.

“Sure it does!” Miyabi insisted. “I can’t have my girl’s best friend suddenly fall out of her life. She’s been through a lot lately and needs all the support she can get. Okacchan is trying, but…” She frowned again. “She has enough on her own plate.”

“Okacchan?” Sugaya asked, furrowing her brows. “Oh, you mean Chisa.” She set her chin back in her knees. “You’d be surprised at the resources that little girl can pull on.”

Miyabi almost cracked a laugh at that. “You’re calling her a little girl? You’re both second years, aren’t you?”

“We both were second years, yeah,” the girl responded. Miyabi was struck by her choice of words… in the past tense. “But you’ve actually looked at her, right?” she asked in mock disbelief. “The girl is a midget!”

Miyabi did laugh at that and grinned. “I guess I hadn’t noticed.” Then her grin faded in her stubbornness. “But you still haven’t answered my question.” This time Sugaya turned and gave her a long look.

“You have pretty eyes,” Miyabi blurted out, and immediately blushed. Apparently Sugaya did too.

“Uh… thanks,” she replied awkwardly, then looked up at the ceiling.

“Do you hate me?” Miyabi asked, serious again. “I’m sorry if I… stole Airi from you…”

Sugaya turned to look at her again before returning her eyes to the ceiling. “Do you remember the beginning of last year, when my class had just arrived for our first year?” Miyabi nodded. “You were mean to most of us. Called it our ‘initiation’.”

Miyabi smiled at the memory. “Yes, I remember that,” she said. “Flight of the First Years is what we like to call it. It’s an annual tradition.”

Sugaya gave her an exasperated look. “It wasn’t funny,” she said seriously, tilting over to knock her shoulder gently against Miyabi’s. "I was one of those first years you sent flying that time.”

“Really?” Miyabi pondered, scratching her chin. “I don’t remember… You sure there wasn’t another Sugaya there?”

“It was me,” the girl responded bitterly. “But the occasion did have quite an effect on me. Do you remember the times you ran into me for the rest of the year afterward?’

“Yeah,” Miyabi responded, certain of her recollection this time. “You were always with Airi, but always hiding behind her or running away from us…”

“From you,” Sugaya corrected, and Miyabi’s eyebrows drew down.

“Why from me?” she asked, confused. The Skulls were supposed to be equally feared. She of course knew she was something to be reckoned with on her own, but it was unusual for…

“Because I had a crush on you,” Sugaya said, carefully keeping her face forward, though Miyabi noticed a light blush come to her cheeks. Miyabi kept her mouth closed, not quite sure what to say. The girl turned to her, an earnest look in her eyes. “Because I like you… I think I may even love you.”

This time Miyabi turned away, trying to keep her own face from heating. The girl had felt like this for that long? Then why did she always run away from her? Surely it couldn’t be true, and in any case… “I’m with Airi,” she said, perhaps a bit more bluntly than she would have liked.

She heard a sigh from beside her. “Then you see why it doesn’t matter.” Suddenly, Sugaya quickly rose and grasped the handle of her weapon. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have told you. Like you said, she is my best friend.” With that she left, Miyabi not even looking up to see her go.

Seriously. Was this “let’s fuck with Miyabi” month? She has women bowing to her and calling her royalty. She found a girl she thought she might be able to love, but who she can’t understand for the life of her and has a power even more inscrutable that honestly scares her.

Then the girl she thought was perhaps the prettiest in the school before Airi said she might be in love with her… And to top it off, she has three insane former house heads with incredible powers that want to take over the world loose and who knows where. Not to mention her own powers, even though she thought she was beginning to understand them at least.

Through all of that, she searched with her mind for the only one she completely trusted to turn to.

Airi… where are you?

“What’s the matter, Osuzu?” Chisato asked, giving Airi a concerned look, even though her face had been nearly permanently set that way since they met up after she bought her new clothes.

Airi stared into the distance at something that wasn’t there. She thought she heard something, a voice in her head, but it was faint. It sounded almost desperate though…

“It’s nothing,” she said, and walked on, pulling her friend with her. Chisato hadn’t dared to let go of her hand since Daikanyama.

“I’m worried about you…” Chisato said slowly, looking up at her from time to time as they walked the remaining distance from the station to Mari’s house. Huge structures that looked forbidding with their wrought iron gates and generally high hedges loomed around them in the fading light.

Airi pondered as she walked. Her parents would never let her walk around the city alone this late at night. Her parents… she wondered if they knew how she was doing. They must be terribly frightened after hearing in all the papers today about their escape from the prison. She could almost hear her mother being interviewed by the police.

“But I don’t know how she could have done something like that, officer! She’s such a good child, with only the best grades. She would never…! It must be those friends of hers,” she’d say with a tight face. “I don’t know why that school ever let them stay, and now we’re seeing why. They’re corrupting such a good, innocent…”

After all that happened, Airi wondered how innocent she really was. Surely she couldn’t be anymore. She raised her white-gloved hands. She swore she could almost see an illusion of blood soaking through the pure fabric. Suddenly, she nearly tore the gloves off and stuffed them into the bag in which she carried her old clothes. She had no business wearing something so pure. The memory of the kiss she’d just shared with her sworn enemy, and how hot and excited she’d felt during it, flashed hard in her mind. No business at all.

She felt a hand tighten on hers, and although she didn’t say anything, Airi turned to notice that Chisato’s expression seemed to be evolving into ever more serious worry. Presently she smiled and reached her hand over to tap the one that held her other comfortingly. “I’m all right. Really.” She looked ahead again.

“I think we’re almost there. That’s it, isn’t it?” she said, pointing to a house that was set a bit further back from the others, seemingly as if trying to hide itself among all the trees shielding it.

“Yeah,” Chisato responded, looking at it too. “What... are you going to do when you get back?”

“Hmm, I thought I might have dinner. It’s a bit late, but I’m starving.” Her friend nodded as they pushed a button and entered the gate as it opened for them.

A few minutes later they walked into a large sitting room that seemed just full of people. Chisato cried out and released Airi’s hand to run over to Risako, smiling and hugging her. Airi smiled too. She was glad, despite all else that happened, that her two friends had become closer throughout it all.

She looked around at the assembly. It seemed everyone was there, and no few of them were staring at her new outfit. Some even burst into random, awkward giggling before thinking better of it. Then one burst out of the crowd, and Airi felt glued to her spot as the girl, seeming to somehow suddenly have quite a remarkable presence, marched up to her. A second later, she was being squeezed tightly and kissed for all she was worth.

She had a hard time returning to the real world, but eventually she could hear enough to know some of the other girls were cheering and whooping at the display. Eventually she was released, which she was grateful for since she had almost completely lost her breath, and Miyabi held her eyes firmly and strongly.

“Don’t ever do that again…” the girl told her in a low voice, but one that was also unbelievably warm and loving.

Airi tried to look away, but for some reason couldn’t. It was like a spell had been cast on her. “Do what…?” she breathed, in what she decided had to be barely audible.

“Leave me,” Miyabi responded, and Airi felt something squeeze within her chest.

“I…” she said, and she somehow wiggled herself out of Miyabi’s grasp and walked a few steps away.

“So the prodigal goddess has returned!” came a voice from across the room, and Airi turned slightly to see Mari sauntering in. She had to look past Miyabi to see her, who seemed to have eyes for no one but her. She cast a glance off to the side at her friends, and Chisato was babbling excitedly, if unsmilingly, while Risako just listened quietly with her head bowed, not seeming to want to see anyone. Airi sighed internally. She’d thought the girl had come out of her shell somewhat since the battle too.

“Now that you’re all together, you can decide what to…” Mari began. “…What on earth are you wearing, Suzuki-san?”

Airi turned to the woman who owned the house she’d invaded. “Don’t you like it?” she asked, spinning to show how the dress flared. “I look quite the part of the Princess now, don’t I? I even had gloves, but I took them off…”

She saw Miyabi blink too as if she just now realized what Airi wore. Then her face flushed. “Oh my god, I must look like a pedo…” she mumbled under her breath, but loud enough for Airi to hear. Airi smiled. Well, at least perhaps the girl wouldn’t be kissing her like that anytime too soon again. She wasn’t sure if she could handle any more of...

Mari continued staring for a moment before adopting an expression of wonder. “So you do,” she said with a grin, and turned to Miyabi, as well as Reina, who Airi noticed was just now also loping out of the crowd to join them. Airi frowned. She wished she could do something about that leg, but knew that it wasn’t within her capabilities.

Mari bowed to her. The woman actually bowed…! Then she continued on as if the Princess was being obstinate. “Is there anything you wish for? I’m glad to see you didn’t seem to run into any trouble while you were out. After the papers today… Well, it seems they’re quite intent on finding you.”

“I wouldn’t say there was no trouble…” Airi said, stepping to a couch to drop her bag next to it, smiling at the slightly older girls who sat there. Konatsu blushed, but Maasa and Anri smiled back as if thrilled to see her again. “We did run into Maimi.”

It was like she’d just let a viper loose into the room.

“Yajima?!?!” Miyabi shouted out suddenly, and she ran to a window to look outside. It was too bad she wasn’t likely to see much through the trees.

“They’re in Tokyo?!” Kamei cried, and Michishige clutched tightly at her arm. Junjun and Linlin hurried over to join Miyabi at the window.

“You don’t think they followed us, do you?” Junjun asked, in a surprisingly dignified voice.

“They couldn’t have!” Linlin protested. “I was as careful as I could be.”

Erina cowered along with Michishige and Kamei also, and even Reina’s eyes sharpened as she straightened up, her sore leg seeming forgotten for the moment.

“Guys!” Chisato yelled, trying to calm a suddenly very alert Risako, as well as her sister and Mai who were nearly clinging to the two of them. “We saw them in Shibuya. I’m sure they’re nowhere near…”

Suddenly the house shook, and through the ensuing screams Airi forgot everything else as well and ran to the window.

“I was so stupid,” Miyabi spat, scolding herself harshly. “I thought we were safe here, so I let my guard down again.”

“What is it?” Linlin asked, just to her side.

“There’s someone here,” Miyabi said, concentrating. “I can’t tell who yet, but we’re surrounded, so it’s not just the three of them.”

“It wouldn’t be,” Airi said finally, and everyone turned to her. Her eyes widened as she looked around at all the expectant faces. “They’re different now. They have… power.”

“We know they have power,” Reina said, joining them. “That’s the whole problem.”

Airi shook her head. “That’s not what I mean. They…”

“Look!” came a shout from across the room. Some type of strange smoke was beginning to drift through the doorway. The Nakazawa girls, who were closest to it, ran quickly away still hugging each other tightly, and took refuge behind Mari and others who had just arrived. It looked like the house was being put on alert.

“It’s tear gas!” Mari yelled out. “We need to get out of here!”

“Oh they’re not going to make us go where they want us to like good little sheep while I have anything to say about it...” Reina growled, and she stepped toward the gas, her arms tensing at her sides.

Airi felt a breeze, and suddenly the window behind them flew open, provoking a sharp yelp from Linlin which oddly itself elicited a reprimanding look from her Chinese friend. The trees outside began to sway with a sudden strong wind, and the next thing Airi knew she was having to hold her ground as it blew into the house past them and around Reina, pushing the gas back through the doorway.

Barely had the gas gone though before men in black armor and gas masks started appearing in the adjacent room, each carrying a wicked-looking firearm. Someone screamed again, and when they noticed the girls through the wind that was nearly knocking them back, they leveled the guns at them.

“What the…” Reina said as she stared out at six guns that were now pointed straight at her.

“I was trying to tell you!” Airi said. “They don’t need to do everything themselves now! Somehow they’ve infiltrated the police… or the army… and have them on their side!”

“She’s right,” Miyabi said soberly. “This isn’t a bunch of schoolgirls. It’s the Special Assault Team.”

“This could be bad,” Junjun said in a low voice that Airi could hardly hear over the wind, which had only strengthened even further. She could tell that the sky outside was blackening as well – her Sun was shrouded over, and it saddened her.

In the space of barely a second it felt as if a typhoon was blowing in on them. The curtains whipped around the girls who remained at the window, and anything loose flew across the floors and slammed into walls.

“So this is how it’s gonna be, huh?” Reina said in an even voice, still staring down the armed men, which were doing their best to creep against the wind toward her.

“Fire at will!” they heard a voice say from beyond the men, and the air was filled with the sound of discharged bullets.

“Reina!!!” Airi heard Chisato yell, and she broke from Risako to launch herself toward her Captain.

No, you idiot! Airi thought as her eyes widened at the girl’s action, and she dove to intercept her. However, halfway through her leap it felt like the world exploded, and she went deaf as her ears rang, blind as light flashed through her vision. She thought she screamed, but she couldn’t hear it, and then finally she felt herself come into contact with her target, and she and Chisato fell to the floor in a tangle.

When they were able to start feeling something again, the room was full of smoke that was quickly blowing out through the doorway and what was now a gaping hole in the wall of the room it gave access to… and where the men had been. Airi had her arms tightly wrapped around her friend, but Chisato was doing her best to push forward, mumbling, “Reina… Reina…”

When they looked up though, they saw the Captain standing in the same spot she’d been in, with not a scratch on her, and staring grimly at the hole. Oddly, clanging came to their throbbing ears as bullets fell from apparently the ceiling of that room down onto the floor.

“What…” Chisato said, her jaw dropping. “What just happened?”

“I’m sorry about your house, Mari,” Reina said. Airi looked up at her. It felt like her skin prickled as she appraised the girl, as if she could feel the power emanating from her. She smiled. It seemed her sister awoke at last.

Mari looked around, wide-eyed herself, as she rose from what was apparently a crouching position. Masae and the other adult Skulls did the same behind her. “Er… It’s okay…” she said. “I’m just glad you’re… all right.”

Chisato was still staring at Reina, and Airi thought she detected some fear in the girl’s face, but she was quickly pulled away from her friend.

“Are you okay?” Miyabi asked, scrutinizing Airi as she held her shoulders tightly. “I saw you dive, and I couldn’t react myself before…”

Airi looked down at herself. Her new dress was torn, and covered in spots with dust. Her heart sank. “My dress…”

Miyabi pulled her into a hug and stroked her hair. “Don’t worry about the dress. I’m just glad you’re all right. You can’t be replaced…” She spoke in a very hard voice, as if she had just almost needed to face that very situation.

“Miya…” Airi said into her shoulder. “We need to talk…”

Then suddenly Miyabi pulled back, and darted a hawk gaze to Reina. “There are more of them out there. You may have… taken care of those men, but you can’t imagine how many there are. I don’t know how they managed to do it, but they’re never going to stop coming. They’re never going to—”

Breaking off abruptly, her eyes flashed to the hole Reina still stared at, and she stepped forward to Airi’s side, an arm still tightly around her waist.

“Miya…” Airi repeated, her voice becoming more pleading. The girl’s arm felt like fire around her body.

She became completely distracted though as two girls appeared in the other room, making their way slowly across the littered floor. Reina’s fists tightened to where her veins began popping out.

“I must say…” Ai Takahashi said, looking all around her as if it was a fascinating research project. No longer in teenage fashion such as the seifuku Airi had gotten so used to seeing them all in, the girl’s outfit was black and armored at least as much as the men who had approached them before. However, she held no weapon. She ran a bare finger down a wall and looked curiously at the soot it had picked up. “You’ve done quite a good job with the place.” Her eyes rose to Reina’s.

Airi though had eyes only for the girl with her, who was staring back at her with just as much intensity and focus. Maimi hadn’t seemed to bother with the armor, and instead still wore the red suit from Shibuya. She took a few steps past Takahashi and toward Airi, but Miyabi lurched forward as well and the girl froze, stunned, and darted her gaze to the one threatening her.

“You stay away from us!” Miyabi shouted at her, and Maimi broke into a smile.

She looked like she was about to say something before Takahashi came up and laid a hand on her shoulder. “Now, now,” she said lightly, and with her smile it seemed almost cheerily too. “No need to become impetuous and provocative…” She turned her gaze on Miyabi too, and the smile faded slightly. “…yet.” Two more armored men crept up behind them, crouched low, swinging their rifles to point once more at Reina.

“You’re right!” Reina shouted to her, the wind still blowing her hair out around her face. However, any dust it picked up and hurtled toward the two Circle members mysteriously flew to the side as it reached them. “I have done quite a good job! I’m surprised you dare come back to see me after I kicked your pretty little ass halfway across Seishin!”

Takahashi’s face darkened slightly, and her grip on Maimi’s shoulder tightened. “If I remember right you arrogant bitch, that’s not exactly how it went down.” She cut her free hand through the air before her, and a sharp counterwind flashed out from it and toward Reina, knocking her legs out from under her and making her stumble to the ground, her hand reflexively going to her injured knee. “I see my reminder is even still there.”

“If it went so well, then where’s your friend?!” Miyabi shouted at her, stepping forward and away from Airi. Both sets of Circle eyes snapped toward her.

“We know you were the one!” Maimi shouted, pointing at her. “And I swear I’ll kill you for what you did to her!”

Miyabi smirked. “I’d like to see you try. When I’m finished with you, you’ll be in even worse shape than she was…”

“Miya…” Airi almost whined now, reaching forward to tug on her sleeve.

“Not now, Airi,” she responded over her shoulder. “I’m going to give both of them what they deserve after what they’ve done to us.”

“But…”

Miyabi broke from her grasp and started forward as if she would literally hurtle herself at the two of them, but Airi dove quicker and caught her feet, making her fall flat and hard to the ground before the doorway. They heard laughter coming from the direction of the remaining Circle members.

“Airi, what the hell!” Miyabi shouted back at her, twisting her head which Airi saw now sported bruised cheeks and a cut chin.

“I can’t let you hurt Maimi…” Airi said quietly, feeling as if she was going to cry. This wasn’t how it was supposed to happen… Miyabi needed to know that she still loved her…

“But it’s just the two of them!” Miyabi shouted, seeming to miss Airi’s point in her rage. “Let me finish this so I can protect you!”

“Just the two of us?” they heard Takahashi say bemusedly.

“Yeah!” Reina shouted at her, having returned to her feet, if slightly wobbly on her seemingly re-injured leg. “Miya and I can take you both! We’ve done it before. And somehow…” She grinned, straightening up once again, the wind coming in from outside now swirling around her as if she stood in the middle of a tornado. “I feel stronger than ever.”

“Do you?” came a quiet voice from nowhere. Saki stepped out of the shadows at the edge of the hole behind the others in plain khaki shorts and a t-shirt, serving a stark contrast to the heavily accoutered other members of the Circle of Three.

“I hear you were wondering about me,” she continued, and when Airi moved her eyes to try looking into the girl’s face, their focus fled and she fainted, screams resounding in her head as she lost all concept of the world around her.

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2008, 05:37:54 AM »
Damn, I bow down to your attention to detail! I laughed when Reina asked Miya when she became so lame and the "let's fuck with Miyabi" month comment had me literally LOLing! The whole myth thing Mari keeps on talking about is weird. And the fact that Risako had a crush on Miya is frankly appalling. I'm feeling rather uneasy at the whole issue with Airi, Miya, Risako and Maimi. I want them to just go back to the way they were. I like Airi and Miya. Reina finally got her full powers (I think). Pretty awesome, if you ask me. She can keep everyone safe, kinda. And awww at Chisa getting worried about Reina. The Circle finally came and found them, huh? Well, this oughta be good. Captain scares me. :(
This story just keeps on getting better and better! I'm scared and excited at the same time.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #187 on: June 22, 2008, 06:07:13 AM »
The Risako/Miya thing I wasn't expecting, well I think everybody could sense that Risako might have a crush on her, which was confirmed.  The whole 'in love" thing I wouldn't have thought, and I thought it was a cute confession from Risako.  Lol, I wish I could see a visual of  this "Flight of the First Years" XD

Again, MiyaRii is cute, but Miya has Airi, the important one(to her) at this time.

This upcoming scene seems like one were something is going to be revealed, like the Maimi Airi kiss.   I'm dying to read the next chapter now

"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Loser87

« Reply #188 on: June 22, 2008, 07:34:37 AM »
pleaassee, you had to expect the Risako/Miyabi thing happening...
Unless you overlooked some of the details..

I kinda' figured Risako's crush on Miyabi but I didn't expect the love confession ;P

But in all honest I heart the rii/miya scen the most~

Its beautiful...in that quiet, melancholic way~

Offline Grisours

• Koi no Mega Lover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • =3
« Reply #189 on: June 22, 2008, 07:40:20 AM »
Yep, there's a lot of things to comment in this chapter. I might even forget some  :doh:
So now we know who's Risako's crush between Airi and Miya. And that just added to the mess: Risako might love Miya, and Miya might love Airi, and Airi kissed Maimi, and Maimi's obsessed with Airi... yeah, it's something like that  XD
But I was thinking... If Airi's power is some sort of "reflection" of Maimi's power, maybe the feelings she get when she kisses Maimi are related to that. That's just a theory, of course... If it is right, Reina/Ai and Miya/Saki would react the same way.
The situation at the end of the chapter looks pretty bad for the Skulls. They are stuck in a room, full of their defenseless (?) friends, with Airi not wanting to fight because of Maimi and with an Assault Team helping the Circle. At least Reina's powers have awoken, but Saki also appeared and is still acting scary as ever.
So... guess we'll know what happens in the next chapter, so I'm looking forward (as usual) to it!
 :cow:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 05:11:17 AM by Grisours »

Offline Maimi_Yajima

• Member+
« Reply #190 on: June 22, 2008, 06:55:52 PM »
and Airi kissed Maimi, and Maimi's obsessed with Airi... yeah, it's something like that  XD
Maimi is no longer obsessed with Airi.
In the previous chapters Maimi said that if felt to obsession by Airi, but that became  love.
That means that it is no longer obsession. But ...
Maimi tries to forget Airi
 Yuka Kawai is a girl but I think it will remind  to Maimi to Airi.
Since she seemed a little in the face of Yuka to that of Airi and Momoko.
Maimi feels by Airi is pure.
Well that's what I suppose.

Maimi and Miyabi have too many clashes, friction and indifference from the outset.
Takahashi and Tanaka also have too much indifference.

Maimi this learning to control your character !!!!!!!
incredible! Thank God!
It was about time!

Yuka! Yes! This girl is extremely Kawai!
I hope you have more participation.
If Airi sees  to Maimi accompanied by Yuka.
Airi will be jealous! and that I want to see it!
It is my great dream!
Airi see a jealous!
and also see the fighting and the mysteries!

Airi, Takahashi and Yajima is a great mystery.
They too three captivate my attention!

Yajima?!?!” Miyabi shouted out suddenly, and she ran to a window to look outside. It was too bad she wasn’t likely to see much through the trees.

Miyabi hates to Maimi.
This scientifically proven!

“But…”

Miyabi broke from her grasp and started forward as if she would literally hurtle herself at the two of them, but Airi dove quicker and caught her feet, making her fall flat and hard to the ground before the doorway. They heard laughter coming from the direction of the remaining Circle members.

“Airi, what the hell!” Miyabi shouted back at her, twisting her head which Airi saw now sported bruised cheeks and a cut chin.

“I can’t let you hurt Maimi…” Airi said quietly, feeling as if she was going to cry. This wasn’t how it was supposed to happen… Miyabi needed to know that she still loved her…

Airi if you feel love for Maimi!
I love this part!

“Do you?” came a quiet voice from nowhere. Saki stepped out of the shadows at the edge of the hole behind the others in plain khaki shorts and a t-shirt, serving a stark contrast to the heavily accoutered other members of the Circle of Three.

“I hear you were wondering about me,” she continued, and when Airi moved her eyes to try looking into the girl’s face, their focus fled and she fainted, screams resounding in her head as she lost all concept of the world around her.
The Love!

:twisted: :twisted:Saki!
That fear!
everything is what it takes too seriously.

Next Chapter Please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE DO NOT punish!
Because all writers of history are this cruel?
MAS when something becomes interesting and captivating!
please do not delay!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 07:02:12 PM by Maimi_Yajima »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #191 on: June 25, 2008, 03:40:40 AM »
"Stop pouting like that, Miyakko," Reina scolded. "It doesn't suit you. And when did you start being so lame? I thought you were actually competition for me. And I wouldn’t believe you’d actually get this way over a girl too.”

“She’s not just a girl,” Miyabi mumbled angrily.
Awwwwwwwwwwwww...she misses Airi.  :oops:

“Speaking of which,” Miyabi said finally, spinning and un-tensing herself. “I hate that we’re just sitting here while who knows what’s going on outside. I mean, we haven’t even heard anything from the Circle since they ran away from Seishin.”
Yeah, having to deal with them is bad enough, but at least then they'd be aware of what they were up to. Being kept in the dark is even worse.

“Oh get over it. You just want to go out and stalk down Suzuki so you can pull her into some dark alley and have your way with her…”

Miyabi stared at Reina, her anger flaring again. “It’s not like that,” she growled through gritted teeth.
What's wrong with that? :P

“Miyakko!” Koharu waved, and ran over to Miyabi to hug her tightly.

“What the…” Miyabi said under the attack, trying to keep her balance with her arms out at her sides.

“We were so worried when you were taken to that prison… That was really serious!” Koharu pulled back and looked up at her. “We just went home to our families, but…”

Recovering from the shock of getting hugged by her Skulls kouhai, Miyabi looked over her shoulder to focus on the other girls who had entered. It looked like all of the group that was left from before, with the two Chinese transfers and Sugaya at the head, the last girl still carrying that scary-looking flail over her shoulder.
Ah, so they've only just arrived? Makes you curious as to how they found the place, and how they convinced their folks to let them go.

LULZ Socko still has the weapon. :lol:

Junjun spoke in a serious voice, “There’s a nationwide manhunt on for the four of you, you know.”

“It was in all of the papers this morning!” Linlin followed in a perkier voice. “They’re calling it the Seishin Massacre…” she continued, abruptly more somber. Miyabi looked at the three of them. Only Sugaya stayed silent, a thoughtful expression on her face.

“Well we’ll just have to tell them the truth of it,” Miyabi said, still with her hands on her hips. “We can be quite persuasive, after all.”
They'll have to find someone though, who'll actually listen to them. Given the rep that the Skulls have it's not going to be easy to do that.

“That you can,” stated Mari as she strode into the room smiling, flanked by Masae. The eyes of the older Nakazawa girls widened as they recognized the former Skull captain with her fiery-colored hair. “I wonder if you girls know you stand in the presence of royalty? Nay…” she corrected herself, peering intensely at Miyabi. “…divinity. Even if it may be divinity that doesn’t pay attention when her host is trying to tell her she has visitors.”

Not this again… Miyabi frowned, her face reddening slightly as well, and turned on the shorter girl. “Hey, I don’t want you to keep going on about that ridiculous myth of yours. Nobody in here is royalty, or a god for goodness sake! I can’t say I understand what’s happening to me, but I know what I’m not.”

“If you say so, Highness,” Mari said, with a slight hint at a smirk.
Yeah, if they do find someone who'll listen, they probably should keep Mari hidden somewhere else so that she doesn't say something about the whole "divinity" thing. Trying to get credibility will be hard enough without someone proclaiming that The Skulls are descended from royalty/the rightful heirs to rule the land/yadda yadda yadda.

“And Miya, speak for yourself!” Koharu spoke up, beaming. “I’m going to be a princess some day after all!” Her eyes adopted a dreamy look. “All I have to do is marry the emperor’s son…”

Sugaya raised an eyebrow to Miyabi, and the two of them shared a soft laugh. “The day you do that, I’ll tell anyone I meet that I’m the Amaterasu’s daughter!” Miyabi teased at the girl.
:mon lol:

“Speaking of which,” Mari continued. “Do you have any idea how you’ll claim your throne?” she asked, almost idly.
Okay, Mari needs to focus and think about priorities. The FIRST thing they need to do is find The Circle, find out what they're up to and stop/take care of it.  Her behaviour regarding this whole royalty thing is starting to sound creepy.

“Generals need an army,” Mari said quietly with a faint smile. She gave a brief scan of all the girls as well, from the ones in front to Nakazawa’s Kamei and Michishige and the younger ones in the back. Miyabi wondered how the younger ones were even able to come along. Didn’t they have concerned parents? “And even though it’s small, and quite young, many would be proud to have yours.” The collection of girls beamed at her words.
Oh boy...army talk? Not encouraging. After all, they're just kids.

Nice to see that Miyabi shares my concern about their parents. One would think that they (the parents) would have grounded them for associating with The Skulls or gotten overly protective and kept watch over them 24/7.

A clang finally brought her out of her semi-trance, and she looked up to see Sugaya calmly considering her, her sleeve falling back as she rested her chin upon it. As her wrist bared, Miyabi noticed she too had a similar bracelet as Koharu. Hers looked different though. More authentic… as if whoever picked it out had a deeper perspective on things than the one who chose Koharu’s.

Miyabi’s eyes flickered to the flail the girl had set on the floor at the foot of the couch as she pulled up her legs to hug them to herself, still peering at Miyabi. “Hello,” Miyabi said dumbly. Her eyes were drawn to Sugaya’s wrist. Her skin was most definitely too pale. It was actually creamy…
Oh my, potential raburabu twists!

“Is that why you’re not the Captain of the Skulls?” Sugaya asked calmly.

Miyabi’s face flushed. “That…” she began. “That’s totally not how it is at all! It’s ‘cause Reina’s older. She has the seniority. Plus she’s obviously not bad at it.”

“Oh,” Sugaya responded, looking forward and resting her head on her knees. “You just seem stronger sometimes, more composed. Tanaka-san seems insane half the time.
Interesting observation there Socko, and not entirely untrue at that.

Do you remember the times you ran into me for the rest of the year afterward?’

“Yeah,” Miyabi responded, certain of her recollection this time. “You were always with Airi, but always hiding behind her or running away from us…”

“From you,” Sugaya corrected, and Miyabi’s eyebrows drew down.

“Why from me?” she asked, confused. The Skulls were supposed to be equally feared. She of course knew she was something to be reckoned with on her own, but it was unusual for…

“Because I like you… I think I may even love you.”
I CALLED IT!!! TWISTS! :o

Shit, it must be like hell for Socko to see MiyAiri together. :cry:

Then the girl she thought was perhaps the prettiest in the school before Airi said she might be in love with her…
Miyabi thought that about Socko?

Really? :O

Airi wondered how innocent she really was. Surely she couldn’t be anymore. She raised her white-gloved hands. She swore she could almost see an illusion of blood soaking through the pure fabric. Suddenly, she nearly tore the gloves off and stuffed them into the bag in which she carried her old clothes. She had no business wearing something so pure. The memory of the kiss she’d just shared with her sworn enemy, and how hot and excited she’d felt during it, flashed hard in her mind. No business at all.
Oh boy... is she going to keep this a secret or will she tell Miyabi about it?  :sweatdrop:

She looked around at the assembly. It seemed everyone was there, and no few of them were staring at her new outfit. Some even burst into random, awkward giggling before thinking better of it. Then one burst out of the crowd, and Airi felt glued to her spot as the girl, seeming to somehow suddenly have quite a remarkable presence, marched up to her. A second later, she was being squeezed tightly and kissed for all she was worth.

She had a hard time returning to the real world, but eventually she could hear enough to know some of the other girls were cheering and whooping at the display. Eventually she was released, which she was grateful for since she had almost completely lost her breath, and Miyabi held her eyes firmly and strongly.

“Don’t ever do that again…” the girl told her in a low voice, but one that was also unbelievably warm and loving.

Airi tried to look away, but for some reason couldn’t. It was like a spell had been cast on her. “Do what…?” she breathed, in what she decided had to be barely audible.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah...definitely going to need to keep an eye on these two.

She cast a glance off to the side at her friends, and Chisato was babbling excitedly, if unsmilingly, while Risako just listened quietly with her head bowed, not seeming to want to see anyone. Airi sighed internally. She’d thought the girl had come out of her shell somewhat since the battle too.
Hmmm...Socko obviously never told or even hinted to Airi about how she felt.  Come to think of it, if she did Airi probably wouldn't have let herself get involved with Miyabi to begin with.

She saw Miyabi blink too as if she just now realized what Airi wore. Then her face flushed. “Oh my god, I must look like a pedo…” she mumbled under her breath, but loud enough for Airi to hear. Airi smiled.
:rofl:

Suddenly the house shook, and through the ensuing screams Airi forgot everything else as well and ran to the window.

“I was so stupid,” Miyabi spat, scolding herself harshly. “I thought we were safe here, so I let my guard down again.”

“What is it?” Linlin asked, just to her side.

“There’s someone here,” Miyabi said, concentrating. “I can’t tell who yet, but we’re surrounded, so it’s not just the three of them.”
Captain found them?!?!? The army???
:scared:

“It’s tear gas!” Mari yelled out. “We need to get out of here!”

“I was trying to tell you!” Airi said. “They don’t need to do everything themselves now! Somehow they’ve infiltrated the police… or the army… and have them on their side!”

“She’s right,” Miyabi said soberly. “This isn’t a bunch of schoolgirls. It’s the Special Assault Team.”
Crap.
:stunned:

“So this is how it’s gonna be, huh?” Reina said in an even voice, still staring down the armed men, which were doing their best to creep against the wind toward her.

“Fire at will!” they heard a voice say from beyond the men, and the air was filled with the sound of discharged bullets.

“Reina!!!”
Airi heard Chisato yell, and she broke from Risako to launch herself toward her Captain.
OSNAP!!!
:OMG:

When they looked up though, they saw the Captain standing in the same spot she’d been in, with not a scratch on her, and staring grimly at the hole. Oddly, clanging came to their throbbing ears as bullets fell from apparently the ceiling of that room down onto the floor.
Forcefield of some sort?

But what happened to the Special forces guys?

“Miya…” Airi said into her shoulder. “We need to talk…”
Ooooooooooooooooooooh...she's going to come clean, isn't she? :?

two girls appeared in the other room, making their way slowly across the littered floor. Reina’s fists tightened to where her veins began popping out.

“I must say…” Ai Takahashi said, looking all around her as if it was a fascinating research project. No longer in teenage fashion such as the seifuku Airi had gotten so used to seeing them all in, the girl’s outfit was black and armored at least as much as the men who had approached them before. However, she held no weapon. She ran a bare finger down a wall and looked curiously at the soot it had picked up. “You’ve done quite a good job with the place.”
Of fuck they're here too!
:dizzy:

“But it’s just the two of them!” Miyabi shouted, seeming to miss Airi’s point in her rage. “Let me finish this so I can protect you!”
Man, if Miyabi finds out this way about what happened..it ain't gonna be pretty.

And let's not forget the fact that they're still not aware of the fact that Captain is actually still alive.

“I feel stronger than ever.”

Well, NOW they know.
:mon scare:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline goosefish

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #192 on: June 26, 2008, 03:55:45 PM »
OMFG Airi!! What are you doing sucking face with the enemy?!  :OMG: That certainly was a big shock to me (since you managed to turn me into such a big Miya/Airi shipper  :oops:)   Could it be that Airi rediscovered what she felt for the Maimi that she fell for, and feels that the old Maimi is still alive somewhere in the current Maimi...? Maybe Airi reserved a very small part of her heart for Maimi without realising it, and only now has that part broken free and those feelings have begun to resurface despite what she feels for Miyabi. Maybe goosefish should just stop speculating and wait patiently for the next chapter?  :roll:

*coughs*

Er... anyway, regarding Chisa/Reina  :wub: I love the two together. You've managed make a pair I never would have even thought of pairing together, simply work for me. Despite Reina's lack of wanting to have any attachments with Chisa (the fangirl in me no doubt screams for a happy ending for the two), it seems like she'll have a hard time shaking off Chisato  ;)

Good job once again!  :P

Offline Maimi_Yajima

• Member+
« Reply #193 on: June 26, 2008, 07:53:01 PM »
Yes!
I too am waiting for the next chapter with many anxieties.
Something tells me that will hilarious, wonderful!
but well ...
We are still waiting ... xD xD

Offline chibilolli

• Uh Wha?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gaki Gay Lord
« Reply #194 on: June 26, 2008, 09:00:08 PM »
Ok, so I said I'd comment here. Don't expect it to be amazing though.

OMFG Airi!!! What the hell are you doing kissing Maimi??? Gah damn. I like how in both this story and Berry Beautiful you opted to not do the conventional Miya and Risako pairing. But now they're getting closer to each other in both stories!!! As much as I like(d) Miya x Airi (and Miya x Captain), I will always love Miya x Risako so much more :heart:

Although I must say I don't like the way Miya is at the minute. She's so loved up on Airi that's it's gonna hurt like a bitch when they split up (I think that's where that's going). This could also cause her to lose focus on the job in hand while she nurses her wounds. Or Risako could be there to nurse them for her *winkwinknudgenudge* :oops:

Now...I could give my opinions of each side (Circle v Skulls) but I'm not actually routing for one or the other. All I care about is that Gaki doesn't get hurt :roll:

But I'm loving how this is going. Taka's a powerful bitch, Maimi's just ditzy and semi driven by love (or want of love) and Captain's just plan freaky.

Right...I'm making this shit up now if you can't already tell. I have issues with writing anything of substance so I'm gonna leave it at that.

Update...umm...as soon as you can (don't want to press you) :P

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #195 on: July 01, 2008, 05:53:39 AM »
Awww, Lolli, that wasn't bad at all! You're too hard on yourself about giving comments. :) And wow, I'm happy and honored at all the wonderfully detailed things everyone had to say about the last chapter. :) I hope you'll say at least as much about this one (since I think even more happens), and please don't worry about it not being good enough... if you're taking the time to write a comment, it's all worth it to me. :) :heart:

Glad to see a couple of you who hadn't commented in awhile too *looks at goosefish and Lolli*. Kore kara mo, yoroshiku onegaishimasu!!! It seems you're shocked about the Airi/Maimi kiss. Isn't everyone? ;) Maybe this upcoming chapter will give you an idea of how deep the emotions of these characters go.

I also see several MiRii fans... Man, is like everyone a fan of them? XD Even those that I or someone else has "converted" still seemed to have started there or hold onto it just a little...

If you give me such awesome comments again I'll be sure to respond more next time... It's too late right now and I'm sure you want to see the next chapter more than anything (I know I'd want to if I knew what was coming)... So I'll be back in a few minutes. :)

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Circle of Three [24: Seeds of Hope from a Field of Blood]
« Reply #196 on: July 01, 2008, 06:05:26 AM »
Hello again! :D I think of this as a somewhat turning-point chapter, and perhaps the main climax of the story. Enjoy~ :heart:

Chapter 24 – Seeds of Hope from a Field of Blood

Airi gazed down from the elaborately gilded throne she stiffly graced. Its back was nearly twice her size, so she always felt dwarfed in it despite the power she wielded. She drummed her fingers on the gold-embossed arm as she studied the scene below. It was as if the entire Earth lay arrayed beneath her, but her current attention was completely focused on three small figures that were rising up through the stratus as if to meet her in her heavenly court.

She glanced to each side where the two she shared her kingdom with sat in thrones similar to hers. She smiled at Miyabi, who studied the oncoming party as closely as she, while Reina only reclined in her throne as if it was her favorite chair.

Must you appear so uncaring?” she asked her older sister with a frown. “How are we going to pass judgment when we barely appear pure ourselves?”

Reina gave her a level stare. “You’re the one that always thought of propriety over all. I still think an aura of naturalness is best. I mean, we’ve always been crude, so why stop now? Ain’t that right, Miyakko?” Miyabi waved a hand adorned with several heavily bejeweled rings at them.

“Oh that’s right,” Reina continued with a frown. “You were never really one of us like that… How did you ever fall for such a prissy Princess?” The last question was also directed at Miyabi. Airi nearly sighed. Were the two of them going to continue this for another millennium?

“It was the power,” Miyabi said, waving her sparkling jewels at them again, but now turning her eyes their way as well. “Tell me you’re not also a little in awe of what she can do, Reina.”

“Pssht…” Reina dismissed, rolling her head back to stare up into the starry sky above them. The stars shone as brilliantly as if upon a crystal clear night, even though light surrounded the three of them that illuminated the world below completely. Most of that light was coming from Airi, daughter of the Sun.

“Are you saying you only loved me for my power?” she asked Miyabi with a frown.

“Well you are kind of cute too…” Miyabi replied thoughtfully, tapping a long lacquered fingernail to her chin.

“I can’t believe you!” Airi demanded, rising from her seat, her long robes flowing like water out around her as if that was truly the silk of which they were made. “After all this time, I find out that you…”

Her attention was distracted though as the three figures arrived at the thrones, and as her creamy cheeks flushed she sat back down to join the other two in looking upon those to whom they would pass judgment – their fallen kin. For Airi’s part, her attention was drawn to the taller one standing in the middle, looking haggard in the chains she was bound in. Her eyes widened and she stood again, the light shining from her flickering in her changing mood.

“Can you seriously just relax for once, Suzuki?” Reina asked, still as relaxed as usual in her own seat. Miyabi’s mouth was pursed tightly, though Airi tried to avoid her eyes.

“Maimi…” she breathed, and the girl in chains below her raised her eyes to meet her own.

“Maimi…” Airi repeated, until she woke and looked around herself to see that she was held back against a wall by some unseen force, pressed tightly enough that she felt she could hardly breathe. She rolled her head to the side to see Miyabi staring back at her with her mouth tight, seeming furious, before daring to look forward and down to see the girl whose name she was mumbling staring up at them. There was no one else to be seen.

“Well we have two…” Maimi said, striding back and forth before them, her eyes never leaving Airi’s face. Suddenly she paused in her pacing and glared at her as she noticed her awaken. She took some steps closer until she was nearly at the wall herself. “Just what the hell were you thinking earlier, huh? Some sick game of yours?”

“Don’t listen to her, Airi!” Miyabi shouted over at her, looking down warily at their captors.

“And you…” Maimi said, and she took a couple long steps toward the other girl before raising an arm and striking her hard to the side of her face. “Don’t you ever shut up?” Miyabi, hardly fazed by the harsh contact, turned her face hard to the other girl again and spit at her, only eliciting another slap, after which she only smiled despite her now bleeding lip.

“Maimi…” Airi whispered hoarsely. “Don’t hurt her…”

Maimi spun back to her. “You think that’s being mean? What I did there doesn’t even begin to touch what I’ll do to you, you sweet little thing…”

Airi looked at her through watery eyes. “Didn’t you love me…?” she asked, and finally the other girl’s face relaxed as if she just now noticed the sincerity in Airi’s voice. Before anyone could say more though, Maimi’s two companions came in through the doorway.

“I couldn’t find the others,” Takahashi said in a frustrated voice. “Apparently Tanaka got them away somehow while Saki-chan was making her attack.”

“They’re not far,” Saki said simply, and walked slowly over to Miyabi and Airi, peering up at them. Airi felt defiled somehow beneath the girl’s scrutiny. “They’ll be back for their friends.”

“Hya~ah!” came a voice from a doorway opposite where they stood, and Airi looked to see Koharu charging them alone, having apparently found some kind of sword elsewhere in the house. “Stay away from Airi and Miyakko!”

Airi’s eyes widened as the girl flashed into the room. “No!” she shouted, but the ensuing action flashed by too quickly for words.

The lone girl had apparently surprised the Circle – at least, all except Saki, who still only studied Airi and Miyabi as if oblivious to anything else around her. Maimi jumped back, dodging one of the attacks, and when the young Skull swung around for another thrust, this time she wasn’t fast enough as Takahashi slid toward her, grabbing for the sword’s handle also.

The two fought for it a split second, but Airi knew the result from the second she gave her initial cry – Takahashi with her superior preternatural strength quickly took control of the weapon, and in a flash of steel it spun before impaling the younger girl in her midsection.

“You bastards!!” Miyabi shouted, but she was helpless to do anything as she struggled against whatever held her. Takahashi’s own eyes widened slightly in what Airi thought might actually be surprise as she saw the other girl staring back into her face, the life slowly draining from her eyes as she clutched at the sword’s blade with fingers that were quickly weakening. After a moment she fell to her knees, and Takahashi released the handle in revulsion, causing Koharu to fall onto her side and curl her knees inward, twitching a little before becoming still.

Airi noticed Maimi staring at them in just as much shock, though she hardly registered it as tears filled her own eyes. “No…” she repeated, over and over, the nightmare replaying in her mind of the girl she’d killed in the woods as she watched the one here – her friend this time – struggle to hang onto her own life. She didn’t want to see anyone else die on her behalf…

Saki turned back to her companions and glanced down at the fallen Skull. Afterward she shared a look with Takahashi and Maimi that seemed to strengthen their spirits slightly before turning back to Airi.

“Do you see what the consequences are of keeping this up?” she said quietly. “Are you going to continue until they all end up dead?” She gestured toward Koharu as she spoke, and then her eyes flickered in Miyabi’s direction. “Who will be next? Her, perhaps?” Right after she spoke, Miyabi began screaming.

“No!!” Airi yelled, letting her tears flow freely now. “Stop it! Don’t hurt her!”

Maimi stepped up to her. “Don’t hurt her?” she repeated, peering up at her. “That was the same thing you said about me. Is it always so hard for you to make up your mind?”

Airi just shook her head in response, feeling weak against the invisible bonds holding her against the wall, until she began to feel herself shake. It took her a second though to realize that it wasn’t just her body that was shaking – it was the wall that held her, and the room around them all.

Their three wardens looked around at the shaking, Saki spinning away from her. She seemed to adopt a faraway look for a moment before suddenly running out the door she came in.

“What’s going on?!” Maimi yelled after her, looking spooked.

“You three are not welcome in my house…” came a voice that sounded like it was from everywhere and nowhere. Airi recognized it – it was Mari’s. Then the woman herself appeared through the blasted hole, marching toward the room with Masae, Kimura and Reina in her wake, the small woman seeming to exude power.

“This is a special place…” she heard a voice say inside her head, and she could see Mari smiling at her. “In here, I have power.”

Maimi and Takahashi turned to face them, but weren’t quick enough as Reina raised a hand, a flash of lightning cracking from it toward them that was only blocked by Takahashi’s reflexes in bringing up her own. Still, the blast knocked her back against the wall near Airi hard enough that she even made a sizable dent in it.

“Maimi!” Airi yelled, but the girl was paying her no attention.

Suddenly, Miyabi fell to the floor as if her bonds suddenly broke, and she rushed over to Airi, giving a cautious glance at the slumping Takahashi before tugging on her feet. Airi looked down at her through her tears as if she were mad, but amazingly after only a few tugs she slid down hard as well, Miyabi pulling her into her arms.

Airi looked into her face to appraise her bruised jaw and cracked lip caused by Maimi’s blows. “You’re hurt…” Airi said quietly, raising a hand to Miyabi’s injuries before the girl pulled her into a tighter hug.

“I’m sorry…” Miyabi said soothingly. “I’m sorry I couldn’t free us sooner before… before…”

For the first time, Airi thought she sensed Miyabi actually crying. As she hugged her, Airi looked over her shoulder at Maimi, who was now looking like she wanted to be anywhere but there.

“Saki-chan!” she shouted desperately, looking around wildly as Mari, Reina and the others closed in on her.

Reina raised her hands as if to attack the lone girl once again, but Miyabi spun quickly away from Airi and toward her. “Reina!” she shouted in her direction, distracting her from her target. She pointed at their fallen friend, and Reina quickly got the message. Just when she began running toward Koharu though, she fell back in a flash of fur and fangs as a form they all by now recognized burst out of nowhere at their group.

Despite everything happening so quickly, for some reason Airi was able to view it all. She’d called upon her own power now that her mind was no longer being tampered with, and time slowed.

The wolf came straight at the oncoming elder Skulls, knocking Masae back before hurtling headlong into Mari, who had seemed to be preparing some sort of magic of her own. The two rolled off behind a wall in the adjacent room, but there was still no shortage of action.

The moment the wolf charged, Miyabi jumped away from Airi as well toward the lone standing Circle member. Maimi brought her hands up, but couldn’t get set before Miyabi fell into her, and those two rolled to the ground as well.

“Maimi!” Airi shouted. “Miya!”

She leapt toward them, but before she arrived the wolf flashed back from the far room’s depths and directly at Reina, who was still hurrying toward Koharu. So on her way to the Miyabi and Maimi tousle, Airi called out to Reina as well, who turned toward her attacker.

Airi’s heart leapt into her throat when she saw that Reina wouldn’t have enough time to make her body react before the wolf met her. The wolf seemed to sense this and gave a triumphant growl, but then Airi gasped as Reina’s eyes glowed, and lightning flashed out from them. However, this lightning was much different than what she had been able to produce with her hands.

The lightning that flashed from Reina’s eyes slammed into the wolf, and then balled around it as if to strike from all sides. With a howl, the wolf was vaulted through the glass of a window and out of sight once again.

Trying to recover from the amazement of what she’d just seen, Airi spun her head back to see Maimi on top of Miyabi, her hands on both of the girl’s wrists and Miyabi screaming in agony below her. At the same time, she glimpsed doors being broken down by more men with heavy body armor and guns. Seeing things spiraling worse and worse out of control, Airi finally snapped.

“STOP!!!” she yelled, and time froze.

Feeling herself burning as if on fire, she turned to the men, who were breathing hard with wide eyes staring at her, having managed to just barely raise their weapons before they lost their ability to move. “It’s time for you to go,” she told them in a voice hoarse with her own heavy breathing.

Their weapons snapped up as they managed to just now regain control of them, but after exchanging glances with each other they lowered them. “Take all of your men outside as well back where you came from. You’re not needed here anymore.” The men looked as if they were resisting the order at first, but then they gave short bows and turned to head stiffly out the door.

Airi heard the sound of a smack from another direction, and she turned back to see Miyabi now rising from Maimi, who she’d apparently just knocked out with another punch while she couldn’t move. “Thanks dear,” Miyabi said as she frowned down at her victim. “You should warn me the next time you’re gonna do something like that though.”

Surprised that Miyabi had broken away from her spell and upset that she’d just knocked out Maimi, Airi brought her fists to her hips and gave the girl her best glare. “Miya!” she scolded. “She was defenseless! You didn’t have to do that.”

Miyabi finally turned to her and raised an eyebrow. “That’s the way I like her best,” she said plainly, and after peering into Airi’s face for a better look continued, “Y’know that’s a really cute glare you have there.”

Suddenly, in her emotion, Airi lost all control of her spell, and Reina stumbled forward still on her way to Koharu after seeming a little disoriented at what she’d done to the wolf. “Iya~!” Airi cried. “Koharu-chan!” Miyabi caught her drift as well, and the three Skulls knelt next to their fallen companion.

Reina laid her hands to the side of the girl’s head and concentrated for a minute before withdrawing them slowly and bowing her own head. “It’s too late…” she said quietly. “She was already gone.”

“No…” Airi cried, looking at the girl through her tears. She felt Miyabi wrap an arm around her shoulders, but this time didn’t mind.

“They’ll pay for this,” Miyabi said solemnly. “Now that we have two…” Her head swiveled around as if looking for something. “Where is Takahashi?”

Wiping the back of her hand across her eyes, Airi stood slowly and took a look around herself. The dent in the wall was still there, but the girl who made it was not. And she didn’t seem to be anywhere in sight either. Her and Miyabi must have had the same thought as they both quickly then darted their eyes to a motionless Maimi, who was still lying where Miyabi had left her almost peacefully. Airi sighed in relief, but Miyabi gave a guttural growl.

“Damn them,” she swore. “At least we still have her.” She gave a dull smile. “And at least I’ll still be able to have quite a bit of fun.”

“Miya,” Airi warned, catching the girl’s attention. “You’ll do nothing of the sort…” At Miyabi’s quickly angering expression, she continued, “At least until I’ve had a chance to talk with her.”

“Fine,” she responded, and knelt back down with Reina. “You take care of her then.” Airi shuffled unsteadily over to Maimi before falling to her knees next to her, but then there was commotion from the other room.

“Osuzu!” Chisato yelled, running toward her with Risako close on her tail. Junjun and Linlin led the others behind them, all of them gaping at the destruction they witnessed.

“Hey,” Airi said with a weak smile. Her two friends gave cautious glances down at Maimi. “It’s fine,” she reassured. “She’s knocked out.” She looked up at the two of them, Risako for one of the few times meeting her eyes, though she glanced warily at Maimi from time to time as well. “Where were you guys?”

“Mari got us out through a hidden passageway in one of the walls…” Chisato responded. “Her and the others brought us to a safe place and told us to stay there while they went to see what was going on. Although…” Her eyes flickered over to where Reina and Miyabi were crouched in low conversation. “Koharu somehow got separated from us along the way.”

The knot reappeared in Airi’s throat. “She’s dead,” she said, and after a small gasp Chisato fell to her knees also, and after a hesitation leaned over to hug Airi.

“No…” she breathed. “I can’t believe that…” Risako seemed to be doing her best to keep a composed face, but now she was glancing evenly over toward Miyabi and Reina for some reason.

Chisato pulled away from her as they heard some commotion from where the others were, and they glanced over to see Masae and Kimura speaking quickly and gesticulating wildly to the Chinese transfers. Mai and Asuna were hugging each other and crying, while Kamei and Michishige tried to comfort them.

“What’s going on there…?” Airi asked worriedly, but after having apparently noticed they were looking, the two elder Skulls and the Chinese girls headed through the now gaping destroyed doorway toward them.

“It’s Mari…” Masae said, and Airi could tell she was having a hard time keeping her emotions in check. No, not someone else!

“Here, I’ll go take a look,” Reina said soberly, getting up from Koharu as Miyabi carefully laid her on her back and covered her with a blanket.

Before Reina got to the door though, Kimura stopped her. “It’s no good,” she said.

“I can still try,” Reina snapped, and Airi realized what was happening was apparently getting to her as well even through her normally lackadaisical exterior. “You’d be surprised how well I can do even when things look like they’re the worst.”

The other four girls exchanged glances. “There’s not enough left to save…” Junjun said finally. Airi looked to the still huddling Mai and Asuna. Kamei and Michishige seemed to want to join them now, and they were all carefully avoiding looking toward a certain end of the room. Their expressions took on a whole new meaning now.

“This has to end…” Airi said slowly, and she turned back to Maimi, leaning over her. “Please…” she said to the unconscious girl, though she also gave a thought to Takahashi’s expression after she thrust the sword through Koharu. “I think you’re the one who can make a difference...” She reached for her hand. “I’ll do whatever it takes to make you believe in me.”

“That’s not good enough, General!” Ai roared as she stormed into their office at Central, her blood-spattered suit either drawing horrified glances or eyes carefully shifted somewhere else along the way. She was still sore from the battle, but her fury had increased at every revelation since until she was now nearly bursting at her very tight seams.

A uniformed and heavily medaled man followed anxiously in her wake, unsettled at the rare challenge to his power that seemed to be occurring all too often since these remarkable girls arrived. “If you please,” he said in a silky voice polished by years of politicking despite his police background. One couldn’t attain his position by achievement in the force alone. “It’s Commissioner General. We’re civilians; not the military, as I’ve been attempting to point out.”

As she arrived at her desk, Ai spun to face him, making the man actually retreat a step. “Commissioner General, then,” she hissed. Despite all his authority, the Commissioner General found himself unable to meet this young woman’s glare. “Be glad if you can still call yourself that by the end of the day.”

“Ai-chan…! Ai-chan…!” rasped a rapidly breathing Niigaki as she ran into the room, coming to a halt to stare at the heavily ornamented officer. She only wasted a moment on him though before turning to the true object of her attention. She scrutinized Ai’s bloody suit and bedraggled appearance, and looked into her face. “What happened?”

“What would you have me say, Commissioner?” Ai asked the man in a low, cold voice. “Explain once again why your men suddenly turned and ran away.”

The man brought his eyes back up to hers, now visibly affronted. “My men explained to me that they were only following orders. I can only assume that one of—”

“For the tenth time, we gave no such orders!” Ai barked back at him.

“You’re well aware of the unknown whereabouts of Shimizu-san and Yajima-san,” the man replied calmly in that irritatingly political tone of his. “There’s no way you could know whether one of them—”

“I know!” Ai insisted harshly.

“Ai-chan…” Risa interjected carefully.

“And that’s final!” Ai finished, sparing a glance for her closest friend. “You may leave for now,” she told the Commissioner General stiffly. “While I try to decide what to do with you and your men.”

Apparently not wishing to lengthen his encounter with her, the man bowed and walked out as regally as he could, Ai conjuring a sharp wind at his feet to make him stumble before he felt himself too confident. She let herself show a grim smile for the first time since the day began, one that quickly changed to a warmer one as she felt arms envelop her waist.

“Nii-chan…” she breathed, “You’ll get blood all over yourself.”

“I was worried…” Risa replied, then looked up into her face. Ai was moved by the moisture she saw shining in her eyes. “The police came back without you, and then you finally make it here, alone, with blood all over you…” She hesitated as if afraid to continue.

“Don’t worry, it’s not mine,” Ai comforted. “Nor Maimi’s, nor Saki’s. I wish I knew where they were… although I’m afraid Maimi got left behind.” She looked past Risa, a haunted look in her eyes. She didn’t even want to imagine what kind of horrors those girls would put her through if she really had fallen into their hands. Then she grimaced. She had hopes for Suzuki at least. The girl had made some bad decisions, but still seemed to have a good heart, despite the rumors she’d heard of the battle at Seishin.

“I’m not just worried about that, Ai-chan,” Risa said, reaching up to run a finger down her cheek. Ai looked silently down as her friend looked up at her, and she was just leaning toward her lips before the door opened slowly and another form slunk into the room.

“Saki,” Ai said in a neutral greeting, her hand encircling Risa’s waist and spinning her to her side. Saki sauntered into the room, still in her shorts and tee, but Ai noticed she was walking very slowly… too slowly. “Are you all right?”

Stumbling over to the window, Saki leaned against it and looked out. “I don’t know what that girl did to me…” she said in a flat voice.

“Have you seen Maimi?” Ai asked, breaking slightly from Risa to step toward the other girl.

Saki only shook her head in response before seeming to lose her balance and fall against the windowpane, apparently struggling to stay afoot. This time Ai closed the remaining distance toward her and took her arm to help her up. The girl’s dark eyes gazed up at her, and as always when under them, Ai felt as if her soul was bared.

“I have a headache…” Saki said, and Ai tried to keep her attention, though her eyes seemed to be shifting in and out of focus.

“I think we should get you to a hospital…” she said.

“No, I’m fine…” Saki said weakly, before her eyes rolled back into her head and she collapsed, Ai being careful to hold her up.

“Nii-chan!” she shouted. “Call one of the police outside! Quick!”

A short time later, they were once again in a hospital, and Ai watched alone over Saki, who was lying asleep or unconscious in her bed. At a time like this she fully realized the absence of Maimi, who would be doing her best to comfort the prone girl.

Instead she has me… she thought. A girl who tries to act so tough, yet get a little blood on your hands and… She looked down at her hands, but they were clean now after she’d washed up before arriving at the hospital. She still wore a similar suit of body armor – she couldn’t risk going anywhere without it now that the Skulls seemed to hold all the cards – but had a light, short white lacy dress over it to give her a somewhat more normal appearance. If one didn’t look too hard, it would almost seem like she was just wearing dark hose.

“Would you like some ocha?” Risa asked, proffering a bottle to her, and she glanced up to stare at it a second before taking it. Before taking a sip though, she stood quickly and grabbed Risa’s wrist before she could sit. Risa turned doe-like eyes up to her.

“Actually,” she said. “I’m ready to go. I feel a little out-of-place here, and it sounds like nothing’s going to happen for a while anyway.”

“Have they said anything yet?” Risa asked, looking down at their dark companion.

Ai shook her head. “Apparently she had some very bad trauma to nearly every part of her body this time, and because of the headaches they’re doing those scans they weren’t able to in Utsunomiya before we… left.” She looked down at the still form as well. “I wish Maimi were here…”

As the two walked out of the room, the two guards that were set there nodded at them, though she didn’t pay them any heed, and one started after to follow and watch them. After a short ways, they heard a small voice from behind.  “Ano…”

Ai paused and turned, appraising the youngster that followed in their wake. Maeda, she thought her name was, and she suddenly recalled why she knew it.

“I heard you mention Yajima-san in there…” the girl said with a blush. “Do you… I mean… have you… heard… anything from her?”

Ai considered her carefully for a minute before giving a glance to Risa, who nodded and gave her a bit of space, and to the surprise of the young girl, she stepped forward and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, pulling her with them as they started walking again.

“I’m afraid the Skulls may have her,” she explained soberly.

“No…!” gasped Maeda, wrenching her neck to look over into Ai’s face. “But they’ll do… who knows what they could do to her!”

Ai nodded grimly. “We need to be strong for her though. We’re also preparing. Soon enough we’ll be ready to take her back.”

“When you go, let me come too!” she said in her innocent voice. Ai sighed. She was really too young… but passion was what she needed right now.

Ever since the fight at that grand house, she’d thought about how the Skulls were able to defeat them, and she came to only one conclusion… they had the passion of the fight. Saki-chan, despite all her power, was one of the most impassionate people she knew, and she and Maimi didn’t have anything real to drive them either. As for me, she thought, giving a glance toward Risa, that’s something I plan to change very soon. It was also something she recognized in this girl, no matter how young she might be.

She nodded, and the girl’s eyes brightened in excitement and determination. “Of course,” she said. “You’re one of our rotating guards, right?” she nodded. “How about a permanent place outside our office until we can commence our operation?”

The girl beamed. “I’d be honored!” she exclaimed, and Ai felt her nuzzle against her side as she looked over to Risa herself, a slow smile spreading across her lips.

Shoving a pile of papers to the side of the desk, Ai could stand her anxiety no more. Saki was in the hospital being tested for who knows what, Maimi was off probably with the Skulls who knew where, and it was beginning to get dark even though she had very firm, very tiring plans for the night.

She rose from the desk and walked over to poke the dozing Niigaki, who suddenly jerked alert and looked all around her. “Who?! What?! Where?!” she asked unintelligibly, before rubbing her eyes and blinking up at Ai.

“Come on you crazy. I’m glad you got at least a little sleep, because I have plans to wear you out for the rest of the night.”

Her friend jumped to her feet and nearly almost gave her a short bow. Ai smirked at her. “Ready for anything, ma’am!” Risa said with her own grin.

“Good, good,” she responded. “Come on.”

She pulled her out of the door, where they smiled at Yuuka. The younger girl beamed back at them and moved as if to follow, but Ai gestured her to wait there. “Just in case Maimi happens to return sometime tonight…” she said, though honestly only to get rid of the girl more quickly in her anxiousness. In any case, the mention of Maimi was enough for her, as the girl snapped to attention and said she’d watch all night if need be. Ai almost told her that only the evening would be necessary, but bit her tongue.

Two other girls near the outside door nodded over at them as well, not moving from their stationary posts. Ai nodded to them before taking Risa to a side passage.

“In the morning first thing we’ll check on Saki-chan in the hospital,” Ai said along the way.

Risa nodded. “I hope they have the test results by then.”

Ai shook her head. “They don’t expect to have them so quickly – these take a bit of time apparently – but it’ll be good to find out what’s going on at least.

“Ai-chan…” Risa asked, this time in a more careful voice. “Are you really all right after whatever happened when you faced them? You’ve seemed somewhat… withdrawn… since then.”

Ai’s thoughts flashed back to the girl she killed in cold blood, when her fighting instincts had just kicked in automatically. “Yeah,” she said. “I’m fine. Just need a little rest and relaxation.”

“I agree with that…” Risa said, and she reached up with a hand to begin massaging Ai’s shoulder lightly. “You’ve been working too hard lately.”

“I agree, Nii-chan,” …is what she wanted to say, and then she wanted to pick the girl up, slam her against the wall, and kiss her for all she was worth, but she had much more… involved… plans for the evening.

When Ai felt almost like she could hold herself back no longer, they finally reached the door she was looking for, and she opened it, pulled Risa in, and closed it behind them.

“Ai-chan…” Risa said, seeming confused. “It’s dark…” Then with a flick of her wrist, Ai switched the lights on.

They were in a very well made-up room, one that she’d been working on nearly ever since they arrived, with elegant curtains on the windows, a mellow maroon wallpaper, and even a raven-black armoire, with its doors opened displaying stuffed animals of every kind and size… all surrounding a large, four-poster bed with white silk sheets and red velvet above them.

“Ai-chan…” Risa gasped, looking around in wonder. “What’s a place like this doing in…” They of course had modest bedrooms in the complex, but nothing quite as homey or designed to be cozy as this. While staring at the bed, her dear Risa seemed to come to a realization, and she darted her eyes back to Ai before lowering them to her feet in a deep blush.

“How do you like it?” Ai asked, smiling as warmly as she felt she could right now.

“It’s… amazing…” Risa said, reverting back into her slight stutter. “Except…” She glanced toward the armoire. “Stuffed animals?”

Ai grinned. “I thought they were cute.”

Risa smiled at her, and that smile made it all worth it. “They are.”

As Ai took a step closer to her, to where they were nearly touching, she looked deeply into her friend’s… her lover’s… eyes. “I wanted it to be perfect,” she said, and before Risa could respond she leaned in to touch her lips lightly with her own.

“It is…” Risa breathed against her mouth, and their lips met again, this time with a much greater intensity… a need granted only by the hardships that seemed were all they’d both been through for so long.

As they enjoyed the feel of each other, tongues dancing, hands and fingers wandering, Ai slowly backed her toward the bed until they collapsed onto it. When Ai was still undoing the first button of her blouse, but Risa already had hiked her dress up over her hips, her companion pushed her slightly up to smile into her eyes before running her hands as far down her body as she could reach. “You know… I always thought you looked sexy in that tight suit…”

“Let me tell you a secret,” Ai responded, and she leaned down to whisper into her ear, “I thought you might like me more with it off…”

Risa seemed to involuntarily squeeze Ai tighter after her words, and as she began nibbling softly on the ear she just whispered into, Risa soon found out that she really did.

“You’re really going to take me seriously about watching over her, aren’t you?” Miyabi said in a flat voice.

Airi stared blankly at her for a moment before turning back to Maimi, raising a hand to push back a strand of hair that had covered her eye as she lay on the modest bed. Having had to leave Mari’s ancestral home due to its almost complete destruction as well as to the fact the whole country now seemed to know about it, they had returned to Airi’s parents’ home, which wasn’t near as elaborate, but still was quite a good sized house. Upon their arrival her parents had fled, their last look at Airi as if they didn’t even know her.

She had wanted to bring Maimi to her room, but had managed to only get her this small cramped attic closet. At least it had a bed. The others wanted her locked up in the basement or somewhere just as safely out of the way.

“I want to be there when she wakes,” Airi responded tiredly. Even though it was late at night, she hadn’t slept a wink. Neither had Miyabi apparently, even though the others were happily slumbering in the living areas or spare bedrooms.

“Shouldn’t you come to bed though?” Miyabi said, still apparently in denial, offering a hand to her.

Airi looked at the hand, and then her eyes traveled up the arm to Miyabi’s face. “Miya… do you really love me so much?”

Miyabi nodded with unmistakable certainty.

Airi glanced back to Maimi and sighed. Then she waved an arm over her, casting a spell that she would rather not have if she had the choice. “All right,” she said, and rose to take Miyabi’s hand.

When she looked up into her face, Miyabi’s eyes seemed to bore into her skull. She was trapped by their intensity. “If you come…” Miyabi said quietly. “I want it to be because you want me,” she said, her gaze never wavering. “All of me.”

Airi looked back into those orbs a moment before nodding and leaning over to plant a light kiss on her lips, feeling the tip of the girl’s tongue against her own lips as she pulled away. The joys and difficulties of being with one who loves you… she thought. Despite whatever Reina and the others might have said, Airi at least knew that Miyabi was most definitely a true Skull.

“I want you…” Airi whispered, and with a small smile of relief and excitement, Miyabi pulled her off into the night.

Offline goosefish

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #197 on: July 01, 2008, 03:21:01 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaaand rokun brings us yet another jam packed chapter!!  :cow: And hey! I'm totally trying my best to comment frequently on this!!  :P

The first part of the chapter is just... wow. Thrones?! To be precise... giant thrones that the girl's are too small to properly fill?! It appears to be a flashback from the past... maybe their past lifetimes?  :? If so, then we see just how far back Airi's feelings for Maimi truly run. If they weren't able to be together in their previous lives, are they somehow now attempting to do so again in the current lifetime?  :O From Miyabi's reactions in both past and present, it seems as though history is repeating itself regarding Airi and Maimi  ;)

OMG Koharu and Mari!! :cry: You love to get rid of the best of them, don't you  :roll:  I can't believe Ai-chan actually did it, and I think in doing so she might have realised just what kind of harsh battle she was involved in... Anything could happen in a split second and she would never see Risa again. Maybe that's why she dragged the girl away to have her way with her  :drool: :wub: Oh Takagaki gets me everytime!  :oops: So sweet of Ai-chan to take the time to prepare a room that would have been comfy and cozy for the two  :wub:

Love how Yuuka is so eager to fight to protect and help out Maimi any way she can! Too cute!  XD

I'm torn about which direction I wana see Airi/Miya taking. Airi/Miya would be a nice fairytale sort of ending (er... not counting her seemingly on-going feelings for Maimi, that is  :sweatdrop:). I wouldn't mind seeing more Airi/Maimi, coz at heart I love abit of angst. Miyabi all heart broken and going on some sort of wild angry rampage would probably make my day too  :lol: But in the end, it's all down to how you decide to write it out and I'm sure that what ever direction you take with all the characters, it'll continue to keep all your readers hooked!!  :P

Offline maiZe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #198 on: July 01, 2008, 04:18:21 PM »
So, I've fallen a little bit behind on my commenting for this fic, but better late than never, right?

I think I saw this every time, but it's getting so exiciting! That battle at Mari's was pretty hectic, and Koharu!! T_T It was so upsetting that Reina didn't get to her in time.

I think from my previous comments, I've made it obvious that I'm a big mushy romantic, and in the last chapter where Airi comes back from her shopping excursion, my love for the Airi/Miya pairing grew.

Of course, whatever's going on with Airi and Maimi has me concerned with the future direction of Miya/Airi. Again, at the end of this chapter, Miya's words and actions are just so squee worthy, but also heartwrenching 'cause you can see that she's unsure about where Airi's heart lies.

When she looked up into her face, Miyabi’s eyes seemed to bore into her skull. She was trapped by their intensity. “If you come…” Miyabi said quietly. “I want it to be because you want me,” she said, her gaze never wavering. “All of me.”

Airi looked back into those orbs a moment before nodding and leaning over to plant a light kiss on her lips, feeling the tip of the girl’s tongue against her own lips as she pulled away. The joys and difficulties of being with one who loves you… she thought. Despite whatever Reina and the others might have said, Airi at least knew that Miyabi was most definitely a true Skull.

“I want you…” Airi whispered, and with a small smile of relief and excitement, Miyabi pulled her off into the night.

I'm hoping Airi's sure about that, 'cause I feel Miya wouldn't take it well if Airi gets wishy-washy about this. However, I'm feeling like Airi's soon going to learn from Miyabi what Chisato learned from Reina... XD

Moving away from Airi and Miya, I'm wondering how things will work out between Reina and Chisato. There wasn't any interaction between the two of them in this chapter, and with all that was going on, Airi hasn't had the chance to confront Reina about what's going on between the Skulls captain and her best friend (that is, if Airi is even going to confront Reina, but I feel like she would. She's just that kind of friend).

So, I was a little off with Risako's situation. I thought maybe something had happened between her and Miya before Miya got with Airi, but nope. Risako just has a crush of Miyabi. It's kind of cute, but at the same time, sad that she's letting it get in the way of her friendship with Airi. From what I can gather, Airi has no idea what Risako has feelings for Miya, so it's not like Airi started dating Miyabi knowing that one of her closest friends wanted her. I like Miya/Risako pairings in other fanfics, but here, I'm fully and Miya/Airi supporter!

Aichan's now killed off 2 Skulls. She's putting herself on the top of the Skulls' hit list. Well, except for Airi, of course, who just wants this all to stop with no more bloodshed from what I can gather. At least she seemed to feel something when she stabbed Koharu. I am hoping that Airi will be able to influence Maimi and Aichan in someway to stop all this madness... Saki on the other hand, I don't know if there's any hope left for her.

As for Taka/Gaki... Well, they're just adorable. I like the soft side that she always shows Risa. The fact that she's can still show it gives me how that Airi will be able to do something in in regards to Ai's views at least.

Anyway, I've jumped a bit between chapters since I fell behind, and my though process wasn't very well organized, but thanks for all the recent chapters and I can't wait for the next one!!

Offline Maimi_Yajima

• Member+
« Reply #199 on: July 01, 2008, 11:09:17 PM »
Well.
I've read.
As always his writings are excellent and captivate wing person who reads it.

Me gusto mucho between the party of Niigaki Takahashi.
Takahashi must rest occasionally.
And who better to Niigaki.

I think that Ai and Maimi have similarities and are the most understood.
Saki is more along the lines of battle, fight, and win power.

I am greatly pleased that part of Yuka, with Ai wants to go to the rescue of Maimi.

Miyabi is my favorite idol but ...
I like more a love between Miyabi and Risako.

Tanaka is one of the characters who have hidden their ideals.
This too sure of herself.
And to be safe is because it has too much power to show yet.

Koharu !!!!!!!!!!
That brave!
Koharu to Koharu always remember!

Ai Takahashi!!!!
Ai Takahashi Incredible!
Each occasion that warrants, Ai show their skills.
Tanaka not to underestimate to Takahashi.

Takahashi I love it.
It is strong but his power keeps it hidden.
And ever more surprises.
Because gradually showing their skills.
Takahashi was too special!

Maimi I can say it.
It's my favorite character, my favorite idol throughout the H! Q.
And it is my number one!

I love taking this as important in history.

but ...
Even still suffers from guilt by Airi.
I think it is time we lose I hope between the love of Airi and Maimi in this story ....... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
but there is something, anything!
That makes me you do not lose hope of Airi between Maimi.
is not true!
While not Lose Hope!
Losses to the final chapter!
Or Rokun write: Airi keeps Miyabi.
Airi loves to Miyabi.
Until rokun write this, the hopes lose!
Sorry for being so stubborn! :jerk: :jerk:

When Maimi to wake up and see that because of Airi is prisoner.
Feel much pain!

And even more, if I look and hear what they told Airi Miyabi.
Airi: I love you ...

I want to see Airi jealous!
When Airi see Yuka with Maimi.

AH!
I want to see the Maimi with Airi!
Something tells me that the next chapter will be excellent and better!

um ...
Miyabi!!!
or not!
Miyabi take advantage of this!
And more if he learns what it feels  Airi for Maimi! and what happened between Airi and Maimi!

I suppose Takahashi tried to rescue Maimi.
And if Takahashi sees wound to Maimi.
Causes anger by Takahashi.

Next chapter!!!!!!!!!!

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: miwa - Princess (Tropical Remix)