JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 80kidz - 7inch Pop

Author Topic: HEY! HEY! HEY! Music Champ to end after 18 years  (Read 6468 times)

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
HEY! HEY! HEY! Music Champ to end after 18 years
« on: September 19, 2012, 05:16:40 AM »
My first reaction was NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~~~~  :ptam-hbk:

Quote from: tokyohive
Fuji TV announced that popular music program “HEY! HEY! HEY!”, which is hosted by comedic duo Downtown, will be having its final show by the end of this year.

The program first aired in October 1994 and has had an average rating of 13.9% since then. During those 18 years, the show has gained popularity and has accomplished its goal as a long-running program. Fuji TV will be reorganizing their programs in October and plans to finish the show by the end of the year. The final episode date and future program are currently being discussed.

HEY! HEY! HEY!’s highest rating was on June 21, 1999 with 28.5%, but it has taken a fall in ratings as of late. On August 20, it had a rating of 7.2%, but Maeda Atsuko’s live AKB48 graduation performance on August 27, brought the ratings up to 14.7%.

Makes me feel so sad and nostalgic. More than 10 years ago, HEYx3 was the only japanese show I could watch in an international channel back home. It introduced me to most of the J-pop I knew and it was on one of their special shows that I fell for Morning Musume. Downtown was so entertaining always too~ I will miss it, but they can definitely feel proud for their successful and outstanding long run.

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: HEY! HEY! HEY! Music Champ to end after 18 years
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 07:10:11 AM »
:shock: WHOA.  First Utaban now Hey! Hey! Hey!

It's amazing that they been on THAT long, I knew em from early MM/Jrock variety clips...both of them have spin off shows either together or by themselves. They should get em all back for the last ep!!

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 03:09:00 PM »
They should get em all back for the last ep!!

They should!!! Hey!x3 SUPER SPECIALLLLL with OG Momusu  :twothumbs

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline ayajoo

• ecchi
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 05:16:42 AM »
Well, this is unfortunate news. It had an impressive run and I enjoyed the hosts but ratings are everything when it comes to TV. Hopefully the show goes out with a bang.

Offline yozha92

• ecchi
  • NYOLO!!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 05:37:59 PM »
aaaah~ zannen!!!

hama-chan and matsumoto is really funny tho!! :cry:

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 80kidz - 7inch Pop