JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Niji-iro BASU

Author Topic: (Group) Gang Kiz (갱키즈)  (Read 20099 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
(Group) Gang Kiz (갱키즈)
« on: April 20, 2012, 10:36:41 PM »
Gang Kiz (갱키즈)

Twitter :: Fancafe

Gang Kiz is the new upcoming 7-member girl group from Core Contents Media. The name of the group was picked from 37,500 fan suggestions received, and the idea behind the name is that they're "cute bad girls". They're set to debut in May with a "7-part music video" and a song produced by Shinsadong Tiger and Rado.

CCM has claimed to have spent close to a million dollars in the project. The group was accompanied by T-ara on a 9 day trip to Europe where they filmed their debut music video. The girls have already made appearances in T-ara's music vids, most prominently in Lovey Dovey Tokyo version.

Profiles:

Note, I'll use simplified first names if no stage names are involved. Official titles can of course vary whenever they decide to release some information. Tidbits from tumblars and wherever I can google it, so take it with a grain of salt.

Jihyun

Birthdate: March 1, 1983
Height: 172cm
Bloodtype: A
Position: Leader

- Actress. Been appearing in dramas since 2000, most recently in "Miss Ripley"
- Was in Dongduk Women's University
- Hobbies include golf and swimming
- Hyun Bin's ex-girlfriend

Sooeun

Birthdate: August 4, 1985
Height: 170cm

- Actress. Acted in dramas "You're Beautiful" and "Soul"

Haein

Name: Lee Hae-in (이해인)
Birthdate: April 19, 1986
Height: 169cm
Blood type: A

- Actress. Had small roles in the dramas "Welcome to the Show", "Golden Fish" and "H.I.T".
- Appeared in Maxim, see below
- Has her own site at CCM:  http://haein.ccment.com/

Hyeji

Name: Kim Hye-ji (김혜지)
Birthdate: May 29, 1989
Height: 173cm

- Model. Competed in the 2010 Supermodel competition and came in 2nd place
- Grew up in the US, so naturally fluent in English
- Appeared in T-ara's Bo Beep vid

Somin

Name: So-min (소민)
- Previously in the line-up to debut with T-ara

Eunbyul

Birthdate: 1988

- Appeared on a show called "Mnet Scandal" in 2009.

Esther

Name: Esther (에스더)

Pics:

Group

Jihyun

Sooeun

Haein

Hyeji

Somin

Esther

Eunbyul

--

Bit of a preliminary thread for an upcoming group, anything can still happen. Tried to condense as much information available as I could find, so additions and corrections welcome. All y'all T-ara thread peeps could add all the pics and vids of 'em in Europe, too. :P

Gotta add I'm kind of hoping they'd still change the name, even if I'll have to tag a gazillion pics again. I have trouble even typing Gang Kids with a straight face. The "gang" thing is silly of course, and these aren't exactly kids, either. They're all 80's babies for fucks sake. But whatever, haha. :P
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:35:11 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: (Group) Gang Kids
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 10:38:16 PM »
Vids:

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: (Group) Gang Kids
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 11:04:30 PM »
Uh oh...here come the Gang Kids!!!!
I hope they'll change their name too, it's hard to take them seriously with that sort of a name.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: (Group) Gang Kids (갱키즈)
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 12:30:41 AM »
Omg! The girl I like with blue hair is MY AGE!!! O_____________________________O BRING IT!!!! BOOYAHH!! 1985 SISTAHHHH!!! *fist bump, true gang kid style*
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 03:12:37 AM »
I was surprised by their random backgrounds. Basically actresses and models. I wonder if they're trained as singers and just happened to get other types of gigs first. Or are they actually just actresses and models thrown randomly into a pop group?

I too hope they change their name XD  They're not even kids for goodness sakes. They need a cool mature name.

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 03:25:21 AM »

LOL No wonder fedora girl caught my attention in those Europe photos, she's the girl I found pretty in the Lovey Dovey Tokyo MV. :lol:

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 03:29:34 AM »
^^ 'True gang kid style' :lol:

At first when I saw the name in T-ara's thread, I assumed they were all going to be 12 or something, but hey, quite the opposite. It's interesting that CCM went towards the higher end of the age scale in making this group. Looking at Jihyun, I can't believe she's 29. I remember people wanting JYP to change miss A to Miss A, but it's stayed as the original and look at them now!! That said, this would be more than a case of capitalising letters. Gang Kids... :mon exhaust: For the sake of your near 1 million dollars, CCM, please.

Oh my, Haein is drop-dead gorgeous :mon inluv: If only she weren't so thin. I dig both of her haircuts, although the current shortbob is pretty hot. How are you so beautiful?! :scolding: Wait what? Boobs and stick-thin? What is she??

I feel sorry for Esther with that haircut. It's like they put a pair of scissors in the hands of a 7 year old, blindfolded them and told them to cut her hair.

We'll just have to wait in terms of the music, I guess. Hopefully it won't be another version of Lovey Dovey or a rehash of TTL :P

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 05:43:45 AM »
*fist bump, true gang kid style*
LMAO. A MILLION FACEPALMS
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 05:59:06 PM »
Some more predebut pics of our ghetto youngsters:

Jihyun & Sooeun

Sooeun

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 07:15:48 PM »
Waa~ it's "Wang Cordi" (Soo Eun) from You're Beautiful! She was fierce in that XD she was also in the "Soul" drama also starring Jiyeon and Boram. She has very significant scenes in that drama.

I almost didnt want to follow them after the recent WTFs CCM's been doing. People are already hatin on them saying they're old which is totally fine cuz its nice to have a group within my age range again. :P but yeah funky name. I just sure hope they come out with something unpredictable and different.

Offline set_burner

• Feel to Follow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 12:10:13 AM »
weird name, but really cant judge them before i hear the song. kinda reminds me of spica, iuno maybe cuz of the old members. oh well, if they come with a song as good as spica's, that'll be interesting

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 08:16:17 AM »
Gang Kids means I can continue to project my hip-hop views onto Kpop  :lol:
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 10:36:59 PM »
Soo Eun's scene from the "Soul (Hon)" drama. Warning: it's a suicide scene. The girl holding the volleyball is T-ara's Jiyeon's "twin" sister in the drama. :lol:

and a rather iffy water cf with her

I'm a bit smitten by Haein cuz she looks like a female TVXQ's Max Changmin, and I love me some Max.  :wub:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 11:35:36 PM »
^ That seems like one cheerful drama. :P

--

The Kids and their Gangsta Van.

Making plans, probably looking for some people to mug. Thug life.

Some more pics. Jiyeon & Eunjung making their cameos...

Sooeun

Hyeji, Haein, Jihyun

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 07:56:35 AM »
Wow a couple of them are actually older than me!

But Gang Kids? wtf tbh I thought the reasoning for T-ara was lame enough. Is there a interesting back story? A double meaning? An acronym? Some kind of play on words? A connection to a Korean word or phrase? No just T-ara because they will rule the kpop scene and royalty wears a Tiara (I never did hear wtf the deal is with the gap between the t and the a). Although I have kind of gotten used to it and in some ways come to accept it.

Now Gang Kids, apparently because they are "cute bad girls". Clever XD

I was surprised by their random backgrounds. Basically actresses and models. I wonder if they're trained as singers and just happened to get other types of gigs first. Or are they actually just actresses and models thrown randomly into a pop group?

I too hope they change their name XD  They're not even kids for goodness sakes. They need a cool mature name.

CCM seems to find trainees already semi established in various fields. It's the same for T-ara. Eunjung was a child actor, Jiyeon and Qri were discovered as models, Hyomin and Hwayoung (and her twin sister) were discovered from being a popular ulzzangs. Boram had a couple solo singles and Soyeon was a famous SM trainee.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:02:26 AM by zoolander »

Offline pigmin0239

• Member+
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 04:02:00 AM »
Laugh at Sooeun suicide scene XD I can't recognize that is she, she really change a lot.....

p.s. Haein is damn pretty :wub:

Haein CF

« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 04:10:26 AM by pigmin0239 »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 05:11:41 PM »

More of the Gang Kids in the Old World.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 06:04:50 PM »
You know, I saw the bottom picture first and thought "where's the blue haired suicide kid?"

Blue haired suicide kid.

I swear I will start using her name at some point. This gang kid thing must be affecting my brain. :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 10:59:36 PM »
I'm afraid if we keep building up this badass image about this group we'll only end up being disappointed when they finally debut. :P

Seems like BHSK (blue hair suicide kid) is the most talked about member here right now. LoL Makes me want to rewatch the "You're Beautiful" drama again cuz she was a hilarious side character in it. If you haven't seen that drama, watch it! One of the most hilarious moments with her character Wang Coordi[nator] is linked below. I'm trying not to spoil it by explaining it but the scene will look very confusing if you really haven't seen this drama and know what it's about.

It starts at 3:30, actually it starts 2:15 then skip to 3:30

XD
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:04:38 PM by DO Me DO Me »

Offline pigmin0239

• Member+
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2012, 04:05:42 AM »
^BHSK :lol: Is it related to DBSK? XD
Just discovered that Hwayoung(t-ara) look alike Go Mi Nam, and also think Haein can act this role :roll:

Random Access Photo

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Niji-iro BASU