JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kobushi Factory - This is Unmei

Author Topic: The Morning Musume 10th Generation Thread  (Read 83463 times)

Offline Zorr

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [News] Morning Musume 10th Generation Auditions
« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2011, 03:07:12 PM »
I always feel like I'm so late to new members.   It's now announced who the winners are, who I don't know at all and yet so many people already know so much about them.  I really need to follow the auditions more closely :lol:  I guess I don't because I've been stung before when I followed auditions and my favourite didn't get in.

It's an interesting range of ages these new girls have and it's good that they picked 4.  I'm kinda happy to see Momusu back above 10 members again.

As for what they bring to the group, I've never been one to care if they can sing or dance superbly.  I always believe that being an idol is more than that.  Some of my favourite idols aren't really all that great at singing or dancing yet they still make me so happy just because they have a winning personality.  Thats what it's about to me, making up for weaknesses with other strengths.  Hopefully these new girls will have a nice mix of those born to be on stage and those born to simply entertain :)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2011, 03:22:29 PM »

http://ameblo.jp/tsunku-blog/entry-11032996523.html

Tsunku posted about why he picked the gurls and provided some pics as well!

東京都の飯窪春菜は高校生ながら、性格ピュアやし、3の線も行けるし、歌も良しで
華がある。

宮城県の石田亜佑美は歌もダンスもずば抜けてた。根性もあるしモーニング娘。への
ビジョンがしっかりしてる。

北海道の佐藤優樹はかなりの未知数。でも、今回のフォトジェニック賞です。

埼玉県の工藤遥はエッグで学んで来た経験と、歌手とモーニング娘。への強いこだわり。

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2011, 03:32:28 PM »
I love how his commentary about Lethal Hokkaido Flower is basically "yeah I dunno, she's photogenic tho LOL"

And he noticed Haruna's pure character >o< I agree so hard
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2011, 03:41:31 PM »
AT LEAST ISHIDA MADE IT. My life is (half)-complete. :lol:

I had a feeling Haruna would get in because of the last HPT. Gut feel, I guess. Haruka was pretty much another foregone conclusion. Sato Masaki surprised me, but I don't resent her too much. But why no Sara? ;_; *glooms*

Looking forward to how this pans out. I don't know if it's just me, but I really can't wait for a moment where 16-yr old Haruna has to call the widdle Kyuukies "senpai". *snickers* THIS HAS TO BE FILMED. FOR SRS. XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2011, 03:41:59 PM »

From Left to Right : Iida Kaori, Kei Yasuda, Miki Fujimoto and Abe Natsumi  :lol:

I just want to say that I tried not to pick favorites this time around and overall I'm pretty satisfied with the results.

I just hope that Tsunku creates another unit from all the leftover talent from the MM and S/M auditions.

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2011, 03:50:26 PM »
You know who else was "photogenic"? KIKKA.

I was there tonight at the concert, and I'm pretty happy about the results.
Sure we didn't get Sara, but we got a 13-nin lineup again!

It's like the gap between 4th and 5th generation all over again.
4-nin generation followed by 4-nin generation to make 13...
...Except that's only going to last until tomorrow when it goes back to 12.

Anyway, their official nicknames are "Harunan", "Daishi", "Masaki", and "Kuduu".

When Harunan and Daishi came out, it was funny how they weren't quite sure where to stand and Tsunku had to direct them.
Masaki's stage presence is actually pretty good, I thought.
Her voice was quite similar to how Riho sounded when she first introduced herself in January.

And yes, Kuduu's now the official youngest member ever.
I think that's just testament to how effective the Egg program is for raising new talents.
After all, of the 16 idols I shook hands with on this trip, 7 of them were former Eggs.

Kanon was going nuts when they came out.
When it was time for them to shake hands with the new members, Kanon was jumping up and down excitedly.
The other members were like, "You know you're the senpai, right?"

Also, Eripon is the only 2nd year middle schooler, as she brought up in the MC.
I think she wanted to have a new classmate or something. :(

Anyway, congratulations to the new members!
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2011, 03:55:15 PM »

http://ameblo.jp/st-girls/entry-11033363517.html

Fuuka also posted in the DLH blog about the whole ordeal. She's congratulating Ayumi at least and recounting some experiences... and some stuff about DLH so I suppose she'll continue with that.

Oh, it was fun while it lasted. She was my first pick, but I was never confident in her chances of passing. Can't win them all! :P

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2011, 04:13:36 PM »

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2011, 04:17:36 PM »
Was very happy to see Gokkies back together to celebrate Ai's Graduation....is is how it should be

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2011, 04:19:48 PM »
Here's my vlog entry for tonight, mostly on the concert.
With special guest, Chibs!

Also, when the 10th gen joined in for Tomo at the end of the concert, they looked like they already had quite a bit of practice, unlike the 9th gen.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
  • Offence is taken, not given
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2011, 04:41:31 PM »
"Masaki"? That's her surname, not a nick XD sato's easier :P

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline Serafis_CZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • serapiscz
« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2011, 05:34:56 PM »
Actually it's her given name so using it as nick somehow makes sense...

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2011, 05:56:41 PM »
Ah, late again. Or probably just in time.
Watched the past 20eps of HPT today, to catch up with 10th gen. :nervous

Surprised with Sara not getting in too. She looked like she already debuted in that recording studio test.
I was almost certain she'd join because I felt she had a yossie boyish-carefree aura, something I think current MM lack.

Still, the 4 new girls are good picks too. Congratulations to them! :)

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2011, 07:23:42 PM »
WTF no Sara... don't know what he wants for MM anymore

11... 12... 14... 16... did he decided just to fill the age gap??? ROFL

anyways the lethal flower and tall girl weren't in my picks but good for them and as for Haruka i think it would be shocking if he didn't join aince she is an egg and did it all right
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 07:30:57 PM by shurastriker »

Offline nikorai

« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2011, 09:28:53 PM »
Hello. I was closely following the latest Haropro Time episodes and I was making my own predictions. Tsunku’s decision was quite easy to guess. Personally, I was rooting for Haruka, Haruna, Ayumi and Sara.

And I was quite right in my prediction. Tsunku did indeed take four newcomers. I guessed everyone but Yuuki=Masaki.

http://ameblo.jp/tsunku-blog/entry-11032996523.html

Tsunku is trying to give arguments to his choice though he doesn’t sound convincing.
“Of course everyone was feeling nervous. But they had will, a firm character, an aura, and an appeal of a star. I think they managed to introduce themselves and made a good impression on the audience (TL NOTE – at the Budokan Concert). Actually, they surpassed my expectations.

This time 4 people made it to the group. Actually at first I was thinking to take not more than two. But there were too many talented girls this time. I was tossing out the candidates until there were four.

I’m constantly asked what I had in mind when I made my choice. Basically, it’s inspiration. You can say that I have a built-in radar that scans through people. (TL NOTE. You don’t need to be a genius to see that Haruna is cute).

To be more precise.
Let’s take Haruna. She’s open-minded (aka "pure"), she’s like a flower. And she sings good. I think she deserves to stand at the front lines.

Or say, Ayumi. She surpassed everyone in dancing and singing skills. She has a temper, too. I’m absolutely positive I made the right choice.

Masaki (TL NOTE. I can’t help but call her Yuuki. It’s written Yu-u-ki.) is a dark horse. But she gets the prize for photogenicity. 

Haruka is a Haropro Egg. With her experience as a singer I was dreaming of her becoming one of Momusu.”

Tsunku may speak about girls’ abilities but honestly I think he choice them for the looks.

Judging by the poll, Sara is everyone’s favorite here. Maybe she’s not best-looking (depends on you) but it’s obvious that her singing stood above the rest.

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
« Reply #155 on: September 29, 2011, 11:03:28 PM »
The last time H!P picking inferior mediocrity instead of superior quality, Kashiwagi Yuki ended up Team B captain

So this time, where should Sara go, where her talents would be better appreciated? Max Matsuura's Avex Group (gave the world Ayumi Hamasaki & Namie Amuro) or EMI Japan (also Namie Amuro, & Utada Hikaru)?

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2011, 11:30:26 PM »
^ Give it a rest already. You want to keep on whining, do it somewhere else.

--

http://ameblo.jp/kwsmstyle/entry-11033339084.html

A nice pic of Ayumi from Kwsmstyle blog. I have no idea who he is, though.

http://ameblo.jp/dorothylittlehappy/entry-11033171790.html

Here's some more from the Dorothy Little Happy blog along with the congrats from DLH members and the like.

http://ameblo.jp/cute-tv

And some more of that ye olde Haruna modelling. Couldn't find the exact entry, maybe she went by that silly artist name of hers during these...

And a bunch more of Haruna mag scans. Braces and all.

Offline Meania

• shooting for the stars~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #157 on: September 29, 2011, 11:43:33 PM »
;   w ; I do hope he's got some plans for Sara, be that a couple of years in eggs before being added to a group or plans for her to be in a new group or solo artist.
I doubt he'll let her go completely! :lol:; 11th gen maybe...?

:panic: :heart: Ayumi and Haruna are already growing on me~ >  u <

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2011, 11:44:52 PM »
@ stryfe's pic post: Embrace her! Haha, ha, get ittt

Ayumi should have Fuuka's hair to be honest... I don't think the bangs are working for her, and definitely not when the rest of the hair is pulled back tight! Oh man I don't even know why it bothers me so much. I think she'd just look tons cuter if she had Fuuka's hair. lol I know she won't though, because Every Idol Has Bangs in Japan lol
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2011, 11:51:40 PM »
Bangs are a good thing tbh, have you noticed how scary Akimoto Sayaka looks with her forehead exposed? XD
There's reason Sayumi ensures her bangs are covering her forehead before having the pic taken

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kobushi Factory - This is Unmei