JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bennie K - Osaga

Author Topic: akihabara@DEEP Thread  (Read 28084 times)

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: akihabara@DEEP Thread
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2007, 05:45:10 AM »
^ Adding to wishlist, the 'normal' DVD already had behind the scene footage for each DVD which was funny to watch :)

Offline BuRn

• Gonna BuRn in Hell when I DIE!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2007, 02:49:22 AM »
esp 3 and 4 of the DC version is out.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2007, 05:55:33 AM »
They are upto ep9 now already!

Offline StoneAgeMan

• Ancient Seeker of Wisdom
« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2013, 04:19:34 PM »
Okay, I know this is a little necromantic and reviving a long-dead thread about an old program is not always a good idea, but I just had to add my uninformed opinion  :P

I watched it through on Gooddrama.net where they have each episode (1-11) subbed, including the "Special" episode, which is like a "making of". They have split each epsiode into three 15 minute clips and include the commercial break captions (but not the commercials). It is very easy to watch on there and there are several encodings to choose from. They made the mistake of illustrating the TV drama series with a picture from the movie version, but the cast is correctly identified.

From the Special episode we can see that all filming was done on location and took about three months. For much of that it seems to have been extremely cold and many of the days were ridiculous long hours (Episode 7 had a shoot that finished at 31.00 hours, which is 7am in my language).

Also in that Special episode we can see some rather harsh words from the director towards Hatsune Matsushima and Yuka Kosaka. He came across as mean. I wondered if he was playing mind games; treating them badly on purpose to help the @DEEP actors form a bond between themselves. I can see how that might work. Of course, they were both "just photo idols" rather than actors, so maybe they were useless, I don't know. I liked them both.
There's always going to be something that makes you go "Eh!?", it just happens that there is more of it in Japan than anywhere else.

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bennie K - Osaga