JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: SKE48 - ZERO BASE

Author Topic: [07/02-07/05] Morning Musume @ Anime Expo (Schedule/Who's Down P.1)  (Read 292157 times)

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
I'm a do it this weekend, popped off for No Doubt tix so pls, splurge for me is over!

LOL, my friend and I got presale tickets last night for No Doubt. 3rd row, baby! :heart: :heart: :heart:

As far as the Mayfair being part of the hotel block, I don't think it is. AX had a hotel list up before (not sure why it's gone now), and I don't recall seeing it on the list. Wait...yoinking hotel list from H!O (sorry!):

Quote from: Eojjeorago
Hilton Checkers:
$164.00/night Max Occupancy (4)
Holiday Inn City Center:
$140.00/night Max Occupancy (4)
Hotel Figueroa:
$133.00/night Max Occupancy (3)
Los Angeles Athletic Club:
$135.00/night Max Occupancy (3)
Los Angeles Marriott Downtown:
$159.00/night Max Occupancy (3)
Millennium Biltmore Hotel:
$150.00/night Max Occupancy (3)
Omni Los Angeles:
$146.00/night Max Occupancy (4)
Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel:
$152.00/night Max Occupancy (4)
Westin Bonaventure:
$145.00/night Max Occupancy (4)
Wilshire Grand Los Angeles:
$149.00/night (Standard) Max Occupancy (4)
$159.00/night (Deluxe) Max Occupancy (4)
$179.00/night (Executive) Max Occupancy (4)

I wouldn't be surprised if there are any changes in the future, but I guess you can use this as a reference for now.

I have a room lined up at the O(rchid) Hotel (having a plasma TV, mini-bar, and gym is always a plus I guess?... :lol:) which is 3 blocks away from the con and paid for it full upfront last month. Says only max of 2/room at the hotel, my friend who's going to Seattle with me is gonna be crashing, and I may/may not already have a 3rd. Sharing isn't a problem as long as we don't get caught. :D Cost wise...I honestly don't really care since I already paid for it all.

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
Which hotel do y'all think the girls are most likely to stay at coz someone should totally stay there despite the cost XD

And rev, even though I'm not going, thanks sooo much for all the help you've been giving everyone :heart:

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
Alright, so I pre-registered. I haven't booked my flight or hotel yet, but as far as that goes I'm pretty much just biding my time (though I might do a hotel reservation if something comes up like a cheap deal or a chance to room with someone for cheaper). Flights generally seem to be cheapest about 2 months in advance, so it's a bit early now. ^^ And yes, money is a concern lol - not that I don't have it, but that I want to spend as little as possible, haha. Anyway, thinking I'll probably arrive on Wednesday or Thursday and leave Sunday so I won't miss too many classes. In the meantime, looking forward to seeing the girls and everyone. :)

I'll have to check out those threads about letters etc...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 12:08:54 PM by rokun »

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
how much is the Mayfair anyway? i like to see if i can room with anybody so i don't have to pay every night

mainly, i like to spend on the souvenirs(knowing how high Cali stuff is) wonder if we could hit up an asian mall and see if they got those Fantas I've been looking for(or the Rika veggies)

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
regular grocery stores sell fanta...  unless these have rika on the bottle or something

i linked a room at the mayfair a few pages back thats $77/night. if you get some people to split with you it comes out very cheap.

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
^ well, i'm sure they got asian malls there..all we got is a world market(which is a couple of hours away) they got ramune, hi-chew but the same pocky..that's at least one place i like to go

Offline Reanimation

• Kameist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
you guys should visit Little Tokyo in L.A.
http://www.littletokyoshoppingcenter.com/

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
^ thanks RA! I like to vote that we go to Little Tokyo..that's my one request I like.

unfort, we can't go to the Price is Right in Burbank :lol:

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
i guess its just being a local, but little tokyo really isnt all that super fantastic lol. but i wouldn't mind taking a trip down there. there's this awesome shabu-shabu place we should try to eat at there. they only open from a certain time though and it gets super crowded

Offline Haruka

• ^Every time I see you, my heart hurts^
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~ Miki Queen ~
I will sold my apartment just for go...

I have the money u_u the only one problem is... the VISA...

Here in Peru (my country) it's kind of hard get one of those u_u

God!! She knows she's HOT!

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
i guess its just being a local, but little tokyo really isnt all that super fantastic lol. but i wouldn't mind taking a trip down there. there's this awesome shabu-shabu place we should try to eat at there. they only open from a certain time though and it gets super crowded

It'll be interesting if you don't go to Japanese places much. :lol: But there are Japanese places spread out all through So Cal so yeah...

Anyways, not really familiar with the metro LA Japanese/Asian spots besides a couple, but you can go to Mitsuwa in Little Tokyo, it's a fairly large Japanese market with a bookstore and a food court. Never been to that one, but I hear they have a pretty good ramen place. My friend works there :lol:

Offline Nowaru

Oh my lord, I wasn't thinking about going to AX this year(would be my 4th year going), but holy crap, there's no other option now LOL

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
I would so love to go to those places..just to say I'bve been there..it'll probably be as close to Japan as I can get*begs*

since it's close for me to go now..I'm looking for a roomie..anybody care to reply?

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
^Did you get a room already? I got one with two beds and don't have any wih me yet. I'm at the Mayfair, checking in the 2nd, and checking out on the 6th.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
^ no, not yet..is the Mayfair far from the expo?

i would get a room, but i would spend too much for me being alone :lol:

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
^tenkei said it's like a 30-minute walk. (Something like that) I got that one since a couple others are too, and it's only $77 a night.

Offline limitbreaker02

• Quiet Lowkey Mofo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lovey Dovey ~
Dai needs to make the After Hours Activities thread. I wanna know what people are planning so I can figure out how many days to stay (and if I wanna join in or not). Disneyland? Tonight Show w/ Conan? I'm up for anything reasonable...

As for my hotel I'm thinking about the Orchid Hotel as well. The list of hotels that rev2hd put up are pretty darn expensive. Found a room with 1 bed for about $91 a night. FRICK that room is gone. Next best that doesn't require full payment up front is $621 total for 5 days. Maybe I might meet up with rev2hd cause of same hotel.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 05:39:25 AM by limitbreaker02 »

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
To get into conans you need to book 6 months in advanced; believe me I tried...

I reccomended this in the chat- you guys should at the very least check out 6 flags. Theyre one of the companies that might go out of business this year!
Seriously going on a jphipified roller coaster ride? We'll probably get kicked out of the park!

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
Oh my lord, I wasn't thinking about going to AX this year(would be my 4th year going), but holy crap, there's no other option now LOL

Actually, that's the exact same situation as me. Ever since I got into H!P, I was like, "Screw anime." but when this was announced, I completely reversed and practically tackled the AX site... Officially, this'll be my 4th year. I doubt I'll go again after this, unless H!P becomes involved again, somehow.

Driving/being driven up each day to L.A. Ouch on the gas costs... (I think. *doesn't keep up with the economy/gas prices and just knows that it fails*) Then again, it's only about an hour...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 06:43:48 AM by ShikyoxYaiba »

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom

It'll be interesting if you don't go to Japanese places much. :lol: But there are Japanese places spread out all through So Cal so yeah...

Anyways, not really familiar with the metro LA Japanese/Asian spots besides a couple, but you can go to Mitsuwa in Little Tokyo, it's a fairly large Japanese market with a bookstore and a food court. Never been to that one, but I hear they have a pretty good ramen place. My friend works there :lol:

the mitsuwa in little tokyo closed up a couple weeks ago. but yeah other stuff there is good. mostly food places

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: SKE48 - ZERO BASE